Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Dancing
 jaqi
Msg: 78 (view)

Dancing
Posted: 3/17/2013 3:26:14 AM
hey guys we're talking partner dancing here not dancing round your handbag!

I have a friend who I met on a meeting site similar to this ... in fact it could have been here anyway he had dancing listed as an interest and we got talking. We met up, purely as friends, to go along to a dance venue I hadn't been to before and he told me that an ex girlfriend of his had badgered him constantly to get dancing with her... so in the end after running out of excuses as to why he couldn't go, he eventually gave in and went. He swore he had two left feet but after the first night he was bitten, even though his rythm wasn't great and he was struggling a little but he enjoyed the music and the fun of the evening so much that he started going twice a week, then three times a week and then going to freestyles at the weekend.

He obviously wasn't still with his girlfriend when we became friends but he went on to meet a lovely lady and I had the real pleasure to attend their wedding a year or so ago. Lovely couple and he eventually became a real lovely dancer too! Now they dance together and help to run a venue with a couple of other people.

So just because you think you can't dance doesn't mean necessarily that you can't learn and end up with a fabulous new interest and a whole new social life.
 jaqi
Msg: 50 (view)

Motivation to exercise after 40
Posted: 3/15/2013 11:22:06 AM
I have found that the older I have got the more motivated I have become.... but then I have the desire to get to where I am going and if you don't have that desire you won't get anywhere.

Perhaps your desire will return , if not on your own then maybe if you meet someone who also wants to keep fit, it might motivate you having a fitness partner.
 jaqi
Msg: 66 (view)

Dancing
Posted: 3/15/2013 8:57:09 AM
To Victorianist

Well done for your advice to your sons.... I often say the same thing to young lads especially those who I have to work with in Prison .... learn how to dance and you will never be without a woman on your arm... women do love a good dancer.

I list dancing as an interest as it is an important part of my life but updated that I no longer needed a man who can as I already have a great dancing partner. All it leaves now is to find a non jealous type who will feel secure with me dancing with another man all the time hahahah..... hmmmm well I can but dream! :)
 jaqi
Msg: 27 (view)

Star sign incompatibility?
Posted: 3/12/2013 12:19:51 PM
I am afraid I always check what star sign a person is . I can generally tell before checking, by their message and photo, what star sign they are ! I know I am more compatible with some more than others. I have to say that even if the fella looks gorgeous if he is capricorn scorpio or sagitarius I will probably, 9 times out of 10 just say thank you for the message and move on. I can chat all night long to an aquarius man but romance is usually way off the cards. I am very attracted to a taurus man and aries man and get on famously with a piscean male.

I'm not completely closed to meeting someone of a non compatible star sign I just know who I get on with and who I don't.
 jaqi
Msg: 52 (view)

Hair today gone tomorrow...
Posted: 2/3/2013 11:47:43 AM
Sorry to be resurrecting an old post but I thought I would just wirte an update:

A huge thank you to the lady who suggested MSM (sulphur) powder. I have been using it since it was suggested and saw a reduction in the amount of hair I was losing. I was taking one teaspoon in a glass of water per day and yes the taste takes a bit of getting used to :) Anyway just recently I started taking wheatgrass twice daily and also increasing the MSM to twice a day and wow have I seen a massive difference. There is hardly any hair loss. I still only clean my hair every two to four days but the loss is far less than even a days worth. To think that I was getting frantic about the amount of hair loss last May...... I couldn't be happier, so again ... such a big thank you.
 jaqi
Msg: 18 (view)

Why manly when a woman works out?
Posted: 1/31/2013 2:56:57 PM
OP you must work out around some strange men if they are that rude they ask you if you're a woman! I would totally ignore them and yes they're pretty damn rude and ignorant.

I use weights and love it... don't change doing what makes you feel confident and keeps you youthful and looking good.
 jaqi
Msg: 2 (view)

How does this come across?
Posted: 1/19/2013 3:02:06 PM
There is nothing wrong with having a 'friend with benefits' but the way you are thinking of writing it in your profile sounds like you're the type who will be forever thinking that the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence....and what if that one girl comes along who could be 'the one', reads your profile and passes you by because she thinks you may want to 'keep your options open'?
 jaqi
Msg: 12 (view)

Crazy Drivers
Posted: 11/12/2012 12:59:33 PM

I was hit side on by a delivery van a few years ago who pulled out of a petrol station forecourt without looking in the early hours. Initially the driver gave it "i haven't got time to swap details I got me drops to do" line. So I said to him "well I got your number plate. I will pass it to my mate who is a copper. He will find your van later today and discover a quantity of cocaine in it". Suddenly he changed his tune and insurance details were provided.

