Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Suspicious email
 TryAgan
Msg: 3 (view)

Suspicious email
Posted: 3/22/2014 1:09:48 PM
Thank you, Otto

So, it looks like they hijacked at least one POF account and also they intruded thetrustee.co website.
Most likely, more such emails were sent from that POF account. I will now report that account.

Have a great weekend!
 TryAgan
Msg: 1 (view)

Suspicious email
Posted: 3/22/2014 9:14:56 AM
Last night, I received an email from a lady with 8 pictures - some generic text with an invitation to email her directly at outlook.com

Her profile and pictures looked OK, so I sent her a short email, and today I received a one line email:
"I upload new picture which I will like you to view and tell me if i look good in it or not - psl keep them safe if you like it .. click on this link and view them"

www.thetrustee.co/widgets/pof/start.aspx.htm

I clicked on it and there is a strange screen which prompts me to enter name and password, mentioning plentyoffish.
I stopped right there, but forgot to exit immediately from that screen. Is there any chance to get infected this way?

Anybody else receiving similar email?
 TryAgan
Msg: 134 (view)

Why do Men of a Certain Age HATE Facebook?
Posted: 5/15/2013 10:47:18 PM
I don't hate it all, I'm not even on it.
 TryAgan
Msg: 112 (view)

Why cant i find a man willing to commit
Posted: 4/10/2013 11:28:25 PM
I presume the OP presented her question for a specific reason specifically on the Ontario group.
If this question is aimed squarely at the Ontario men, I would think it has something to do with the damp winters near Lake Ontario. Instead of committing for a full year to an Ontario resident, some men leave in the late fall for Florida or Mexico, and return only in the spring along with the tundra swans. If you want to catch them on their return journey, the Fort Erie or Windsor crossings would be ideal for interception. For the tundra swans, Long Point or Point Peelee would work much better.
 TryAgan
Msg: 1 (view)

Bird Photography at Point Peelee and Long Point
Posted: 4/10/2013 10:39:18 PM
I was wondering if anybody has recently photographed bird migrations at Point Peelee or Long Point parks on Lake Erie and which birds can one expect to see there in the next month ? Is there any interest in an group outing in one of these places?

I noticed there were several photography threads in the ancient times of this forum, but no recent ones. Are the POFers switching again from photography to painting classes or are they all so rambunctious that they would scare all wildlife away?
 TryAgan
Msg: 198 (view)

Are we getting harder as we get older?
Posted: 12/30/2012 4:49:41 PM
Msg 224

We are getting softer not harder, we let every little thing affect us.

Very true. Just got off another forum (a non-dating site), and an older fellow got so upset by receiving the "dislike" action (thumb down) that he stopped posting. This was a very regular and active poster, quite liked by most, so they started to inquire what happened. Turns out, he had a heart problem and suffered depression, and the aforementioned critique was too much for him, he has to take a break now.
The moral - be nice to your fellow debaters (or get off those mean forums).
 TryAgan
Msg: 174 (view)

Are we getting harder as we get older?
Posted: 12/20/2012 7:57:27 AM

but in fact unless you are 6 ft 2 plus, movie star looks and a back roll to dance them all over the country, and when there done with that, off to the courts for another cash infusion, there isnt one woman on this site that is truly down to earth

True, there are many psychotic women, who fool and suck men dry, but there are also men who do the same to the women (at least that's what some women told me).
 tryagan
Msg: 88 (view)

Dropping a bomb after 5 months
Posted: 12/5/2012 12:48:53 AM

"Ejection fraction" represents the amount of blood pumped by the heart during each heartbeat. 20% is quite low. Google it to read more.

I got over 14 million hits but most of them relate to "fracking". Some of them are quite graphic:

A slang term for hydraulic fracturing. Fracking refers to the procedure of creating fractures in solid formations by injecting fluid into cracks to force them further open.
 TryAgan
Msg: 133 (view)

Breaking your dry spell ...
Posted: 11/29/2012 11:55:37 PM

I don't have trouble attracting men... and some men find my profile humorous, find me approachable. I get favorited. Got favorited tonight by a very classy guy, no less... ;) ...

You know, this is great place to be favorited. Who needs a real partner?
 tryagan
Msg: 33 (view)

LTR Potential with Double High Risk Professionals
Posted: 11/26/2012 2:39:22 AM

try dating a gynocologist...

