Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Female Superheroes!!
 top tottie
Msg: 4 (view)

Female Superheroes!!
Posted: 2/9/2007 2:25:49 AM
Thank you soo much guys for this!!!! Great!! Looking forward to it!!!
 TOP TOTTIE
Msg: 1 (view)

Female Superheroes!!
Posted: 2/8/2007 8:27:05 AM
I'll be attending a "Superheroes party” my mate’s 30th birthday in late March and am looking for suggestions for general dress design or accessories that would reference a female comic book superhero or character. Since I'm not super familiar with the comic book world...

No Catwoman, wonderwoman, supergirl, batwoman – I wanna stand out..!!!

I'd love one to five suggestions of specific "characters" and references to pictures would be great. I guess characters whose costumes might already look a little bit like formalwear would be pretty good or maybe ones who've appeared in comics attending a formal
event. I'm not sure. Good or evil or "non-aligned?" is just fine.

In case it helps, I'm an in-shape but curvy female with medium black hair. Racy or shocking costume/character ideas are just fine and might be preferred.

Thanks for any help you can give!

top tottie
Msg: 20 (view)

Exercise and Exercise Equipment
Posted: 1/26/2007 6:21:00 AM
me too.. just a slight headache!!
 top tottie
Msg: 9 (view)

Most Miserable Day Of The Year
Posted: 1/22/2007 5:43:11 AM
No i am not miserable..

I am very happy that I'm grinning from ear to ear!!! If i was miserable, think of bloody Jade Goody! I just have a walk round the block and also think i have lots of plans this year, think about what i have achieved so far and that i am going to be 30 this year. I cant wait to be 30. I am going to Isle of Wight for my 30th birthday and hired two converted farmhouses in IOW and 15 girls are coming!! what more do i want???
 top tottie
Msg: 40 (view)

Seeing your ex fatter
Posted: 12/22/2006 4:31:00 AM
thats funny... as guys i had relationships with definitely put on weight afterwards.. i bet they missed my home cooking!!!
 top tottie
Msg: 50 (view)

other girl/ hotel
Posted: 12/22/2006 4:26:51 AM
laurencia..

you have answered your own questions.. trust issues are there for all to see and it is very obvious you dont trust him.

better to sort it now then in five years time..

Wish you a very merry xmas and happy new year.

top tottie
Msg: 31 (view)

Pouring
Posted: 12/5/2006 8:35:45 AM
I dont know what the weather was like last night as I slept throughout,, also cos i am deaf, i cant hear thunderstorm or lightining.. i suppose i'm lucky in the respect LOL!!!
 top tottie
Msg: 34 (view)

remembering loved ones this xmas
Posted: 12/5/2006 8:33:40 AM
God.. I'm blubbering at the moment.. reading all the posts... my aunt died last week on tuesday of lung cancer..and funeral is on thursday and i am so not looking forward to it.

My nana died in 1999 and i still think of her all the time...

My other nan died this year in August so Christmas wont be the same

My brother died in 1997 of drowning he was only 22, that was one of the worst day of my life

May all our loved ones rest in peace and are looking over us.
 top tottie
Msg: 14 (view)

When do we know we are ready to start again?
Posted: 11/30/2006 9:01:40 AM
Chill out woman...
just go with the flow... thats more exciting!! if you analyse under a microscope, you lose the element...

top tottie
Msg: 8 (view)

Versus!!
Posted: 11/10/2006 8:54:14 AM
NO!!!! I thought he was living with pymgies in outta mongolia....
 top tottie
Msg: 5 (view)

Versus!!
Posted: 11/10/2006 6:35:45 AM
QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every time....I will rock you!!!

Dunno Elvis sorry!
 top tottie
Msg: 24 (view)

Creative Escapism
Posted: 11/10/2006 6:31:45 AM
I do it by knitting.. i dream and dream!!!!
 top tottie

So Long POF!!
Posted: 11/3/2006 7:51:27 AM
Microwave2

god you're yummy!!!
 top tottie
Msg: 69 (view)

casual sex opinions
Posted: 11/3/2006 7:23:16 AM
I'm not into it.. i'm a very good catholic girl...
 top tottie
Msg: 31 (view)

Music and the soul........................
Posted: 11/3/2006 2:52:26 AM
Love music,, it lifts me up everytime.. i feel really calm and relaxed everytime i listen to music.. mind you i am not fussy with music as I cant always hear anything!! All my family say i listen to rubbish...But i totally love Bohemain rhapsody, candle in the wind, freak like me... etc... they're not rubbish arent they????
 top tottie
Msg: 30 (view)

Music and the soul........................
Posted: 11/3/2006 2:51:17 AM
Love music,, it lifts me up everytime.. i feel really calm and relaxed everytime i listen to music.. mind you i am not fussy with music as I cant always hear anything!! All my family say i listen to rubbish...But i totally love Bohemain rhapsody, candle in the wind, freak like me... etc... they're not rubbish arent they????
 top tottie
Msg: 29 (view)

would you spend it
Posted: 11/3/2006 2:00:26 AM
SPEEEENNND IT!!!

