Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Russia invades Georgia
 eric2008
Msg: 75 (view)

Russia invades Georgia
Posted: 12/5/2008 10:08:27 PM
"http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/07/world/europe/07georgia.html"

Everything the NYTimes publishes is questionable for now and forever more.The NY Times is a left-wing front and we can always catch things on the Communist News Network(CNN)
 eric2008
Msg: 106 (view)

You must do penance if you voted for Obama (Abortion issue)
Posted: 12/5/2008 5:48:33 PM
"Therefore, so long as abortion is legal than it isn't murder and therefore isn't breaking a commandment if you belong to one of the denominations that changed the word to murder."

Thats man's law not God's.Killing of the innocent is always murder.Unless not doing so endangers one's own life:hence self-defense
 eric2008
Msg: 100 (view)

Posted: 12/5/2008 11:29:32 AM
"Yes I saw it there uninformed voter's all 12 of them.As for the survey John Zogby said he would want to formulate the questions and have either an objective sponsor or a pair of sponsors, one from the left and one from the right.So honestly you can say with a straight face this wasn't a biased poll?C'mon!"

Apparently some people have a reading comprehension problem.At no time did I say the poll did not have some bias.I stated that it illustrated some Obama supporters were monumently uninformed.You even agreed, but then you went and blew it with your straying from my subject.

Once again if they are truly Catholic and follow their church's teachings ,the Catholics that voted for Obama would need to seek absolution and do penance before taking communion.
Of course, They could follow Joe Biden and not take Communion.Biden has been denied Communion by the church,it wasn't his decision.
 eric2008
Msg: 95 (view)

Posted: 12/4/2008 2:53:06 PM
"
Ziegler commissioned the poll. It was conducted by Zogby who is qualified and well respected.

The Wall Street Journal
November 20, 2008, 5:26 pm
Zogby’s Misleading Poll of Obama Voters
During a campaign, pollsters can build credibility by forecasting election results accurately. Afterward, they can build revenue by using that credibility to attract private clients. These private surveys often have an agenda, and their numbers can’t be tested against an objective standard, such as votes. Such surveys can test pollsters’ standards of conduct."

Have you seen the video evidence of such monumental stupidity?I cannot believe that you have and still say that these Obama supporters Knew the issues.
How can the question"Which party controls Congress?" be misleading?
There was only one so-called misleading question and they gave them credit when they missed it.Who said I can see Russia from my house?These people were given credit if they said Palin.We all know that Tina Fey said that not Palin.

Come in out of the rain or at least get an umbrella.The point of this survey was to show that some people were ignorant of the candidates.

Some Catholics may be just as ignorant and now must reconcile their vote with their religion.After all either you follow the tenants of your religion or you don't.After all,Either you follow your infallible leadership or you are sinning.If you sin and don't seek absolution before seeking communion your soul is in peril.
 eric2008
Msg: 93 (view)

Posted: 12/4/2008 10:45:37 AM
"Ziegler sound's like a rational sane individual.

The election is over Obama won get over it!"

Just responding to poster who stated that she had no sympathy for people who didn't get informed before voting.

Ziegler commissioned the poll. It was conducted by Zogby who is qualified and well respected.

I do think that the people on the video should have their right to vote restricted until some sort of training is completed or possibly a brain transplant from a chimp would increase their IQ.
 eric2008
Msg: 91 (view)

Posted: 12/4/2008 7:14:52 AM
"Most Catholics that voted for him didn't know of his position on abortion...

Seriously, if a person is going to accept the responsibility of electing the President of the United States of America, it would behoove that person to research what his/her candidate stands for/supports.

If there is truly anyone out there who voted and had no idea what their candidate believes in regard to the big issues, (like abortion), then shame on them. I have zero sympathy for those who can't be bothered to glean even the most basic information, such as what their choice's stance on abortion is.

I don't believe that most Catholics who voted for Obama didn't know that he is pro-choice. That is simply ludicrous."

If you think that people knew Obama's position on abortion or anything else you should go to:www.Howobamagotelected.com

Most obama supporters don't even know which party controls congress or who Nancy Pelosi is.Only .5% knew all the answers to a 12 question multiple choice test.Watch the videos and cringe where one girl states she gets her news from Jon Stewart.Jon is funny but he isn't the news.

Most people did not know that he supports the freedom of choice act.
 eric2008
Msg: 84 (view)

Posted: 12/3/2008 7:20:11 AM
"Why should we allow women to have the freedom of choice?

Isn't this a slippery slope?

If we can't take away the woman's right to control her own body won't that lead to taking away a woman't right to own property and won't it lead to taking her right to vote away.

Some doctors say D&X abortion is a preferable method for ending some pregnancies without damaging the woman's cervix.

I guess we shouldn't consider that a woman trying to save her life by aborting a fetus should have the right to keeping her cervix intact for another pregnancy.

Too bad the catholics are losing their membership like the republicans. Maybe that's why they need to ban abortions so in 20 years or so they will have a new crop of uneducated voters to brainwash."

This is not an abortion issue for the general public and it is not the subject of this thread(even though many would like it to be).This is about the need for the priest to advise his flock about the theoretic imperilment of their souls.If a member of the Catholic Church is at odds with their church on this issue they should formally leave the Church and worship somewhere else.The Catholic Church does not look at this as a debatable issue.
This thread is about Catholics following the tenants of their own church.
 eric2008
Msg: 81 (view)

You must do penance if you voted for Obama Abortion issue
Posted: 12/2/2008 11:32:17 PM
"Today Obama suffer his first post election loss in Georgia despite disregarding his out-of-whacked ideology and his rapid move to the center. Republican Sen. Saxby Chambliss won the run-off election and so it begins. What a blow.

