Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Northern Alberta Campout July 5-7
 thinker15
Msg: 48 (view)

Northern Alberta Campout July 5-7
Posted: 7/2/2013 1:30:42 PM
ok I have signed up so it just might be me and pixie but who knows I might bring someone just do not know. I can bring a loaf of bread and butter and I might have something along the lines of a toaster unit. I also have a small generator I can bring to help out
 thinker15
Msg: 19 (view)

Northern Alberta Campout July 5-7
Posted: 6/7/2013 8:52:53 PM
So how much trouble would I be in if I showed up with my evil pixie in tow LOL after all she does play dead good when she has to
 thinker15
Msg: 194 (view)

2012 Southern Alberta Singles Campout At FT Macleod
Posted: 6/19/2012 10:56:19 AM
can't get a fire going?? one word NAPALM! OK me very bad thinking of that movie quote " Nothing like the smell of napalm in the morning" I have a load of wood for use but it would be nice to unload it as I DO NOT want to be bringing it home I loaded by myself so if we can't get it unloaded that's going to make some look like real girly men LOL
 thinker15
Msg: 170 (view)

Posted: 6/15/2012 8:45:25 PM
Well I just finished fighting with some monster chunks of wood. I have a full load but some of the chunks are way to big to work with. These are from a 70 foot tall poplar and some are 3 feet across! Now if one were to throw it in the firepit it might take a couple of days to burnup LOL Splitting these monsters is proving to be a challenge if I had a 30 ton splitter might be ok but I don't have such a beast. Now I think I can only get less than half of the pile I have here loaded onto the trailer would need 2 pickup trucks to take the rest I think. Now I would really like to get all of this out of here so if anyone wants firewood come and get it.
 thinker15
Msg: 161 (view)

Posted: 6/11/2012 2:15:37 PM
OK I have gotten things taken care of so I WILL be there! Now I am bringing the infamous "Froggy" and some firewood too. Now the firewood is in big chunks but I will be bringing my splitting maul so we can have a mini lumberjack contest splitting. OH OH I just had a bad thought AKA Monty Python's "Lumberjacks???" ME BAD!! lets hope there are not a lot of wildflowers LOL Now I might be able to tuneup an extra bike I have here it has front suspension and adjustable back suspension with a comfort seat. But it no one needs it let me know and I will not bother with bringing it.
 thinker15
Msg: 158 (view)

Posted: 6/10/2012 5:31:12 PM
Spidey senses??? oh lord next thing we will see DDD in the cookhouse with a piglet going "Spider pig spider pig" LOL
 thinker15
Msg: 118 (view)

Labour day weekend campout at Ft Macleod Sept 2 to 5 th 2011
Posted: 8/28/2011 12:29:39 PM
Ok now I have one of those "Big Blue Jugs" for water I have also set it up with a hot water maker so that might help. I have tested out this contraption and it works nicely I will be there with the RV "CC" and it has a full water tank as well. Now if need be I can use the outside shower hook up to supply hot water as well. Not sure what to bring for potluck yet have options on several things will wait ans see what is needed most! I also will be there on thursday unless I have to run to the hat to kidnap someone, if so I will have to stop somewhere and pick up pink duct tape for that deed
 thinker15
Msg: 90 (view)

Labour day weekend campout at Ft Macleod Sept 2 to 5 th 2011
Posted: 8/14/2011 8:24:47 AM
NOT a good idea to poke me with a stick! My killer chihuahua has been know to take a chunk out of people who try and do that to me! If one wants to see a instant transformation into killer psycho puppy you just have to be nasty to me and it is NOT pretty! But folks are so nice that never happens so no one believes me when I warn about it!
 thinker15
Msg: 46 (view)

Labour day weekend campot at Ft Macleod Sept2 to 5 th 2011
Posted: 7/24/2011 8:52:13 PM
Well I better show up with my killer guard dog chihuahua Pixie LOL It looks like we might have a few furry clowns maybe. Not sure what I will be using for camping yet but I have several options so not a problem. Now as for a costume to take a line from a movie and change it a little " Costume??? I don't need no stinkin costume!!" I am scarey enough as it is LOL
 thinker15
Msg: 145 (view)

