Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Bay City Singles party November 19th at 7pm The Stables!
 Debisue64
Msg: 1 (view)

Bay City Singles party November 19th at 7pm The Stables!
Posted: 10/29/2016 3:29:23 PM
Hey there,

We are having a Bay City Singles Bash On November 19th, 2016
Where at??
STABLES MARTINI BAR
located in the back of BARTS

Barts-Stables Web Site

804 East Midland Street
Bay City, MI 48706
(989) 891-0100

Saturday, November 19th, 2016
Meet & Greet: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Band (Avenue 5): 9:00 pm - close

Your Hostess is Debisue64

Directions to Stables are as follows:

From I75 take US10 East to Bay City / Exit 162A
Turn Left on Euclid, 1st Traffic Light
Turn Right on Midland Road, 2nd Traffic Light
Continue Straight
Turn Right on Midland Street (at the "Y") - less than 1 block past Wenona
Look for 804 E. Midland Street on the Right - approximately 2 blocks
BARTS (Lumber Barons) is at the front of the building and the Stables is in the back.
Parking all around the building.

Please look for the Plenty Of Fish table with, sign-in sheet, and name tags.

Stalls #1 through #2 and tables are reserved for our group on the
left side of the bar.

There is No Cover Charge

Depending on the turn out....it could be standing room only.

Remember to Party Responsibly!
 Debisue64
Msg: 128 (view)

Why do middle age women still feel the need to be all kissy, huggy and feeling in a relationship
Posted: 4/4/2016 7:01:24 AM
I am not the kissy huggy mushy type.. BUT... the last time i was in love.. i would touch him for no reason occasionally.. his arm.. the back of his neck etc. Ohh... not much for public kissing really.
 Debisue64
Msg: 50 (view)

What was/will be your wedding first dance song?
Posted: 3/28/2016 6:53:44 AM
My wedding song was "This could be the night" by Loverboy.

Not planning anymore weddings.. LOL..
 Debisue64
Msg: 15 (view)

It's almost impossible to find.
Posted: 12/21/2015 1:10:16 PM
Oh dear.. I grew up with an UNDERBITE.. and men never liked that.. :)).. thankyou for braces (and surgery)
 Debisue64
Msg: 33 (view)

Old, Angry, Bitter and Damaged Goods
Posted: 12/21/2015 1:07:00 PM
I want a LIKE button like they have on facebook..

Halftime dad "I'm not sure you get how this thing called "discussion" works."

LIKE (lol)
 Debisue64
Msg: 27 (view)

Weirest/Lamest or Craziest Excuse
Posted: 12/18/2015 12:47:09 PM
Last guy cancelled because he had shingles. But seemingly... stayed logged in on this site non stop for days..... never to contact me again.
 Debisue64
Msg: 8 (view)

Singles Party at the Stables Cigar and Martini Bar in Bay City 10/24 8pm
Posted: 10/20/2015 12:06:14 PM
Its definitely the 24th... I do not know why it would show as the 17th on anothers notification.
 debisue64
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 10/15/2015 2:52:29 PM
awesome Happyblueeyedblond... it is the easiest place to have it right now. I did look at other venues.. but The stables so far has always accommodated us without hesitation. See you there!
 Debisue64
Msg: 88 (view)

Getting a second date from online dating is harder than pulling teeth..
Posted: 10/12/2015 6:43:01 PM
my last first date....

he was indecisive about what we should do.. so i suggested a movie...

He showed up late.. and all stressed out.. I had already purchased the tickets...

two hours went by.. he never tried to hold my hand.. nothing

THEN.. after the movie.. I said.. we should go have an ice tea.. and chit chat.. he said ok

I was not hungry.. i had eaten a butt ton of popcorn already.. he said we need at least an appetizer.. I said.. YOU PICK

He could not pick... so he got this HUGE plate of all appetizers.. once again. I am not hungry.. eh?

he yapped.. i yapped.. but we never really got to know each other.. and my tummy was hurting .. BAD

at the end of the night.. if I could have tapped my heels 3 times and went home... I woulda.. i coulda.. omg.. why wasnt I home?

