Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Should I continue seeing him?
 clasact
Msg: 16 (view)

Should I continue seeing him?
Posted: 10/16/2009 1:22:57 PM
You know, I'm not going to tell you what you should or shouldn't do. I'll let you come to that conclusion all on your own. We of course only know one side of this story.

But....

I'll tell you what *I* think if this situation if it pertained to me.
You say you have a lot to offer *a* relationship.....again, "*a* relationship". See? What I looked for in your OP would be "*this* relationship". Everyone has in mind what they are looking for in a relationship.

You describe how he makes you feel and you say that: (paraphrasing)
-makes you depressed
-criticizes you
-hurts your feelings
-don't have anything in common
-thinks he's using you

He tells you that you complain about wanting too much from him. That right there tells me that it might seem to him that you're trying to change him in certain ways that he's just not comfortable with and he probably doesn't want to change whatever that is. Why? What is it you're wanting from him that is too much for him to give? And then you end up feeling 'bad' again? I have to say, that, that's on you, not on him because you put yourself in that position. Are you trying to stick with this 'relationship' because you need to just have anyone around? And you know? Everyone has their 'sweet' moments.....everyone.

I don't know, but if this were my situation and someone made me feel bad and was all that 'you' describe, I don't think I'd have any problem figuring out what to do. Ask yourself some of these questions, then decide what you feel you should do. Seems to me that being in a relationship with someone should feel like a good thing.
 clasact
Msg: 19 (view)

Seriously Why would you give head on a first date then ignore calls the day after.
Posted: 10/11/2009 6:17:52 PM
Hmmm, do you feel a little used OP, is that it?
Then stop setting yourself up for it.

You say in your profile that you're tired of girls screwing you a couple of times and then bailing out.

The "deal" is.......she wanted a one night stand and only because you didn't bring protection, you didn't have conventional sex but you would have, right?
I have news for you....both of you participated in sex.

And for the people who will say and have said the woman is a slut .......... OP you are no better or no worse than she is in this whole scenario.
 clasact
Msg: 17 (view)

What a guy thinks
Posted: 10/10/2009 7:53:21 PM
Wha....???

You didn't date him for 2 years....you saw him FOUR times. WTH?

I have to say, I thought I was blessed with an abundance of patience but OP, you rival Job.

He's got "something missing " that keeps him from committing?
I'd say.........that something is a woman. You need two to Tango, 'eh?
 clasact
Msg: 2 (view)

I know some will consider this sacrilege, but...
Posted: 10/10/2009 5:32:24 PM
You know what chitownguy40?

I agree with you on everything except your first line....well, I know, you did use "can sink into a sexual rut"...you didn't use "does sink or will sink". And yes, I do believe it can 'sink' IF the two involved aren't paying attention and aren't communicating with each other.

As for one-night-stands? Pffft!
But, to each their own.
 clasact
Msg: 6 (view)

Am I being too pushy?
Posted: 10/10/2009 4:16:33 PM
You are absolutely not being too pushy.

You've talked to him here now over a month; gave him your phone number when he asked; accepted to go out with him and then he does what? He never called you and then cancelled.

Now, he could have been sick, lets give him that benefit of the doubt but....I doubt that he was sick.

Now he says he's shy and when last you spoke with him....what was the rest of that conversation? Lemme tell ya sumptin' there OP........zillions of shy people date every day and every day there are shy people all over the world goin' on their first date with someone. See?

And then there's just downright paranoid people who do TRY but it takes them several attempts to do anything.

How old is this man anyway?
What did he say when you said you didn't want to be strung along.
Hell, I know people who live a few hundred miles away from each other that don't take that long.

Actually, if someone wants to meet you they will come out from behind the monitor and jump off the keyboard and proceed with getting to know you in the real world...THAT'S where it's at.......There isn't a 'proper time frame' everyone is different but sometimes you just know when enough is enough time. And if the other person is puttin' on the 'brakes' about just meeting for god sakes then that's up to you whether to accept that or just move on.

I might give him one more chance but that depends on what his comments were when you talked to him about it.
 clasact
Msg: 2 (view)

Hurt a friend - need advice
Posted: 10/10/2009 12:41:39 PM
You know, we're sometimes hurtful to those we love.....you're human....humans are emotional creatures who 'feel' and some 'feel' very deeply.

