Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Theresa May's Leather Trousers
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 5 (view)

Theresa May's Leather Trousers
Posted: 12/9/2016 8:54:15 AM
Elderly is relative ... Maybe I should've used 'mature'
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 1 (view)

Theresa May's Leather Trousers
Posted: 12/8/2016 2:31:03 PM
Besides the fact they cost almost a grand.... Is it good that an elderly lady can wear leather trews?
Is it sexy, is it scary?
Is it OK if you're not a biker?

I'm liking them better than those stupid big bollocky necklaces she has a penchant for.

I need fashion tips, should I follow her lead or stick to the trusty jeans/jumper combo?
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 25 (view)

Old Forumites
Posted: 12/8/2016 2:10:23 PM
Getting-older-by-the-minute forumite ... Blame Facebook
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 54 (view)

Is there anyone genuine in the UK?
Posted: 5/19/2015 7:42:25 PM
I agree with GastroMonstrosis, it is what it is
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 10 (view)

Not even any views... hitting the profile review panic button
Posted: 4/22/2015 10:05:07 AM
Blues parks that made me laugh! Ta
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 19 (view)

WARNING - PLEASE READ - SAFETY
Posted: 4/14/2015 6:53:24 PM
So... 'she' didn't actually explain how the phone company could tell her it was a man did s/he?

I'm skeptical

Warning - beware of fifty - it can lead to rash purchases of
garish yellow sports cars and other penile substitutes.......

Safer and probably less expensive than dating ;-)
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 8 (view)

Younger Men Vs Older Men
Posted: 4/5/2015 1:47:40 AM
When I was younger I liked the more mature man ... when I was 16 I was dating 24/25, when I was late thirties I fell in love with a man I thought was about 4 years older than me (turned out he was 14 years older but had worn well). Now I'm knocking on a bit and I still have this bit in my brain that wants a man older than me, but I've dated 5 or so years younger. Now all I want is a man that isn't boring so, in all honesty, I'm going to have to open up to younger men as men of my age, by and large, are stuck in their ways, tedious and have no sense of fun... Actually it makes sense as women live longer on average. So long as he's not young enough to be my son :-)
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 2 (view)

Higlands Hiking Madness
Posted: 4/5/2015 1:32:49 AM
Wow! Beautiful photographs - hope you find your extra people ... have you tried Retired Backpackers?
 GrouchoMinx

Not even any views... hitting the profile review panic button
Posted: 3/31/2015 3:41:15 PM
There's a specific profile assessment spot somewhere, but maybe a wee bit US-centric.

I've seen a lot worse profiles. Maybe it's just that men are more pro-active when it comes to looking?

You could crop your photos so your face was more centred when it appears on screen - get rid of ceiling/sky.

For what it's worth I don't like the 'bird' reference ... and don't understand the First date - over the rope and you're out?
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 19 (view)

Getting marries for citizenship
Posted: 3/28/2015 8:48:10 AM
Two different questions!

Course if you did die whilst in this sort of 'marriage' you wouldn't care ... Maybe your next of kin or friends might.
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 17 (view)

Getting marries for citizenship
Posted: 3/28/2015 6:42:46 AM
EU citizens can reside/work in Sweden, no permit needed ...

... Bad idea to get married, even for money!

What if you died before you got divorced? How much would it cost to divorce and who would pay?
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 33 (view)

humour by-pass
Posted: 3/22/2015 6:29:47 PM

Often, sometimes it feels like some people are so guarded that they want to find something, anything that they can find fault with or take offence at, make me wonder why they're dating at all. :)

Because they don't want to make a mistake? because they want a fcuk but don't want to be shafted? because they've been hurt but are still hopeful, but wary? Are they dating at all? Who knows? Why anything?

;-)
 GrouchoMinx

Frustrated by the age limit
Posted: 3/22/2015 6:17:46 PM
I'm more frustrated by the distance limit ...ducks to avoid hammer of god :(

I can get to France/Ireland faster than Birmingham on a good day!

The age limit isn't stopping young men contacting me as they LIE! lol
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 54 (view)

Bisexual men
Posted: 3/22/2015 6:11:38 PM
I agree with Gatto - the answer is Yes ... so long as he stayed monogamous within our relationship - der
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 4 (view)

Ther Russian threat - real or not?
Posted: 3/22/2015 6:08:06 PM
I'm more scared of our own 'government' and the USA - IS/Russia is just a smoke-screen.
 GrouchoMinx

Forum contributions - what do they suggest to you about the writer?
Posted: 3/22/2015 5:57:04 PM

I decide whether I would or would not get on with the person posting.

