Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: North Florida Meet-N-Greet
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 2 (view)

North Florida Meet-N-Greet
Posted: 10/27/2012 9:55:17 AM
I guess nobody is interested in a singles group around Tallahassee and Crawfordville???
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 1 (view)

North Florida Meet-N-Greet
Posted: 10/26/2012 7:32:15 AM
I have not done this in many years but don't see anyone else doing it either soooo... I would like to get a singles group together in the Tallahassee/Crawfordville area. There are so many activities and so many people looking for friends to do it with. I've done different things in the past like kayak trips, camping trips and meet ups. I think this would be alot of fun to find like minded people. Please let me know if anyone is interested in this type outdoors singles group.
 mesnafugal
Msg: 487 (view)

Are women scared off by harleys
Posted: 5/11/2009 11:23:36 PM
I'm still not skeered!!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 39 (view)

Florida Panhandle
Posted: 5/5/2009 9:02:13 AM
We had a GREAT one in January but have been too busy to host another one. Thank you Cajun you KNOW how much fun I have!!! I'll be getting another one going soon, just give me time.. or someone ELSE can do it and I'll just come hang out...
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 78 (view)

North Florida Activity Group Meet-n-Greet
Posted: 1/31/2009 9:12:52 PM
OMG... I'm tuckered out!!! The night was a big success and I now have met more wonderful friends. We had a good turn out, everyone seemed to have a good time and the place was PERFECT for our first meet-n-greet. We have some good ideas for future events (Feb and March) so stay tuned. Ok.. You fun people wore me out so I'm going to bed. I hope everyone writes something on here so others can see what they missed.. hahahha
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 76 (view)

Posted: 1/30/2009 11:40:07 AM
Hello New Yorker, funny you said that because I just bought me a new pair of "work shoes" on the way home today!! LOL

Yes you can say I have a "following" or you can just say I'm blessed with some pretty amazing friends, hopefully I'm about to meet some new friends tomorrow night!!!

OK... I went by and talked to "Mary" the owner of Southern Comfort, she is very excited we're coming there and basically said we could have the restaurant.. the middle bar or the end bar!!! LOL.... Kim and myself will be in the bar early, when you walk in go to the right and we'll have a table right there as you come in so you can sign up and get a name tag (I hope I got enough). We said this would start at 7:00 pm but I think we're going to go early since happy hour is from 4:00-7:00.. lol.. They serve food all night (til 2:00)... the special Sat night is .35 wings and oysters!!! From what I've seen their food looks very good. There is a LIVE BAND on Sat. night that starts at 9:00!!! Sorry but no karaoke this time. I also got to pick the bartender... her name is Pam and is a friend of mine.

For those who do not know how to get there, you can map quest it 8901 Woodville Hwy, or you get on South Monroe St. which turns into Woodville Hwy (#363) when you cross over Capital Circle. when you get into Woodville, go "past the traffic light" (yes only one) and it's in the center to your left with the Dollar Store in it. There is a sign out front. Plenty of parking around the side and the back. Everyone is getting excited.... I know I am. See you folks tomorrow night... If anyone has any of the stick on name tags you might bring them just in case we run out. Don't forget CAMERA's!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 74 (view)

Posted: 1/29/2009 10:01:51 PM
Thank you, it is good to know we have people knowing this is a good thing!!!!

Yes on the camera... should I bring a CD for you to copy the pics onto??? That way I can post them and forward???
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 70 (view)

PICTURES!!!!
Posted: 1/29/2009 10:00:15 AM
Who has a digital camera they can bring so we can do pictures of our first meeting, also it would be a good time to get pictures of everyone so they can put on their profiles!!! Any volunteers???
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 69 (view)

Posted: 1/28/2009 12:32:25 PM
Hey Smittens.. we're over here around Tallahassee but I would like to plan a trip over to St. Augustine one weekend!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 67 (view)

TIME IS NEAR
Posted: 1/28/2009 10:21:35 AM
The time is coming everyone, seems a lot of you are bringing friends or else telling other friends about the event. They are also telling people at Southern Comfort!!! How many people here are bringing people or know of others who are coming that are not signed up or not on POF????
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 66 (view)

Posted: 1/27/2009 3:11:02 PM
Alright folks.... the time is getting near and I'm about to send out another email to everyone involved on here. Looks like we have alot of interest still... Please, if you have invited people who you KNOW are coming would you please email me and let me know so I have some kind of head count??? I haven't talked to the owner yet so I need to figure out what specials we will have. Please, bring your ideas for future events.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 61 (view)

Posted: 1/25/2009 7:13:17 AM
I happen to work part time at the American Legion Post #82 in Lanark Village!!! As far as people not wanting to talk to an overweight nanna, that is not true you just have to find the right person to talk. That is one reason some of us women have become friends, we enjoy doing things and hanging out more so than some men.

