Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: When is it ok to say I love you?
 Moraima
Msg: 115 (view)

When is it ok to say I love you?
Posted: 6/17/2018 7:29:38 AM
(I told my wife I loved her after 4 dates and I really was.)

9 times out of 10 it does not work that way.

I too knew I loved someone quickly whom I would still be married to if he had not died.
I did not rush to say I love you but waited till I knew he was what I thought he was.

However, when someone quickly tells me he loves me, I think desperate to be in love with being in love.

The people who fall in love with just about everyone they date scare me badly.
 Moraima
Msg: 83 (view)

Ex won't leave me alone... restraining order?
Posted: 6/16/2018 2:38:07 PM
OMG! I am having flashbacks of Natalie.

Obviously Natalie 2.0 just want to wallow in the drama.

Have at all the drama you want OP!
 Moraima
Msg: 56 (view)

Posted: 6/9/2018 8:33:40 AM
(I'm not the one starting the drama though. )

Can you not see that you are enjoying and playing into the drama just as much as he is?

If you were not, you would not be obsessing about the situation.

Find an activity to focus your mind on.
 Moraima
Msg: 52 (view)

Posted: 6/8/2018 4:39:52 PM
( it was just nonsensical and comedic. It's sad.)

No! It is total unnecessary drama.

Try living in a drama free zone.

ie. Grow up!
 Moraima
Msg: 21 (view)

Disabled Parking Space.
Posted: 6/8/2018 2:49:11 PM
As per Min. of Transportation Ontario

This permit, issued to an individual, entitles the vehicle in which it is displayed to be parked in a designated disabled parking space * the permit must be displayed on the dashboard or sun visor and can be moved from vehicle to vehicle .

The permit is only issues to one person and is not registered to a vehicle.

It would be nice to see more people who have not been issued a permit but use spot anyway get fined.
A public shaming would like printing their names in newspapers or on social media would be just reward.
 Moraima
Msg: 8 (view)

Has #Metoo invaded online dating?
Posted: 6/8/2018 2:36:46 PM
(I bet you get hit up all the time with offers for sex.)

That is the first thing you say in a message and you do not understand why women would not like that.
Wow just wow.
 Moraima
Msg: 14 (view)

Disabled Parking Space.
Posted: 6/7/2018 6:44:09 PM
Yes, kind of like overweight parents and their overweight children getting choice parking sports just because they have kids.
Total nonsense.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
 Moraima
Msg: 8 (view)

Disabled Parking Space.
Posted: 6/6/2018 8:31:34 PM
Thanks for your compliment Vannili.

(In Indiana, temporary permits have an expiration date on them, permanent ones do not.)

Maybe time for places that do not put expiries on permits to change their system.

I would hope the fine for using a person who has died permit is large.

Do the permits have the persons name who it was issued to clearly showing?
If the permit was in a mans name and a woman was driving, it should be a dead give away.
Pun intended.
 Moraima
Msg: 6 (view)

Disabled Parking Space.
Posted: 6/6/2018 7:23:20 PM
(So my 16 years widowed friend she renew the "permit" that was hang on the mirror,every year ? How can she do it ? )

Good question!

Renew an accessible parking permit
You will need to renew permanent and subject-to-change accessible parking permits every 5 years.

You will receive a renewal notice 3 months before your permit expires.

Permanent
If your disability is permanent, you do not need to be re-certified by your healthcare practitioner.

As per ontario.ca
 Moraima
Msg: 2 (view)

Disabled Parking Space.
Posted: 6/6/2018 3:48:04 PM
From
ontario.ca/page/get-accessible-parking-permit

Get an accessible parking permit
How to get an accessible parking permit. Accessible parking permits are issued to a person or business and not a vehicle. Permit holders must have been in the vehicle and the permit displayed on the dashboard in order to park in an accessible parking space.

Only people with certain health conditions can apply for an accessible parking permit. Read the eligibility requirements below before you apply.

