Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: I just needed some time away
 Invictus01
Msg: 10 (view)

I just needed some time away
Posted: 7/14/2012 3:30:57 PM
There is no other dude... but she wants me to be a friend for now... One of these days, I will figure out these mystical creatures called women...
 Invictus01
Msg: 1 (view)

"I just needed some time away"
Posted: 7/14/2012 11:37:13 AM
So, I met this girl, we had a few dates over a period of 3 weeks. Really hit it off, blah blah blah. Then she canceled a date. Ok, no big deal, work happens. Then she canceled another. Alright, family is family, gotta do what you gotta do. Then she rescheduled the next... then she she stopped replying to my calls/texts altogether. After a couple of unanswered texted, I stopped bugging her. Like the girl, but I can't make her like me.

This morning, 10 days after I last heard anything from her, I get the following text - "Hey you, I'm sorry for being so distant. I just needed some time away. I hope you understand." Um...

C'mon, ladies, help me understand this...
 Invictus01
Msg: 7 (view)

Graduate school?
Posted: 1/24/2012 7:43:38 PM
Considering that you are finishing your grad degree, I have a feeling you wouldn't wanna date somebody for who education is a turn off anyway.
 Invictus01
Msg: 16 (view)

Date meeting went wrong this morning
Posted: 7/31/2011 8:56:08 PM

There is no place for this in dating. They may take our lives but they will NEVER take our.... Oh, wait, I got carried away :)

Seriously dude, crap happens. You know you were there, you know she wasn't. Let her feel better about it by blaming it on you and move it. It's not you, it's her.
 Invictus01
Msg: 105 (view)

Is hair style a package deal on a woman?
Posted: 7/31/2011 8:36:56 PM
You are entering the "your ass would look smaller if you wore a different dress" territory with this one...
 Invictus01
Msg: 5 (view)

Stood up twice in a row by the same member
Posted: 7/31/2011 8:29:12 PM
First things first, you look awesome for being 100 years old, what's your secret?

Second things second, you should just let this one go and enforce a strict one strike and you are out policy going forward. No sense in spending all that effort on some idiot.
 Invictus01
Msg: 47 (view)

Dating experience I would rather forget!
Posted: 7/31/2011 6:56:41 PM
Had my nose broken by the girl while we were on our date (we had dated for a few months prior to that fun experience), six cop cars showed up, she got arrested, etc. Good times!
 Invictus01
Msg: 4 (view)

Six Sixes
Posted: 7/31/2011 8:42:58 AM

you are spending WAY to much time on trying to figure out why YOU can't get a date.

too funny,
just sayin'

Thanks for having such a high opinion of me.

This just was just posted by somebody on my Facebook yesterday, I figured I post this and see what everybody thinks.

Just sayin'.
 Invictus01
Msg: 2 (view)

It just takes time & nothing else
Posted: 7/30/2011 10:58:55 PM

I really hope your right. Its only been 3 weeks since my last relationship and its been the longest 3 weeks of my life. I guess I'm in that state where I look around my life and hate everything about it. A feeling of being a failure in everything also comes and goes. It gets worse at night when I'm alone.

You will be alright dude. It might be next week or next month or whatever amount of time it takes, but you will be alright. Sucks but you can't do much about it. Meanwhile, don't get pissed off at people who tell you stuff you don't want to hear because chances are, they are right and you can't see it from where you are standing.
 Invictus01
Msg: 12 (view)

meet me
Posted: 7/30/2011 10:47:38 PM
Oh, those "somebody wants to meet you!" emails actually mean that somebody clicked some button? I just assumed they were spam and ignored them...
 Invictus01

It just takes time & nothing else
Posted: 7/30/2011 10:37:46 PM
You know, 3 years ago I was on this forum after I got shattered into pieces by somebody I rrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaally liked. Fast forward 3 years later (don't worry, I haven't been broken hearted all this time, I'm not THAT nuts) and I think back and realize that what people were telling me was right. Every single thing...

