Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Prostate Massage..
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 21 (view)

Prostate Massage..
Posted: 10/8/2011 7:52:32 PM

I've heard about this and heard it's extremely pleasurable

'It' is...butt, it's something both partners have to be comfortable with. The only thing to ease into that comfortableness, is communication. Doesn't mean a clinical discussion...usually, just a probing finger will give you an answer one way or the other if you're not comfortable enough to openly discuss it. JMO

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 14 (view)

Exclusivity or wasting time?
Posted: 10/8/2011 6:58:35 PM

In addition, and Im sure you already know this, you can not guarantee that your S/O will remain faithful..They will ALWAYS have a choice to be with someone else. You have to have trust that they will not. This really sounds like you have a few trust issues to let go of and take a risk.

Yeppers...IMO, you have trust issues, OP. Seems pretty 2-faced to me for you to question his motives, explanations, etc. while in the same breath, stating you both are still free to have sex with whoever you want.

Figure yourself out and bury your own issues, and I'm sure you'll get more definitive answers from him. From his perspective, I wouldn't go 'all in' with you either...ESPECIALLY after already having been burnt financially, in 'my' 50's and wondering how I'll ever to be able to buy my casket.

Again, (IMO) you would be better off finding someone with money...that you can trust.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 5 (view)

one word replies
Posted: 7/15/2011 10:05:34 PM
OP, is this a question about texting, or actually communicating with the guy? Like, as in on one of them old phone things or, in person?

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 12 (view)

My best friend is my ex's sister...
Posted: 7/9/2011 10:14:56 PM
Jesus Christ...if only you had loved your ex as much as you love his sister! WTF??

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 6 (view)

Would you approach..
Posted: 7/9/2011 10:10:19 PM
Other guys will understand the difference between "confidence" and "confidant" and will act AND speak accordingly...rather than try to exude their confidants upon thee. lol

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 19 (view)

Over it but still confused...
Posted: 7/8/2011 7:02:39 PM
I think he finally got tired of waiting for you to become un"separated". He may have gotten the impression "somewhere" that he mattered more than he really did. So when he pressed the issue of 'someone' getting 'something' finalized and was rebuked, he let you have it with both barrels. I know that would set me off and make it appear that I was "running hot and cold".

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

Problem with swelling in scrotum
Posted: 7/6/2011 8:18:38 PM

Epididymitis ( inflammation on the back of the scrotum/ leading to spermatic chord ) Any episode of epididymitis and urinary tract infection should be investigated with a renal/bladder sonogram and a voiding cystourethrogram to rule out structural problems.

That's EXACTLY what I was going to say...well, that and...the poor lad just suffers from a perpetual hard-on for the "community Mom".

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 3 (view)

A gift?
Posted: 7/1/2011 11:49:56 PM
So OP, you've been chatting with this Lady and have never met face-to-face?

I think anything more than flowers/candy/card/handmade relic related to her interest would kinda come across as creepy. Or, give the wrong impression...like, maybe you think if you spend cash, then she will ___________.

Just go meet her and be yourself. Find out then if she's interesting enough to you to 'splurge' on. Oh, and vice versa...what if you give her some elaborate gift and she isn't attracted to you at all? Now you've gone and laid a guilt trip on her as to whether she should accept your trinket (and the messages doing so or not entail).

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 17 (view)

Why can't guys just say what they mean?
Posted: 7/1/2011 11:37:22 PM

Does total honesty and disclosure without diplomacy, tact and concealment of some facts till the right time ever really work.

I was going to say at least once...then I just heard that Gayle has been deceiving Oprah...so, ummm, I guess no...it never works.

*poor Oprah*

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 15 (view)

Why can't guys just say what they mean?
Posted: 7/1/2011 11:06:15 PM
Solely based on your question and your profile, OP, I would say you haven't done a whole lot of introspection on why your relationships have failed. It's easier to just blame the male gender. Merely chalk it up to "men suck"...well, except for that "one" who will suddenly...someday...appear and wisk you away. (if I'm right, you will respond with an indignant reply...if not, you will explain why.)