If i have 20K in my account, i would have spend it by now.. on a new car and a new kitchen and bathroom

dont you think its disgusting that i have no morals!!
 top tottie
Msg: 16 (view)

Whats for dinner
Posted: 11/3/2006 1:53:15 AM
baby potatoes, cuc, tom, avacodos, mackerel. pickle onions.. yeah it sounds strange!!
 top tottie
Msg: 33 (view)

Would You Kill A Puppy For £500,000
Posted: 11/3/2006 1:49:49 AM
No way.. love dogs!!

You bad bad fishes!!
 top tottie
Msg: 40 (view)

I used to think that.......
Posted: 11/3/2006 1:42:51 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

I used to think cat is a girl, and dog is a boy!!

I used to think when it is raining, that means God is crying or God is taking a wee!!

I used to think fairies and unicorns are real (i still have some kind of hope that they are somewhere!!!)

I used to think that people who are oriental and have oriental eyes is because they stared at the sun too much!! (how daft is that)

I used to think black people were dark because they are always outside too much.

I used to think if i put my hand down the toilet, i will disappear down the hole!

I used to think that before 1950, everything was actually black and white! Till i watched Gone with the wind....

I used to think that all everybody have 2 holes down there (one for wee wee and one for poo poo) .. Imagine my shock that girls actually have three holes!!

I used to think when the weather goes dark, that means someone actually switched the light(the sun) off...and switch it back on in the morning......

You can see i had a very overactive imagination ( and still do!!!)
 top tottie
Msg: 123 (view)

Your Worst Kissing Experience
Posted: 10/31/2006 8:18:06 AM
I had a lot of bad kissing experiences!!

1. Spitting in your mouth - what is that all about???
2. Hoover moment
3. Biting your lips..i dont mind nibbling like a bleeding ferret but not biting!!! Pi5sed off about that.
4. Not moving the tongues - thats not bloody snogging!!
5. My mouth being covered by their mouth. I'm a girl not a bloody dog!
6. Sucking your tongues hard.... I'm not so keen on that..
7. Thin lips and big teeth.. big turn off.. i dont even go there..

i am still suffering from post stress traumatic disorder!!LMAO!!
 top tottie
Msg: 6 (view)

Image problems... Help!
Posted: 10/31/2006 7:27:14 AM
What the hell are you talking about?????? Too Technical for me.. you're definitely from outta space!!!
 top tottie
Msg: 19 (view)

Milk or plain Chocolate
Posted: 10/31/2006 7:20:37 AM
Gotta be milk!!! its more fattening!!!
 top tottie
Msg: 60 (view)

Breast Cancer
Posted: 10/26/2006 5:29:20 AM
I have got everything in pink, i even have a pink kitchen, so i will definitely wear my pink underwear, socks, and jacket!!

Girls always rock!
 top tottie
Msg: 18 (view)

Dressing up?
Posted: 10/26/2006 5:17:35 AM
I never had someone to dress up for me..Boo hoo!!! I'll keep that in mind, thank you!
 top tottie
Msg: 165 (view)

What are you craving right now?
Posted: 10/26/2006 5:16:19 AM
toasted ham and cheese with salt and vinegar..

And green tea!!
 top tottie
Msg: 83 (view)

Is Being Gay Genetically Determind Or A So-Called Lifestyle Choice
Posted: 10/26/2006 5:15:03 AM
A very very good thread...

I think its both... as you either are born gay or you probably had some difficult experinces with the opposite sex and feel it would be better to date someone of the same sex......Although on the other hand, i have heard stories that people dont actually go out with the person because of the same sex but because of who they are and how the person makes them feel...

