Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 366 (view)

Hawkings was wrong about the non-existence of God.
Posted: 10/21/2018 9:41:34 PM

The Scientist said to God, God we've decided that we NO Longer need you
We can clone people, we can transplant hearts, and do all kinds of things once considered miraculous.
God said: That's fine but to prove you don't need me, let's have a man making contest, the ONLY requirement is
YOU have to make Man out of dirt.
The Scientist said: GREAT
He quickly reached down to pick up a handful of dirt, then God said , WAIT not so fast,
Go get your OWN dirt.

J Osteen

First of all a scientist will not waste time talking to himself in the guise of talking to a God who will not answer his questions.
Secondly the dirt belongs to the universe. I don't think there are any papers filed in the courts around the world giving God a legal claim to dirt.
Third, J Osteen likes to take donations to do God's work but had to be shamed into taking hurricane victims into his church to help them. J Osteen is a conman who uses God to create his own personal wealth.
This is the false logic used by the religious who argue for a definition of cosmology
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 21 (view)

Is contacting current partner's ex taboo to find out why the marriage ended?
Posted: 10/5/2018 1:52:38 PM
You could contact my ex but you would be contacting a compulsive liar and your info would be subject to her version of the truth at that time. My children know the truth and I think that if the partnership gets to the point of marriage they would give the best analysis of my personality.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 37 (view)

Forum people
Posted: 9/19/2018 10:50:46 PM
Forum People, I want to be remembered as the John Belushi character at the toga party where he is always getting into trouble right after he does the double eyebrow twitch and sinister smile. toga, Toga, TOGA!!!!
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 52 (view)

Triggers in profile photos
Posted: 8/26/2018 8:31:05 PM
Pictures of Renaissance Faires, makes think I'm dealing with an actor or player or just someone odd. My niece's husband is a Renaissance Faire attendee and Civil War enactor and is a big Dr. Who fan with his own Tardis call box in his back yard. He is a nice enough guy but I can't help but think some day my niece will find the call box and him have gone time traveling. He is a bit odd but I wonder if he spends much time in reality.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 488 (view)

Sticks & stones... stop whining.
Posted: 8/26/2018 7:49:09 PM
Personally I don't miss certain moderators. There was a women moderator from North Carolina who started what I thought was a vendetta thread against one of her past encounters and when negative comments were made about her thread she started deleting messages that didn't ring true to her narrative. My personal opinion was that she abused her status as a moderator.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 235 (view)

sugar mommy?
Posted: 8/23/2018 8:27:15 PM
I read many profiles where women want a hopeless romantic, so I thought it would be cute to change my profile title to Homeless Romantic. Well I received about 4 or 5 responses from older women which kind of made me feel cheap so I changed it back.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 16 (view)

So I guess he's still with his significant other?
Posted: 8/20/2018 3:23:57 PM
So your telling me there is a chance, quote from dumb and dumber.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2018 9:41:00 PM
How about pics of Roy Rodgers horse.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 5 (view)

Two profiles - same pics - same style of intro - fakes?
Posted: 8/15/2018 2:54:45 PM
I have been on here with three different profiles since 2006. I have deleted two of them while in a long term relationships. Maybe the profilers don't know how to delete. I have also noticed there are women on here that never age. I think they must save their profile somewhere and then create a new one where they can change their age which isn't allowed when your profile is complete.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 8/15/2018 2:35:12 PM
I have a negative trigger when I view profiles and the picture shows some fashion or home decor with a leopard pattern. To me it screams predator. This can probably be analyzed and I suffer from some sort of delusion but does anyone else have a trigger.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 42 (view)

MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/11/2018 12:01:26 PM
I thought my favorite catalog Duluth Trading Co. sold witch hazel but they don't. My online search though came up with Bulk Apothecary and they sell it in 55 gallon drums. I wonder if they sell a matching stand to mount in the bathroom?
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 49 (view)

new 'mature age' way of saying no without actually saying no
Posted: 8/9/2018 3:40:27 PM
In the last couple of weeks I've had three women contact me. The first I just came out and said I wasn't interested. She seemed Ok but made a comment about me not having a photo and I was lying about not posting one. I kept positive and explained again that this site used to let you send private images with e-mails but you need to upgrade to use that feature.
The second was similiar but better looking. The lady wanted a photo and I told her I wished to remain private on this site. She then sent a phone number to post a photo. I did mention meeting half way at a bar that has a really good shrimp pizza but she didn't respond to that. I usually don't get many contacts at all and thought this woman was a bit pushy and breaking the rules about names and phone numbers so I just wished her luck and declined her offer because something didn't seem right.
The third lady was probably the best looking and would be a reasonable commute for both of us. I told her I suffer from congestive heart failure and haven't been dating because I didn't think it would be fair to get into a relationship and then die. She said she was ok with that and suggested we meet at a local hotspot on the river that had a band she wanted to see. We agreed to meet around 5ish and I described my build, beard and salmon colored shirt. At 4:00 o'clock I checked this site and she said something came up and she might or might not make it. I thanked her for saving me a trip and haven't heard from her since.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 310 (view)

Posted: 8/6/2018 4:28:10 PM
There is a saying in business, if you hire someone and they can't be bothered with the small details you certainly can't trust them with the big ones.
The god represented by the major religions is a very flawed god in the sense that the small details that could easily be corrected by an omnipotent god are not dealt with. The religious god can't be bothered to correct them, yet this god can create a world where a dark patch in the sky can be viewed by the Hubble telescope and be filled with countless galaxies.
My guess is to believe science. If science is wrong a new theory will replace the old one and explain more observable facts. Science doesn't claim to be the only answer just one of the better ones. Religions do not deal with all the holes in their logic, they just keep pounding their head on a stone altar of false logic.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 10 (view)

MAKE-UP WARS
Posted: 8/5/2018 5:30:31 AM
I can only speak for myself, but the shape of womans bottom is one of the first things that catches my eye and the ratio of breast to bottom. Large breasts can make the female torso look out of balance. I know I will be accused of being shallow but women often talk of chemistry and being attracted to what they see as well. Make up can enhance your looks but men usually don't spend a lot of time looking at the parts that make up is used on.
When I have actively dated my first impression when looking at a profile is how would I like to wake up in the morning and see their face. The wrinkles and no eye shadow wouldn't be a negative, the positives would be a warm cuddle and a purr that makes you want to get up and do something sweet for your love.
Yes Miss Peppermint I've often wondered why more women aren't running Auto Body Shops. Make up in moderation is OK, however one thing that actually repulses me is plucking eyebrows completely out and tattooing new ones on.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 301 (view)

Posted: 7/26/2018 5:29:41 AM
I was taught by the Catholic Church that god always was and always will be. I prefer to look at the universe like Hawkings. The universe always was and always will be and is a function of physical laws and random chemical reactions. The next best theory I've heard is by Tom Robbins that water created man as a means of transporting itself from one place to another.
I believe man created god as a means of legitimizing men with superior intellect and social power to take advantge of the sheeple.
In a perfect world my god would not let little babies die and Tyrant despots would immediately be struck down and removed from this earth. My god would be perfect in every way. Since this is not how the real world works god is a concept and exists in a concept form only.
Men get carried away with the idea that the universe needs intelligent design because blah, blah, blah. The people who believe this don't take into account the vastness of the time that has past and the astronomical numbers of reactions that occurred during that time to create life.
Life force and DNA may be considered god as well as the univere. Besides under estimating the vastness of time people want claim they have a soul that is so special only man goes to a heaven or after life. The great apes have 98% of our DNA and can be taught language yet according to some religions they don't have a soul and can be eaten as a source of food.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 37 (view)

OVER 60 SCAMMER?????
Posted: 3/23/2018 8:49:05 PM
I was a pilot in the USMC, I used to pile it over here and pile it over there.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 22 (view)

Vegan Diet and Recipes, Making the change?
Posted: 2/18/2018 12:06:17 PM
I recently watched a you tube video about top ten diners and one featured was a vegan diner in Chicago. The main feature was a Rueben made with a meat substitute seitan. Anyone have recipes or more info on seitan?
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 19 (view)

