Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: if Kamloops is a cereal, maybe she's the prize in every box?
 moraima
Msg: 43 (view)

if Kamloops is a cereal, maybe she's the prize in every box?
Posted: 12/17/2018 3:55:08 PM
When I was in high school the definition of cute was short, fat and ugly! What can I say? I went to high school in Quebec.

I am a size 2/4. Not a stick person. Have curves. (Really small bones.)

If I see a profile of a 65 yr old starting his want list at 18, I laugh my ass off after vomiting in my mouth a bit.
 moraima
Msg: 51 (view)

i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 3:48:46 PM
" I want to be polite and eat what is put in front of me and not complain. It has nothing to do with getting men to like me. Generally I have an open mind when it comes to food."

OMG!

Face slapping self!

Qué????

What???

The definition of insanity is................................................!
 moraima
Msg: 27 (view)

blocked
Posted: 12/17/2018 3:44:00 PM
"unlikely all that blocked me were second messages."

Have no idea how it would be possible if it wasn't second message.

"almost as if they scrolled threw the profiles and blocked anyone they didn't like. "

??? Impossible

??? Who would have time or interest to do that, if it was possible???
 moraima
Msg: 36 (view)

Thought I was almost over her
Posted: 11/11/2018 2:23:29 PM
"the perfect person for us except we aren't the perfect person to them"

When a person learns to accept that they are perfect just the way they are, other people think so too.
 moraima
Msg: 162 (view)

How many partners is too much?
Posted: 11/11/2018 2:20:23 PM
July you have had as many partners as you have had.

Don't wait for men to tell you it is ok.

Stop looking for approval, and approve of yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 moraima
Msg: 59 (view)

she's and alcoholic, dry for 11 years, I'm a social drinker, looking for advice...
Posted: 11/11/2018 12:37:28 PM
Death of family member comes to mind, which causes situational depression.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 moraima
Msg: 57 (view)

she's and alcoholic, dry for 11 years, I'm a social drinker, looking for advice...
Posted: 11/11/2018 6:58:59 AM
"Are you saying then that everyone who has a mental health issue becomes an alcoholic"

Of course not! I am saying that those who use alcohol to dull the pains of mental illness instead of getting other types of help, will most likely still have to deal with the mental health issues if they quit drinking.

Not everyone who drinks becomes an alcohol. Not everyone who becomes an alcohol drink to dull pain, but most do.
 moraima
Msg: 153 (view)

Posted: 11/9/2018 4:44:20 PM
I talk to couples because I figure I am safe from having the man hit on me. I had no idea men were vain enough to think it was them I was after. Note to self don't be friendly with couples anymore.
 moraima
Msg: 145 (view)

Posted: 11/9/2018 8:48:23 AM
"And most of us know its a fact that women like men that other women are into. Its that competitive nature women have against each other."

Surprise, surprise. All women are not the same.

Some of us women are only competitive in business.

I would walk away from any man who tried to tell me how many partners he had had, or if he was to question me.

Sounds very high school to me.
 moraima
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 11/7/2018 7:25:31 PM
"total opposite of one asking if you know bill w. or any other aa reference."

That has not been my experience. I have known several dry drunks who had got up for years as speakers at AA. What they say when were speaking, and what they show strangers wasn't always what they showed to people that they were in close relationships with.

IMO, alcoholics drank to self medicate because of mental health issues. They quit drink, but the mental health issues sometimes return especially if they haven't received help with their other issues.
 moraima
Msg: 529 (view)

Love,Quality of life and who pays
Posted: 11/6/2018 1:18:43 PM
IMO, people thinking they can have more children than they can afford, then expecting their senior parents, and taxpayers to raise and support their children are babies having babies.

"One of the biggest reasons for this is lack of affordable housing, the rise in the cost of living and increasing difficulty with finding fulltime permanant employment."

No, it is people expecting other people to be responsible for our bad decisions.

Make all the excuse you want. It doesn't change the fact that you created children, created debts, created half of the bad relationship with the children father.

"So I can't win."

Yes, you can.
 moraima
Msg: 527 (view)

Posted: 11/6/2018 9:53:54 AM
" However there are some big economic ramifications as well for being single. Each partner acts as each other's safety net in case of sickness, job loss and retirement. Two incomes coming into a household is almost always better than one"

What a sad way to think. Using others never works well, or gives people the self esteem they need to live happily with themselves.