I think i probably need to go out more..
 top tottie
Msg: 21 (view)

One-night stands and first date sex
Posted: 10/26/2006 4:58:44 AM
same as first date sex and one night stands:::... Hmm.. my definition is...Meeting him/her on the day and have sex the same night!!

top tottie
Msg: 7 (view)

Fire Station Fire With No Smoke Alarm!
Posted: 10/26/2006 4:56:32 AM
Ironic innit???!!!
 top tottie
Msg: 10 (view)

women grumpier than men
Posted: 10/26/2006 4:54:40 AM
I used to be grumpy as I was living with a lodger and he always pis5ed me off first thing in the morning. Just looking at him annoyed me!! I kicked him out in summer and now i am very cheerful in the morning!!
 top tottie
Msg: 21 (view)

Christmas decorations
Posted: 10/26/2006 4:51:57 AM
I put it up on 1st December as I absolutely love Christmas and take it down on 2nd January when i get the new years blues or when i am not nursing a lethal hangover!!! Christmas only happens once a year, might as well make the most of it!!
 top tottie
Msg: 2 (view)

shortlived
Posted: 10/24/2006 9:03:56 AM
Why?? What happened????
 top tottie
Msg: 41 (view)

obsessive behaviour
Posted: 10/24/2006 8:27:20 AM
I have to check my front door is firmly shut before i leave the house .. i even drove to work and still went back home as i felt i needed to make sure it is shut..even though i know it is firmly shut..i cant help it...its just this obsession i have..how sad is that!!!
 top tottie
Msg: 19 (view)

Lurpak vs Flora/St Ivel Gold etc
Posted: 10/24/2006 8:15:36 AM
yep!!!

I hate i cant believe its not butter.. that is because it is not!!! Eh???

Lurpak for me everytime..Not Lurpak light.. that fat version... hmm..I'm dribbling now... excuse me whilst i pop the toast in the toaster!! with peanut butter...
 top tottie
Msg: 14 (view)

Family
Posted: 10/24/2006 8:10:32 AM
Oh lord...

Totally agree with you fiestyfairy22

got five brothers, one sister, all married with children (am an aunt of 13 neices and nephews) abeit my older brother who has separated from his wife, got a girlfriend now but I still see girlfriend and wife...Mum/Dad still together - they bicker everyday after 43 years of marriage but love each other to bits.. I'm adopted so got a family living in Nigeria(they're mental!! - cultural differences you see).. All live five mins walk - yes WALK not DRIVE...my aunts/uncles/cousins lives in upminster and other family members scattered all over Kent and Surrey.

We're fairly close and i definitely consider myself extremely lucky to be with a very large, mad family...(imagine christmas time???)...

I definitely would consider six of my close friends family:
 top tottie
Msg: 24 (view)

worst films
Posted: 10/24/2006 7:44:25 AM
Alexander with Angelina Jolie and Colin Farrell was absolutely cack!!! What was that all about?????? I think it was more boring than Song of Norway!!!!
 top tottie

Question about tanning
Posted: 3/7/2006 5:12:12 AM
Obviously i'm dark skinned and if i do go abroad to hot climate then naturally i go darker i'm not that bothered.. just one of those things but i always try to avoid the sun not for vanity but because i dont want to get skin cancer!!

I use factor 40-60 whenever I'm out in the sun and use factor 15 on my face and neck everyday (yes even in british weather) - i take great care of my skin and i have no intention of getting wrinkles before i'm at least forty - my normal day cream and my make up foundation contains sunscreen and have spf 15!! I think its a very small price to pay. Prevention is the cure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 top tottie

Swimming!!!
Posted: 3/7/2006 4:55:29 AM
Thanks...for the advice... as for black people are not designed to swim..I dont know about that but i do know that lots of black people dont swim..dunno why.. perhaps they're lazy hahahaha!

I used to swim competitively at school (from primary to secondary) so i like to think i am a pretty good swimmer!!!

I dont eat much carbs anyway!!!

IanMarc – thanks for the compliment lol!!

Funnily enough butterfly strokes used to be my best strokes but I just haven’t had the courage to use them now as the width is not exactly big and I’m scared of hitting people! Lol!!!

Yesterday I’ve started using the kickboard as my arms are already nicely toned from swimming (YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!) (I naturally get toned very quickly on my arms!! Wish it could be the same for my legs hahahaha!!!)so hopefully I will be able to see a bit of difference on my legs! Thanks for suggesting it!

I’ve tried running but my ankles get too painful and anyway I thought it ruins your knees or something in later life?? So I would rather use a cross trainer, rowing or any other cardio equipment for about 45 mins and swim later!!

I’ve upped my strokes to 100 now!! And now I’m like I’m loving it so much.. The first 20 strokes - I’m knackered, I’m out of breath but after that I could swim forever………..

I actually get more tired and exhausted from swimming then I ever did when I was running..so..I go to bed earlier, I sleep a lot better. I think everyone’s different!

