Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Ex told me she's pregnant. I blocked her.
 moraima
Msg: 34 (view)

Ex told me she's pregnant. I blocked her.
Posted: 10/22/2018 8:25:58 PM
Op If you need it explained to you, there is no point because you won't understand anyway.
 moraima
Msg: 26 (view)

Guys !! i have a Big Issue...
Posted: 10/15/2018 7:23:53 PM
Not hard to spot those who have burned out a considerable amount of brain cells in many of these threads.

It amazes me when they are proud of the fact.
 moraima
Msg: 14 (view)

Guys !! i have a Big Issue...
Posted: 10/15/2018 2:38:22 PM
"Most people will just keep growing their own or buying from their dealer."

No, most people will do what they have always done, and have a glass of wine.
 moraima
Msg: 25 (view)

Bit Confused...
Posted: 10/12/2018 11:31:37 AM
"I am not saying that all men think alike, or all women think alike."

That's what I said and your response was "I hate to sound critical, but you are revealing, quite clearly, that you do not know what you are talking about. "
 moraima
Msg: 23 (view)

Bit Confused...
Posted: 10/12/2018 8:35:32 AM
"I hate to sound critical, but you are revealing, quite clearly, that you do not know what you are talking about."

In your opinion.

Can you seriously say that you believe that all women think alike?
That all men think alike?

Anyone who tells me that is telling me the don't look at people as individuals and they don't listen when others talk.

Theodore Reik Born: May 12, 1888, Vienna, Austria
Died: December 31, 1969,

Do you really believe that people today think like people did from 1888 to 1969?
 moraima
Msg: 21 (view)

Bit Confused...
Posted: 10/11/2018 7:35:31 PM
"- that's pop-psychology and wrong. It's good for women,"

Really? Are you sure? All women? So you think all women are the same, do you?

"It is a good read, and worth your time. "

If you believe that all men are the same, and all women are the same.

Nonsense. People are different. Men are different and women are different.

Try understanding different types of people, and not thing along gender lines only.
 moraima
Msg: 42 (view)

Why is finding a date a top priority?
Posted: 10/5/2018 10:34:28 AM
"I wonder the same thing about you and some of the other posters here.... When will it click for you ?"

At you age (37), I thought like you. Now that I am not far off double your age, I think differently.

"Humans can survive alone, but it mentally stunts them. People can survive sure , but they thrive when in good relationships. "

Repeating what I said earlier. There are stages to life. Most younger people want to start their own family group. Some are successful at it, some are not. Later in life, some people go into a stage where they are happier alone. They got to this alone stage by being widowed or divorced. Most start off wanting to have a live in partner. As time goes by, they develope a healthy single lifestyle, and realize that at this point in their life, they are happy as they are.
 moraima
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 10/5/2018 9:36:53 AM
"Also, studies show married people are happier and live longer than single people."

Time to redo the studies.
Divorce rates wouldn't be what they are if most people were happier being married.

"This isnt nonsense, its the way humans and many animals are ."

It is the way humans and animals who can't survive by themselves are.

"People that are single and claim to be happy alone are usually pretty lonely and bitter regardless of the image they try to put forward. "

There is a good chance that as you age , you will learn that that isn't true.

Seriously, you think that people who say they are happy are lying for the sake of image.

If I and most people were unhappy, we would change our lives to become happy. We don't change our lies because we enjoy having our lives the way we want it.

Wonder how many years it will take for you to look back and think "oh, I get it now".
 moraima
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 10/5/2018 7:11:01 AM
"Hope it always stays good for you. One thing you men don't ever get, is when a baby is born. That baby responds to a human touch and nurturing.....it's vital and important."

What does that have to do with being an adult???

All this nonsense about adults needing to be in a live in relationship, because they are human is just an excuse for not being happy with yourself.

"Dating is not going to complete me. But it will give me a chance to enjoy life, and people and maybe learn more. "

And you can not enjoy life and people and learn without a partner why???
 moraima
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 10/4/2018 7:50:20 PM
"Some people have learned to cope or settle for that but given a magic wand, they wouldn't actively choose that fate for themselves."

Not necessarily true.

Younger people may find that they learn "Happiness comes from within.. It is not contingent upon others. When one seeks "to be happy" with others they must possess it themselves first. To not be happy and have the belief, "He or she MAKES me happy", is futile. An unhealthy / unhappy person sucks the life away from a happy person.
When you are happy,...……………. healthy / happy people find you. Then and only then, can 2 people be happy TOGETHER! " as they grow older.

or they are happy to have a full life without a live in mate.