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 11 (view)

She brings up politics in conversation, how to avoid/counter?
Posted: 7/1/2011 10:44:12 PM

Plus, I am very personal with my political (and religious) beliefs, and I rarely express them in public.

Ummm, so don't invite the media to cover your dates? Maybe?

That said, what should I do if I'm having a first date or a meetup, and my date either asks me about my affiliation, or if she mentions something that obviously has a political backdrop.

The same as if she asked you if you had a criminal record...either be honest and let the chips fall where they may, or lie/hide/decieve.

Would it be best for me to be blunt and say that I don't discuss things like that with other people, or should I try to counter the argument by changing the subject?

Last things first...how the hell is her asking your views equate to "the argument"? Man, Dude...you're walking on some pretty insecure pins and needles here. JMO

First things last...you're free to express yourself any way you wish. However, if I asked a question to someone I was on a date with to try to get to know them and their views/morals/"whatever"/etc. and they were "blunt" and told me they don't discuss things like that with other people???? Ummm, major fail and big pass. Exit stage left, even. A.S.A.P. Again, JMO.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 16 (view)

Wine
Posted: 6/30/2011 9:08:08 PM
Ummmm, I like dry reds...lol. Some awesome cabernets I've discovered in the past couple years are from South America (Argentina and Chile). I'll drink white wine occasionally and if I do, I prefer the semi-sweets like, colombard, riesling, etc. If I'm in the mood for a dry white, it's usually liebfraumilch.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 36 (view)

Bachmann..... For President 12.... Will She get your Vote?
Posted: 6/30/2011 8:44:15 PM

McCain was more like that too, but unfortunately HE chose to bow down and kiss the Bush administrations toes, right before running, as a way to get the nomination.

How so?
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 23 (view)

How do we blend lives?
Posted: 6/23/2011 9:05:55 PM

I met my ex at age 17, married him at 19 and separated at age 42. I didn't really date as an adult until I was 44. I have a lot to learn and I have no idea what a mutually respectful, loving relationship is.

Based on this, I would put less emphasis on worrying about the what-ifs of the future and start focusing on you and what it is YOU want, what you will accept, reject or compromise on and WHY. The rest is just gobble-dee-gook until you get to that point, OP. JMO.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 9 (view)

Timing vs. Honesty
Posted: 6/23/2011 8:31:59 PM

Anyways money shouldn't be an issue if a woman really likes you.

Nope, it sure shouldn't...and it "shouldn't" be an issue gender reversed, correct? Yet, the fact is, it is...from both genders, point blank.

OP, get your mind off of her and on yourself...do whatever it takes to get yourself to the point of having the self confidence (regardless of how much dough you do or don't make) to approach someone you're interested in. The issue lies within you and what you've been led to believe, have experienced, etc. There comes a time when everyone has to say, "to hell with the stats...THIS is who I am and THEY are who I WANT."

*crouches*

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

Why do so many our age set themselves up to fail?
Posted: 6/23/2011 6:00:16 PM

I know a man (a relative) who considers himself a comedian ... he LOVES all the "funny" things he says ... but it's always DARK humour, coming from what he calls his "black Russian soul" ... there is no situation that he cannot turn into negativity ... humourous at times but seriously NEGATIVE

Sam Kinneson was one of my favorite comedians. I guess, because of the extremes he went to in order to point out just this kind of thing. IMO, the OP's slant on this guy in her first post is similar but, without the humor and more tastefully worded.

Like Stray Cat said, just be glad you found out from the onset and didn't waste a bunch of time, effort and money (let alone, an emotional or sexual investment) with the guy. Posting this thread though, seems (to me) to brand OP as a little bitter or frustrated. If people truly are self-sabotaging, I'd think they would make an effort to change IF they came to that realization...if they don't come to the realization, why would they try to change? JMO.

~ds~

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 11 (view)

Telling your best friend you love them?
Posted: 6/23/2011 5:32:50 PM

I think that now I will be normal and not feeling so weird around him. I do not think it will become a relationship, but we both want to maintain our friendship!!

That's cool, OP. Just be careful. You're going to have to be on guard with your own feelings until you can reconcile completely that that's all it will ever be and that will take time and effort. Good luck!