Just love it! :)

my pet hate is people who go all the way round roundabouts turning left.

... and how many drivers do you see who don't know how to use an indicator when on a roundabout? Pure guess work!
 jaqi
Msg: 32 (view)

gravity and the body
Posted: 11/11/2012 1:06:03 PM
Well done for losing all that weight bobbysgirlcardiff!

I am very small busted and and looking in the mirror a few years ago just saw two little sacks of skin and hated what I saw! I no longer look like that, mine are now pert, firm and lifted after using weighted exercises.

Bench press with dumbbells is a great way to work the chest area ... incline the bench and it works the top part of chest (pecs) This will give the effect of a bigger more shapely breast.

All the chest exercises are good for women, flat bench press, incline or decline.

Push ups again either flat on the floor or leaning against a wall or even with your hands on your bath if you have room to stretch your legs out behind you will all work the chest well.

Dumbbell lying chest extension with back on a bench (I sometimes do this at home by lying on a piano stool) with two hands holding the dumbbell, move the weight from above your chest, over your head and lower it behind you ... this will not only work the chest area but also the back.

Just a few mentioned here but if you go on to youtube and search chest exercises and you will find lots more.

Good luck and again really well done girl!
 jaqi

Calculator ban in school exams - thoughts?
Posted: 11/10/2012 1:13:10 AM
Adding, subtracting, multiplication and division are basics and I personally think that they should be learned and tested without calculators. Maths is a great way to exercise the brain. I can remember working in a pub when I was 18 and the tills were not the calculating kind. We had to add everything up in our head quickly and precisely as the punters knew exactly how much their beer and shots cost. Saturday afternoons were the worst after the big rugby matches when the punters were 15/20 deep at the bar... we had to really earn our wages back then.

In 2012 there are still jobs out there that require a mathmatical brain ... children shoould be encourage to use their heads!
 jaqi
Msg: 25 (view)

AGE and who tells the biggest lies men or women!!
Posted: 11/10/2012 1:01:38 AM
Would it resolve the issue, for the dating site purpose, if we didn't have to mention age. We would just look at the photo and maybe read the profile and then decide whether the person was attractive and whether we wanted to meet them. It might be better for the likes of myself, who openly admits age is a big factor and that I can't see passed that where young guys are concerned, especially those who tell me age is just a number!

I don't feel the need to lie about my age but do wonder if I didn't mention it just how many of those younger guys would actually send me a message in the first place ... I get the feeling that most send them only because I am the age I am and they might see me as the 'older, more sexually experienced woman' not that that necessarily follows.

As far as photos and age not 'matching' most of us will be putting our best shots on the profiles, I know I, for one, tell everyone that 'it's just good lighting' and only meet in a pub with poor lighting!!! ..... only kidding :)
 jaqi
Msg: 6 (view)

Crazy Drivers
Posted: 11/1/2012 1:53:26 PM
A few weeks ago amidst the high winds and rain I was driving along the M1, just about to overtake a lorry with the flat trailer when all of a sudden a gust of wind blew what I thought were pieces of plastic in front of my car... they bounced on the road and hit my little arfur. It wasn't until later in the evening when the street lamp was shining directly on the front of arfur that I found she had been stabbed by a shard of glass! The glass was 5.5" long x 1" wide x .25" thick! The lorry must had been carrying smashed up vehicles at some point and hadn't swept off all the debris!

Poor little arfur .... the driver should have been done for attempted murder!
 jaqi
Msg: 1 (view)

Crazy Drivers
Posted: 10/31/2012 4:55:00 PM
Driving home from work on the motorway, in the pouring rain, I passed a tiny car ... though not as tiny as my arfur ... and the driver was huddled over the steering wheel clutching a large sized takeaway drink (coffee or something) in one hand and a cigarette in the other! In front of her there was a Waitrose lorry being driven quite eratically, one minute in the traffic lane the next almost on to the hard shoulder ... the driver was in and out and in and out so much that I was wary of overtaking him!