Don't believe me! I wouldn't have believed it either when I was younger. There are stages in life for many people. Some of those stages require live in company, and later in life there can be a stage or stages where we are so content to live alone, we don't want to risk screwing it up.
 moraima
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 10/4/2018 4:11:23 PM
" when you split rent, power, water and heat two ways it is a hell of a lot cheaper. "

Worst reason ever for living with someone you are supposed to be having a relationship with.

Get a room mate. Don't use another person for financial gain.

People can be very scary when they use others to get what they want.
Very telling about character.

Makes me wonder if they are capable of even knowing what love is.
 moraima
Msg: 36 (view)

Persistent people,flattering or a turn off?
Posted: 10/3/2018 2:24:16 PM
I say what I mean, and mean what I say.

Don't believe me when I say no, and you are just going to piss me off.
 moraima
Msg: 53 (view)

How many partners is too much?
Posted: 10/1/2018 7:37:42 AM
The most helpful thing I learned in high school was to recognize peer pressure, and to enjoy confusing peers by not giving in to it.

"Peer pressure is the direct influence on people by peers, or the effect on an individual who gets encouraged to follow their peers by changing their attitudes, values or behaviors to conform to those of the influencing group or individual."

My attitude and values aren't changed by people who want to get me to do things I don't want to do.

"I suspect its that 80% of the guys on their are NOT looking for a relationship "

They have the right to not want a relationship, just like I have the right not to jump in and out of men's bed just to please them.

Peer pressure amuses me in my old age. No one has to comply.
 moraima
Msg: 45 (view)

Posted: 9/30/2018 8:24:28 PM
"the women are aware of this and have to accept it if they want a chance to hang out with a guy to get in the dating phase."

No, no, no!

We teach people how they can treat us.

Stop this nonsense, and teach people to respect you!

Why would you want to date men who do not respect you?

The worst thing is not not having a date. The worst thing is dating a jerk!
 moraima
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 9/30/2018 1:24:22 PM
"probably not an appropriate first date question but in a 'relationship' it may come up."

I am old, and I have never asked or been asked.

Can't figure out why anyone would ask or what they would do with the info.

Sounds like looking for drama.

I don't care what someone did in the past. I only care about who and what they are today.
 moraima
Msg: 26 (view)

Together for 10+ years and still no cohabitation...cause for concern?
Posted: 9/26/2018 9:10:13 PM
"In those 10 years, his ex-girlfriend never wanted to move in with him. "

Why don't people listen/believe what their s/o is telling them?

Why do people believe that if they wait long enough, they can apply enough pressure to force the other person to change their mind?

Both men and women are equally guilty of not listening and/or figuring they can change the other persons mind about how they want to live their life.

If an s/o tells us they want something different than what we want, we need to accept what they want, or move on.
 Moraima
Msg: 55 (view)

Triggers in profile photos
Posted: 9/2/2018 12:20:20 PM
Pictures of non freshly shaved men make me click next.

In my age group, I would guess that only 10 percent of men do not have some form of facial hair.
I would rather never date again than watch a man with food or drink in his facial hair.

I realize most women put up with facial hair rather than go without a man, but I just can not bring myself to have facial hair touch my face.

Such is life.

Thank God men my age in the country I winter in are 99 percent clean shaven. Probably due to the heat.
 Moraima
Msg: 23 (view)

do friends go after their friend's exes on line at age 60? (asking on behalf of my GF)
Posted: 9/2/2018 11:33:45 AM
I really do not get this whole drama.

(The question here is: Why does she even care is she is YOUR girlfriend. What does this guy have that you don't have? Drama?)

Exactly!

I live in a Drama Free Zone that I protect for ALL Drama Kings and Queens.
 Moraima
Msg: 3 (view)

Do men and women still speak the same language?
Posted: 8/27/2018 12:10:54 PM
Your last thread on this topic got deleted, so you are trying to squeak this thread onto the board.

Is it just me?

How many threads will it take for you to accept that it is just you.
 Moraima
Msg: 55 (view)

Do you care what a person does for work?
Posted: 8/21/2018 3:12:04 PM
I care.

Not being in work that compares to what I did equals.............

Can not afford to be away 6 months a year to be a snowbird.

Can not afford to pay their half of the lifestyle I have.

Do not have the same mind set that I have to get ahead financially.

Do not feel comfortable with people like me.

Etc. etc. etc.
 Moraima
Msg: 481 (view)

Women making the first move...
Posted: 8/21/2018 3:03:31 PM
"I don't give a sh*t", and indeed I went after who I wanted!