Um ... I'm not treating the forums as an extension of the dating site, it's not about whether I think I would get on with a fellow forumite it's about the debate/conversation/discussion.

So long as the posting is well thought out, logical, and/or funny that's fine, I don't expect all to agree with me or vice versa, I do like debate and intelligent conversation ... it doesn't matter if someone holds the polar opposite opinion so long as we can talk about the subject without getting upset.

I have played 'Devil's Advocate' and argued a point I don't believe in 100%. I suppose my postings and other people's will give a better idea of their personality than their profile (not that that is saying much)
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 36 (view)

Katie Hopkins. Very modern or blinkered woman?
Posted: 3/22/2015 5:40:22 PM
A very sad and damaged individual that deserves our sympathy (but much more so her children). A non-entity who craves attention and cares not how she achieves it. Like all attention-seekers should be ignored ... next subject?
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 21 (view)

The ISIS thing - opinions?
Posted: 3/2/2015 8:53:38 PM
Actually no one cares what we think... same wherever.

IS have beheaded fewer people than Saudi Arabia, killed fewer children than Blair/Bush.

Plus ca change, plus le meme chose innit?
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 73 (view)

old films
Posted: 3/2/2015 8:20:24 PM
Casablanca - of course ... of all the towns ... you played it for her, now play it for me ... round up the usual suspects ... hill of beans, blah de blah de blah! Dammit - I know it off by heart, but it can still woo me :-(

Anything with Mae West (it's not the men in my life ... ) or the Marx Brothers, actually Harry Langdon and Chaplin teehee.

The Third Man, the 39 Steps, The Lady Vanishes - Passport to Pimlico, Arsenic and Old Lace, Brighton Rock...

Hitchcock films, Sergio Leonie spaghetti westerns, anything with young Marlon Brando in - especially Streetcar named Desire :-/

Did I mention Casablanca - or The African Queen?
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 14 (view)

Weird message received - what do you make of it?
Posted: 3/2/2015 7:57:34 PM
Actually he sounds much more fun than the usual and might last longer - go for it girl!
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 6 (view)

How many ladies would be put off by my name?
Posted: 3/2/2015 6:58:06 PM
I'd guess at around 435?
 GrouchoMinx

Please Help
Posted: 3/2/2015 6:52:34 PM
No I can't help you as I'm allergic to questionnaires
 GrouchoMinx

Not Much Interest??
Posted: 2/10/2015 3:41:11 PM
I thought your profile was fun and gave an idea of your personality.

Maybe you should rethink your choice of 1st profile pic? Don't remove the sunburn one as it made me laugh, just it is a 'bare torso' shot with 'GANGSTA' in the background ... I thought, initially 'Eejit!' - I prefer the one of you in headphones with freckles or any other close face shot, hopefully without sunglasses and eyes open.

It's a first impression thing. I took the time to read your profile, but others may not.

Your profession being 'Security' and your acting Police pictures would put me off as I thought, before I read further, that you were either one of those pretending to be ex-SAS or a bouncer, neither of which appeal to me, but I'm lead to believe is popular with others. Maybe change that?

By the way, if you get a 'Meet Me' message you can use the search facility on the user's name, read her profile, and decide if you'd like to contact her.
 GrouchoMinx

That first message
Posted: 2/10/2015 3:12:22 PM
I like stuff that indicates someone has actually read my profile and might be interested in me as a person, a bit of humour.

I'm sure that there will be replies from forumites telling you that they NEVER have any luck, so you must be doing something right :-)

Your career choice would indicate to me that you are a caring person and, possibly, good future father material. ... if a woman would rather you were a green beret/lorry driver/brickie/professional footballer doesn't that say more about her than you? Best avoided in my opinion.

