Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What do 50+ men want?
 rearguard*2
Msg: 1217 (view)

What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 2/2/2017 12:53:00 PM
Heard about Joe Beef but have not been. Supposed to be quite good.

Too cold and icy out this way to go there after morning sex...:(
 rearguard*2
Msg: 1214 (view)

What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 2/2/2017 11:17:24 AM
Mother always said the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. More than a grain of truth there!
 rearguard*2
Msg: 1209 (view)

What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 2/2/2017 11:02:08 AM
^^^ I'm in LOVE!!!
 rearguard*2
Msg: 152 (view)

Has the Women's March affected your relationship?
Posted: 2/2/2017 10:58:17 AM
Mostly I thought the Women's March reflected the rather disturbing deterioration of the US social fabric and how many women down there are suddenly fearful of the loss of the progress that they have struggled to achieve over the last hundred years. What I found singular is the magnitude of the participation and the fact that US border people felt that preventing protesters from Canada from attending was justified.

I continue to be amazed that so many people in the world think it right and proper to treat women as second class members of society. Unfortunately, it does appear that people who hold that view are in the great majority of human beings. Its almost like most people are completely unaware of what women are here for and what they are actually like.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 1207 (view)

What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 2/2/2017 10:46:52 AM
Morning sex! Really!!!

Personally, I look for someone who can whip up a nice cream style soup on a cold Winter's day....
 rearguard*2
Msg: 96 (view)

Is there any way to address a potential boyfriend's cheapness?
Posted: 1/19/2017 10:41:34 AM
Sorry! I still think of FFS as Deb from Australia...
 rearguard*2
Msg: 93 (view)

Is there any way to address a potential boyfriend's cheapness?
Posted: 1/18/2017 7:36:13 AM
FFS? Have not seen her in years. Changed her handle?
 rearguard*2
Msg: 14 (view)

Spammers
Posted: 1/18/2017 7:24:10 AM
Mostly I find the spammers hilarious. Its easy to spot the fake profiles. Google image search is a basic check, but you can also pick up a lot from the time messages are sent. If you get stuff from 3:00 AM, it most likely means they are in a different time zone.

Usually the phone scammers I string along for a while. Waste their time.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 42 (view)

Increasing your chances to date someone with high education level
Posted: 1/18/2017 7:16:26 AM
Never really had a girlfriend without a college degree, most with masters, except when I was in high school. Then, I went out with a girl who had not even graduated from high school. Worked out fine for me.

Got nothing against people who are not "highly educated". Just never met any to date for some reason. Social circle, I presume.

Never found educated women to be anything but interesting.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 20 (view)

Increasing your chances to date someone with high education level
Posted: 1/12/2017 1:07:28 PM
Want to improve you chances of getting a date?

Don't do the following things:
1) Spend time on internet dating sites.
2) Go home at night and watch TV or internet videos.
3) Become a gym rat and pump iron 5 days a week.
4) Use a cell phone everywhere.
5) Worry about what others might think about your accent, height, girth, face, clothes,....

Do the following:
1) Pay attention to what others say in a conversation you may have..
2) Place the care of yourself in the hands of others.
3) Let your Mother know you want a mate.
4) Fill your spare time with events where there are crowds of people you can talk to.

In NYC and most major cities there are lots of events where lonely educated women spend their time wishing they would meet someone. Just be open and let it happen.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 171 (view)

Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/10/2017 9:30:47 AM
I have to say that while tattoos can be very nice on a younger woman, I have seen them on older women for whom the skin has deteriorated with age, and the tattoos look considerably less appealing to me on them. In any event, I have never personally dated anyone with a tattoo, mainly because the occasion has never arisen.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 167 (view)

Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 1/9/2017 12:44:19 PM
If God wanted us to have tattoos, He would have imprinted an SKU on our foreheads!

