Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Into a younger coworker
 scottey63
Msg: 29 (view)

Into a younger coworker
Posted: 12/6/2014 6:05:28 PM
1. Don't crap where you eat.
2. You don't have anything in common with a girl who is almost young enough to be your daughter, even if you think you do.
 scottey63
Msg: 15 (view)

Can you give your opinion on my profile?
Posted: 11/1/2014 7:19:21 PM
No comments on your profile, but your reading comprehension skills leave much to be desired. Did you miss the bright red legend that says "This is NOT your Profile Review Forum!!"?
 scottey63
Msg: 7 (view)

Please criticise my profile
Posted: 11/1/2014 7:19:01 PM
No comments on your profile, but your reading comprehension skills leave much to be desired. Did you miss the bright red legend that says "This is NOT your Profile Review Forum!!"?
 scottey63
Msg: 22 (view)

Struggling to Figure out how she feels
Posted: 10/26/2014 5:07:42 PM
When you pursue someone who has told you she's been on "a few dates" with someone else and is still seeing him, you pays your money and you takes your chances, as the saying goes.

I would have stopped at that point. Who has time for that BS?
 scottey63

Should I Ask Her If It Was a Date?
Posted: 10/25/2014 10:34:57 PM
When I entered the dating world, when a guy asked a girl out, it was a date. Period. Both parties knew it was a date. If the girl wasn't interested, she said no. Maybe one or both parties decided they didn't want to go on a second date, but it was still a date. Guys hung out with their guy friends, and dated girls. Oh, those were the days.

There were no "outings as friends", no "hanging out", no trying to figure out if a date is actually a date, and no "I'd still like to be your friend" consolation prizes. Sheesh, the world we live in today.
 scottey63
Msg: 41 (view)

Who walked away for the final time, me or her?
Posted: 10/10/2014 7:51:10 PM
Who cares? She's your ex. Or is she?

But if you need an answer, she's the one who walked away with the power because you texted her, and because it's important to you to have the power. She's living rent-free in your head now.

And the very fact that you posted this makes it clear you're nowhere near being done with her for good.
 scottey63
Msg: 41 (view)

Not walking your date to her door
Posted: 9/14/2014 7:58:13 AM
At a first meeting, I always meet her and say our good-byes in a public place, so, no, I don't walk her to the door, since we're not at her door.

If we're actually dating, of course I do.
 scottey63
Msg: 20 (view)

Ex Wife Question
Posted: 8/15/2014 10:07:49 AM
Sheesh.

1. Lesson one of being divorced is you aren't married anymore, and don't live together anymore.

2. You needn't worry about what happens when you want to start dating someone. A woman won't come near you once she learns you live with your ex-wife.

3. It will be awkward when she wants to date someone, because at least some guys will date her just to get into her pants but will have nothing else to do with her, because she lives with her ex-husband.

Your man-card is suspended for the duration of her stay with you.
 scottey63
Msg: 4 (view)

Why are we seen as so pathetic?
Posted: 8/15/2014 9:56:59 AM
This has never happened to me. If these are women you're messaging, I think there's something wrong with your picker.

As for the spam folder, everyone who has an email address gets those. Seriously, do you really look at those messages? How long have you been using the internet, anyway?
 scottey63
Msg: 17 (view)

Sending a Second Message?
Posted: 7/26/2014 3:02:37 PM
No reply means she's not interested. After a year and a half on this site, have you really not figured that one out yet?

Other than showing that you don't get the hint, it comes off as being creepy/needy/stalkerish.