He messaged me on here afterwards.. and asked if I even liked him?
 Debisue64
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 10/12/2015 7:54:51 AM
I usually skip dinner.. and just get to the bar by 7pm... I like to set up my table and stake my territory.. :)) They do serve appetizers at the bar tho.. their potato skins are to DIE for!
 Debisue64
Msg: 32 (view)

Why are 'Skinny' People in the BBW/B&T Body Type?
Posted: 10/11/2015 4:19:27 PM
you know... with Vanity sizing.. its difficult

When i was a skinny teenager. .... my mom pulled out a pair of her old jeans.. they were a size 7 (circa 1950-1960ish) and the waist was unreasonably small.. lol.. i was SKINNY.. and could not button them. my american sizing then was a size 3. NOW im 50.. and my american sizing is a 12.. but in the 60's.. i would be supa sized like an 18.

but with all that said.. its not the numbers game.. its a fitness game..and I am working on that!
 debisue64
Msg: 9 (view)

Opinions on Car Doors
Posted: 10/11/2015 9:00:43 AM
lol.. i did not know it was a test to see if i unlock the door.. :)) .. thats a new one for me
 debisue64
Msg: 26 (view)

Why are 'Skinny' People in the BBW/B&T Body Type?
Posted: 10/11/2015 8:23:26 AM
According to the BMI charts... I am solidly in the middle of overweight. And I have had at least one man call me Average sized. My bottoms are a size 12 but my top is 16/18... I have slim legs.

I am the average sized american as most americans are overweight... :))

But all that matters not! "a few extra lbs" category fits me best.. and I describe myself as a bit chubby.

Maybe POF should take our stats down.. and put in a descriptive word where computerized stats are calculated?

Honestly..... Just meet people... and if they are not to your taste.. move on.

Last two men I met were solidly Obese. I considered dating the 2nd one.
 Debisue64

Posted: 10/9/2015 7:43:45 AM
HI folks!
I am hosting another get together!
I have reserved stall two and three in the main area of the Stables bar. Starting time is actually at 8:00 but I will be there at 7pm setting up.
I will only be greeting till 9pm.. then time to DANCE!
Please come early and grab a seat.
We will Greet you, name tag you.. and maybe with your permission .... take your picture.

Band:
The Soul Xpress Band
GREAT dance music!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-SOUL-XPRESS-BAND/287993516233?sk=wall

Venue:
The Stables Martini and Cigar Bar
Parking at front and rear of building
804 E. Midland Street
Bay City, MI 48706
Phone: 989-891-0100
http://www.lumberbaronsbrewery.com/
Go 2.7 miles to S. Henry St and turn left
.3 miles to Midland street and turn right.. Your there :)
its 4 intersections to midland street..

Euclid Motel
809 N Euclid Ave
Bay City, MI 48706
(989) 684-9455

Fairfield Inn
4105 Wilder Rd
Bay City, MI 48706
(989) 667-7050
Right next to the Bay City Mall

Doubletree Hotel Bay City-Riverfront
1 Wenonah Park Place,
Bay City, Michigan, United States 48708
Tel: (989) 891-6000
Fax: (989) 891-9680
 debisue64
Msg: 28 (view)

Cheating boyfriend caught?!
Posted: 8/30/2015 8:27:11 AM
Even if this woman went to the extreme of hacking his account... sending the message herself.. and THEN sending you the results....

You will always wonder who is telling the truth.

I have had a similar situation happen once..... I cut and run.
 Debisue64
Msg: 68 (view)

Good enough to sleep with but not good enough to be with
Posted: 8/21/2015 7:10:29 PM
ahh.. once upon a time ... I was IN LOVE

He said it first.. yes he did!

but after 6 months.. he back tracked... and stated that he did not see a future for us.... and that we could stay together as long as it was "fun".

and he went on to tell me.. (yes he was drunk)... that i would not make wife material because of my debt.. because of my children. blah blah blah.. I never asked him to marry me... I had only hoped for love.. but I suddenly felt disrespected by his "your not good enough to wife" speech.

The beginning of the end.

I made him wait for sex.. yes I did.. because.. I was NOT going to be used again by another PUA type. as charming as he was...

YET.. when we finally got to it.. it was like ON FIRE.

but in the end.. I was good enough to sleep with.. ,,,,but not good enough for anything else. "F" him.. I moved on.