Southern Ab Annual Campout at FT Macleod, Friday June 24-27
Posted: 6/17/2011 8:23:28 AM
OK I am confused so the locks on DDD's trailer are to keep him from escaping??? They need time to apply the furry handcuffs, pink duct tape and rope??
 thinker15
Msg: 99 (view)

Posted: 5/27/2011 1:34:11 PM
"THEY ARE COMING TO TAKE ME AWAY HA HA!!! THOSE NICE YOUNG MEN IN THEIR CLEAN WHITE COATS! THEY ARE COMING TO TAKE ME AWAYYYYY! OK now I have to make sure I have enough basket weaving supplies on hand does anyone have a empty semi to hold enough for this bunch?? ME SOOOO BADDDD
 thinker15
Msg: 73 (view)

Posted: 5/15/2011 6:27:50 PM
Well lets see I have one of those walkers in my junk pile so with a chainsaw motor and some tinkering I think we might be able to get cooker up to say 60KPH maybe??
 thinker15
Msg: 57 (view)

Posted: 5/4/2011 7:23:07 PM
OK DDD I will have to find those special 3D X-ray glasses for you but I have no idea where they went to. But what I should do is pack the pop up shower stall I have for the exterior shower on my van. If one is going to things they should be done right
 thinker15
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 4/20/2011 7:16:58 PM
DD I have done some research and sorry but titanium is non magnetic that's one of the reasons they use it for spare parts so after wards a person can have a MRI and not have a part go shooting through a wall LOL But one other thing we could do is build a helper machine for her knee with a couple of electoservos and a proton pack and boost the power with a Flux Capacitor then set up a remote control for onehot. Only problem is if he gets itchy fingers she might be doing a "River dance" Or if he has to many shooters she will be making the sound from the old show about the guy with extra rebuilt parts "DA DA DA DA" and she will be going in slow motion??
 thinker15
Msg: 7 (view)

Southern Ab Annual Campout at FT Macleod
Posted: 3/24/2011 9:28:34 PM
OK I guess I am going to have to bring "Freakenstein" I put a new motor on him last summer and he has been field tested for gopher holes. I tested him in a place with lots of gopher holes and they were no problem! Now I best not put his big yellow umbrella on him for if the wind picks up cooker will be in lethbridge real quick LOL. He should be helpful as he can seat 3 comfy and has room on the back for coolers full of shooter stuff. He is not to loud and does not go real fast so if one has slow reflexes from to much medication we are still safe from being run over. Lets hope onehot51 doesn't do a tim taylor on him and soups him up into a hot rod LOL We might have to worry if he knows how to put a blower on a briggs engine. OK me bad
 thinker15
Msg: 69 (view)

Southern Alberta Over 35 POF Campout at Fort MacLeod September 3, 4, 5 and leave on the 6th.
Posted: 7/27/2010 7:00:30 PM
Well I may not have to worry to much after all I have a killer guard chihuahua protecting me LOL But I am so skinny you would not need much tape anyway. But the thought of the ladies trying to better Red Green now that gets scary LOL
 thinker15
Msg: 337 (view)

Over 35 Southern Alberta campout at Fort Macleod June 25,26 and 27th / 2010
Posted: 6/24/2010 7:12:29 PM
I am starting to wonder if folks are going to be mean and duct tape folks to chairs and fill those people with shooters, maybe practicing the bagpipes at 6 am after all that drinking might be in order to avenge all the meanies. Oh I can be evil when innocent folks picked on at the very least the sound of generators will be nothing to complain about LOL
 thinker15
Msg: 145 (view)

Over 35 Southern Alberta campout at Fort Macleod June 25,26 and 27th / 2010
Posted: 5/21/2010 7:37:11 AM
OK OK I have signed up I might not have my trailer will have to use a alternate means but I have a couple of options. Now I am not so sure with being a "OLD FART" and this talk of "Dangly balls" and what not I am starting to wonder is it safe?? but not to worry I have my killer guard watch dog Chihuahua PIXIE with me. LOL I have all the camping stuff needed but I will not be able to bring "Froggie" for folks to ride if I can't get the truck going oh well I will be there anyway! And before I forget DDDiesel put me down for a full rack of ribs please!
 thinker15
Msg: 40 (view)

Pictures of Ft Macleod singles campout labour day weekend
Posted: 12/16/2009 10:04:28 AM
THANKS DDDesiel!!

