Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: browse button
 tam879
Msg: 11 (view)

browse button
Posted: 6/22/2010 3:34:26 AM
I thank all of you for the info. and help. I will keep at it and try Firefox.
 tam879
Msg: 9 (view)

How much of the breakup was your fault?
Posted: 6/21/2010 6:15:56 PM
I have to assume all responsibility for the breakup. I was not passionate enough, I was hesitant, reluctant and not committed etc,etc. I got to comfortable in my comfort zone. I wish that I had experience in those regions then maybe I might have been more aware. I guess I had blinders on through the whole year.
 tam879
Msg: 8 (view)

browse button
Posted: 6/21/2010 4:22:57 PM
I`m not sure what Firefox will do or is really for. You said that you had this problem , did you fix it and get your IE to show the button for browser?
 tam879
Msg: 6 (view)

browse button
Posted: 6/21/2010 10:20:15 AM
I tried to follow your instructions but still haven`t seen any changes. Is the browser suppose be automatically on? If I had it before did I delete it somehow?
As for going to (Tools and clicking on Delete Browsing History the Temp. Internet Files came up next to it was a check box. Below that was the Cookies check box. I checked both and deleted them both. Please let me know if I might try something else. I would like to get some new pics up. Tam
 tam879
Msg: 5 (view)

browse button
Posted: 6/17/2010 4:36:58 AM
The image above doesn`t show up. I bought this PC in Nov. 08 and was able to put pics up last summer. Then I tried to put up new pics sometime last fall and recently again, but nothing. Not sure what FLASH does?
I`m not very technically inclined in how the browser cache and cookies work. I`ve looked at the Tools page not sure what Delete Browsing history will do.
 tam879
Msg: 4 (view)

browse button
Posted: 6/16/2010 8:11:34 PM
Sorry but I don`t see anything like what you have up. I do remember having something like , Select an image file to upload and it showed the Browse button. Now I don`t have anything.
 tam879
Msg: 3 (view)

browse button
Posted: 6/16/2010 7:46:05 PM
Could you please explain?
 tam879
Msg: 1 (view)

browse button
Posted: 6/16/2010 6:38:31 PM
I am trying to put up some new photos and I cannot see the browse button as required. Not sure where to find it. Need information please.
 tam879
Msg: 14 (view)

Thank you so much
Posted: 1/2/2010 2:59:20 PM
I`ve had dals since 1974 and I now have a fifth one Molly. My last one passed 3years ago. I had to put 3 of them down and I never ever got over that. Now that I have Molly I am going to do it again sometime down the road. She will be a year old next weekend and I hope I live long enough to at least ensure she is taken care of.
I know that pain of loss when you lose a pet, especially when they are all you have.
 tam879
Msg: 7 (view)

relationships
Posted: 8/29/2009 4:53:37 PM
It`s been almost 2 years come this Nov of my breakup. I was the dumpee but I was still hoping for a long time to try and get back. I keep thinking of the things she said in one her e-mails and she is right you can`t change who you are. Therefore I don`t think that I could get back together with her.
It still hurts to be dumped but her reasons were basically right on. Our breakup was not of a bad nature, she asked if I thought of moving in, I said no. I just couldn`t committ to that yet. I was hestitant and reluctant to do things. I am a cautious person. I wish we could get back together.
It seems like the majority are against getting back together. What is the failure rate after trying to get back together?
 tam879
Msg: 38 (view)

Getting stuff back from an ex
Posted: 7/6/2009 10:00:31 AM
So, you left a shirt at your g/f? I`m sure you can buy another in a week or 2. I left my 500.00 dollar bike at my ex-g/f because I use to stay with her on weekends and we rode a lot. I forgot it there and wanted it back but because I cared for her alot I just let it be. I gave her a leather chair and ottoman worth over $500.oo because after she had an operation I wanted to show that I cared for her. I have let it all go. I still think of her after over a year and a half. So, don`t be so, petty.
 tam879
Msg: 23 (view)