Posted: 1/30/2018 6:43:43 PM
There are so many types of vegetarian diets. I don't try to tie both hands behind my back to eat less meat. Health should be the top concern over completely eliminating foods that easily provide essential nutrients.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 1/30/2018 9:06:39 AM
Anyone try the cauliflower pizza crust
2 cups cheese(any blend you like)
2 cups cauliflower Grated
2 eggs
combine ingredients (add a few teaspoons water if needed)
cover pizza pan with parchment paper and spread out to the edges of pan.
Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or browned to your taste.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 1/9/2018 9:05:27 PM
I like to experiment with Indian recipes and put a European touch to them. Aloo Gobi is my favorite, but with bratwurst spices purchased online. I also get a barley flour based hickory smoked flavor (like smoked almonds) and bake zucchini slices in the oven till crispy for BLT's. You can also make BLT's with tofu fried with this flour sprinkled on them.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 1/7/2018 1:01:23 PM
I have found that as I age I need less food. I don't think I could eat a whole vegan at one sitting anymore.
I don't buy as much meat anymore and this forces me to create meals that are vegan. I fall back on meals I learned to make in colledge and hung around more people doing some version of meatless cooking.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 75 (view)

A fatal flaw in the Theory of Evolution
Posted: 11/26/2017 7:19:48 AM
Andyaa
Your posts are very informative and lucid. My pet peeve with theories is that they are perceived as absolute. The current acceptible theory takes facts and describes them in a way that answers more questions than the previuos theory. This leaves the door open for another theory to answer all the previous questions and the ones that were not answered. Creationist and Intelligent Design proponents do not accept that their theory has been replaced by a superior answer of the observable facts.
I found this video which could possibly lead to the discovery of how life could have started in the primordial soup of earth's early history.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8VyUsVOic0
This is an idea and not proven conclusively but it does not rely on supernatural influence.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 29 (view)

A fatal flaw in the Theory of Evolution
Posted: 11/7/2017 4:23:23 PM
OP how did God come into existence? Explain and we will talk about fatal flaws.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 6 (view)

What's the best way to improve my profile?
Posted: 5/2/2017 8:02:40 PM
Show a picture of you with cinamon bun earrings with white frosting drizzled over them and have a big glass of milk on a table next to you. If you have ample cleavage put one in there too!
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 242 (view)

honesty regarding sexual capability
Posted: 4/13/2017 1:20:03 AM
Mile High Club, I'm getting old. I'll settle for sex in the Denver airport.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 177 (view)

There's no such thing as an atheist.
Posted: 1/3/2017 9:48:38 PM

Yule_Liquor
IMO, the casual atheist is basically an agnostic in denial

He (or she) orchestrates this by erecting constructs that may be based on self-referent propositions (whether they realize it or not).

doesn't mean I have to believe god is reality until scientific evidence is provided.

this simplistic ^ statement made by 'HippyDippy' serves as a fair example of what I mean, but his is by no means the only one posting such remarks on these "religious" threads. What this person is expecting is that something outside our sphere of physical realm be explained or proven by empirical means, otherwise it just isn't there!

If we are defining "god" as an entity that contains entirely within itself, the REASON for its own existence, then we are talking about a being/entity whose nature cannot be comprehended by humans, nor is such a being amenable to empirical proofs.

In coming to grips with such an entity (if one chooses to do so), one must address the following propositions:

There is at least one true proposition about our Universe (call this: proposition A)

Suppose that someone states that Proposition A is 'false' (call this proposition B)

If A is false, then so is B, because B is also a proposition. If A is duly false, then there could be no true propositions anywhere; thus proposition A must be true, and if so then it is logically impossible for there to be 'no true' propositions. In short, if there exists necessary propositions, then the notion of a necessary entity existing is in no way impossible.

This is the 'crux' that many atheists choose to duck away from in order to uphold their construct. It can certainly be ignored, or for those courageous enough, it is a challenge to be addressed...as it was for A.J Ayers and Antony Flew (each in their own way, after many decades of deliberation & discorse).