Hey River, WE could sing together... a duo.. me and you... and Peanut could do backup, lord knows we can make up our own songs!! Maybe you should think about coming the weekend of this event??? Also, you BETTER have my birthday wrote on your calendar and you BETTER have it OFF!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 59 (view)

Posted: 1/25/2009 1:17:11 AM
Hello there Blue... no you haven't said or done anything wrong you are doing perfect!! I have 5 dogs soooooooo ... lol.... I know where Torreya State Park is and that is something we can consider for a future event by all means. Welcome to the forums and our thread, if you want to chat just write whatever and we'll answer your questions or just chat about things you enjoy doing.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 18 (view)

What Would You if Your Friend Wants To Reveal Their Affair To Their Lover's Family?
Posted: 1/24/2009 11:20:43 AM
She's not the brightest bulb in the box now is she????

I just do not understand how a woman can be so stupid and "needy" yes I said needy because if she wasn't then she certainly wouldn't stay in that kind of situation unless she just doesn't deserve any better. She soulds very selfish to me, that is not fair to her child to not have a father yet have one. He sounds like a total USER and LOSER.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 57 (view)

Posted: 1/24/2009 7:18:38 AM
Peanut would steal the show I can assure you!!! He thinks he's all that and then some. I'll be working at Harry's in Carrabelle tonight if you get out and about Damon, bring your cousin too.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 55 (view)

Posted: 1/23/2009 3:20:18 AM
I asked "Peanut" if he wanted to attend and he said ONLY if you were coming!!! He's been saving himself for you but.... Penny is starting to look pretty good to the poor little man....
And not to worry, since you are such a good friend... I've been keeping him VERY warm at night.. he likes getting right up under those blankets with ME... and I won't even mention where he puts his cute little nose...
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 52 (view)

Posted: 1/22/2009 6:08:18 AM
LOL... you KNOW for a fact sista that I do not need to sing!!! You've heard me first hand and it ain't pretty!!! I want people to come and stay not run out the door, but hey... you come on up and I'll cheer YOU on while you sing like a canary bird.. lol

Are you coming up for it? I've been working and working all weekend.. the last weekend you said you were coming you didn't show hot shot. Are you coming for my birthday???? You should!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 61 (view)

why do people stay on POF after meeting someone?
Posted: 1/20/2009 10:14:01 AM
I'm absolutely here because of the wonderful friends I've met and the new ones I hear from off and on. I have not been on the forums in awhile but I used to really enjoy them too. Even though POF is supposed to be a singles site I think alot of us have found like minded friendships on here. This is just a great site to interact with other people from all over. It doesnt' have to be to "hook up"... I wouldn't ever get off here I don't think unless the BIG FISH made me.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 48 (view)

Posted: 1/18/2009 6:13:06 PM
I hope everyone moves their "other" possible plans to the side and join us for a fun night of meeting some good like minded friends. We have loads of good idea for events, weekend trips, cookouts, camping and just anything we want to come up with.

I'm getting so excited about meeting everyone and how everyone is showing such an interest. I'm getting alot of emails about people thinking this is such a great idea and how they are looking forward to finally meeting a group to do things with. From what I've heard.. even the waitresses at Southern Comfort are inviting single people they know to come out and play!!! I do believe we may have come up with something good here... however... WHY is nobody wanting to chat on this thread? I want to meet some of you on here before we even have the meet-n-greet. I want to know some of your ideas on things and also let everyone else get an idea of what we're all about so please, lets start talking on here people!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 45 (view)

Posted: 1/16/2009 1:05:01 PM
Hi back Lynn!!!