Welcome to Ireland....
Posted: 7/1/2009 9:02:52 PM
Take a tour. I saw lots of things. Those town street are just full of people and roads are pretty narrow. I went last year and we started in Dublin and bussed all over the place. Last stop was Belfast then hopped over to Scotland. Try it. You`ll like it.
 tam879
Msg: 22 (view)

Welcome to Ireland....
Posted: 7/1/2009 8:56:12 PM
I visited Ireland last summer liked what I saw. We started in Dublin and went all around the western parts up to Belfast. I couldn`t believe how narrow the roads were. I live in the prairie province of Manitoba and we have a large population of Irish living here. My ex g/friends were of Irish descent. Thanks for the welcome. I welcome you to Canada. I think that in someone else`s country you should show respect. I usually go to the states for a visit and I most defiently respect the Americans and their country.
 tam879
Msg: 43 (view)

Friendship First
Posted: 5/26/2009 4:39:20 AM
I tried the friendship thing which lasted for 20 + years. She lived 2 doors down from me and I was there almost everyday. I did lots of things for her and waited to maybe make a move on her. But as I waited she had met several guys and I just fell by the wayside and eventually our friendship just stayed that way till I found someone else. I think waiting can be good or bad depending on what postives come out for you.
 tam879
Msg: 32 (view)

Cant stant doggs..
Posted: 5/23/2009 6:07:35 AM
Why do you hate dogs? What have they done to you? I have never met any woman that hate my dogs and if they did they put up with them without a whimper.
As everyone has said don`t date people with dogs or cats etc. Any women out there hate dogs or cats? This guys for you.
 tam879
Msg: 2 (view)

Does fear hold us back from a true realationship?
Posted: 2/22/2009 3:56:53 PM
I have to wonder if I have a fear of rejection, and not finding a true relationship again. Never had a real relationship till about 2 years ago and it only lasted 14 months. But I did have one and I had no fear of feeling for that person. Now, I am not sure how to feel towards another person. I`ve met other people but mostly I would say that I wasn`t comfortable.
I look on this site and I just can`t seem to IM people anymore I also think that I lost my confidence but I`m not sure.
 tam879
Msg: 30 (view)

Jealous of Couples?
Posted: 2/21/2009 9:39:27 PM
I feel that way when I go shopping sometimes and see couples. I use to be a couple ,going shopping and seeing single people. I felt like I had the world in my hands when I had someone in my life.
I remember I never felt jealous that way before I had a relationship. I`d go shopping and nothing bothered me at all when seeing couples. I hope to be in a relationship someday, but with my new pup I ain`t go to worry about that for sometime.
 tam879
Msg: 18 (view)

Don't know what to do.
Posted: 1/7/2009 8:42:17 PM
If I ever find someone from here or anywhere that I want a relationship with and it works for us both then I`d be off this thing completely. I know that I`d want to be exclusive to that one person only and not be checking out the site over and over. If things don`t work out then you can always come back on here. I`d say dump him if he doesn`t want to get off of this site.
 tam879
Msg: 107 (view)

How Do You Get Somone Out Of Your Head?
Posted: 1/2/2009 10:20:30 PM
I am in the same boat as you. It`s been over a year since my breakup from my ex g/f. She broke up with me. I have thinking of going to her home but I keep fighting those thoughts off. I only seem to lose those thoughts when I`m with other people. I go home and then the thought of my ex comes back to me. I get angry at myself for thinking of her. I have to wonder why I`m still not over her. I blame myself for the breakup. But still I can`t get her out of my head or thoughts.
They say time, but how much time. I`ve joined art classes, work on the house etc. I guess having someone else in your life would be a big step in getting someone out of your head.
 tam879

Last time you were told I Love you?
Posted: 1/2/2009 7:24:34 PM
Just about 2 years ago I was told that in the heat of passion. I said, what? She didn`t said it again. To say "I Love You" to someone is very hard if your not sure you mean it. I thought I could say it but I never did.
 tam879
Msg: 48 (view)

Simple things you remember about someone special - past or present
Posted: 10/4/2008 6:09:16 AM
I remember her smile and the sound of her voice. Her caring and caressing, just how she treated me. Also many times I drive by certain places in the city that we had been to during our relationship. I wish I had that still.
 tam879
Msg: 404 (view)

