Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Women who cannot work?
 whater39
Msg: 6 (view)

Women who cannot work?
Posted: 9/3/2007 2:27:46 PM
A person always has to be doing something. School, job, taking care of someone (children or parents or grandparents), or something. Even if they do some thing just part time.
 whater39
Msg: 24 (view)

When a woman writes I'm a good girl
Posted: 9/3/2007 2:25:20 PM
A good girl.

Makes me think more conservative, a sorta "goodie-two-shoes"
Most likely more of a homebody, then a party girl.
A chance that they will be a prude.

It can have many positive aspects to it, but it can also be misinterpreted. Use with caution.

whater39
Msg: 121 (view)

my date told me they were kinky but it was too much
Posted: 9/3/2007 2:00:44 PM
A cheesegrater is not having anything to do with me. I cut my knuckle on time using one, now i have a scar from it, so...................

I don't think you were being narrow minded. People have different limits, and she crossed yours. I don't think your limit was restrictive. I'll take the term I learnt in law class, it's called "The reasonable person test", that is actually how many laws were actually passed.
 whater39
Msg: 185 (view)

would you share your toothbrush??
Posted: 9/3/2007 12:38:23 AM
No way that's totally yucky. Just buy some extra toothbrushes.

They are cheap & never go bad. Eventually you will use them yourself or your over night guest can use them.

I'm sure it would show some level of commitment.
 whater39
Msg: 54 (view)

What should we gals write in a first contact message.
Posted: 7/14/2007 5:02:03 PM
I'm sure some guys might actually get intimadated. And sure "traditional" guys might think your not acting your "role".

But I totally think you should. "if you want it done right, do it yourself". Also it shows some interest.

If two people are passive, nothing will happen.
 whater39
Msg: 1 (view)

stating: no players OR losers
Posted: 7/9/2007 8:47:10 PM
I have never understood this one. I read some girl's profile. And so many of them say:
-no players
-no losers
-no creeps
-no blah blah blah

I don't understand the logic of the girls who put this in their profiles. As most guys are not going to think there a loser. So there going to say "well that doesn't include me".

If a guy is a player he's not going to read the sentence "no players", then all the sudden get scared off. If he's a player he has enough game, to get around things like that.

Personally to me, I read those comments like that as maybe the girl is jaded? I'm not sure. Has any girl had a decline in the amount of "losers" who contact them if they state that in their profile.

You only get one chance at a first impression. And that impression could be your profile. So on that impression your wanting to state negative things on it.

I don't think your going to read many guys profiles, that say "no head cases, no gold diggers"
 whater39
Msg: 22 (view)

Bi, Gay, Straight Dilemma
Posted: 6/12/2007 6:37:50 PM
It doesn't matter what a person's sexual orientation is, one shouldn't support being a "home wrecker".

Glad to hear that your friend didn't take advantage of the bar tender when she was drunk.
 whater39
Msg: 127 (view)

Linux distros who likes what?
Posted: 5/29/2007 1:13:29 AM
Red Hat - use it at my work.

OpenBSD - is cool, very secure.

But, I love my Windows. The file permissions on Windows are soo much better. There is more then read/write/execute. And I want multiple groups etc etc. GUI's are my fav, even though windows should get some more command line stuff.
 whater39
Msg: 89 (view)

Infidelity should be a criminal offence!!!
Posted: 5/10/2007 8:27:08 PM
"you hurt my feelings" that should be against the law. Death Penalty.
"you looked at me funny" 20years.

As much as it's a bad thing to cheat, It's a intangible thing. It can be used as a means to get divorce, that is the punishment. Maybe it should have some weight on the divorce settlement.
 whater39
Msg: 31 (view)

Why did you divorce/split?
Posted: 5/10/2007 10:11:54 AM
My question is, if these people are loser. Why did you marry them in the first place?
 whater39
Msg: 56 (view)

I inform every potential date that sex will not happen anytime soon..
Posted: 5/10/2007 7:02:30 AM
To OP, just make sure you have a well thought out answer incase some guy asks why.

I would make sure that you let him know that it's a more of a:
"go with the flow"
OPPOSED TO
"i'm using sex as a dating tool/game"

I'm sure that most decent guys are willing to wait for a while, as long as they know your intentions.
 whater39
Msg: 2 (view)

Flutie
Posted: 5/10/2007 4:40:33 AM
The day he retired, I ripped the 2 page spread out of the newspaper at work. My co-worker objected. I said "Trust me this paper means more to me then you".

One of my FAV players of all time.
 whater39
Msg: 25 (view)

Buying drinks
Posted: 5/10/2007 3:53:34 AM
I was at a bar one night with my buddy. This girl walks us to us, no eye contact before or anything. And asks either of us to buy a drink. My buddy pointed at me. I pretty much asked the same question as the OP.

