Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Mitt Romney
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 153 (view)

Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/19/2012 7:53:32 PM

Romney will not become president very much for the same reasons that Pete Rose won't make it into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

If you are right it will be because of two idiots. One named Bud who doesn't deserve to be baseball's commissioner because he is ruining the game, and one named Barry who is ruining the country.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 104 (view)

most Underated band?
Posted: 7/12/2012 5:59:49 PM

I would say that Tommy and Dorsey Burnette are two rockabilly guys

I would say that Johnny & Dorsey Burnette were two rockabilly guys.

I think you are getting them confused with Tommy Dorsey, the big band jazz leader.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 126 (view)

Mitt Romney
Posted: 7/3/2012 1:08:14 PM
Maybe he "evolved" you know like Obama allegedly has...

Nah, only libs can evolve. Conservatives can never change.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 6 (view)

What is (Attorney General) Eric Holder really not talking about?
Posted: 6/21/2012 8:23:43 AM

This is nothing more than a witch hunt in an election year to smear the man in the White House Mitch McConnell style ... "Top Priority ... Make Obama a One Term President."

It will give the libs something or someone to blame (other than the fact Obama's clueless) when he loses in November!!!
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 39 (view)

Why does everyone seem to not like country music?
Posted: 5/13/2012 11:26:45 PM

You don’t seem to understand the roots of country. And, you obviously aren’t listening to it today. It’s not all like that.

I understand the roots of country very well. My grandparents and great grandparents lived it. Obviously I am listening to it today. When is the last time you saw Taylor Swift hop into a old beat up pickup (other than possibly in one of her videos). I didn't say it was all like that, and I'm sure there are plenty of starving country artists out there "keepin' it real--down on the farm style" who haven't sold out to make music that sounds like varying degrees of the Eagles. But the majority of what gets played doesn't reflect that. Sorry, but when I hear Garth Brooks, a millionaire 50 times over sing songs about his friends in low places, something just rings hollow for me.
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 7 (view)

Prisoner gets 41% against Obama in W.Va. primary
Posted: 5/10/2012 10:54:29 PM

So true as saving a sinking ship, stemming job losses, record profits on wall street and Budget Surplus of $59.1 Billion in April is surely nothign to run on.

He saved a sinking ship? Really, still sinking as far as I can see.......stemming job losses? You mean like people that were making 15-20 dollars an hour are now making minimum wage part time and are being counted as success stories? Record profits on Wall Street...but I thought that was a bad thing. How can he he make that a good thing to the poor & downtrodden who think he is their savior?

We also know he was a socialpath in high school.

Tell you what, you get Obama's college transcripts and make them public and then maybe I'll act all concerned about what Mitt did 47 years ago. All I care about is if he can do a better job than Obama. I have doubts, but at least I am not going to base it on whether or not he bullied someone when he was a high school student. Everybody did dumb shit when they were teenagers, even Obama. By his own admission, he was a druggie. Libs had no problems with that, though.
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 4 (view)

Prisoner gets 41% against Obama in W.Va. primary
Posted: 5/10/2012 12:01:49 PM

The publicity about him being a bully back in high school isn't going to help his cause one bit.

Yeah? I hear in the 4th grade he called his teacher a nincompoop, too.

It's amazing, we don't even really know what Obama did in college, but we know Romney was a bully in high school. God, this election is going to be the biggest mudfest in the history of politics, because Obama has nothing of any merit to run on.
 Ready4SomethingFun

Re-recordings Of Original Songs By the Original Artists
Posted: 4/10/2012 9:30:29 AM
They do it because in a lot of cases, those original recordings copyrights are owned by huge corporations who charge megabucks to license the song(s) out to the smaller labels that are wishing to release them. The songwriters fee & cost of the session to re-record the song are often cheaper than licensing the original. So for these smaller labels it's much cheaper to gather up a few of the original members, the lead singer, or one or two that were at least in the band at one time or another, and have them re-record the song.

Oh, and most of those "Anniversary" re-releases are not re-recordings. They are just remastered (at best) editions with (usually) a bunch of bonus tracks like demos, rough mixes, live versions, non LP B-sides, and songs deemed inappropriate or sub-standard at the time of it's original release designed to get the hardcore fans of those albums to buy them one more time.
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 327 (view)

The War on Women
Posted: 4/9/2012 9:06:24 AM

who next?

Well, let's see, they've gotten all the minorities to think big bad whitey is out to get them.

......all the women to the think that all the big bad white men are out to get 'em.....

.....all the non-religious to think those big bad theocrats are out to get 'em........

Next will be "the War on Children"

I can hear it now. "How dare those evil parents expect you to clean your room AND do all that homework?" The ACLU probably has a faction working on it as I write this. I never worry, the left will never run out of victims to save, even if they have to invent them, because it's what they live for.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 30 (view)

Would you spend money to upgrade a home you don't own?
Posted: 4/5/2012 5:22:55 PM

It's ludicrous, and most apt. complaexes won't let you even paint the walls, much less "upgrade".