We were just talking today about "future" events and plans for the group once it gets going and everyone knows what all they would like to do. From what I'm hearing people are spreading the word in all sorts of ways so there will be a big bunch of us singles there
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 1/14/2009 5:06:04 AM
I'll be doing a mass mail out to all the participants before the event with directions, time and any "specials" they might have for us. We're still getting alot of feed back but need some of you guys to cut and paste the email I sent out to other women, sense I'm unable to send mail to them because of the mail restrictions.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 33 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2009 10:41:35 PM
Well.. .I found one at the Childrens Lighthouse, across from the main post office, it's yellow floral.. nice couch but I would want to reupholster it... hint hint...
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 31 (view)

North Florida Activity Group Meet-n-Greet January 31st
Posted: 1/11/2009 6:49:56 PM
Hello Arlene, I'm so glad you are joining us.. maybe we can find some folks up your way to carpool with you. Do you do the beekeeping??? I'm so interested in doing my own bee hives, heck... I already have my own BEAR that comes through the property!!! I think I tried to email you but you only accept mail from men folks, if you change that we can discuss the bees too.

Thank you so much for coming on and introducing yourself. Do you camp?
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2009 1:19:06 PM
Not a problem, we all have enough camping gear you will probably only need your sleeping bag. alot of time people have big enough tents they have room for others or alot of my friends even have EXTRA tents they'll bring for people to use.

Ok.. I won't sing if you don't sing. You can call Southern Comfort at 421-0100 if you have any questions for them. I guess they are also spreading the world we'll be there!! Some people on here are sending emails to other groups they are members of and getting some response. Seems like more and more are thinking this is not such a bad idea.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2009 10:37:50 AM
Paula, do you know how much money people think I spend paying my friends to make such wonderful comments about me??? It's a wonder I have any money at all!!! But thank you so much, now that my head is so big I'll have to sit here at the computer til it deflates some...

Yes, this is one of my very BEST friends and I have met her through POF events which I have hosted. Some of these wonderful friends actually come up for holidays... get togethers... long weekends and any chance they can get to come up here and have me cook for them!! LOL.. just joshing... they have an open invitation anytime they want to come up here even if I'm not here, and they know it. But please.. NO TEQUILA!!!

Paula/Leah is with the group I've actually planned this new group around. They do things constantly, ride horses, kayak, camp, costume parties and other stuff. It's refreshing to hear some of the events they participate in. So for those of you who are a little skiddish of getting out by yourself and meeting new people.. I can tell you some wonderful friends I have because they did it!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 1/11/2009 12:57:40 AM
Verbena, you sound like alot of fun.. I'm glad you have invited people from other sites that you are on, this will end up being so much fun and you sing too... even better... I'll be there.. drink in hand.. cheering the singers on!!! That's my job, moral support... I'll throw money if I need to. Can I pick some songs?
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 1/10/2009 9:14:23 AM
Getting you people to talk about yourselves is like pulling teeth... I do have some more people talking to me about this and are glad something has finally been started up here.

The common interests so far from the profiles are outdoorsy type stuff, which is exactly what I was hoping for. I talked to the lady who owns "Southern Comfort" where we will be meeting and she was very happy to have us. The place is huge and there are 3 different sections AND... they have Karaoke on Saturday nights so I hope there will be some people in this group who enjoy doing that because I sure like watching and hearing "others" do it.. yes I have a voice but I can assure you nobody wants to hear it!!!

I'm curious, how many people here actually camp? Do you have a tent, camper or a vehicle you sleep in?? Most everyone likes to fish, what kind of fishing do you like and how often do you go?
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 1/9/2009 6:34:39 AM
HI YA Emily... oh yes by all means.. bring all the friends you can fit into your car (or truck) start a convoy.... they can ride bikes.... just get them here. I've been reading some of the profiles and we have some really FUN people interested in this. For the women who've signed up. You will have to email me on my home email because you have females blocked. I saw one on here who wants to go "fishing" That is not a problem .. I have 3 boats in my yard now and know plenty of GOOD men who like to fish too.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 1/9/2009 5:35:05 AM
Goooooooooooooooood Morning... I realize this happens but it just bothered me last night, ok ok ok.. I was in a pissy mood about the football game, That was an awsome game however. Both teams played their hearts out. Alright lambykins this is going to be a good time, I've also had some people contact me about once we get some of our outdoor "activities" going on they will travel from other cities/towns to come do them with us.