A side note. A friend of mine use to hussel guys for drinks at the bar. She would actually have a competition with another firend to see who could get the most free ones at the end of the night.
 whater39
Msg: 20 (view)

Am I too clingy?
Posted: 5/10/2007 3:17:16 AM
I say the best is to see the person twice a week. The usual average should be 1-3 times. But twice a week is the best. A weekday and one weekend day.

Some weeks you might not even see her, but some weeks you might see her everyday. On days you don't see her, it's fine to call/IM, her saying how ya doing and stuff.

But people need their space. And they have their own friends who might want her time also.
 whater39
Msg: 70 (view)

Looking for (enter age range)
Posted: 5/10/2007 3:09:38 AM
age / 2 + 7 = XX

I use that as my Min & Max.
 whater39
Msg: 27 (view)

Would you want your hot girlfriend to put a picture up on here?
Posted: 5/10/2007 2:46:27 AM
Who cares if your girlfriend is "hot" or not. What matters is if she would pursue other men for more then regular friends. That would be her personality, not her looks. Yes she will get more responses being hot, but that's not the point.

Also gets some confidence buddy, geez. If your an amazing guy then there's no way she will want a different man. If you weren't amazing to her, then who's fault is that. If your amazing to her & she cheats on you, then you don't want that girl anyways.
 whater39
Msg: 223 (view)

Girlfriend Wants Plenty of Fish Password!
Posted: 5/10/2007 2:33:13 AM
I wouldn't give her the password. Since it's your account it's your "property". I don't give my password for any account (e-mail, ban.k or whatever to anyone).

I would be willing to let her once see my profile and mail IN/OUT history & what I had posted on the forums. This would be with me sitting with her there. That way you can prove your not up to any "funny business".
 whater39
Msg: 48 (view)

What is tall for a man?
Posted: 5/9/2007 9:55:19 PM
Makes you better at basketball and grabbing stuff off of shelves.

There is some sort of a protection that a taller guys gives, when he puts his arms over the shoulders of a girl. But it's not the kicking ass protection. I have yet to understand it.

I hate the logic women give, "i wear heels". Heels are not part of you. So if a guy wears a top hat, can he add that to his height??

I also don't understand why short girls want a really tall guy, so he can awkwardly bend over to kiss. I say, one person tilts their head up, the other down to kiss (regardless of which sex they are).

Height is just a #, it also is something they can't change. Same with age & race. A person can change their hobbies, friends, job & lots of other things. One should judge a person on those.
 whater39
Msg: 6 (view)

Do men see women's virginity as sexy?
Posted: 5/9/2007 5:06:20 AM
I stay away.

I either think the girl has no relationship skills. Not trusting of men, or doesn't know how to be in a relationship.

Or the girl is deeply religous or something like that. I'm unsure why people want to stay virgins, as sex is great. Their just willingly holding them selves back from one of the best things in life.

The women is inexperinced in sex, and maybe other area's of life.

Anyways, thoose types of girls are not for me.
 whater39
Msg: 127 (view)

IF YOUR PARTNER BEATS YOU DO YOU STAY OR LEAVE
Posted: 5/8/2007 5:58:46 AM
Get out. If you for some crazy reason want to stay, that's your choice.

But the #1 thing a parent should do is: "Show your child the proper way to live life".

Showing that abuse is ok, is not the correct message to show. As people later on in life say this comment "it's all that I ever knew"
 whater39
Msg: 23 (view)

Do men lose all common sense when online?
Posted: 5/8/2007 5:55:24 AM
I'm guessing the blood in not in their Brain when they say "ur hawt, wnna f*ck?".
I'm guessing it's "else where" in their body.
 whater39
Msg: 47 (view)

why aren't men more open to anal play?
Posted: 5/8/2007 5:22:41 AM
I don't know why some people think it's a homosexual activity, if it was a women giving it to you. Then it's a women giving it to you (nto a man, which would be homosexual behavior).

This is more common in a much worse aspect of life, colon cancer, where people refuse to get tested.
 whater39
Msg: 63 (view)

tall girls?
Posted: 5/8/2007 5:20:45 AM
I don't care about height at all. I think men are a lot more excepting of taller women. Then women are excepting of shorter men.

I don't see the logic, on wanting a person of a certain height. As it doesn't really do anything. I think alot of people could be missing out on a great person, just because of a factor in life they have no control over.
 whater39
Msg: 18 (view)

What About Tomboyish Gals?
Posted: 5/8/2007 5:03:48 AM
My opinion on tomboys. as long as they can change their personality based on what their wearing. Then it can be a girl who is the best of both worlds.