You made a mistake, we all do at times.
I'm sure you've apologized to her but you just have to let her work through this at her own pace.

You hurt her feelings and she is most likely sad AND mad. Just let her know how sorry you are and that you will be there for her when the time is right.

Yes, if she's still talking to you then she values your friendship.....she's just teed off and hurt right now.......give her time.
 clasact
Msg: 8 (view)

POF a Serious Site? Or, a Heat Test Place?
Posted: 10/10/2009 11:44:08 AM
Let the Saturday "games" begin...

What did you think this place was OP, a place where the seahorses pee rainbow colored water and pink ponies fart cherry popsicles?

Anything worth the time is worth the effort....
If you don't find it worth your time, don't put forth the effort....

Just sayin'

Edit: OP, just tell your assumptions to the people here who are still a member of this forum who are either married to each other or have met their s/o here.
 clasact

sex object
Posted: 10/9/2009 7:24:12 PM
Okay........what?

Your words don't match what your pictures display and what your post insinuates Provoke.

Hmmm, must be that "marketing through innuendo" Krebby's talkin' about.

You wouldn't happen to be "advertising" now would you?
 clasact
Msg: 24 (view)

He stated that I was his 'life partner' ?!
Posted: 10/9/2009 5:53:40 PM

If I were blessed enough to have found my life mate, he could slap my a$$ and call me Sally for all I care.

Yep, now that right there ^ says it all in my opinion, nothing more needs to be said. Brilliant, I love it.

OP, if that's all you have to complain about then you are a lucky woman since I have seen so many people, day to day, who have some real relationship problems. But hey, if it's really ruffling your feathers then just ask him to call you something else.
 clasact
Msg: 13 (view)

rules for dating and getting to know someone ?
Posted: 10/9/2009 5:29:37 PM
Geezus, I hate rules when it comes to this topic.

It's like trying to stuff something into a too small box and expecting to be able to get the lid on correctly, but you can't, and stuff is hangin' out over the edges. Pffft! Who wants that?

It's like having a PLAN when to do this and when to do that....it's not something I can wrap my brain around. I see so much of this type of question here, about "rules" of dating. Why does there HAVE to be a rule? Why can't it (the relationship) just find its own way, its own flow, its own balance, no matter when this or that occurs?

That's just what my opinion is, everyone is different but it just seems as though there are a lot of people who take the spontaneity out of this and then are disappointed in the end.

I'm not saying to wait long periods of time for anything or to jump willy nilly.....all I'm saying is, do whatever when the time feeeeeeeeeeels right for both involved. That's all. Unclench a lil bit and relax.

OP I don't mean this as severely as it might sound but.....if you thought about introducing those timelines into your profile it sounds (as written there) like a 'laundry list" .
 clasact
Msg: 9 (view)

Why did he not want to meet?
Posted: 10/8/2009 6:17:03 PM
^^^ I think you might have missed her point LD44

She said "yes" to going to a game with him when he asked but he didn't follow through.

Then she asked him to meet and POOF...he's gone.

VVV Yes annnnnd, it wouldn't have been too much work if he would have followed through when he asked her out but he didn't.
 clasact

Why did he not want to meet?
Posted: 10/8/2009 5:54:50 PM
londondairymaid, there's lots of flakes out there.

There's lots of people who don't want to come out from behind the monitor.

There's lots of people who talk a good 'game', but when it comes right down to it, they're fulla BA-loney.

Talk's cheap and the time you spent chatting that long (living in close proximity) is well...time.

Some people get to chatting it up and then when someone proposes a meet it's like..."WHAAA? We're s'pose to meet?"

You didn't DO anything wrong.
 clasact
Msg: 22 (view)

Please Help Me
Posted: 10/8/2009 4:29:05 PM
You know what?

This IS a troll post

Read back in Message 5, she has it all mapped out...

And I have one caveat to add..

I'm from Charleston, WV originally and I know for a fact that the police/sheriff/state aren't gonna go out and look for an adult female that quickly...let alone find her in a motel banging some guy. You're lucky if you can get any of them to look for anyone in less than 72 hours.

OP, you need a better timeline dude if you're gonna tell tales.
BS!
 clasact

How do I politely tell a guy that I'm not interested
Posted: 10/8/2009 10:36:37 AM

Now we are both single and he keeps asking me out on dates and I keep cancelling because why would I want to date a guy who is going to cheat on his gf? Anyhoo, how do I get the point across to him in a nice way that I am never going to go out with him and he should just move on????

