Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: One side of a conversation was deleted
 johnny_116
Msg: 1 (view)

One side of a conversation was deleted
Posted: 1/5/2015 7:56:24 PM
It's not a big deal, I just want to understand what happened.

I was having a conversation with someone. Today, the entire conversation disappeared from my inbox (no others conversations were deleted). The messages were received within the last week so they weren't deleted by pof for being too old. I wasn't blocked because I can still see the other persons profile. If I click "send message" again from her profile as if I were going to continue the conversation, her side of the conversation appears, but my side is gone.

What would cause only my side of the conversation to disappear?
 johnny_116

Clear picture comes out blurry when uploaded to pof, why?
Posted: 5/17/2014 8:19:08 PM
I have a very clear photo taken with an SLR camera that I want to use as my profile picture. When I upload the photo it comes comes out a little blurry. I have had no problem with other photos that I have uploaded, but this is honestly the most clear picture out of all of them and it is bothering me that you cant see the detail when the picture is uploaded to this site. I tried resizing the image to make it smaller, but I have the same problem when uploading that picture too.

Is there any reason for this? Does pof compress the photos causing them to be less clear then the originals? The picture that I'm talking about is actually set as my main profile pic right now if you want to see what I'm talking about. It's not horrible, but the original image looks so much better.
 johnny_116

Tried improving profile, but getting worse results
Posted: 12/19/2013 8:35:16 AM
I basically revamped my whole profile recently, but I'm not exactly getting great results. I think my profile is pretty solid, but maybe others see it differently so I'd like to hear some feedback on both the summary and the pictures.

Thanks in advance!
 johnny_116
Msg: 21 (view)

Should I call a girl who deleted her profile?
Posted: 11/20/2013 6:15:07 AM
Thanks for all the responses everyone. Just wanted to give an update on the situation...

I called her and it went very well. We set up a time to meet. I didn't bring up anything about her deleting her profile. There's still a chance she might flake out but after talking to her, I'd be surprised if that happened.

I'm glad I called so I guess I would say that if you ever find yourself in a similar situation, make the call. I was able to tell within a minute or two that she was still interested.
 johnny_116
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 11/15/2013 6:25:43 AM
Thanks for your opinions everybody. I didn't realize you could check if someone closed their account by using the search tool. That's nice to know. I checked and this girl did close her account.

I think I'll call and make sure to block my number. Simple enough. Like others said, I should be able to tell pretty quickly if it's the girl I have been messaging.
 johnny_116
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 11/14/2013 1:43:46 PM
I guess it doesn't hurt to call. It's not the phone call I'm worried about. The fact that she deleted her profile right after giving me her number just makes me uneasy.

Maybe she's trying to hide something. What...I don't know. Maybe her pictures were old. Maybe I'm just over thinking this. It just seemed odd to me so I wanted to hear other people would do in this situation.
 johnny_116

Posted: 11/14/2013 12:14:37 PM
So here's the situation...after messaging back and forth for about a week, I asked this girl if she wanted to meet. She said yes so I asked for her number. I figured we'd have a quick phone conversation to make sure she's not crazy, then if that went well, we'd make plans to meet. She sent me her number yesterday, but I didn't see the message until this morning. I also noticed that she deleted her profile.

This seems really sketchy to me. Why would you delete your profile right after giving someone your number? Is it even worth it to call or should I just let this one go?
 johnny_116
Msg: 10 (view)

I get profile views, but no messages
Posted: 10/28/2013 11:09:27 AM
Okay, I made some tweaks. I took out the stalker thing and the sex panther line (I thought everyone loved Anchorman).

I think the only line I stole was the cologne joke from Anchorman. Maybe I just need to work on the way I deliver the jokes in my profile. I figured it was better to make someone laugh rather then just say I'm funny.

I also added a couple serious sentences (and another joke) about my job for some balance.

I feel like the profile may be getting a little too long now. What do you guys think? How do you like the changes?
 johnny_116
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 10/28/2013 9:52:15 AM
Thanks for the responses everyone. It's good to hear that my profile is not terrible. I agree that some minor tweaks are necessary as I knew some of my jokes may not be for everyone. But then again, if that kind of joke pushes someone away, that may not be a person that I want to meet anyway.

I'll have to find a good head shot. For now I'll switch my main photo to the umbrella as that seems to be a favorite so far.

Keep the reviews coming!
 johnny_116

Posted: 10/28/2013 8:39:13 AM
So here's the deal. When I send messages, the recipient usually will look at my profile, but not respond to the message. My thought is that they like the initial message, but lose interest after viewing my profile. I understand that not everyone is going to respond, but I've only had 1 response out of about 30-40 messages. I'm not copy and pasting, these are all unique messages usually with a quick joke relating to something in their profile (nothing offensive) then I ask question about something in their profile.

I would appreciate any feedback on my profile and any suggestions to improve it. Are my pictures okay? Which is the best? Which is the worst? How is my headline? How is the about me section?

I'll gladly return the favor and critique your profile if you wish. Thanks.

Show ALL Forums