SWEAT PANTS -vs-DRESS
 whater39
Msg: 12 (view)

Are Guys Really OK with Older Women for Long Term?
Posted: 5/8/2007 5:02:25 AM
There are 3 things I never care about on a women, as they are things they can't change.
-Height

I do care about things they can change, hobbies, friends, personality, etc.
 whater39
Msg: 2 (view)

If he loves me...whys he chatting online/datingsites
Posted: 5/8/2007 4:56:55 AM
What does his profile status say??? Single? or looking for friends?

I HIGHLY DON'T RECOMMEND THIS STEP......but.....
One solution a girl once did. She meet her b/f online, and she noticed that he updated his profiles pics, but didn't change the status (single to looking for friends). So she created a profile for her self & contacted him. The boy friend was actually being a great guy, and told this girl who contacted him "i have a girl friend, but I'll try to help you find a boy friend"

But this is kinda method isn't not very trusting at all. And there there is nothing wrong with a person having new & old friends of the opposite sex.
 whater39
Msg: 33 (view)

What do you do if you fall for a guy/woman and they gain a lot of weight?
Posted: 5/7/2007 6:48:08 PM
Well you could do activities with him that burn off calories. Or maybe go grocery shopping with him, grab a movie to watch after put away groceries (yes i know that means no exercise that night).

You could always have a "CHAT" about that topic. During that chat you can say the golden line "relationships are hard work to maintain". Which means your not working hard enough in some of those area's. Something like that.

Usually in life if there is one topic like this, then I'm sure there are other area's of life that would be similar.
 whater39
Msg: 11 (view)

Abusive relationships...
Posted: 5/1/2007 8:07:37 PM
I say stay away. Multiple times he was abusive. And he cuts himself, sounds a little suicidal. Give him credit for being open about it, maybe he has changed.

The thing I would focus on is the multiple times, it's possible that he wasn't thinking clearly and lashed out with a striking blow. After that happens one would hope that he would have thought about that alot, and made sure that he holds his temper from that not happening again. But it happened again, so that shows a pattern. Why take the chance, if a man is true to you, he would never ever consider hitting a girl.
 whater39
Msg: 68 (view)

What Men Wont Tell You But Women Need To Know by Bob Berkowitz
Posted: 5/1/2007 8:00:18 PM

1-take care of their home
2-To be fed
3-Sex on a regular basis

I have heard of another saying. Come naked, bring beer & pizza.
 whater39

Would you date a women bigger and more muscular then you?
Posted: 5/1/2007 7:57:48 PM
When you date someone, it's the total package. Their physical appearance is only one aspect. I personally wouldn't care, within reason. I don't think I would want to date a women who's trying out for those body building competitions, but there is nothing wrong at all with being toned.
 whater39
Msg: 65 (view)

So why don't women like cowboy's anymore???
Posted: 4/26/2007 7:25:21 PM
Cowboy = Hick. Who wants a hick????
 whater39
Msg: 32 (view)

is it ever o.k. to date your ex's friends?
Posted: 4/26/2007 6:57:33 PM
As long as the friend wasn't the reason why a couple broke up then I don't see a problem.
If the breakup was nasty then I would say no.
I am unsure of the time frame that should be invovled, some sort of Xmonths = X weeks type of thing.

If I was friends still with a ex & she dated a friend of mine, I would wish them the best. Why wouldn't I want my friends to be happy.
 whater39

Should I even bother? Attn: Shy guys!
Posted: 4/26/2007 6:46:22 PM
OP- I think you have tried lots. You have started up conversations & given your phone #. Maybe you could ask for his. But it comes to a point where you need to consider either he's not that interested OR he's just too shy.
 whater39
Msg: 42 (view)

what is the ultmate revenge you got on cheating spouse orbf/gf
Posted: 4/24/2007 3:27:36 AM

Caught my x cheating. I got him drunk one night and I superglued his hands to his penis. He had to go to the emergency room. It was hillarious

Grow up, maybe there was a reason why he cheated, maybe because of simular actions?? Act like an adult, if a person cheats then moved on. Don't be petty and want revenge just move on.
 whater39
Msg: 101 (view)

I cried during a sad scene - and she freaked!
Posted: 4/7/2007 10:13:34 AM

She told me that her man couldnt show any signs of weakness, that had he had to be strong all the time for her.

At this she began sobbing, and told me when I cried in the movie theater her chest tightened up and that she got really scared suddenly.

That is sooo a double standard. She is displays emotions, but you are not. I can see someone not wanting a wimp. But no one can always be strong. You can have the odd moment of weakness, yet still be strong. Look at some tough athletes that cry after winning a title. And her reaction was pretty negative towards you. Physically moving her body away from you, changing her mind on schdule & needing time to think. What happens when you encounter another aspect of life where a man is supposed to act a certain way.
 whater39
Msg: 125 (view)

socks on or off?
Posted: 4/2/2007 11:28:37 PM
off off off, just 2 ppl nothing else.
 whater39
Msg: 224 (view)

Sex on a first date? Is it a bad move?
Posted: 4/1/2007 2:38:17 PM
I personally never have sex on the first date. If a guy is truely into you won't matter if you have sex first date, month or 6 months. He's into you PERIOD.