Same man has a girlfriend right now who sleeps with him every night in his bed.... but he is on POF looking for the ONE.

Dear miss ONE.... you must have money.. .. and no encumberments.. Enjoy.
 Debisue64
Msg: 49 (view)

And then he said...................
Posted: 8/21/2015 6:47:45 PM
You know... after i work in my yard for an hour or so..... my lawn is mostly mowed.. weeds pulled.. I can almost envision myself staying here.
Its just silly I do not have time to date.. or anything else when I am too busy pulling weeds.. ya know?

If I met a man on a date.. and told him that I was waiting patiently for a man to come over and do my lawn work... OR worse... for a man to invite me to move in because I am sick up this upkeep... they would run too!

Run Run Run... It doesnt matter what you say or do, everyone is looking for that red flag.. or any reason to reject a person.

Personally, I make all these "single girl plans" because they make me happy ... KNOWING that the possibility that I will be on my own is a more likely than not. An intelligent man.. will ask.. "hey.. what are your plans IF you meet someone you can see a future with?"
 Debisue64
Msg: 77 (view)

AGE GAP
Posted: 8/21/2015 6:34:39 PM
I do not understand? I have been messaged by 23 yr olds.. ALOT... How did they get thru if there is a 15 yr age restriction?

I am assuming that my POF parties are the reason. Once I invite everyone in the area to a party.... every 21 to 100 yr old can message me back..... NO age restrictions after first message.. even if its a generic party invite.

Throw a party sir!
 Debisue64
Msg: 42 (view)

Time to take a break
Posted: 8/15/2015 8:52:03 AM
I totally enjoy taking a break. The majority of messages on here and other dating sites are people i want to avoid!

But i have had many similar experiences to yours.

I have thrown Pof parties... and have attended meet up groups with at least kinder results. No dates recently from them.

Shipping a case of wine to...Michigan.

Oh my ... can i send you my address too Clooneysmentor?
 Debisue64
Msg: 6 (view)

Restless leg syndrome
Posted: 8/13/2015 7:49:32 AM
I get RLS when my iron gets low. I assume I am not getting enough oxygen or blood flow to my limbs.

Totally disappears when my numbers go up. Healthy living helps alot.
 Debisue64
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 8/12/2015 8:00:26 AM
Actually.. i am agreeing with Clooney here. I am getting a "wife shopping" vibe. I am sure not right for him.

BUT not because I am moving into a trailer park lol. Actually my plans are single girl plans. I have no love on my horizon and I am just covering my bases. Even if i meet Mr right... It would be over a year before i would consider cohabitating. And while I would even retire to florida with the man I love(I do not want to go to florida)... i do not love anyone right now. I am just trying to be open to date. Open to all sorts of possibilities.

We had a two beer and a water meet. He never really discussed what his expectations were for a relationship during this time. We just jibber jabbered about our lives.

And responding to one poster about the definition of single... (ya thats you Norwegian fella) I am single if I am not in a marriage, a cohabitation, or a SO type of relationship. Boyfriend means monogamous dating to me. Dating is something that can lead somewhere or not. And thus far.. not

and as for the trailer park life?.. Have you seen the newer trailer parks.. beautiful double wides ... a clubhouse.. a pool... a laundry facility? Its probably out of my price range truly.

I just believe that some people can't stand the thought of being alone. I am perty darn happy alone..... Just missing something I think. I went 4 yrs without dating.

Lots of independent ladies on here.. (and fellas)
 Debisue64
Msg: 73 (view)

Is it just me, or is asking for more pics right off a turn off?
Posted: 8/11/2015 4:08:32 PM
yes.. its a turn off.. it usually means they want to see your body MORE. and seriously.. See me in person.

Its never a waste of time to check a person off your list. Its a waste of time to spend weeks on the build up.. and then meet. Some people look better than their pics.. some look like grandpa from the nursing home while his pics look like a highschool student.. lol
 Debisue64
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 8/11/2015 3:56:40 PM
lol.. thanks everyone for the responses.. all great!