Actually I'd like to see more men involved in youngsters education - too many kids growing up without positive male role models nowadays and male staff in nursery/infant/junior schools might help. Then I was your age at a radical time, went into a male-dominated industry, I thought we'd done the trail-blazing so am sad that young people still think of 'manly' and 'womanly' jobs.
 GrouchoMinx

The Undateables
Posted: 2/8/2015 7:09:44 PM
Dammit my 5 minutes of fame went unrecognised! Lol

Smashing show, IMO - didn't know about it until a friend told me about it. Sure the TV guys edit/choose, but heartwarming stuff.

BTW am looking for tall young woman (20s/30s) for my high-achieving aspergers son - has job (civil service) interested in music, arts, maths :-D

Not sure if I believe in the lovely young ladies that didn't care what the guy looked like though ... Probably says more about me than them!
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 9 (view)

Is she really interested?
Posted: 2/8/2015 6:42:27 PM
She's interested enough ... It takes a while sometimes.

Find a way to meet somewhere without pressure (local supermarket or cafe?)

It's a big step from message/text/phone to meet in real life and is scarey as you've built a picture which might not be realistic ... Tell her you understand and feel likewise - you may lose a texter but gain a friend or lover, would that be worth it? x
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 11 (view)

The ISIS thing - opinions?
Posted: 2/8/2015 3:29:04 PM
An extension of the cold war/interference in off-territory manoeuvres.

I could buy into the conspiracy theories - the real threat isn't being blown up in UK, as it was back in the day when Provo IRA was active, the threat is against freedom of speech/activity among citizens IMO.

Interesting that Blair was given an award by Save the Children lol - Herod killed less kids!

History will tell
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 17 (view)

Boring profiles!
Posted: 2/8/2015 3:09:05 PM
Going to change my profile to " fortunate" :-D
 GrouchoMinx

Why Don't They?
Posted: 2/8/2015 3:04:10 PM
Awww (hug)

Hmm, didn't someone say "if you haven't met it ain't real?"

:-( we all have sob stories. Keep on trucking x

Kissalotta and keep on fishing x
 GrouchoMinx

Are guys put off if you dont drive?
Posted: 1/14/2015 6:05:01 AM

I always ask myself are women not put off by men who don't drive ?

Not neccessarily - a lot of Londoners don't drive, understandably, they have good transport links and owning/driving within London is problematic.

Generally I'd expect a date to put in as much effort as I do and meet half-way, so driving is a good bonus.

I don't know why the OP is limiting herself just to Maldon guys because of her not wanting to drive - there are busses and trains! Takes about half hour to Chelmsford and thence to London... just have to check timetables to make sure you can get back :-)
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 13 (view)

Witchhunts ... where will they end ?
Posted: 1/14/2015 5:45:35 AM
Link: http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/rape_and_sexual_offences/consent/

For those who can't be bothered to read links:

''Sexual Offences Act 1956
Lack of consent may be demonstrated by:
The complainant's assertion of force or threats;
Evidence that by reason of drink, drugs, sleep, age or mental disability the complainant was unaware of what was occurring and/ or incapable of giving valid consent; or
Evidence that the complainant was deceived as to the identity of the person with whom (s)he had intercourse.
A boy or girl under the age of 16 cannot consent in law, (Archbold 2004, 20-152).

Sexual Offences Act 2003
The Act sets out the offences requiring the prosecution to prove absence of consent at sections 1-4. They are:
- rape;
- assault by penetration;
- sexual assault; and
- causing a person to engage in sexual activity.
In relation to these offences a person (A) is guilty of an offence if she/he:
acts intentionally,
(B) does not consent to the act, and
(A) does not reasonably believe that (B) consents.''

So, from my understanding of the Ched Evans case, it seems pretty straightforward rape, the trial was held, the jury convicted him, he served but half his sentence and is now out on licence - he has not served his complete time and has not repented/apologised or tried to make reparation. I can't see any grounds of appeal... I surmise that the jury found that, at the time his friend had sexual intercourse, there was some doubt as to whether the woman had capacity to consent, but not in Ched Evans case.

It seems that some men may think that a comatose woman is fair game - she can't say 'No' so it's OK to treat that person as a piece of meat, well they are wrong. It's wrong to defend that behaviour/attitude and send signals that this behaviour is OK to young impressionable people who may idolise someone just because they have a certain skill kicking an inflated sphere around a football pitch.

[q]I initially thought he had had sex with her against her will but it was because she was deemed unable to give consent. There but for the grace for many people.[/q]

Well that is against her will isn't it?

