Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Now that we're over 30, how many of us will accept someone as they are?
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 65 (view)

Now that we're over 30, how many of us will accept someone as they are?
Posted: 2/3/2009 7:44:29 PM
In my opinion I think people (mostly women, sorry this is what I think) focus on superficial things to determine who they date. I see many women who will discount men right off the bat due to things like degrees, income levels, etc....... So no they do not accept someone for who they are.

Instead they should choose based on the persons integrity, kindness, compatibility, values, heart etc...... For instance I see people on here say people who work in certain fields are lazy or have no motivation. What if they like their job? What if their job has been outsourced and they cant find anything in their field even if they offer to work for a reduced salary or even minimum wage?

Ive been laid off work for a long time after working steady for 22 years of my life. I have moved to 3 states to look for work but Im sure people would call me lazy for not working so I do not date.

I was able to find a part time job delivering pizza before I moved out of state for a job. The manager of the restaurant said I was one of the best employees he ever had and if I ever came back and I needed a job he would hire me on the spot.

Now some people would say so what you loser but, my philosophy is if you have to deliver pizza to make ends meet make sure you are the best driver there. So in my opinion it doesnt matter to me if someone digs ditches for a living as long as they are the best ditch digger they can be and take pride in what they do.

Hope this makes sense.
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 22 (view)

GREAT START for 2009..NOT!!
Posted: 1/2/2009 12:28:44 PM
Wow, no offense but why are you so upset over someone you only met at most 2 months ago? Youre ready to give up on men for good over this???

Be thankful you met someone try having someone actually turn their back to you while trying to initiate a conversation with them lol. Thats what I get to deal with these days
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 163 (view)

When he is not ready to proposal but doesn't want to lose her
Posted: 11/12/2008 10:53:44 PM
Hey bikeman, heres from the OP for the people who have poor comprehension of what was actually said. My take is she expects him to be a mind reader. Women like to play the will he ask me to marry him game and have a set time limit that they expect the proposal without telling him. If the guy doesnt she leaves him and whines about it to her girlfriends about how hes scared of commitment.

<quote>He claims that he indeed knew that she wants family and kids. They discussed it in the early stages of dating. He felt the same. BUT she never indicated to him that she wants it with him until "the relationship talk". He sais that she never was really talking about this issue at all. He believed they both were enjoying dating and things were fine.
She claims that only recently she was able to fully realise that he is the man with whom she wants to be. And communicated it to him openly. </quote>

<quote>I am not sure but believe that may be she wanted whole 9 yards earlier and waited for few months hoping that he would propose and no any signs were there and she brought it up. But he clearly said that there was no any hints coming from her.</quote>
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 4 (view)

Relocating to Arizona advice
Posted: 10/27/2008 10:42:37 PM
Thanks UM

yeah, Scottsdale sounds like its similar to Miami or LA and that is not me at all.

So from it seems like there is really no nightlife in the other areas? (except maybe Tempe but more college based)

Where do single 30 somethings meet?

Im coming from Michigan from the suburbs outside Detroit and there are a ton of bars night clubs around here.
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 1 (view)

Relocating to Arizona advice
Posted: 10/27/2008 4:58:47 PM
Hello Im in the process of relocating to Arizona and am looking for a nice place to live.
My job will either be located in the Tempe or Gilbert area (south of FWY 60)

Im looking in the Gilbert, Tempe, Mesa,Chandler areas.

Im a single 36 year old man who likes to go out to a sports bar or night club. on the weekends.

From my visit it appears Gilbert is more family based with grocery stores and restaurants but didnt really see any bars or night clubs in the area. Drove around Mesa a little so didnt really get a feel for the area.
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 507 (view)

So please tell me...what is it with (some) men that think younger women are better???
Posted: 10/15/2008 9:38:01 PM
My reason (just mine) is because it seems like a lot of the youger women Ive met lately arent as judgemental as the women my age.

Ive hit some bad times and am in the process of trying to rebuild my life. The last thing I need right now is a woman telling me how worthless I am because Im working in some low end job to make ends meet for the time being because my job was shipped over seas. I in fact dont even attempt to find dates on here anymore because I dont need the rejection at this point of my life.

