Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Random Musings - Talk About Everthing
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 625 (view)

Random Musings - Talk About Everthing
Posted: 1/21/2019 2:49:33 AM
Wrighty (Bryan) I'm up there later - have dropped you message with my mobile number.

Sorry to hear that Vlad. You're still alive though and that's the most important thing. i suffered badly from depression, I hesitate to say I'm cured but I am much better. I di the mindfulness course a few times, bought he books, watched the videos etc. Jon Kabat-Zinn, who is a bit of a hero to many of us, said in one of his talks, "if you wake up breathing, you're doing well". Makes sense as that's where it all starts.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 622 (view)

Posted: 1/19/2019 3:38:21 AM
Interesting article in the Guardian about wealth managers and their clients - you can see it in the link below but I like this bit............

As Lane and Harburg put it in the libretto of the musical Finian’s Rainbow:

When a rich man doesn’t want to work

He’s a bon vivant, yes, he’s a bon vivant

But when a poor man doesn’t want to work

He’s a loafer, he’s a lounger

He’s a lazy good for nothing, he’s a jerk

When the wealthy are revealed to be drug addicts, philanderers, or work-shy, the response is – at most – a frisson of tabloid-level curiosity, followed by a collective shrug.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/19/billionaires-wealth-richest-income-inequality?CMP=fb_gu&fbclid=IwAR0dwPOI7JlsyDFkM7BMiaK8lzBxSvsZeewdNnXASRPuNrOmlkQdGvzb_nI
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 2 (view)

Over 30's SINGLES/PARTY NIGHT on 30th January at LE CHIC, BOURNEMOUTH
Posted: 1/19/2019 1:10:22 AM
You need to contact the events administrator to get this moved and announced - details at the top of this page under "event rules".

Otherwise, there is no one here to see your announcement.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 2 (view)

PE1 1YN
Posted: 1/19/2019 1:10:04 AM
You need to contact the events administrator to get this moved and announced - details at the top of this page under "event rules".

Otherwise, there is no one here to see your announcement.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 7 (view)

Dating advice. It's been a while!
Posted: 1/18/2019 1:13:20 AM
Isss ethat Pof is advertising on fcebook now. You can download their app too. Woohoo!
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 13 (view)

What is so bloody difficult about running a country?
Posted: 1/18/2019 1:12:19 AM
As long as you promise to cancel H2S

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 775 (view)

Brexit? A coup de grace?
Posted: 1/16/2019 1:52:18 AM
Now what?

That is historically the largest defeat by a sitting government by a long margin. Essentially two thirds of the parliament voted against May. (202 for - 432 against) I think the previous largest one was by 100 votes and that was wy back in the 1920s.

Corbyn is pushing for a general election but as a supporter of anyone getting rid of May, what bloody difference would it make? The EU are not about to be pushed around and Corbyn's only idea seems to be to try to do that.

So the options are that May survives a confidence vote, in which case she is going to do precisely what? The EU will extend the article 50 but only for a political process and not to reopen negotiations.

So effectively we are right back to where we always were, IMHO as JV would have said, 1) stay in the EU 2) accept the current deal 3) crash out on WTO terms
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 5 (view)

Dating advice. It's been a while!
Posted: 1/16/2019 1:40:37 AM
Definitely creepy.

Bunny, those women are probably massively in love with you it is just they arn't free to follow up on the deal!
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 209 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 1/14/2019 3:12:13 AM
Thanks guys. Wrighty the plan is still the same but things can change, I'll let you know if they do. Out of interest, once I've passed my final exam, I can teach on any vehicle I have a licence for apparently. So I could go get myself a PSV licence and teach bus drivers but somehow I don't think I'll bother. It probably means though that I can teach 7.5 tonne and B&E?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 206 (view)

Change of life
Posted: 1/12/2019 2:35:21 AM
Anyway, an update. I had my last lesson on Monday and got all the paperwork signed to apply for my trainee licence. So from a week on Monday I shall be probably the oldest trainee driving instructor in the UK :-)

Got a new car coming a week on Monday, a 3 day course up Wrighty's way that week and then looking for a few victims from about the 25th!

