Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Dont understand Guys!!
 fl344
Msg: 16 (view)

Dont understand Guys!!
Posted: 7/24/2011 4:08:59 PM
First, let me point out that it is not "guys" you don't understand... there is just this one guy you don't know what to make of!

For all you know, he is wondering why you haven't called him... after all you had a nice meeting, great conversation, he brought up the idea of you talking later... you said you wanted to... and you never called him.

Or perhaps he wasn't interested or lost interest and thought he was being a gentleman by not confronting you with his lack of interest... sparing your feelings or being a chicken... who can say?

We can all guess, assume, contemplate... but the only one who knows is the young man... call or e-mail him.

If not, move on... with the knowledge that while you didn't understand that one guy, perhaps you will do better with the next guy... for each "guy" is unique.

Good luck!
 fl344
Msg: 45 (view)

Perhaps an ethical question/discussion?
Posted: 7/24/2011 3:40:45 PM
I wonder if the poor man is really dead... or did the OP just think "widowed" looked better on her profile?

I have never lost a spouse, but I can remember when we knew my parents were dying, holding each of their hands, tears streaming down my face because I knew that was going to be one of the last times I would ever hold their hand, feel their warmth, enjoy their presence. I cannot imagine giving up that time for ANYTHING... let alone to surf a dating site for male "friends!"
 fl344
Msg: 3 (view)

Did we spend messaging too much before the meet & greet?
Posted: 7/23/2011 8:24:17 PM
If you truly felt you were uninterested in each other and knew each other "too well" after only a week of e-mailing and texting, how do you expect to have any kind of a long term relationship?

Lust happens right away; chemistry takes time for the two to mingle and produce a reaction!

Plan a second date, where you can do something together, other than sit and talk.

However, as others have already stated... end one chapter before beginning another. When you have final divorce papers in hand is the time to start thinking about dating other women.
 fl344
Msg: 13 (view)

55 and Holding
Posted: 7/21/2011 9:32:21 PM
I did not end up "going out" with any of the men I mentioned. So I guess my radar, or "picker" as a few of you have deemed it, is working just fine. My question, which was answered, had more to do with WHY would someone lie and expect to get away with it. Basically, as you have told me, there is no negative consequence and only things to be gained by lying. (And yes, I did report it to pof, including copies of chats where he said he lied, and he is still here.) The feeling that it might be "just you" or somehow your fault is unsettling; however the other posters have been encouraging… and I KNOW there are good men out there. In our local paper today there was an article about a woman who married a man she met through e-harmony and it turns out the guy was still married to his first wife! Things could always be worse and I feel lucky that my radar kicked in and I did not waste anymore time! This was my first forum post… thanks for making it a mostly good experience!
 fl344
Msg: 5 (view)

55 and Holding
Posted: 7/20/2011 7:28:00 PM
Thanks for the encouragement... hadn't thought about all the other things that could be lied about... yikes! :)
 fl344
Msg: 2 (view)

55 and Holding
Posted: 7/20/2011 6:30:05 PM
Thanks for the quick feedback... and the encouragement... of course you are right!
 fl344
Msg: 1 (view)

55 and Holding
Posted: 7/20/2011 6:17:17 PM
The profile said he was 55. After he got on his webcam (his idea, not mine!) it was clear he was not close to 55! When I asked him how old he was, he replied, "55 and holding?" I asked him how long he had been holding it... I would guess about 20 years! Out of the last five men who have contacted me, all five have misrepresented their age! Why? Once you meet, of course you are going to know they lied... how does one move forward? Is this happing to anyone else?
 fl344
Msg: 4 (view)

Crystal River Wine Tasting/Meet and Greet at Copp Winery, Sunday July 27th from 6:30 to 8:30 pm
Posted: 7/17/2008 11:22:29 AM
For those who do not drink alcohol or may be bringing guests who do not drink, in addition to wine, the winery will also have available soda, bottled water, sweet tea and grape juice.
Maryann
 fl344
Msg: 55 (view)

Camp /Kayak / Canoe - Silver River Ocala
Posted: 7/10/2008 3:27:57 PM
I have two funerals I need to attend: one Friday afternoon and the other Saturday, at 4 PM. (It has not been a good week!) Regrettably, I will be unable to attend this event. Have fun and be safe!
Maryann
 fl344
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 6/29/2008 12:13:52 PM
Great Idea! I'll bring the sour cream and some guacamole too!
 fl344
Msg: 8 (view)

Posted: 6/28/2008 3:01:07 PM
TKaye...

I can't e-mail you because of your restrictions... please e-mail me.
Thanks!
Maryann

Show ALL Forums