Failure to genuinely confront this 'onus' concerning this matter would amount to nothing more than intellectual sophistry at best, or sheer gibberish at worst by said supporters.

Yule
I am using your own earlier logic to say you are wrong using the bible like some Rosetta Stone to make your arguments. The idea of Separation of Church and State should be carried one step further to the Seperation of Church and Humanity. In the age of downsizing eliminate the middle man "GOD" in decisions that affect Mankind to actual humans who make arguments for the benefit of all men. When you make personal attacks on the character of Funches you have lost the argument because you have no new information to support your side.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 164 (view)

Posted: 12/30/2016 6:59:05 PM

Funchesf -

Au Contraire mon ami! "There are NO atheists in foxholes".

This statement is true if you believe that the fighters in foxholes are doing god's work. They are playing god. Western fighters are fighting radical Islam and Isis is fighting infidels. In the Arms Industry we Trust.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 4 (view)

Possibilities of evolution
Posted: 12/26/2016 6:40:34 PM
I don't know about evolution creating a god like creature, because the process would be too slow. Mankind is on the brink of understanding the genetic code much like the Wright brothers. Mankinds' understanding of the genetic code will be much like landing on the moon in 60 years. Hitler's dream of a master race will be closer to reality. I think the 7 or 8 billion common mortals could possibly be facing extinction like the Neanderthals.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 12/18/2016 7:02:56 AM

Hi Happy, don't get wrapped up in what theists believe.
Try to stay on the topic.
Can you prove that "atheists" exist?

Forking A
Try to think out of the box. Just because humans have an imagination doesn't make them anymore special than other animals. I mean humans think they are special because they have a soul. The Great Apes share 97-98% of their DNA with humans and I don't think any have a clue there is supposed to be a god. Would that make them atheists' or just unaware?
I exist therefore atheists exist. I do not need a god to explain life to me. Man created god for control of the masses. The one positive is that we have an ideal of perfection and as Vince Lombardi said " If you chase perfection you can often grasp excellence."
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 46 (view)

Posted: 12/17/2016 5:29:36 PM
There is no such things as Elves, just ask someone from Iceland. I think you are splitting hairs. Just because the concept of a god exists, doesn't mean I have to believe god is reality until scientific evidence is provided. Theists' often get wrapped up in some reward in an after life that clouds their view of reality.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 176 (view)

Dark Matter and Mathematics ..
Posted: 12/13/2016 2:10:14 PM
It won't be Mathematically solved until we determine the Speed of Dark.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 76 (view)

Yes, there is Life after Death...the Soul is eternal
Posted: 12/13/2016 12:24:50 PM
I suffer from Congestive Heart Failure and I have an implanted device. I have died six times from A-Fib. Each time was a total blank until the device is shocking me. I don't believe there is a soul based on my episodes. My experience is based on my heart's electrical signal scrambling and shutting down oxygen flow to my brain. I am aware of something going on for a few seconds and then it's a black out. I would postulate that people who have after death experiences have enough oxygen in their system to have a dream like state for a short period of time.
I have posted in other threads I believe we have memory embedded in our DNA which cannot be accessed by a normally functioning brain. In the case of trauma or an individual who is a savant, the change in the brain can give us a view of our soul or of other family members stored memories. The soul may be the memories of all the past ancestors we are an amalgamation of. Once you are clinically dead, Your heart has stopped and all breathing has ceased your soul is dead. Unless in the future a Complete set of DNA can be harvested and cloned.
Just food for thought
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 90 (view)

Nipples or No Nipples, That is the Question
Posted: 12/6/2016 9:10:09 PM
I've seen documentaries where nipples can be tattooed on breast augmentation usually from the buttocks. I've been weened from breast feeding long ago, so I don't need them in a relationship.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 28 (view)

Foot Fetish men
Posted: 12/4/2016 10:59:31 AM
Sounds liked a childhood friend who had a dog who couldn't resist humping anybody with white socks. Very uncomfortable visiting their home when his mom required you to leave your shoes at the back door.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 18 (view)