Ah but it doesn't all end there! I have 3 days being observed by a senior instructor in the next few months then a test by a DVSA examiner n about 4 months.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 54 (view)

Is the right to free speech ending in America?
Posted: 1/12/2019 2:28:52 AM
Yes but those Southerners worried about a race war were happy as long as whites reigned supreme. The end game they sought was to maintain the status quo and let's face it. reserve free speech only for white people.

I do understand your other points but can't agree for one second. There are far too many of us who have believed the tripe force fed to us over the years. And there are too many people only too willing to listen to these idiots. We've just had a case where a couple have gone to prison for various terrorist activities and who named their children Adolf and Eva.

We've still idiots who maintain the earth is flat (some of them have hired a cruise ship next year to prove it) and others who deny the holocaust. The first don't matter, the second cannot be allowed to spread such nonsense which could cause harm.

On a personal basis, I run a large social group. we have a zero tolerance for racism, gayism (if that's a word) etc. I'm comfortable with that.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 52 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2019 1:16:22 AM

However, you can go round saying that "I think all ____ people are stupid" all day long, without suffering legal ramifications, as long as you are not threatening to harm them.

But this is exactly the sort of stuff where it all started back in the 1930s. All ???? are dirty, money grubbing, evil people who prey on the ????? people!
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 614 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2019 1:11:44 AM
Fibre, Vlad, fibre.

New research has just ditched the low carb diet in favour of high fibre diet.

That's fresh fruit, oats, muesli, bananas, whole grain bread and pasta, baked potatoes with skins on.

You need 30g of fibre a day to do you good and extend your diet.

A banana has 3 g.

Enjoy your new diet
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 773 (view)

Brexit? A coup de grace?
Posted: 1/10/2019 1:47:58 AM
I see that Theresa is now asking for help from Labour MPs and is prepared to listen to John Mann's plan to strengthen workers rights.

Meanwhile Corbyn is saying the only way to resolve this is a general election. When we don't know what your plans would be Jeremy I really don't see what you think could be resolved, it would be just like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Over in other news. Jaguar Land Rover are planning to lose 5000 jobs in the UK apparently it is all Brexit's fault.

It has nothing to do with the fact that 90% of their cars are diesel and that subject was and is being supremely badly handled by this government meaning that everyone is running scared of buying a new diesel car.

Nor is it the fault of the Chinese where JLR's sales have fallen by 50%.

Nor is it the fault of JLR (and the EU) opening a new factory in Slovakia (where labour is cheaper) with 4000 new jobs there.

Nope - just Brexit.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 1/10/2019 1:34:31 AM
You misunderstand what we in Europe are trying to do. We are addressing racism head on and have made it unacceptable. Most people in Europe agree with this stance. Compare and contrast with America - it might be fine to insult people based on their race their but it is not the way we want to live.

Similarly for sexism and religious intolerance. Why should a woman not be able to walk the street without being whistled at and suffer cat calls?

The article you refer to suggests that the police are routinely involved in nvestigating such crimes. That's not the case at all, it is exceptionally rare.

I feel our society has become more tolerant since my youth and is a better place to live than previously because of these actions by our government.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 769 (view)

Brexit? A coup de grace?
Posted: 1/8/2019 5:18:04 AM
I wish I could write this well..................

Finally we have a confirmed use for Chris Grayling. He is the government’s secret weapon to make even the most incompetent and second-rate of ministers feel good about themselves. Not content with having wasted the best part of £14m on the government’s first-ever roll-on, roll-off pizza delivery service – all toppings guaranteed to be ferry free, the transport secretary has now spent more than £50K on failing to organise a lorry jam in Kent.