I"m hoping that once we all get to know each other that when there are concerts and good bands in Tallahassee we can car pool with each other. I'm always contacted about certain bands that play places but never want to make the trek on my own therefore end up staying in Sopchoppy with all the critters.

I'm curious to know what some of you enjoy doing. I read most everyone's profile and that is one reason I personally contact some that I notice don't do the forums. Me and Lambykins are both avid campers and fishing gals. There are quite a few folks who are into kayaking/canoing. These are the things that once the weather is nice we can make plans to do. I'm also involved with friends from other places who meet different spots for weekend getaways. We can meet "others" too. Ok.. gotta have java now.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 16 (view)

Posted: 1/8/2009 11:09:07 PM
ALRIGHT... let me say something right now....

I have been the ONLY person who took the time to get something going in this area. I talked to Lambykins and we both decided on a mutual place that was between TALLAHASSEE and CRAWFORDVILLE. This is only the first meeting, we will do things in Tallahassee too, but it will be nice if some of us who live here in the sticks can ride together etc. I happen to live in Sopchoppy, I'm sorry if some people think "Woodville" is not good enough for them. Do you not consider that some people have to drive over an hour to get to places in Tallahassee???? This is not just a group to go out drinking and partying. I'm starting this so people can meet and plan some activities.. THAT is what this is, for people who want to do things with other like minded people.

Please, do not criticize others for trying to do something good. Do not try and take over because YOU don't like the meeting place. Sorry, but I'm tired.. I worked all night and certainly did not expect to get home and read a couple of emails telling me how alot of people from Tallahassee would not even consider coming to Woodville for a meet-n-greet... whatever... This is why it took me so long to even consider it.

I have had alot of very positive responses and input. So far almost everyone who has contacted me (23 emails when I got home) is very excited about the event. They don't care where it is as long as we can just get it started. I'm very sorry if some people do not appreciate the effort others put into things. OK.. enough of my rant.. I'm going to bed now.

Mesnafugal
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 1/8/2009 10:21:46 PM
This is GREAT... except however the "gators winning tonight".....

Ok folks, seems like we're not the only people looking for this to happen, like I said.. spread the word by all means!!! Let's get more and more folks interested in attending and involved in future outings.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 1/8/2009 10:24:55 AM
So far it seems I'm getting alot of interst!!! I'm getting excited. I've talked to some of my local offline friends too who are interested in coming. It seems there are many locals who enjoy the same outdoor activities so hopefully we'll get some good "outtings" planned. I had a comment from a "single dad" that made me think of having some "family" outings if things work out. I know there are alot of single people with kids and to get together with others who have that would be good for everyone involved. This could be what we've all been looking for. Let's get up as much interest as we can people!!!

Considering I only posted this on the 6th and we have 10+ (I know of others) attending I think this is a great start.

Glad to see you Ms. Scarlett, have you found me a couch yet??
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 1/7/2009 11:31:10 PM
Ok.. before hand I will make sure to email everyone, if you can email me my regular address and I'll send out a bulk email!!!
 Mesnafugal

Posted: 1/7/2009 8:56:15 AM
Hey... lets start some chatting and getting to know each other....
 Mesnafugal

Posted: 1/6/2009 1:20:44 PM
Hmmm... somehow my first thread got deleted. I would like to see if anyone is interested in meeting on January 31st, at the "Southern Comfort" in Woodville. This place has lots of room and people can eat if they want to.. drink.. dance.. just whatever floats their boat.

I would say meet around 7:00 pm. I'll bring some name tags for people to wear. The reason for this location is it is between Tallahassee and Crawfordville so hopefully we'll get a better turn out. This group will hopefully turn into something where we as active adults can find some fun things to do (camping, kayaking, beach, outdoor get togethers) in the future together.

Feel free to let your single friends know about it so they can join in. If you have any questions just email me. Hopefully this one will not get deleted and we can move forward with it.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 91 (view)

Interests......Horses
Posted: 12/28/2008 11:18:43 PM
"THE OUTSIDE OF A HORSE IS GOOD FOR THE INSIDE OF A WOMAN/MAN"

If you think about this saying, it is so true...... just putting your face in the neck of your horse (or any horse) brings about a calming affect that no amount of xanax can provide!!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 33 (view)

Florida Panhandle
Posted: 6/21/2008 10:43:28 AM
I think you missed a couple of things...