Ooops! He did. Its called you DNA!
 rearguard*2
Msg: 96 (view)

Old Pictures
Posted: 1/9/2017 6:11:59 AM
More and more I come to see that people understand what they read in terms of their own preconceptions and motivations. Makes it very hard to communicate anything to people you don't really know.

While I am aware that everyone reacts differently to the physical aspects of appearance, I do believe that for every case of deplorable behaviour like the one cited by HS above, there are many more out there where love triumphs all. My personal experiences have certainly reflected that view.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 93 (view)

Old Pictures
Posted: 1/8/2017 2:14:35 PM
Well, I did not imply anything about what you stated. I certainly do not think that people come to care less about physical appearances with time. Whit I said was that people tend to pay less attention to the familiar than they do to the novel. It why people get traffic tickets when signage or configurations change on the roads they habitually use. This has to do with known and proven human behaviour, and has nothing to do with whether people care about things.

The caring issue is simply proven. You love your mate, they are scarred in a bad accident, you don't stop loving them (usually), and you stop thinking about their appearance and concentrate on how they make you feel.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 91 (view)

Old Pictures
Posted: 1/8/2017 6:56:51 AM
What I learned from long term participation on various chat/forum sites is that one eventually discovers what the participants actually look like. Early on, the pics are carefully selected to be flattering, often dated and completely unrepresentative of the person. Later, as personal confidence grows and the relationships with the fellow forumites grows, people start posting pictures that actually look like themselves. In the long run, what people look like becomes disconnected from their personality on line, and they stop posting pictures entirely. Its pretty much the same in real life. You don't really see what your friends and partners look like after a while, and you don't appear to really care about physical appearance.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 180 (view)

Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?
Posted: 12/20/2016 10:43:30 AM
I would think that Heaven is the ultimate leftist paradise, can't really decide on the political position of Hell. I only wonder if either place has WiFi. If neither, whatever will I do for all eternity without a message board to pass the time? I suppose the being an atheist sort of solves all those issues. Dead people have no politics and atheists would have no afterlife.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 161 (view)

Posted: 12/17/2016 6:02:31 AM

You should date. It's a limited pool of Trump daters.

Ha,ha,ha....

Sorry, but I am strictly hetero...no interest in dating the Donald at all.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 157 (view)

Posted: 12/16/2016 2:13:34 PM

I never took you seriously because you are full of shit.

Deaf, blind, dumb, uncomprehending.

You are delusional

You vote an unqualified person

I suspect you are just a commonplace idiot

Lots of content there! From reading your history I could certainly go on for several pages. No doubt about it, you are a real peach.

Who cares?

Obviously, you care.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 150 (view)

Posted: 12/16/2016 7:28:54 AM
If there was ever a clear attempt to "silence" people with opposing views, its her rant. Too bad she has no actual knowledge of the people she is trying to shout down.

In terms of who I would date, she is a pretty good example of who I would not want to spend any time with. I do, distinguish, however, between someone with different political views and someone who is simply a bigot.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 147 (view)

Posted: 12/16/2016 4:37:28 AM
^^^^ Well, I have lived all my life as a member of a minority in a place when discrimination against my minority is the vigorous norm at all levels of the local society. Its based on language, religion and even where you happen to live, and is institutionalized, legalized, and socially manifest. Its a place where your name matters.

You are likely a better fit to the stereotypes of your rant. I can only conclude that you have read nothing of the analyses of the US election results which showed, amongst many other things, that the US media did indeed "silence" what you call the "whites", and that large segments of other segments of US society like "blacks", "Hispanics" and "College Educated Women", whatever those labels mean, voted for Trump.