If the aim has been to make clear to the EU that the country is willing to spend any amount of money to prove we are totally unprepared for a no-deal Brexit, it is job done. Failing Grayling wears his hopelessness as a badge of honour. A man who lives and breathes the Samuel Beckett maxim: “Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” An inspiration to the mediocre that complete catatonia is within their grasp. Even without the use of performance decreasing drugs.

The Brexit secretary certainly appeared immensely grateful to Grayling, as he was called to the dispatch box to answer an urgent question on what progress the government had made in its renegotiation of the withdrawal agreement since it pulled the vote several weeks before Christmas. Stephen Barclay had previously never dared to dream of being anything more than the nonentities’ nonentity and finding himself in the cabinet has prompted an identity crisis. He now affects the swagger of a somebody but has the personality and intelligence of a nobody.

Still, knowing next to nothing about anything is no real disadvantage when it comes to the Brexit negotiations as no one else in government has a clue either, so Barclay was free to make things up as he went along. There had been some progress and there again there hadn’t been some progress, he said gnomically, while repeatedly reassuring himself under his breath that at least he wasn’t Failing Grayling. There might be some news by Wednesday and if there wasn’t, then there might be by a following Wednesday. “I’m not Chris Grayling, I’m not Chris Grayling,” he mumbled, dying on his feet.

Jeremy Corbyn was more relaxed about Barclay not being Grayling. His fury was directed at Barclay not being Theresa May. The Labour leader had directed his question at the prime minister and it was a dereliction of duty she had sent a stand-in instead. It’s a sign of the general levels of Brexit madness that Corbyn believed he had lost out by not getting May’s version of events. No one has ever come away better informed about anything after 90 minutes in the company of the prime minister.

Apart from being angry about May’s absence, Corbyn wasn’t quite sure what he was actually angry about. All he knew for certain was that he was definitely angry. He shouted a bit, stumbled over his script – it was his first day back since Christmas so a little rustiness was to be expected – and generally demanded levels of clarity that were well beyond anything he could offer himself. The Labour leader might even have been taking lessons off Grayling.

What followed was an exercise in futility. Sensibly, no members of the DUP even bothered to turn up. With just 81 days till Brexit, parliament is still quite happy to waste its own and the country’s time. Barclay managed to both confirm that the prime minister would and wouldn’t present her new legal agreement before the debate restarted on Wednesday and that the vote would and wouldn’t definitely go ahead next week.

Not that anyone was listening. Or cared. Everyone who had always promised to vote against the deal anyway, merely confirmed they would do so regardless of what May said or did. “We have no plan,” wailed Labour’s Barry Sheerman. “We have no purpose.” He wailed for all of us. Though quite why it has taken him so long to realise this is a mystery.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 1/6/2019 6:55:11 AM
Oh alright. But you have to go visit every country where you're going to cut aid first. And stay in some nice hotels with swimming pools so that you can immerse yourself in the culture and understand what living conditions are actually like there.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 1/6/2019 4:55:16 AM
There you go, that's what I mean. How bloody difficult is it? Anyway, you can be my cabinet minister for recycling and bullshit reduction.

n order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 1/6/2019 3:44:53 AM
Nope, that is enlightening.

Doesn't mean to ay thpugh that we shpu;dn't clean our act up.

As for being one of the most advanced in these areas, I lived in Norway back in the 1980's. We are nowhere near even thinking about doing what they were doing back then. Triple glazing as standard. Bottle and can deposit. Massive hydro electric shcemes meaning power costs for the home were minimal.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 610 (view)

Posted: 1/6/2019 3:39:16 AM
I did finally get a call from Hastings though quite clearly they had not read my email. The female who called, asked why I wanted to cancel (I didn't, I just wanted not to renew). She was happy enough with that to ask me to hold while she put me through to her colleague (why didn't her colleague call me). Five minutes of listening to some crap music, then he wanted to know the same stuff. asked me if I could be interested in another quote but eventually agreed that as I was getting another car with insurance included it wouldn't be much use to me. So he said he would cancel it. NO!!!!! I don't want it cancelled I just want it not to be renewed. Finally got that done but it really shouldn't be that difficult.