LOL I live in GA chambliss wining has nothing to do with obama. This state for the most part outside of the major cities is a red state. Chambliss would have won regardless. The thing about him though that is most sick is what he did to Max Cleland.

Max Cleland is a decorated war hero whom served in nam and lost both legs and shredded his one arm. Chambliss is a draft dodger whom put an add on tv that called Cleland weak because he opposed the war in Iraq and chambliss equated cleland one of our decorated war heroes with osama bin laden. Chambliss deserved to loose on that alone but, the people in the rural parts of our state spoke and we are stuck with this guy. It has nothing to do with Obama and I would hardly call it a loss for Obama. The country has spoke on the whole and kicked out the republicans."

You people need to stay on topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Abortion and support of abortion is considered sinful by the Catholic Church.Obama has stated in the past that one of the first things he would do as President is sign Pro-abortion legislation.
It is part of Catholic Doctrine that taking communion without seeking absolution places one's soul in mortal peril of damnation.
The Priest would not be doing his duty if he didn't warn his parishioners of their need for absolution.
The fact that Joe Biden is denied communion should show even the most ignorant person the Catholic Churches stance with supporters of abortion that are baptized Catholics.
 eric2008
Msg: 19 (view)

Liberalism And Conservatism
Posted: 12/1/2008 7:37:17 PM
"Conservatives contend that the position should be reserved for white, male, straight, able-bodied Christians, and apply similar restrictions to other positions of power."

This is unadulterated BS and a lie.You might want to talk to Michael Steele about this.

"conservative thinking is heavily influenced by economic Calvinism, ...the notion that poverty is an indication God does not look with favor upon an individual: If a poor child is served by mediocre public schools and has inadequate health care, conservatives argue, that’s what God intended."

BS again.

"Conservatives emphasize property rights and the necessity of the rich and powerful to operate without interference."

BS again.Conservatives emphasize property rights and it is the responsibility of all to operate within the constraints of the law.

"...conservative thinking is heavily influenced by economic Calvinism, ...the notion that poverty is an indication God does not look with favor upon an individual: If a poor child is served by mediocre public schools and has inadequate health care, conservatives argue, that’s what God intended."

BS again.All public services should be equal.

"Social conservatives restrict the notion of community to those who identify as Christian, particularly those who say they have been “born again.”"

Fiction just like the book.

I find this portion of this post offensive.Parts of this post have merit but the bold type is an attempt to pass-off opinion as fact.

By the way was this opinion from the same Bob Burnett who was a founding member of the singing group The Highwaymen.
 eric2008
Msg: 38 (view)

Uncounted Votes
Posted: 11/30/2008 4:32:21 AM
I hope and pray that all of this bullsh!t will die now that a Dem has won the Presidency.For Eight long years I have heard all this crap about fixed elections and it is exactly that crap.No evidence has ever been presented that was not tainted by partisanship.
 eric2008
Msg: 14 (view)

Bush Whackers
Posted: 11/1/2008 10:59:09 PM
"With hard evidence like this, how can anyone ARGUE against the idea that the 2000 election was stolen. AND I cut a documentary DETAILING in depth on how REPUBLICANS ADMITTED and gloated about striking voters from list and putting 2 machines per polling places where it was heavy democratic and black, causing 10-12 hour waits in lines while RAINING. How is this fair? Where as the WHITE counter parts had 12-14 machines per polling place. This is in Ohio. I have VIDEOTAPE proof with lawyers, and congress men and women in that area who were fighting against all this but it was too late. But hey, ignore facts and proof and hard evidence such as the video above and keep believing that George Bush won in 2000 fair and square."

Are Marshmellows hard?I see a guy who admitted he was asked to create a program.He doesn't say"Hey I installed a program" He said I wrote one.Then at the end he says in his opinion that the Ohio vote in 2004 was fraud because the Exit Polls didn't match the results.He admits to never having examined one single voting machine in either state or in either election.You have this story about all these people waiting in the rain and you're trying to make everybody cry and its all to get sympathy.You have produced not one shred of evidence just a lot of conjecture.Just to give you a hint: the exit polls are always off at least in the last 5 presidential elections.Does that mean Clinton stole the 2 presidential elections he won.Lets hunt him down and make him confess.
I would certainly expect more from you than this.Its all just wild claims and wind.
If you have a friend who is an attorney ask him to look at this video and ask him what it PROVES.I can tell you he will tell you it is less than nothing.
 eric2008
Msg: 11 (view)

Bush Whackers
Posted: 11/1/2008 2:40:51 PM
"Just as the left continues to claim that "Florida was stolen" in 2000, despite recounts done by left leaning newspapers, bi partisan groups, etc., so too they convince themselves that "Republicans stole" Ohio in 2004. It's ridiculous. The margin of victory was over 100,000 votes, and they found a half a dozen machines that were malfunctioning. At that, how and in what way they malfunctioned was never linked to a coordinated "plot". However, you get like minded conspiracy theorists all talking to themselves, and they can come up with some strange beliefs.

The only way to "get away" with wholesale voter fraud, is to do it like ACORN has been shown to be doing it, with a whole slew of fake registrations. If anyone will try to steal this election, it's the far left "community organizers".

Not hat any of that is really on topic, but the topic itself seems to have been answered from all angles by now."

We know that election was stolen in Ohio in 2004.How do we know? RFK Jr. said so in Rolling Stone.We all know that RFK Jr. is non-biased and that Rolling Stone wouldn't print it if it wasn't true.Also everything on Youtube is true and can't be fixed.

