Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Outdoor Fun
 Maples01
Msg: 3 (view)

Outdoor Fun
Posted: 7/13/2014 7:59:25 PM
The crickets are chirping in here, it is humid outside, I went out to adjust my brakes, waited till dark to do so, less than 30 minutes in and I was soaked with sweat, outdoor activities are gonna be rough, I'm ready to go to the Cove.
 Maples01
Msg: 2 (view)

Outdoor Fun
Posted: 7/21/2013 7:28:47 PM
I've been hitting the cruise in/car shows, Maryville has one at Foothills mall every Friday evenings, some of the same guys go to the one off of Clinton Hwy at the old Kmart by the auto parts store, make a great area for a date.
 Maples01
Msg: 16 (view)

what is the appropriate amount to spend on the first date?
Posted: 5/2/2013 1:32:40 AM
How much is dinner and dancing at Taco Bell?
 Maples01
Msg: 9 (view)

Ugh! Why do men stop contacting you after 5 dates?
Posted: 5/2/2013 1:10:52 AM
If I lumped "all" women together due to my observations I'd not be on a dating site PERIOD
What you have just experienced is he either got what he wanted, saw it wasn't going where he wanted, or his wife found out, sorry, I don't see sugar coating it as answering the question. He could be scared and taking time to think it through, but not likely. It could be they are scared of telling that they aren't interested, if you've been watching, some people are crazy, you never know what'll happen when you upset them.
Keep lookin, eventually the right person will come along.
 maples01
Msg: 173 (view)

Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 3/24/2013 2:58:17 PM
My peeve is the weather, is it Spring, winter, or fall right now?
 maples01
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 3/10/2013 5:12:56 PM
Hidin from homeland security. LoL
 Maples01
Msg: 11 (view)

For serious people in TN looking for a relationship.
Posted: 12/20/2012 4:42:48 PM
It's what they say that throws up red flags, hell, their photos themselves give a clue, face it, a female puts she wants a serious relationship, no games, then puts up a photo focused on her boobs, pushing them up and together with her arms, the others are her wearing little clothing, looking like a PG layout on the cover of playboy, what message do you get?
How about a gut, shirtless showing his 6 pack abs, cutting out the head shot for his profile?
I may be getting cynical as I get older, but you know, experience is gained from actions, you learn as you go, between my own experience, and listening to others, I don't know if there are many out there who are serious, and aren't working some kind of angle.
 maples01

Posted: 10/11/2012 9:27:36 PM
I just find it entertaining, I don't go for women who are obviously out of my league tho, so it really doesn't bother me. You can pretty much tell which profiles are serious, and which ones are playing.
 maples01
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 10/7/2012 7:55:20 PM
I have to say, some of the funniest things women put on their profile can be summed up as, "I am superficial, and if you ain't hot, don't message me, because you aren't worth my time." Yet if a guy does this he's a "dog" because it's unacceptable. LoL
 maples01
Msg: 10 (view)

Tennessee in the News!
Posted: 10/3/2012 9:23:12 PM
We made the news again, god bless those UT students, now there's a new way of enjoying wine for those who can't stand the taste.
 Maples01
Msg: 35 (view)

Why do men go back to their ex's?
Posted: 9/26/2012 2:07:35 PM
To be honest, I am happy, self sufficient, something I couldn't be before, I don't want smothered, when able to leave a train wreck, why go buy another ticket a week later. Some people need their ex for the comfort factor, you know each others wants and needs, which tells me you didn't break for the right reasons, you just wanted to see other people, how can you be ready/faithful to anyone with this mentality.
I was thinking about it last night, it's nice have someone to hold hands with, share things, but I and content, or shall I say happy by myself, I've not met anyone, yet I've not even looked, perhaps that's what we need to be ready for someone.
 maples01