A few days ago I passed a guy holding a phone to his ear slowing right down and when I overtook him I peeped him and showed my disgust at his driving, he then sped up and overtook me and got quite shirty with me and he had small child in the back seat! Why do some people still insist on using phones in cars while they are driving and not using a handsfree? Just lately I have seen so many people holding mobiles to their ear whilst driving and trying to turn corners with the one hand!

I saw one driver of a lorry, on the motorway, not so long back, steering with his elbows as he was reading!

So what are some of the stupidest things you have seen drivers doing?
 jaqi
Msg: 8 (view)

What wrong with swearing?
Posted: 10/31/2012 4:29:34 PM
In my job I have to listen to it all day, every day. I don't have any quarms pulling my colleagues up when their swear words overtake the entire sentence they're speaking and invariably they will apologise especially when I pull them up for using the 'c' word. The cons will also apologise and don't appear to swear in front of females half as much as the staff do. Of course there are plenty of female staff who use foul language on a regular basis too.

Personally I don't like to hear it and don't use it unless I have got completely stressed out with something or someone and then I may inadvertantly let the odd 'F' word out ... I have read somewhere though that swearing is actually good for you when used in stressful situations! That's my excuse for the odd word or two and I'm sticking to it!
 jaqi
Msg: 9 (view)

Temptation of the flesh
Posted: 10/20/2012 12:45:25 PM
I haven't got any cleavage so I can't show any ... if I had boobies then maybe I would show them off if they looked good. If you've got it why not flaunt it.

I am happy to show off my body ... at 55 it looks pretty good and in fact far better than at any other age. I enjoy a hard fitness regime and that reflects in my photos ... it shows that I am what I portray myself to be in my profile and isn't that why we put the photos on. I don't regard any of them as tacky or desperate and judging by the response I get to them, the respondees don't think so either.
 jaqi
Msg: 14 (view)

Is chiropractic treatment quackery?
Posted: 10/19/2012 3:12:49 AM
I use an Osteomyologist and he is totally fab. I recommend him whole heartedly to all.
 jaqi
Msg: 3 (view)

Bodyweight bench anyone?
Posted: 10/17/2012 3:21:19 PM
me too! Didn't seem to take me too long once I got in to weights before I was pressing 3 x 10 x 116lb .... works out that my 1rm would have been greater than my bodyweight .... one day I might give it a try though I could never see the point of doing one rep!
 jaqi
Msg: 7 (view)

Squats and deadlifts anyone?
Posted: 10/17/2012 2:55:26 PM
In my opinion squats and deadlifts are just fab ways to carve the fat off your a.rse and thighs. I do them with heavy weighted barbell, dumbbells and body weight ... when I just up the reps and superset various types of squats with all types of lunges. I really love them
 jaqi
Msg: 15 (view)

What if you don't have many friends?
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:52:58 AM
Personally I think computer games and guns are both equally unhealthy pastimes! I wouldn't even contemplate a relationship with someone like yourself.

As others have already said you could do with getting out in to the real world and mature a little more, then start looking to date. Choose some healthier pastimes which would see you meeting others in the community or go back to night school choosing a subject that would not be gender specific.

Get to a gym or dance class where there would be women doing the same thing... where you could chat afterwards about the same things.

If a girl you meet was more interested in how many friends you have or meeting them then I would would be most concerned. Never have I ever asked a man how many friends he has got ... meeting their friends would be the last thing on my mind until he invited me to a social function.
 jaqi
Msg: 37 (view)

Tickling...
Posted: 10/14/2012 11:38:16 AM
I hate being tickled as for the most part it just hurts as the tickler grabs your ribs or wherever. Having said that I do love have my feet tickled in a gentle way and also my back and my legs and my arms and my front and........... but the tickler has to get it right else it is just annoying and frustrating. Getting it wrong is a massive turn off getting it right and it can lead to alsorts of fun and games!
 jaqi
Msg: 13 (view)

Do you workout harder/more intense if an attractive female is around?
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:39:08 AM

But so are public co-ed gyms loaded with other people’s gross sweaty germs

So is just about any public place. It's a good thing you do not work in the health care industry or work teaching children

Or work in a prison .............. yuk! Most of the time you need a clothes peg on your nose!
 jaqi
Msg: 12 (view)

Do you workout harder/more intense if an attractive female is around?
Posted: 10/14/2012 7:35:04 AM
God I am glad I don't look so hot when I go to the gym! I would feel totally distracted if I thought the guys were getting a good eyeful!