Exactly why I and others respect you so much.
 Moraima
Msg: 15 (view)

Older gentleman with kids
Posted: 8/19/2018 3:07:54 PM
I refused to date young men with dependant children when I was young. Many of them got quite nasty about my childfree zone back then.
Did not do children decades ago, sure not going to do it now.
 Moraima
Msg: 148 (view)

Do nice guys finish last?
Posted: 8/17/2018 8:57:41 AM
(Women with high self esteem I try to find ways to lower it. If I can't then I just move on to the next one.)

I see this type of behaviour fairly regularly in Datingland. Easy to spot a control freak and end contact with them.

Surprises me how the people with low self esteem do not realize that trying to put someone down who has high self esteem is a big tell.

Glad they do though as it tells me early on not to bother dating them.
 Moraima
Msg: 7 (view)

Does being single stop you from doing what you want?
Posted: 8/11/2018 3:49:52 PM
(They feel that they have to be with someone to do something.)

People like that creep me out. (A lot!)

About a year after I was widowed, I decided I could wait for meet someone to travel with or I could go by myself. Going by myself was the best decision I ever made. First few year I travelled across Canada, then for the last 19 years I have travelled internationally, and own a home in the Caribbean. If I had waited to meet someone to travel with I would still be waiting to start my adventures.

Too numerous to count are the times I would start dating someone, and hear the words as soon as we are in a relationship you will stop travelling.

No being single would stop me from doing what I want with my life, which scares the hell out of me.

Today, I can not image having to take another"s opinion into consideration for travel plans or buying new car, selling a home etc.

Colour me Team Single.
 Moraima
Msg: 68 (view)

Lame topic
Posted: 8/9/2018 2:46:28 PM
I consider the idea of women being treated as, or thinking that they are princesses or queens to be an insult to an intelligence person.

Fluffy people makes me want to swat them like mosquitos.

Stamp out fluffy heads!
 Moraima
Msg: 16 (view)

Chronic Illness? A deal breaker or not?
Posted: 8/8/2018 6:53:16 AM
(and the real point....is that people with high blood pressure or diabetes, can lead a very active life.)

Exactly.

(My very fit and athletic 8 year old grand daughter could fit into size 2 jeans.)

And so can this fit and active older lady who has had high blood pressure since she was 20.

I get tired of the uneducated who spout that people with high blood pressure would not have it if they were not overweight.

(careful now....your Blonde is turning Green w/ envy!!)

And others in this thread.
 Moraima
Msg: 12 (view)

Chronic Illness? A deal breaker or not?
Posted: 8/7/2018 4:10:24 PM
(Excess weight contributes to getting these diseases, so people can lose weight to get rid of some illnesses, and then you can potentially get off of meds:)

So Newyorker58 can you fit into my size 2 jeans?

I have had blood pressure issues since I was 20. Have been on bp meds for decades. Takes a split second to take my med daily. Issue solved.
How stupid to think my bp is an issue!
I would laugh my ass of at anyone who thought they would not date me because of it.

Due to a surgeons error, I was told I would be dead before my 30th bday. I have lived to more than double that bday. My family doctor and friend, used to to say anybody can be hit by a bus today and die.

Guess what? No one who has wanted to date me has ever asked me if I have health issues.

I was the primary caregiver for my late husband who died at 38. Being his caregiver is the thing I am most proud of in my life.

Would I sign up to do the same thing for a stranger who wanted to date me?..............no way!
 Moraima

Shedding the nice guy.
Posted: 8/7/2018 3:54:25 PM
( so called nice guys are actually up their own poopdeckers with overinflated sense of entitlement and expect women to like them because they think themselves to be nice.)

The above covers all that needs to be said on this topic.

Enough already!
 Moraima
Msg: 13 (view)

How serious do people believe Reality TV like the Bachelor(ette)?
Posted: 8/7/2018 3:51:11 PM
Bachelor(ette) bored me to tears for the couple of episode I watched part of.

Now Big Brother (Canada or US)...................I confess to being a superfan.
Team Tyler and Sam!
 Moraima

Independent Don't Need A Man; Seeks - Husband =>> What Gives?
Posted: 8/4/2018 10:39:22 AM
(Seriously, the older women seem to want marriage even MORE than the young women.)

I had a good marriage, but years spent single, living alone has left me never wanting to cohabitate again. As soon as I explain to a man who asks to date me that cohabitation is never going to happen, they move on. Which is ok with me, if that man is looking for a wife.
My single female friends range from 40 to 80. Not one of them wants to remarry.