How comfortable could a man or women be if they knew their partner wouldn't be with them if they felt they could afford not to be.

Humans scare me sometimes.

"CPP isn't enough to live on for most people"

It is calculated on how much the person has paid in. As I said you have to live more than the age of 85 before it starts to cost you.

"if you sell your house "

That is what the majority of people over the age of 65 do, whether they have to or not. As people age they don't want the daily maintenance necessary on a house. It only makes sense to sell and invest the money, and enjoy the year they have left.

IMO, seniors have earned the right to enjoy their retirement and not have to provide a place for their children to live. Adult children should not be burdening their parents financial or emotionally.
True adults do not look to others to support them, whether it be their parents or the spouse.
 moraima
Msg: 222 (view)

A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 11/5/2018 9:32:48 PM

Don't encourage her. She needs help. For the sake of her children, don't encourage her to continue her behaviour.
 moraima
Msg: 51 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2018 8:59:21 PM
I have met far too many dry drunks to ever befriend anyone who is on a dry drunk at any time.
 moraima
Msg: 524 (view)

Posted: 11/5/2018 8:15:10 PM
"She does save somewhat for retirement but he will have to wait till she hits 65 or older."

In Canada, you can start taking your CCP at 60 and still work. According to my accountant, you will receive the same amount monthly unless you live to be over 85.
 moraima
Msg: 352 (view)

Not looking for hookups anymore
Posted: 11/4/2018 1:19:45 PM
Her sexlife is not the only one who bores me silly.

Those who can do (quietly). The others bore people with unnecessary yippy about it.
 moraima
Msg: 168 (view)

A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 11/3/2018 8:07:05 AM
"no harm in putting the effort out and learning from the mistakes. "

Those who ignore their mistakes and do the same thing over and over are the perfect example of the definition of insanity.
 moraima

How many good second dates have you gone on in the past 5 years?
Posted: 11/2/2018 8:39:19 PM
"One the other hand women seem to meet because the immediate goal is marriage.

I'm not saying marriage is bad but when that is the chief priority men will disappear on you ladies."

The men also disappear when I tell them before I accept a date that I don't want to get married.

Guess we just can't win.
 moraima
Msg: 82 (view)

Posted: 10/29/2018 11:35:41 AM
"Stop by a Retirement Home and speak to someone who gets no visitors, and ask him/her what his regret(s) in life were.
Often, it would be that he formed no close/lasting relationships.

Or that he spent too much time at work and not focusing on his family."

FYI. Not everyone thinks or feels like you do.

"Often, it would be that he formed no close/lasting relationships."

People can make many and close relationship but when those people die, those people better be able to enjoy their own company.

"Or that he had no family or kids."

My family has been deceased for many years. Never wanted children, and don't regret that decision.
I am never lonely or bored. Mind I have many close friends. You know - friends are the family we get to pic for ourselves.

"Or that he spent too much time at work and not focusing on his family."

"The elderly who are happy are the ones surrounded by grandchildren or nieces/nephews."
I enjoyed every moment of my career. Wouldn't have ever changed it.

Not necessarily true. I know plenty of elderly people who have large families that rarely come and spend time with them. I actually feel sorry for some I see who have never developed their interests past family.
 moraima
Msg: 156 (view)

as long as they are willing to do two jobs--blow and hand :)
Posted: 10/27/2018 9:03:31 PM
"I ended up with a lowerclass highschool dropout "

Sounds like you have have self-destructive behavior.

"I have two Bachelors degrees and I ended up with a lowerclass highschool dropout.

Was there a gun to your head or was that a decision you made?
 moraima
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 10/27/2018 8:55:33 PM
"I might add, are saying things that contradict common knowledge."

Seriously! Listen. It isn't common knowledge. It is your knowledge that is faulty.

OMG, I have lived in small towns for the last 40's years and never had any of the issues you whine about.

"Do you honestly think you'd be happy with someone shorter or weaker than you or with someone who made less money? You say these things don't matter to you now but did they when you were younger?"

No one said that. Where do you get these ideas!

Grow a backbone and all your problem will vanish. No one can rescue you but yourself.

Most people have posted that they call bs on this theory. Why don't you think about that for a while.