More info:
He owns a house.. we talked about the renovations we each have done. I am my own cheapest labor.. and i have done plumbing(coppper) roofing All the electrical... built a wall... reskimmed some drywall etc... Im a tired girl fo sho

Had he said the words to my face during the meet... I would not have felt this way. It could be MY issues.. or HIS issues.. not sure.

He seemed nice.. I gave him a hug goodbye.. and my phone number with the words.. I hate TEXTING.....

My dream is not to live in a trailer park.. lol.. I want a corvette like Clooneys'Tutor.. ha

I have paid my own way for over 10 yrs. This house has been my burden with no other help for that long. My son used to mow the lawn for money .. but he is gone(yay)(love him tho')

Yes.. Communication is key.

His text came in at 5 am. and i was not even up yet. I was waiting for my alarm to ring(my phone is my alarm)... i was not sure what to say.. so i just simply went to work. I do not carry my phone(he knows this). So while i was at work another text comes in:
"I hid my profile because i do not want to search while I'm talking to you!"

Ok... So his first text was a statement of his expectations .. with a "let me know please" at the end. I texted back with... "Let you know what?" He went on about how he plans on living with a woman who he is in a relationship with and she must have the same plans on such type of living.(long winded text).
Not planning any drama.. lol.. Not planning on tarring and feathering him. BUT... i do think we are different. I want to date and see what happens.. and he is full on for finding a woman who fits HIS needs.

Totally sure I cannot dismiss my unsettling feeling we are not a match. Not sure what to text back.. as I am a crappy texter.
 Debisue64

Posted: 8/11/2015 1:58:33 PM
Met a guy from Pof the other night. We did not chat much before we met.

During the meet. We talked about everything... Including our gameplans for the future. He seemed nice. We arranged a date for next weekend.

I have been single since 2002. Had a few "bad for me" boyfriends along the way... None of them went past a year.

So my gameplan is to downsize. I am tired of taking care of a house. Told this "stranger" ... I will probably move to an Apt or a mobile home. I no longer want to mow lawn ( I own a house with an acre to mow) I no longer desire to fix things...

SO.... He texts me last night with this:

"I have been thinking and if you are going to move into a trailer park that is nothing I would want to do. I like living in a house with some property. I just want to be clear about that. Let me know please."

Do you think he is jumping the gun? I mean.. did I say that gameplan involved moving a man in with me? Haha.. :))

Am I wrong to feel unsettled that he is making it clear he wants a "live in" in his style of living.... before he even gets to know me?

I just ask this because... SURE.. if I fell in love ... I would CHANGE my gameplans. Am I strange for this to be a turnoff to me?
 Debisue64
Msg: 27 (view)

Local phenomena or site-wide?
Posted: 7/18/2015 1:07:07 PM
Some people just do NOT desire to date outside of their race.. click to the next profile.

I am more worried about the men who do not date FAT CHICKS!.. OR women the same age as them.. :P
 Debisue64
Msg: 31 (view)

where?
Posted: 7/15/2015 4:26:00 PM
Honestly... if MY age was that far off.. i would start a new profile. Makes no sense to keep it?

and I am over 40.. and hardly desperate.. :P
 Debisue64
Msg: 3750 (view)

GUYS!!! If you met the right woman, could you wait for the sex till marriage?
Posted: 7/14/2015 4:52:47 PM
IF i were 21 again.. hell ya.. i would wait for sex till marriage..

But at 50.. ... I may or may not marry again.. so, any intimacy will come with trust.. but no paper needed.
 debisue64

Pics from the Bay City Stables Party on June 27th
Posted: 6/28/2015 1:32:36 PM
Will take some time to upload these. My camera is not cooperative.. :))

Had a great time! Thanks everyone who showed. We will have another when i find a weekend where there is LESS going on!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
 Debisue64

Party at the Stables Cigar and Martini Bar June 27th
Posted: 6/24/2015 4:07:23 PM
only 3 more days folks.. Cant wait to meet everyone.

Will be a super good time. We have quite a crowd coming. Please come early to get a seat as there will not be many.
 debisue64

new messages problem
Posted: 6/17/2015 6:43:20 AM
I have new messages... but when i click on them.. I get this?