Baloney. I've lived in very few apartments where I wasn't allowed to at least paint the walls, but I've usually rented from private owners, not complexs, and even of the two or three of those I've lived in, at least one had no problems with me painting and installing a ceiling fan, they even paid for it.

Why would you spend your life renting, pouring that money down someone elses pocket, for years, and never owning where you live?

Because in these uncertain times one never knows when they may find themselves out of work, or too disabled to work, and then a bank swoops in and takes it all. And when you rent, if something breaks, they fix it. If you are on disability or out of a job when you own and your furnace goes kaput or you need a new roof, you are SOL.

Go find a small, comfortable home and a small plot of land, and make your mark there.

And pray that you don't lose your job or a leg or something.......

I LOATHE apartment living. If I had the funds and a chance, I'd leave this apartment so fast the carpet would smoke. (It probably will anyways. I swear they use the cheapest POS carpet they can find in these places.)

It certainly isn't for everybody. For me personally, I love the fact I don't have to cut the grass or landscape. I love the fact that if my air conditioning or heater (or anything else) goes out, it gets fixed. Yeah, you get a-holes that move in from time to time, and sometimes it would be nice to have a huge backyard to sit in without a bunch of other people intruding. Then I think of having to mow that huge lawn, and I'm happy all over again.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 2 (view)

Would you spend money to upgrade a home you don't own?
Posted: 4/5/2012 12:01:20 AM
If you are going to stay there a long time, sure, throw a few bucks at the place. As a lifelong renter, I have always added a few personal touches (ceiling fans, wall tiles, etc) and painted my kids rooms the colors they wanted them as long as it was allowed. I always asked the landlords first, and sometimes they even reimbursed me!!
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 17 (view)

No more Canadian penny??
Posted: 3/30/2012 12:34:39 PM

your country's state of financial affairs and what they do for their citizens for free is quite another matter.

Still, there's no place in the world I'd rather be....Free coin wrappers for all!!!
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 14 (view)

No more Canadian penny??
Posted: 3/30/2012 11:21:11 AM
^^^^

Wow, all I have to do is walk in my bank and ask for some.... and they give them to me!!!!! For free!!! God, I love this country!!
 Ready4SomethingFun

Why does everyone seem to not like country music?
Posted: 3/17/2012 7:51:48 PM
I agree on country music is quite hypocritical. Songs about driving beat up pick up trucks and the old shacks they live in, when you know damn good and well they haven't seen either for a long time (if ever at all--it's like rappers and their street cred, then you find out they grew up in a suburban neighborhood or even upper class areas).
 Ready4SomethingFun

Sup lets talk Progressive shall we?
Posted: 3/15/2012 9:39:17 AM
Prog metal is probably my favorite type of music....

I started out like most listening to Dream Theater as a logical progression from the King Crimson/Yes/etc.etc. stuff that was starting to get a bit stale. Not to mention the fact that alt metal & rap metal was driving me up a freaking wall.......

Some of my personal faves are:

Symphony X - V / After Forever - same (2007)/ Stratovarius - Elements (1 & 2) / Mercury Rising - Building Rome/Kenziner - the Prophecies / Keep of Kalessin - Kolossus/ Locomotive Breath - Train of Events/ Illusion Suite - Final Hour/ Spock's Beard - Snow/ Rhapsody - Power of the Dragonflame / Fates Warning - Still Life........

and tons more.

BTW - I don't think too many prog metal fans are going to be enjoying Cannibal Corpse. They tend to favor melody over blur.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 329 (view)

are the gas prices killing you yet
Posted: 3/4/2012 2:09:53 PM
^^^^

And yet every single day hundreds if not thousands want to come here (as opposed to staying where you have pointed out things are superior), do come here, or die trying. And even more baffling, for some strange reason, you and those like you who endlessly complain about what a sh*thole this country is remain.

What's up with that?
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 173 (view)

Overrated Bands.
Posted: 3/3/2012 4:59:57 PM
Green Day were the band that was willing to sell out and sign on the major label dotted line at a time when the major labels knew punk could be marketable (mainly due to Nirvana). Nothing more, nothing less. There were better bands that refused to and there were worse bands that followed in Green Day's footsteps. The majority of them are in the "where are they now?" files.....Anyone remember Butt Trumpet?
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 81 (view)

Any rock/metal band suggestions?
Posted: 2/16/2012 10:42:41 PM
Well, the thing is, if the people you are referring to are only listening to post 1988 Ministry, they are basically hearing metal (industrial metal, but metal nonetheless). Sure you pop in With Sympathy (which AJ has pretty much disowned by the way) and they are hearing a different genre (80s europop mixed with new romantic music). It's not their categorization that shows a narrow taste, they are calling it like they see it--they never heard the wimpy eurotrash Ministry started out playing. If a band changes genres, then they become classifiable in however many genres they choose to dabble in--but nearly always will be classified by the masses as part of the latest genre they choose to dabble. The exception would be bands like TMBG and Ween who change genres several times per album.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 13 (view)

Led Zeppelin
Posted: 2/13/2012 11:11:17 PM
There is another thread about who invented heavy metal and Zep comes up a lot, but they hardly invented it (and other than a couple songs, barely define it--they are a hard rock band). Steppenwolf's line "heavy metal thunder" refers to the roar of a motorcycle.

i wouldn't say he plagiarized; but JP did take a lot of riffs from others.

