Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Grass is Greener???
 its_me_j
Msg: 4 (view)

Grass is Greener???
Posted: 8/25/2014 8:36:07 AM
Who's idea is it to be exclusive? And maybe that is happening too soon... just a thought.
 its_me_j
Msg: 1 (view)

August Singles Campout in Ft Macleod
Posted: 8/25/2014 8:20:49 AM
This is more of a rant than a general interest post, but I feel the need :)

I recently hosted a singles campout in Ft Macleod and 70+ people signed up to attend (note: less than 25% from Lethbridge). There was even the usual "not coming because it will be a sausage fest" male post on the event thread. The weather was not ideal, but there I was setting up my TENT Friday afternoon ready for the fun weekend ahead. Two other people arrived on Friday - 1 man, 1 woman. On Saturday, we had 3 more women arrive, and another gentlemen stopped in to say "hi" on his way through. Of the 15 women that signed up, 5 attended. Of the 60 men that signed up, only 1 attended and he was the drop in. The other gentleman already had plans for the weekend and didn't sign up... plans changed and last minute he decided to come to the campout... kudos to him!

I have to admit, I have a feeling of disappointment relating to the general population on this website. I just shake my head.

On a positive note, I do want to thank those that did attend... we had a lot of laughs and good food. Sitting around the camp fire and later in the cozy warm camp kitchen getting to know one another was exactly what the doctor ordered... a GREAT weekend... thanks again.
 its_me_j
Msg: 20 (view)

August Singles Campout in Ft Macleod -- Aug 22 to 24
Posted: 8/22/2014 2:21:18 PM
Here I sit... all alone :)
Windy, but no rain. Shooter bar is stocked. Firewood for the stove. Just waiting for my friends.
 its_me_j
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 8/21/2014 8:23:29 PM
lovescoffee... that's great! looking forward to seeing you :)
 its_me_j
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 8/18/2014 3:35:18 PM

How many power sites are there. I have a motorhome and would like power.

Power outlets are limited, but I am unsure how many there are. Make sure you have a long extension cord.
 its_me_j
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 8/5/2014 10:56:35 AM
Every year this comment is made at least once. Feel free to pass on the event, but the numbers have worked out closer than you think. Unfortunately, people sign up then don't show, and some show that didn't sign up. In the end, everyone has a great time. If you don't find a match, you may have a new friend or two.
 its_me_j
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 7/15/2014 7:46:21 PM
WeeWink... would love to see you there :)... and congrats on the van purchase!
And friends are always welcome.
 its_me_j

Posted: 7/13/2014 7:35:32 PM
model_69... if past campouts are any indication, this one will be lots of fun.
Looking forward to seeing everyone out there!!
 its_me_j
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 7/10/2014 10:46:13 PM
Cooker... that is unfortunate! I was really looking forward to your chili... and your company ;)
Hope to see you at the next one!
 its_me_j

Posted: 7/2/2014 7:28:29 PM
Come on out to the Singles Campout in FORT MACLEOD AB at the FISH & GAME GROUP CAMPSITE

Arrive Friday, August 22, and leave Sunday, August 24. The gates will open at noon on Friday.
NOTE: This is an adult campout and is NOT a good place for children.
In the past the attendees have been mature adults and we expect the same this year. Many have come out just for the day so feel free to attend.

CAMPING FEES for the weekend will be collected upon arrival (but may be refunded if you leave early).
$10 dollars per night per unit (an additional $5 per night for power sites)
$5 dollars per day (per person) for extra people in the unit or day visitors
A cookhouse power cost of $75 will be shared by all participants – usually works out to $3 to $5 each.

Each campout has a theme which is celebrated on Saturday evening. THE THEME FOR THIS CAMPOUT IS BEDROCK CITY (CAVEMAN). Costumes are encouraged, but certainly not mandatory.

All meals can be potluck (cook together as a group and share) or you can go to your own camp to eat...your choice. EXCEPT FOR ..........SATURDAY NIGHT... AT 5 PM. EVERYONE BRING A STEAK OR OTHER MEAT THAT YOU LIKE AND A SALAD OR OTHER SIDE DISH OF YOUR CHOICE AND WE WILL HAVE A SUPPER ALL TOGETHER. SURPRISE US WITH YOUR FAVORITE DISH!!! Do not bring too much food... we always have way too much!!! For those who are without, those who have stoves and/or BBQs are wonderful about sharing. Also there is a big BBQ at the cookhouse but no bottle on it. There are 2 fridges in the cookhouse if anyone needs fridge space.