That works well for me as Munchkin should be not be here those dates and I am free to attend both times. I just hope I am still able to drive by then but I think I will be fine I am not going downhill that fast. Pixie should not have any trouble as long as there are not any big dogs that see her as a nice light snack She is such a big chicken. But when you hear of some of the things going on you can't blame her She could wind up as ammo in a red bra being used as a double barreled slingshot. OK now I am being bad!
 thinker15
Msg: 100 (view)

calgary flames, line jumpers
Posted: 11/7/2009 10:49:06 PM
OK the vaccine does not work this way but WHAT IF and I mean a BIG WHAT IF. Having gotten the shot a person does not get the flu but still transmits the virus to others, then by giving this shot to the flames we have made a team of " Typhoid Mary's" infecting thousands! If this happened would we still think that these clowns as so great and wonderful??
 thinker15
Msg: 35 (view)

Posted: 9/19/2009 10:56:06 AM
I am sorry I think the image of DDDeisel running around in longjohns wearing a lai and humming "Spiderman spiderman does what ever a spider can" should keep him safe But then again what do I know
 thinker15
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 9/13/2009 6:20:19 PM
ok I added a few more and avoided any mention of erection one has to be careful with this bunch things can go ANYWHERE if taken the wrong way! The picture of weewink is tastful I think but what do I know ( I am so kerfuddled) I have yet to see any pictures of the infamous "Froggie" with me and my co-pilot
 thinker15
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 9/10/2009 11:41:10 PM
I am not sure if I should post the pictures I have. Pixie is not going to hire a lawyer or come unglued if I post hers I am in enough trouble as it is so I think I should just stay quiet and out of trouble
 thinker15
Msg: 6 (view)

Posted: 9/10/2009 8:44:48 PM
I have a couple of the "Horse" pictures PLEASE DON"T MAKE ME USE THEM!
 thinker15
Msg: 227 (view)

over 35 southern alberta campout at Fort Macleod Sept 4 ,5 6,7
Posted: 9/4/2009 7:16:31 AM
A person does not have to worry about not getting any help setting up ones tent! there is a whole crew that jump into action at the smallest sign of a damsel in distress. I have helped MANY setup their tent and I do not have a suit of armor (Although that might not be a bad idea) but then I would have to worry about can openers and the indiscriminate use of said device. Nor do I have a white horse, all I have is a goofy tiny black and white dog who could be mistaken for a gopher with a gland problem. For all those fence sitters good points have been made to take a chance join this fun bunch and have a great time, and not to worry some harmless folks like myself have extra beds in their trailers so people have a WARM place to sleep and no "HOT ROCKS" needed (by the way the rocks do not last the night and by 3 am you are not a happy camper) I am distressed by unhappy campers that is NO FUN!
 thinker15
Msg: 200 (view)

Posted: 9/2/2009 7:20:34 PM
well my new camping fridge runs on 12 volt, 110 volts, and propane so I will have a cool spot for my tapioca pudding. I also have other things that make "roughing it" not so rough. I have a couple of stoves and a BBQ as well so I think not finding a spot to cook on is highly unlikely. And I have stated before I have an extra tent as well, god only knows what other things I have in the hiding places in my trailer might even find Mr Yamamoto a little guy who don't know the war is over
 thinker15
Msg: 174 (view)

Posted: 9/1/2009 2:34:57 PM
OH DEAR!! now I have that silly tune in my head " There are coming to take me away HAHA to the happy home with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who twiddle their thumbs and toes HAHA" Well now some have wondered what the hell is a "Froggie" I have a picture on my profile now of him painted a fluorescent green! Now if a person can put the clues together they can figure out why the name
 thinker15
Msg: 158 (view)

