Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Would you cheat on SO for alot of money?
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 38 (view)

Would you cheat on SO for alot of money?
Posted: 11/23/2009 10:59:14 AM
Is it cheating if she's telling/asking you?

To me cheating is if they sneak around on you. If she asked and it didn't seem to matter how I felt about it and was going to do it anyways, then that to me says there are other issues between her and I. If I was ok with it, I would make sure she was ok with it and she wasn't doing it because she thought I wanted her to do it for the money. If she wanted to do it and wasn't feeling forced, I was ok with it, I see no problem with it. (I was in a poly relationship, so a bit of a different perspective)
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 39 (view)

He's banged his open-relationship roomie....
Posted: 11/13/2009 2:55:16 PM

I think I just gotta accept the fact I'm gonna wind up a lonely old spinster :) Beats dealing with this sorta drama though.

Nope, you will find someone that does deserve you. They are out there, and will probably find you once you stop looking.

Take time to lick your wounds. When you're ready, just go and look for friends, not a "life partner". If you make a really good friend, then you'll be able to determine if there's possibly more to it then.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 14 (view)

Does it change
Posted: 11/9/2009 2:37:00 PM
It depends.

Are you wanting to have sex because you aren't feeling that strong about this person and are hoping having sex will make you grow closer, or, are you wanting to have sex because you have grown so close to this person and want to take it to the next level?

If you are hoping it makes you closer because you're not feeling it, that's the wrong reason.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 25 (view)

Parents Visting and Dating...
Posted: 11/9/2009 2:32:03 PM
I would even as a "P.S." to your profile to say that you are temporarily letting your parents live with you as they relocate to your city while they look for a place.

This way, it isn't a surprise to any dates that may come to your place, allows you to say why you're not just hanging out at your place and watching a movie and quite frankly, I think women like it when a guy can show his family is important to him.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 70 (view)

How do you trust anyone on dating sites?
Posted: 11/5/2009 8:07:11 AM

How do you trust anyone on dating sites?

How do you trust anyone you meet face to face? People can say anything to your face. Doesn't mean it's all true.

It takes time to get to know someone. Don't rush in to anything until you're comfortable and trust that they are indeed the real thing.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 40 (view)

Our 15 year long relationship ends and he meets someone on here and starts a family in 9 MONTHS!
Posted: 11/5/2009 7:39:34 AM
I'm thinking more along the line of what will come of their relationship.
how does someone go from procrastinating their whole life to rushing into things in their next. i can't see it working out in the long term and am just curious what others think in that regard. how about her snagging him to have a baby? she is 41.

Who cares what comes of their relationship. That's their business. It's hard, but it's time to move on. Let them have their lives. You're 32 now. It's time to live your own life. You made a bad investment in that relationship. It happens.

Learn to live on your own first (trust me this is important) You went from living with your parents to living with this guy. You need to learn some independence for yourself. Yes, being lonely sucks. Once you can do that, then you'll be ready to share your life with someone.

This is all from experience.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 1 (view)

From Emails From Crazy People
Posted: 11/5/2009 7:33:30 AM
http://emailsfromcrazypeople.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/listen.gif

This is from the website http://emailsfromcrazypeople.com/
Figured people here would get a laugh from it.

sluts are cool and they get around i’m sure but i’m looking for a woman from18 to 60 NO OLDER THAN 65 (I’m serious this time!!)
please drive a truck or jeep type car.
please have long or short hair.
I’ve told you before, “IF YOU’RE MY KIND OF WOMAN I’LL KNOW RIGHT AWAY”.
please don’t hahve the diabetes if you’re over 43(ish).
Now listhen to this! I like to see you naked between the 1st and 5ht dates. And i don’t want to meet your kids right away. thisis a spacial thing between me and you fornow because i’m into romance and sex type things real quick.
Wait i thought of something else – i will HAVE to see a PICTURE from you (and i need to know where you like to eat). i am not having a lot money right now LOL. times are tougher than leather right now and i’m down like four flat tires.
SO don’t lie about shit that isn’t true just to get me arrested. YES that’s happened before but i was just in jail for a couple weeks and YES i was gay for the stay but i haven’t done that since i got out SO NO MEN PLEASE this is only for the LADIES! 18 TO 60! ONLY!
SO i’m average and not skinny and not fat but i am mising 1 finger from a long time ago. it doesn’t matter though.
you can call me from a cell phone or pay phone I DON’T CARE.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 37 (view)