One of the definitions of insanity is thinking all of the 100 people who disagree with you are wrong.
 moraima
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 10/27/2018 7:49:46 PM
"Your answer kind of really explains why you've had problems with relationships. You've never been able to understand how to respond to women. Its a problem some men have but not all. "

Seriously....................Not all women are emotional vampires. Not all women are so impractical. Please stop assuming all women think like you.

"Today's men won't dance or sing or bring flowers because they think its sissy."

Maybe they don't with some women. Most men have brought me flowers. Any man who has tried to sing to me I have shut down because I find it creepy. All men I have gone out with have danced.

"I don't really understand the safety and financial security requirements. "

Exactly! Adults (both men and women) are responsible for their own safety and security.

FYI, it is a big world. Try dating a different type of man. Right after you work on your own issues.
 moraima
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 10/27/2018 7:36:57 AM
"Ok guys, how many times have you been confronted by a woman, she starts talking about relationships, and in your mind, you're thinking "Oh Gawd! Not this AGAIN???""

I am a woman, and I feel the same way.

Fluffy people and their natterings make me shut them down.
 moraima
Msg: 214 (view)

Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 10/25/2018 6:04:58 PM
A couple of weeks ago, my doctor complimented me on my artistic tattoos on either side of my neck. She said to is going to get a tattoo on her leg soon. Tattoos are totally main stream these days.
 moraima
Msg: 72 (view)

Triggers in profile photos
Posted: 10/23/2018 4:04:10 PM
"As adults we should be accepting others for who and what they are, not who and what we want them to be. That's a major trigger of relationships falling apart IMHO."

Imo, good grooming improves relationships. Not a fan of anyone (man or woman) who can't keep themselves looking neat and tidy.

"It's entirely a personal choice whether someone shaves or does not shave"

Absolutely.

It is also personal choice to stay away from people who creep me out.
 moraima
Msg: 34 (view)

Ex told me she's pregnant. I blocked her.
Posted: 10/22/2018 8:25:58 PM
Op If you need it explained to you, there is no point because you won't understand anyway.
 moraima
Msg: 26 (view)

Guys !! i have a Big Issue...
Posted: 10/15/2018 7:23:53 PM
Not hard to spot those who have burned out a considerable amount of brain cells in many of these threads.

It amazes me when they are proud of the fact.
 moraima
Msg: 14 (view)

Guys !! i have a Big Issue...
Posted: 10/15/2018 2:38:22 PM
"Most people will just keep growing their own or buying from their dealer."

No, most people will do what they have always done, and have a glass of wine.
 moraima
Msg: 25 (view)

Bit Confused...
Posted: 10/12/2018 11:31:37 AM
"I am not saying that all men think alike, or all women think alike."

That's what I said and your response was "I hate to sound critical, but you are revealing, quite clearly, that you do not know what you are talking about. "
 moraima
Msg: 23 (view)

Bit Confused...
Posted: 10/12/2018 8:35:32 AM
"I hate to sound critical, but you are revealing, quite clearly, that you do not know what you are talking about."

In your opinion.

Can you seriously say that you believe that all women think alike?
That all men think alike?

Anyone who tells me that is telling me the don't look at people as individuals and they don't listen when others talk.

Theodore Reik Born: May 12, 1888, Vienna, Austria
Died: December 31, 1969,

Do you really believe that people today think like people did from 1888 to 1969?
 moraima
Msg: 21 (view)

Bit Confused...
Posted: 10/11/2018 7:35:31 PM
"- that's pop-psychology and wrong. It's good for women,"

Really? Are you sure? All women? So you think all women are the same, do you?

"It is a good read, and worth your time. "

If you believe that all men are the same, and all women are the same.

Nonsense. People are different. Men are different and women are different.

Try understanding different types of people, and not thing along gender lines only.
 moraima
Msg: 42 (view)

Why is finding a date a top priority?
Posted: 10/5/2018 10:34:28 AM
"I wonder the same thing about you and some of the other posters here.... When will it click for you ?"

At you age (37), I thought like you. Now that I am not far off double your age, I think differently.