Now I will turn off my sarcasm button.There has never been any machine that was verified as being tampered with in Ohio.It just didn't happen.It is time that some of you grow-up and accept that you got beat.You remind me of a bunch of 8-year-old little leaguers who lose a game and swear that the Umpire was for the other team.I have never seen so many whiney-ass adults.
 eric2008
Msg: 3 (view)

The 2nd Amendment & Obama
Posted: 11/1/2008 2:13:38 PM
"You can go to Factcheck.org and read more there."

Factcheck.org is owned and operated by the same people who gave Obama 55 million dollars to play with and share with Bill Ayers.The legacy of the late great Mr.Annenberg has been hijacked by people diametrically opposed to the beliefs of Mr. Annenberg.
Factcheck is nothing but an Obama lapdog.

The op has all the facts and msg.2 is using a propaganda site for Obama to try and refute Mr.Obama's VOTING record and recorded statements.
Maybe Obama should have voted present when these votes happened also.
 eric2008
Msg: 78 (view)

Why should there be more redistribution of wealth?
Posted: 11/1/2008 7:14:10 AM
"• Cut taxes for 95 percent of workers and their families with a tax cut of $500 for workers or $1,000 for working couples.

• Provide generous tax cuts for low- and middle-income seniors, homeowners, the uninsured, and families sending a child to college or looking to save and accumulate wealth.

• Eliminate capital gains taxes for small businesses, cut corporate taxes for firms that invest and create jobs in the United States, and provide tax credits to reduce the cost of healthcare and to reward investments in innovation.

• Dramatically simplify taxes by consolidating existing tax credits, eliminating the need for millions of senior citizens to file tax forms, and enabling as many as 40 million middle-class Americans to do their own taxes in less than five minutes without an accountant.

Under the Obama Plan:

• Middle class families will see their taxes cut – and no family making less than $250,000 will see their taxes increase. The typical middle class family will receive well over $1,000 in tax relief under the Obama plan, and will pay tax rates that are 20% lower than they faced under President Reagan. According to the Tax Policy Center, the Obama plan provides three times as much tax relief for middle class families as the McCain plan.

• Families making more than $250,000 will pay either the same or lower tax rates than they paid in the 1990s. Obama will ask the wealthiest 2% of families to give back a portion of the tax cuts they have received over the past eight years to ensure we are restoring fairness and returning to fiscal responsibility. But no family will pay higher tax rates than they would have paid in the 1990s. In fact, dividend rates would be 39 percent lower than what President Bush proposed in his 2001 tax cut.

• Obama’s plan will cut taxes overall, reducing revenues to below the levels that prevailed under Ronald Reagan (less than 18.2 percent of GDP). The Obama tax plan is a net tax cut – his tax relief for middle class families is larger than the revenue raised by his tax changes for families over $250,000. Coupled with his commitment to cut unnecessary spending, Obama will pay for this tax relief while bringing down the budget deficit.

This fantasy where Obama claims to cut taxes for 95% of the population is just that a fantasy.Just this week Biden said the number was150k and his buddy Bill Richardson stated the number was 120k.So your whole post is like a lot of other left-wingers .....it's rubbish because your party leaders have already torn it down.
He is not going to bring down the deficit. He is going to increase it by creating $1,000,000,000,000 in new spending.I have been on this forum for each and everyday since it was determined that Obama was the Democratic candidate and not once has an Obama supporter shown where Obama was actually going to make a cut in the budget.Why? Because he hasn't shown where he will make a cut.
Each and every one of Obama's supporters lives in a fantasy world where they think they are going to get money from the Government and it is all a lie.If you pay taxes now you will continue to pay taxes and if you don't you will get more welfare.
 eric2008
Msg: 5 (view)

A Palin Economy
Posted: 10/31/2008 10:25:42 PM
"Her success is at siphoning off money of business for her state while she promotes less government intervention in business.

No experience creating jobs, no experience improving education and health care in her state and is guaranteed to be unethical with a gotcha wink.

I wouldn't be surprised if she now exposes McCain's corruption to benefit her own career."

Got any more rants about the Fed to go with that?
 eric2008
Msg: 57 (view)

Why should there be more redistribution of wealth?
Posted: 10/31/2008 1:07:42 PM
I am now more confused 1)Obama has stated that there would be no tax increase if you make less than 250k
2) this weekend it was obama stating it was 200k
3)Monday Biden said 150k
4)Bill Richardson today said it would be 120k
5) what will it be next week?
6) Will Barney Frank decide it will be lower after the election.

God help what it will finally be when they get around to redistributing the wealth.
 eric2008
Msg: 16 (view)

Latest Obama endorsement: McCain Advisor!
Posted: 10/31/2008 5:59:11 AM
I will give you a link that is very telling.Former Obama speech writer Wendy Button has swapped to McCain here is the link:www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2008-10-28/so-long-obama/1/ - 85k -

Take the time to read the entire three page declaration and maybe you will see into the campaign a lot deeper.
 eric2008
Msg: 2 (view)

A Palin Economy
Posted: 10/30/2008 10:00:06 PM
So many times I see posts that blame Palin for the distribution of tax money to the Alaskan people.This is in their Constitution it would have to be voted on by the citizens of Alaska to be removed.It didn't just start last year by Palin.

Why is a windfall-profits tax good for Alaska but not for the U.S.? Well, it's obvious, isn't it? People in Alaska are better than people in the rest of the U.S. They're more American. Although there are small towns and farms and high school hockey teams in the lower 48, there are fewer down here, per capita, than in Alaska. And there are many more journalists and pollsters and city dwellers and other undesirables who might benefit if every American had the same right to leech off the government as do the good citizens of Sarah Palin's Alaska.