What?

You keep 'cancelling dates'?
Why are you accepting dates to begin with if you're not interested?
That just doesn't make any damn sense, at least not to me.

I guess you would get the point across by just saying 'no' to the date.....

(Why in the world do people have to complicate this sh!t so much....just thinking out loud)
 clasact

So why contact me?
Posted: 10/8/2009 10:30:13 AM
Message keep coming?
Well, block him then if you don't want to tell him directly.

christ, just tell him already either you don't want to continue to get messages, or tell him to get his butt in gear and meet. Unless there's some earth shattering crisis on his end.

If he is, in fact, that busy and you don't want to wait it out until the schedule clears then move on and find someone else who is more 'in tune' with you.

It's not rocket science.
 clasact

am i an option for him?
Posted: 10/7/2009 9:09:43 PM
Uhmm, yeah, it 'sounds' like a string-a-long on the face of it.

Then again, he's still married and smack dab in the midst of a divorce with the ex changing demands she has and it's weighing on his mind....uh, what there is OF it right now. His main focus is what's happening in THAT turmoil.

And....he's still married. (is there an echo?)

Talk about fryin' pan.

If you like him then tell him to come around if he's still interested after all his ducks are in order and he's....not married.

What he 'says' now.....could greatly differ after the divorce.
 clasact
Msg: 3 (view)

Head game or what?
Posted: 10/7/2009 5:41:10 PM
Show him s'more money and I bet he changes his 'tune' for a little bit.

Then a little while after he changes his tune to your liking ....he'll change it back to his 'station' and not answer the phone etc..until the next installment.

Just to be frank.
 clasact
Msg: 10 (view)

guy/girls who were cheap on date
Posted: 10/6/2009 5:58:15 PM
No, I've never been out with someone who was 'cheap' on a date.

But I have to say, the best ones I've been on have cost practically nothing.

I have offered to pay and have paid before though, so....
 clasact

Great first date .. Then Poof
Posted: 10/5/2009 12:32:35 PM
He vanished, he poofed, he got run over by a bus maybe....who knows....he's not around.

You could give him a call and see if he's on the alive and well list but, meh, only if it's just killing you to know....ya know.

Fact is OP, there's a lot of 'talk' that goes on and not so much action to match the words that are spoken.

Some people just do that because they don't know how else to tell you, since some of them are cowards and are antsy about saying they aren't interested in going out again....don't know why that is but I've seen it go on around here a lot. Read some old threads, you'll see what I mean.
 clasact
Msg: 5 (view)

Women who break off contact with you after you've added them on facebook
Posted: 10/5/2009 9:12:49 AM

The lost interest as soon as they saw my facebook?

Could be.
Ya never know.
Who knows, the fact is they did.
Some people are flakey and some just decided not to contact you.

Sh!t happens.
The best way is to step into the REAL world....
 clasact

First Impressions
Posted: 10/5/2009 5:57:08 AM

it is never good to be a phoney or be somebody you are not.

Says the man who is always honest about himself Poooohey!
Speaketh with forked tongue...

But yes, Steve, he ^ does make a valid point....be yourself and be honest and straightforward because in the end, the truth will come out if there's lying going on.
 clasact

So what is the scoop
Posted: 10/3/2009 8:16:31 PM
He doesn't know what he wants but one thing is clear at this point..........

.......he friend zoned you.

Uhm, yeah, someone remind me not to start anything in the month of April from now on....good grief all the April relationship starting threads.
 clasact

Whats wrong with him?
Posted: 10/3/2009 6:00:44 PM
Just when you think everything's smoothly and you saw a light, only to realize that it's a train.

You agreed to be his friend, but I have an inkling that you agreed to do so in an effort to possibly get him to come back 'around'.....I might be wrong but....

...can you honestly compartmentalize your feelings that way? If so, then good....but think about that, can you honestly do that, just see him as a friend?

He says that he's afraid to get close to you because all his other relationships ended badly. Pfffft! That, my dear, is his problem and he visited 'all his other relationships' on you...he lumped you in with 'them'.
 clasact

Stopped talking to me!!
Posted: 10/3/2009 4:19:04 PM
Pheonix, this type of thing seems to run amuck with online dating. I don't know why that is either. It's one of the major talked about topics around here. Sorry about your recent experience.