Taking a riff from someone else without credit is pretty much known as plagiarism. And if you are familiar with old blues lyrics, you'll see a lot of lines and phrases from them in Zeppelin songs. Then go look at the credits, nearly every one will say "Page/Plant".

Zeppelin was an okay studio band but after the first four albums, but they couldn't reproduce the stuff live without it sounding like crap. The one live album (and movie) they did (which came out in '76) was from the '73 tour and the majority of the songs that are on that album are from the first two albums and the fourth.
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 3 (view)

Gops Small Business owners They don't exist.
Posted: 12/10/2011 6:44:20 PM
Tortoise is a boutique investment firm in White Plains, N.Y. Yankwitt has 10 employees and in recent years has done a lot of hiring.

Why? Do those 10 people they employ turnover quickly? 10 people is hardly a lot of hiring.

"We need to hire people, but we don't have the cash or the credit to do it...."

And piling on taxes to her will suddenly free those bucks right up?

Bottom line, Huffpo found some folks that agree with their "facts". Probably all of them are libs and they stuck hard and fast to the "democratic" mantra. For example, I am a record collector, I know about Lew Prince. He is a staunch liberal. If anyone was buying his ridiculously overpriced vinyl, he'd hire maybe 2 people. These aren't real good examples.........
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 406 (view)

Is Fox News Evil or Stupid?
Posted: 12/2/2011 8:55:54 PM
Okay, you can stop telling me what I mean. But if a college is getting fed money, but can turn around and give grants to NPR, then yeah, in a round about way it is. But I was just giving other examples of funding sources that were listing in the articles I found in reference.

But hey, since it's such a small amount, it shouldn't hurt a bit if it's cut. Right?
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 404 (view)

Posted: 12/2/2011 4:11:46 PM

Absolutely wrong again....10% of NPR's funding comes from CPB

No I didn't miss the google entry you quoted, but I didn't say 40% of their funding came directly from the CPB. I said 60% is publicly funded (i.e.:those that listen to them). The other 40% comes from a diverse batch of sources, including (according to sites I checked) state and local government funding and other sources. But lots of them are taxpayer sources, wheather indirectly or not (i.e.:through grants, college funding etc etc.).
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 399 (view)

Posted: 12/2/2011 10:20:08 AM

Actually, NPR is not directly funded with taxpayer dollars...it is CPB that is funded with taxpayer dollars.

But indirectly, it's about 40%. CPB supports it. Only around 60% is privately funded according to every source I checked.

If it were not supported in some way by taxpayer dollars there wouldn't be any outcry about defunding it. There wouldn't be any need for it.
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 962 (view)

Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/2/2011 12:30:40 AM

Did they all come last year, month, week???? How's about something to support such a claim...like some third party validation that actually makes sense????

Yeah, they all came last week. It was a mass exodus from Tijuana.

I'm talking about the ones who are already here. If there are so many jobs in Mexico, thanks to American corporations moving their operations there, that it is actually causing the gap in income disparity between the "haves and have nots" to close, then why are 9-20 million of them still here where the rich & evil corporations (except those who are apparently making life south of the border quite cushy!!) are trampling all over the 99%?
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 960 (view)

Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/1/2011 9:11:59 PM
Nope, absolutely wrong...it is because much of our manufacturing is done there in Mexico.

Really? And yet millions of their citizens still come here looking for work. Odd isn't it?
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 958 (view)

Occupy Wall Street
Posted: 12/1/2011 8:31:23 PM

As countries like Mexico narrow their wealth gap we widen ours.

This wouldn't be because many of their poorest citizens are here illegally would it?
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 396 (view)

Posted: 11/30/2011 11:54:04 AM

Funny, wasn't it the conservatives and republicans who wanted to gut support last summer for NPR? Oh I forgot, that might have been liberal radio, we only want to save conservative radio, I gotcha!!

That's because NPR is tax-payer funded. If conservative talk shows were also publicly funded we'd call for the gutting of them too. See, conservative talk radio makes money and doesn't rely on taxpayers footing their bills. Libs tried privately funded talk radio, but they went broke. Remember Air America?
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 33 (view)

So we have a new contest, how is the king of flip-flops?
Posted: 11/27/2011 2:24:11 PM

Oh my yes ... isn't it amazing how the hate pours out of the so-called Xtians ... you know those folks who are (supposedly) so full of love and tolerance? Well at least that's what they preach they're all about ... eh?

Isn't it quite ironic that democrats, who preach of possessing that same love and tolerance, seem to have very little of it for Christians?