Get Together at Bailey's in Knoxville 9-14-12
Posted: 9/26/2012 1:54:09 PM
I hate that I missed that, got wrapped up in something, time flew by on me.
 Maples01
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 9/16/2012 2:45:35 PM
Way to go, that's spot on.
 Maples01
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 9/9/2012 12:22:17 PM
I'm starting to like my dog better than people, and he don't trust or like anyone. LoL
I haven't had anyone message me other than those interested in my email to flood me with spam, and there is nothing in my description to put people off, other than the fact I am considered broken, but that's fine, I cope. Funny how people see me out and are "wow, I can't believe you did that," see the wheelchair and figure I am furniture I guess. I have done more seated than many uninjured people, have friends like me who have been in sports and on the Olympic teams. I'm not sure that many on these sites want serious, they want to play, the largest percentile are playing behind the back of their serious relationship who is their security, gotta have that blanket for when the game is over!
I don't go out much, I'm very out spoken but shy, I don't feel comfortable around crowds, I avoid them at all cost, I don't travel, if I can't drive it, I don't go. I am stuck in my own way, religious, gun toting outcast it seems.
 Maples01
Msg: 31 (view)

Posted: 8/12/2012 6:44:00 PM
I survived once, to go back is like voluntarily having a car accident, because for a short time, you are not alone.
I thought the reason people break up is because they can't get along, meaning you can't work it out, it looks like the more common excuse it, "to see other people."
 Maples01

Posted: 7/11/2012 12:56:37 AM
Life is tough, for sure, I'm in the same boat.
 maples01
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 7/8/2012 2:46:31 PM
That would be friends with benefits, something I don't believe in, but y7es, I've read where many say they are friends with their ex, leaving you to question, what kind of friend, I've witnessed this myself.
 Maples01