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

Any idea why this might be??
Posted: 6/17/2011 8:49:04 PM
OP, I think your clue lies somewhere between...

is any man I date in between has either alot of baggage or clearly just want sex

and ...

I like to dress sexy

You're fishing with a particular kind of bait and only pulling up fish that your bait attracts.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

Telling your best friend you love them?
Posted: 6/11/2011 7:55:30 PM

Been friends with this guy for almost two years. He lives in another city and we have become best friends.

I would think that as a good thing based on the very first line in your profile...which either conciously or subconciously, you mentioned FIRST.

I love hanging out with him, but whenever it is time for him to return to his city we fight.

Fight about what? Are they actually "fights"? Or, expressions of frustration because of the situation/distance?

I finally had to face that I love him.

So, you faced it. What was his response when you told him? Ummm, you did tell him, right?

On one hand I feel free,

"free" from what? Your fears? Rejection? Your feelings?

but I know that our friendship will never be the same and may end all together.

You "know" it'll never be the same and might end? How do you know this? Or, is there a chunk of the story (like his side) that has been left out?

Maybe now when I date other guys they may have a chance.

Boy, lucky them. "a chance"? My, aren't we the stuck-up, little high school girl?!

I do not keep thinking 'Man I wish I was doing that with *****', but I am a little sad because I could have just lost a really good friend.

My opinion? You lost a lot more than "a really good friend". But my opinion is only based on the limited information you provided. I'm just glad I'm one of the lucky ones with a "chance" to not hear you scream his name during amorous romps or mistakingly call me *****' at any time what-so-ever.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 19 (view)

two different kindsa womens
Posted: 6/10/2011 10:49:04 PM

I know these posts have been a bit chaotic and all over the place but thats sort of where my mind is so thats how it comes out. Is it immature to actually have a crush on someone at my age?

OP (that's you), from your first post until this one...Dude...take a freakin chill pill. And I shoulda capatilized CHILL. Us guys? When we get all twitterpated, we don't know whether we're comin or goin. Sooooooo, take a step back and take a deep breath and clear your head and just think.

Okay, all set? It should be clear now.

Good, glad to of helped.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

Was just after one thing?
Posted: 6/10/2011 10:27:45 PM

we ended up having a bit of fun. We chatted in bed after and had a cuddle and a laugh. He lived a bit of a way and had to go to work the next morning so didnt stay over. I never heard from him again...

It only comes down to two things, IMO...either yes, he was only trying to get in your knickers, OR he wasn't very satisfied with what he found in your knickers...errrrr, ummmm....iow, bad sex....more than likely, horrendous sex or other major turnoff(s).

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 31 (view)

When you know you're ready...
Posted: 6/4/2011 6:25:42 PM
Thanks Cindy...Ditto!

Guess I need to clarify some facts since, in spite of my protests, this has become about 'me'. No, I didn't just come out of a relationship. The last relationship I had was with my ex-wife which ended "officially" 6/08 although it had been over before that. My absence from the forums (and the www overall) was a result of job loss. When you're scratching and clawing just to put food on the table and keep the heat/lights on, the internet and satalite TV are the first things to go.

I feel more than ready to start dating emotionally, but not financially yet. I recently landed the best position & salary I've ever had in my life. Things are looking up. However, during that long period of unemployment? Getting interviews but not landing the jobs? Hell, I couldn't even get McDonalds to hire me...umm yeah, it kind of takes the wind out of your sails and dings your confidence somewhat.

So going through what I have and having landed back on my feet has boosted my confidence and I am optimistic. I can see the presumptive nature of thread respondents is still alive and well, though. Still, it's good to be able to afford to be back. I apologize for asking such an inane question.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 31 (view)

feminazi. how do you define it and why? has it affected your dating?
Posted: 6/3/2011 7:52:56 PM

Feminazi is a term popularized by radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh.[1][2][3] Feminazi is a portmanteau of the nouns feminist and Nazi.

Funny how the wiki definition that says Rush "popularized" the term has translated in this thread that he invented the term. Reading comprehension...ever heard of it?

Per your original question, OP? How do I define it?