Don't do it.
 scottey63

i hate that i let her walk all over me
Posted: 6/8/2014 7:50:58 AM
Dump her. You don't trust her, and she's not trustworthy. No woman is worth what you're putting yourself through. Don't date anyone else until you find some respect for yourself and stop feeling the need to snoop through someone else's phone. Once you feel the need to do that, it's already over.
 scottey63
Msg: 27 (view)

How to bed a good friend ?
Posted: 5/31/2014 4:11:05 AM
Yeahhhh...maybe it means something different in Canada, but here, to "bed" someone is to sleep with them, not to help them get laid.
 scottey63
Msg: 8 (view)

Best friend blocked me on facebook and stopped talking to me?
Posted: 5/29/2014 7:34:51 PM
Maybe it was because of your unbelievably annoying use of emoticons.
 scottey63

Wont meet and tells me he is going on a date but keeps texting?
Posted: 4/29/2014 6:23:47 PM
My question is, why keep responding? He keeps texting because you're Plan B (or C or D), as another responder noted.

My second question is, why aren't you talking on the phone instead of texting? You're 40 years old, for Pete's sake.

My third question is, if you're still interested, why haven't you figured out that you need to ask him "when can we meet?" instead of "what are you doing this weekend?" (WAY too open-ended) ??
 scottey63
Msg: 16 (view)

Others are divided on whether this is a scam
Posted: 4/27/2014 9:42:00 AM
Whether or not someone shows up on "who's viewed me" means absolutely nothing. Users have the option of letting the people they've viewed see it or not.
 scottey63
Msg: 35 (view)

Would you consider a LDR now when you wouldn't before?
Posted: 3/20/2014 5:35:52 PM
I've been in a couple of them. Now I'm not at all inclined to be in a LDR, regardless of how often we would see each other.
 scottey63
Msg: 70 (view)

What's the best way to deal with my FWB situation?
Posted: 2/20/2014 3:06:06 PM
It's amazing how many women let themselves get into FWB situations then decide they want more. What a surprise the guy doesn't want things to change! Why should he?

If you don't want to be FWB, stop banging him, already. The question of staying friends or not will likely resolve itself in a big hurry.
 scottey63

Should I move on?
Posted: 2/7/2014 10:48:02 PM
Stop wasting your time with these women. I wouldn't wait more than a few days just to talk on the phone. And I wouldn't wait more than 2 weeks to meet someone in person.
 scottey63
Msg: 52 (view)

He's been caught
Posted: 2/7/2014 10:35:14 PM
Next time, save yourself the trouble of going behind his back and snooping through his phone. (I can't believe the number of posts I see from women who think they're entitled to do this.) If you can't trust a guy and feel the need to do this, it's over already. Just dump him.

And assuming you are "friends" on MyFace and/or he makes his page public for all the world to see, I doubt he's chasing women there.
 scottey63
Msg: 16 (view)

Post-First Date Call Situation
Posted: 2/2/2014 8:17:14 PM
Let me guess. She gave you the number, but you never actually called her before meeting in person. Sheesh.

It's a wonder she agreed to and showed up for the meeting, since she had already "wrong-numbered" you.

Reason #3 why I never meet anyone in person without having her phone number and speaking at least a few times on the phone. No number, no conversation, no date.
 scottey63
Msg: 10 (view)

When you find a coworker increasingly attractive
Posted: 1/27/2014 7:28:34 PM
I bestow a mantra on you: Ommmm...don't crap where you eat...ommmm...don't crap where you eat...ommmm...don't crap where you eat...ommmmmmmmmmm
 scottey63
Msg: 28 (view)

1st year anniverasry
Posted: 1/27/2014 7:24:51 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess joining a dating site is not the way to celebrate an anniversary with someone you want to stay with.
 scottey63
Msg: 29 (view)

Girl wants to meet me with 2 of her friends on the first date, feeling didn't about it?
Posted: 1/16/2014 6:46:52 PM
Sure. Instead of going out with one woman you barely know, why not make it three people you don't know? That can only be good.

Seriously, I've done that a couple of times. Both were huge disappointments. She might:

1. Hardly talk to you and just chat with her friends. And if her friends leave the table to go and dance or something, you're left with someone not talking to you.