I knew a photographer who specialized in glamour photography, and after 20 years of shooting scantily dressed actresses and models, he couldn't take it anymore. Eventually, he started to produce vampire and other gory scenes. It saved his sanity.

Another guy used to be a cop on the beat who was attacked and stabbed a few times on the job. When he retired, he became a studio photographer specializing in shooting deserts and salads. Has a girl friend, though and things are going well. Much safer to shoot sweets than some drunken bozos.

Now, when it comes to female psychotherapists, many are indeed delusional and on dating agencies they post routinely ten years old photos of themselves. Many teachers I came across, appeared quite rigid, thinking in black-and-white, and quite often with bossy tendencies. There must be some loose ones around but they haven't crossed my path yet.
 tryagan
Msg: 68 (view)

How young is too young for a 69 year old man
Posted: 10/23/2012 10:50:52 PM

When I had rottweiler(s) a good amount of men asked me to have a meet and greet, then emailed back to cancel because they were afraid of rottweilers.

Maybe, they were afraid of a woman who was not afraid of rottweilers.
 tryagan
Msg: 115 (view)

Are they really this active?
Posted: 10/17/2012 11:30:57 PM

As someone stated you don't have to be in great shape to skydive, kayak or ride a motorbike. I run a half hour on a treadmill, skydive, kayak but haven't killed a grizzly with my bare hands. Have to keep an eye out for polar bears though, seriously!

I know what you mean. Here. in Toronto, usually, we don't see the polar bears until early January, but with this warm weather lately, you never know when they will show up.
 tryagan
Msg: 105 (view)

A School Girl Crush at 60?
Posted: 10/15/2012 8:45:15 PM

Yes you can google the term sexual anorexia.

Good read. I also googled "opposite of annorexia" and got the following:

Muscle dysmorphia (bigorexia) is a subtype of body dysmorphic disorder, which in itself is a variant of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Sometimes called bigorexia, muscle dysmorphia is the opposite of anorexia nervosa. People with this disorder obsess about being too small and frail and undeveloped. Even if they have good muscle mass, they believe their muscles are inadequate. Usually, about half of people with this problem are so convinced of their perceived smallness.

One would deduce that the sexual bigorexia refers just to one or two selected muscles.
 tryagan
Msg: 22 (view)

Dating in 40s & 50s compared to 20s/30s
Posted: 10/14/2012 6:00:09 PM

There we go...I look 4 character, if they have that, there is a starting point...

Yeah, here we call those jerks also "characters".
 tryagan
Msg: 74 (view)

Dropping a bomb after 5 months
Posted: 10/14/2012 4:15:16 PM

What would you do if after asking someone to go out after work they told you, they get tired easier because they have a ejection fraction of 20 and one day they will be a canidate for a heart transplant?

At least you know, what you are up against.
Most people who were killed by heart attacks, didn't get any warnings.
At the other extreme are guys like Dick Cheney with multiple bypasses who are still lethaly dangerous to their friends and foes.
 tryagan
Msg: 17 (view)

Dating in 40s & 50s compared to 20s/30s
Posted: 10/14/2012 4:00:16 PM
Rarely do you ever see out of the close to 150 people composed of both sexes that they couple. I honestly only know of one couple that has been dating now for 2 years. Most will prefer to remain single and just attend these gatherings.

I agree with the first sentence. I've been to similar gatherings, but as I observed, most singles there would prefer to find a partner. On the other hand, Montrealers have been always known to be quite different from your regular singles.
 tryagan
Msg: 15 (view)

Youth needs to be picky about the future
Posted: 10/14/2012 3:53:07 PM

B4 I got married in my 20's men threw themselves at me all the time- I ccould pick & choose & was treated like a princess...now...OMG! I am going to be very careful of their BEHAVIORS...

In other words:
Before you didn't worry about their behaviors, and now they stopped throwing themselves at you.
 tryagan
Msg: 27 (view)

Final divorce papers...
Posted: 10/14/2012 1:18:40 PM

Seems to be nowadays that as soon as solicitors get hold of a divorce case they cant wait to get it done, rubber stamped and their fees - No thought about any possible reconciliation

It's a big business now. Many parties in the industry (lawyers, mediators, counsellors, real-estate agents) find it to their advantage to steer couples away from any reconcilation efforts so that they can start the billing.
 tryagan
Msg: 24 (view)

Hot Flashes
Posted: 10/13/2012 7:30:57 AM

The mood and emotions swing up and down as well, this I find difficult to deal with.