"Sorry, there are no messages between you and this user in the system from the last 29 days."
 Debisue64

Party at the Stables Cigar and Martini Bar June 27th
Posted: 6/11/2015 4:46:19 PM
This is going to be a fun party. Cant wait to see you Kat.. its been a while!
 debisue64

Party at the Stables Cigar and Martini Bar June 27th 7:30 pm
Posted: 6/11/2015 8:45:12 AM
HI folks!
I am hosting another get together!
I have reserved stall one in the main area of the Stables bar. Starting time is actually at 7:30 but I will be there at 7pm setting up.
I will only be greeting till 9pm.. then time to DANCE!
Please come early and grab a seat.
We will Greet you, name tag you.. and maybe with your permission .... take your picture.

This is different than the last party as.. its more geared towards the dancing part.

Band:
THE SINCLAIRS.
Genre: Classic Rock, plus a little Pop & Funk
www.thesinclairsband.com

Venue:
The Stables Martini and Cigar Bar
804 E. Midland Street
Bay City, MI 48706
http://www.lumberbaronsbrewery.com/

Euclid Motel
809 N Euclid Ave
Bay City, MI 48706
(989) 684-9455

Fairfield Inn
4105 Wilder Rd
Bay City, MI 48706
(989) 667-7050

1 Wenonah Park Place,

Your Hostess and Co Hostess
DebiSue64 and BayCityVB (Verda)

Debisue64
Msg: 39 (view)

If you personally owned POF what would you change about it?
Posted: 6/9/2015 1:31:18 PM
They should HIRE you BelleA :))
 Debisue64
Msg: 31 (view)

If you personally owned POF what would you change about it?
Posted: 6/7/2015 6:10:22 PM
I would change the "meet me" feature. I would want those i do NOT want to meet to no longer see my profile at all.
 Debisue64

Pics from the Bay City Meet and Greet May 2nd
Posted: 6/6/2015 11:50:18 AM
Trying to get one together for the 27th of this month
 Debisue64
Msg: 40 (view)

Ex cell phone drama
Posted: 6/1/2015 5:54:24 AM
See, If she really wanted to be done with him.. she would sell the house and downsize.

But it just sounds to me like YOU want to live in that house.

The kids are adult....
 Debisue64
Msg: 8 (view)

Do women run the show early in the relationship? If so how do men feel about it?
Posted: 5/23/2015 5:02:21 PM

I am not a "beta" male I am one of the top daters in POF history, been here for 10 years, dated around 200-300 women on this site, had several long term relationships. Can write a book on dating and relating.

Oh gosh.. so your the authority.. you should know the answer.

Watch the movie "he's just not that into you"...
 debisue64

Pics from the Bay City Meet and Greet May 2nd
Posted: 5/5/2015 3:43:25 PM
Not too many pics were taken.. I will bring a real camera next time..

Thanks everyone for coming. Will throw another one in a month!

**************************************************************************************

If anyone has any ideas for activities at a mixer.. please message me!
 Debisue64

Meet and Greet 7pm The Stables Fire Room in Bay City May 2nd
Posted: 4/20/2015 1:59:45 PM
HI folks!
I am hosting a POF Meet and Greet May 2nd at The Stables - Fire Room, Bay City.
May 2nd, 7pm to 9pm and you are invited to stay and dance with us afterwards Till close.

This is a great way to meet singles before the loud music starts.
The Fire Room is located next to the Fire bar.(between bar and restaurant)

I have been told you can order food from the Rusty Saw restaurant, but there will be an extended wait for it. So, you may want to eat before you come.

They do have drink specials.. but since they change a lil every night, I cannot post the list.

Downstairs (downramp) in The Stables Bar area ... we will have dancing afterwards with an awesome band.
The Sinclairs
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Sinclairs-Band/165363468757?fref=ts

Your Hostess and Co Hostess
DebiSue64 and BayCityVB (Verda)

The Stables - Fire Room
Located in the center near the Fire Bar
804 E. Midland Street
Bay City, MI 48706
http://www.lumberbaronsbrewery.com/firebar.html