To apply for an accessible parking permit, there are 2 parts to the application form:

Part A – to be completed by the applicant
Part B – to be completed by your health care practitioner

Permits have name to person they were issued to and an expiry or and renewal date.

Each province or state would have slightly different rules but basically the same.

Vannali your friends need a slap. Good for you for expressing that this is not acceptable behaviour and illegal.

PS The trend to specially marked parking spaces at malls for people with children in not legal and can not be enforced.
 Moraima
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 6/3/2018 2:09:06 PM
You are courting drama.

If you want the drama to stop, stop fueling the fire.

So he is talking to the friends......not your problem! ld
Why you would care leads only to you are enjoying this.

Stalks you at work.................dial 911.
Wait.........you are enjoying the drama.

Seriously........................Enjoying the drama or end it.

My guess is the drama is addictive to you.
 Moraima
Msg: 91 (view)

50/50?
Posted: 6/2/2018 8:20:17 AM
If you want a 50 50 relationship, pick a partner who is your equal. That has always worked for me.

I am an alpha who being an alpha would only get into a relationship with another alpha. Maybe being alpha means it would never have occurred to us that being anything other than 50 50 was possible for us.

If people worry about giving more than they are getting, why are they in the relationship in the first place?

We teach people how to treat us.
 Moraima
Msg: 23 (view)

b/c he could
Posted: 5/23/2018 1:42:34 PM
(Are you not familiar with the term "sociopath"?)

IMO, this is the mostly likely answer.

Over the decades, I have watched both male and female sociopaths wreck havoc again and again on a long list of partners.

I just think to myself that it must be a painful place inside their brains. I can not imagine how much it must hurt not a be able to feel emotion.
 Moraima
Msg: 6 (view)

Any old excuse to not meet.
Posted: 5/18/2018 8:31:37 PM
("Your not my type".
And what type am I if you never got to meet and know me ?
I was married for 23 years and never really knew my wife, she was a real dark horse."

WTF?

23 years....................Holy Hell.

OMG. Nonsense, nonsense................................
 Moraima
Msg: 422 (view)

Calling Kids baggage
Posted: 5/14/2018 4:20:31 PM
(Especially those who haven't the common sense to make their children their first priority. )

Balance is what is called for not trying to deal with the guilt caused by divorcing to be a martyr.

(If they are the natural parents I might agree but statistics prove single mothers up the chance of their children being molested by a huge percent when they bring another male into the home. Also, sometimes when parents divorce kids do better in a home with one parent, especially is there is substance abuse or other issues.)

Where does this many males molest and so many people have substance abuse issues come from? Certainly this is not the world most of us have lived in. If that is what you have around you, time to move your children away and introduce them to a better class of people.
 Moraima
Msg: 404 (view)

Calling Kids baggage
Posted: 5/14/2018 7:11:00 AM
(Something, children who come from a divorced home especially, need to know. They have already lost one parent, they don't need the other checking out.)

I once heard someone say that the best thing you can do for children is to love you spouse.
How would you be checking out from your child if you loved yourself as much as you love them?

(Being a good parent makes you a Martyr? Okey, dokey. Put down the crack pipe sista.)

Okay, you obviously need it explained to you. Children do better in a two parent home. A parent putting kids first often means an unhappy parent raising unhappy kids. Finding a balance for both the kids and adults is necessary for all involved.

Do not project your world of sistas with crack pipes on others. It makes you look bad.

More people need to think before having children. Being childless can be a good, satisfying lifestyle.
 Moraima
Msg: 398 (view)

Calling Kids baggage
Posted: 5/13/2018 5:52:57 PM
(our children come FIRST before any man, ALWAYS. Also they come first before YOURSELF and your sex drive.)

What does that teach children to grow into?

Matyrs do not make good parents.

In a real , solid relationship, the mate should have equal position to the children.
 Moraima
Msg: 52 (view)

Chihuahuas rule
Posted: 5/13/2018 5:09:43 PM
Love your new profile pict. Purple.

I cannot ever remember being irritated with an animal.

(Loneliness is the new smoking.)