2. Have male friends with her, and when you get there one of them has his hand on her ass.

3. She might want to do this so if it wasn't happening for her after 5 minutes, she could ditch you and already be out and hanging with her friends. (One woman actually told me this, and I said no.)

So, no more group first meets for me. If meeting one-on-one (and ending the meet) in a public place isn't safe enough, she should re-think doing online dating.
 scottey63
Msg: 3 (view)

Why do so many women post pics of their kids?
Posted: 1/11/2014 11:20:37 AM
1. Because they're stupid.
2. They don't want to bother to have someone take pictures of them without the kids to post on dating sites.
 scottey63
Msg: 23 (view)

Taking a 3 month break
Posted: 1/7/2014 10:35:09 AM
It's been a while since I've had to invoke Yoda on the forums.

Date. Or Date not. There is no "break".
 scottey63
Msg: 24 (view)

FRIEND ZONED AFTER DATING
Posted: 12/29/2013 12:41:58 PM
If you mean so you can start dating her again, the answer is no. It's over. Move on.

If you mean simply to get out of the friend zone, period, of course you can. Stop going out with her, stop talking to her, stop having any contact with her. That part only happens because you allow it.
 scottey63
Msg: 50 (view)

evolution of the EX
Posted: 12/16/2013 10:10:43 AM
Notice this kind of thing? Yes. Although for the life of me, I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would knowingly even start dating someone who still lives with their ex.
 scottey63
Msg: 25 (view)

Not sure what this is between us too...
Posted: 12/13/2013 5:05:48 PM

She was in a relationship for 7 years, but it was not going well for the past year, and she broke up with him 1 month before we started texting, so no I am not a rebound.

Space and inter-dimensional travel evidently has advanced much further than I ever imagined. I wonder what universe you're from where one month after a 21 year-old woman gets out of a 7-year relationship are you not the rebound?!?

Even if the circumstances were different, one month out of any serious relationship is still a rebound. The guy was probably the only guy she had ever dated, through immaturity and extreme impressionability, he was the be-all of end-all of men for her. You are not only the rebound, you are the mega-rebound!
 scottey63
Msg: 33 (view)

evolution of the EX
Posted: 12/13/2013 4:56:28 PM
The days of an ex being an ex are only gone if one lets it, and for that, read: wants it.

And in the case of someone involved with someone still inapproriately connected to an ex, beacuse they put up with someone else doing it.
 scottey63
Msg: 9 (view)

35+....it gets interesting
Posted: 12/10/2013 10:52:51 AM

I've received tons of attention from women who are 35+ with no kids and have never stepped foot into a college. This makes me very skeptical as to what these women have been doing with their lives since high-school ended.

I don't really expect someone who makes six figures (nor do I want that because those jobs usually require 80 hour workweeks so where would we have time together?!) or someone with a college degree, not once did I ever imply that

Yes, you did imply that. It sounds more like you're looking for a resume than a woman. And someone who has never been to college isn't necessarily "stuck in the 21 yr old phase".
 scottey63

Wants first date as a group date
Posted: 12/1/2013 5:45:18 AM

She said, "If you criticize my approach at doing this, move on." and then continues to say, "we have our own way of doing things, and if you don't respect that, just ask yourself 'why are you still single?'".

Move on. Her "way of doing things" is batsh!t crazy. She's also a control freak who insists on having everything her way.
 scottey63
Msg: 24 (view)

The Do you want children question
Posted: 11/29/2013 1:43:52 PM
Of course it can. But do you want to date someone who doesn't understand a simple question like "Do you want children"?
 scottey63
Msg: 17 (view)

The dreaded holidays
Posted: 11/29/2013 1:39:57 PM
"blew you off" as in she accepted the invitation, then didn't show up? Ignored the invitation?