You certainly don't know anything about my life experiences, and I would suspect you have no interest in anything outside of your own personal issues.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 144 (view)

Posted: 12/15/2016 9:38:14 AM
The phenomenon of Trump is part of a fairly global movement in the West towards a reaction to the drift of the liberal philosophy towards increasingly marginal issues in society. While I can certainly say I would generally prefer a liberal view of the world, its pretty clear that the public discourse and the political dialog are currently dominated by issues that directly affect increasingly small and peripheral aspects of society, while at the same time there is less and less discourse about the issues facing the mainstream of society. Liberal social engineering unfortunately has moved into a mode of imposing on the bulk of the population laws and policies which affect things that most people never encounter, while demonstrating complete impotence in the face of bread and butter issues. Of course, a reaction was inevitable, and of course it is a reaction that appears to be as unnecessarily extreme to the liberals as the plunge of liberalism into the abyss of special interest legislation.

Its a simple example of the old hierarchy of needs.model of modern psychology. People who don't know how to pay the rent and feed the kids with security don't want to hear about LGBTQ+ issues, and frankly don't really care much about anything beyond their own survival. Yes, the planet may be endangered over the next decades by carbon pollution, but if the local plant shut down and you can't buy food, you probably couldn't care less.

It is depressing that the reaction to what are commonly perceived as liberal excesses is the election of Donald, and it will be a disaster for many important advances in social justice that liberalism has brought. It is, however, directly the fault of liberals themselves caused by their lack of balance between liberal ideals and the basic needs of the silent and silenced majority.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 142 (view)

Posted: 12/15/2016 7:38:34 AM
I am not so sure that a person's political or religious views are as important as whether a person is prepared to respect the views of others and avoid trying to change the other person's views to their own. I am not religious and have had good relationships with others who are seriously religious. I tend to be liberal in my own views, but I do think that in many areas liberalism has gone way beyond what is either reasonable or sane.

If you are a campaigner, you probably won't get along with me, unless you can respect my views and accept being with someone who is different from you.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 43 (view)

SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/9/2016 5:37:12 AM
Women can have great bodies at any age, but I can still pick out the 20 year olds from the 40 year olds from the 60 year olds. Don't recall the bikini pics, althought there was local woman with such pics who was clearly the age she claimed to be.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 41 (view)

SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/8/2016 5:04:26 PM
Oh, I don't think they are very sophisticated at all. The most recent one that I found claimed to be from a place here that is 99% French speaking, yet the profile was all English with would just never happen in that place. Duh! Not only that, the profile pic was a woman wearing a see through dress on a 30 year old body while claiming to be 58 years old. While there are a lot of good looking women out there near 60, I have yet to see any posting pics flashing their body parts.....
 rearguard*2
Msg: 39 (view)

SCAMMERS
Posted: 12/8/2016 6:11:08 AM
I figure POF is getting a lot better at detecting scammers. Lately a couple of too good to be true profiles popped up on my matches list, only to vanish within 24 hours. The scammers are obviously not too good at generating fake profiles.....

Either that, or its their method of creating a fake profile, get a few offline contacts, then delete the profile.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 27 (view)

Pre-nuptial agreements and how they apply to mature relationships
Posted: 11/29/2016 3:01:05 PM
Well, I can't say that I agree with your ladder view of relationships. I think that successful relationships are intrinsically creative endeavours that depend on the motivations of the people involved. Granted that each person may well perceive some benefit to themselves in the relationship, and that may drive their motivation at least in the early stages, but I think that both parties create, or try to create, their own version of heaven within the relationship, and any perception of hierarchy declines in importance.

What you value is what is created, which is the result of the separate motivations of the partners to the relationship.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 18 (view)

SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/29/2016 11:39:47 AM
We abandoned punishment for crimes about 2 centuries ago and replaced it with a system of micro-management that prescribes an infinitely fine array of penalties that are supposed to balance the pain against the crime. Its all a make work project that we (collectively) feel is more humane that the 3 historical punishments of humiliation, chastisement and death. Of course, we have also vastly expanded the range of criminal behaviour to feed the hugely expanded judicial system and those who depend on it for a living. Today we have all kinds of crimes with no victims, like drug possession, the criminalization of which has had virtually no effect on anything except taxation levels.