Seriously!!!???

If you are a lonely person, go help others or go into therapy.

There is no logic reason to ever be lonely unless a love one has died.
 Moraima
Msg: 19 (view)

They say they don't smoke but...
Posted: 5/8/2018 5:11:02 PM
(I can spot them pretty easily.)

Or so you think.

(Smokers typically have wrinkles around their mouth and upper lip. )

Have you ever heard of or learned about bone loss, especially in the jaw, especially in small women?
 Moraima
Msg: 17 (view)

Are you ready to sleep with these two?
Posted: 5/8/2018 2:37:15 PM
My dog does not fart in bed.

How many men can make that claim?

From posts on this website, I would guess there are several men who can not make that claim.

(I have never been in a relationship with a man who farted around me. I guess no farting in front of gf is a dying art.)
 Moraima
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 5/8/2018 2:32:17 PM
(She could have been a former sun worshiper, and her skin damage had occurred over the course of many years.)

Former????? This old wrinkled woman intends to worship the sun until the day she dies.
Need suns warmth to enjoy life. If I am not enjoying life, I might as well be dead.
Do not like my wrinkles................such is life.
 Moraima
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 5/7/2018 5:00:38 PM
For the first time in a long time (read years), someone interesting looked at my profile. He smokes. My profile say will not date a smoker. Such is life.
 Moraima
Msg: 9 (view)

barking up the wrong tree
Posted: 5/7/2018 4:58:03 PM
Thanks Chicky.

My dog sleeps with me. When my bff s dog has a sleep over, I can not kick him off the bed (darn).

I remember a first date where he brought his dirty shih tzu. The little (dirty) monster demanded to sit on my knee............ew. No second date.

My dog gets bathed monthly or more if needed. Does yours?
 Moraima
Msg: 7 (view)

barking up the wrong tree
Posted: 5/7/2018 12:27:02 PM
Yet another good reasons for each to have their own bedroom, or better still their own house.
 Moraima

Women Don't Know What They Want
Posted: 5/7/2018 12:23:07 PM
You picked your date. Might want to chat with person before meeting to try to avoid the folks with baggage.

Trust me >>>>> there are as many baggage carrying men as there are women.

Any talk of an ex and I am done with them.
 Moraima
Msg: 54 (view)

I hear spring is beautiful in the UK
Posted: 5/7/2018 5:59:06 AM
"Lots of stickers with cute animals and hearts.

People sure can be different. I am allergic to men who would send stickers or give children s toys to adults. People in love with being in love scare me badly.
 Moraima
Msg: 5 (view)

When is it ok to say I love you?
Posted: 5/4/2018 1:59:49 PM
If a man told me he loved me after only 4 dates. I would think either he does not know what love is, or he is desperate to find love and is willing to fake it hoping it will become love. I doubt I could ever take him seriously afterwards. I would want to wait for the dust to settle before even questioning myself as to if I was in love.
 Moraima

Do Girls like shy Guys?
Posted: 5/1/2018 5:01:31 PM
There's also a better chance that he'll be faithful.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! Wow, just wow!

"Girls think it's cute and they feel happy when shy guys like them."

Personally, I find them high maintenance, which I do not want or need in my life.
 Moraima
Msg: 370 (view)

Calling Kids baggage
Posted: 5/1/2018 4:34:38 PM
I consider anyone whether adult or child, who works their butt off to cause drama to be potential baggage.

Therefore, they do not get to share my life.

Child free zone is my happy place. No point in telling potential dates anything different.
 Moraima

THE great equilizer for us old farts?
Posted: 4/24/2018 4:00:54 PM
110% sure I do not want to and will not live with another person.

N0t lover and not same sex friend.

This is a fact that I bring you immediately.

That means that the most men are not interested in pursuing even a friendship with me.

Oh well.....................result I was looking for in first place.

If they need to have a live in relationship, it will not be with me.
 moraima
Msg: 435 (view)

Why do older Men think like they are teenagers. Wanting to know about Sex first?
Posted: 10/30/2017 5:27:49 PM
"You're crazier than a shithouse rat."