I pretty much figured out around the 8th grade that many of those who profess to be Christians were just as full of sh#t as those who think they know it all. But one thing both have in common is the feeling they are superior due to enlightened knowledge.
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 27 (view)

So we have a new contest, how is the king of flip-flops?
Posted: 11/26/2011 7:13:47 PM
Truthfully, it doesn't seem many here want any discussion or debate. These forums seem the most harmonious when a bunch of the lockstep thinkers are patting each other on the back for their "oh so enlightened way of thinking". Then, boom, a "hate mongering right wing whack job" puts his or her two cents in and ruins the kumbaya fest. Once that happens...talk about disconcerting...it's amazing how quick the hate begins to seeth out of the "peace & love" crowd.

Perfect example:

I think what we all would like to see less of is misinformation, half truths or unsubstaniated facts. Unfortunately this is an open and free forum where all can post their opinions, and errr..."facts".

Translation: I think what we would like to see less of is anything that disagrees with what we believe. Unfortunately this is an open and free forum where right wing whack jobs can post their opinions and nonfacts.

I agree that some of the stuff here is getting a bit on the wild side, and I don't post here as much as I used to. But it gets tiresome to be constantly told my opinion is dogsh#t because I don't agree with those people who seemingly hog the boards these days. I don't agree that a lot of the stuff that they constantly spew forth are facts, but I certainly don't call them idiots, or ignorant for thinking that way.

I also agree that fostering any discussion here has become an exercise in futility, but I see it as being both sides, not just the "right wing whack jobs". It's just as much those who brand me racist because I think illegals should be deported or I disagree with Obama, a religious zealot because I have no problem with a conservative Christian becoming President, ignorant or full of sh#t because I'm not in lockstep with their point of view and any number of other derogatory comments seemingly every time I post. If anyone doubts this and needs examples I'll be happy to supply them, but don't get upset when they turn out to be from those who are now sounding off about how bad the other side is.
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 33 (view)

Obama is an utter failure.
Posted: 11/11/2011 6:12:55 AM

So ridiculous - President Obama is one of the best presidents we have ever had

insert cute rolling on the ground hysterically laughing icon here...........riduculous is right. Who would another candidate for best be in your eyes? Carter?

actually caring about the middle class (he is a member of until recently!).

Have any brillant examples you'd care to share? Is it the constant greasing the palms of the "rich" who got him to where he is? Is it enacting a HCP that will cause the middle class to buy it wheather they can afford to or not?
Is it his continuous jobs bills that grease the palms of those (probably very rich folks) who got him elected? Is it cash for clunkers which destroyed thousands of cars that could have been donated to those who couldn't afford one instead? Throw me a frickin' a bone here.........

And he's hardly among the nouveau riche........even if he was, that should tell you something. I'll bet you he got it off the backs of the middle class. One way or another.

I do feel he can do better on the mortgage assistance-

I'm betting you mean he should pay off the houses for those who should never been allowed to have gotten loans for them in the first place. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

than all the rich **stards who could care less about what America makes us great, - the middle class - which the rich cannot do without - unless they want to pay for military to guard them in their increasingly indefensible guarded communities!!!!! Good luck to them in defending their wealthy enclaves. The middle class is angry.

I agree. The rich, those b*stards! By the way, who, exactly, do you think pays the majority of taxes that keeps the military going?
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 104 (view)

Teabagger's - a grassroots movement or just more astroturf ?
Posted: 11/11/2011 4:59:08 AM

Issue 2 was'nt about wages at all. At least to Union people it was'nt. It was about POWER....

I agree with that statement wholeheartedly. But that power that can create a lot of job loss.

As I stated before, private employees who belong to unions, I have no beef with. As long as my tax dollars aren't bailing them out.

As far as government employeees and the public workers go (I am including school, fire, police, etc, etc), those on the union side see it as a loss of power, a loss of being able to make demands and if they can't get it, using obstruction to obtain it, no matter the cost to taxpayers. The people against see it as a loss of being able to say "Okay, enough is enough." The union doesn't care if it bankrupts the state, county or local government, as long as they get what they want, which is dues in their pockets every week. They don't care if their members are substandard and non-performing.

And most telliing, these unions, supposedly there for the worker, will sacrifice those workers, even hundreds of them, to hold on to that power. Because they contribute to the downfall of many of the companies they organize. GM, need I say more? And before you attack that statement, I didn't say they were the sole cause, but in previous posts I've shown examples of their, let's say, helping GM along.

Do you consider yourself a Tea party member? Or sympathizer?

I think you are going to find the answer to these questions shocking. No and no, with qualifications. I agree with them trying to reign in government, but also see that some have ulterior motives, just like unions (which I believe you fail to see). I don't believe in PETA's antics, but I think at the root, they have good intentions. Irrelevant, I know, but just thought I'd throw that in to make a point.

Do you understand that the Tea Party was organized by some of the richest people in America? This is'nt a bad thing, but these people are buying our government wholesale. The politicians they pay to get elected are trying to ram anti-union legislation through the states.

Just as I believe the union leaders are doing. The head honchos are also some of the richest people in America, and will also stoop to underhanded tactics to get what they want. And our current president, anyone except the blind among us see, is in the palm of their hand. His supposed "jobs bill" (as well as his past "jobs bill"s) panders to them relentlessly.

