Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: The New Jewish Lobby
 wildflowerz4u
Msg: 36 (view)

The New Jewish Lobby
Posted: 12/5/2012 7:38:56 PM
"If Palestinians put down their weapons, their would be no more war. If Jews put down their weapons, there would be no more Israel." -Netanyahu
 wildflowerz4u
Msg: 71 (view)

Would you date (get in a relationship with) yourself?
Posted: 3/4/2012 3:59:16 PM
OP, good job! this post rocks
I had to think about this... on the one hand, I can hold an intelligent conversation and I'd be with someone who has the same taste in music, books, hobbies, well everything. On the other hand.. I'd be with someone who was, well, identical to me.
And that's just boring. Variety is the spice of life. Opposites attract.
Plus, I know everything about me, there'd be no fun "getting to know you period".

Oh, and I'm not into women...
but if I could find the male version of me, heck yeah! I'd hit him over the head with a club and drag him back to the cave. And because he's basically me, he'd LOVE that
 wildflowerz4u
Msg: 23 (view)

what can make a spark go away?
Posted: 3/4/2012 3:49:48 PM
Yeah girl! you tell 'em!
 wildflowerz4u
Msg: 22 (view)

what can make a spark go away?
Posted: 3/4/2012 3:48:45 PM
1. Wears that goofy-looking blue tooth during the date - you know the thing that makes you look like a Schizo talking to yourself?
2. Bad teeth... or no teeth... or FANGS!
3. Someone who talks crap about everyone else around us (What was she thinking wearing THAT?)... damn, what are you gonna say about me after we part?
4. Talk about marriage/the Future on the first date... uh, or third. Like I know we just met, but I can TOTALLY see myself with you Forever...
5. Having more than one baby's mama... and still living with her! UGH
6. Still living with your own mama... I don't CARE that you have your own room!

wildflowerz4u
Msg: 9 (view)

Time
Posted: 7/22/2009 7:15:59 AM
I read a book a few years ago called "Einstein's Dreams". It was a collection of short essay, each exploring a different concept of time. In one story, it's theorized that as a person moves closer to the center of the universe, time slows until a hug takes a hundred years (or something like that).
It was a really interesting read, you should check it out.

As to your question about the day going slower or faster, I don't think that has anything to do with time dialation or relativity. I believe it falls solidly in the field of psychology. I.E. the day seems to be going quicker than others because you believe it is. It's based on your perspective (theory of subjectivity ) and has no effect on the physical world around you.

If others share your belief, well then that's called a mass delusion (see? psychology )
 wildflowerz4u
Msg: 41 (view)

What ALL Men Want...
Posted: 7/22/2009 6:46:17 AM

Basically, a slim hot sexy looking lady that has class, and is smart, and will treat them like men and not like another I guesse!!

ALL men want a slim woman?
You should start sending mass emails to all the non-skinny chicks on here and tell them to delete their profiles because they're wasting their time!
 wildflowerz4u
Msg: 73 (view)

Going out by yourself.
Posted: 9/17/2008 8:41:57 AM
I went out to a bar with a friend not long after I became single. I was talking about how I didn't know if I wanted to start going places alone and this random guy interjected,

"hey, don't knock going out alone, that's when you meet the most interesting people".

Just one peice of good advice out of many that I've gotten since I've been single!
 wildflowerz4u
Msg: 2 (view)

Do we need a new way to elect leaders?
Posted: 3/27/2008 9:17:35 AM
What a terrible idea! (No offense)
Using China, a totalitarian regime that could care less about civil rights and works diligently to stamp out individualism, as an example of a way to fix democracy... I'm cringing right now at the thought! Advocating increased government control over areas that are traditionally the realm of the citizenship (like voting), would be a recipe for disaster. In a utopian world, the government would be a perfectly neutral body that had the welfare of the country and people at it's core.. but communism was perfect on paper as well. In reality, "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely".. Your whole theory gives me nightmares of a"Big Brother"-run election (in fact, I think China uses "1984" as one of its founding documents!).
Our electoral process is flawed, as are alot of our so-called democratic processes today, but giving the government a heavier hand isn't going to pave the way to a more perfect democracy; it's opening the door to an eventual totalitarian dictatorship. Like Rolling Along said, Democracies DO get the leaders that they deserve and we need a more informed, proactive citizenship.
The power has always been with the proletariat/people

Show ALL Forums