You wish.

Keep proving my point with your insults.

"especially when I saw how many people agreed with you."

Most people know what happens when they disagree with you. They just can't be bothered.

I can handle your insults especially because you are just proving my point.
Keep up the good work.

"especially when I saw how many people agreed with you."

So you would have been crushed if people spoke out and posted that they agreed. Sure you would.

Don't worry. This snowbird will be flocking off soon.
 moraima
Msg: 432 (view)

Why do older Men think like they are teenagers. Wanting to know about Sex first?
Posted: 10/30/2017 3:37:15 PM
"Holy f*ck, do you smoke pot, too??"

Sorry Boo. I have never done drugs in my life. I don't hide from reality.

"I corrected her on something she was incorrect about."

I agree, she was incorrect!

However, you are incorrect too often, but think it is okay for you to pull the same thing being incorrect, but can't deal with it when someone points out you are incorrect.

Never got over me saying you look like Boy George eh!. Never made a post to me till then. Someone saying you look like Boy George isn't the end of the world drama person.
 moraima
Msg: 430 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2017 3:13:41 PM
"Unfortunately, your consistently off the mark responses make it all too easy to cite either drunkenness or craziness as the culprit. "

Only to those who's ego cloud their judgement.

People don't kiss your butt, and then call bs on your crap, and you get your knickers get in a twist. Then you throw a tantrum, and say the same type of thing that you freak out at when it comes in your direction.

If you can't take being challenged. Don't challenge.
 moraima
Msg: 428 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2017 2:54:02 PM
" Formulating thoughts and ideas on things I never said or implied is a whole different matter."

Then stop doing that to others.

I don't go around calling people crazy or drunk to try to diminish them. You shouldn't either. I expect people to be better than that.

" I have no interest in doing my own maintenance, and this would be true whether I'm married or not. My husband has no interest in it, either. We pay people to do these things because we neither enjoy them nor are we good at them. It's a waste of our time and money to try to do them because our hourly rate is much higher than that of the person who fixes whatever needs to be done"

I hear you. Felt the same when I was working. Now that I am retired, I enjoy doing renovations etc. Partly because I can do many of those things and enjoy it, and partly because I enjoy the surprised look on faces when I can do it easily.
 moraima
Msg: 425 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2017 1:51:09 PM
"What the f*ck?"

Some can easily spew crap about others, but don't like it when it comes back at them.

" a pair of shoes for her birthday."

Doubt they would be up to standards.
 moraima
Msg: 418 (view)

Posted: 10/29/2017 8:45:49 PM
"Yes, they should....that way, they can go f*ck themselves. "

Of course, they can. (If they want to.)
 moraima
Msg: 412 (view)

Posted: 10/27/2017 2:54:30 PM
Women need to be their own husbands, if they don't have or want to have a husband, so that they can do whatever maintenance they need to do on their homes. Home renovations are so much more fun than say knitting.
 moraima
Msg: 366 (view)

Posted: 10/16/2017 4:32:53 PM
"Moraima, you are seriously confused. I was very obviously talking about VolcanoKing and HawkingJr. I think everyone here understood this, with you as the lone exception. Pig has pointed this out, and you refuse to go back and re-read?"

Henry, I got it in the first place when you posted it. I never said I didn't.

I disagreed with you when you said I complained about not getting dates.

"I wouldn’t go there. I would not compare volcanoking to moraima, nor would I compare HawkingJr to Baron1644."

"the logical answer would never occur to them, they would just sit around and kvetch about how they couldn’t get a date."

I read it that you were talking about me and Baron in your last line. I apologize.

moraima
Msg: 360 (view)

Posted: 10/16/2017 1:37:44 PM
You can dish it out Pig, but not take eh?
 moraima
Msg: 358 (view)

Posted: 10/16/2017 12:51:15 PM
"they're known for being understanding and kinder"

I have been accused of a lot of things, but being understanding and kinder was never something I was accused.

