Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Who likes coffee for a frist date??
 sasakigirl
Msg: 350 (view)

Who likes coffee for a frist date??
Posted: 9/26/2008 7:01:15 AM
I have read these and have had a good laugh. keyzgu, you are hitting the nail on the head any woman who is worth meeting shouldn't expect dinner, may want dinner, but to expect it. Common on. I am currently involved in a relationship that began with coffee. I just expected coffee and conversation, and yes it was just like an interview for a job, you put your best foot forward to make an impression and hope for the best. And yes, if it works.....then dinner. But if shoes is limited on time, because of work and children, then get involved in some other way to meet single men who have the same problem. You know men work, men have children that they raise, some men have two full time jobs, things are so different in this society today. We are all so fast paced and we make the best of it all. So take the time to get to know the person before coffee, be willing to talked several times before the "coffee" date, and yes most of us are in a hurry to get something started. But the "coffee interview" worked for me. So good luck with whatever you find. Yes I still come to the site to see what the forums have to say.....Sasakigirl.....
 sasakigirl
Msg: 33 (view)

Before I delete my profile
Posted: 8/27/2008 8:08:32 AM
Just read your rant. Don't give it up. Ranting is good, in fact it is great. There will be that first one that breaks your heart, and maybe like me it will happen two or three times more, and yes it seems that that pain will never go away. I lost mine 20 years ago, raised our son alone he is now 21. I dated three years later and when that short relationship ended it was like not only was he gone by the death was all so real again. But again I forged on and met someone else who didn't break my heart, but this last one stepped across that line using the L word and then broke my heart, so it may take years and years it may not, but I think to myself, I can give up or not. Just remember every step of the way will form who you will forever become, the happy, sad, and the bitter will find its way, not a day goes by that I'm still not angry that my husband died too soon and left me alone. But I happen to know I have the tools to keep going and yes probably will get my heart broken again, and maybe again, but someday, sometime, maybe the next one will be the one.
 Sasakigirl
Msg: 330 (view)

Hi just had a date from hell....again
Posted: 7/6/2008 6:30:05 PM
Well, now I can honestly say that I have never had a date, that I wasn't treated to the date. So I guess I have been blessed not to have dated the gentlemen you have had the misfortune to date. Believe me, even the ones you may ever date again, if they are truly a gentleman, will pay for the date, if they have asked you out. Even if you have asked them out most men I have found will pick up the bill. Good luck and maybe go to a less expensive place on the first date.

Show ALL Forums