I sometimes distract them when I am lifting heavy or doing pull ups, watching their jawdrop is highly amusing and I have to admit it's always nice to have some eye candy especially when he has a great bum and is doing squats ... now that can be very distracting ;-)

I was in the gym this afternoon doing a long haul abs ssession and I noticed at least 4 guys coming over and doing their abs and watching me but I think they were more interested in the exercises I was doing at the time as they are pretty different from the norm and I looked wrecked from a very late night dancing last night! :)
 jaqi
Msg: 37 (view)

Good Looks
Posted: 10/6/2012 12:36:31 PM
Hmmmmmm sounds an interesting read, mister themindseyes and I agree with much of what you say. Mind you the last time I was in Glasgow I was stood up! Oh that can be said for Edinburgh too! Doesn't say a lot for the guys living there does it ..... perhaps the diva 8:1 gals only became 8:1 after I left 'cos the guys obviously thought they were something else!
 jaqi

No Appetite for Good-for-You School Lunches
Posted: 10/6/2012 9:04:46 AM
My dad had an allotment and grew loads of fruit and veg, so much so that what my mum didn't cook up fresh, she either put in the freezer or used for wine making. Every time I visited I came home with frozen berries and veg and it was so tasty. They no longer can manage the allotment unfortunately but I still pick up some fresh goods from the local farm shops. My parents live in an area which grows wonderful plums and I bought some just the other day when visiting them ... the difference in taste was amazing.
 jaqi
Msg: 17 (view)

A Chocoholic Needs Help
Posted: 10/3/2012 12:50:25 PM
Hi jsphn11 seems like most people here want to replace your chocolate with chocolate .... odd thing to do but hey if it works go for it.

If it doesn't then perhaps try Brazils and NOT the chocolate covered ones either! I used to binge on chocolate and couldn't stop at one or two bars but I started having a small handful of brazils when I craved chocolate and it really took the craving away. I haven't eaten any chocolate in over 3 years and I don't miss it!
 jaqi
Msg: 22 (view)

How accurate are these scales
Posted: 10/3/2012 11:56:45 AM
I did Dino :) ;) :0 :)
 jaqi

I need some honest feedback....
Posted: 10/1/2012 9:53:39 AM
I agree with kja ... you look mean and moody and I for one never look twice at a guy who looks as though he never smiles. A massive gorgeous smile can melt the heart and is most attractive.
 jaqi
Msg: 10 (view)

Al Anon, emotional availability & older men & women...
Posted: 10/1/2012 9:45:05 AM
B_A ... it tk me ags t rd yr thrd cos ther wer 2 mny shrtnd wrds ... y cn't ppl wrte n ful thse dys!
 jaqi
Msg: 11 (view)

Good Looks
Posted: 10/1/2012 8:47:28 AM

Do you think that people in general associate good looks, with being good in bed?

Maybe younger people think this way but as you age you come to realise it isn't the case. I know that attraction is important for things to lead to a sexual relationship but 'attraction' and 'good looking' aren't always one and the same. When viewing someones photo I have to admit that I do look at the mans mouth, lips, and teeth to see if I would want to kiss them and would pass if I felt the answer was no. The eyes are also a factor in the attraction stakes but the overall look doesn't have to be stunningly handsome, just a rugged quirkiness is nice.
 jaqi
Msg: 15 (view)

Did I blow it?
Posted: 9/23/2012 11:54:42 AM
If you had done that to me you wouldn't have got a third chance. I would have thought you totally unreliable and a time waster. I bet she has had this happen to her before and she's thinking 'here is yet another one'!

If you wanted to have a date with her that badly then you would have made time ... seems to me like it isn't the right time for you to date!
 jaqi
Msg: 22 (view)

Body fat increased?
Posted: 9/21/2012 11:59:09 AM
Hello Miss, Don't get side tracked by the aguements above re grain etc ...... I agree with another poster though and that is to go by measurment and how you look in the mirror. I, too, doubt that you have increased your bf stats after losing 10lb. The way to use the body analysis machines is to not eat 12 hours before doing the test ... don't drink any coffee or caffeinated drinks beforehand as these alter the results.