Robot lovers - yes or no?
Posted: 10/27/2009 11:08:15 AM
This is actually a heavy theme in the Anime/Manga Chobits. An excellent story that explores society where there are Robots like this and a young mans own discovery of "How can I love/be loved by an appliance"
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 31 (view)

will you stay with someone if they were diagnosed with a mental illness??
Posted: 10/18/2009 1:27:27 PM
Being someone that was in one and we did break up, then I would have to answer "no" to the original questions. She was diagnosed and Dissociative Personality Disorder. It didn't come out until about 4 years in to our relationship, before that it was her "past lives". Over the years we tried, but eventually one of her other personalities more and more dominant and she wasn't the woman I married (considering the other personality in question was "male" )

So, 15 years later, this stranger and I looked at each other, asked if this was working and we both agreed it wasn't. So we went our separate ways and are much happier now. We still need to deal with each other as we have a son together though, but we get along at least.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 26 (view)

He's banged his open-relationship roomie....
Posted: 10/14/2009 2:57:02 PM
I agree with the person that said she's probably being territorial. She has two guys supporting her. If someone were to come in and give the one guy the idea that he should only be paying a third (the couple should be paying 2/3 in my oppinion).

I wouldn't say someone who lives with room mates isn't worth getting involved in, but, I would look at why he's not living alone. If he's working a minimum wage job at his age (I'm assuming in his 30's) then it's probably not going to change. If he's just not wanting to live alone, I would make sure that you don't just become a new room mate (with benefits) So, I would give the relationship time before he moves in (if it even gets to that point).

The bigger complication is it seems this woman feels some possessiveness over this guy. If he was uncomfortable with the way she was treating you and more importantly him, then encourage him to say something. If he's unwilling to do it for himself, then he doesn't really want things to change.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 23 (view)

A bit of a quandry
Posted: 9/11/2009 11:39:20 AM
It's just a date. I'm assuming coffee, maybe dinner. These are where you talk and find out about each other. I'm sure it will come up. Just be honest and even offer it up at the beginning of the date. It's not like it's going to be "I'm only separated, sleep with me. Now do you want a mocha latte delux or something fancy? My treat."

Just have a conversation and make a new friend first. Don't just jump in to a relationship with the first person that goes out with you.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 13 (view)

Man Smells and Body Wash
Posted: 9/10/2009 7:54:36 PM
I've always been told my natural smell is "yummy". When I shower, I just shampoo my hair (Herbal Essence Drama Clean, or, "The green stuff"), then I sort of rub myself with whatever slide down my shoulders and lather it a bit in to my chest hair
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 52 (view)

peeking on dateing sites
Posted: 9/10/2009 2:24:59 PM

hmmm...i personally think if a man loves you and is with you...then he shouldnt be on a dating site period...i would definately talk to him about before you make any decisions you regret..try to understand why he is on it and tell him how it makes you feel....i would see it as him looking for other women just in case im not the one....in other words im not good enough...

I love my GF very much (met her on POF too). She knows I hang out here on the forums. I have invited her to see my activities on here. I like hanging out on the forums here. The stories here are better that most of the tv shows on the tube nowadays.

I have it posted on my profile I'm in a relationship. The very few messages I've gotten I've replied to declining any invitations or politely thanking them for their comments.

Like was said before, if there's nothing to hide, why hide it.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 105 (view)

How important is a THREESOME???
Posted: 9/10/2009 1:46:47 PM
I was in a poly relationship for many years.

Threesomes are over rated. Been there, done that, big whoop.

Maybe it's just me, but I like being able to focus my attention on my lover and having hers on just me.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 20 (view)

Is college really date central?
Posted: 9/10/2009 1:39:39 PM
I don't know. I was married when I went to college. My wife and I went together. If it was dating central, I really missed out on it. (I don't think my now ex would have appreciated it)
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 35 (view)

Is anyone on here serious??
Posted: 9/10/2009 1:02:34 PM

I think that most people that do online dating are here for an ego boost.

This is funny. If most of what I got from here was a boost to my ego, I'd hate to think how low it was in the first place. I had been looking to just meet people. I got responses ranging from "You're not my type" all the way to "Why would I talk to someone that looked like you?"

I didn't have many dates, but the ones I did I had fun on. Either coffee or a movie. I wouldn't say it was an ego boosting experience overall. I had pretty much given up when I did meet someone that knocked my socks off and I haven't looked back since. I still check it out here to see what's going on in the forums though. It's more fun that a soap opera.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 7 (view)

contacting the ex.
Posted: 9/9/2009 1:38:43 PM
I think that some people can just be friends with their ex's. Some people can't. I think it depends on why you got together in the first place, and why it ended.