OMG Pig. Surely you can see the resemblance in Boy George's younger photos.

"Volcanoking was an attractive woman (in my eyes). Both physically, and mentally/emotionally. Intelligent, witty, and often gave good advice. The only way she ever went off the deep end was on the subject of her inability to get a date."

Pigs confused too."You are confused Henry. It was Volcanoking who posted about not being able to get dates, not me."

moraima
Msg: 354 (view)

Posted: 10/16/2017 11:08:47 AM
"We are witnessing unbridled love unfold before our very eyes"

That is a low blow Pig. Get over me saying that you remind me of a young Boy George.

"they would just sit around and kvetch about how they couldn’t get a date."

You are confused Henry. It was Volcanoking who posted about not being able to get dates, not me.
Guess you didn't like what I said about viagra, so that confused you.

I miss Volcanoking's posts.
 moraima
Msg: 331 (view)

Posted: 10/14/2017 10:08:00 PM
Baron. Congratulations! You are the craziest man I have ever seen posting on POF.

"Of course I see many women enjoying sex, a few to the extend where many men who have sex with these women will mention that they are nymphos."

Baron, you have lost the plot.

Normally I would say enjoy, but I know you don't/won't.

Hope you survive the divorce, learn and move forward. (But you won't.)

God bless Mrs. Baron. Ms. Baron, You might want to copy this to divorce court. Hand down your would get the lot.

Sorry, but this is becoming too amusing.
 moraima
Msg: 328 (view)

Posted: 10/14/2017 9:33:21 PM
"I don’t like to learn from experience; I’d rather learn from books.
So when I was getting ready to propose to the girl who would become my wife.
I read everything I could about how to have a good marriage.
One phrase emerged as a consistent theme,
a thread of folk wisdom running across a spectrum of dating and marriage advice:
“Women give sex to get love. Men give love to get sex.”
It seemed reasonable enough.
And it fit neatly with the gender stereotypes,
I’d heard all my life: Men think about sex every seven seconds. Women aren’t visual.
Men are like microwaves; women are like crockpots.
But, as a newly married man, I soon discovered that these ideas were both inaccurate and damaging in our relationship. "

J E S U S !

You have my sympathy.
(I hope you are posting tongue in cheek.)

Me thinks one of the scariest myths is " Women aren’t visual. "

My father was a weightlifter. Many men in my life have been weightlifters/athletic people. If you think that I don't appreciate a well defined muscular male (sans body hair), you are missing one of the biggest turn ons in my life.

"Men are like microwaves; women are like crockpots."

Polese = please = you sound like a robot. People are not machines. Non f*cked up people are passionate. Hello, both men and women are passionate.

Seriously Baron, if what you post is the truth, you have missed out on so much. 73 ? I hope you can enjoy soon what most people enjoy naturally.

ps Burn those f*ng books and forget those website links. Go naturally passionate while you still can.

Someone save this guy from him self!
 moraima
Msg: 98 (view)

who are feminists?
Posted: 10/14/2017 9:11:28 PM
Good answer Kj.
 moraima
Msg: 326 (view)

Posted: 10/14/2017 8:28:01 PM
"By time you get to 73 and have had many women and you get to read, listen, understand women much better than when you were 21."

Seriously pumpkin?

You understand women the least of most of the men I have met in my life.

I am only a few years younger than you. Fortunately, I have lived a kinder, gentler less selfish life than you claim to have lived.
I don't have to put up nasty bites of nonsense on websites to prove to myself how bad women/men are. I am not mad at the opposite sex. I am quite satisfied with the relationships I have had. The only people I dislike (male and female) are a*sholes. You obviously feel cheated of a satisfactory sex life now that you are looking back over your life. I wish there was an easy answer to fix your frustration with how you have lived your life. Sorry but we are all responsible for the life we have lived. No one had control of our lives except ourselves.