I read profiles of women my age and they have income/education stipulations while younger women are a lot more lenient. It appears to me that they can see potential and character in someone even if may have hit hard times like me. It seems like women my age have no patience for failure.

Lastly, a lot of women around where I live are overweight. Im 36 years old and play soccer against people anywhere from the age 18 and up. Im the oldest person on my team but Im probably in the best shape of my life. Im not looking for a thin woman either. My preference is average to even thick but not obese. Around here though average weight women are the ones who have the list of demands and youre automatically discarded if you dont meet their criteria.
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 2 (view)

F Buddy Ettiquette
Posted: 10/11/2008 12:47:58 PM
This has nothing to do with f buddies, This is the grass is greener syndrome. Hes keeping you around as backup. He is looking to see if he can find someone better than you.

Women do this too.
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 58 (view)

Why are women so serious.
Posted: 9/6/2008 5:18:02 PM

I will talk and go out with a girl just to get out,and so what if it does not work,your not getting married. Later....

Wow, strange Im the same way. You mean you actually would go out with a woman to get to know them and see if theres a connection? Even if you think she may not be your type?

Thats so last century
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 54 (view)

Are you afraid of a woman smarter than you?
Posted: 9/4/2008 10:00:03 AM
My ex was a really intelligent woman. She became an attorney during our relationship and thats when things changed. After that I was the loser who never went to college who didnt have any aspirations to better myself.

In actuality while I did not go to college I started in IT when companies would actually train you and worked my way up. My managers and co-workers always thought I was one of the smartest on the team(I worked with lots of people with Bachelors/Masters degrees). Also when she broke up with me (while she working as an attorney) I was making about 10k more than she was?

So this may explain why men may be afraid of smart women.
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 8 (view)

They're upset because I did NOT sleep with them
Posted: 7/28/2008 9:00:10 AM
Nothing wrong with having morals man. Had something similar happen with me and an ex. Women CANNOT handle rejection. Even though you're were being a gentleman women want every guy they're are attracted to to drool all over them and be the center of attention . You took away their sense of power and they couldnt handle it
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 43 (view)

Why do guys start dating so soon after breaking up?
Posted: 7/23/2008 8:29:10 PM
Emeral Reese

Long story, but I met her at a really bad time in my life. I was open from the very beginning of our relationship and told her I needed some time to myself to get over some things so I could give her 100%. She was away at school for 5 years and had a LTR during that time. When she graduated she moved in with me. I pretty much had a nervous breakdown because I felt guilty that I wasnt getting any better. She moved out (but we still saw each other on the weekends) but I started to recover and started to miss her. While this was going on we talked about how things would be so much stronger with us when we worked through this. During this time she apparently was looking for someone else. She came over one weekend and told me the next day that she was leaving me. A couple months later I saw her with someone new.
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 150 (view)

Why would anyone want to date you?
Posted: 7/23/2008 8:16:14 PM
It appears lately that women dont, but to quote quiz kid Donny Smith

"I really do have love to give; I just don't know where to put it."
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 27 (view)

My Fiancee Cheated on me
Posted: 7/21/2008 4:57:15 PM
Whats the acceptable relationship year range before someone must be proposed to? Is it 1 year? 2 1/2 years? 3.4 years?

Women like you scare the hell out of me. My sister and her husband dated 10 years before he proposed. Guess what theyre still married 15 years later. So dont try to place to the blame on him because they dated 11 years.
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 34 (view)

Why do guys start dating so soon after breaking up?
Posted: 7/17/2008 8:57:34 AM
My ex of 10 years was with someone a couple months after breaking up with me so its not always guys so, no generalizing please.

Also while sex is a big priority to me Im looking for a long term relationship. Ive turned down a couple women who just wanted booty calls because Im looking for something with more meaning.
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 2 (view)

Do men really care if a woman has an orgasm????
Posted: 4/30/2008 7:13:19 PM
easy
If they care about you they will care if you have an orgasm.
 eclipseIDE
Msg: 127 (view)

Profile with picture of a very beautiful woman-contact her?
Posted: 3/13/2008 1:48:19 PM
i tried contacting some women on here who I thought were pretty. just a simple hello etc etc. no one responded so Im not contacting anyone else on here

Show ALL Forums