What is relevant is that UNIONS and people like the OWS are the last barrier standing between the ultra rich and them owning our government. Once that happens there'll be no one left to stand up to them.

Baloney. The OWS is a joke. Until they decide what they stand for and the means to go after it, I have no time for them. Camping out in a park smoking dope is college sh*t.

Unions have outlived their usefulness, and serve no purpose to anyone other than those they collect money from (untl they effectively cause their unemployment). I've shown that non-union auto makers don't (want or) need them, I've worked in plenty of businesses that have union counterparts, and done just as well or better. And too many companies these days, when they hear rumors of organization, just pull up and move the company overseas or dissolve it altogether. Is that really helping anybody? Regardless of wheather the act of doing so is wrong or right?

Unions can't save jobs anymore. Ask about 15,000 GM employees in my neck of the woods. Ask about 300 city government employees who lost their jobs in this state last year. Ask those teachers whose necks are now on the line.

If you think a disorganized crew like OWS, or downward spiraling unions (less than 10% of the workers and shrinking yearly) are the answers to a big problem, take a step back and reassess the situation. The unions aren't standing up to goverment, they are trying to buy them as quick and fast as the tea party bigwhigs. The OWS will desolve in a day if they are thrown a bone. I find it hard to take a group seriously that says they are so oppressed, but yet seem to find money to spend on weed, which I hear is quite expensive these days.

I agree this country is in a mess right now, but if you want to send a message, find a group that has membership of more than 1% of that 99% that are supposedly so downtrodden. There are ways to show those mean old rich people you aren't going to take it anymore. But these ways aren't acheiving the desired results . The rich at this point are literally laughing about it. Until EVERY Wal Mart and McDonalds worker (or at least more than 1% of them) decides to go to their place of employment, stand in the parking lot and scream about the inequalities, nobody hears them. Nobody cares.
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 102 (view)

Posted: 11/10/2011 4:05:15 AM
Yep, pat yourself on the back for a job well done. State & local Government will remain the perfect model of inefficiency it has been for years. Teachers, firefighters and police that should be fired will continue to do substandard jobs, the ones who should go further will languish because of it.

I would be upset, but it looks like my non-union employers are moving me out of this state early next year, so I didn't even waste time to vote on it. Not that it would have mattered anyway, the mobsters won and the 90% of non-union workers got snowed by their bullsh*t. I hope they don't cry too much when the government is bankrupt.

By the way, did you notice the number of school levy defeats statewide? There is already talk of laying off teachers in droves. Do you think the unions are going to be able to save their jobs?
 ready4somethingfun

Posted: 11/4/2011 10:02:37 PM

Oh sweet!!! Someone who knows the answer to creating jobs!! Please enlighten us. America has been waiting for this for a long time.

If I had the answer to job creation, I'd be a millionaire. I know what doesn't create jobs though.......

anything Obama does.

Edit: actually, yes I do have the answer to creating jobs------get Obama out of office!!!!
 ready4somethingfun

Posted: 11/4/2011 9:25:27 PM
^^^
I don't think that was directed at you Steel, it seems to be directed at the "utter failure"........

In a speech plugging his American Jobs Act on Wednesday, President Obama criticized Congress for taking up a resolution on the national motto -- "In God We Trust" -- while the country faces a jobs crisis.

Wasn't this an issue when the utter failure was handed the keys to the white house? Now suddenly it is a crisis, when he decides it is? The only crisis in Obama's eyes is that he isn't going to be able to buy votes from the unions for his re-election if he can't get his worthless bill passed.

“We’ve been -- in the House of Representatives, what have you guys been debating? John, you’ve been debating a commemorative coin for baseball? You had legislation reaffirming that ‘In God We Trust’ is our motto? That’s not putting people back to work.

Neither is your jobs bill Obama........or anything else you do. But you could put people back to work.....concede the next election to.....whoever runs against you!

"I trust in God," Obama said, "but God wants to see us help ourselves by putting people back to work."

If Obama had any interest in getting people back to work to work, he'd give up on this stupid "jobs bill" and do some real things that actually might work. But that would also cost him re-election.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 366 (view)

Why are Americans so Anti Socialist?
Posted: 11/1/2011 5:34:28 PM

McCarthy was an in the closet gay who was also a drunk...

Now that can't be true.....if it was he'd be a poster child for the left!
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 2 (view)

72 day marriage
Posted: 11/1/2011 5:27:11 PM
Maybe we should just ban marriage altogether. Anything else that doesn't work 50% of the time usually gets phased out.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 107 (view)

Rick Perry -
Posted: 10/26/2011 8:39:08 PM

Why would anyone need his college transcript when it was so apparent that he is smart.

I guess "was" is the key word. He sure hasn't baffled anyone with his brillance since becoming the president. I guess the campaign must have tapped him out.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 27 (view)

The Beatles without George Martin...
Posted: 10/26/2011 1:23:16 PM
I think it is a combination of things. George Martin produced other bands besides the Beatles and had nowhere near the success he had with the Beatles.