I do feel we should be able to charge them for our time. These systems may be efficient for the company but not for me.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 1/5/2019 8:47:28 AM
Was it Einstein who said "if you keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome, you're bonkers"?

Well that to me is this government (and preceding ones).

Surely if you are concerned about plastic bags you simply ban them within a certain timescale. Same for packaging - discuss with industry, agree a timescale.

If Delhi can recognise that plastic knives and forks are environmentally inexcusable and ban them, why can't we?

Rail privatisation continues to fail. East Coast made profit in public hands. Why privatise it again?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 764 (view)

Brexit? A coup de grace?
Posted: 1/5/2019 8:42:50 AM
Simplistic again I know but who took us into the EEC without asking the proletariat? Heath.

Who took us into the EU without asking the proletariat (despite saying he would)? Major.

Who finally had the balls to ask us about Europe despite wanting a different outcome? Cameron.

Who has screwed up the negotiations in the worst possible way? May.

Anyone got the connection yet?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 762 (view)

Brexit? A coup de grace?
Posted: 1/5/2019 3:13:37 AM
Indeed, but tht was my point. We can get trade deals with all sorts of countries but it may mean lowering standards I know there's a lot of propaganda about but in the US they do wash chickens in chlorine which allows them to use meat which we would condemn. I am trying to point out that this process is far from simple. I did not want to join the EU, EC yes, EU no. But we have to recognise that we have some almost 50 years of intertwining and regulation to undo much of which most of us are not aware of.

The Irish are panicking becuase they've just discovered that one third of the catch by Irish boats is in UK waters. They are also finding that the EU countries are not happy with the very low almost non existent tax they are charging large international companies. I'm not sure why that is confined to the Irish when Luxembourg is surely the biggest aider and abetter of tax dodgers?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/4/2019 3:11:02 AM

Apparently in order to reduce plastic waste the government is going to increase the tax on plastic bags to 10p. There's a shortage of skilled workers which employers want to address by allowing more immigration. And the Daily Mail is helping to fill the gap in the NHS by recruiting 30,000 volunteers.

What's next. Maybe we could all become special constables. Just need a big stick, can of pepper spray and some ornage stickers for the car.

Solutions are surely easier than this?

For answers see Whoops Apocalypse https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5q1ZyMpFo
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 606 (view)

Posted: 1/4/2019 2:44:30 AM
Just got my insurance renewal from Hastings. As I am swapping cars at the enod of the month and the new one comes with insurance I don't want to renew. The email directs me to my online account where I can modify my policy, give them money, change my account but not cancel. So I spent a half hour on the phone. First there was a five minute recorded voice telling me about fraud and how I could be prosecuted if....................then the usual 100 options none of which are quite what I wanted then finally 20 minutes of them telling me that 1) their operators are busy helping other customers 2) my business is important to them 3) I could access my account on line.

So I sent them an email saying I did not want my insurance to be renewed. They emailed back to say that this could not be completed by email but only by phone.

Surely this is criminal/fraudulent/a con.......................what word am I looking for? Surely the one thing you should be able to do easily is decline a product?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 757 (view)

Brexit? A coup de grace?
Posted: 1/4/2019 2:37:36 AM
Vlad, yes we could do as that arse Boris Johnson said and tell them t go whistle for the money. However, they are trading partners and they can retaliate pretty easily by simply delaying imports for 48 hours or so. The reality is that we are in an interlocked world with rules. if we simply crash out then yes, we can start to import cheaper beef from South America as it says in the article but that comes with lower standards to (remember Mad Cow Disease?).