I look at the posts here now and read replies and it was me back then. The problem is that when you are caught in that moment, it is impossible to be as rational as somebody who is looking at your situation from the outside. I guess people want to talk through things and find answers but deep down, they will never accept what the "outsider" is telling them until things calm down and they can look at things rationally.

So, for all of you looking for answers on this forum. You will get a lot of encouragement, you will find some harsh words, you will find a lot of stuff. But you won't find what you are really looking for... it just takes time.
 Invictus01
Msg: 8 (view)

Guys go first?
Posted: 7/30/2011 10:19:48 PM
If you wait on women to start messaging you, you will get 2 messages... a year. So, start messaging girls. THE worst that can happen is that you won't hear back. And then you message somebody else. It's not like your mission is to find THE one and you only got one shot to do it. Relax, it ain't that scary
 Invictus01

Six Sixes
Posted: 7/30/2011 9:57:16 PM
The following was posted on askmen.com. With how much of this do you agree?

What You Need To Know

Women who are looking for perfect-10 men are judging us based on the Six Sixes.
Not every guy's car has to have 600 horsepower, but econo-boxes won't do.
The most important criterion is the one you fear the most.
"Women have come up with a system of their own to weed out the average Joes from the Brad Pitts."
You know how men use a scale from 1-10 to determine a woman’s attractiveness? A 10 is a smoking-hot babe a la Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and a 1 is something that crawled out of a murky Louisiana swamp. Well, women have their scale too, and it’s called the Six Sixes. But unlike men's method, which judges women based solely on their appearance, the Six Sixes evaluates men on their bodies, their income and their ability to…perform.

In other words, women have come up with a system of our own, created to weed out the average Joes from the Brad Pitts. Shallow? Perhaps, but don’t think she’s not judging you. Unless she’s a gold digger and solely out for the cash, most gorgeous, independent women are going for the gold: the crème de la crème of men. Put plainly, we're looking to score as many sixes as we can. The more sixes a girl can score, the better. A ten-incher or a seven-figure salary can make up for a lack in the other departments, but if you’re majorly missing one of the below, you might want to start working on filling in the gaps. Read on for a breakdown of the Six Sixes.

A Six-Figure Salary

These days a six-figure salary isn’t much, but it’s sure as hell better than a five-figure salary. Five figures is fine for your average Joe, but to many ambitious women, five figures screams middle class. A successful woman is searching for someone who can treat her to the finer things in life: last-minute weekends in Paris, vacations in Bali and expensive dinners. But it’s not just about the material things. No matter how equal women become to men, when it’s all said and done, money equals power and masculinity. A man who earns a lot of money can more easily take care of his family. And to a lot of us, that is way sexy.

At Least Six Feet Tall

It almost goes without saying that taller men are more attractive to women. Six feet is a good starting point; it’s sort of like how guys think of a 36C cup size. Height suggests safety and security. We like to feel small and protected in the arms of our guy. A man who’s two inches taller than us is not likely to make us feel sexy or taken care of. More likely we'll feel like we're hanging out with a friend -- and that is not going to get us hot and bothered.

At Least 600 Horsepower In His Car

All right, a guy doesn’t absolutely need a 600-horsepower car. But he does have to drive a car that’s powerful. A Chevy Aveo isn’t going to cut it. A Mercedes, BMW, Lexus or Bentley is a good pick for the fancier girl. For a more laid-back type, an SUV or Audi would be a good choice. But no matter what, station wagons, hatchbacks, minivans, or small budget cars are out if you want to impress Dream Girl.