Something that's always served me well throughout the years is that ....actions speak louder than words.

People who up and disappear like that are not worth your time. I know that doesn't make it any easier to understand and I don't think that anyone understands it except people who actually behave in this manner.

I know it's hurtful, but there's not any way to know why your guy just up and bailed. And if you waste time thinking about it too much, that's just time you've allowed him to take up space in your head that you'll never get back.

It's like backing out of a room at a party, hoping no one notices.

Kind of what Mahogany wrote:
some guys just thinks by not talking to the woman anymore she will forget all about him , they think that silence is golden.
 clasact

Should i do it??
Posted: 10/3/2009 9:35:40 AM
Oh brother.......

OP? If you don't like the answers then don't post a question.
You can't choose who posts a response and what they have to say.

Or is it that you don't want to hear, what you don't want to hear.

If you want to bang the chick then do it, but then don't come back whining about what
a scuz slut she is and how she's this and that. Know why? Because you'll be the same.

You are taking a poll on how many strangers here, on a public forum would go for this?
And if you should do it? Really?
 clasact

Do you really mean it?
Posted: 10/2/2009 4:37:22 PM

For me these lines at the end of the profiles are just blank filler words. They might as well say 'blah blah blah' because it has about the same meaning.

Yeah, just like I said in another thread......sounds like the teacher's voice in the
Charlie Brown cartoons............of course a lot of people sound like that.
 clasact
Msg: 24 (view)

Do all profiles sound the same to you?
Posted: 10/2/2009 3:41:09 PM
Yup, now that you mention it they mostly sound like
the teachers voice on Charlie Brown specials.
 clasact
Msg: 19 (view)

Invest more time or punt?
Posted: 10/2/2009 1:29:00 PM
^^^ Make sure you don't "whiff" da ball.
 clasact
Msg: 12 (view)

Invest more time or punt?
Posted: 10/2/2009 12:30:01 PM
Ya know what? Drop back and punt because I don't think you're gonna get
your kick blocked by her....nope...she's not gonna be rushin' that line to get
to the kicker.

And you even contradict yourself:

She's exactly my type and has exactly the background and personal situation I am looking for. Even POF says we're a 99% personality match.

And

I am on the fence as to invest more time or move on to someone who is a bit more open and affectionate.

If she's exactly your type then why do you want her to be more open and affectionate? That being said.....just how affectionate do you want someone to be on a 2nd friggin' date that you haven't exactly racked up hours with?

So, you go from 'exactly my type' to she's 'cagey and tentative'....

In any event, if someone wants to see you they will give you more of an indication than this woman did. Think about it, she's working out after work on Fri. and on Sat. AM. after she stated she didn't have any plans.
 clasact

Should eye, could eye, not an old joke
Posted: 10/1/2009 7:10:29 PM
Bad/sad relationship?

Do you like to open old wounds? Yours?
 clasact

The selling of one's self
Posted: 10/1/2009 6:38:50 PM
quieteextrovert, dude?
How old's that pic of yours there....what....30+ years?

What are you trying to sell......1970's overstock of Bee Gee's hair products?

And many women OVER 40 seem to have the catch phrases," I want a drama- free relationship AND someone with no baggage! I can only laugh!

So? Then what's the problem? Laugh and move on.
Pretty simple once you get the hang of it.
 clasact

Am I the only one this really puts off?
Posted: 10/1/2009 6:19:47 PM

p.s. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

NO, and if you ask me that ONE more time, I'ma gonna turn the car around
and we can go back home. Ooops, sorry, for a minute there I thought I was
havin' a flashback.... (Hey David nice to see you back)

But OP the same can apply to the annoyances.
 clasact
Msg: 28 (view)

He wears Victoria's Secret panties??
Posted: 10/1/2009 6:04:39 PM
All I keep thinking after this question and after all the previous responses is........... why would someone want to DO that to Victoria Secret panties. Seems just soooo wrong.

Tell him to wear Maidenform or Vera Wang anything but not VS.
 clasact
Msg: 21 (view)

Casual Relationships...... Can they work????
Posted: 10/1/2009 4:45:32 PM
Nice ..from "clasact"

Just tellin' it like it is......no sugarcoating......sugar.

No Pollyanna nineteenth century white knight crap.