I agree though that much of this is just alarmist hogwash. But I would remind you that this was just an internal Tory party problem made into something much worse. You may have voted for a crash out of the EU scenario but talking to other people who voted out, this was not the deal they wanted nor voted for.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 34 (view)

This was a decent topic on the relationship forum
Posted: 1/3/2019 1:34:33 AM
Different experience down here in Gloucestershire - loads of talented females.

I checked your locale Aggers and can see what you mean. As the search engine in Pof is well known to be on the poor side, I wonder if changing your location to an inland one would give better results?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 604 (view)

Posted: 1/2/2019 2:29:02 AM
MIA I guess.

Happy New Year folks. welcome to the ****fest that is Brexit. I wonder if we should start a predictions thread along the lines of "What can they **** up this side of next Christmas".

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 596 (view)

Posted: 12/29/2018 2:51:35 AM
Still looking good for that date Wrighty, will keep you updated.

Ushering again at the theatre yesterday. It was a "relaxed" performance aimed at children with autism and such stuff. So no flashy lights or whizz bangs, no actors running through the audience, auditorium doors left open, lights only slightly turned down. One kid was on a mission to have the most number of wees in a session, some kids never settled and had to leave early and some of the grown ups were tricky too! Most managed to sit still enough to enjoy the show though and most loved it.

Absolutely knackering for me, had to go home for a lie down for a couple of hours!
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2018 1:54:24 AM
It would indeed but how many people can still fin their way here anyway?

I knew one woman who had been in 3 abusive violent relationships.

It's because I meet so many people through running a social group I keep coming across the same things.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 594 (view)

Posted: 12/28/2018 1:50:18 AM
One of our suppliers has notified us of an across the board 7% increase from 1st January.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 592 (view)

Posted: 12/27/2018 2:17:05 AM
I don't like him either. A crappy New Year to him hopefully.

To everyone else, a peaceful and joyous one.

My Christmas Day was spent with the family up in North Wales. A lovely warm bunch of people, as I say every year, I must find time to go therem ore often. The kids were extremely well behaved considering they're all between 3 and 6 years old and had a zillion presents to open and discard after the momentary excitement.

I'm back in the office. Working mainly on my driving studies when this PC thingie powers up properly although I shall be ushering at the theatre tomorrow. I've already done one stint on this panto but they're short of people so I'll help out once more - behind you!
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 587 (view)

Posted: 12/24/2018 3:03:53 AM
I'll mostly be in work over the so called holidays. My broadband at home is worse than rubbish, so easier to be here.

I was being an usher at the Playhouse yesterday and doing another stint on Friday. Bit of an Alice in Wonderland type thing. The kids loved it. I enjoy the change of scenery and got my photo taken with the cast at the end of show! Yay.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 1 (view)

For Wrighty and all Pof organisers
Posted: 12/22/2018 6:21:04 AM
If you have ever tried to run an event, this one is for you! Worth the long read!

TO: All Employees.
DATE: November 1, 2018
RE: Christmas Party.

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on December 23rd, starting at noon in the private function room at the Grill House.

There will be a cash deposit for the bar and plenty of drinks! We'll have a small band playing traditional Christmas Carols, feel free to sing along. And don't be surprised if our CEO shows up dressed as Santa Claus.!

A Christmas tree will be lit at 1:00 PM. Exchanges of gifts among employees can be done at that time; however, no gift should be over
$10.00 to make the giving of gifts easy for everyone's pockets.

This gathering is only for employees.!

Our CEO will make a special announcement at that time.!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Patty.

Company Memo.
DATE: November 2, 2018.
RE: Holiday Party.

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Hanukkah is an important holiday, which often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year.

However, from now on, we're calling it our ‘Holiday Party.’ The same policy applies to any other employees who are not Christians and to those still celebrating Reconciliation Day.

There will be no Christmas tree and no Christmas carols will be sung.

We will have other types of music for your enjoyment.
Are you happy now.?

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Patty.