The GIST of internet dating....
Posted: 5/2/2012 5:51:54 PM
I don't want to seem blunt, I don't want for people to get the wrong idea about me, I just want them to get a better image of who I am. I friendly, talk to everyone, even help people when out shopping, just don't seem to catch anyone interested.
 Maples01
Msg: 4 (view)

~~~Cinco de Mayo Party~~~ 5-5-2012 @ 8 PM
Posted: 4/22/2012 4:50:14 PM
Looks interesting, not sure if I can make it, but if I can, I'll be there.
 maples01
Msg: 239 (view)

Introduce Yourself Here.
Posted: 4/18/2012 12:51:08 AM
My names Mark, been on here a few years, moved to Maryville TN, I'm an active wheelchair user, make no mistake, I push it, and can be hard to keep up with at times. I love working on stuff, and often questioned about whether I should be taking on tasks because it doesn't look possible where I sit.
 maples01
Msg: 24 (view)

Posted: 4/4/2012 6:59:33 PM
I need material to make my family laugh, aside from the laughing at myself over stuff that happens to me.
 maples01
Msg: 22 (view)

Posted: 4/1/2012 9:30:46 PM
The internet gives people an even bigger edge on lying, you see/read what they want you to see, but the thing about a lie, you have to remember it, and all the other ones surrounding it, the people with a good memory that you meet, will eventually catch you, but you just put a line back in the water, to catch the next one coming by. I spent enough time around liars that I learned how to spot them, and it's kind of entertaining to let them go on, don't stop them in a lie, nod you're head and let them think you're going along with it.

I have a wicked sense of humor.
 maples01
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 3/28/2012 1:06:57 PM
People read what they want, or define it the way they want, so many attempt to live a lie, or just lie to get what they want, they care little of the application or requirement.
 maples01
Msg: 16 (view)

I am trying to figure this out..
Posted: 3/28/2012 1:03:19 PM
I love the smoke and mirrors green cause, guess how cars get high mileage, guess what is in electronics and batteries, plastic, which is a petroleum based product, pretty funny how people are yet to realize that, everything you buy today is made of plastic too. The thing about green energy, it can't keep up with todays demand, hell, what we currently have can't keep up and it's more effective than both solar and wind. If the power grid struggles with the regular summer loads, how do you think the large number of electric cars being plugged in is gonna work out?
Government was never meant to be permanent jobs, it operates as a business, it was meant to be small, now it sees over every aspect of our lives, it's not what the founding fathers wanted, it was what they left in England, we're in need of another revolution, and it was written in the constitution because they saw this coming.
Replace them all, everyone put neither party in full control, one will control congress, you don't want it over senate too, keep them in line and in 4 years if there's no change, repeat the process, send a message, no one stays!
 maples01
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 3/21/2012 12:14:47 PM
Ron Paul has been consistent on limited government, but he went after a certain voter base and stepped in a big mess with improper Vietnam data, making it a racial debate, made many vets mad over it, but he's the only one who wants to undo everything. Remember, if everyone doesn't leave, the gov will continue to grow, just be under new management.
 maples01

Coupon Parties
Posted: 3/18/2012 12:30:20 PM
Haha, when I move. LoL

The area was pretty dead while I was there, would never go back, wish you luck.
 maples01

The GIST of internet dating....
Posted: 3/18/2012 12:24:47 PM
I've not been out once, maybe it's my profile, but it's me, no point in lying about anything, the truth always comes out in the end, but yes, I agree, I've noticed it's just games, a lot of smoke and mirrors.
 maples01

Posted: 3/18/2012 12:21:00 PM
Oh they're trying to add Puerto Rico I believe, must have some voters there, considering the economy, and we're not broke, we're in debt, I see this as stupid!
The voter ID is the biggest battle right now, democrats see themselves losing ground as the illegals and dead lose their voters rights.

Now there are more important issues, I understand, but to tell us it shouldn't be shown is a slap in the face as it was carried by men fighting for their homes, they were invaded by an army that was sent to oppress the south, over tax money the gov stood to lose, doesn't take a Harvard graduate to find that. Like the rest of the gov they'd like to wash that from history before they repeat it as citizen are getting tired of the hand of the empire and it's ruling of their lives, George Washington would have sided with the south, and would be getting an army today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24ZXWaYyM8U
 maples01
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 3/14/2012 1:33:18 PM
After Romney's comment on the confederate flag, he will not get any votes from the SCV, I didn't care for him before, care even less for him now.
 maples01

Posted: 3/7/2012 5:45:31 PM