Annnnnd, I didn't say he was a dirtbag...(putting words in my mouth?)
If curls wants this type of relationship then I said go for it.....
 clasact

Casual Relationships...... Can they work????
Posted: 10/1/2009 4:24:18 PM
If you're alright with that scenario then go for it curls1975.

I mean, he wants to bang you and not call you his girlfriend AND travel
a long way to do it.

Uhm, yeah, there's a reason for that.....because he
doesn't want anyone in his town to know about you most likely.
Because? Who knows....perhaps he has a girlfriend, s/o or wife.....like I said...
who knows.

Casual, sexual relationship is FWB.
If you're good with that then........by all means.

Edit: Oh, well, now I see where you say you've been to his hometown....uhmm, then
he thinks you're easy, he likes sex with you and wants to continue to dip his stick until
someone comes along he DOES want to call his girlfriend.
 clasact

The Vanishing Act....
Posted: 10/1/2009 7:56:02 AM
I don't have a 'plan', I would more or less go with my 'gut'.

If someone wouldn't answer my calls, emails, texts and falls off and are gone then that's that. I don't have to put up with something like that and I wouldn't. It'd just be
adios, don't bother me again. What explanation could there be this day and time for
not at least communicating something when there's been a consistent communication
and/or dating going on? Other than hospitalization.

The Fade? Well, that just happens I guess when the interest level evens off and
dwindles down for some people.......they just kindof drift away, it's like backing out
of a room and slinking off hoping no one in the room notices. It's just how some
people operate.

I've found from being here and reading hundreds and hundreds of threads that this
is just about the most asked question and the one that most people have a problem
with. I don't understand it either, I just go with it if it happens. It's lack of decorum
on the part of the Fader or the Vanisher and you can't have expectations of someone
who has no or very little decorum, can't expect them to act as you would like. It's like
asking a leopard to change it's spots and who would want to? They're just that type
of person.

I've also noticed the type of mentality some people have about people whom they meet
online, even though, they, themselves are also online dating.........some treat others
as less or just shrug it off as "oh, they're just someone I met online....what's the big
deal?" I have seen those actual words in print. Others treat it like a candystore and
this is not a gender thing either. And yeah, people do, do this if you meet them IRL
but far less.

But then, just like you'd meet someone in real life or where ever, there are Diamonds under all of those rocks you will stumble across..............nobody said it's easy.
 clasact

2 Second Dates Which Led to Nothing...Confused.
Posted: 9/30/2009 7:01:31 PM
Well I have to agree that the "osculation" thing MeteoMan was a bit lame too but...

In any event.....
April was a b!tch, plain and simple from the get go.
From asking you why you hadn't gotten a table yet to
getting upset and embarrassing the waitress. What kind
of person acts that way. But, meh.....you still wanted to
kiss her.....right?

And about the hat thing?
Nah, I don't think you wearing a hat had anything to do with it.
It's just something else that was on her 'b!tch list. Something that
just quite didn't measure up that night. And for another thing?
Why would you want to even see someone who acted that way?

And Carla?
Uhm, well dude, she wanted to jump yer bones
and you couldn't make it. You rejected her overtures.
And probably good that she did drop you.
I mean wonder how many HAVE taken her up on that offer right off the 'bat'?
You're telling us you didn't see that one? You need glasses?
 clasact
Msg: 10 (view)

Couple of experiences i have had
Posted: 9/30/2009 6:25:36 PM
Okay, so, sticky notes now make people an over-analytical questioning worrier?
Hmmm, who knew......~sighs~ I learn sumptin' new about myself every day 'cuz I
use sticky notes too. I didn't know this.......

OP you are the one picking these women, eh?
Perhaps the Post-it Queens are attracted to a guy like yourself.
You could maybe analyze yourself and try to figure out just what it is that is
attracting these women who have fetishes for tiny lil yellow pieces of sticky paper.
 clasact

Should I do this?
Posted: 9/27/2009 11:13:10 AM

Let us say that I have large interest in a female that I already messaged but received no reply. One or two days pass and, to show her my intense interest, I send roses or a gift. This is, I reiterate, a lady who has not replied to my message yet, she has been online and has read it.

Oh Lord.

And I reiterate

Oh Lord
 clasact

Closure.
Posted: 9/27/2009 5:50:04 AM
If you knew, after your first date then why have a second date?

Both of you dropped off......she AND you.