Isn't the collective ownership of Alaska's oil and the redistribution of profits to Alaska residents....socialism? Sure sounds like it to me.

It sounds like socialism to me and I think that we should execute every person who has ever received a dime of that money.Would that make you happy?
What it looks like to me is she saw a system that had been set-up quite a while back and decided to take advantage of it and get as much money as possible for the people of her state and she needs to be praised for it.
But I won't hold my breath waiting for you to praise her because I think you would criticize Mother Teresa(a friend of Cindy McCain before she died) if she were a republican.
 eric2008
Msg: 22 (view)

Elizabeth Dole: Lying Trash.
Posted: 10/30/2008 11:59:22 AM
"In the AD the narrator states that the opposing candidate attended meetings of the atheist group at no time did the narrator state that the opposing candidate was an atheist

You'll be happy to know this is in fact a lie too."

Ms.Hagen did in fact attend fundraisers sponsored by the Atheist group and accepted their endorsement.If she didn't want to be associated with them she shouldn't have been at the events.That my friends is a fact not a lie.She was filmed at several events.The narrator did not call Ms. Hagen an atheist.The narrator stated she had the endorsement of the group and had attended events and then the AD showed recordings of the groups officers stating the groups positions.If you don't like that ......well thats too bad.You shouldn't have provided the link if you didn't want people to listen and disagree.
 eric2008
Msg: 18 (view)

Elizabeth Dole: Lying Trash.
Posted: 10/30/2008 9:02:45 AM
In the AD the narrator states that the opposing candidate attended meetings of the atheist group at no time did the narrator state that the opposing candidate was an atheist.You have to listen to the AD closely.It is also stated what the atheist group's political agenda was.If the candidate did not want to be associated with the atheist group she should not have sought their support and attended their event.
As grandma used to say "If you lie down with dogs you get-up with fleas."
 eric2008
Msg: 60 (view)

Buying the presidency?
Posted: 10/30/2008 12:36:56 AM
"UM... ERIC again wheres you POLL proof? I know, right here:"

Once again,the poll comes out today.It had not been published yet at the time that I mentioned it.Today it will be published.I didn't say that McCain was ahead in the polls.I stated that a new poll will show that 48% of Americans have more confidence McCain on the Economy and taxes.It is listed under presidential election polls and the subtitle McCain Trusted More On Taxes and Economy.
 eric2008
Msg: 56 (view)

Buying the presidency?
Posted: 10/29/2008 9:01:49 PM
"Now, I don't actually EXPECT YOU to watch all those because you HATE TRUTH and WOULD NEVER admit when your wrong. And I suppose you'll now accuse YOUTUBE of being in the tank for Obama too.

Also Eric, do you make over $250,000? If not, will you REJECT Obama's tax cut FOR YOU? Will you pay EXTRA taxes because you DONT LIKE OBAMA'S TAX PLAN? Or pay extra TAXES because he BOUGHT the Presidency? I bet you won't! You'll be just like ALLLLLLL supporters of Palin / McCain and take your tax cut GLADLY and use your extra savings to buy more beer and hockey pucks. Or lights for that cave your in."

Are you people dumb enough to believe that if you make less than 250k you're getting a tax cut?Obama,Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid have no intention of giving you a tax cut.This weekend Obama was caught on tape stating that the number was down to 200k and then on Monday Biden was quoted as stating the number was 150k.Barney Frank is already telling people they are going to raise taxes and cut defense by 25%.
I don't hate truth I hate lying and your candidate leads the pack this year as he tries to purchase the election.
On 10/30/08 a new Rasmussen poll will show that45% of Americans trust McCain on the economy more than Obama.This is the first time that has happened during the campaign.Obama's numbers are lower than McCain's for you that don't comprehend well.Several newer polls will show that the campaign is a deadheat now.The closer we get to the election The more the people of this country will fear Obama because they are finally getting his message.
 eric2008
Msg: 55 (view)

Buying the presidency?
Posted: 10/29/2008 7:20:19 PM
"ON TOPIC
Barack Obama IS buying the presidency. He's being given money from the millions of people who want change (literally and figuratively). And he's spending it well. Its unfortunate Jonathan McCain's dignity, honesty and honor during this campaign wouldn't allow him to accept public funding. Maybe if he did, he'd be closer in the polls. But hey, he still has his HONOR, INTEGRITY and DIGNITY still intact. Question, could John McCain have taken public funding too? Just curious. If he could've why didn't he when he had the chance? Oh well, too bad. I guess were stuck with an uneducated, below normal intelligence, socialist, communist, terrorist sympathizing, mancurian, extreme liberal, baby killing, dishonest, muslim christian, gun banning, tax raising, elitist, war mongering, hate mongering, separatist, racist, anti-american candidate ahead in the polls. Somebody tell me, how is this guy ahead? How did MILLIONS upon MILLIONS not see this man for who he is? Was there NO news source, government agency, investigative team able to get this information the public BEFORE he won the nomination? Are there no LAWS against buying the presidency? How can this man do this? Crazy, I tell ya... just crazy."

Rarely have I seen someone misinterpret something so wrongly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
McCain has accepted public funds which limits how much money he can raise and spend.Obama agreed to play by certain rules and then broke his word.Obama has not accepted public funds and can spend 10 times as much as McCain.The law puts a limit on your spending if you accept public funds.
Go back and read the issue so that you won't be so ill informed next time.
 eric2008
Msg: 22 (view)

Uncounted Votes
Posted: 10/28/2008 9:56:39 PM
":
I guess that Allen Raymond is a lot like what Obama did.Promise to limit donations and spending and after your opponent locks himself in with the Federal Government you go back on your word

Hey look, something that has absolutely nothing to do with uncounted votes. Allen Raymond, or reality in general. It's almost like you're trying to derail the conversation. What the hell does this have to do with Allen Raymond and his work with the Republican party? Come on Eric, do you even know who Allen Raymond is?