Strange that you are experiencing older women who want to remarry. I do not understand their thinking either.
 Moraima

Modern dating
Posted: 7/17/2018 9:52:37 AM
("In these modern times of apparent equality)

How is your post about equality?
If it was, both the woman and the man would be doing all the things you list when dating each other.
Which in many cases is exactly what happens when dating.

( risk being reject by letting the man, know she is interested and be persistent in getting him to date her>)

Who in their right mind persists in trying to date someone who does not want to date them.

Learning to accept rejection is part of life.
 Moraima
Msg: 4 (view)

What dating mode are you in?
Posted: 7/13/2018 12:27:45 PM
6 and 9

he he.........................................................
 Moraima
Msg: 164 (view)

Why do girls stop replying?
Posted: 7/2/2018 10:55:07 AM
(No, I believe what he's saying is, there are times when these "preferences" can get REALLY stupid. I don't give a shit what anyone says, when a woman starts demanding a man like her favorite football teams, TV shows, and NOT own a *small* dog because she thinks it's "weird", that's an insufferable and irrational twat who deserves to be alone as much as people who refuse to better themselves.)

I totally agree. I certainly was not referring to such petty things. I foolishly thought others were not referring to stupid things either. Hence my comments.

(Yes, she has the RIGHT to cling to these "preferences" for dear life. Everyone gets it. Believe me, they really do. But she also needs to shut her whiny piehole when no one wants her stupid ass.)

However, if her preferences are reasonable, she would not whine about people she does not want, not wanting her.

Imo, it is people who whine because they can not have their pick out of everyone they want, who should just learn and accept that everyone will never want them. Concentrate on those who do you want.
 Moraima
Msg: 160 (view)

Posted: 7/1/2018 3:16:36 PM
(sometimes "expanding or adjusting the strike zone" a little bit)

When I have done that, I have ended up asking myself just wth I was thinking.

Then trying to come up with an excuse that would not hurt the other person to make sure I never had to see them again.
Lesson learned........not my type is not my type.

Adjusting your strike zone can end up making your realize yet again that you just can not settle with less than you want and be happy.

Self esteem is a wonderful and freeing attribute.
 Moraima
Msg: 140 (view)

Posted: 6/30/2018 2:06:15 PM
( Some women might have more success if they were less rigid and judgmental about their long list of requirements and dealbreakers. They reject men that could be potential matches because of a few inches, he doesn't have a college degree, he has a picture of himself with a woman etc.)

Let me get the straight. You think women would be successful if they accepted men they do not want.
Why would you think that either men or women do not know themselves well enough to know what they want.

Maybe women stop replying to you because they come to realize you think you know what is better for them than they do.
Nobody likes a controller.
 Moraima
Msg: 167 (view)

When is it ok to say I love you?
Posted: 6/23/2018 7:41:59 AM
(an old bag is a sour, dour person who tries to pee on other people's rainbows. TRIES.)

No, just trying to be logical.

(so ur waiting (gleefully) 4 CBGB to come in & say "we broke up" etc?)

No. I prefer people are happy with their lives.

(How dare u assume CBGB is w/ this woman out of fear, perhaps u r projecting ur own pov onto him.)

I said some people. Deal with what I posted not what you assume I mean.

I have no problem with people finding love.

I do have a problem with Drama Queens and Drama Kings who spend their lives chasing the attention as they crave, but can never get enough of.
 Moraima
Msg: 154 (view)

Posted: 6/22/2018 1:17:18 PM
Once a flake, always a flake.

Old Canadian Proverb.
 Moraima
Msg: 141 (view)

Posted: 6/22/2018 7:47:34 AM
(^The misogynists & the old bags who love them must be fuming bec. ur happy CGBG.)

No, we are just waiting for reality to surface.

Sad that people can not be happy unless they are part of a couple.
Fear of being alone makes many love being in love more than reality.

ps.......Everyone will be old one day. Insulting older people who do not agree with your way of thinking says a lot about you. Are you going to be able to handle being old and all that goes with it?
 Moraima
Msg: 115 (view)

Posted: 6/17/2018 7:29:38 AM
(I told my wife I loved her after 4 dates and I really was.)

9 times out of 10 it does not work that way.

I too knew I loved someone quickly whom I would still be married to if he had not died.
I did not rush to say I love you but waited till I knew he was what I thought he was.

However, when someone quickly tells me he loves me, I think desperate to be in love with being in love.

The people who fall in love with just about everyone they date scare me badly.
 Moraima
Msg: 83 (view)

Ex won't leave me alone... restraining order?
Posted: 6/16/2018 2:38:07 PM
OMG! I am having flashbacks of Natalie.