What did YOU do wrong in your last relationship?
Posted: 9/28/2008 10:47:22 PM
What mistakes did I make in my last relationship, was that I got to comfortable and I didn`t do things with her, that is I never had any ideas ofwhat to do. It was always her.
I know that I blew it on a weekend 10 months ago and I know she said I didn`t do anything wrong. Well I also ignored her 2 days in a row by just laying on the couch and doing it the next day. I can remember just getting up and going straight to bed without even saying anything to her. After she brokeup with me I scrambled my brain to understand what I might have done wrong and I know that I did screw up. I wished that she had told me something.
So, life goes on. But for me ,I blame myself because she was a great person that I had hurt probably emotionally for maybe that one weekend. I really don`t know for sure?
 tam879
Msg: 66 (view)

Going out by yourself.
Posted: 9/16/2008 3:34:28 PM
I never went to the bars alone. Until one night I went to one bar just by myself and sat there had a drink that lasted for about 2 hours. I ended up talking to some people but that was it. I did take a trip across the p0nd this summer just on a whim. I really planned on going with my ex but she ended everything. So, I just planned out what I wanted and away I went. I am an introverted person but I am trying to move on and out into the world. Most of my friends I had were army buddies and or college friends but everyone has gone on to bigger and better things.
All you have to do is just walk in the bar and once inside it is darker and just go to the bar and order a drink stand there and just look like your looking for a friend or someone. Who cares, everyone is not looking at you they`re mostly yapping about nothing with each other. This doesn`t mean your going to be a barfly. Just experience the exposure to other people and see if you can handle it. If not nothing lost, just go home or whatever.
 tam879
Msg: 75 (view)

Men who don't want to stay in touch with their ex girlfriend
Posted: 8/24/2008 6:14:41 PM
I wanted to stay in touch with my ex-g/f. But I keep reading her last e-mails just to remind me that she doesn`t want to get back together. Sure I miss her, I haven`t seen her for nine months and no matter how much I would like to go to her place I just can`t. I don`t even no at what point in her life she is at.
I don`t want to contact her in anyway now because I don`t know how I would react if she has a guy friend. If she called me I`d probably talk to her. I wanted to remain friends but she said being in a relationship would make it hard to be friends. I now know that is true.
My feelings were just killing me for the last 7 months. So, now I`m past a certain point in which I`m healing , and contact will most definitely tear me apart . No contact, no staying in touch. I feel better now.
 tam879
Msg: 210 (view)

worse thing anybody said to you before they broke your heart.
Posted: 8/17/2008 6:11:18 PM
My ex-g/f phoned up and said "We`ve gotta talk". She came over and said it`s not working. What`s not working? But at least she cried more than me. Of course I`m still hurting after 8 months. So, she wins.:
 tam879
Msg: 13 (view)

adios
Posted: 8/12/2008 12:19:01 AM
Don`t close your account just yet buddy. Just last week I was chatting with this nice looking woman and I started to have some kind of feeling towards her. I talked to her during a long weekend up here in Canada and I thought that things were great. I went to work the next day and came home and bingo she left me a message saying she`d like to see my paintings etc. but she closed her account and I had no way of contacting her. I felt like I lost someone special but hell I only messaged with her for a few days. So, it happened to me also.
I am not taking things on this site seriously and just throwing my net out there again. Hey, I`ve met a couple of people from this site and although nothing came of it I still had some bites. So, just keep fishing and look at it as fun and games til you find the one you like and can trust. Do Not give your heart away just yet til you meet that person you like so much.
 tam879
Msg: 32 (view)