I have no idea of the color of the skin of the person whose provisional vote was thrown out.Neither do you.No where on the voting slip does it say what color you are.Unless you're psychic you couldn't possibly know.The alternative is that you are trying to race bait.

Um provisional ballot stats are well known. You don't have to be psychic, you just have to be willing to educate yourself. You know, like about people like Allen Raymond, and what that might have to do with uncounted votes and illegal activity. "

I know exactly who Allen Raymond is.I also know that on provisional ballotts there is no place to list your race.I also know that in The US there is no place to list your race on your voter registration slip.I also know that there are certain people who can't make a post without mentioning race and they have not one fing clue what they are talking about.
Have you even seen a US voter registration slip?The Answer is No.you make broad racial statements with no basis in fact.Can you even post a source for your uncounted votes claim concerning the race of the uncounted votes?
Calling people and hanging-up has nothing to do with counting votes.If this had something to do with trying to stop people from getting to the polls it would be different.
Mentioning Allen Raymond was you getting off thread not me.
 eric2008
Msg: 25 (view)

Joe Biden's October Surprise
Posted: 10/28/2008 8:21:21 PM
"Still Biden should be more careful. He might put Obama's pedestal too high and cause him to get a nosebleed. Then the world might realize he's just a mere moral like the rest of us.

It gave me a good idea for his big television extravaganza though:

the Adventures of Obamaman and Gaffer.

Makes promises faster than a speeding bullet.
More powerful than a loco republican.
Able to leap any question of ability with a single grin.
Look, up on the stage......
It's a god....it's a rockstar......it's Obamaman!!!

He's come to make the world a better place for all humanity
He'll take over all the airwaves and get rid of Hanity.
He'll knock down tax shelters with arms just like axes.
And say "Read my lips" I've got tons of new taxes.

He'll keep us all safe with his spine made of steel.
He'll make those that adore him see things that aren't real.
He'll rob all the rich of their silver and gold,
He'll legalize abortion till the kid's 10 years old.

Produced by Oprah "No time for the other side" Winfrey.

How can we post this on every thread?
I think it is so true (sad but true)
 eric2008
Msg: 20 (view)

Uncounted Votes
Posted: 10/28/2008 7:47:40 PM
"Ezzee let me guess you don't believe Allen Raymond was guilty of the crimes he was convicted of, and his book was just sour grapes?"

I guess that Allen Raymond is a lot like what Obama did.Promise to limit donations and spending and after your opponent locks himself in with the Federal Government you go back on your word(lie).

I have no idea of the color of the skin of the person whose provisional vote was thrown out.Neither do you.No where on the voting slip does it say what color you are.Unless you're psychic you couldn't possibly know.The alternative is that you are trying to race bait.
 eric2008
Msg: 39 (view)

Buying the presidency?
Posted: 10/28/2008 7:14:21 PM
"Thank God, these idiots were caught. This is what we mean when we say stirring up hate with some of the comments made by the McCain camp. It gives idiots like his a REASON to go off. I know most don't think like them and MOST wouldn't carry out such acts but the threats are real. Sad."

What is sad is the lengths that some people will go to hi-jack a thread,the last 6 to 8 posts on this thread are not addressing the subject of this thread.
The bottom line is that Obama is a LIAR.He stated that if McCain accepted public funds he would also.
He is basically trying to buy the votes of the people who don't pay taxes now by promising them an entitlement,a payment that they haven't earned,another welfare program.
He basically saying "Vote for me and I will give you another check."
 eric2008
Msg: 15 (view)

McCain says, Sarah Palin has more executive experience than Obama and Biden combined, …
Posted: 10/27/2008 10:48:54 AM
"Tell me what is running a campaign that is larger than the population of Wasilla?"

He doesn't run his own campaign.He has a campaign manager,who manages the money and people.If he ran the campaign he wouldn't have time to give the speeches he gives.
Let's grow-up and realize that these people aren't doing what some of you think they are.Neither McCain nor Obama decide when commercials run or what the commercial says they have media specialists that decide these things.They don't hire and fire campaign workers ,they have managers who do these things.I have sat here and watched people from other countries try to tell Americans what the US constitution says and apparently they have never read it because an American told that person exactly what the Constitution says and the Canadian wouldn't accept it because it didn't agree with the perceptions they had.
Wake -up, read -up and be informed.
 eric2008
Msg: 51 (view)

In Light of the Neiman Marcus Bill...
Posted: 10/27/2008 4:48:45 AM
This whole thread is BS. There is no evidence that Campaign funds were even used.There are different categories of funding in each political parties National funds.Until it is revealed how much has been spent on each and every one of the candidates wardrobes and who spent the monies this whole thread is sexist claptrap.It is common practice in campaigns for national office for the campaign to purchase clothing.I can almost guarantee that some if not all of Obamas suits were not purchased by the Messiah himself.Nor by Michelle Obama either.
 eric2008
Msg: 13 (view)

McCain says, Sarah Palin has more executive experience than Obama and Biden combined, …
Posted: 10/27/2008 4:28:26 AM
"Using McCain's logic for why Palin is more qualified (very shaky logic at that), then McCain forgot to include his name with Obama and Biden. If he really believed the crap he is spewing, he would switch positions on the republican ticket and become her VP running mate."