Those feminists who not only advocate for their cause, but also insist on punitive damages from the other 'side'.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 6/3/2011 7:19:47 PM
Those posting that all I need to do is leave the house, get out there and mingle or keep my head down riding up a hill on a bicycle don't have a clue about me or what I do in my spare time. Just sayin...
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 6/2/2011 6:25:57 PM
Thanks for your replies.

A poster stated that I’m over thinking it, which is probably true. On a recent aptitude test for a new job, I was described as “VERY detail oriented”. However, as I mentioned in an earlier reply, this really isn’t about me…although I’m starting to think it is. lol I know I’m not ready for anything serious or long term…yet. I make that clear in my profile. Sometimes you can’t argue with fate (or “divine intervention”), but how often is our soulmate/love-of-our-life/The One just dropped in our laps? IMO, it’s a process and if you’re not willing to give it your all, why the hell bother? Unless, as another poster pointed out, you are rationalizing and just want to get laid or are tired of the boredom.

I guess, the buzzwords I was hoping to hear were along the lines of, “confident”, “optimistic”, etc. Because, after the soul searching and introspection the past few years, I feel I’ve learned a lot about myself, goals, views, values, priorities, etc. Past failures, as well as, successes…lessons learned. I’ve realized what my dealbreakers are and what I’m willing to compromise on. I’m not there yet but, I think I know what I want. When I ultimately have the confidence in myself to say ‘helll yeah, bring it on’ I will begin making the all out effort. Until then though, I think I would be deceiving the woman unless our relationship views and goals were discussed at the forefront.

I know what you’re saying OutMind about the positive intervention. IMO, an equivalent relationship example would be the ‘love bank’ and ensuring we’re making more and/or larger deposits than we’re withdrawing.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 6/1/2011 8:18:12 PM

You are never "ready" for meeting that special someone...

I guess I wasn't clear in the Opost...I'm asking about one's feelings/emotions/outlooks once one decided they were ready to try .
 davidsauvignon

Posted: 6/1/2011 8:05:36 PM

That I really don't need someone.

I think that's something we realize as we get older...for the most part. Some do, some don't.

I am so happy with me, that I want to put me first, and do all the things I never did when I was younger.

IMO, many don't get to the point where they're happy 'alone'...in their own company...in their own skin, often.

You asked.

Yes , I did. From what I've understood from your post, you haven't gotten to the point of jumping on the saddle again? Or, do you have a more stoic view now?

Glad you went through the time to learn about yourself.
Are you now happy with you?

This isn't about me...it's about "you" (et. al.) and "your feelings/emotions/life experiences"
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 6/1/2011 7:29:45 PM
After a thread search, I only found questions mostly seeking advice on how to get back into dating...

So, just out of curiosity...

Your relationship ended...X amount of time has passed...you've done the introspection...you've grieved...you've (hopefully) learned and grown...you feel you're ready.

When that moment finally arises and you think to yourself, "I'm ready to hop back on that saddle and search for someone to hang out with/date/potentially end up with"...what feelings or emotions did you have during that epiphony? Were they a mixed bag? Were there "Yeah, buts" or, once the dust had settled, were you hellbent? Just wondering...
 davidsauvignon

What would you like us ladies to do, when our body language is being ignored?
Posted: 5/31/2011 4:14:19 PM
I thought the thread was going to be about the opposite...giving inviting signals/body language that goes unnoticed. Anyhooo, hard to try to get to a root cause as we're talking about several different men and each can have their own reasons for behaving the way they do. So, all we can do, is answer your question:

Try adding verbal language to your body language. "No" would stop me in my tracks.

Heheh...have you tried this body language, OP?

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

the dog
Posted: 5/30/2011 12:21:38 AM
When I was 11, I used to walk my dog around the neighborhood . A lot of girls would stop and talk to me and pet my dog and stuff. It was cool.

Just had a deja vu.
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 74 (view)

America's Single Greatest Problem as a Nation
Posted: 5/29/2011 7:11:41 PM
Sorry OP. I can't take your thread seriously.

While your attempt to paint a picture that the lies and complacency come from the right and the Tea Party, and if only we would blindly have faith in your side's doctrines and policies, we would be better off and all would be good...