Now then, it would be useful to know how much cardio and what cardio you are doing in the gym? Your profile photo shows you dancing and I suspect when you say jive you mean modern jive which if you 'walk it', as I call it, once or twice a week, then you won't be burning as many calories as you would if you were ballroom jiving or rock n roll jive.

You appear to be a good weight for your height and I would be very cautious as to how much more weight you lose. If you want to look smaller whilst maintaining your healthy weight ... instead of losing weight and starting to look skinny thin .... then I suggest you do weight training, alternating days of heavy/low reps and light/high reps. It is the only real way of shaping up, changing your body shape and toning up! People always believe me to weigh a lot less than I actually do, I am the same weight as you minus a couple of pounds but am wearing the clothes I used to wear when I was over a stone lighter!

I would definitely recommend cutting out the mars bar when you feel you haven't eaten enough calories ... a few almonds or brazils, some cottage cheese or a bit of cooked chicken would be a better choice.

Oh and don't just eat because you feel you haven't eaten enough.... only eat if you feel you need to. Do eat to live ... Don't live to eat!

Happy to give you any other help or encouragement.... just send personal message, Jaqi
 jaqi

She used the term friend, but seems interested?
Posted: 9/14/2012 7:12:16 AM
A few thoughts on this one:

She knows you from the past and so feels comfortable to give you her number and meet as friends. She has mentioned 'friends' a couple fo times and therefore she may just not wish to lead you on to be thinking there is any other reason to meet.

She may well prefer to meet as 'friends' with a view to it leading from there but if she has not given you any indication that she actually fancied you at those parties of yours, you may find that she just sees you as friend material, given that she has met you already.

Friends, relationship or just to hang out? Whatever it is she is looking for on her profile may be irrelevant as she has met you already.

The key maybe in the fact that she sent you a text saying 'whenever you want to hangout let me know?'

Personally I would tread very carefully, she may still have feelings for her ex and you could see yourself becoming too emotionally involved and head for a big fall.

If you can't resist meeting her then maybe suggest a coffee at a local cafe to 'catch up' on old times and mutual friends and then see how the land lies.
 jaqi

message problems??
Posted: 9/14/2012 6:06:52 AM
why don't you try deleting your profile and setting up another one? Just a suggestion ... it might work. Do you receive messages? I will send you one and you can let me know.
 jaqi

cancelling last minute
Posted: 9/13/2012 2:31:30 PM
I have had many last minute cancellations and also those that I have text to confirm they are still meeting that day and then had no reply for about a week! I rarely bother dating now and to be honest I'm having too much fun being very busy dancing all the time. Cancellations can be really frustrating and exceeding infuriating!

It is actually no surprise to me that some guys message me and are very surprised I am still on this site and haven't been snapped up .... well now you know the reason why! :)
 jaqi
Msg: 9 (view)

Stair sprints
Posted: 9/10/2012 1:17:20 PM
I do stair running, infact I have done two workouts at home this week that incorporated stair running since I have been on night shifts for a week and not got to the gym.

On the first workout I supersetted 2 or 3 exercises doing 3 sets/20 reps of upper body low weights and after each excercise set I did 10 flights of stairs (14 stairs) up and down. There were no rests between exercises, sets and the stair running and so it was high intensity throughout. Total flights of stairs 6o!

It is totally knackering and kills the calves but my god it makes you feel good afterwards.

Second workout I only had time for 30 flights of stairs and inbetween did plyo lower body, legs kicks, prisoner squats, lunges etc. It is a great and obviously, very inexpensive way to keep fit. I love this form of exercise and don't know why I don't do it more often!
 jaqi

Study shows Organic foods are not healthier
Posted: 9/5/2012 8:59:32 AM
For me it's mainly about taste. In my opinion, organic, on the whole, really does taste better. I love the taste of grass fed organic beef and lamb and the veg I get from the local farm shop undoubtedly tastes better. I am guessing that is partly down to it being fresher but even when I have bought in bulk and stored it in my fridge for a number of days, it still tastes so much better. The flavours are stronger and I love them. I can't always get to the farm shop and I don't always have the money to spend nearer the end of the month and so I do still eat veg and meat from the supermarket.