Hey.. did you folks get together over around Pensacola?? Where are the pics??
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 31 (view)

Florida Panhandle
Posted: 5/19/2008 9:33:07 AM
If any of you folks are interested... drop me a line!!! Its always a goooooood time in the woods.. bon fires... swimming and kayaking... good food...and fun people!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 3 (view)

Outdoorsy Group - Memorial Day Weekend
Posted: 5/14/2008 1:56:10 PM
No mam.. . I'm up in North Florida...
 Mesnafugal

Outdoorsy Group - Memorial Day Weekend
Posted: 5/10/2008 6:52:48 AM
If there are any people out there who actually enjoy doing outdoor activities think about coming to Sopchoppy Memorial Day Weekend to paddle the river and enjoy nice bon fires and some really cool people. I haven't did a sign up for it and not sure I even have time. So email me if you are interested or if you need more information. There is plenty of room for camping!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 28 (view)

Florida Panhandle
Posted: 5/3/2008 11:34:42 AM
I'm doing one of my camping and paddling weekends over Memorial Day if anyone is interested!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 43 (view)

Where are all the Panama City, Pensacola,Vernon,Chipley,Tallahasse people going to meet at???????
Posted: 3/19/2008 1:07:07 PM
WHY CAJUN..... YOU LOOKED SO GOOD WET!!! WHATCHA COMPLAINING ABOUT??? LOL
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 41 (view)

Where are all the Panama City, Pensacola,Vernon,Chipley,Tallahasse people going to meet at???????
Posted: 3/19/2008 10:34:36 AM
I'll be having another paddling/camping weekend over Memorial Day Weekend if anyone is interested let me know and I'll send you the info, I'll also be putting it on POF for sign ups, etc. so be looking!!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 76 (view)

Interests......Horses
Posted: 3/14/2008 9:03:44 AM
The international 3 day event "Red Hills Horse Trials" in Tallahassee, FL is this weekend and those are the real atheletes. Down here in Florida, the weather is just right for riding.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 34 (view)

Any get togethers in the Florida Panhandle?
Posted: 3/14/2008 8:41:05 AM
how did the get together go?? I'll be having another camping/paddling weekend over Memorial Day Weekend if anyone is interested. I'll post it sometime soon on a join up thread.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 21 (view)

Florida Panhandle
Posted: 2/13/2008 9:26:11 AM
I'm also going to plan one over here around Tallahassee and Crawfordville if anyone wants to travel. I do a few POF kayak/canoe gatherings each year if any of you camp and enjoy outdoorsy stuff you would be welcome to come.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 392 (view)

Are women scared off by harleys
Posted: 12/10/2007 4:14:45 AM
I too live in Florida, have rode many miles on the back of a harley and to this day I have to shake my head at the wusses.. who have their bikes on the trailer pulling it to a bike function. Why in the hell do they pay the money for a bike if they are scared of a few sore cheeks in the saddle??? The callasses will come and they'll toughen up.. or maybe they'll just keep on pushing the bike on and off that nice trailer they have. Even the case of the fancy "chopper" type bikes. I personally think "sure they look cool" but you can't ride them for a distance then why do you spend that kind of money for something to LOOK at? Spend it on a nice dresser that people can look at but you can at least ride. Just like with my horses, I'm not saddling up to ride for less than 4 hours!!! And I usually pack my saddle bags for the DAY!! I ride with people that a 2 hour trailride is "rough"... OMG.. why not stay home on the couch!!!
 Mesnafugal

Florida Panhandle
Posted: 12/9/2007 7:33:13 AM
hello, I'm in the Panhandle and starting up a single group to meet up. you are about 2-3 hours from here???
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 39 (view)

Refrigerated Desserts
Posted: 11/20/2007 5:37:27 PM
OMG>... my favorite cookies used to be those Keebler Pecan Sundies.. those are to die for the rest of this. .just icing on the cake (or cookie crust) I'm going to try this one for sure!!! Thanks Dreamer
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 117 (view)

THIS IS IT!!!
Posted: 11/18/2007 6:55:25 AM
We all must keep going forward with our lives. There will always be something or someone who will stop our life for a short time but we do get over it and keep on living and loving. I hope to one day find that last men I'll ever kiss goodnight, but till then I guess I'll have to kiss a few more frogs.

Here froggy froggy...

Show ALL Forums