''The question of capacity to consent is particularly relevant when a complainant is intoxicated by alcohol or affected by drugs.

In R v Bree [2007] EWCA 256, the Court of Appeal explored the issue of capacity and consent, stating that, if, through drink, or for any other reason, a complainant had temporarily lost her capacity to choose whether to have sexual intercourse, she was not consenting, and subject to the defendant's state of mind, if intercourse took place, that would be rape. However, where a complainant had voluntarily consumed substantial quantities of alcohol, but nevertheless remained capable of choosing whether to have intercourse, and agreed to do so, that would not be rape. Further, they identified that capacity to consent may evaporate well before a complainant becomes unconscious. Whether this is so or not, however, depends on the facts of the case.''

Neither Polanski or Assange have been tried and are very different cases (Polanski's alleged crime of sexual intercourse with a minor being the most serious, potentially carrying with it a conviction of imprisonment of many more times that of Ched Evans, hence his game of cat and mouse). Rightfully very serious as a minor has not got the capacity to consent - hence the term 'Jail Bait'; Assange's case appears to revolve around 'Conditional Consent' (i.e. the woman agreed to sexual intercourse on condition that a condom was used) - it may or may not have any foundation, I don't know Swedish Law, but think in UK would be a less serious crime and, probably, would carry a less serious sentence on conviction.

I'd like to think that most men would not be interested in continuing sexual relations with someone who has passed out/drugged-up/with severe mental deficiency/under 16, (actually isn't participating of their own free will) etc... Am I being naiive as it seems to happen all the time? Not to mention rape under duress/threats/violence, most of which go unreported and most of those few that are reported go unconvicted.

It's a shame that Ched Evans didn't have some education in prison regarding the civilised way to treat other human beings, perhaps he would have come out a better person - he could have become more humble, admitted he behaved badly, maybe done some charity football work for those less fortunate and been accepted back as having made a mistake and given a second chance. While he and his supporters carry on in the direction they are going I for one am grateful that he has become too hot to handle.
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 72 (view)

UKIP
Posted: 1/9/2015 4:14:53 AM
Scooby? Lol

Google the Venus Project, read the Communist Manifesto/Ragged-Trousered Philanthropists, listen to Russell Brand The Trews on YouTube, put 'ruling global elite' in your search engine, study history - recent and preindustrial revolution. ... There's a dirty great elephant in the room. You're an intelligent person and should be able to see that the emperor has no clothes.

UKIP and the well-used divide and conquer ploy (eg South African apartheid, Nazi and before Jew-blaming, Paki/Gay bashing in the 70s, the 'Battle of the Sexes', 'No Blacks/No Irish' notices on doors, I could go on ad nauseum) the woes of ordinary people won't be solved by voting for Nigel Farage to be in charge of an unrepresentative parliament in a tiny island. The problems of the majority are a symptom of a flawed system and can only really be cured by addressing the cause. Everything else is akin to sticking a plaster over a gaping wound.

Unemployment, homelessness, health, education, food and clean water (actually lots of luxuries too) could be easily available to all and not only in this country - national boundaries being relatively recent political constructs - but also globally.

Who does the current system benefit? Not sure of the precise figures, but is less than 10% of the world population, why do the majority tolerate this inequality? Probably lots of reasons, but if it continues it's likely to lead to the eradication of the human race, which may not be a bad thing for the planet!

Peace and love :-)
 GrouchoMinx

Paris shooting
Posted: 1/9/2015 2:44:24 AM
I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to death your right to say it - Voltaire

Most religions forbid the taking of human life - though mealy-mouthed self-seeking hypocrites can find justification for their immoral actions in the scriptures (do I need to name the warmongering, peace-envoying, Save The Children award-winning low-life? - plenty more examples of Christian, Jewish and Islamic 'faith' and none, unfortunately).

Karma will get them in the end. Unfortunately not soon enough...
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 13 (view)

Odd thing with Meet Me
Posted: 1/8/2015 5:20:11 PM
My ’meet mes' are much older and various ages, of course no one exits till you meet them :-D
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 1 (view)

Xmas presents
Posted: 1/6/2015 7:39:17 AM
Do they say anything about you or the giver?

I got a Voodoo doll and a box set of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes :-/ - no perfume/socks or frillies 'wah!'