Talking of grass fed animals, I bought some mutton from the farm shop which was so flippin cheap but it was so tender and tastey. It reminded me of the mutton stew that my gran used to make when I was a child. I am guessing there weren't half as many pesticides back then!
 jaqi
Msg: 126 (view)

How do you define Athletic?
Posted: 9/5/2012 8:50:29 AM
I define myself as athletic because I have worked out hard to get a good muscle to fat ratio. The lighting in some of my photos show the muscle definition and some don't, just as when body builders do a show and don't put enough tan on it can lose them that first place to the next guy who has put more on even though they have the same degree of mass. That actually happened to a friend of mine last October in his first show, he was told that not tanning enough had lost him the first place!

Lighting in photos can either make us washed out and tired looking or refreshed and gorgeous just as it shows our muscle tone or not.
 jaqi

White Bread demise/Whole grain labels
Posted: 9/5/2012 8:38:40 AM
I stopped eating wheat and gluten (and dairy) about 4 years ago and haven't looked back. Getting over the intial 'what do I have instead' is the hardest part for most people and so they substitute with the wheat free variety. Not a bad thing to do because that will generally put you off eating bread full stop! I snack on nuts, pumpkin seeds etc and don't even think about sandwiches and I feel so much better for it. Wheat is in most things nowadays, tinned foods, processed foods, sauces, puds, deserts and cakes .... far too much!

I have virtually stopped reading labels as I buy mostly natural ... just as well as I almost always used to forget to take my reading glasses with me and it strained my eyes reading the small print and annoyed my daughter or the stranger next to me when I asked them to read it for me hahahah!
 jaqi

Does a man's scent/cologne do anything for you?
Posted: 9/4/2012 10:16:09 AM
I prefer the scent of a mans natural clean skin. I find that after shave/cologne etc can be quite distracting especially if I am getting intimate with the man. Nothing worse than licking and kissing a mans neck and getting that bitter taste in your mouth yuk!
 jaqi
Msg: 42 (view)

Look different in person than photos
Posted: 9/4/2012 10:11:27 AM
angel I think that your profile looks very interesting and just really needs a little tweeking. I thought your photos were lovely to be honest, very natural and appear to show what you as a person are all about. I just love that in a mans profile, it's what gets me interested. But I am a woman and I know that men and women are totally different.

Yes I can see where others are coming from when they mention changing your photos but I would keep the natural ones like the gardening and the dirty run ones because they say what you are about and that you are the kind of woman to 'give it a go'

Looking at a couple they do scream 'mumsy' so I agree with some others that have said to get a nice photo of how you would look on a date. I guess it is all very well everyone saying you should do this and that, change your hairstyle, put make-up on, flash your cleavage etc but then would the prospective dater meet the real you? Only go down that path if you feel comfortable with it. I know from reading the forums that a lot of ladies don't ever wear any make-up so only do what you feel will come naturally to you.

If at the end of the day it means you don't attract a man on here, I really don't think you are missing out... you may find your soul mate at one of the events you participate in or at your local garden centre!
 jaqi
Msg: 13 (view)

when is the best time to give up?
Posted: 9/4/2012 6:57:41 AM

she sounds amazing

We all make ourselves sound amazing... that's what us girls do!

Just tell yourself she's probably not all that amazing because she didn't reply and you truly are amazing and she has dipped out big time!

Stay positive.
 jaqi

Conversation Pleease. Someone! Anyone!
Posted: 9/4/2012 6:48:13 AM
I think you will have to start asking some open questions when you kindly reply to the short 3 word invitation message!

I get so many just the same and I think I have it in my profile I won't respond to messages like that... but I do sometimes when I am in more of a patient mood! Half the time though I don't respond with anything more than a courteous 'thank you' They soon come back with another message, adding a few extra words.

I once met a guy off here through a number of very short one liner messages and thought what the hell am I doing meeting this fella...we're going to be staring at each other blankly in deathly silence all night but we didn't...we actually talked non stop throughout the evening, he certainly proved my theory wrong!

Of course, I am not often proved wrong... I am a woman after all ;-)
 jaqi
Msg: 4 (view)

Advice need please!
Posted: 8/28/2012 7:07:18 AM
When I started reading your post I thought you were a young woman in your 20's!

45! Start by acting it and take control over your life again. Get rid of your drinking buddies and best stop drinking yourself as it is a definate spiral downwards. There are plenty of voluntary jobs out there that you could do to fill in time and gain some more experience of a different nature. Showing that you are willing to give your time to a worhtwhile charity whilst looking for a permanent job will not only look good on your cv but may open new doors for you, not only for work but also for new friends.

