Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Vegans/Vegetarians
 mrhugodrax
Msg: 105 (view)

Vegans/Vegetarians
Posted: 11/24/2014 5:02:11 PM

To have beliefs is one thing but to be in a mindset where you belittle everybody else's beliefs just displays your own lack of higher thinking skills and how far your closed mindedness really reaches. Many peoe have made very good points on every aspect of the op's topic, but for everybody with the "holier than thou" mentality... Take a minute to REALLY think about what you say before you submit it and make yourself look stupid. Everyone's entitled to their own thoughts, feelings, and beliefs, but stating them is not an invitation for ANYBODY (myself included) to belittle them or tell them they are wrong for being free thinkers or back g their own set of beliefs.

This is the same poor canard that all you people who kill animals use. Just because a vegetarian diet can not stop the killing of bugs or other creatures by accident, does not mean it is okay therefore to go ahead and breed animals for the purpose of slaughtering them. Surely you can make the distinction. Perfect is not the enemy good. And by the way, I don't kill bugs. I put them outside if I can. I do what I can not to kill.

The point is we have a conscience, and you don't. And you try to reconcile that fundamental difference by making specious arguments to make yourself seem not so bad after all.

People like you are the kinds of people who would have said in Nazi Germany, 'Hey, what's the big deal? It's only some dirty gypsies. Don't get your panties into a twist."

And there were many people who talked like that.
 mrhugodrax
Msg: 94 (view)

Vegans/Vegetarians
Posted: 11/19/2014 7:06:31 PM
I've been a vegetarian for 21 years. Very healthy and young looking for my 46 years. Never had a health problem.

Ethically, I think it is the only way to be. People who are not vegetarians are either not thinking about the issue (most people), or they simply lack a fully developed conscience, kind of like people who kill animals for sport. Ironically, many of these are the same people who think vacuuming a few cells in a uterus is murder most foul!
 mrhugodrax
Msg: 23 (view)

I don't know what happened
Posted: 11/19/2014 6:44:19 PM
It is actually quite unusual to get a dear john letter from someone on a dating site you have never met. lol.

That alone makes her special. Usually people just don't respond when they lose interest. You actually got a dear john letter. I bow down in awe.
 mrhugodrax
Msg: 13 (view)

Dating rate
Posted: 11/19/2014 6:34:39 PM
As you get older, the amount of interest from the opposite sex decreases. It's a linear relationship.

I have had only two dates in 2014. Ten years ago, I could have had 20 dates in a year. And by dates, I mean meet at a coffee shop.
 mrhugodrax
Msg: 7 (view)

Is something wrong with POF?
Posted: 11/17/2014 9:14:02 PM
when you get those messages, you can still see who it is by inputting the username in the search user name dialogue box.
 mrhugodrax
Msg: 35 (view)

Do you read profiles (fellas)?
Posted: 11/17/2014 9:03:08 PM
Yes, I read profiles.

And the number 1 most repeated headline for a woman's profile is . . . .

Looking for a Kind Hearted Man

I'm not kidding you. Of course, this is in the 40+ bracket, and the older the women, the more often this headline comes up. But I have come across this headline hundreds of times.
 mrhugodrax
Msg: 19 (view)

Putting yourself out there !!
Posted: 11/17/2014 8:57:04 PM
Well the expression putting yourself out there to me has no real meaning because it can not be defined. Those people are just talking through their hats.

But putting a profile on a major dating site is about as putting it out there as there is, short of hiring a skywriting plane to advertise your singledom.

And as you already know, dates are few and far in between even with your dating profile.
 mrhugodrax
Msg: 46 (view)

Would you date a guy who never had a girlfriend before?
Posted: 6/23/2014 7:02:13 PM
I'm 46 and never had anyone. I think it is much more common than people think.
 mrhugodrax
Msg: 50 (view)

Do you want children?
Posted: 12/23/2013 10:10:34 PM
What surprises me are women in the 40s who say they want kids.

Show ALL Forums