Euclid Motel
809 N Euclid Ave
Bay City, MI 48706
(989) 684-9455

Fairfield Inn
4105 Wilder Rd
Bay City, MI 48706
(989) 667-7050

1 Wenonah Park Place,
 debisue64
Msg: 46 (view)

Apparently I'm great, but You don't do what boyfriends should do
Posted: 4/15/2015 1:44:38 PM
010010010010000001110100011010000110100101101110011010110010000001110100011010000110010100100000011101110110100001100001011000110110101101100001011001000110111101101111001000000111000001110010011011110110011001101001011011000110010100100000011010010111001100100000011001100111010101101110011011100111100100101110001000000010000001000111011000010111011001100101001000000110110101100101001000000111001101101111011011010110010101110100011010000110100101101110011001110010000001110100011011110010000001100100011011110010000001100110011011110111001000100000011101000111011101101111001000000110110101101001011011100111010101110100011001010111001100100001

Never give give give to someone who takes takes takes.. Love never grows that way.
 debisue64
Msg: 83 (view)

Men need to learn courting skills for their own benefit
Posted: 3/26/2015 3:58:40 PM
I think everyone "defines" the word courting differently.

When I look back on my 2 "in love" experiences.. both men were genuinely charming. Good at the chase.. good at flirting.

I, on the other hand... really SUCK at flirting...

I still need the man to be the "Hunter".. and not the KMA and maybe Ill give ya some penis type.
 debisue64

Wants to meet you
Posted: 3/26/2015 3:39:40 PM

Every day a handful of women looking like victoria secret models say they want to meet me, I msg them, we hook up !

Lovin life !!!!!!

Lol.. love that one..
 debisue64
Msg: 33 (view)

Can our hobbies, as much as we enjoy them, limit our dating success?
Posted: 3/26/2015 5:37:43 AM
well.. my favorite hobby is Karaoke.. although I can sing and play a guitar on open mic nights.

It limits me greatly .... Most men do not want a "bar fly".. and that stuff happens in bars.

But of recent, I have taken a gym membership with great hopes to run some 5 K's this summer. I have no time to go out singing in bars.

Now Im too busy to date

But on the flip side.. If i had a dollar for every man who contacted me... with the interests of "hunting, fishing, camping and quads".. I would be a millionairess. I dont mind camping in a hotel..
 debisue64
Msg: 24 (view)

Regression of conversation skills
Posted: 3/22/2015 3:50:48 PM
Or.. it could be the women you have chosen to meet....

Just sayn'

If the conversation doesn't flow.. they just aren't right for you
 debisue64
Msg: 47 (view)

Engagement rings necessary in the 21st century?
Posted: 3/22/2015 3:36:34 PM
If he buys me our first dinner.. he can be non-traditional after that..

I don't need a ring.. Not even sure if i need the paper..

I think a "pre honeymoon" would work instead..
 debisue64
Msg: 58 (view)

Boyfriend wants sex all the time?
Posted: 3/20/2015 7:59:10 PM
its simple.. just say no

he doesnt deserve you.. time to move on
 debisue64
Msg: 14 (view)

Hook-ups
Posted: 3/13/2015 1:00:47 PM
The possibility is that.... they are really LOOKING for true love..

But since you aren't a super model.. they just want to bump uglies and move on.
 debisue64
Msg: 19 (view)

Driving Over 100 Miles for You?
Posted: 3/5/2015 4:38:49 PM
if a person had a 100% of my "wish list"... maybe I'd be willing to travel..

most do not.. I prefer not to drive.. really

I once had a b/f who lived an hour and a half away.. I think.. had he lived close by.. we wouldnt have made it a week.. haha..
He hid his mental illness ... it wasnt apparent till I spent a full weekend with him.. ha
 debisue64
Msg: 514 (view)

are women too fussy
Posted: 2/11/2015 1:25:55 PM
yes yes yes.. I sure am fussy.. and so are all the men looking at me.. lol

Don't we get fussier as we get older?.. I'd rather be alone than with just ANYONE.
 debisue64
Msg: 129 (view)

Weight difference in pics?
Posted: 2/8/2015 5:24:40 PM
well.. whats funny about this topic is.. that the OP is afraid to be duped when he meets her.

its so much easier to just MEET and go NOOOOOO than to email for a freakin' month right?

I am a meet me and get it over with type of girl.. most men are NOT what they portray when i meet them.. yet it makes for interesting campfire stories.. :))

Show ALL Forums