What to do?
Posted: 8/7/2008 6:35:04 PM
Do not sell your home. If you do and things don`t work out then you`ll be looking for another home. Think hard about it. I had the same chance to move in with my ex g/f and I owned my home. I had to think about it for sometime, but she broke up with me, maybe because I couldn`t commit. But I still have my home and I can`t seem to part with it.
 tam879

co-dependent?
Posted: 7/27/2008 3:00:09 PM
I`ve read several items on this forum and about people talking about something called c0-dependent. What does that actually mean? Does it really mean that you can`t live without someone or need someone in your life? I thought that meant people are lonely and need someone in their lives to take care of them or whatever it is.
I would like to know if that is a bad thing or not, I know that I don`t want to be in that position. I have been independent for over 30 years and took care of myself.
I met someone through another dating service and I only saw her on weekends for over a year and she broke up with me 8 months ago. I had been thinking of her over that length of time. I took a trip overseas and coming back I still think of her. I mostly think of her when I`m alone. There has been no contact at all. So, does that make me co-dependent? I have been talking to other women and met a few but I still think of my ex g/f. Another thing though she was my first long relationship. Does that have anything to do with my missing her?

I would like to hear from people in the know about such things.
 tam879
Msg: 16 (view)

After meeting someone, what are some good questions to ask?
Posted: 6/4/2008 6:41:51 PM
As for swearing I hear it at work everyday and when I was with my g/f she never swore and I certainly didn`t. When we went to movies I was nervous about the swearing but she didn`t mind it. As a teacher she hears it from the kids.
 tam879
Msg: 15 (view)

After meeting someone, what are some good questions to ask?
Posted: 6/4/2008 6:37:38 PM
I never asked to any questions with my ex g/f when I first met her. We met at a coffee shop and just introduced each other and from there we just talk about life in general. She had a pic of her dog and I had one of mine on our cell phones. From there we had many things in common and many relatives with the same names and we continued. No questions of what color do you like, or favorite foods etc. I`d say we took to each other without quizzing each other. Also I am a listener, I find talking sometimes boring. I just like to stare at the person I`m with. I look at their eyes and smile and that is what usually catches me firstly.
 tam879
Msg: 10 (view)

Intensity of Love and Passion Diminishing with Time
Posted: 5/30/2008 3:08:29 PM
I do believe that is what happened to my relationship. It lasted for only 14 months. Is that a long time? I have never had a long relationship before and I think that my communicating skills are not up to task. As for the love and passion, I don`t really know if I had love for my g/f or a deep enough passion. I think that I was very comfortable in my zone as she said. I guess I didn`t see what was happening in the relationship and therefore I couldn`t stop the breakup.
How do you communicate when you don`t really know how to?
How do you keep up the passion and love? Relationships are hard to keep going especially if you haven`t been in one. Dating and seeing people on and off is not a relationship .
 tam879
Msg: 9 (view)

She said there was No Spark
Posted: 5/25/2008 6:00:02 AM
No Spark? I have had that done to me several times. But, when I met a few women from another dating service in person I automatically thought that they were not the ones. So, even as I knew that I wasn`t interested I gave them a chance I talked to them for an hour or so and we`d have coffee and talk. But all the while I knew that I wasn`t into them. I tried looking into their eyes and talk about things that might be interesting to them. Still I felt nothing. After that we walked out and I`d say "I don`t think this would work" and they even sometimes would say the same thing.
I did meet one women, which was my last relationship and yes I did feel something for her and maybe she did the same. Next thing we dated and were in a relationship for over a year.
So, sometimes there is a spark and it takes control and things happen next thing your into each other. But, what happened to that spark after 1 year? I didn`t feel it anymore, I`m not sure if she lost it either. ( Maybe I was lucky to find her).
I haven`t felt that spark ever since. (Still looking).
But if you just emailed how could know if there is a spark or not? Yes, sometimes they might just be playing or not to sure if they`re interested in pursuing a relationship just yet. Who knows? Just go and find someone else since you`ve not committed to her.
 tam879
Msg: 923 (view)

So you want a second chance?
Posted: 5/18/2008 8:11:34 PM
I agree till he mentioned about women doing the breakup and having all the support behind them that makes it difficult for me to even thinking that my ex would even consider coming back. I`m in the same boat, no problems everything was okay until Nov 16 she came over and started to cry. You know that when they say that they want to talk that something stinks in Denmark. I haven`t seen her for 6 months and I`m trying to do what the OP had written about 2nd chance. Boy that`s tough stuff. I do care and then sometimes I get angry and then I don`t care. What`s with that?
 tam879

messaging
Posted: 5/14/2008 8:12:58 PM
I`ve been messaging to several women and many no replies just read and that`s it. I would like to get some advice on what you say on the messaging. I always start with Hi there and tell them that I liked their profiles and say what I like about it. Then I would say hope to hear from you and have a great day or whatever. Any advice is appreciated.
 tam879
Msg: 26 (view)