And then, two weeks later you decide to email her stating that you're not interested?

I'll bet she got the "sense of dealing" with you, that you weren't really interested after that phone call after the second date.
 clasact
Msg: 14 (view)

belly button kissing and licking
Posted: 9/27/2009 4:54:06 AM

I am wondering, do you like it on a first or second date and beyond, if a guy raises your shirt up and kisses and licks your belly button?

Can you say Tazer?

Troll
 clasact

We're not all the same
Posted: 9/26/2009 4:54:42 PM
Oh Geezus Keyyyrist!

There YOU go passing judgment on all women, 'always' doing whatever it is that you
think we all do. Such sweeping generalizations and you brought a big broom too.
Much larger that the one *I* rode in on when I read this thread.

Why do you get to pass judgement on all of us as "bad" guys because of your past?

^^^ ~sighs~
vvv

We're not all the same and we not all ***holes.

Oh the irony of it all!!!

I don't honestly think some of you ladies realize that girls can be just as irritating in relationships but if we say anything about it we're considered rude and jackasses

Sure we do, have you not been paying attention?
It's all in how you say it.
 clasact
Msg: 20 (view)

First Date Expectations vs. Outcomes and disappointments
Posted: 9/26/2009 3:30:44 PM
expectation of that first date/meeting is why there is disappointment
Which is the reason I hold no high and very little expectation going in.
Too many people set themselves up to be disappointed.
Sometimes it's as simple as corresponding with/talking to someone for a fair amount of
time prior to meeting.

Then they have built up this imaginary sense of the other that sometimes gets out of
whack with what is really true when that time finally arrives. Sometimes, the other
person isn't who he/she appeared to be online, from photos to a myriad of other things.
Partly because sometimes it's true and sometimes it's what the imagination has
come up with.

Is it because on some level we trust what a new prospect tells us vs. what they say and do?

Well, yes, yes it is.......most humans want to trust what someone tells us, but I'm a
believer in actions speak louder than do words most of the time. Until someone gives
me a reason to mistrust their words I have no reason to doubt it but....I hang no hope
of expectation(s) on it either and I will wait for the action(s) of the words. If it doesn't
occur, or isn't clarified, then the 'words' were useless. Could that be
disappointing? Well, sure, but, it's not the end of the world.......
 clasact
Msg: 11 (view)

i dont get this
Posted: 9/25/2009 7:11:23 PM

it's not paedophilia, noobs. The age of consent is 14 in the OP's state, making the story so much more epic, since its legal.

WRONG!

Pennsylvania Criminal Code:

The age of consent in Pennsylvania is 16 years of age. Teenagers aged 13, 14 and 15 may legally engage in sexual activity with partners who are less than 4 years older.
A person who is four or more years older than a consenting partner who is less than 16 years of age or any person that is older than 13 and has engaged in sexual activity with someone under the age of 13 may be charged with the following felony sex offenses:
§ 3123 Involuntary deviate sexual intercourse
(7) a person, who is less than 16 years of age and the person is four or more years older than the complainant and the complainant and person are not married to each other.
AND
§ 3122.1. Statutory sexual assault.
Except as provided in section 3121 (relating to rape), a person commits a felony of the second degree when that person engages in sexual intercourse with a complainant under the age of 16 years and that person is four or more years older than the complainant and the complainant and the person are not married to each other.
 clasact
Msg: 7 (view)

i dont get this
Posted: 9/25/2009 6:44:35 PM

i just dont get it

Wha....?
I think you do 'get it'.
I mean chasin' and liking younger women is one thing, that I understand, but a 15 year old? ACK!

You must have gotten too old for him or else he's looking for a gal to 'raise'.

And don't send him any money again.
He's scamming you and you and he's the one who should be sending
some money for the children's support....uhm, HIS children, not the one he's
literally screwing now.

What is it you don't get?
Where is he and his new uhm 'girl'friend that you sent money to come home?
I mean, did they run off somewhere across country or something?
How bizarre.
And yes, he can be arrested for it since he is more than 4 years older than the girl...in PA.
 clasact
Msg: 15 (view)

bein in love with more then 1person
Posted: 9/25/2009 3:37:52 PM

And here I was thinking that the stereotypes about West Virginia were only a harmless joke. Guess there must be an element of truth after all

~sigh~ Sometimes I'm so embarrassed by my fellow West Virginians that I can
hardly contain myself. Actually, there IS intelligent life-form there.