Now some shallow player types might be different, on their logic.

With me there is 2 types of sex. With & without feelings attached. I'm sure this would be sex without feelings. But as a relationship progresses it would turn into sex with feelings.
 whater39
Msg: 27 (view)

sex with a guy, who doesnt bust ever
Posted: 4/1/2007 2:33:04 PM
Always think about a situation from both sides. Do you orgasim every time?? Should he feel like a failure if you don't? I beat you he won't feel like a failure. So why when it's flipped to his side, do you feel like a failure.

If the guy was a 1minute man, would you feel successful or a failure. So when he's on the other extreme would you feel differently.

Sex should be about hte journey to gettign to the "O", not the actually thing it's self. Hence girls saying such foreplay/i have a clit.
 whater39

Men and emotions... curious
Posted: 4/1/2007 2:26:08 PM
Guys are simple. We usually don't think in depth about things. We don't look for a double meaning in somethign either.

When guys are hanging out with othre guys, we don't talk about feelings. If we talk about women, it's usually. "Did you have sex with her?". Not so how is it progressing, do you love her yet, etc. If you do so, you could be considered "weak".

So the majority of our time, we don't share our feelings. Then when with your lady, then your supposed to suddenly change? No. Plus some of the sharing could bring out some aspect of ourselves that might be a turn-off.
 whater39
Msg: 8 (view)

renewed virginity
Posted: 3/31/2007 9:36:23 PM
Most guys are not willing to wait till marriage for sex.

Most decent guys would be willing till your in love with them to have sex.

Always think of the situation from both sides. Not having sex can screw up relationships.
 whater39
Msg: 144 (view)

Loud partners
Posted: 3/31/2007 9:29:21 PM
Too many years of having sex at my parents, even now that I live alone, I still tell them to be quite. There is no reason to start screaming and stuff. Grab a pillow or something. Screamers are a turn-off for me.
 whater39
Msg: 25 (view)

What's with the C word?
Posted: 3/31/2007 9:13:59 PM
In North America it's a much worse word to say to a person. Compared to Britain, were it's just a common diss.

As far as refering to a part of your lady with that word, ummmm no. I use the P-word, good old kitty kats.
 whater39
Msg: 43 (view)

If they call us women Cougars, what do they call the Men?
Posted: 3/31/2007 9:00:55 PM
Nothing, it's just another example of a double standard.
 whater39
Msg: 120 (view)

Guys, would this boost your ego?
Posted: 3/30/2007 12:44:27 PM
I think you should be looking out for your child & not care about your EX (reguardless if he's single or not).

If your kid doesn't have a key. And say your delayed for an hour. Should your ex & kid wait outside your house for an hour?
 whater39

Whats with guys and the phone????
Posted: 3/30/2007 12:19:40 PM

Why is guys are so eager to give out there number and dont even give anything a chance in trying to get to know each other through email I understand if can be a hassel sometimes but its a good way to get to know one another without wondering if some crazy person has your number. Whats your opinion??? AND Why is when I am finally ready to give my number out to a nice guy hever never ever ever calls me?? Now whats up with that???

there is a forum on the dating section. It says Have men forgotten to date. They only wanna use e-mail & instant messenger. And this girl was turned off caz they wouldn't use the phone.

Everyone is different, unfortuneatly finding out the difference, can be learnt the hard way. I go on one date, come at girl strong, she just thinks I want sex. So I date a different girl, and try to take it slow, she think's i'm not interested. Sounds simular to this. Aint life fun.
 whater39
Msg: 7 (view)

why are jewish families against intermarriage?
Posted: 3/30/2007 11:51:57 AM
Find someone who wants you unconditionally. People shpuld have any excuses, i'm this race, i'm this religon, i'm........................

If your with someone long term, you should have 100% communication.
 whater39
Msg: 77 (view)

when do i tell her i have hepatitis c?
Posted: 3/29/2007 1:34:02 AM
Before sexual activities, for sure. Maybe 3rd date, or after a certain amount of time has gone by (unsure about that time).
 whater39
Msg: 101 (view)

Staying friends with your Ex
Posted: 3/29/2007 1:15:22 AM
YUP. Some relationships end, but not poorly (ppl grow apart). Also life goes on, if you enjoy hanging out with them, then why not.
 whater39
Msg: 91 (view)

Women with LONG HAIR
Posted: 3/28/2007 8:48:45 PM
The shortest I would ever suggest to a girl is a lil above the sholder.
 whater39
Msg: 36 (view)

How important is a pic for the profile?
Posted: 3/28/2007 8:47:53 PM
I would say very important. I'm sure most people look at the picture 1st, then click on the profile to read the text after.

Show ALL Forums