NOTE: The water is NOT safe for drinking, and there are no showers.

There are horseshoe pits if someone has horseshoes, and the river is within easy walking distance if you want to try fishing. Any card games or other games people have and would like to bring are more than welcome! We are camped across from the golf course so if you would like to golf it’s not far to go!

There is some firewood, but it’s not great so if someone wants to bring some it would be appreciated.
Well behaved dogs are allowed as long as you clean up after them!

DIRECTIONS: On the west side of town across from the A&W, turn north off Hwy 3, follow the road down (approx 2 kms) past the golf course and the Daisy May Campground. Continue north - you will see the flags and the cookhouse on the right hand side, the sign will read: "Fish and Game Main Gate". Turn in and follow the road to the campground - it can be seen from the road.

There are motels in town for those that prefer not to camp.
Sunset 1-888-554-2784
Red Coat Inn 403-553- 4434
Fort Motel 403-553 - 3115
DJ Motel 403-553- 4011
Heritage Motel 403-553 4205
Century II Motel 403-553-3331
 its_me_j
Msg: 31 (view)

June 2014 Singles Campout in Fort Macleod
Posted: 6/19/2014 11:32:08 AM
Cooker... weathermen have been known to be wrong...lol. With all the people signed up, it might get cozy in camp kitchen if it pours... which has certainly happened in the past. I am really looking forward to seeing the oldies and welcoming the newbies.

There are some shooter glasses, but I will stop at the dollar store and pick up some more, as well as the following items...
paper towels
toilet paper
glow sticks
garbage bags
paper plates & cutlery
2 cases of bottled water
Let me know if there's anything else. I'll check here before I leave in the morning.

ONE MORE SLEEP!!!!
 its_me_j
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 6/17/2014 8:10:29 PM
also forgot to remind everyone that if they can, please bring firewood...
 its_me_j
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 6/17/2014 8:09:11 PM
Thanks Cooker for posting the additional info :)

I just checked the shooter bar inventory and here is the tally...
2 x 375 ml Creme de menthe
375 ml Crown Royal
375 ml Butter Ripple Schnapps
375 ml Baileys
750 ml Alberta Springs Rye
375 ml Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey
There are also bottles with a shot or two...
Silk Tassel Whiskey
Alberta Pure Vodka
Captain Morgan White Rum
Apricot Brandy
Peppermint Schnapps
Root Beer Schnapps
Peach Schnapps
Sambuca
Cherry Whiskey

I will bring a bottle of Sambuca and a bottle of Sourpuss (not sure what flavour).
For the potluck, I will bring a pasta salad. Sure am looking forward to chilli :D
I brought out my camping gear and I'm completing my cavewoman outfit tomorrow.
Woo hoo!!! 3 more sleeps!

I can't wait to see everyone :)
 its_me_j
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 6/8/2014 4:33:22 PM
Good to hear, Cooker!! Look forward to seeing you both :)
 its_me_j
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 6/6/2014 7:57:31 AM
WeeWink...I'm in a tent myself, so can't volunteer a fridge or microwave... sorry. I'm not sure if others know how to get the to detailed thread part of this event, so not sure if you'll get any response. I'd like to say it won't be a problem, but can't speak for others. Hope to see you there!
 its_me_j
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 6/5/2014 9:35:03 AM
Cooker... I'll check as soon as I get a chance. Hopefully before Saturday :)
 Its_me_j
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 6/3/2014 7:34:52 AM

so what were the other choices of theme.... no need to send hate mail!.... just asking...geeez

This topic came up at the meet and greet on Thurs at District 5 and most seemed to think 'caveman' would be fun, so I went with it. I guess you could call it an executive decision :)
 its_me_j
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 6/1/2014 8:05:07 PM
THEME FOR SATURDAY NIGHT HAS BEEN SELECTED...BEDROCK CITY (CAVEMAN)!!!
Google The Flintstones and go crazy!
 its_me_j
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 6/1/2014 8:02:46 PM
Daisy...the site doesn't have a website. Its pretty bare bones. The campout is a relaxed atmosphere with a central gathering spot. As far as things to do in the area, there are a few touristy things....not sure what is open when, but I'm sure google can help you. There is a golf course, the Fort, the RCMP barracks, Head Smashed In Buffalo Jump. Maybe others can suggest more. There are no planned activities for the group except for the potluck dinner, but everyone is encouraged to feel free to explore.
 its_me_j
Msg: 11 (view)

Posted: 5/29/2014 6:09:19 PM
WeeWink... I sure hope you can make it. Not sure what you are waiting to hear about...? I thought you only needed assistance if you were bringing your dogs.