While you continue to support a man that, as OutdoorsGuy pointed out on p. 1 or 2, has blatantly lied, suggests that you are as rooted in your dogma as the people you chastize. You're not at all interested in resolving any issues or problems our Country faces...you're simply interested in promoting yours and your own party's and therefore, your candidate's, agenda. Pretty thinly veiled, I might add.

*waiting to be called a racist*

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 4 (view)

why does she want to see me again
Posted: 5/28/2011 9:10:00 PM
Just keep feeding her bubble teas and you'll be good to go. WTH are "bubble teas"? Geesh, I'm getting old. I even thought about posting on that "texting" thread.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 30 (view)

need advice
Posted: 5/28/2011 3:47:53 PM
Tell him the truth, you don't feel the same way about him as he does you.
You have tried to make the long distance thing work but it does not, and you really believe that even if you lived next door to one another it still would not work out for you.

Yup. Cuz if you only give him the long distance thing isn't working for me line, he might come back with, "Yeah, I've been thinking about that and I want to look for work closer to you so we can spend more time together and make a go at this...blah blah."

No half truths, no distortions...just the truth.

At least, IMO.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 4 (view)

How to end relationship and still be friends?
Posted: 5/28/2011 3:22:44 PM

I would say she is somewhere in between a girlfriend and a friend with benefits, the feeling about this is mutual.

If this statement is true, then why the worry about how or where to tell her? It's possible she wants to find someone/thing else, too. Just be honest and tell her and it will be up to her where the two of you stand after that.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 15 (view)

What to do??
Posted: 7/29/2010 6:59:03 AM

But maybe it is over cautious because if it is true and he's just trying to get in my pants -then I will blame myself for bieng so dumb!

It's kind of a drag going through life second guessing people's motives all the time. If you met him, OP and he did change his approach or made some kind of advances, that's on him, not you. No reason to blame yourself or feel dumb about him having ulterior motives or being deceitful. Just insist on paying your own way, driving yourself, etc. so as not to send any mixed signals that he could interpret as that kind of interest. If you meet him, you'll know right away (IMO) by the way he looks at you, whether or not he flirts with you, etc.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

Going to hell in a handbasket
Posted: 7/26/2010 2:40:38 PM

Or is there another way?

I heard something about a highway once...

I heard about a lot of people (mostly men) being "blown" there. (And not in the good way...picture Platoon, etc.)

HEY, I've heard of people being "blown to kingdom come", too. Is kingdom come hell? Or is that meant in the good way? My head hurts.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 7 (view)

How long until you bring up visiting?
Posted: 7/26/2010 2:23:48 PM

I live five hours away.

I'd ask her her opinion on LDR's first and foremost. If she's opposed to them, there's no sense even getting involved.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 20 (view)

So is it normal for a guy to hook up with someone right after breaking up
Posted: 7/26/2010 1:32:05 PM

So before everyone jumps to conclusions, I'm sorry I'm not willing to share that information since it's very personal in nature and between me and him only.

When you're not able to give better details of what actually happened, how do you expect people responding to give better opinions? Hey, if it's that personal, then we'll mind our own beezwax...but just understand that what or how we respond is based on a lack of information and therefore, is pretty useless.

Shame on you for moving some guy into your kids home like this.

I guess we can't jump to that conclusion, carolann. Just because the OP says she has kids, doesn't mean they live with her or are ever in her home.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

So is it normal for a guy to hook up with someone right after breaking up
Posted: 7/26/2010 10:30:37 AM

I'm getting on with my life but yes it hurts and I would love to understand what is going thru his mind. I'm sure I never ever will.

As has already been pointed out to you on this thread and the mirror thread in another forum, if you really were that interested in understanding what is/was going through his mind, the time to discuss it was before you decided to throw a tantrum during the argument and go out with a friend. There certainly are situations where leaving the argument and distancing yourself for a while is more than acceptable and appropriate in order to clear your head, evaluate what has been said and determine if headway is being made, or not. It's quite another thing to play the passive-aggressive card and just leave the situation (especially getting together with someone else). You're essentially telling the other person that their opinion or point of view doesn't matter to you and when you can't come to an agreement or compromise, you'll just tell them to f off by bailing on them.

