Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Does Age Matter?
 svecica
Msg: 6 (view)

Does Age Matter?
Posted: 5/4/2009 10:15:37 PM
no, not only women over 40 like younger men. lol Although, 12 years younger would barely be legal for me, so i definitely don't go for as much of a gap. Age (older or younger) isn't much of a concern to me, but there are some definite benefits to younger men. Mainly, they can keep up with me. Whether it's how late we're out or what activities we choose (and, yes, in bed too)...men my age and older seem to lose steam right when I'm really getting into things. It's frustrating. The trick with younger guys is finding someone with similar enough interests and attitudes to want to get involved with each other. I find I fit better with older men in those respects.

There are, of course, exceptions to everything...but these sweeping generalizations, I've generally found to be true. ;)
 svecica
Msg: 2 (view)

The new temrinator movie coming out
Posted: 5/4/2009 9:12:11 PM
lol. that's great. I may have to get a copy of that for novelty's sake alone.

you had me so confused with your post. You totally got me with that one. ;) I really thought you were talking about Terminator Salvation, but wth do you mean space ships?!?!
 svecica
Msg: 364 (view)

The Kinky Test
Posted: 5/4/2009 8:31:57 PM
hmm....630, and I'm ok w that. Most of what I answered no to simply aren't my idea of fun. Animals and other women just aren't my cup of tea.
 svecica
Msg: 499 (view)

A New Yooper
Posted: 7/18/2008 9:37:04 PM
Hi there. I just moved up to the UP, near Houghton. I'm definitely single (been divorced around 5 years), and will be 30 in just a couple weeks. I'm looking for whatever fits right, you know? Maybe casual dating or even finding someone to get into a serious relationship with. I tend to take things as they come, but would certainly like to make some friends in the area.
 svecica
Msg: 29 (view)

Chgo area April 25 live band, dancing, singles!!!
Posted: 4/22/2008 1:36:53 PM
It's a link to his info on cdbaby. It was just the top listed bio when I googled him. ;) I appreciate the offer though. If I can make it and like his stuff, I just may take you up on it.
 svecica
Msg: 24 (view)

Chgo area April 25 live band, dancing, singles!!!
Posted: 4/20/2008 6:14:26 PM
http://cdbaby.com/cd/linsey

I found this info about the band when I googled them. ;)
 svecica
Msg: 201 (view)

April 19th Carters Place Lockport
Posted: 4/20/2008 9:49:07 AM
Thanks for hosting this. I had a great time, and look forward to the next event. =)
 svecica
Msg: 17 (view)

When
Posted: 3/25/2008 10:45:17 AM
She also may feel like she's not being heard so she needs to keep talking to get her point across. Perhaps if you try replying by rephrasing things she says, or relating them to your own experiences. That way, you're showing interest and bringing yourself into the conversation?
 svecica
Msg: 41 (view)

Circumcision....
Posted: 3/25/2008 10:38:18 AM
sheesh. half the chance of HIV? watch a little too much tv, maybe? There was one study, once, that was never even completed...that implied that there MIGHT be a decrease in certain African countries that practice "dry sex"...and it was debunked by every major scientific organization that analyzed it after the press got ahold of it. Turns out the decrease was due to the circed men not being able to have sex at all for so long until they healed properly, combined with only educating the circed men about condom use and just monitoring the intact men without any education. Other than that one unfinished study, there are several studies by groups throughout the world that say the opposite. That smegma "cheese" you're afraid of is antibacterial and anti-viral in nature and has been directly linked to a decrease in HIV rates. Why do you think the US (the only civilized country that still commonly practices circ) has higher HIV/AIDS rates than any other first world country? If circ helped prevent HIV, our rates would be LOWER, not higher. ;)

And from a sexual side, a totally inexperienced uncut man is about equal to your average cut man. Once you cut of a vital part of the penis, no amount of skill can ever really make up for it. It may be fun anyway, but it is SO much better with a whole man. Cut men just don't have the ability to create the same motions and sensations as uncut men with so much missing.
 svecica
Msg: 98 (view)

For those of you who enjoy rough sex:
Posted: 3/24/2008 4:53:41 PM
Yes, absolutely. While sex is great and ideally its dirty and often....it's NOT a major point of interest when I'm choosing a partner. I'm looking for so much more than sexual compatibility in a man, that if I have what I want it really doesn't matter. I've BTDT so I speak from experience.