Posted: 8/30/2009 2:16:33 PM
well ith all this chat "catching guys" I wonder if I can come up with some stealth features on "froggie" or I might need armor maybe more gears for greater speed, supercharger, Nitrious oxide, rocket fuel or who knows what special options I could put on him. I best no get to carried away he could be a VERY strange machine then maybe even kinky oh me getting bad now I best stop and let the master take over DDD??
 thinker15
Msg: 127 (view)

Posted: 8/27/2009 4:25:34 PM
well I have signed up and I have been asked if I am bringing "Froggie" YES I am bringing "Froggie" he has a new paint job and major modifications since the last try out. Now with the latest mods he has hit 70 kph or so and could go faster yet! I have extra bed space some of which is spoken for and I only have 2 smilie face coffee mugs for morning coffee. OK now let the gossip fly
 thinker15
Msg: 73 (view)

Posted: 8/5/2009 10:01:19 PM
now I don't eat breakkie but am well known for making coffee and serving it in the morning
 thinker15
Msg: 59 (view)

Posted: 7/31/2009 7:42:28 PM
But dddiesel you forget when it gets cold they heat up those rocks in the campfire to stay warm at night. Then say they were cold in the tents all night instead of using the extra beds we have in our warm trailers. I do not like to see anyone in distress in any way
 thinker15
Msg: 3 (view)

Money Making Idea's....
Posted: 7/15/2009 4:15:19 PM
Well my off beat hobby is starting to turn into a money maker, was not supposed to do that! I find old busted up bikes and other things then turn them into one of a kind special needs machines, I have pictures of a couple on the profile. Now these recumbent trikes I make now can retail for thousands but I do NOT charge stupid prices like that! I like to play around with my MIG welder and come up with special things for folks and each one is a custom build! I tend to only make these for disabled folks as part of their therapy needs. And the process is part of MY therapy I wonder does this make me a recovering "Dr Frankenstein"
 thinker15
Msg: 5 (view)

Smoking in public bars and restaurants
Posted: 7/6/2009 6:47:19 AM
yes paint can help with the third hand smoke. The most extreme solution is what happened to my local watering hole! It burnt to the ground on new years day It is now being rebuilt so it will be very nice when finished. They had real good food there but the lingering cigarette stench bothered myself and others. The place was called Annabelle's it will now rise from the ashes! It was a fun place with karaoke and live bands once in awhile so it might be a place to think about for a meet and greet for folks who want to get away from the big city
 thinker15

southern alberta singles campout in Fort Macleod
Posted: 7/3/2009 3:40:16 PM
yes I would be IN so to speak. True camping does not require power in my opinion, one sets up and enjoys the chance to get away from the same,ol same,ol. With this bunch I think one would have a good time in any case!
 thinker15
Msg: 13 (view)

Taber Camp Out Pictures
Posted: 7/1/2009 5:56:26 PM
OK I looked at the group picture and if you look hard enough "Pixie is smack dab in the middle! I only managed a couple of doggie pictures I figured they would not get mad at me for taking the pictures guyoldguy am sure glad you had a good time and yes the dddiesel's ribs were awesome! as always

Wayne
 thinker15
Msg: 482 (view)

Singles Over 35 Campout in Southeast Alberta June 26th!
Posted: 6/16/2009 10:23:10 PM
The back of a car is not the most comfy place to sleep and I have extra beds that would help avoid folks looking like a pretzel in the morning I can't have folks copying the way I am in the morning now! I am thinking the best way to wake up weewink is a nice cup of black coffee served in bed. But I could be wrong it would not be the first time
 thinker15
Msg: 463 (view)

Singles Over 35 Campout in Southeast Alberta June 26th!
Posted: 6/15/2009 1:50:34 PM
OK OK After being at the BBQ on Saturday and everyone giving me the "NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!!!" as to whether I was going or not I WILL be there! Now in my trailer I have 3 extra beds and I also have a tent as well so no excuses for folks with no camping gear not to attend!! All they have to bring is blankets or sleeping bag and pillow! I will also be bringing "Pixie" as well, so those who are wondering what a black and white "hamster with a hormone problem" looks like can see Now if I can get it finished in time I will try to bring the latest crazy machine I am making too.
 thinker15
Msg: 248 (view)

singles over 35 southeastern alberta campout in taber
Posted: 5/14/2009 8:11:25 PM
I have been quietly watching this thread for awhile and to paraphrase Shakespeare,

"To attend or not to attend that is the question is it noble to suffer the stings of Hot Rocks and Shooters??"