He's getting 4 more years, I don't care who runs against him, he'll destroy Romney in a debate, Santorum votes for what ever is popular, Newt has the only intelligence to whipe the floor with Barry in a debate but has baggage that the media and O administration will publicize. Face it, if they can't find a scandal, one will be made up, Cain was a threat see what happened, the second he left the race, accusations disappeared, how's that happen, if he was a womanizer, wouldn't he still be even tho he wasn't running for office. If you break a law, you should be pursued whether you wanted votes or not, but remember, all those women had ties to Obama's administration and staff, he deserved votes, he can frame you for anything, not to mention signed to indefinitely detain citizens.

I want to secede!
 maples01
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 3/4/2012 3:59:54 PM
That's what I'm talking about, they didn't end it, she did, they're just buying time till the figure she'll find that they are her best interest and will call, both side do it. You just gotta find the guys who aren't "friends" with their ex.
 maples01

Posted: 3/4/2012 3:55:07 PM
I say neither.

Unfortunately, there is no one strong enough to knock the king from his pestle and we can not afford to continue on this path, what needs to be done is EVERYONE needs to go, as they are all responsible for our predicament. The president is allowed to go around congress and senate and they refuse to stop him, making the answer quite clear.
 maples01
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 2/29/2012 12:46:38 PM
If you get far from your ex, you can be happier.

Too many people think they must be with someone before the week is out after a breakup.
 maples01

Nashville Meet & Mingles
Posted: 2/26/2012 2:17:39 PM
I moved east, 200 miles from Nashville, I avoided the city when I lived close, no parking for me. Most of the parties, you see by the photo's, many show compared to how many answer the forum, some people don't come in here yet are active on the site.
 maples01
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 2/26/2012 2:13:47 PM
I'm guessin there's nothin else they can talk about.

I don't have much respect for counselors or therapists, but I caught a clip of Madea on Broadway, made a statement I totally agree with, was addressing a woman who was looking to get married after a bad breakup, rebound, said "you can't go out expecting to get involved with someone until you're happy with yourself. You know, if you ain't happy alone, how can we expect to make someone else happy." It makes a lot of sense, people rushing out, the fear of being alone, thinking if we have someone we'll be happy not realizing, what we end up doing is dragging them down, making them unhappy, get yourself right first. You can't put a time limit on it, face it, some people get over things fast, yet some never get over it, if you can't, you won't move on, I don't care how may years it's been.
The odd part in my life is I can help people just chatting with them, yet makes no impact on my life at all, I'm not unhappy, I'm fine, well adjusted, but get lonely every now and then, not sure how I'll ever be able to work anyone in my life as my little dog seems to hate people.
 maples01

Posted: 2/19/2012 6:41:46 PM
The fear that there could be something I'm missing, something better around the corner.

My problem as of late is observation, been alone since 07, decided to observe, that is a bad thing to do, the number of friends with benefits, people happily dating multiples, and those married and dating, it will have you with serious trust issues.
Dating because of spontaneity, meeting new people, or just sex, then go back to your regular partner, into the dead end life with security. Could be a thrill for all I know.

I'm living the dream, it's called no involvement, guessing it's the fear of the unknown, I'm a wheelchair user, seems to scare women off, but I like being around people, I am friendly in public or chatting on the net, just trying to keep things simple and in perspective.
 maples01

Posted: 2/12/2012 7:22:33 PM
If I consider taking mine back, I'll commit suicide, because I'll accept that as onset Alzheimer and I don't plan to lose my mind.

I don't understand, relationships that didn't work, either you didn't work at it, or it's NOT going to work, many people don't understand what kind of work marriage is, they see it's the next step from dating, dating being the work, when you put the time in, you get married, resulting in failure. I hung on to my marriage to the very end, trying to work it out, don't take it lightly, am disgusted by todays society in viewing of marriage, get tired, just quit, but it takes more than one working at it, and repeated adultery is the last straw. They go back because of comfort, security, or fear of being alone, many choosing to ignore cheating, something they find dating others, they won't accept it.

Just gotta keep fishing, looking for a keeper, the easy ones are rarely worth the time.
 maples01

Posted: 2/2/2012 12:12:56 AM
I'm for a lobster meal, she'll wash dishes at the restaurant to cover it, won't she?
 maples01
Msg: 171 (view)

Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 1/11/2012 7:57:36 PM
I used to be active in many forum, the one thing constant is the number of people who's daily life revolves around stirring up crap, they must feel it an accomplishment to agitate others, the ones likely doing this are upset with the site and feel silencing communication it necessary. Look at the other states, there is little to no activity, is it due to new topic deletion, causing others to just give up?