Unfortunately, the minute details of any crime do matter. Worse, its evident from the false conviction rate, that knowing what actually happened is very difficult.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 13 (view)

SCAMMERS
Posted: 11/29/2016 9:07:01 AM

Who is Karla?

Karla is a lovely young woman who murdered her sister and another woman with her sometime boyfriend, lied about her involvement, managed to get a deal from the courts before evidence hidden by her legal team came out, served he sentence, changed her name, and lives happily in the suburbs with a new husband and children.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2016 9:02:30 AM

would think you are old enough (experienced) to understand that "looks" themselves is not the most important thing in a relationship

Indeed I do think you have a point, however, I do not believe that attraction, which is entirely a personal trait, can be excluded from the parameters of a new relationship. I doubt that anybody goes after someone they find unattractive, although the attraction may be something more than purely physical.

If someone is physically attractive, whatever that may mean, I would suspect that they would receive a larger number of offers than someone who is not. Hence, if they are somehow determining that these offers are all unacceptable, can they be really looking for a relationship? Generally in life you are not really exposed to that large of a population of suitors, and it typically does not take more than a few months to connect if that is what you are looking for.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 11/29/2016 6:00:45 AM
If you are going to marry, make certain she is worth more than you are. No problem with a divorce.

Its all about money, you know!

One question popped into my mind: If you notice people on a site like this for many years who say they are actively looking for a relationship, and they appear to be reasonably attractive, can they really be looking for a relationship? Strikes me that is should take less than 5 years to find someone to cuddle up with at night.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 52 (view)

REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/24/2016 9:49:39 AM
Oh, okay. I had not realized what an insulting individual she is. I have not been the object of her affections in the past. Thanks for the heads up.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 50 (view)

REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/24/2016 8:13:03 AM

I don't think you've been paying attention very well.

Well, I do realize there is a lot of not quite kosher stuff that goes on on this and other sites, but Baby's comment implies I am some kind of pervert and wierdo, which will undoubtedly tarnish my otherwise good reputation, probably irretrievably. There are quite a few people who have known me over the years, and none of them would have reason to utter a slur like that.

Lies about age, weight, height, education, location, interest, and phony pictures only hurt the people who engage in such stuff. Slandering someone else is entirely at another level. Anyone who would do such a thing should really be blacklisted from the site, IMO.

At the very least, it shows that they are really and truly unconscionable liars and deserve no respect.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 47 (view)

REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/24/2016 7:16:33 AM

He sent me pics too, but they weren't of his face :

That is a complete boldface lie, Baby. Makes me what kind of a wierdo you actually are. I have never been in contact with you in any way.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 40 (view)

REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/23/2016 7:29:16 AM
Oh dear! It appears that POF has implemented XSS cross site scripting on the login page! Big borther is watching.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 53 (view)

Who is the moron who puts the random pics of women up on top of the message page?
Posted: 11/21/2016 12:56:30 PM
Actually, the pics are quite random unless you log in. Amazingly, POF can't tell your sex or preferences if it doesn't know who you are. A real limitation.

On the other hand, if you do log in, all you get are the pics of those you already dated and were rejected by.....
 rearguard*2
Msg: 30 (view)

REJECTED!!!
Posted: 11/21/2016 12:23:12 PM
So, a while back I was chatting casually with a woman when she asks for my pic. Well, I sent one. Immediately she replies don't contact me again, and deletes all the communications we had already rung up. Never said why.

I wasn't really devastated, just amazed. My pic wasn't that bad....
 rearguard*2
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 11/4/2016 11:59:50 AM
I suppose it depends on the local laws. Pretty well everywhere in Canada, except Quebec, common law is recognized and as little as 3 months is sufficient to affect pension entitlements and asset division. I can't speak for the US, but a lot of our ideas about "fairness" in marriage and relationships do originate down that way.