The Beatles had great songs but they were hardly cream of the crop musicians.

But put the Beatles & their great songs with Martin's production and magic happened.
 Ready4SomethingFun
Msg: 9 (view)

the beatles: a simple question...
Posted: 10/26/2011 1:14:12 PM

If you ever see a MONO Abbey Road LP or CD it's DEFINATELY a fake.

Well, sort of. If you see an American Apple or Capitol label Abbey Road LP in mono, yep, it's a fake. But that isn't true for other parts of the world. I have seen several original issue import copies of Abbey Road in mono, and they were totally legitimate. As far as the CD, if you get the remastered mono box, you will have a truly legitimate mono Abbey Road CD.

The reason is: you can take any stereo recording and mix it to mono, but the opposite is not true (hence the plethora of "electronically reprocessed" stereo albums of the 60s). In poorer and less technologically advanced countries mono pressings were made into the mid seventies. Also, as AM radio was mono, and still had a large following (top 40 stations were mostly found on AM until the mid 80s-some as late as the early 90s), copies pressed for DJs were made in mono into the 80s and beyond, until AM stations caught up to the times.
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 198 (view)

If you could do it again: Would you vote for Obama Today?
Posted: 10/15/2011 1:14:24 PM
I do give him credit though on a few things like keeping Guantanamo bay open

Okay, but wasn't one of the first things he did as "prez", was to sign it's closing into law? The only reason it remains open is because of an immediate backlash. So really you can't credit Obama for keeping it open, credit those whose voices kept him from doing what he wanted to do which was close it.

also has actually done a better job in border security then any other prez has so far

Maybe, but at the same time his administration spends loads of taxpayer money on lawsuits against states who try to do anything to try to combat the illegal alien problem on their own turf. So, yeah, he makes an effort to keep them out, but once they're in, they're golden, baby!
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 49 (view)

Greatest Rock Bass Men
Posted: 10/11/2011 1:13:57 PM
^^^^^^
Flea got mentioned by the third post, and several times thereafter.

Rob Trujillo and Cliff Burton were mentioned several times.

Steve Harris (the dude from Maiden) was mentioned on the first page and several times thereafter.

Dimebag Darrell is not mentioned because he was a guitarist. Rex Brown was Pantera's bassist, Bob Zilla was Damageplan's bottom end.

Jason Newstead hasn't been mentioned, and really it's no surprise. I think any one who goes from arguably the biggest metal band in the world (whether they are worthy of that title or not is another thread altogether) to a third or 4th tier band like Voivod tells you all you need to know. Newstead is average at best. As is Josh Pepe. I saw him live on the Crossover tour back in '85 and he played that death rattle type bass that gets buried in the mix. He's fast, but that's about it.

Mikey Offender (I'm assuming that is the MDC bassist you are refering to, who played on the first LP) was great, but how many people have even heard MDC? He also did a DRI album (Dealing with It) and played with Gary Floyd from the D!cks in Sister Double Happiness among many other things. He passed away a couple years ago at 46.
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 99 (view)

Posted: 9/30/2011 8:49:31 AM

But they arent yours are they? and where do the profits go?
Back to Japan.
So much for patriotism, or is that only for bs wars?

Patriotism don't pay the bills, and when you spend 30,000.00 on a car that is only gonna last 5 years, you can't pay the bills.

I'd love to buy an American made car, but the only ones my frugality will allow me to buy have less soul than those Jap crapmobiles. SO since the Jap crapmobiles are made better, sorry, I gotta go with quality over patriotism. I promise however to buy all the aftermarket goodies right here in the USA. And the gas too!

Jap and Korean cars might be cheap, but they have no soul or style, whitegoods on wheels.

They got plenty of soul when my James Brown CDs are blasting out of the speakers. He's American made!!!!

Wait till the Yank love affair with the Japs and Koreans runs out, they will up sticks fast. then we will see.
If you are smart you will keep the Chinese out.

They might, but if they hang around a few more years, I'm sure they'll see the UAW suck the American car companies dry as all the baby boomers retire.

As far as the Chinese go, since they basically own us to the tune of about 35 thou per citizen, it may be easier said than done if they come knockin' on the door with the bill demanding full payment. But their cars do suck!!! I don't think you have to worry about anyone buying those mopeds with cages that they build.
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 97 (view)

Posted: 9/30/2011 7:52:29 AM
There are Honda Toyota & Hyundai plants right here in the USA. There is a both a Honda plant and a Toyota plant within a hundred mile radius of where I am. And they build cars that you can buy without taking out a mortgage on your house, or being in debt for the next 6 years of your life. But here's a capper, they are non-union. And here's a cap for the cap: they don't wanna be!!!!!!

http://blogs.automotive.com/uaw-and-why-honda-and-toyota-workers-are-not-interested-1478.html

To the Japanese automobile manufacturers, unions are the plague. And the United Auto Workers (UAW) admit to having a tough time getting new union members when they visit Japanese manufacturers’ plants (called ‘transplants’) in the U.S. “People just aren’t interested,” said one union organizer.The Japanese auto makers in the U.S. seem to be winning their battle with the UAW because the people they employ seem convinced that the benefits are good and that the union couldn’t do any better. Moreover, these auto makers tend to build plants in the U.S. in areas that have a low average wage for laborers.