Would be nice if the moderators would stop it by cutting the powers from those who aren't registered in our state, as what reason do they have coming here!
 maples01
Msg: 170 (view)

Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 1/8/2012 10:00:58 PM
I'm betting the voters have no real profile with pictures and aren't from Tennessee, they just surf the site to cause issues!
 maples01
Msg: 169 (view)

Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 1/1/2012 5:30:57 PM
Suthn Boy it's impossible to start a topic because this vote crap, if you don't like it, either don't open or comment, but many might be interested, the stupid moderators don't give anyone enough time to see it!
 maples01
Msg: 20 (view)

WOMEN AND DISABLED MEN
Posted: 12/18/2011 10:56:43 PM
I've been in a manual chair since 98, was married at the time, been single 4 years, haven't been on one date, I just changed my profile yet I'm up front in telling that I am in a wheelchair. It's no pity party, I'm not emotional over it, I make jokes a lot, I have a dark sense of humor, many get to laughing as I go into it. I'm starting to think people see us as either "awe bless your heart," or "oh man that's work," giving little chance to get to know you as a person, just the injury. People are floored when they hear I've done my own vehicle work, built an engine for a jacked up 4x4 truck and their only thought are "how do you get in that."
Life is easier when you have someone to share it with, we don't need a woman for nursing, we need kinship, sharing of emotions/feelings, something that just because we are disabled, we're not void of feeling.
 maples01

Why cruise other dating sites?
Posted: 12/18/2011 10:42:53 PM
All sites are free, you just gotta pay to see who messaged you, and BTW women get free listings there as we idiot males get suckered into clicking the link a female puts up to direct us to the site.
I'm not sure which sites are better as the same liars setup a profile on all.
 maples01

Welcome in 2012 Party
Posted: 12/18/2011 10:35:13 PM
Where is Ray's, this is a big state
 maples01
Msg: 166 (view)

Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 11/13/2011 3:18:59 PM
I just moved 200 miles, I'm closer to family, I have a bunch of movies, video games, and family to visit, I'll not be playing games or bothered with them, got better things to do.
I don't think the drama of dating is worth it, I was trying, but had no interest.
 maples01

PoF singles new year party!
Posted: 11/3/2011 3:43:41 PM
I just moved to Murville, hoping to be settled down soon, and ready to get out.
 maples01
Msg: 164 (view)

Pet Peeve!!
Posted: 8/21/2011 9:42:21 PM
My biggest pet peeve is ignorance, go to the picnic area by Cades Cove in the Smoky Mountains, there happen to be only 2 tables for the disabled, happen to be on the stream side, where everyone wants. Very few times do I get it, healthy people unload their stuff to claim it, and when I roll up in my chair they act put out that they have to move. I can't tell you how much I loath gravel, it's a manual chair, it takes a lot of effort to maneuver and keep from the uneven terrain tipping me over! When I do get the paved table, it's wonderful to have people bumping into us as they stroll through while we're cooking, so much for your own space!
There happen to be areas in life that are set aside for the less fortunate, they are marked, you should be thankful that you don't need it, rather than taking the space and boasting about how nice it is! Leaving your buggy's in stripe zones by the handicap parking spaces at stores, not that anyone knows or cares, some disabled people have vans with a lift that deploys out of the passenger side for them to exit/enter, it removes access for them. I'm true amazement I sit and watch, it's laziness at times, but others is ignorance, many will walk out of their way to put a buggy there when the rack designed for it is beside the door of the car they exited.
You park in the front door of a store to return a movie or pick something up, you're in a hurry, I am too, but your time is more important. You park in front of a curb cut or wheelchair ramp, you didn't see it, that doesn't matter it's a "NO PARKING" zone, missed that sign on the post too!
Handicap people, and those in wheelchairs are seem like jerks or disgruntled people, picture this: You get up in the morning, the dress routine is tough, extra work is required, going places is tough, there are a lot of parking spaces, but few with the requirement that meets your needs, them you have to deal with all of the ignorance from above. It's hard to be cheerful when you are met with a day full of obstacles, thank god it isn't this way everyday, but it is more than I care to count.
 maples01
Msg: 22 (view)

~~~~PICTURES OF THE SPRING FLING IN KNOXVILLE ~~~~
Posted: 5/18/2011 4:38:02 PM
Looks like all had a great time, wish I could have made it, hope to be moved down to Maryville before the end of this year, I try to go every other month, but didn't get to this month. Hopefully I'll be there when you guys do another one.
 maples01
Msg: 40 (view)

Women in the kitchen are sexy
Posted: 2/4/2011 2:24:17 AM
I'll fix dinner, she can set the table, maybe warsh the dishes after.
 maples01
Msg: 39 (view)

Women in the kitchen are sexy
Posted: 1/9/2011 3:34:01 PM
Buddy, I enjoy cooking too, I like to create my own too, I was given a pressure cooker which filled me with more ideas for quick meals.

Show ALL Forums