Don't drive them too hard. When they get tired (even after a long hike or drive), they can get really cranky. The mood switches very quickly from pleasant to mean. Be gentle, get out of her way, and let her rest.
 tryagan
Msg: 109 (view)

Are they really this active?
Posted: 10/13/2012 7:16:40 AM
I am not overly active and don't frequent any gym, but most women, even younger ones cannot keep up with me on hiking or paddling trips.
Although most women regularly do aerobics, yoga, or pilates, that doesn't seem to help so much on those kind of outings. I am sure, that there are some women who would outwalk me or wrestle me to the ground, but the overwhelming majority prefers leisurely strolls around the fleamarket or botanical garden.
 tryagan
Msg: 9 (view)

Dating over 45 - Hope vs Optimism
Posted: 10/13/2012 7:03:45 AM

I wonder if the quote is a translation from a language other than English? That would explain why it sounds a little disjointed to me.

Vaclav Havel was a Czech playwright and president. That quote sounds a little bit unnatural even in Czech.
He also said: "The tragedy of modern man is not that he knows less and less about the meaning of his own life, but that it bothers him less and less."
 tryagan
Msg: 60 (view)

Is dating over 55 the sweet spot for men?
Posted: 10/11/2012 3:01:02 AM

Also a woman I knew experienced her lover dying in the middle of coitus - pretty awful

For some awful, for others the best way to go.
 tryagan
Msg: 49 (view)

Do u dress up or dress down on a first meetup?
Posted: 7/16/2012 11:00:56 PM
I dress up but the level depends on the destination.
Obviously, I always shower and change my clothes and make an effort with my appearance.

If we went to opera, I would put on my dark suit. But since usually the meetings detoriate to a walk in the park, I wear jeans and long-sleeve cotton shirt. In early spring, I don a mosquito vest.

I definitely shower for the third date.
 tryagan
Msg: 133 (view)

Would you date someone who admitted to previous affairs
Posted: 7/16/2012 10:57:00 PM
To summarize - I read the whole 7 pages of this thread, and I'm finding that some posters think that 90% of the general population cheat, then there are some who are sure the most people don't cheat, and then there are some who admit that quite a few people may cheat, but they wouldn' date them. And then there are few compassionate souls who are willing to listen to the story and look at the real person. I think, we may need another 7 pages to sort it out.
 tryagan
Msg: 66 (view)

Middle aged man, new Camaro
Posted: 6/26/2012 9:46:01 AM

OK, I bought a new Camaro.

Camaro? For that money, you could buy a really nice camera.
 tryagan
Msg: 27 (view)

Dating Snafu - MONOLOGUES
Posted: 6/25/2012 11:37:36 PM

However that much cycling every weekend makes me wonder if he is preparing to compete in some event? Secondly will that mean he is too pooped to date on the weekends?

Never mind if he can date on weekends. I would worry more about the effect of sitting too long on that bicycle seat.
The narrow saddle is associated with significant reductions in penile blood flow and could be a source of blunt perineal trauma, potentially leading to erectile dysfunction. That's one situation where the wide Harley seat looks much more attractive.
 tryagan
Msg: 14 (view)

Just a little Insight...No Bashers Please
Posted: 5/30/2012 3:30:55 PM

He even counted how many beers he had, wines he had and amount of sun he got.

But did he get those totals right?
 tryagan
Msg: 14 (view)

Sincerely with Our Dogs and Cats in our Middle Ages????
Posted: 5/18/2012 10:54:40 AM

My border collie and cat are as important to me as my family and friends. So if you have allergies or issues with dog and or cat hair, trust me I will not give them up for you.

Is he kidding??????? Granted, the dog (and cat) is man's best friend, but literally??? So should this allergy ridden fishette write anyway, or should she take him at his literal word?

Nothing to worry about, who knows what will happen down the road.
By the time they get to know each other really well, the cat can die, the dog may perish, or the pet owner will lose his memory. Or you could get an assertive rottweiler.
 tryagan
Msg: 21 (view)

Lifetime POF'rs...
Posted: 5/6/2012 6:31:32 PM

Relationships should be like fast food. needs to happen fast.