Company Memo.
DATE: November 3, 2018.
RE: Holiday Party.

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table, you didn't sign your name.

I'm happy to accommodate you for this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, ‘AA Only,’ you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. So how am I supposed to handle this.?

Somebody.?

And sorry, but forget about the gift exchange, no gifts are allowed since the union members feel that $10.00 is too much money and the executives believe $10.00 is a little stingy.

REMEMBER: NO GIFTS EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.

Patty.

Company Memo.
To: All Employees.
DATE: November 4, 2018.
RE: Generic Holiday Party.

What a diverse group we are.! I had no idea that December 20th begins the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, which forbids eating and drinking during daylight hours.

There goes the party.!

Seriously, we can appreciate how a luncheon at this time of year does not accommodate our ‘Muslim employees' beliefs. Perhaps the Grill House can hold off on serving your meal until the end of the party or else package everything for you to take it home in little aluminum foil doggy bag. Will that work.?

Meanwhile, I've arranged for members of Weight Watchers to sit farthest from the dessert buffet, and pregnant women will get the table closest to the restrooms.

Gays are allowed to sit with each other. Lesbians do not have to sit with Gay men, and each group will have their own table.

Yes, there will be flower arrangement for the Gay men's table.

To the person asking permission to cross dress, the Grill House asks that no cross-dressing to be allowed, apparently because of concerns about confusion in the restrooms. ‘Sorry.’

We will have booster seats for short people.

Low-fat food will be available for those on a diet.

I am sorry to report that we cannot control the amount of salt used in the food. The Grill House suggests that people with high blood pressure taste a bite first.

There will be fresh ‘low sugar’ fruits as dessert for diabetics, but the restaurant cannot supply ‘no sugar’ desserts. ‘Sorry!’

Did I miss anything.???

Patty.

Company Memo.
TO: All. Employees.
DATE: November 5, 2018.
RE: The Holiday Party.

I've had it with you vegetarian nuts ! We're going to keep this party at the Grill House whether you people like it or not, so you can sit quietly at the table furthest from the ‘grill of death,’ as you so quaintly put it, and you'll get your salad bar, including organic tomatoes.

But do you know that tomatoes have feelings too. They scream when you slice them. I've heard them scream. I'm hearing them scream ‘RIGHT NOW!’

The rest of you perishing wierdos can all have a rotten holiday.!

Drive drunk and die.

Patty.

Company Memo
DATE: November 6, 2018.
RE: Patty Lewis and Holiday Party.

I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing Patty Lewis a speedy recovery from her recent nervous breakdown and I'll continue to forward your cards to her at the Hospital.

In the meantime, management has decided to cancel our Holiday Party and give everyone the afternoon of the 23rd off with full pay.

So the heck with the lot of You and Happy Whatever.!’

Joan.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 585 (view)

Posted: 12/22/2018 4:54:57 AM
Wrighty - still on for the end of January - evenings of 21st, 22nd and 23rd. probably 21st best as I think I'll be expected to mingle with my fellow course attendees on the 22nd or 23rd. Natasha is welcome to come and visit me now that irina and I seem to be no more :-(

I can't believe they are all working for Pof - nothing changes on the site.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 752 (view)

Brexit? A coup de grace?
Posted: 12/22/2018 2:36:47 AM
That was from 1996!! Abbott hasn't got any more intelligent since though. The real problem with the lack of skills in all areas, not just nurses, is the slow dismantling of the technical sector, the reliance on immigrants as a cheap way of solving skill shortages, the lack of foresight by politicians who know the decisions they make will not come back to bite them! they'll be long gone.

BTW Corbyn has just said that if there is another general election and labour win it, Brexit will still happen.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 12/22/2018 2:11:51 AM
Excellent goal on this cold and chilly morning.................thanks for the link but did you mean me?