Obviously Natalie 2.0 just want to wallow in the drama.

Have at all the drama you want OP!
 Moraima
Msg: 56 (view)

Posted: 6/9/2018 8:33:40 AM
(I'm not the one starting the drama though. )

Can you not see that you are enjoying and playing into the drama just as much as he is?

If you were not, you would not be obsessing about the situation.

Find an activity to focus your mind on.
 Moraima
Msg: 52 (view)

Posted: 6/8/2018 4:39:52 PM
( it was just nonsensical and comedic. It's sad.)

No! It is total unnecessary drama.

Try living in a drama free zone.

ie. Grow up!
 Moraima
Msg: 21 (view)

Disabled Parking Space.
Posted: 6/8/2018 2:49:11 PM
As per Min. of Transportation Ontario

This permit, issued to an individual, entitles the vehicle in which it is displayed to be parked in a designated disabled parking space * the permit must be displayed on the dashboard or sun visor and can be moved from vehicle to vehicle .

The permit is only issues to one person and is not registered to a vehicle.

It would be nice to see more people who have not been issued a permit but use spot anyway get fined.
A public shaming would like printing their names in newspapers or on social media would be just reward.
 Moraima
Msg: 8 (view)

Has #Metoo invaded online dating?
Posted: 6/8/2018 2:36:46 PM
(I bet you get hit up all the time with offers for sex.)

That is the first thing you say in a message and you do not understand why women would not like that.
Wow just wow.
 Moraima
Msg: 14 (view)

Disabled Parking Space.
Posted: 6/7/2018 6:44:09 PM
Yes, kind of like overweight parents and their overweight children getting choice parking sports just because they have kids.
Total nonsense.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
 Moraima
Msg: 8 (view)

Disabled Parking Space.
Posted: 6/6/2018 8:31:34 PM
Thanks for your compliment Vannili.

(In Indiana, temporary permits have an expiration date on them, permanent ones do not.)

Maybe time for places that do not put expiries on permits to change their system.

I would hope the fine for using a person who has died permit is large.

Do the permits have the persons name who it was issued to clearly showing?
If the permit was in a mans name and a woman was driving, it should be a dead give away.
Pun intended.
 Moraima
Msg: 6 (view)

Disabled Parking Space.
Posted: 6/6/2018 7:23:20 PM
(So my 16 years widowed friend she renew the "permit" that was hang on the mirror,every year ? How can she do it ? )

Good question!

Renew an accessible parking permit
You will need to renew permanent and subject-to-change accessible parking permits every 5 years.

You will receive a renewal notice 3 months before your permit expires.

Permanent
If your disability is permanent, you do not need to be re-certified by your healthcare practitioner.

As per ontario.ca
 Moraima
Msg: 2 (view)

Disabled Parking Space.
Posted: 6/6/2018 3:48:04 PM
From
ontario.ca/page/get-accessible-parking-permit

Get an accessible parking permit
How to get an accessible parking permit. Accessible parking permits are issued to a person or business and not a vehicle. Permit holders must have been in the vehicle and the permit displayed on the dashboard in order to park in an accessible parking space.

Only people with certain health conditions can apply for an accessible parking permit. Read the eligibility requirements below before you apply.

To apply for an accessible parking permit, there are 2 parts to the application form:

Part A – to be completed by the applicant
Part B – to be completed by your health care practitioner

Permits have name to person they were issued to and an expiry or and renewal date.

Each province or state would have slightly different rules but basically the same.

Vannali your friends need a slap. Good for you for expressing that this is not acceptable behaviour and illegal.

PS The trend to specially marked parking spaces at malls for people with children in not legal and can not be enforced.
 Moraima
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 6/3/2018 2:09:06 PM
You are courting drama.

If you want the drama to stop, stop fueling the fire.

So he is talking to the friends......not your problem! ld
Why you would care leads only to you are enjoying this.

Stalks you at work.................dial 911.
Wait.........you are enjoying the drama.

Seriously........................Enjoying the drama or end it.

My guess is the drama is addictive to you.
 Moraima
Msg: 91 (view)

50/50?
Posted: 6/2/2018 8:20:17 AM
If you want a 50 50 relationship, pick a partner who is your equal. That has always worked for me.

I am an alpha who being an alpha would only get into a relationship with another alpha. Maybe being alpha means it would never have occurred to us that being anything other than 50 50 was possible for us.

If people worry about giving more than they are getting, why are they in the relationship in the first place?

We teach people how to treat us.

Show ALL Forums