Fast food may lead to diabetes that may in turn lead to limb and organ amputations.
 tryagan
Msg: 29 (view)

Advice :)
Posted: 5/6/2012 4:44:32 PM

I need some tips as to how to really let go and have some fun

In Public Speaking classes they tell you to pretend that audience is naked.
Works every time. Next time (depending on the looks of your partner), you may try that.
 tryagan
Msg: 4 (view)

MId-Life Crisis and how it affects dating
Posted: 5/5/2012 10:18:27 PM
At younger age, I didn't need mattress.
Actually, it's for a well deserved nap after a hard day of skiing or paddling. Or whatever comes up.
 tryagan
Msg: 2 (view)

MId-Life Crisis and how it affects dating
Posted: 5/5/2012 10:09:32 PM
Actually, I find the van much more convenient at this age. Just throw out the back seats and put in a firm mattress.
 tryagan
Msg: 34 (view)

Damage Control
Posted: 5/1/2012 6:57:13 PM

( What do you do with a friend who has done this, and how to do I explain to my guy that I am not playing the field?

Well, with friend like that you don't need enemies. I don't think associating with her will help you in future endeavours.
 tryagan
Msg: 45 (view)

Dating Ages
Posted: 5/1/2012 6:32:44 PM

I'm pretty sure it's against site rules to be advertising your business in your profile.

Furthermore, "professional photographer" and a rate of $25.00 for 1 hour of photography and subsequent photoshopping seem mutually exclusive.
 tryagan
Msg: 47 (view)

Is love necessary in marriage?
Posted: 5/1/2012 6:05:30 PM

I think that 'romantic love' is a myth. I don't think it exists.

What is a myth, is the assumption there everybody thinks like you do and that there is only one type of relationship.
Different people look at love differently, and many will be quite content with their concept of love.
And there are some who will never attain it.

So, essentially, what I'm hearing for most of the thread is that marriage isn't the big deal, love is.

Love and marriage are two different things. But not necessarily exclusive.

>>> Great posts from ForumFilly, ItsMargo, and Welsh. Bookmark them.

Personally, I'd rather go through five passionate and crazy romances than one rational relationship without love.

TryAgan
Msg: 11 (view)

meds when u r older & side effects
Posted: 4/29/2012 6:27:43 PM

anyone in here have to take meds after age 45, whether temporary or long term, only to deal w/ side effects, like insomnia or crazy dreams?

I don't take any meds, but if I ingest too much roughage, it's usually accompanied by serious side effects.
Even worse can be the trips to Mexico.
 tryagan
Msg: 324 (view)

Women's Financial Status
Posted: 4/11/2012 7:01:00 PM

Ok, say a woman is on POF who is 'pretty', or 'attractive', self supporting, working, paying the bills, but little discretionary income...And she is asked out by an attractive man..not rich but has a career, and no kids. It is not wrong for her to date this particular man NOT because she expects him to provide for her, but because he is a nice, down to earth, attractive guy, (which ain't easy to find on POF).

There is absolutely nothing wrong with her dating a nice guy. Also nothing wrong with him dating a nice and attractive woman. They could be very happy, dating doesn't have to be expensive. The good thing is that the woman of meagre means is used to a modest lifestyle and won't make big and sudden demands on him.
 tryagan
Msg: 323 (view)

Women's Financial Status
Posted: 4/11/2012 6:46:09 PM

I certainly didn't advocate looking for "wealth" as a relationship priority...LOL! even though I did jokingly tease Moon about going for the Mazaratti.

For a while, I was thinking you mean Maserati, but now I see you are talking about some old fart with the name of Mazaratti.
 tryagan
Msg: 263 (view)

Women's Financial Status
Posted: 4/9/2012 7:41:21 AM

-it kinda shows he's not a serial dater.