I still get along with my ex. This is good because we have a son to deal with and it makes things easier to discuss when we aren't snipping at each other. We can still bring up things and laugh about them, but I wouldn't say we're buddies. It's more of a respect for 15 years of our lives that came to a mutually agreed upon end (long night of discussion that we both wanted something different from our lives and we were both not happy).

If what brought you together was just fun in the bedroom and hoped a friendship would grow from that, then you're probably not going to be friends. If you were friends first, then looked at each other and though, yeah, this person could be for me, then you'll probably still be on talking terms after (not always, it depends on how you communicated after you got together.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 5 (view)

Ed Stelmach- Time to Go.
Posted: 8/25/2009 3:17:13 PM

Meh, one's no better than the next. If I had a choice....I say bring Klein back - what a 'shoot from the hip' entertaining man THAT was.

I didn't like Klein as a person, but, he did do a good job as Premier. He didn't sneak in what he was doing, he was up front in saying "We're cutting back on X" and Alberta did well under him.

When Stelmach's raise was more than my total income for the year, I was annoyed.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 11 (view)

Ex Was still messaging women
Posted: 8/25/2009 3:00:15 PM
I've been in a relationship for a little over a year. I don't contact anyone (except one person I knew from a past job, but that was more of a "hi, long time no see"), but I still enjoy reading the forums. I will reply to people that contact me (declining offers or just politely saying hello back).

If he's still contacting and seeking others, then he's got other issues. If he's being honest, he shouldn't have a problem letting you see what he's sending out.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 134 (view)

How long should sex last?
Posted: 8/25/2009 2:03:40 PM
It depends, are you looking for just a quickie in the morning before rushing to the shower and off to work, or are you looking to pace yourself for an enjoyable evening?

Also, it depends on what you are timing. Is it from the moment you insert it to when you cum or the whole experience of working each other up and all the goes on between it and the grand finally?
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 28 (view)

introvert
Posted: 8/25/2009 1:46:41 PM
If he has to make you talk, then he isn't a very good conversationalist. I like good conversation, either I'm not talking about anything you're finding interesting, or, you've already decided that you don't really want to talk to me. Either way, it's a good indication that there isn't going to be any sort of relationship there.

However, if the conversation flows smoothly and you're able to open up to them, then there might be more there and worth looking at another date.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 303 (view)

When is flirting cheating?
Posted: 7/22/2009 9:57:03 AM
I think it comes down to intent. People like to get compliments. If your just flirting to give someone a compliment and make them feel good, I see no harm in it. If you are doing to kind of feel out how the other person responds in the hopes of more happening, then that's wrong.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 6 (view)

Fishing near Edmonton
Posted: 7/22/2009 9:49:39 AM
Mostly Perch, Walleye and Pike. Would love to catch something to keep, but most of what I've been pulling has been to small.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 7 (view)

THANK YOU POF
Posted: 7/15/2009 12:43:50 PM
I too can thank POF. Met my GF that we just had our 1 year anniversary with. Woot. Go POF
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 48 (view)

What are the odds...really?? REALLY????
Posted: 7/15/2009 12:19:06 PM
I can say it does work in some cases. I was on here for about 6 months. Had a few dates (I know I'm not the hot young stud muffin most women go for, but I have other merits that more than compensate for it).

Anyhow, about a year ago, I sent a message to this cute red head (me weakness) and we have not been dating for a year and share a place and are quite happy.

It does work. I know it's frustrating, but just give up looking and just go out to meet people.
 Captain Incognito

Weird and Wacky Facts
Posted: 6/23/2009 6:54:41 AM
Here's some facts on a scary chemical
http://www.dhmo.org/
<div class="quote">Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the highly reactive hydroxyl radical, a species shown to mutate DNA, denature proteins, disrupt cell membranes, and chemically alter critical neurotransmitters. The atomic components of DHMO are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 19 (view)

If you won the lottery...would you share with your ex (exes)????
Posted: 6/18/2009 10:07:09 AM
I would buy a house for my son (which my ex has custody of), let her manage/live in it with the stipulation that if they needed/wanted to move, I would have the final say on what happened to the house (until my son was 18). And no, I wouldn't be dickish about it and use it as a means to try and control where they live. I just wouldn't want her to try and sell it off and squander the cash.

I still get along with my ex, and I would make sure my son was well provided for, but I wouldn't just hand my ex a lump of cash and say "Thanks for the memories, have fun"
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 1 (view)

Fishing near Edmonton
Posted: 6/10/2009 12:45:36 PM
Anyone know of any good places to go fishing?

I have gone to Coal Lake and trolling for Jacks has been good, but they have been too small to keep.

Anywhere else that's good?

Now, I need to increase the text amount in here. It's saying nothing less than 200 characters. Crazy stuff.