"Humans can survive alone, but it mentally stunts them. People can survive sure , but they thrive when in good relationships. "

Repeating what I said earlier. There are stages to life. Most younger people want to start their own family group. Some are successful at it, some are not. Later in life, some people go into a stage where they are happier alone. They got to this alone stage by being widowed or divorced. Most start off wanting to have a live in partner. As time goes by, they develope a healthy single lifestyle, and realize that at this point in their life, they are happy as they are.
 moraima
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 10/5/2018 9:36:53 AM
"Also, studies show married people are happier and live longer than single people."

Time to redo the studies.
Divorce rates wouldn't be what they are if most people were happier being married.

"This isnt nonsense, its the way humans and many animals are ."

It is the way humans and animals who can't survive by themselves are.

"People that are single and claim to be happy alone are usually pretty lonely and bitter regardless of the image they try to put forward. "

There is a good chance that as you age , you will learn that that isn't true.

Seriously, you think that people who say they are happy are lying for the sake of image.

If I and most people were unhappy, we would change our lives to become happy. We don't change our lies because we enjoy having our lives the way we want it.

Wonder how many years it will take for you to look back and think "oh, I get it now".
 moraima
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 10/5/2018 7:11:01 AM
"Hope it always stays good for you. One thing you men don't ever get, is when a baby is born. That baby responds to a human touch and nurturing.....it's vital and important."

What does that have to do with being an adult???

All this nonsense about adults needing to be in a live in relationship, because they are human is just an excuse for not being happy with yourself.

"Dating is not going to complete me. But it will give me a chance to enjoy life, and people and maybe learn more. "

And you can not enjoy life and people and learn without a partner why???
 moraima
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 10/4/2018 7:50:20 PM
"Some people have learned to cope or settle for that but given a magic wand, they wouldn't actively choose that fate for themselves."

Not necessarily true.

Younger people may find that they learn "Happiness comes from within.. It is not contingent upon others. When one seeks "to be happy" with others they must possess it themselves first. To not be happy and have the belief, "He or she MAKES me happy", is futile. An unhealthy / unhappy person sucks the life away from a happy person.
When you are happy,...……………. healthy / happy people find you. Then and only then, can 2 people be happy TOGETHER! " as they grow older.

or they are happy to have a full life without a live in mate.

Don't believe me! I wouldn't have believed it either when I was younger. There are stages in life for many people. Some of those stages require live in company, and later in life there can be a stage or stages where we are so content to live alone, we don't want to risk screwing it up.
 moraima
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 10/4/2018 4:11:23 PM
" when you split rent, power, water and heat two ways it is a hell of a lot cheaper. "

Worst reason ever for living with someone you are supposed to be having a relationship with.

Get a room mate. Don't use another person for financial gain.

People can be very scary when they use others to get what they want.
Very telling about character.

Makes me wonder if they are capable of even knowing what love is.
 moraima

Persistent people,flattering or a turn off?
Posted: 10/3/2018 2:24:16 PM
I say what I mean, and mean what I say.

Don't believe me when I say no, and you are just going to piss me off.
 moraima
Msg: 53 (view)

Posted: 10/1/2018 7:37:42 AM
The most helpful thing I learned in high school was to recognize peer pressure, and to enjoy confusing peers by not giving in to it.

"Peer pressure is the direct influence on people by peers, or the effect on an individual who gets encouraged to follow their peers by changing their attitudes, values or behaviors to conform to those of the influencing group or individual."

My attitude and values aren't changed by people who want to get me to do things I don't want to do.

"I suspect its that 80% of the guys on their are NOT looking for a relationship "

They have the right to not want a relationship, just like I have the right not to jump in and out of men's bed just to please them.

Peer pressure amuses me in my old age. No one has to comply.
 moraima
Msg: 45 (view)

Posted: 9/30/2018 8:24:28 PM
"the women are aware of this and have to accept it if they want a chance to hang out with a guy to get in the dating phase."

No, no, no!

We teach people how they can treat us.

Stop this nonsense, and teach people to respect you!

Why would you want to date men who do not respect you?

The worst thing is not not having a date. The worst thing is dating a jerk!
 moraima
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 9/30/2018 1:24:22 PM
"probably not an appropriate first date question but in a 'relationship' it may come up."

I am old, and I have never asked or been asked.

Can't figure out why anyone would ask or what they would do with the info.

Sounds like looking for drama.