Trying to Forget the Good & Remember the Bad
Posted: 5/14/2008 8:05:12 PM
I am in the same dilemma. I remember the good things and can`t get past it. But now I have to think of the bad things, which I choose because of me not her. She said I didn`t do anything bad or wrong, but I still remember what I did and what I didn`t do for her. Nothing was wrong between us, that is no arguing, yelling or anything bad.
So, now I am angry with her and I haven`t seen her for 6 months. Why? Were done, fini, over etc.
Your right about one thing that I keep forgetting, that is why she brokeup with me. I have to keep remembering that and it hurts and I get mad at myself. That also keeps me from wanting to go to her. It works for me. I haven`t had no contact since Jan.
Those urges are strong I want to know if she has a new b/f but I can`t because I start to get angry and then I tell myself were over, fini, done and I go back to what I was doing for awhile longer till that feeling comes over me again. What an idiot I am for thinking the way I do.
What you can do is remember that, person doesn`t want you anymore and you must`nt stalk them. How close in proximity are you to them? Are they with someone else? Are you happy for them if they have a new life? My ex lives on the other side of the city and therefore I`m not going anywhere near her althougth my sister lives 5minutes away from my ex. Not sure if anything I said helps but fight those urges they will subside.
 tam879
Msg: 37 (view)

Last time you were in a relationship
Posted: 5/14/2008 7:23:14 PM
I was in a relationship about 14 months up to last Nov16/07 and therefore been out of a relationship for 6 months. Hoping to get into another one after coming back from Ireland and Scotland.
 tam879
Msg: 13 (view)

can a relationship be successful when there is nothing in common between them?
Posted: 5/13/2008 7:50:27 PM
Not really. Eventually you`ll tire of the same old , same old. If he doesn`t want to do things with you then you`ll get tired of him and want someone else to do things with. Case in point, my g/f brokeup with me for several reasons but firstly she always suggested we do this or that and she had come up with ideas of what to do on a given weekend etc. Me on the other hand did very little or nothing but let her make suggestions or ideas of what to do. I know that I will have to do things ,and make suggestions with my next partner if I want a good relationship to last.

What you might do is try to encourage him to do things a little at a time. Don`t force him but persuade him gently at first and then see what he does or says. If your not happy then you have to make your choice about him in your relati0nship together. But, you will eventually tire of doing things without him.
 tam879
Msg: 11 (view)

A girl, a plane ticket, and a coward.
Posted: 5/13/2008 3:00:39 PM
How about a guy , a plane ticket and a I`m not sure but maybe a coward. My ex-g/f of 14 months got me a plane ticket (which I paid for)to London, Ont. to visit her family at Xmas. She got the ticket in Oct. and 4 weeks later brokeup with me. I was stuck with a 854 dollar ticket. That hurt I didn`t go and have been hurting since then. So, I`m taking a trip to Europe because it was changed to a cash credit with the airline.
Maybe you can use your ticket as a cash credit with your airline like I did? Otherwise take a trip if you can`t cash it in. As for your b/f yes his a coward for stringing you along. Sorry that you had to find out that way at least for me my ex-g/f did come to the house and tell me.
 tam879
Msg: 2 (view)

What`s my problem?
Posted: 5/12/2008 5:14:53 AM
would it not be polite to say that they met someone? Not leave you hanging.
 tam879

What`s my problem?
Posted: 5/12/2008 4:35:40 AM
I`ve talked to several women on POF and had IM`d with some for 3-4 weeks before talking on the phone. One woman just went off of POF without a word. Another I talked to just said she wasn`t sure about meeting people this way. Another women whom I had just IM`d for 2 days gave me her phone number, she lived 50 miles out of town. But her response to me before I even phoned her was our age difference. I`m 12 years older than her is that a big difference? She had put down ages between 45 and 62 or thereabouts. So, what is my problem in trying to get past the IMing and phone calls to meeting in person ?
 tam879