Think for a moment if you met and married that special someone. Do to medical issues or an accident or who knows what...he's no longer able to perform sexually. You're no longer sexually compatible. So, what? You dump him and find someone better in the sack? What if he was unable to perform from the start? Would you rule him out or just find other ways to create that intimacy? Someone that's vanilla is very similar. They're not willing because they can't understand the mentality behind more adventurous sexual behaviors. Sometimes that can be overcome with time and a patient lover, and sometimes it's just an obstacle to work around. I've found that if the other important dynamics are right, you will find yourself in a satisfying place sexually too...even if you can't always try and do everything that strikes your fancy.
 svecica

What's the point?
Posted: 3/21/2008 5:24:52 PM
No, it's not how most women think. Women who are looking for a relationship aren't going to be overly concerned with your genitals on the second date. lol There are much more important points of compatibility occupying their minds. She was looking for something mostly (or all) physical, and so your physical qualities were the most important ones to her.
 svecica

Eating at the Dinner Table, is it rare?
Posted: 3/21/2008 8:54:15 AM
Dinner is usually too rushed to have a sit down meal. There are too many things going on in the evenings. Visitations with their dad, sports, scouts, my work schedule, etc. We do maybe 2 times a week, usually on the weekends. Otherwise, I make up plates and put them on the table, and everyone makes it there within about a 30 minute window but often one person is finishing when another sits down. Lunch is our table meal. It's also very often the larger, nicer meal of the day. Sandwiches for dinner are as common as pot roast or other "dinner" foods for lunch. Everyone has breakfast at different times usually, too. We homeschool though, and mid-day there are never any activities, the other homeschool kids from the neighborhood are either still doing school or have to return home for their own lunches. We make lunch together, sit down together and talk and have a nice leisurely meal every weekday. On the weekends we often do a nice breakfast and/or dinner each day too, but sometimes do lunch out or in the car if there's a lot going on.

So, the short version is that we rarely do a table dinner, but we do have a sit down table meal every day. We just do it when it suits us. ;)
 svecica
Msg: 7 (view)

April 19th Carters Place Lockport
Posted: 3/18/2008 11:52:11 AM
These sound like so much fun. I'm glad I'm finally going to be able to make one. =)
 svecica
Msg: 9 (view)

The whole children at home standard....
Posted: 2/28/2008 6:17:12 PM
They're just very selfish, short sighted women. Older children, like Suecat talks about, make sense. Personally, I want nothing to do with a part time dad. If a guy has kids, he only has a chance with me if he's VERY involved...preferably sole custodian, but at least shares parenting 50/50. I have kids, and I'd like to have more someday too...I'm not getting together with someone that's already proved he won't make a good father.

The problem I run into with single dads, though, is that our parenting styles tend to clash in major ways. It's easier to mold someone to the job than try to find common ground with someone that's already formed their opinions, but heck, it's worth a shot at least.
 svecica
Msg: 6 (view)

How important is sex to you?
Posted: 2/7/2008 1:59:50 PM
ITA with Ms. Lovable.

Sex is wonderful, and if there is any there should be lots.

BUT it's not a major consideration for a relationship. It's very important to me that a relationship be strong and stable BEFORE adding sex to the mix. Sex tends to unbalance things for some time, and it can lead to all kinds of troubles in the nonsexual areas of a relationship if they haven't been developed independently. (In short, it's important, but it's also important not to start too soon)

Do explain "freaky" though. Foreplay? Past sexual experiences, maybe? Making out?
 svecica

let's try this again..
Posted: 2/7/2008 1:42:22 PM
perhaps your issue is with your intro letters? I don't see any faults in your profile. You are good looking, several pictures including some of you in your interests, your profile gives a good feel for your personality. If you were closer to me, I'd be interested. lol
 svecica
Msg: 3 (view)

Any comments please?
Posted: 2/7/2008 1:32:13 PM
Ya. No idea. You seem like a nice enough guy. Maybe a little more meat to the profile? Talk a bit more about things that interest you? It's a little generic. What makes you *you*? A favorite place you hang out, a book you really enjoyed? Something to make you stand out a little?
 svecica
Msg: 71 (view)

what's wrong with saying thanks but no thanks
Posted: 2/7/2008 1:19:56 PM
I started out responding to everyone, and found that most want to argue when you turn them down. I have yet to have one write asking why I'm not interested, but plenty have tried to convince me I should be or worse - responded with vulgar insults. My standard "no thanks" is "Thanks for the interest. I don't think we'd be a good match, but good luck finding someone special. =)" It's not like I'm ripping them a new one for showing interest or something.

I DO still respond to most anyway though. If they email me with "you're hot. wanna chat?" or something similar, I just delete. They didn't even read my profile and they aren't likely to notice in the flood of read/deletes they're getting for their hotchat spam. If they're really graphic or something, I do block them. There's no even salvaging a decent conversation out of someone like that. If the guy took the time to write even a couple lines of earnest interest, he at least gets the form letter "no thanks." If he responds trying to argue with me, that's the end of it though. I don't respond. I either delete or block, depending how aggressive he is.

A point of note though, is that read/delete is not just a girl thing. I send the initial email to anyone I'm interested in...well thought out, asking about something not very personal that's mentioned in his profile (so he doesn't just not know what to say back. always give them a starter, you know?) and the only ones that ever respond are the ones that are interested. If they're not into me, they just read/delete too. Most people, whether male or female, just don't bother with anyone they're not into.

Show ALL Forums