Any strange or excellent presents, if not what would you have liked to be given and why?
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 73 (view)

IGNORED 100% OF THE TIME
Posted: 1/5/2015 3:03:06 PM
Nice to see passion - Happy New Year to all x
 GrouchoMinx

From dating intent to finding friends
Posted: 1/4/2015 6:33:57 AM
You could change it to 'Hang Out' - wtf does that mean?

Friends is good, isn't that what partners should be?

I got told off by fellow PoFers about the 'intent' and changed it, maybe I should change it back :-D teehee
 GrouchoMinx

is it because im a ghostbuster?
Posted: 1/4/2015 5:57:48 AM
Lots of good advice here, especially regarding thinking of your audience ... If you came across a female profile of a similar sort what would you think? It seems you're very busy and you'd expect your partner to be fitted in, not very romantic.

It seems you're a big kid (which most men are but some are better at hiding it!) :-D

Change personality from Gamer - am sure there's much more you could pick, eg 'Charity worker' or whatever. Think about the No answer to having children, be honest, of course, but there is an Undecided option. If the right woman came along might you not change No to Yes in a few years? I'm picking this out as, maybe, putting a lot of women off in your age bracket, some already have kids and others want them and the 'No' is definite.
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 44 (view)

Pet Profile Picture Hates
Posted: 1/4/2015 5:24:23 AM
If I had David Bailey I wouldn't be here :-D

Seems a tad ocd, no guarantee that the pics wouldn't be old and/or not lifted from elsewhere.

Also, it seems to me, that such T&Cs might indicate a controlling disposition and an obsessive reliance on the physical appearance on which to build a relationship so would be best avoided.

Beauty fades - dumb is forever! (Judge Judy)
 GrouchoMinx

Refugees / Immigrants
Posted: 1/4/2015 5:00:59 AM
Well typed Billybonds.

Firstly we have a moral duty to aid those fleeing persecution/war etc - as we would seek help if we should be in a similar situation. We largely failed to offer enough help in the past to enough people (eg Jews trying to flee Nazi Germany), which is shameful. The logistics of which country takes in which percentage of people is, surely, not beyond human wit, maybe just beyond political will?

Secondly a solution to the cause of the crisis should be sought and implemented. It seems fairly clear that disruption in the middle east is caused by historical and continuing western imperial interference in the region and US, UK and other European governments should admit responsibility and accept blame, together with those who have and are profiting from the situation (eg oil companies/munitions manufacturers, etc), these should be the ones who have the responsibility to stabilise the region and pay the costs of their actions.

That this is unlikely to happen goes without saying :-(
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 55 (view)

how are you finding this site of late ?
Posted: 1/3/2015 12:00:47 PM
Aww thanks Harryfeb, I wasn't fishing for a compliment, but will accept it graciously teehee x
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 31 (view)

Is there anyone genuine in the UK?
Posted: 1/3/2015 11:56:26 AM
Who is Jennifer Connolley?

Sorry, I'm too busy saving the planet :-D
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 39 (view)

Pet Profile Picture Hates
Posted: 1/3/2015 11:12:32 AM
What do you MEAN? Mode or median ... Lies, damned lies and statistics!

All profiles are subjective aren't they?
 GrouchoMinx

Happy Holidays Pof Community
Posted: 12/17/2014 9:34:54 AM
Eeek! Sounds painful :-D

Happy Hols to you too
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 24 (view)

Do people actually read profile content?
Posted: 12/17/2014 9:25:05 AM
I always read profiles - quite a few are very boring though :-(

If one makes me laugh or is outstanding I try to send a message saying so, perhaps we should have an annual award for the best profiles?

I've just read 5 profiles on this thread and 4 of them were from non-Irish (oops mine makes 1 more! My excuse is I'm quite close to Stansted, have a few friends over there and pop over fairly frequently)

What's going on with that? - was I unlucky or is that the proportion of foreigners to Irish on the site? Just curious :-)
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 72 (view)