I too have experience with this situation...
 rearguard*2
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 11/4/2016 7:59:54 AM
Well, many women and men are quite happy to split up and leave the assets of their ex alone, but that is not always the case, and in many places the laws are quite specific about community of property. Unfortunately, the risks are enormous, and regardless of the law, a judge may impose settlements that are a reflection of the personal views of the judge, something that can strip you of a lot of your assets. Most really wealthy people go for pre-nups of one sort or another to avoid being impoverished by the legal system.

You should be aware that simply living with someone for a few months will expose you to legal liabilities, and if you are a relatively normal person in the economic sense, the legal costs to defend yourself may themselves be unaffordable.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 26 (view)

Email addresses as last poster?
Posted: 10/31/2016 11:03:06 AM
Looks like the series is available on the TBS web site until tomorrow...
 rearguard*2
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 10/31/2016 10:49:04 AM
Yeah, well, when I was about 45 someone came to the door and asked if I was my son's grandfather. Really, I didn't look that bad...
 rearguard*2
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 10/31/2016 10:46:54 AM
Go to www.tvfool.com and get the channel reception plot for you location. You may be able to get everything you want for free, except the "specialty" channels like porn and some sports...
 rearguard*2
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 10/31/2016 10:37:45 AM
You might ant to look at over the air broadcasting. Most places have good free broadcast coverage. Some people I know get 80 channels near major urban centers.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 10/31/2016 10:35:27 AM

suggestions welcome on how to tape programs on cable.

Well, if you have a VCR that still works.....
The other option is to use a computer and most channels have web sites with the most recent shows available for viewing.
Also, some cable boxes have composite video output you can record directly on a VCR.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 10/31/2016 9:48:30 AM
If you are actually seeing email address on the forums main page, something is seriously wrong. This should never happen. That would be a security disaster and would be a cause for really worry if the site gave a darn about the forums, which it doesn't.

Anyway, its not a good idea to use your actual e-mail on a site like this. Get a junk mail drop address from somewhere and use that on internet sites.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 1095 (view)

What do 50+ men want?
Posted: 10/26/2016 5:57:52 AM

Somewhere I read that for every single senior man there were like 3 single women....tough odds.

Yep, that is about my own experience. Its wonderful, actually....

However, a lot of the women are not particularly interested in starting up a new deep relationship with a man. They simply had enough with the last go round.

Of course, the same goes for a lot of men....
 rearguard*2
Msg: 199 (view)

Unread/Deleted
Posted: 10/25/2016 6:17:59 AM
Honestly, I feel sorry for women. I don't find men to be particularly attractive, and yet women appear to have strong opinions about male attractiveness. I really don't know why all women are not lesbians....
 rearguard*2
Msg: 67 (view)

you can find love in your 80's or 90's
Posted: 10/24/2016 12:06:33 PM
^^^ Depens....
 rearguard*2
Msg: 65 (view)

Posted: 10/24/2016 11:51:32 AM
Well, I can be soggy at times. With the hard rain we had over the weekend, I confess that I got soggy while out getting things set up for Winter. I dried out in front of the fire however. Worth it all, actually....nothing like stripping off your socks and warming the soles of your feet in front of the hearth, while drinking a hot toddy or two....

I did not think women still wore panty host. I doubt that men invented them, as getting them off a woman was always much more trouble than in the earlier days when women wore stockings and garters....

We men are dumb, but we do have our priorities straight.

Well, one priority, anyway.
 rearguard*2
Msg: 63 (view)

Posted: 10/24/2016 11:30:20 AM
^^^ Yes, I read your profile....unless you are into 4 inch heels, I am tall enough. Not tepid nor greasy, however...
 rearguard*2
Msg: 61 (view)

Posted: 10/24/2016 11:16:05 AM
I have never gone on a dutch treat date with a lady, but if you feel that letting me pay would cause you to feel the need to somehow compensate me for your big mac, feel free to express your independence by not showing up. I could not live with myself if a woman I invited out paid for my dinner. To my way of thinking, the pleasure is always mine whether or not there is chemistry.

Show ALL Forums