Also, anyone know of where to get an aluminum boat, <10hp motor and tent trailer cheap?
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 88 (view)

Why is it so hard to find that right one or am i just to picky????????
Posted: 5/27/2009 8:32:50 AM

1) Keep postin' here in the forums/ let ppls know what yr like

This was one of the things my GF said she liked about me after we were together for a bit. It let her see that I wasn't just being someone else to try and "play" her.

2) Get out to the Meet & Greets (Lotsa smaller ones on the weekends)

I did the walk one for a bit. It was good. It got me out there and meeting other people. Otherwise I think I would have been very shut in.

3) Don' actively "look"....let it happen

I had found my gf after I had given up looking to date. I was just looking for people to hang out with and just go for coffee.

That works fer here, anyway..........Haven't got a clue in RL

And it does work (at least it did for me.)
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 17 (view)

Resurrecting the Weekly Walks???
Posted: 5/27/2009 7:41:59 AM
Could also do a BYOBBQ (Bring your own BBQ). Just meet up at a park with firepits, bring your own meat to cook, then have salads and drinks and stuff, kind of like a potluck.
 Captain Incognito

Guys with kids
Posted: 5/21/2009 1:11:28 PM
My GF was like that too. Very wary about getting in to a relationship with a guy with a kid. Friends warned her against it. She herself doesn't want kids of her own but has nothing against them.

My son is 11 and lives with his mother. Her and I get along and don't fight and there's no lingering animosity. We talk and deal with things regarding our son and don't use him to get at each other.

Fortunately, my (then perspective) GF didn't just stop talking to me. I made it clear to both of them (My son and new GF) that I'm not looking for a "new mom" for him. As things got more serious, all I asked of both of them is that they respect each other as they are both a part of my life.

I understand why some women would be hesitant to get involved with someone that has kids. I don't understand why she just cut it short without finding out how things were set up.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 30 (view)

bbq recipes
Posted: 5/21/2009 11:52:38 AM
Red wine, some steak spice, fresh garlic. Throw in a ziplock. Marinade overnight, cook to desired steak doneness. Throw some foil wrapped potatoes on the grill with a bit of pepper and butter with some foil wrapped corn and butter, Pop a beer and enjoy.
 Captain Incognito

If you could change one thing
Posted: 5/21/2009 11:47:08 AM
I would have to say to lose weight. I know this is something I can change about myself. I just have to commit to it. I have done it before, I know I can do it, I've just been bad with my diet and getting out.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 12 (view)

Resurrecting the Weekly Walks???
Posted: 5/21/2009 11:38:57 AM
It was a good time the few I went.
Not sure if I could make it now though (Have a GF that I met here on POF)
Though, the walk would be good for us. I'll run it past her.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 185 (view)

smell plays a big part......!!!
Posted: 5/21/2009 11:11:11 AM
I think it's very important. I know my girlfriend loves my smell, and when she's cuddled up to me sniffing my chest, it's kind of a turn on. I myself am not a fan of perfumes and heavily scented deodorant. It's a turn off for me.
 Captain Incognito

The Goji juice debate
Posted: 3/23/2009 12:09:19 PM
I've been drinking MonaVie for a few months now. My GF (met here on POF) was a distributor and suggested it to me when she saw me getting up in pain from my arthritis. It's a blend of 19 fruits, with the Acia being the highest content for it's antioxidants.
According to their site

Açai is rich in the following beneficial nutrients:
* Antioxidants
* Phytonutrients
* Amino acids
* Vitamins
* Trace minerals

and

Delivers the antioxidant capacity of approximately 13 servings of fruits and vegetables in just four ounces.

So yes, can be on the pricey side, but for someone that doesn't eat as many fruits and veggies as I should, it's a quick easy solution. Also, the wolfberry in it has other nice effects

I was skeptical at first, but it's helped.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 13 (view)

Was like something from the movies
Posted: 7/31/2008 1:51:30 PM
"Hmmm, we can't catch the guys doing the real crimes. Lets go and catch the unsuspecting guys. Maybe if he gets too rowdy, we can taser him. I love the way they lay there and twitch after. I hope this one doesn't die on me though. I hate that."
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 27 (view)

Geeky and proud
Posted: 7/24/2008 10:27:56 PM
Join us. Come to the Dork side. We have Bits and Bytes...
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 8 (view)

Geeky and proud
Posted: 7/23/2008 2:14:17 PM

Im a gamer geek and a comic book geek, and of course an action figure geek.

Awww, you're half my age. Too bad.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 115 (view)

How do you deal with stress?
Posted: 7/23/2008 10:52:26 AM

I wonder how others deal with intensely stressful periods in their lives? Do you sleep more or less? Eat more or less? Drink tons.. don't drink.