Worse, conditions are better in transplants in some areas. An example of a happy plant of workers is in the Toyota plant in Georgetown, Kentucky. The workers are now being paid more and getting better bonuses than UAW workers average at domestic plants.

Yet the UAW continues to try. It attempted to organize the workers at the Subaru plant in Lafayette at least three times. The result? Nada, nothing. The plant will be producing Camrys (pictured) in a joint venture with Toyota in April.

Our take? The strength of the UAW has ebbed substantially. In 1979 the union had a membership of 1.5 million. By 2005 it had plunged to 600,000. Unless the transplants do something real stupid like slashing wages in half or eliminating medical benefits, we see union membership continue to dwindle.

Wow, the cars are made well, less expensive, the employees are happy.....whats the upside to unions again? Oh yeah, they can't bargain. Guess what? Neither can the 37,000+ people who lost their jobs due to GM closing up shop. Same thing is going to happen to the government employees when the state and local governments run out of money.
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 60 (view)

Why don't men sit down?
Posted: 9/30/2011 6:38:22 AM

I guess I made some really good decisions when it came to the men in my life.

If that were true wouldn't you still be with the one who was the first good decision?

Now that I think about it, getting rid of them might be considered a good decision too, but doesn't that change the original good decision to a bad one?
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 121 (view)

The Single Greatest Problem Damaging All American Politics
Posted: 9/30/2011 6:00:45 AM
This is what scares me:

preacher/dentist

First he fills you with the fear of God, then he fills your teeth?

He cleanses your spirit for free, and your teeth for a nominal charge.......

A side of floss with the communion wafers (only if he's a Catholic priest, of course).
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 96 (view)

Posted: 9/30/2011 4:20:14 AM
1100 new jobs? Great news....well except.............

http://www.manufacturingnews.com/news/10/0112/GM.html

The economic impact caused by a single, large manufacturing plant closing in America is massive, according to research conducted by the Institute for Research on Labor, Employment and the Economy (IRLEE) at the University of Michigan.

In a case study on the closure of the General Motors Moraine Assembly Plant in Montgomery County, Ohio, IRLEE director Marian Krzyzowski and associate director Lawrence Molnar found that for every hourly job lost 15 jobs in the economy disappeared with it.

GM closed its 4.1 million-square-foot Moraine Assembly operation in late 2008, laying off 2,170 hourly workers. The event led to the loss of another 10,850 indirect jobs (for a total of 13,020 jobs lost) in the immediate vicinity of the plant.

But job losses cascaded through GM's supply chain, with the elimination of another 3,334 jobs: DMAX laid off 645 workers; Jamestown Industries laid off 80 workers; Johnson Controls laid off 130 workers; PMG Ohio laid off 70 workers; Plastech laid off 88 workers; four Delphi plants that supplied Moraine laid off 2,120 workers; Tenneco laid off 118 workers; and EFTEC laid off 83 workers.

As a result, the total number of indirect jobs lost due to the Moraine plant shutdown was 27,520.

In all 33,024 workers were impacted by closing one large factory.

And that's one plant. Maybe those CEOs large salary caused it all, but I do know Steve Martin, the CEO of the Delphi plants took almost a 99% pay cut. Something tells me it was more than that, though.
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 94 (view)

Posted: 9/30/2011 2:01:24 AM
Manipulated their currency so their cars were cheaper.

Or maybe their cars were cheaper because they weren't paying guys 30 bucks an hours to stand on an assembly line? Paying 17.50 an hour to a girl who sewed the covers for the seats? Paying 22.50 an hour for the guy who drove the car from the assembly line to the lot it was stored in? Paying hundreds of millions a years to people who no longer worked for them because a union negotiated ridiculous pensions for them?
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 93 (view)

Posted: 9/29/2011 10:31:20 PM
Truthfully, I could care less about private unions, as I have the choice to vote for them with my wallet, which I do, as I always pass on union companies whenever possible. Seems those union cats always want to take a bigger chunk of money out of it every time.

My issue is with the unions that influence jobs whose salary is paid for by myself and other taxpayers, without any choice. Mainly government and fed unions. They need to be given raises on merit, not length of time on the job. I have worked for the government, and the lazy and the rule benders were the only people who benefitted from unions (no wonder democrats love unions so much!!), the rest of us who worked hard and did what we should never got anything from them but a paycheck reduction from dues. In fact, it's why I left that job, I got sick of watching people who constantly broke the rules get their jobs back and do nothings get moved up due to nothing other than the amount of time they were there. There were more incompetent people working there than in any job I've ever worked in my life. Maybe in other unions that isn't so, but in government it's rampant.