I don't care what someone did in the past. I only care about who and what they are today.
 moraima
Msg: 26 (view)

Together for 10+ years and still no cohabitation...cause for concern?
Posted: 9/26/2018 9:10:13 PM
"In those 10 years, his ex-girlfriend never wanted to move in with him. "

Why don't people listen/believe what their s/o is telling them?

Why do people believe that if they wait long enough, they can apply enough pressure to force the other person to change their mind?

Both men and women are equally guilty of not listening and/or figuring they can change the other persons mind about how they want to live their life.

If an s/o tells us they want something different than what we want, we need to accept what they want, or move on.
 Moraima
Msg: 55 (view)

Triggers in profile photos
Posted: 9/2/2018 12:20:20 PM
Pictures of non freshly shaved men make me click next.

In my age group, I would guess that only 10 percent of men do not have some form of facial hair.
I would rather never date again than watch a man with food or drink in his facial hair.

I realize most women put up with facial hair rather than go without a man, but I just can not bring myself to have facial hair touch my face.

Such is life.

Thank God men my age in the country I winter in are 99 percent clean shaven. Probably due to the heat.
 Moraima
Msg: 23 (view)

do friends go after their friend's exes on line at age 60? (asking on behalf of my GF)
Posted: 9/2/2018 11:33:45 AM
I really do not get this whole drama.

(The question here is: Why does she even care is she is YOUR girlfriend. What does this guy have that you don't have? Drama?)

Exactly!

I live in a Drama Free Zone that I protect for ALL Drama Kings and Queens.
 Moraima
Msg: 3 (view)

Do men and women still speak the same language?
Posted: 8/27/2018 12:10:54 PM
Your last thread on this topic got deleted, so you are trying to squeak this thread onto the board.

Is it just me?

How many threads will it take for you to accept that it is just you.
 Moraima
Msg: 55 (view)

Do you care what a person does for work?
Posted: 8/21/2018 3:12:04 PM
I care.

Not being in work that compares to what I did equals.............

Can not afford to be away 6 months a year to be a snowbird.

Can not afford to pay their half of the lifestyle I have.

Do not have the same mind set that I have to get ahead financially.

Do not feel comfortable with people like me.

Etc. etc. etc.
 Moraima
Msg: 480 (view)

Women making the first move...
Posted: 8/21/2018 3:03:31 PM
"I don't give a sh*t", and indeed I went after who I wanted!

Exactly why I and others respect you so much.
 Moraima
Msg: 15 (view)

Older gentleman with kids
Posted: 8/19/2018 3:07:54 PM
I refused to date young men with dependant children when I was young. Many of them got quite nasty about my childfree zone back then.
Did not do children decades ago, sure not going to do it now.
 Moraima
Msg: 148 (view)

Do nice guys finish last?
Posted: 8/17/2018 8:57:41 AM
(Women with high self esteem I try to find ways to lower it. If I can't then I just move on to the next one.)

I see this type of behaviour fairly regularly in Datingland. Easy to spot a control freak and end contact with them.

Surprises me how the people with low self esteem do not realize that trying to put someone down who has high self esteem is a big tell.

Glad they do though as it tells me early on not to bother dating them.
 Moraima
Msg: 7 (view)

Does being single stop you from doing what you want?
Posted: 8/11/2018 3:49:52 PM
(They feel that they have to be with someone to do something.)

People like that creep me out. (A lot!)

About a year after I was widowed, I decided I could wait for meet someone to travel with or I could go by myself. Going by myself was the best decision I ever made. First few year I travelled across Canada, then for the last 19 years I have travelled internationally, and own a home in the Caribbean. If I had waited to meet someone to travel with I would still be waiting to start my adventures.

Too numerous to count are the times I would start dating someone, and hear the words as soon as we are in a relationship you will stop travelling.

No being single would stop me from doing what I want with my life, which scares the hell out of me.

Today, I can not image having to take another"s opinion into consideration for travel plans or buying new car, selling a home etc.

Colour me Team Single.
 Moraima
Msg: 68 (view)

Lame topic
Posted: 8/9/2018 2:46:28 PM
I consider the idea of women being treated as, or thinking that they are princesses or queens to be an insult to an intelligence person.

Fluffy people makes me want to swat them like mosquitos.

Stamp out fluffy heads!

Show ALL Forums