If neither are true, and she acknowledged but declined the invitation, she did not "blow you off". You're making way too much of it.
 scottey63

Seems interested, then Disappears?
Posted: 11/23/2013 10:20:59 AM
This is hardly the exclusive province of men. In fact, women do this so often that I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't a guy who posted this.

People do this for any number of reasons.
1. He got a better offer.
2. He's just not that into you.
3. You did something to turn him off.
4. He finds you boring (see #2).
5. He actually did go back to the ex (unlikely, but possible).
6. He actually is too busy (even more unlikely; guys make time for women they're into).

The bottom line is, this is just how it is in online dating. In today's online and schedule-overfull world, people simply don't feel obligated to provide notice and/or a reason after just a couple of weeks. You'd better develop a thicker skin and get used to it if you're going to do online dating.
 scottey63
Msg: 13 (view)

Relationships of the acquaintance sort... declining directly or being evasive?
Posted: 11/22/2013 10:30:16 AM
Although men are simple creatures who usually value directness, whether men can take hints or not isn't the issue. Saying "in a different stage in my life" isn't much of a hint, nor are your proposed alternatives. You're not breaking up with him, after all.

You seem to be looking for creative ways to avoid expressing your intent. You should say "I won't be attending this event and I've decided I won't be attending any of these events in the future."
 scottey63
Msg: 21 (view)

Should I call a girl who deleted her profile?
Posted: 11/18/2013 11:00:13 AM
Yes, you should. That's why she gave you her number, and that's what your phone is for.
 scottey63
Msg: 36 (view)

Clingy?
Posted: 11/14/2013 10:47:35 AM
Clingy, no. That's not the word for it.

After just one conversation, if she messaged you in the middle of the night asking if you were ignoring her, the word I would use is "batsh!t crazy". Anyone who expects an immediate response to any text message regardless of the hour is more than a little unbalanced.
 scottey63
Msg: 27 (view)

holidays(and the new girlfriend)
Posted: 11/12/2013 10:35:31 AM
The heck with the gym...Thanksgiving sex! :)
 scottey63
Msg: 19 (view)

Breaking up with single mom
Posted: 11/6/2013 4:58:08 PM
Got no advice for your situation, except maybe to start looking for a job and a place to live where you can find them. And get out ASAP. You've been played.
For the future, never move to a different town and/or give up your job for a woman. Never let the words "she made the decision for us..." escape your lips again.
 scottey63
Msg: 14 (view)

do you send hit there :) messages?
Posted: 11/2/2013 4:34:07 PM
Nope, never sent a "hit there :)" message. (That would be a little weird). Or a "Hi there" message for that matter, and I don't reply to the ones I get.
 scottey63
Msg: 38 (view)

The ex boyfriend is back rejection text
Posted: 11/2/2013 12:05:41 PM
Sheesh. All this after one date?

The "I'm going back to my ex" story is a lie at least as often as it's the truth. Probably more often. However, for whatever reason, the bottom line is she doesn't want to date you.

What I wonder is why you'd want to keep chasing after someone who would use such a lame excuse for not seeing you again? And if it is the truth, why would you want to date someone who's such a flake? Seriously, have some respect for yourself and stop thinking with your little head.
 scottey63
Msg: 45 (view)

He's not in love with me?
Posted: 11/2/2013 11:54:32 AM
I was absolutely furious that I drove from work (1 hour) to his house for him to barely speak to me and then call me selfish because I didn't take into consideration he was sick.

Hmm. There's more to this part of the story than meets the eye. Did you have plans to get together? If not, I'd probably call someone selfish if she just showed up and not taking into consideration I was sick, too.

However, it sounds like he's lost interest and was looking for an excuse to break up with you.
 scottey63
Msg: 13 (view)

My fiance' is the maid of honor for ex-boyfriends cousin...
Posted: 10/29/2013 10:35:34 AM
my fiance' is the maid of honor for her ex-boyfriend's counsin's fiance'

Seriously, this sounds too much like the scene in "Ferris Bueller" when the girl explains to Ben Stein (the teacher) why Ferris isn't in class. But I digress.