As far as collective bargaining goes, that's the main reason for this whole thing. Nobody in the government sector is working in unsafe conditions, except those who take high risk positions to begin with like police and firemen and how exactly do you make their jobs any safer or less safer--send the union stewards to the gunfight or the blazing building ahead of time? "Nope, there's bullets flying down here, Bobbo, keep our boys far away..........." Bullsh*t. They know what they are getting into before they get into it, or they are complete and utter fools. It's all about wages and pensions, and since they are taxpayer funded we need them under control. Last time I checked there were plenty of folks lining up to do those unsafe jobs, and I doubt the lack of collective bargaining will thin out the line too much. I'd even be willing to bet, if it came down to it, lack of a union wouldn't thin the horde all that much, either.

I live about an eighth of a mile from Moraine Ohio, a town built because of GM. All the factories here are closed. Big lot of good those unions did for them. Unemployment around this area is rumored to be hovering around 15%. Maybe if the unions hadn't gotten their workers ridiculous benefits and wages all those years, those plants could have stayed open. The first $16,000.00 of every new car GM sells goes to pay the pensions of those who no longer produce anything for the company, plus they get medicare and social security. No wonder buying a car puts you in hock until it's a rustbucket that doesn't run anymore. But keep on voting pro-union and pretty soon we'll have even fewer jobs left than we do now as those unions drive more and more of those companies out of business. Or overseas.

Moraine Ohio citizens are my neighbors Blade, and I'll bet you every damn one of them (or at least the majority of less hard headed ones), if given the choice of still having a job or having a union, would pick the job. Do you know how sad it is to see a 55 year old x-GM jobsetter working as a fry cook, or have you ever had to tell a guy who 2 years ago made 25.00 an hour at GM that you have to let him go because he doesn't have the right skills to be a clerk at a convienience store for 8.00 an hour? I've had the displeasure of seeing one and doing the other lately and both times it made me physically ill.
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 90 (view)

Posted: 9/29/2011 4:39:03 PM

I think they need to go and they're the worst thing to happen to working people in Ohio in years.

I think you should take out the word working, and insert union, in the above quote. That's what you really mean. I work in Ohio and Kasich hasn't affected me or anyone I know one bit.

I'm sure you will be voting no on Issue 2. I, and damn near everyone I know will be voting yes. Here's why:

Senate Bill 5 is not an attack on public employees or the middle class, the fiscally sustainable measures contained in the bill are an effort to protect Ohio jobs and maintain the quality of life for public and private sector workers. Myths and innuendo about SB5 can leave a voter baffled about what the bill actually intends to change and how the process will unfold.

The nonprofit Building a Better Ohio organization has embarked upon a fact sharing campaign to educate voters about the line items contained in the fiscally responsible bill.

Ohio Senate Bill 5 Myths and Facts

Myth: State Issue 2 is an attack on Ohio's middle class.

Fact: Nothing could be further from the truth. The sustainable and reasonable spending reforms decrease taxpayer cost to fund government employee benefits and pay. Currently public employee annual salaries and fringe benefit packages comprise 80 percent of local budgets. State Issue 2 offers a fiscally feasible and common sense approach to fulfilling our commitment to government workers without over-taxing the public.

Myth: State Issue 2 Means Job Cuts.

Fact: Ohio Senate Bill 5 will prevent not only more layoffs of government employees but enhance opportunities in the private sector. Gov. Kasich's efforts have already attracted new businesses and prevent existing companies from moving to southern state where operational costs are far less than in the Buckeye State. Ohio's tax burden both on a statewide and local level rank among the top third highest in the United States. The best economic minds can devise a perfect plan for recovery, but unless out-of-control spending is thwarted, the result will not foster long-term success

Myth: State Issue 2 will make striking illegal and destroy unions.

Fact: Current state laws already prevent government safety workers from striking. Senate Bill 5 would expand the existing rules to include all local and state employees. Strikes have been a rarity for the past two decades in Ohio. Federal employees have resolved disputes through negotiations since the Roosevelt era, as they are not permitted to strike.

Myth: State Issue 2 will reduce teacher salaries.

Fact: Fear mongering by union leaders have promoted this myth since the initial discussions pertaining to Senate Bill 5. The law will eliminate the fiscally irresponsible and intellectually baffling practice of awarding "step" raises based solely on years worked. The teacher evaluation process will prompt raises based upon performance. Schools across the state are clamoring for federal "Race to the Top" federal grant funds and will have to make the raise evaluation processes changes if awarded money from the taxpayer funded grant program created by President Barack Obama.
 ready4somethingfun
Msg: 180 (view)

If you could do it again: Would you vote for Obama Today?
Posted: 9/24/2011 5:15:44 PM
Well, allow me to apologize, I figured the area you quoted was what you "mocked" me on, which was democrats don't have any respect for those who build a business from the ground up. And they don't. Oh, they love for it to happen, as they think of it as a new source of supplemental income for their utopian fantasies (which is why fewer and fewer are doing it at the moment) but they have no respect for it, as the more profit a person makes from that business, the more they start saying he isn't paying his fair share of his profits after all the risks he took and hours he put into it. They feel that now, since he has "made it" he should be handing it over to those who didn't. And that's BS!!

Show ALL Forums