Unfortunately for you,Your logic is ....well flawed....Being an officer in the military is considered an executive position.Seeing as he was an officer more than 20 years he would have more experience than all three of the others combined. How does crow taste?
 eric2008
Msg: 30 (view)

Buying the presidency?
Posted: 10/27/2008 4:21:36 AM
"My sister took her family to Obama's rally in Ft. Collins today, and I talked to each of them on the phone afterward. My 14 year old nephew says he can't wait to vote for Obama in 2012. My brother in law couldn't get over the atmosphere and the sense of unity and hope that filled the outdoor arena. And my sister is hopeful someone took a picture on a beautiful day of Obama speaking on a platform with a huge "CHANGE" banner behind him set against the glorious colors of trees, on cue, changing their hues. My 10 year old neice had the best view of the four, perched on the shoulders of her 6'4" dad."

Those are the same things repeated over and over in Berlin in the late 1920's.Thats why WFTV will not get another Obama/Biden interview.Suppression of the press.Isn't that what you lefties were claiming McCain was doing earlier in the Campaign?

Obama promised to take Federal funds in this Election and after McCain accepted those funds and locked in his limit on spending, Obama reneged and decided that he wouldn't.
Now I have read several posts where people have stated that McCain did this because he couldn't raise as much money as Obama and in the next sentence state that only the rich should vote for McCain.Logic would tell me that it would be easier get money from the rich.Don't they have more money to give?Circular logic ?Some?

Obama has absolutely no safeguards to prevent an individual from donating over the individual limit on his website.He also has chosen not to put in the safeguards to prevent some illegal foreign contributions.Let's set up a system that invites election ethics violations and then your supporters can say so what you should have thought about it first.And the lefties accuse the Republicans of trying to steal the election by any means?
 eric2008
Msg: 31 (view)

U.S. Attack On Syrian Soil
Posted: 10/27/2008 3:52:38 AM
These are the same cross border excursions that Obama has proposed for Pakistan.What is the difference? The only difference is that Bush is a Republican and Obama is a Democrat.And Charlemagne you yourself have accused me of having the tinfoil hat syndrome so get off your high horse and accept it.You also know that if you deny it I will pull up your post and show it to everyone.
Syria is run by the Baathist party just like Iraq under Saddam.More than one defense expert has stated that Saddam sent all his WMDs across the border to Syria in order to defy the UN inspectors.There was a railway that ran directly from Baghdad to Damascus.I have no firsthand knowledge of seeing the WMDs but I did ride that train more than once.It was reinforced in the railway bed in 2001.
 eric2008
Msg: 158 (view)

Full Scale Financial Meltdown
Posted: 10/23/2008 11:58:52 AM
"Thank you for the link, edisto. I did watch/listen again, and therefore must make an adjustment: Obama’s AIG comment is about 5 minutes into his speech and although there were some laughs and clapping, I still feel that there was hesitation and a lackluster response. But the majority of his remarks were treated to more laughing and clapping, and almost immediately on cue. If you, or anyone else, disagree, then that’s okay… just my opinion of the event."

I watched it live and there was a definite pause and even what sounded as if there was a boo or two.
I also thought it was interesting that McCain had to hold his hand out to stop the cheers when he said that some people in the crowd secretly supported him.Of course then he welcomed Hillary to the event.
 eric2008
Msg: 157 (view)

Full Scale Financial Meltdown
Posted: 10/23/2008 11:50:29 AM
"two words

Barney frank

anytime the senante gets involved

taxpayers get the shaft"

Watch this educational video and see how you feel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

Gives a lot of info.
 eric2008
Msg: 181 (view)

ACORN busted in Nevada
Posted: 10/22/2008 1:26:36 PM
THERE HAS BEEN DEFINITE VOTER FRAUD IN OHIO

www.newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2007/11/06/2-convicted-vote-fraud-ohio-no-mention-theyre-democrats - 69k -
michellemalkin.com/2008/10/.../voter-fraud-alert-houseful-of-out-of-state-obama-activists-registered-as-ohio-voters-received-absentee-b...
 eric2008
Msg: 175 (view)

ACORN busted in Nevada
Posted: 10/21/2008 8:17:55 PM
"None of these are actually of votes cast. Thanks for clearing that up. It's a clear case where registry is the issue, and it's in fact ACORN that is being defrauded.

Awwww sorry Ronjo want to try again and actually show a case where this has occurred? I notice you mixed charges based on defrauding ACORN with accusations against ACORN. Almost like you're trying to confuse the issue."

This argument reminds me of the guy who was arrested for armed robbery who said "I didn't kill anybody so they ought to let me go"
The voter registration fraud is an attempt to overwhelm the system.If you give thousands of registration cards to an all volunteer election board that works part-time and then as in Ohio you have the Sec. of State completely block that same board from confirming the same registrations.Follow these links to see actual Voting fraud.In the last link the perpetrators are self-proclaimed Democrats.By the way they have bragged about voting in Ohio.
www.newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2007/11/06/2-convicted-vote-fraud-ohio-no-mention-theyre-democrats - 69k -
michellemalkin.com/2008/10/.../voter-fraud-alert-houseful-of-out-of-state-obama-activists-registered-as-ohio-voters-received-absentee-b...
 eric2008
Msg: 82 (view)

Joe the plumber revealed
Posted: 10/21/2008 6:49:07 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/26/business/worldbusiness/26labor.html

We need higher taxes for our corporations?Why do you think they are leaving left and right?

We have the second highest corporate taxes in the industrialized world @39.25% and some dumbass wants to raise them.If I owned a big corporation I would be planning how to move to Ireland where the same corporate tax is 12.5%.I would have an instant 26.75% to use as profit.
www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/23470.html - 21k

What would be the motive for destroying our Economy?
 eric2008
Msg: 61 (view)

Joe the plumber revealed
Posted: 10/20/2008 8:32:20 PM
""Joe asked a legitimate question to the Democrat's presidential candidate and he gave an answer that alot of people didn't want to hear."