Think about what you are good at .... maybe gardening or something like that and then look at what jobs you could find that entail working in that area such as garden centres or perhaps volunteering to help clean up the woodlands or helping on a nature reserve.... anything that will bring you in to contact with like minded people.

Never too old to go back to college or change your career path.

Has anybody out there overcome depression or drink related problems or both?

Yes ... both and I had a career change when I was 47! Anything is possible when you don't drink, get a clear head, think positive and put your mind to it. You are half way there by acknowledging that you have issues to deal with.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!
 jaqi

pullup
Posted: 8/24/2012 2:49:29 PM
Strength and body weight ... get the balance right, oh and chuck in a heap of positive thinking and you'll be able to do a pull up. I used to go straight to the pull up bar and just kept telling myself I could do it until I did one ... then after that I just kept doing them every time I went to the gym till I was doing 7. I suffer with a weak right shoulder and I do find that pull ups aggravate it so I now just tend to do chin ups instead. I have proved to myself I can do them and that was my main goal.
 jaqi
Msg: 24 (view)

Refuses to give cell number before meeting----sign of disinterest?
Posted: 8/15/2012 12:08:16 PM
I don't like to give my number out to all and sundry but if I am going to meet a guy for a date then I like to exchange numbers prior to that. I always ask for confirmation on the morning of the meet and if it is not forthcoming, as has been the case on a few occasions, then I won't bother spending my precious time getting scrubbed up to meet them.

I get quite fed up with guys desperate to meet me and then chickening out at the last moment and not having the balls to let me know so that I could make other plans with my time. I have sometimes not received any notification from them for weeks after and then all out of the blue they will text 'hi how are you' as if you might have forgotten they did the dirty deed and let you down!

OP treat this as a meet and not a proper date as such. I don't think it is too strange her not giving her number out, we are all different and she may just be overly cautious. Remember men are from mars, women from venus, we see things very differently.
 jaqi
Msg: 47 (view)

London 2012 Olympics
Posted: 8/12/2012 11:24:41 AM

OK, OK, you gotta agree UK team started out bad. I think Mick Jagger did it. Once he showed up in the stadium, UK players started winning medals. Brits should dump Paul McCartney and pick Jagger for the closing ceremony.

I think I agree with you on this one!
 jaqi
Msg: 41 (view)

London 2012 Olympics
Posted: 8/9/2012 3:40:19 AM

Don't hold your breath for that. Host country is supposed to win 50% more medals than it normally wins. So far UK got 4 medals (ha ha ), none of them is gold.

I don't think we are doing too badly considering we don't get a whole lot of funding for our athletes ... premature bit of sarcasm on your part earthlingsRevenge, don't ya think?
 jaqi
Msg: 21 (view)

Date goes on for 2 1/2 hours or longer and yet she's still not interested
Posted: 8/7/2012 2:58:02 PM
OP you sound really negative ... 2 hours can fly by or it can drag ... if I was enjoying the conversation, even knowing that it wasn't going to lead anywhere then 2 hours wouldn't seem a long time to me. I have often met guys who I could tell within the first minute of meeting that it wouldn't go anywhere though I most times I have said that to their face so that it would give them a get out clause. Most wanted to continue the date.

Perhaps you should say to your next date that if they think it isn't going to lead anywhere they could tell you straight away as you won't be offended, so that neither of you would be wasting your time. They might appreciate that.
 jaqi

make it last longer!
Posted: 8/7/2012 2:31:48 AM
day-trader I am a proper girlie girl! ;-)

Well done to you Phil, my dance partner often finds beautiful shirts that stand out from the norm and good trousers too and most only cost him a couple of quid! Sue Ryders has a great vintage shop in the back of their regular one local to me. I could spend ages in there looking through everything and I find it really hard to walk out without spying something else that I hadn't spotted, it's very reasonably priced too.
 jaqi
Msg: 17 (view)

Would girls be cool with a foot fetish?
Posted: 8/6/2012 12:12:59 PM
My feet are up for grabs .... I love them caressed, kissed, licked, sucked ......yep I am cool with a guy who has a foot fetish ;-)

Nothing nicer than when I have danced my tootsies off all night to have them caressed and tickled to soothe all the pain away...it's a sort of pain pleasure thing!

Show ALL Forums