Ok me bad!!
 thinker15
Msg: 23 (view)

Southeastern Alberta Over 35 Campout (Taber Alberta) June 26-28 ,2009
Posted: 3/5/2009 2:15:06 PM
dddiesel I maybe think folks are still recovering from the group of those funny looking black and white cats you had. You may not be aware that some folks are concerned with those aromantic kitties. Or maybe thats not the kind of "Wildlife" they are talking about
 thinker15

Southeastern Alberta Over 35 Campout (Taber Alberta) June 26-28 ,2009
Posted: 2/27/2009 7:10:43 PM
YES YES YES! I have missed a couple of campouts and would very much like to attend this one. At this time of year there should not be a need for "Hot rocks" and with my camper trailer I don't need those anyway. I tend to be in my unit all alone so thats no problem either
 thinker15
Msg: 12 (view)

Lethbridge-Henderson Park Social #2 SEPT 14
Posted: 9/10/2008 7:21:38 PM
hi there I will be there like last time but being a quiet type I tend to be invisible LOL I will bring one of thos party trays with a dip if thats ok. I do not play a instrument (don't think a mig welder is what folks are thinking besides not musical at all)
 thinker15
Msg: 5 (view)

LETHBRIDGE - Henderson Lake Picnic Social - SAT AUG 16
Posted: 7/26/2008 1:58:25 PM
I will be free on that weekend and would love to attend I may have a friend coming with me maybe? I can bring a dessert for the potluck.
 thinker15
Msg: 192 (view)

Southeast Alberta Over 35 Singles Campout at Taber, Alberta.. June 28, 29, 30
Posted: 6/3/2008 7:36:03 AM
OK Weewink you do not have to worry about people taking pictures of your butt my camper has a deadbolt lock so no rude surprises and no dragging by the feet either to worry about Oh and by the way all my shots are up to date and I do not sleep walk LOL
 thinker15
Msg: 182 (view)

Posted: 6/2/2008 7:34:09 PM
OK I just signed up for the crazies LOL If I can get a site with power have a fridge and microwave for goodies. I have extra beds for those who do not have camping stuff I figure why should someone miss out on the fun because they do not have the gear.
 thinker15
Msg: 166 (view)

Posted: 6/1/2008 11:46:22 AM
dddiesel that sounds alot like a machine I built I call freakenstein there is a picture of him on my profile I think. he even has a big umbrella on him to avoid sunburn My machine will seat 3 easy and is gas motor powered OH the things I make out of scrap LOL
 thinker15
Msg: 9 (view)

Wii
Posted: 5/25/2008 11:00:25 AM
Yes I have gotten a Wii as well . My mother who is getting up in years finds it fun and with the internet connection can get weather and news feeds as well. Great investment the Mario cart we just got is a lot of fun she gets a kick out of what the characters do like say "bye bye" as they pass. And yes it is very good to encourage movement for anybody play it much and one can "Feel the burn"
 thinker15

Over 40 campouts this summer
Posted: 2/21/2008 12:50:17 PM
I should have the camper trailer inside all finished by then and will need a shakedown trip! Will have extra beds so folks will not need to use "Hot Rocks" as my unit is much warmer than a tent
 thinker15

Alone at Christmas?
Posted: 11/28/2007 7:01:28 PM
well in past years what I have had the chance to do is spend Christmas at Camp Horizon with many past students of mine! A great time to say the least pure joy!!
 thinker15
Msg: 2 (view)

W5 internet dating
Posted: 11/4/2007 9:53:13 AM
The question I have why did they only use MALE examples this knife can cut both ways!! There are users out there thats a fact
 thinker15
Msg: 13 (view)

wedding songs
Posted: 11/3/2007 4:25:52 PM
Well the tune the Ex had at my wedding was Bette Middlers "Wind beneth my wings" Don't think anyone would feel that way these days LOL

Show ALL Forums