Obama's answer was that if he bought the business and the taxable income (that is the net after deductibles including schedule C deductions) is still over $250,000 then, yes, your taxes will increase. (purchase value and taxable income are two different amounts).

None of Obama's base has a problem with a plumbing business with over $250,000 net taxable income having the rebates given by Bush cancelled. I think they should go back to paying their fair share.

On the other hand, Joe's business he might be thinking of buying doesn't make $250,000 taxable income (taxable income value is not the value given when buying a business) and if he did I'd go to a different plumber. If any of you are paying so much that your plumber is making $250,000 a year, please find another plumber ... you're being charged too much."

I happen to know a plumbing company that employs 25 plumbers and I'm quite sure they net at least 1/2 million a year.I know they plumbed 4 schools and charged more than a million on each contract.At 10% profit thats 400,000 USD on those 4 contracts alone.
I think that a lot of people have no idea about reality.It is suddenly against the law to dream of a better world for your family.
I'm sorry if I don't have a link for this post as it is purely anecdotal and true.
 eric2008
Msg: 8 (view)

Obama vs McCain on taxes & truth about the war
Posted: 10/20/2008 6:58:04 AM
"A warmonger supporter worried about starting a war. Obama's true stance on Pakistan mirrors that of the fringe Right yet they distort his stance as a point against him. Silliness! Considering the current administration whose foreign policy is supported by McCain is going into Pakistan now like a drunk bull in a china shop, this argument is goofy."

Have you heard what McCain has said about Pakistan?Have you heard what Obama has stated? I have not distorted anything.I have only relayed what has been said by both men on public TV maybe you need to watch a replay of the debates.Criticize me if you want to,its your right, but it wont change what the two candidates stated in public.It also shows that you are all willing to lie to show that your candidate is better.It proves that the left only lies when their lips are moving or in this case when they type.
 eric2008
Msg: 6 (view)

Obama vs McCain on taxes & truth about the war
Posted: 10/20/2008 12:41:47 AM
When Obama starts the war with Pakistan are you going to support him then?
Obama has repeatedly stated that he supports going into Pakistan without permission from the Pakistani government's permission.President Zardari has stated that Pakistan will defend it's borders against the US military and they have Nuclear weapons.
McCain has stated that we must respect Pakistan's borders and work with them to defeat Al Qaeda.
Thats called respecting international law.Obama wants to start an illegal war(at least thats what the Obama supporters call Iraq) with a nuclear power.That is the height of stupidity.
 eric2008

Joe the plumber revealed
Posted: 10/18/2008 11:46:12 PM
"I find it kinda funny that a guy would identify himself as someone he is not. I find it kinda funny that a guy would lie about his name, then ask about taxes when he still owes taxes and has a lien on his property.
I find it kinda funny that the guy who lied about his name didn't just read all over the internet, magazines, and/or newspapers to get information about the Obama tax plan.
I find that kinda funny and uber dumb."

I find it funny that you say he used a false name.His name is Samuel Joseph "Joe" Wurzelbacher.Did he lie?No.He's been called Joe by his friends and family since he was a child.I have known many people who tried to fill out their own taxes and made mistakes.They set-up a payment plan with IRS and pay it off.Thats why I pay somebody else to fill it out for me.I find some peoples posts uber dumb.The controversy about Joe is a distraction from what Obama said.Spread the wealth is pure Marxism.

I also think any person who reads the dailykos needs to examine their ability to reason properly.It may be the only form of media that is inaccurate more than the National Enquirer.To use it as a source on POF is comical.
 eric2008

election '08
Posted: 10/16/2008 11:22:37 PM
"Our laws state that candidates for President of this country must have been BORN IN THIS COUNTRY.

You think so, eh? McCain wasn't born in the USA but in the old Panama Canal zone. What about his citizenship? "

Have you been asleep?At the time that McCain was born, there was a military base there and he was born on the base.All US military bases overseas are considered US territory by US and international law.Do some research before you start posting things that have been done to death.
 eric2008
Msg: 97 (view)

ACORN busted in Nevada
Posted: 10/16/2008 3:48:27 AM
"In just the last week, we've had a phoney stunt raid in swing state Nevada (where Acorn had been cooperating with officials for months, concerning problem canvassers they'd long ago fired); a Republican election official in swing state Missouri tell Fox News that she's being beseiged with fraudulent registration forms from Acorn (in a county where they've not done any registration work since August); a Republican sheriff in swing state Ohio, who, the very next day, suddenly requested the names and addresses of hundreds of early voters (with evidence of exactly zero wrong doing, but lots of Democratic-leaning college student in the particular county, and John McCain's state campaign chair as a partner in the investigation); and a screaming front page headline in Rupert Murdoch's New York Post about a guy who claims he was somehow tricked by Acorn into registering 72 times (but read the article closely to note he says he registered at the same address each time, which, even if true, would allow him - you guessed it - precisely one legal vote.)"

I can't determine if some people are being delibrately obtuse or if they are just that naive.
The purpose of the massive voter registration fraud is to flood the system with too many voter registration cards to process before the election.Take Ohio for instance,With same day voting registration and voting the registration cannot be confirmed and with the Sec. of State refusing to give the neccessary info to confirm the registration voter fraud is not only possible but LIKELY.In Ohio,No ID is required just show up with a registration card and vote.
Once again we see certain liberals defending the undefendable.
 eric2008
Msg: 229 (view)

Help Me Understand....
Posted: 9/25/2008 12:11:31 PM
Did you know that Fact Check .org is funded by the Annenberg public policy center?And Obama was Chairman of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge?Did you know that they are both funded from the same place? follow the money.
 eric2008
Msg: 227 (view)

Help Me Understand....
Posted: 9/25/2008 6:59:00 AM
I didn't duck your question.I am trying to research it with non-bias sources which is very difficult.I don't use blogs,The NYT ,MSNBC,and other obviously left sources.