"Any relationship where there is talk of the “upper hand”, is a relationship with control and power issues, is a relationship on a code red alert." https://www.baggagereclaim.co.uk/?s=control
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 67 (view)

ew Russian friend
Posted: 12/21/2018 3:17:44 AM
Go on, laugh away. But just think of this, I've been dumped by an ex Miss UK, by my ex of course and more than a few girlfriends, but this is the pits, I've now been dumped by a scammer. How low can I go?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 12/21/2018 3:15:14 AM
My friend is 75. he's found a woman and they're very, very happy. That was through meeting up in real life through the meetup group I organise.

I was talking to another member last Friday who'd finally got out of her marriage with a controlling man a couple of years back and managed to get straight into another relationship with a controlling man. She was asking me why she attracted such men. I don't know the answer although there does seem to be a type that people do go for. It is particularly confusing as this woman is a well respected professional in the psychology field, is very much a go getter in her personal life, loves challenges and is now off hiking up jungle mountains to do some wildlife photography for a month or so.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 580 (view)

Posted: 12/21/2018 3:04:28 AM
Good luck to Natasha. does that mean there is no-one home at Pof at all now?

BTW was in Lidl today, they've got some nice collectors display cases for sale, ideal for your bus collection Wrighty.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 62 (view)

ew Russian friend
Posted: 12/20/2018 2:39:09 AM
She seems to have gone since I asked for her address so that I could visit her. Heartbroken.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 750 (view)

Brexit? A coup de grace?
Posted: 12/19/2018 7:08:26 AM
Apparently Corbyn may or may not have called Treesa a stupid woman. which apparently is the most heinous crime in the world occupying the BBC headlines. Other than the fact that she is, I do feel the idea of mobilising 3500 troops to do something, chartering a plane to fly to Maastricht to pick up medical supplies at £30,000 a pop, that the government has just placed an order for zillions of fridges could actually be more important.

I went to see Peterloo last night at the flicks. Nothing much changes.

Goal!!! 2 in the same week. :101: My, the forum is busy!
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 8 (view)

Football t-shirt when you're not a sports person?
Posted: 12/18/2018 7:37:02 AM
Xmas Jumper? that was simply a post modern ironical self deprecating comment on the absurdity of modern societal norms.
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 6 (view)

Football t-shirt when you're not a sports person?
Posted: 12/18/2018 1:59:32 AM
Not something I'd do but then I'm not a slavish follower of fashion!
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 576 (view)

Posted: 12/18/2018 1:58:02 AM
Gooaaallaaccio!

Or you could let me get a handle on your finances

Oh well.

Last year I rang all the electricity suppliers to get their lowest Kw hour rate and their lowest standing charge. Then I rang my supplier, British Gas, and told them my findings. They said they could match one or the other but not both. So I said something like, do you want me to move then, whereupon the guy agreed they could do both (but not to tell anyone ssshhhhh!)
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 61 (view)

ew Russian friend
Posted: 12/18/2018 1:51:40 AM
I haven't heard from her since I told her I was going over there for Christmas. Maybe she is trying to find space for me in the village or arranging a reception?

Apparently these lyrics are from an old Russian folk song - who knew?

Russian Gypsy folk song

Once upon a time there was a tavern
Where we used to raise a glass or two
Remember how we laughed away the hours,
And dreamed of all the great things we would do

Those were the days my friend
We thought theyd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we chose
We'd fight and never lose
For we were young and sure to have our way

Then the busy years went rushing by us
We lost our starry notions on the way
If by chance Id see you in the tavern
Wed smile at one another and wed say

Those were the days...

Just tonight I stood before the tavern
Nothing seemed the way it used to be
In the glass I saw a strange reflection
Was that lonely woman really me?

Those were the days...

Through the door there came familiar laughter
I saw your face and heard you call my name
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 573 (view)

Posted: 12/15/2018 5:45:35 AM
Have just been asked how to log in to the forums. The person has tried using the Log in button to the top right. it is years since I had to do it, anyone know?