OP you don't speak like this ..... do you?

OT: You need to step back and give your head a shake lilmisshottie. Look
within yourself to ascertain just why you feel the need to relationship hop.

And what do you mean the guy you're with at present "calm them as his own kids"?
Do you mean....claims them as his own? Where's their father(s) in this deal?
See...I can't even understand some of this bullsh!t language damnit!
 clasact
Msg: 13 (view)

If I don't respond right away, men don't write back
Posted: 9/25/2009 5:08:28 AM

davidpiano: they're communicating with the women who wrote back before you did.

Navigator: Exactly! It's not that hard to figure out.

Nope, it's not hard to figure out luvsmiles16, you get what you put into it.

I don't wait around for someone to answer my emails, who knows how long you'd be waiting?
So, you just go on to the next and if someone answers back, then great, unless
someone else might have caught my attention while the other wasn't responding and I don't have the power to know IF they even will. Who wants to deal with that........
(Same goes for those who you've already or are now corresponded/corresponding with on a regular basis....if you drop off communication most times it just kindof fades away.....if they don't want to keep up communication that's what happens. It's happened to everyone who's been online dating for any time.)

That's probably what's happened to you.
 clasact

The Majority threw in the towel too early!
Posted: 9/24/2009 9:03:04 AM

Is this normal that a man would rather drive up here and meet me for another date, then me drive up there and meet him? is he being traditional or courteous?

Why can't you just leave well enough alone and just go with it this time?

and also should i continue contact by calling him tonight just to say hello, or stick with the AIM method of waiting for him to contact me first???

Oh yeah, do that....do all of that....sounds good....I would first text him, then email him,
then AIM him and then call him......within minutes of the other. He'll feel so wanted
and admired and well....just all warm and fuzzy about it all....yanno?

And then like I turned to my like BFF and said.. OMG like did you see what he said? LOL so then I like called up amber and was like chatting in 6 IMs while holding the phone and brittney beeped in and like I put amber on hold to get brittney up to speed and then my mom started yelling at me to like do the dishes and finally got amber & brittney on 3-way and we were LMFAO as we LOL but like my mom kept yelling about the dishes and OMG OMG OMFG I hit send after typing a message MEANT for heather to this guy and he said HUH

OMG like this was like, the best laugh I've had all morning. ^ (I can't believe I just typed 'like' in that context)
 clasact
Msg: 15 (view)

Is a phone call that difficult?
Posted: 9/24/2009 8:43:30 AM
Is a phone call that difficult?
Well, yeah, sometimes it is.

theonexo, you're over-analyzing on this wayyyy too much.
Stop hanging on every little word that's not so important.

He told you he was tired and that's why he didn't call.
Believe it or not, you probably aren't the number one thing on his plate right now.
I'm assuming he DID have some sort of life before you stepped in just 3 weeks ago...
right? So just chill out for a bit and let whatever you've started with him find it's own level, at it's own pace.

Things were moving ahead, probably rapidly if you saw each other 4-5 times a week
and now it's slowed it's pace some and you can't quite get your brain around that. The
man clearly told you that he wanted to take some of this time while away to think about
the next step "with us". And there you go gettin' all antsy and clenched up and
complaining about the length of his phone call to you......when again he's wanting
to take some time to think about things. Okay? He must be beginning to feel like
you are backing him up toward a corner.

Look, I know it's hard when you want to hear from someone you like, but there
is nothing you can do about it......if he wants to contact you, he will in his own good
time. I think you've made it abundantly clear to him that you want to hear from him.
You don't need to go beatin' him over the head with it. 'Cause it looks like that you
want to do that and have already started gettin' that ol' bare lightbulb of scrutiny
ready and waiting ........... not a good thing. Have a wee bit of patience or you're gonna
find him runnin' away. Give him the space he's asked for while on this trip.
 clasact

are some people non-datable?
Posted: 9/23/2009 6:05:13 AM

some people always have a b/f or g/f. even if there different from the last time you saw them. and then some still have one for a very long time.

And there are some people who always have a girlfriend/boyfriend just because they always have to have someone in their lives period, and it doesn't matter particularly who.

I don't know if some people aren't date-able and if there are.......barring the types you've already ruled out.....I wouldn't hazard to guess a main reason.

Show ALL Forums