So yeah...from his perspective...you probably won't ever know. He more than likely figures if you really cared or wanted to know, you would have asked him before seeing him loaded up and backing out of the driveway.

Just forget him, OP, take your relationship lumps from this one, learn and move on. Quit dwelling and trying to justify your actions. You need to own them just as he needs to own his actions.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 51 (view)

Just rolled out of bed look
Posted: 7/26/2010 9:23:47 AM

I ususally ask the guy what he is wearing, so I can be casual like he is, so no one is over or under dressed..

Holy smokes!!! Someone who actually communicates with the person they've been getting to know and are going to meet? I like that concept...a LOT!

OT: I could handle the OP's criticism of my choice of attire. However, if she said it with the attitude displayed on this thread, I couldn't. I'm 48 and don't handle being spoken to with a condescending tone like I'm a child too well.

Maybe we can just chalk it up to another's expression of frustration like any other day around here. People who take an attitude like that about a wrinkled shirt, though? Not for me. JMO.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

over 45 men and marriage???
Posted: 7/14/2010 5:34:37 AM

I want love, tenderness, knowing someone loves me and will be there next to me.

Nothing different than what most men desire. I will offer you one more possible explanation, though. Based on your screen name and stating that you still have kids living with you, a lot of guys will keep on searching for someone who will put them and the relationship first. Especially, if they've already been in relationships where they were designated or treated as less than an equal.

You want love, tenderness and someone to be there next to you...but with kids and their needs, attention, personalities, attitudes, schedules, etc. a lot of men (particularly our age) already know that those things will only be shared at your convenience which kind of detracts from the 'equal partner' kind of thing. It doesn't mean they hate kids or anything...just that they are less willing to 'settle' for a relationship like that.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

What's with this new relationship history question?
Posted: 7/9/2010 2:03:47 PM

I thought the "intent" question was a little redundant considering there's already the "Dating/Long Term/etc" box. But this question is downright NOSY. Get rid of it!

No kidding...that's why I lied when answering it.

I've have a wonderful relationship with the members of my family and I'm 46 and still counting, so what does that tell you?!?

Yup, and that's exactly how I explained my lie on my profile.

I guess it needs to be said yet again ...you get what you pay for.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

A $10 tip for an advertiser.
Posted: 7/9/2010 8:22:23 AM
Isn't it a sad commentary on our society that we've reached the point of questioning generosity, kindness and good deeds? Wondering what angles and motives people have for doing something good. Don't get me wrong, *we* need to be wary with the way things are...in most places, not everywhere...kinda sad, though.

So Rush, do you spin and toss the sign around? Where it's kind of an entertaining, eye-catching show? Some of those people are pretty good at it. So much so, that I'm sure they've caused some accidents.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

Angle,Fiorina,Paul,Greene I'm falling in love with the GOP strategist
Posted: 7/9/2010 7:00:15 AM

I saw an interview with Greene (not just the hit piece put out by the Daily Show). Clearly he's not a practiced public speaker. In fact he's pretty clearly not comfortable in front of a camera. But he's not the mental defective that Jon Stewart portrayed him to be. Greene explained his success by saying that he went door-to-door talking to the voters rather than having rallies, press conferences, and commercials. He apparently received no corporate funding so I don't think he's going to be in the pocket of the corporations (unlike everyone else that was running). Greene is exactly the kind of political outsider that the people have been demanding. But they'll probably vote for the corporate whore instead.

One thing I have to say about Alvin Greene...he's definitely original. This is what he came up with the other day for creating jobs:

"Another thing we can do for jobs is make toys of me, especially for the holidays. Little dolls. Me. Like maybe little action dolls. Me in an army uniform, air force uniform, and me in my suit. They can make toys of me and my vehicle, especially for the holidays and Christmas for the kids. That's something that would create jobs. So you see I think out of the box like that. It's not something a typical person would bring up. That's something that could happen, that makes sense. It's not a joke."

I dunno...when you have to finish your dialogue with "it's not a joke"...umm, yeah.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

Justice Dept vs. Ariz. -- Fed'l Lawsuit
Posted: 7/9/2010 6:35:10 AM

I understand what you are saying, but this law allows for too much personal bias of police officers, any excuse could be used if they wanted to harrass someone.