Anyway thank you very much for your advice and any more suggestions, please do mail me thanks

Byyyeeee xxxx
 top tottie
Msg: 2 (view)

Swimming!!!
Posted: 3/3/2006 2:39:06 AM
oh thanks guys!! I will try and do some exercises down the gym such as x-trainer or something!!

Wish me luck!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 top tottie
Msg: 27 (view)

when a member of same sex compliments you on your looks..your opinion?
Posted: 3/2/2006 4:55:37 AM
I would be extremely flattered...oh thank you!!! *blushing*
 top tottie
Msg: 1 (view)

Swimming!!!
Posted: 3/2/2006 2:08:26 AM
Hiya fishes

I've started swimming now for the last three weeks.. I actually prefer swimming than running or using the cardio equipment at the gym. However my pool is 20 metres long and I swim 80 lengths at least four times a week after work. I do it in 45 mins. I use freestyle, back stroke and breast stroke. Is that good or should i do more strokes or????

I would like have a swimmer's body by the summer!!! As I'm going to be a bridemaid twice, and attend four weddings (fcukie hell man!) this year so i wanna look my best.

Any tips or recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Top Tottie xxx
 top tottie
Msg: 22 (view)

<----> Age gap...
Posted: 3/2/2006 1:37:23 AM
Um.... I have never dated anyone my own age or younger but its not through choice.. just hasnt happen yet.. I dated someone ten years older and he was a complete ***hole!! So i believe it depends on the individuals.. mind you i wouldnt date someone who's in his fifties or sixties though!! going out someone same aged as my dad.. thanks but no thanks! Apart from Pierce Brosnan hahaha!!!
 top tottie
Msg: 73 (view)

morning sex...
Posted: 3/1/2006 6:04:05 AM
As if i would say no!! Yum yum!!!
 top tottie
Msg: 61 (view)

Have you ever been asked out by a stranger?
Posted: 2/22/2006 8:31:20 AM
Twice!! Was very flattered.

Once in bar - i was almost drunk as a skunk with my mate, in my work clothes with no make up - having a whale of time when a stranger came up and asked me for my name and my phone number.. I went yay and then thought oh shit..what have i done... etc....blah blah blah blah... I definitely wore beer goggles cos i couldnt remembered what he looked like apart that he was extremely tall, ears piercings, tattoos and shaven head. So when i met him for a lunch date.. my jaw dropped to the floor..he was drop dead gorgeous and absolutely yummy!! He was sober when he asked me!!!We went out for a few weeks and i had the best time of my life. I still miss him boo hoo!!

Second time.. a newsagent asked me out.. but i completely misunderstood - now i am wondering whether i should ask him out???? What do you think guys?

hee
 top tottie
Msg: 13 (view)

women and thier male friends
Posted: 1/13/2006 12:14:44 PM
of course.. i have quite a few male friends and wouldnt even think about fancying them!!!
 top tottie
Msg: 7 (view)

Define sexy
Posted: 1/13/2006 7:49:57 AM
could be the way he smells, how he touch you.. that look.. swwoooonnn.....
 top tottie
Msg: 25 (view)

My Weight and My Boyfriend
Posted: 12/19/2005 9:07:32 AM
You are so worth more than that.. it doesnt what you look like.. if you're thin he will be probably ask you to have a boob job.. you sound like nice person and i think you know it yourself that he is not worth it. the only thing that is stopping you that is he is your first love.I understand that weight can be an issue in relationship but he should support you 100% instead of putting you down and reprimindaing you, who does he think he is, your teacher??? My ex boyfriend was the same.. he hated me wearing make up.. i stopped for him then he was on and on about my figure that i was never good enough for him, that no one would look at me and that i was lucky to have him and all that psycho bollocks.. and it wore me down that i told him to sod off.. on new year eve 2000.. best thing i ever done!!

Tell us what you have decided to do now or not.. just follow your instincts..

take care

T
 top tottie
Msg: 9 (view)

ever met someone , and you cant wait for the kiss?
Posted: 10/12/2005 7:45:41 AM
yes..most of the time.. i think thats normal, innit??
 Top Tottie
Msg: 123 (view)

Why are you single?
Posted: 10/3/2005 3:32:13 AM
Havent met the right one!!
 Top Tottie

face licking
Posted: 10/3/2005 3:30:18 AM
Disgusting!! A guy once licked my face and i was so traumatised!! and his tongue smelts!! Yuck!!! I didnt get over it for six months!!

Show ALL Forums