I'd be very leery of any woman who is still close enough to her ex to participate in a wedding for one of her relatives, in which he is also a participant, and who has any contact with said ex-boyfriend.

Then again, if I were her, I'd be leery of a guy she's presumably marrying next February, when said guy joined a dating site in December of 2012, and still has a profile here. Part of me hopes you've been engaged to her longer than that if you're marrying her in 3-4 months, but if you have, the other part of me thinks you're a total douchebag for joining a dating site.

You should call off your own wedding immediately and break up with your fiancee, because you don't trust her, in spite of the fact that she has proven herself less than trustworthy, and you should not date anyone else until you resolve your trust issues and/or fix your picker. Thus, the question of her ex-boyfriend's cousin's wedding is thereby also solved.
 scottey63
Msg: 9 (view)

Is it ok to date 3 people?
Posted: 10/25/2013 7:58:02 PM
There's nothing wrong with meeting 3 women. I can't imagine how you would manage dating 3 women, or why you would want to.

That being said, remember that online dating is a group activity women do with their female friends for fun. They get each other to join the dating sites they're on, talk to each other about guys they're talking to/meeting, and sometimes they even look at the guys' profiles and messages when they're hanging out together, so finding out about the other girls is a real possibility.
 scottey63
Msg: 20 (view)

girls who put 'a few extra pounds' when they arn't
Posted: 10/23/2013 6:00:29 PM
I wonder where these women are that you're talking about. Most often what I see (and most commented about on the forums) is just the opposite. Women who list "average" who should put "a few extra pounds", "a few extra pounds" when it should be "bbw", and so forth.
 scottey63

Do you want children?
Posted: 10/23/2013 5:54:20 PM
Well, most of the women in your selected age range (18-30) do want to eventually have kids, so I don't get what your question is. If you don't want to have kids, someone who does want kids probably is not a good match for you.

Wait until you get to age 40 and over, and you have to try to figure out if those women who put "yes" here actually want to start making babies (which is what this category means), or if they are incorrectly using it to state they will date someone who already has kids, but doesn't want to make new ones.

If anyone in my age range puts "yes" here (or "undecided" or "prefer not to say", for that matter), I move on, because I think they're either friggin' crazy for even entertaining the idea of making babies in her mid to late 40's, or doesn't have enough on the ball to know what this category is for.
 scottey63
Msg: 18 (view)

A question about guys and their space
Posted: 10/22/2013 5:48:59 PM
Imagine, someone being busy when you text him. The nerve of the guy!

Who can tell if someone is offended by a text? It's not real communication and you can't tell the tone of what someone is saying on either end of the "convo". (Note: texting is exchanging messages, not a conversation. For that, you have to speak in real time, on the phone or in person.)

Not sure what your question is about guys and their space, but when a woman uses that word, to a guy it means it's over and you're breaking up. Guys are simple creatures, and we take what you say literally.
 scottey63
Msg: 12 (view)

Bringing a married friend to a wedding
Posted: 10/22/2013 5:26:12 PM
Yeah, I'm with those who say bringing a married woman to a wedding as your date is a little weird. But then, I'm not in the habit of asking out married women.

Who says you have to bring someone with you? Things happen. Sometimes the planned "and guest" just can't make it.
 scottey63
Msg: 25 (view)

How to break it to him there's no spark?
Posted: 10/18/2013 10:36:58 AM
Go with the "I'm just not that into you" but leave out the "but it would be cool if we hung out." If he says yes to that, he's only doing it in hopes you'll change your mind and/or someday he'll be able to get into your pants.
 scottey63
Msg: 102 (view)

Can you really stay friends with an ex?
Posted: 10/18/2013 10:34:02 AM
Yes, but it's hard. If you don't have kids together, why would want to? Are you hoping to get into her pants again someday?

Show ALL Forums