My profile needs more work
Posted: 5/7/2008 11:39:37 PM
I would like some pointers on my profile if possible. I would like to make it more postive and attractive. My pics were taken about 2 weeks ago. Lots of help in order to bait the right fishes. I`m 59 now and should I hide my age LOL. No, I couldn`t do that because first thing I am is honest.
 tam879
Msg: 5 (view)

Broken Hearted...need advice, please?
Posted: 5/4/2008 3:54:54 PM
I share your feelings , I to am hurting for my ex g/f but I can`t do anything about it so I have to move on. Her reason was I was uncommitting, her feelings weren`t the same as mine,
It`s been almost 6 months and I very much want to contact her but I can`t. Take a look at google on breakups and they all say the same thing, No contact in any form. Maybe God has a plan for you and me and the many thousands of others like us but where does it stop. How many relationships do we have to go through to find the right person. Man, this is tough trying to find a person of the OS.
But how did people do it back 30, 50 , 60 or more years ago? They met at parties, group meetings, church and many others places. So, you must carry on your journey to find the right person for you. It may take a long time.
You know I`ve met many woman and in my late 50s I finally found the person I thought was right for me and she was ,but only for 14 months. So, maybe I have to wait another 50 years LOL but hey I had a relationship longer than anything I had before. Keep moving forward and never look back because you can`t go there anymore. You are going to make it ,trust me
 tam879

Do you think you have learned from past relationships?
Posted: 5/4/2008 5:22:16 AM
I`ve only had one real relationship and it lasted for 14 months. You know I never knew what a relationship was till I had one. I have learned that you don`t have a relationship and walk around with blinders on and think that everything is fine, okay , great or whatever else you think makes you happy. You must constantly be observant of what is going on around you especially when it comes to your partner. In my relationship we got along great but I seemed to have lost something in myself I just don`t know why I didn`realize what I was doing or not doing for her (I WAS TO DAMN COMFORTABLE )that`s it.
I have learnt that you don`t lay on the couch and not notice your partner in the same room and you must converse with that person to insure that they are part of the partnership. I don`t know if she loved me or if I loved her , because I don`t know what love is. I only caught her once saying that phrase, "I love you" during our love making and I asked her " what"? She didn`t say it after that. I know that I must have said it myself but I can`t remember when.
I think I have to keep going over what went wrong in my relationship if only to see if I can prevent it from happening again. But I am what I am and I can`t change that. I don`t argue if there is a problem, if there was I wish that she had said so.
I want that life again and I can`t make promises that I won`t repeat my mistakes or whatever it was that killed my relationship. I don`t want to walk on eggshells in the next relationship if I can help it.
 tam879
Msg: 35 (view)

Friends, after a break up???
Posted: 5/3/2008 3:45:24 AM
Friends after a breakup? I thought that I wanted to be friends after my g/f brokeup with me and almost 6 months after that all I can only say is that, that would most definitely be impossible. Why? B/c of my feelings of anger towards her. I mean after screaming and yelling at myself for 4 or 5 months for being such an idiot in letting someone like my ex g/f slip away from me. She`s the one who brokeup with me and yet I will blame myself forever to this day. We had a good relationship no problems but I guess I just wasn`t very committing to her. I don`t know?
I remember saying to her can we still be friends and she said "I don`t think it would be realistic for us to be friends". I still was in a shock about the breakup and nothing had registered in my head about the breakup. I was so naive.
So, in short I don`t see me and my ex g/f being friends b/c of the emotions (she had mentioned that too)and I know that going by her place would most certainly not help me. I would hurt more now if I saw someone else`s car in her driveway. My sister lives close by and I find it difficult to go visiting my nephews now. To many memories and just in case we cross paths that would hurt me more. I live in the east of the city and she lives in the west. Lots of space between us now.
 tam879
Msg: 112 (view)