If you could fcuk anyone from history who would it be?
Posted: 12/17/2014 8:01:27 AM
John Lennon (he's coming out of this well)
Pete Duel (Alias Smith & Jones - I had a thing for cowboys at that time)
Peter Falk (love his method acting and have a soft spot for Columbo, but please don't tell)
Marlon Brando (smouldering sex on legs when young)
John Coltrane and Charlie Parker (not at same time as they'd might ignore me and start jamming together, think either would be good improvisers)
Robert Johnson (I'd go down to the Crossroads)
Valentino (phew!)
Lord Byron (mad, bad and dangerous to know)
William Blake (just mad, but think he'd have good imagination)
Sir Richard Francis Burton (naughty, wicked, sexy man, think he could teach me a thing or two)
Siddhartha (Buddha - hopefully would take me at least close to Nirvana)
Zeus (wouldn't get bored with his changing into different things)
 GrouchoMinx

Do women sh*t test men
Posted: 12/17/2014 7:12:14 AM
Just spent the last hour investigating the 'Manosphere', checking out 'Men Going Their Own Way' (MGTOW) - wish they would and, hopefully, not ask for directions when lost!

It was that or cleaning the kitchen - in retrospect, cleaning the kitchen would have been less boring and more productive.

Here's another link for Billy Bonds to ignore (also handing him eyedrops for his unblinking eyes!) - I don't really recommend anyone clicking it and following the links, I now think I deserve a long soak in a bubble bath as I feel dirty!

http://no-maam.blogspot.co.uk/2001/01/fitness-testing-shit-tests.html

Originating in the USA and, evidently leaking over here, the 'Men's Liberation Movement' - overall a bunch of Matrix-revereing, bitter/twisted misogynistic, pseudo-political, wooly-minded, over-generalising claptrap imo.

I hate the Alpha/Beta male references and categorising women as 6.5/10/-8, whatever and truly detest the game-playing. I suppose that's what we get from allowing the younger generation to sit for hours on their computers instead of getting out in the fresh air and getting muddy knees playing marbles or climbing trees.

I'm confused as to whether I need to take a blue pill or a red pill (probably cos I's a female).

now just get me a beer and dont forget to open it!

Straight glass or jug dear? :-D

... stomping off for a lie down in a dark room
 GrouchoMinx
Msg: 32 (view)

Should the man message first??
Posted: 12/17/2014 3:14:19 AM
The Rules? What Rules? I didn't know there were rules, just as well as I'd be tempted to break them! (Bolshy like that).

So, if the question is 'does a man think less of you or becomes complacent if you message first?', then that's one for the men to answer. I'll ask the three I contacted first and see if I get an honest answer... Not sure they'll be representative though as it's mainly been about shared interest/having a giggle rather than serious dating.

Men here say women ignore their messages and men generally say they like it when a woman takes initiative for a change, should we disbelieve them?

In real life we send out signals to those we find attractive don't we? if a guy's particularly dim they might have to be very strong signals, up to actually putting yourself on the line and making it quite clear verbally! (I've only done this once in real life and it resulted in a happy marriage, but it was terrifying so I do appreciate how difficult sensitive/shy men find it). I might be naive but I really don't think men and women are fundamentally that different.

I don't want to be 'pursued' or hunted down like a wild animal! Lol - I want to be wooed, or entertained, or have a laugh, or a decent conversation. The first message is just a try out to see if anything is possible, don't sweat the small stuff.
 GrouchoMinx

Great Musican Qoutes /Thoughts
Posted: 12/16/2014 6:04:42 AM
My favourite quote is: "there's only two types of music - good music and bad music" - normally attributed to either Louis Armstrong or Duke Ellington

"Jazz isn't dead it just smells funny" - Zappa

And "don't play what's there, play what's not there" - Miles Davis
 GrouchoMinx

How many profiles views and meet me's?
Posted: 12/16/2014 3:13:22 AM
Well you've not been here long and you're getting some replies so that's good. A lot of guys say they get ignored 100%, read that thread and maybe consider tweaking your profile?

I find it confusing too - people have added me as a Favourite, but I've never had a conversation with them ... Weird. Don't you get an email saying 'user name would like to meet you'? Um, I think you could look for their profile and message them if you wanted.

Maybe it's a bit unfair, but (a bit like real life) women tend to get hit on more often than girls hit on guys so you may have to develop a thick skin and be prepared to be more proactive.

So I'm lazy and normally don't respond to Meet Mes as, I imagine guys just flicking through pics and clicking 'yes' (122). Profile views 99+ according to the app, pages and pages on main site. My profile says to message me to talk so I presume they haven't bothered to read it :-(

Show ALL Forums