You seem unwilling/unable to see the majority of the opposite sex as enjoying sex just as much as men do. Your loss.
 moraima

Any tips and/or advice?
Posted: 10/14/2017 6:35:17 PM
Change you profile. Sorry, so sorry, but when I first viewed it I wasn't sure if you were male or female.
Great photos are your best friend with OLDing.
 moraima
Msg: 33 (view)

An amusing anecdote...
Posted: 10/14/2017 5:26:50 PM
"Fortunately for me, then, that's not what was going through my pretty l'il noggin.."

" Even I, with my sleep-deprived-Vin-Diesel looks, was able to land a Hottie!" I wouldn't do that to her, or myself. "

OMG, What???????????? Vin Diesel .................. WTF?

"You must have me confused with someone else - I'm not whining..."

OMG, What???????????????

Shake your head until you make sense to the rest of the world.
 moraima
Msg: 322 (view)

Posted: 10/14/2017 7:12:52 AM
"Man give love to get SEX. Women give sex to get love, it is a vicious circle. "

May be true of your relationships. For the majority of us, both men and women love to love, and have a real intimate sexual relationship.
Sorry you have never been able to enjoy this type of relationship.

" Sex is a total act of selfishness"

So sad that you believe this. Most of the rest of us love to give/share in intimate sexual relationship(s).

" how dare you make personal comments about my sex life and draw a conclusion of how I think or act."

You write about your sex life and tell us how you think and act. If you don't want people to know what you are like, don't tell them.
 moraima
Msg: 320 (view)

Posted: 10/13/2017 5:43:54 PM
"https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110218063548AA8ZjhF"

What does sexual performance mean?
i hear this term but im not sure exactly what people mean. Is it the time a guy can last before he cums or what?
Update: hmm two different answers already! so looks like others dont know either!
if its how good a guy is in bed, surely that is objective? Some girls like different things that a guy might not do with one but another likes?
Update 2: LOL! this IS amusing! seems no one really knows what the term means! Or at least it seems to mean different things to different people.

"/medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Sexual+Performance+Score"

Sexual Performance Score
A measure that evaluates components of sexual activity—e.g., erection, orgasm, enjoyment, interactions with partner, spontaneity, satisfactory duration, intercourse, ejaculation, masturbation

etc.

WTF?

This is not sex education class. It is supposed to be around loving human relationships.

Baron don't you understand how remove you are from what goes on in a loving relationship.

You are proving sexual relations to you have nothing to do with being in a marriage and/or a loving relationship.

At the minimum, what comes to mind is total selfish sex as being your goal.

You seem to figure a women is just s sperm vessel. No wonder you are having problems with the women you are married to wanting to have sex with you.

Women are not prepared to be punished for your the bad sex in your marriage. Attitude adjustment is your friend.
 moraima
Msg: 317 (view)

Posted: 10/13/2017 3:16:51 PM
"Goes both ways, though. If he or she is not wanting to "do it", but, sigh, ok-ok-alright -- then that ruins the mood/feelings, unless it's been forever since they had sex, due to the elongated wait."

Reminds me of a guy who invited me for dinner, who I agreed to meet at a local restaurant. (We lived in a small town where everyone know almost everyone so he knew where I lived.) About an hour before date time, he shows up at my house. I offered him a drink while he waited for me to get ready. If I got within a foot of him he tried to grab my breast. I said WTF do you think you are doing? He replied that his ex wife would say no to him grabbing her sexually until he had done it enough so that she gave in to him and had sex. Sorry folks It isn't the job of people who have had normal sex lives to fix you nutters who have lived in nonfunctioning unsuccessful sexual relationships. Men and women can blame the opposite sex as much as they want. Reality is that people with messed up sex lives need therapy after their partner has refuse to engage in a sexual relationship with them for years. Just finding another partner who likes sex isn't the quick fix they are expecting. They need (if possible) to learn to be sexual beings again.

Shades of Harvey Weinstein come to mind. He obviously doesn't have a clue how to appeal to the opposite sex.

"both parties have to perform *[as if it's natural and enjoyable].""

The as if is very telling.

Show ALL Forums