Why Is It Wrong To Hate Being Alone?
Posted: 5/2/2008 3:28:39 AM
Because it hurts inside and not having anyone to be with is like being isolated on an island. Yes, we can go out and meet people but if they don`t want to be with you or you with them then there`s nothing you can do. I come home from work and think about my ex g/f and what she`s doing. Many times I didn`t want to go to her place because I liked doing my own thing . Now, I feel the loss and wish I had her back so that I wouldn`t feel so lonely. I hate being alone. Yes it hurts, no one around on weekends, family and friends are busy etc, etc, . I`m waiting for my dog to be born this summer then I won`t be alone. Isn`t that a laugh.
 tam879

what does it mean baggage after breakup?
Posted: 4/20/2008 2:02:53 PM
I`ve been in a relationship for 14 months and it`s been 5 months since my g/f brokeup with me. I still feel a loss. So, does that mean I have baggage? What kind of baggage are we talking about? Yes I cared for her but I don`t think I really was in love with her and neither was she with me. I know this because I said to her, I quote "you never said you loved me" her reply was that she cared for me. So, would that cause baggage. But I still am not sure what baggage that I might be carrying.
 tam879
Msg: 16 (view)

is moving in before saying the big L a good idea?
Posted: 4/17/2008 7:26:43 PM
I had been with my g/f for 14 months and I heard her say the L word just once. We were in the loving mood and I asked her "what?" and she just went quiet on me. I can still remember that and it was maybe less than a year ago. I don`t think I said the L word but I may have said something like I care for you. Anyways she asked if I thought about moving in together I told her maybe in 6 months we could talk later. I don`t know if that was partly the cause of our breakup or my uncommitting to her proposal.
I like living in my home and I know that she wouldn`t move to my side of the city. But the I love you was never said to each other. After she brokeup with me in my house I said to her I quote "you never said you loved me" and she replied "but I cared for you ". Caring and loving are totally to different things and I now feel that should I have said the L word and moved in with her maybe I`d still be out the door. That is why I am somewhat scared of relationships and I do want someone in my life.
 tam879

What if
Posted: 4/16/2008 6:06:43 PM
What if you could go back in time to when you never met you ex. Would you be happen now? Are you glad you had the experience with your ex therefore you wouldn`t go back in time? I sometimes wish that I could go back in time, but I also have had an experience in my life that tells me that I can have a relationship and maybe love someone better. But mostly I know that I have to make changes for myself and hopefully my next relationship.
 tam879
Msg: 37 (view)

Moving in?
Posted: 4/16/2008 4:13:18 PM
Just over a year together my (now ex) g/f asked me if I thought about moving in together. I said no. We talked about it , she owns her own home as I do. I said that maybe 6 months down the road we could talk about it. Did I commit suicide by saying we should wait? Anyways I asked where would I put my stuff and she said in her basement which is also a rec room.
But, after I thought about it I would be living with her in her home, with her furniture, her things etc, etc,. I feel comfortable at home and I don`t think that I could give up everything just to move in . But now were done and I gave it more thought and man did I screw up big time. It would be nice to come home and see someone at the door.
But in a few months time after I get back from Ireland I`ll get my new dog. and I`ll have my pet meet me at the door just like the other pets I had in the past did. Don`t get me wrong I want a g/f but I have to see who wants me.
If the opportunity comes up again I won`t hesitate as long as we`re compatiable.
 tam879
Msg: 36 (view)

Moving in?
Posted: 4/16/2008 4:12:17 PM
Just over a year together my (now ex) g/f asked me if I thought about moving in together. I said no. We talked about it , she owns her own home as I do. I said that maybe 6 months down the road we could talk about it. Did I commit suicide by saying we should wait? Anyways I asked where would I put my stuff and she said in her basement which is also a rec room.
But, after I thought about it I would be living with her in her home, with her furniture, her things etc, etc,. I feel comfortable at home and I don`t think that I could give up everything just to move in . But now were done and I gave it more thought and man did I screw up big time. It would be nice to come home and see someone at the door.
But in a few months time after I get back from Ireland I`ll get my new dog. and I`ll have my pet meet me at the door just like the other pets I had in the past did. Don`t get me wrong I want a g/f but I have to see who wants me.
If the opportunity comes up again I won`t hesitate as long as we`re compatiable.

Show ALL Forums