What happened to him
Posted: 10/26/2016 11:41:31 PM
He's on a secret mission.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 9 (view)

exclusive?
Posted: 10/13/2016 12:11:45 AM
Use the Hair Club for men and whack him on the head. Then drag him back to your woman cave. I think he will get the message.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 104 (view)

Could/Would you Date or Stay with a Transgender?
Posted: 9/25/2016 6:26:12 AM
Personally I could not. I have no problem with the lifestyle of the LGBT community. If like minded individuals freely enter into healthy relationships then it's a good thing for them. It's hard to put labels on people, LGBT works for most. I think there is one more and that is TC or Totally Confused. These people will never fit a mold. They are a small percentage of the population and as such have no role models. They are blazing new trails and don't know what to expect.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 43 (view)

Want to give me a 3 month trail
Posted: 9/6/2016 12:08:48 AM
Tell her you only want a two week time share instead. Now all you have to do is find twenty-five more women to fill out your calendar year.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 40 (view)

Want to give me a 3 month trail
Posted: 9/3/2016 10:24:46 PM
No thanks, I don't want to be on the Trail in early December.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 98 (view)

Found dead, eaten by cats
Posted: 8/28/2016 4:30:46 PM
I'm cat watching for my son. I've lost some skin petting his belly. With my resent heart problems it's not hard to keep one eye on the cat. I hope we can stand each other till September 11th. Uhoh 9-11 sounds ominous.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 102 (view)

Do you hide your political affiliation on dates?
Posted: 8/23/2016 8:02:42 AM
Just the word politician has a negative connotation. All politicians at some point during their tenure will have to compromise their belief system just to get a pet project on the fast track. The good old boy network eventually beats well intentioned representatives down. My only suggestion would be to computerize the black and white or yes or no issues that disguise ulterior campaign financed motives and pork barrel politics. Each issue should be stand alone or a very limited number to clarify what stand is being put forward and for what reason. I have no problem expressing my political views because they are not set in stone. I am willing to concede my point of view to a better one.
 HippyDippyWeatherman

Views on sex toys and place that sell them as a mature (experienced!?) person
Posted: 8/19/2016 4:38:29 PM
If it doesn't say Tonka I'm not playing with it!
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 92 (view)

Found dead, eaten by cats
Posted: 8/8/2016 8:13:53 PM
I couldn't help but think of Fred Flintstone's sabertooth cat setting him outside for a late night snack.
 HippyDippyWeatherman

Cooking with Lentils or Beans
Posted: 8/3/2016 11:04:49 PM
Anyone have a recipe for spicy Thai beans?
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 28 (view)

what not to talk about with girls?
Posted: 8/3/2016 3:47:33 AM
You should probably never talk about Nantucket.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 55 (view)

Tattoos or No Tattoos?
Posted: 7/27/2016 7:14:17 AM
I think the female body is a work of art just the way it is. I wouldn't draw a mustache on the Mona Lisa nor get a tattoo. It's just another trend the Sheeple blindly follow to fit into some reference group.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 25 (view)

Cucumber salad
Posted: 7/27/2016 7:01:27 AM
I just made this with Paul Newman's Golden Italian dressing. Very subtle, less vinegar and more creamy.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 91 (view)

Boob Pics
Posted: 7/21/2016 8:50:28 PM
I would post to BoobCritic.com and have them rated. If you are highly or lowly rated use that info to post boob pics.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 63 (view)

Man buying woman's underwear due to Shingles
Posted: 7/11/2016 5:05:58 AM
I buy my shingles at K-Mart.
 HippyDippyWeatherman
Msg: 24 (view)

Cucumber salad
Posted: 6/29/2016 3:58:19 PM
Out of the garden just peel and slice cucumbers, some green onions and Kohlrabi, drizzle with Italian dressing. I like a little fresh ground pepper and a pinch of salt to taste. During the off season I use a sweet white onion and canned water chestnuts.

Show ALL Forums