A Six-Pack Abdomen

A six-pack is just an added bonus, but it’s a big one. Sure, a guy without one can be attractive, but there’s nothing more pleasurable than touching a guy who’s hard as a rock. It makes sex that much more fun. Plus, a guy in shape is more likely to go all night. A guy who’s flabby? Not so much.
At Least Six Months Since Last Relationship
This is an important one for anyone, male or female. If a woman is looking for a keeper, she’s looking for someone emotionally available, and that means someone who is well over his last relationship and not looking for a quick fix for his broken heart. There’s nothing worse than knowing you are the rebound girl.

At Least Six Inches Below The Belt

This sixth point of the Six Sixes is likely to be the one that makes guys the most nervous -- or the most confident, depending on where they stand. To be fair, not all women need a guy who’s at least six inches. But those women are generally not highly sexual. For the rest of us, a minimum of six inches is essential if we want to get off. Lest you think this is superficial, think again. It’s a matter of basic physics: A larger penis makes it easier to hit the g-spot, therefore making it easier to orgasm. A wider penis causes more friction, which enhances pleasure. So if you’re not packing down below, make sure you’ve got those oral and fingering skills down pat.

The bottom line? The Six Sixes are a way for women to measure her man’s virility. If you’re lacking in one of the above, start making some changes -- or settle for being just average.
 Invictus01

Please lie to me
Posted: 7/30/2011 9:33:37 PM
Ooooops, that is embarrassing, thanks for the spelling corrections!

And thanks for the other two suggestions. I might have gotten carried away with my smartassness :)
 Invictus01

Please lie to me
Posted: 7/30/2011 9:17:44 PM
I kid, I kid... I can handle cold hard truth, although I might cry a little if it hurts too much.

I have been told that my profile is a bit too blunt. I'm just trying to put together something different, not what girls read time after time after time - I am a sweet guy, blah blah, I love romantic movies, blah blah, I looooooooooooooooove cats.

Anyway, let me know what you think
 Invictus01

Too thin?
Posted: 6/30/2009 7:43:23 PM
5'9 @ 105? Um.. probably too thin...
 Invictus01
Msg: 6 (view)

The appeal of the unambitious/unemployed type?
Posted: 6/25/2009 6:20:29 AM
Kinda surprised you haven't been slammed yet for asking this question. I'm sure you eventually will be, just a matter of time.
 Invictus01

Hitting on you at the gym....
Posted: 6/24/2009 12:04:32 PM
"Lemme add that if the guy was hot enough for me to notice, then I wouldn't miss him talking to me, I'd make sure nothing got in the way of it...if he "blends" in with everyone else, less chance that I'll be paying attention"<--- so, it is really no different than a bar, right? :)
 Invictus01

Should I or should I not?
Posted: 6/24/2009 11:43:43 AM
Oh, we talked about it numerous times. It wouldn't be totally out of the blue.
 Invictus01

Should I or should I not?
Posted: 6/24/2009 11:32:49 AM
A short version of the long story. I've know this girl for 10+ years. She was in a relationship when we met (she was 19, I was 22), ended up marrying the guy... and divorcing him earlier this year. (Actually, she wanted to divorce him in the beginning of last year but decided to stick around to make things work... like that ever works). We have flirted all this time but, hey, she was married, so I stayed away.

I moved to a difference city a year a half ago. We have talked about her coming down here and visiting me but something always came up. I'm thinking about just buying her a plane ticket (with enough notice, maybe like 2 months away) and sending her the itinerary by mail with a short hand written note, something along the lines of "Come visit me!" If she uses it, good for me. If she doesn't... well, I'll just be out of a couple of hundred bucks. Less money to waste on some stupid crap.