Yes Ican
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 55 (view)

ew Russian friend
Posted: 12/15/2018 3:57:54 AM
Just for a short while I have posted a few Irina images to make the chaps jealous although I'm sure he has a few friends.

Would anyone like her email?
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 54 (view)

ew Russian friend
Posted: 12/15/2018 3:30:22 AM
She doesn't seem to have read my email....................

"Hello my dear Dave! I have a break so I am writing you now. Thank you for your reply. Your emails always made my day. I can not imagine my life without your emails, honey. Thank you for every word. Thank you for your care and affection! I do appreciate everything you do for me. Thank you for your time. Dave, You know, we have become very close. It's great that I can stay in your house. This is a very big and important step forward in our relations. I know that you’re serious and sincere at your intentions and goals. Thank you for that, it is so sweet. I want you to feel that I'm serious as well and really want to see you asap. I would like to visit a travel agency asap in order to find out what is necessary for my trip to you. Unfortunately, today I have much work to do, that’s why I am not sure I will be able go to the agency. But I promise to do it very soon. Dave, I’ve just realized that we are talking about the meeting. Can you imagine that? A short time ago we just dreamed about it, but soon our dream will come true. I am so happy!!! I am full of happiness and joy! I hope you too! Of course I need much to do to organize my trip. But just one thought about meeting with you makes me stronger and give me power to act. I am very serious about traveling to you and I'm sure everything will be fine! Honey, we will be together very soon. Can you imagine? Finally we can feel each other. I really want to hug you and feel your warmth and care. I want to give you all my affection and tenderness. We can finally kiss each other! Dave, it's so nice! Thank you for everything! However, it is now I am so brave talking about kisses and embraces. When we meet, I think I'll be shy)). Just remember this. Remember that I can be shy, but I really want to kiss you))! I did believe that dreams come true and thoughts are material. I was constantly thinking about you and our meeting. I was thinking about our evenings together. And everything will come true soon. My dear Dave, you will be the happiest man in the world! I will do my best. You give me the happiness, and you are worthy of a happy and honest relationship. Together we will achieve anything and be finally together. I just need to go to the agency and find out about everything. I will keep you in the loop. As soon as I have a chance I will definitely go there. Then I will write an email. Today we have a lot of customers in our store. So many work. I need to help people to choose clothing. I love my job because I love talking with people and help them. Because I am the happiest woman in the world and I want to share this happiness with everyone and make the world better. Of course my happiness will be enough for you too))) Dear Dave, I think I need to know some details about you for my journey to you. Can you write me back and give me your full name, phone number, home address and the nearest international Airport I can fly to? Please do not forget. I can not wait to learn everything about the trip and take action to make our meeting happen faster. Honey, I will do my best to make our dreams come true. And with your support and care, we will succeed! I am not tired thank fate for you! Dave, please let me know how you imagine our meeting. What do you think we will do? How will we spend time? If you remember from my emails I like active and interesting holidays. I think we are similar in this and we will have much fun and our meeting will be interesting and entertaining. To be fully honest to you, I am a little bit afraid of a trip. Because I have never flied I just have never traveled so far. Like any girl, I worry about the meeting. How will you react? Will you like me? This will be our first date and I want everything to go well! I know I must overcome my fears and difficulties! It's all for you, honey. You support me and that’s all I need! Thank you, Dave! We will be together I know ... I'm looking forward to the day when I can hug and kiss you! Dave, unfortunately, my break is coming to an end. I have to go now. I will think of you! You are always in my mind. I'll wait for your answer. Have a nice day! Kisses!!!
Irina
 Justanotherchap
Msg: 53 (view)

ew Russian friend
Posted: 12/15/2018 2:49:01 AM
I was wondering if anyone had any really amusing suggestions.

I've just sent her this email..................

"I was just checking the flights to Novgorod. It might be easier for me to come to you as I have a passport and visa?

Love

Dave"

Show ALL Forums