And lets throw some ideas out for a theme... Hawaiian, toga, caveman, favorite cartoon character, etc... Other ideas are more than welcome.
 its_me_j
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 5/27/2014 5:43:24 PM
thanks lovescoffee... we'll miss you :)
 its_me_j
Msg: 3 (view)

Group Mottorcycle Ride
Posted: 5/27/2014 5:42:04 PM
Have fun Duff... I'll already be in Drumheller on a girls' weekend. I'll wave to you if I see you :)
 its_me_j

Posted: 5/25/2014 9:36:50 PM
Haven't checked the forecast yet, but I'm remaining optimistic :-)
 its_me_j
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 5/24/2014 9:52:57 AM
I can't post a map in here, but this is the link to the maps for the Daisy May... keep heading north past this campground and you will come to the Fish and Game Park.
http://www.daisymaycampground.com/maps2.html
 its_me_j

Posted: 5/23/2014 11:54:17 PM
**********************************************************************************
EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO FLOODING IN THE AREA
**********************************************************************************

Come on out to the Singles Campout in FORT MACLEOD AB at the FISH & GAME GROUP CAMPSITE

Arrive Friday June 20, and leave Sunday, June 22. The gates will open at noon on Friday.
NOTE: This is an adult campout and is NOT a good place for children.
In the past the attendees have been mature adults and we expect the same this year. Many have come out just for the day so feel free to attend.

CAMPING FEES for the weekend will be collected upon arrival (but may be refunded if you leave early).
$10 dollars per night per unit (an additional $5 per night for power sites)
$5 dollars per day (per person) for extra people in the unit or day visitors
A cookhouse power cost of $75 will be shared by all participants – usually works out to $3 to $5 each.

Each campout has a theme which is celebrated on Saturday evening. THE THEME FOR THIS CAMPOUT IS BEDROCK CITY (CAVEMAN). Costumes are encouraged, but certainly not mandatory.

All meals can be potluck (cook together as a group and share) or you can go to your own camp to eat...your choice. EXCEPT FOR ..........SATURDAY NIGHT... AT 5 PM. EVERYONE BRING A STEAK OR OTHER MEAT THAT YOU LIKE AND A SALAD OR OTHER SIDE DISH OF YOUR CHOICE AND WE WILL HAVE A SUPPER ALL TOGETHER. SURPRISE US WITH YOUR FAVORITE DISH!!! Do not bring too much food... we always have way too much!!! For those who are without, those who have stoves and/or BBQs are wonderful about sharing. Also there is a big BBQ at the cookhouse but no bottle on it. There are 2 fridges in the cookhouse if anyone needs fridge space.

NOTE: The water is NOT safe for drinking, and there are no showers.

There are horseshoe pits if someone has horseshoes, and the river is within easy walking distance if you want to try fishing. Any card games or other games people have and would like to bring are more than welcome! We are camped across from the golf course so if you would like to golf it’s not far to go!

There is some firewood, but it’s not great so if someone wants to bring some it would be appreciated.
Well behaved dogs are allowed as long as you clean up after them!

DIRECTIONS: On the west side of town across from the A&W, turn north off Hwy 3, follow the road down (approx 2 kms) past the golf course and the Daisy May Campground. Continue north - you will see the flags and the cookhouse on the right hand side, the sign will read: "Fish and Game Main Gate". Turn in and follow the road to the campground - it can be seen from the road.

There are motels in town for those that prefer not to camp.
Sunset 1-888-554-2784
Red Coat Inn 403-553- 4434
Fort Motel 403-553 - 3115
DJ Motel 403-553- 4011
Heritage Motel 403-553 4205
Century II Motel 403-553-3331

Show ALL Forums