The question is... if you were that girl, and got a ticket like this under these circumstances, what would your reaction be?
 Invictus01
Msg: 15 (view)

Spreadsheet Dating?
Posted: 6/23/2009 8:19:30 PM
Did she have the column "F#$ed on the first date (Y/N)"?
 Invictus01

ok guys i need your help!!
Posted: 6/19/2009 12:12:24 PM
Because he wanted to get laid?
 Invictus01

Guys, Would You Date a Female Professional Gambler?
Posted: 6/17/2009 6:12:11 AM
Why not? Don't see why it would be that big of a deal....
 Invictus01
Msg: 6 (view)

Is a single guy at church a turn on?
Posted: 6/13/2009 6:45:23 PM
People in a church is a turn off in general...
 Invictus01
Msg: 13 (view)

Can someone, ANYONE, explain this to me????
Posted: 6/7/2009 10:10:02 PM
There is gotta be a delete button somewhere on the screen that displays that kind of stuff. Use it lavishly.
 Invictus01

men's preferences
Posted: 6/7/2009 9:57:15 PM
My rule on boobs - as long as her boobs are bigger than mine, it's all good!
 Invictus01
Msg: 3 (view)

cute guy at the gym part 2
Posted: 6/7/2009 9:53:18 PM
[sarcasm]Oh hell no... we go to the gym only to work out. I hate it when women approach me in the gym. I'm all sweaty and stuff and she wants to talk to me?!? Oh heeeeell no!!![/sarcasm]

That's about the kind of response you get to a question like that in the "Ask A Girl" forum. Just sayin'.... :)
 Invictus01

"Are there any good men left?" type of a question
Posted: 6/7/2009 9:43:22 PM
Can somebody tell me what this means? Every time I see that in a headline/profile, I wanna write back "No, we all boarded a space ship and run away to Mars from all crazy women on Planet Earth. Funny enough, there is still access to plentyoffish.com over here".

But really... what does that mean?!?
 Invictus01

language barrier problem, should I ask?
Posted: 5/28/2009 2:57:12 PM
What are the chances of this going anywhere if you can't even understand each other?

Well, I guess I know where it could go... not a bad place! :)
 Invictus01

How do I politely tell a woman...
Posted: 4/20/2009 7:32:08 AM
... that she needs to close her mouth when she chews gum?

We work together and she is driving me nuts. You can hear constant chewing from 3 offices down the hall. It might have been cool back when she was 25... 30 years ago... but these days it just drives everybody up the wall.

Invictus01

Is there such a thing as too well put-together?
Posted: 4/19/2009 7:29:43 PM
You don't want to deal with a woman who is intimidated by you. Besides, I'm sure for every woman for who you "are having it too together", there is one who wants a guy like that.

In other words... don't worry about it.
 Invictus01

Posted: 4/17/2009 8:07:30 PM
1 max. After that, it's her loss.
 Invictus01
Msg: 14 (view)

She suggests meeting, then rejects
Posted: 4/17/2009 8:02:35 PM
Eff them.. keep on fishing!
 Invictus01

Whats best to say in the first message
Posted: 4/17/2009 8:00:08 PM
I always go with...

Hi babe, nice legs, what time do they open?

Never works, but I always go with that one...
 Invictus01
Msg: 13 (view)

Going to the Gym for a Second Date? Good Idea?
Posted: 4/10/2009 11:26:58 PM
"She said she enjoy exercise and she could use some too because she is getting overweight"

If she enjoyed exercising... she wouldn't be getting overweight...

I'm gonna get killed for that one.
 Invictus01
Msg: 177 (view)

Men over 30, unmarried no children
Posted: 4/8/2009 5:55:43 AM
As opposed to men over 30 with multiple kids and divorces? Now THAT I'm sure sounds pretty damn appealing to any woman out there!
 Invictus01

You deserve someone better than me..
Posted: 3/22/2009 7:07:45 AM
Dude, take her word for it. A chick who throws a line like that at you... you DO deserve someone better than her. For starters, someone who will be honest with you and will have enough courage to tell you the truth instead of giving you BS like that. So, whatever it means, be glad she is gone. Although I realize it's easier said than done.
 Invictus01

Would a guy really prefer a 'not interested' to a no reply?
Posted: 3/22/2009 6:43:30 AM
That's a bunch of BS.