Just curious, I'm in a very stressful kind of situation with work.. (big event coming up) and I'm curious to see if any one has anything to add that I haven't already thought about or tried.

Hey Fruitie.. I might need some "relief".. LOL

I am finding that I'm sleeping less and not caring about what I eat. (Which is also stressing me out)

I'm also going through a stress period, not from any one thing, but a list of multiple things and none of which I can really avoid right now. Any one of them on their own, I could handle but to have them all hit at once is what's doing it for me.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 4 (view)

Geeky and proud
Posted: 7/23/2008 10:46:31 AM
I'm a comic and game geek, and my general trivia knowledge is pretty useless.

As for Whedon, I hope you guys managed to catch Dr. Horrible before it became an Ipod only thing (but will be hitting DVD)
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 45 (view)

Besides bestiality (dont wanna know) what kinds of strange quirky things do you do with your pets?
Posted: 7/19/2008 11:20:18 PM
When I was with my ex, we had a cat that did not want to be petted, she wanted to be spanked. She also had a jean fetish.

How do I know this?

She used to climb up on my lap only when wearing jeans. I would try and pet her and she would just bite me. Once I swatted her but for it, and she crouched right down and raised her but and started purring, digging her claws in. After a good spank, then she would let you pet her.

Weird cat
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 9 (view)

Online Conduct
Posted: 7/19/2008 11:06:28 PM
I googled my name here and found it's the old name of a band now going by "New Face" If you googled my real name, you would find a huge list of movies and even an IMDB entry. It's not me though.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 3 (view)

I like it. It less glitchy than MSN. I find it less of a resource hog and it was easier to get working with my headset than MSN was.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 118 (view)

why do big girls think they are average
Posted: 7/16/2008 7:38:32 AM

How does my marital status have anything to do with this subject of people lying about being fat?

I don't think it's so much about lying about being fat, but more about not being honest about their information in their profiles. The person being larger was an example of the OP experience of this. Though you may not be lying by putting "prefer not to say", it isn't exactly being up front and honest about it either. Either you're in a relationship, or you're not. It may be an open relationship, which would allow you to see other people with your partners blessings. If that's the case, then put it in your information.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 117 (view)

Posted: 7/16/2008 7:19:18 AM

Theres nothing wrong with big women, not at all, "I like big butts and i cannot lie" alot of guys will nod approvingly! So thats never been the real issue here!

Don't forget "Big bottoms. Big bottoms. Talkin' 'bout mudflaps my girls got'em". These girls make my "Rockin' world go round"
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 93 (view)

Posted: 7/15/2008 8:18:49 AM

some people who select few extra/bbw ect those ppl understand who and what they are and have come to terms with it, but im sure its through pressure of other ppls opinions they dont just simply put avg up there like those he had met.
Oh... I HAVE to jump on this ...

Come to "terms with it"?? If what you say is correct (it's through pressure of other people's opinions they don't put average up), then that, to me, SCREAMS self esteem issues.

I'm sorry sir. You have "terminal fat". I hope you can come to terms with your condition...
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 92 (view)

Posted: 7/15/2008 8:13:26 AM

I like women with curves.
I like big women too.

but i don't like them OUT OF SHAPE!

This isn't a weight issue!
It's about if you stay healthy or not!

I'm kind of in this boat too. I don't mind a bit of softness (More there to hug). If I can't get close enough to hug them properly, then they are "too large" in an unhealthy way. On the other hand, I also find women that are too thin unattractive too. If I'm hugging them and my arms come back around and I start hugging myself, then that's too thin. (Funny how my definitions all have to do with hugging )

Thing is, I would rather get to know the person. The "physical" aspect of it is if I were looking for a sexual partner. It doesn't mean they don't deserve to be treated with respect as a person whether I find them attractive or not. It's bad enough I have my own "strikes" against me. I'm on the heavy side and I'm hirsute.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 4 (view)

Edmonton International Street Performers Festival Friday Night
Posted: 7/11/2008 6:53:09 AM
I was planning to be there anyways. If I'm there around that time, I'll swing by.
 Captain Incognito
Msg: 20 (view)

Plates
Posted: 7/11/2008 6:43:02 AM
"Because those are words that ring in the American national anthem, on American licence plates, in the American Declaration of Independence."

This is what I thought when I first read the slogan. Is it maybe not a jab at the Wild Rose alliance and more a way of trying to appeal to the Americans so they will buy our "dirty oil"?

I know. Lets make them yellow, with black letters, and just the "Alberta" logo on them...

Show ALL Forums