By the way who is going to Washington.Its time for both candidates to show some LEADERSHIP.They need to be leaders of their parties and go to Washington and come up with a bi-partisan plan that will show that they care about the American people and not just their political careers.
 eric2008
Msg: 226 (view)

Help Me Understand....
Posted: 9/25/2008 6:46:49 AM
He attended the church for 20 years. He didn't listen to racist sermons for 20 years.

No racist sermons happened ? nice try .

I did check records .
nice dodge though.

Ayers visited home more than once and gave at least one campaign contribution personally to Obama also served for three years on board of Chicago Woods foundation with Ayers.Also served with Ayers on board of Chicago Annenberg Challenge together .
Nice lie.

Nice of you to Acknowledge funds.Then alows Franklin Raines to be housing and Mortgage advisor .Raines recieved 90 million in salary and bonuses while President of Fannie mae before he was fired for mismanagement.What is Obama going to Washington for?Financial industry ruined by bad loans :large portion bad loans sold by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Even Joe Biden says commercial was just wrong and inaccurate.He's the VP candidate isn't he?

You don't get to vote present as President you have to make a decision and defend a position.

BS The medical association opposes every new law because they FEAR malpractice law suits.By the way do you really think that the Huffington post is not Bias?

The things that you point out are part of the Surge.Do you deny that the violence has lessened?Then you are more deluded than I thought.

Fact did not visit even after he was asked to visit.

Community is still one of the most crime ridden communities in America with one of the highest rate of illeracy in the developed world.Fact.....God help them if Obama had not drug them out of the gutter.

$750000 for the Illinois River Visitor Bureau the world couldn't do without that.If you want more info go to the Citizens Against Government Waste. they can show you the other $739,250,000.

And unless I read your profile wrong your a Canadian and whoever gets elected wont be your President he'll be mine.You need to spend more time catching up on Canada's #rd election in 4years and leave this one to us.
 eric2008
Msg: 217 (view)

Help Me Understand....
Posted: 9/24/2008 8:19:29 PM
Obama attends Trinity Church twenty years listening to RACIST sermons=Poor Judgement
Obama votes with Nancy Pelosi 97% of the time =Poor judgement
Obama associates with Domestic Terrorist Bill Ayers over ten years=Poor Judgement
Obama accepts the Second most political Contributions from Freddie and Fannie =Poor judgement
Obama Ridicules John McCains physical limitations by making ad about lack of computer skills=Dirtiest political ad of all times McCain got limitations by being shot down and tortured by Vietnamese=Obama shows NO judgement.
Obama votes present 160+ times in Illinois legislature=Poor judgement
Obama votes against bill forcing doctors to save live babies=Poor Judgement
Obama says surge wont work in Iraq and it does =Poor judgement
Obama refuses to visit wounded soldiers in Iraq=Poor Judgement
Obama wasn't just a community organizer his job was to essentially be community lobbyist and to get EARMARKS for community from legislature then says he's against EARMARKS= Poor judgement
Obama gets 740 million in EARMARKS for Illinois now he believes earmarks are wrong=What Judgement is that?
 eric2008
Msg: 214 (view)

Help Me Understand....
Posted: 9/24/2008 7:22:21 PM
You know what poor decision making is? Having Franklin Raines as a housing and mortgage advisor.You know the guy that was President of Fannie Mae and was caught padding the books.Having Johnson,Former President of Freddie Mac on your VP search committee help you pick Joe Biden as VP.Those are good people to have around you just after they go belly up and have to be bailed out.
I still can't get the picture of Joe Biden telling that guy in the wheelchair to stand up or Joe Biden telling the reporter that the new administration was against clean coal and Obama has said he's for it.
Obama has lied at every turn about the true connections he's had with Bill Ayers.Obama says that he's just an older guy from my neighborhood. They served on the board of the Woods Fund of Chicago and the Chicago Annenberg Challenge.Obama has accepted at least one political contribution from Ayers.Ayers has said in the past that he wished he had blown up more Government buildings when he was a member of the Weather Underground movement.
POOR JUDGEMENT.
 eric2008
Msg: 212 (view)

Help Me Understand....
Posted: 9/24/2008 6:45:26 PM
What the hell is McCain, who himself admitted he knows nothing about the economy actually going to do?

McCain never said those words,He said "I don't know as much as I would like too."
I am a Native American and I don't know as much as I would like to about other tribes.Obama has stated in the past that he didn't know as much as he needed to about the Economy.Also if Obama thinks he'll be President in 40 days he's dumb as a post.Even if he gets elected he wont get sworn in until Jan.20th.NOBODY said cancel any debate.AT LEAST once Obama needs to put country first also show up for a session of Congress.
 eric2008
Msg: 129 (view)

Why do you think Sarah will not speak to the media?
Posted: 9/24/2008 7:44:37 AM
They might be trying to get everyone on the same page so that she doesn't exhibit Bidenitis.You know the propensity to state positions directly in opposition to the policies of the presidential candidates.It was funny watching Biden say the Obama add telling America that McCain couldn't use a computer was wrong and that he would have stopped it if he could.Now when biden keep telling that guy in the wheelchair to stand up was priceless.

Show ALL Forums