"Read/deleted" is enough of a not interested reply, no need to repeat yourself :)
 Invictus01

Why less men go to college...graduate... get advanced degrees?
Posted: 3/22/2009 6:41:42 AM
Some interesting reading on this topic

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090322/OPINION03/903220336/1032/OPINION03

Overall, though, to each his/her own. Some people want to go to school, some don't want to go to school. There is always an issue of the school debt (although where is a will there is a way) . While generally speaking you can survive without a degree, the current economic situation is when a degree really pays off. I read a couple of weeks ago that the unemployment rate among US college grads is around 4%. Compare that to almost 8% for overall pool of the US workers.
 Invictus01

would you go from dating to friend back to dating again?
Posted: 3/21/2009 9:25:07 PM
Nope... one and out. Whether I was dumped or I dumped her.

One and out.
 Invictus01

Sending a second message?
Posted: 3/17/2009 7:53:39 PM
Cmon dude... you get one shot. She doesn't reply, you send a message to somebody else.
 Invictus01

Need Guy Advice
Posted: 3/6/2009 11:28:31 PM
"You miss 100% of shots you don't take" -Wayne Gretzky

You missed that shot.
 Invictus01
Msg: 9 (view)

Do all men think women are suppose to have sex on the first date
Posted: 3/6/2009 7:52:17 PM
Pardon for being a bit rude... but.. wtf?
 Invictus01
Msg: 22 (view)

Why do women like a badboy but get scared when a nice guy gets nasty?
Posted: 3/6/2009 6:45:36 PM
I think all threads that have the combination of words "nice" and "guy" next to each other need to be deleted on arrival.
 Invictus01

What is too nice?
Posted: 3/6/2009 5:30:22 PM
It means that she didn't want to tell you the real reason she wanted out.
 Invictus01

Not quite sure what approach to take......
Posted: 2/25/2009 8:44:49 PM

Lose the RedWings photo. You don't know how many Maple Leafs / Canadiens / Penguins / (fill in the blank) fans you're losing with that one photo.

If a guy reads her profile, looks at pics and goes "Hm, a great girl, but a Wings fan...no chance in hell!!!"... he needs to have his head examined. And if he does, she probably doesn't wanna have anything to do with him anyway.
 Invictus01
Msg: 17 (view)

what should I expect from POF experience
Posted: 2/23/2009 10:30:39 AM

If one doesn't respond to your email........ forget about it.
If a first meet doesn't work out......... forget about it.
If a person just disappears on you..... forget about it.
Don't try to analyze or figure it out. You will never know why anyway.[quote/]

Expect NOTHING - that way you will never be disappointed. It took me over 18 months and two profiles to find my ideal fishie.....

Invictus01
Msg: 47 (view)

Am I unconsciously attracting emotionally unavailable partners into my life?
Posted: 2/23/2009 10:09:09 AM
If you have that much experience with women women like that, you should be able to see them from a mile away and just avoid them. You can't change the person, can't fix those kind of emotional issue. You are better off just not getting involved at all with those women.
 Invictus01
Msg: 29 (view)

She dumped me but still calls?
Posted: 2/22/2009 8:34:29 PM
Ah... how familiar... I went through this last year. Seriously, the same story, word for word. People will tell you all these very smart things about blocking emails and phone calls and such. I mean, great ideas... if you the person who isn't emotially involved and can make rational decisions. However, when you are head over heels in love with somebody, all those things are just damn near impossible to do.

I don't know why women do that, or men for that matter. They know they got power over you, they wanna feed their ego. Whatever it is, it sucks to be on the other end. If you can follow through with all those rational advices, you will be better off in the long run. But it takes some freakin' balls to do it.
 Invictus01

How to say no without breaking someones heart
Posted: 2/19/2009 7:45:34 PM
Ah, just tell them to @#$% off... this way they won't fall in love with you right away... and you can't break their hearts.

Show ALL Forums