Have you read this law? If so, it would be nice for you to indicate what specific sentence, paragraph or section you feel "allows for too much personal bias of police officers".

This law specifically states that law enforcement cannot use race as probable cause and that the civil rights of citizens are to be protected. It also states that officers who violate that aspect, are not protected from lawsuits arising from that sort of misconduct. I think this is a little off topic though, since the suit filed by Obama/Holder purposely declined to raise the issue of civil rights and went strictly for questioning the supremacy clause and usurping federal authority. On those grounds, I believe the law is going to be held as constitutional.

As to the issue of this case wasting taxpayer's dollars, I couldn't agree more. Instead of wasting that money filing this action, Obama should have waited on the outcomes of the other half dozen suits already filed against Arizona. As others have already pointed out (although against Arizona's lawmakers), making a political statement and trying to garner the votes of a certain race of citizens is more like the reason this case was filed (political posturing). IMO, of course.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

Justice Dept vs. Ariz. -- Fed'l Lawsuit
Posted: 7/8/2010 7:09:02 AM
OP, however the case is decided doesn't really matter because both sides will appeal it to the Supreme Court (IMO).

I am somewhat baffled though, why Obama is suing Arizona. Missouri passed similar illegal immigration crackdown laws (HB1549) in July 08 while Rhode Island's 287g program (passed in March 08) essentially mirrors the Arizona law in terms of state law enforcement determining immigration status and cooperating with ICE.

What baffles me even more however, is the fact that the Massachusettes State Senate in May of this year voted to approve their budget with amendments cracking down on illegal immigrants and denying them publicly funded housing, health care, education, etc. It passed with a vote of 28-10. Twenty three of those Senators are Democrats (there's only 5 Republicans out of 40 in the Mass. Senate). Where was the outrage? Why aren't the usual groups calling the Massachusettes Senate a bunch of racist, bigots? Why isn't the MSM covering this? Why hasn't Obama, Holder and Napolitano publicly denounced Missouri, Rhode Island or Massachusettes laws as being "misguided"? Just wondering.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 7 (view)

School taxes
Posted: 7/7/2010 9:15:48 AM

YOU refuse to pay school taxes....and the kids get to REFUSE to pay YOUR Social Security payments when you're due them.

But, but, but...I thought *we* paid our own SS taxes throughout our working lives for *ourselves*. *We* are collecting what we graciously "invested" for the government to hold for us until we retire. What any of us get for SS is based on what we earned, not what your kids earn...at least that's how they sold it. But, because it is the government afterall, they manage SS as effectively as anything else. Whatever happened to that ol' "lockbox"?

~ds~
 davidsauvignon
Msg: 27 (view)

I'm not that big into reality TV, most of it's like a train wreck, but it IS TV.
Posted: 7/7/2010 6:52:50 AM

Both were “historical reality” programs

That reminded me of a couple of others I've seen. First, was Kid Nation where a bunch of kids were placed in an 'old west' style town and they had to create their own society. The other was a few of families in Montana (I think) that had to live like pioneers, etc. Don't remember the name of it.

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

Lil Advice please.
Posted: 7/2/2010 10:43:22 AM
OP, I think your username suits you. You seem like an authentic, caring person who isn't here whining, but actually soliciting advice and opinions. Kudos, young man.

As far as:

Flying perfectly high and steadily then all of a sudden an intense vertical drop

You won't know if it was so much a vertical drop or just some bumpy turbulence until you talk to her about it some more and clarify what you meant. Sounds like you're already planning on doing that, though, so I guess all I can advise is, just be yourself. Either way it goes, you'll always feel better knowing you were just being yourself. Good luck, OP.

If it's not asking too much, can you come back and post how it went after you talk to her? Not being nosy...I just like to read the whole book, not skip the last chapter. lol

~ds~
 davidsauvignon

Do You Ever Talk To Profiles?
Posted: 7/1/2010 11:22:18 AM

Yes :) You're not alone.

Gawd, finally!

Hmmm, I don't know Tall. Was Meg actually talking to the screen, or was that for the benefit of the audience to know what she was writing?

I hear ya, pianoman!

*crouching under my desk*

Show ALL Forums