Faulty logic! If the man picks up always the tab on his dates, it doesn't matter to him if he goes out exclusively with one woman, or if he is sampling multiple ones. Considering the incurred costs, changing the scenery seems more appealing.

tryagan
Msg: 191 (view)

When someone points out that you're old..
Posted: 4/8/2012 10:25:37 PM
Last summer when I tried to get into a nearby provincial park at the senior rate, they told me that I'm too young.
 tryagan
Msg: 45 (view)

Do older women still act as feminine and older men as masculine?
Posted: 4/8/2012 10:23:40 PM
I don't know about old men, but with older women, it often depends on the location.
I find that in the bed, most act quite feminine. Not necessarily behind the driving wheel.
 tryagan
Msg: 31 (view)

If a person initiates contact with you on POF, do you expect for them to have read your profile?
Posted: 4/8/2012 10:14:07 PM
If they don't read my profile, I put them into the same category as the guys who are calling me every week with an offer to clean my air ducts.
 tryagan
Msg: 20 (view)

Should I feel slighted?
Posted: 4/8/2012 10:09:56 PM
^^^
Giggles is spot on as usual.
Feeling slighted is one thing, dealing with an opportunity is another.
If you were interested in him in first place and are available, why not talk to him now that he is free? If not, thank him for the interest and move on.
 tryagan
Msg: 255 (view)

Women's Financial Status
Posted: 4/8/2012 9:51:54 PM

So if we already start out at a financial disadvantage, then have the additional fiscal responsibility of child rearing...ahem, sorry when I was raising my kids, no, I was not gonna go Dutch.

There are plenty of women who are getting the same money or more than men - working as teachers, dentists, doctors, programmers, designers, lawyers, truck drivers, prime ministers, pilots, even astronauts. It takes some effort and intelligence, but there are ample opportunities for smart and ambitious women.

As Coco Chanel said: “There are no ugly women in the world, just lazy ones”
If applied also to financial matters, there wouldn't be any poor women.
 tryagan
Msg: 252 (view)

Women's Financial Status
Posted: 4/8/2012 8:17:46 PM

Some men are more generous than others

Yes, that's true. Yet some people might think of another adjective.
 tryagan
Msg: 246 (view)

Women's Financial Status
Posted: 4/8/2012 2:07:42 PM

At this age I'm looking for someone financial responsible, learned from their mistakes, can compromise and adapt to life's situations, has the ability to be an equal partner, is respectful of our relationship, is my true friend and lover in every way, can appreciate what I have to offer and I in turn will do the same. I have no room in my life for a "taker" and by the same token he should no feel like I am the "taker".
I like the word "partner" and I intend to have a partner and be a partner in every sense of the word.

That's my motto. Applies to living together, and to trips, too.

Over the years, I took many nice vacations with active and able female companions, and we both shared the expenses. Now, I don't do any cruises nor all-inclusive resorts, usually it's flying or driving to some remote spot and exploring the country by car or on foot (except Florida in the winter). Sharing the travel costs works for both, and of course, there are also other benefits than just the monetary savings.

I never got any demands from them for me paying the entire trip cost, they always appreciated those opportunities and interesting vacations, except one city mouse, who after the first hike near Anchorage confessed, that although she liked nature, her idea to immerse herself into it was a leisurely walk in a nearby botanical garden. Well, we both survived the trip, she discovered there things other than the shopping malls, she even took pictures of moose, wolves, and grizzlies, and my 2013 travel schedule is already filling up.
 tryagan
Msg: 53 (view)

Trying to get men off the couch.
Posted: 4/7/2012 4:00:38 PM

Yet, "some" of us define "fun" a whole different than the average middle aged woman. Things that almost make me puke,but many love to do are Vegas,shopping,nights on the town,etc.

Yes, it is often definition of fun. If a woman would try to pull me away from the computer or a couch watching some nature documentary or interesting business program to take her to Bloomingdale or casino night, I'd naturally resist.
Now, if the weather forecast looks good for a day on the lake, there is a boat or car show in the town, I'm fully packed and ready before she can put on her undies.
 tryagan
Msg: 113 (view)

Does sexual desire really decline with advancing age?
Posted: 4/7/2012 3:50:31 PM
Not necessarily with our age, but possibly with advancing age of our prospective partners.
 tryagan
Msg: 43 (view)

MORE or LESS casual sex?
Posted: 4/7/2012 3:28:11 PM
In my experience, the longer you are in a long term relationship, the more casual the sex becomes. Also more exciting.
 tryagan
Msg: 227 (view)

Women's Financial Status
Posted: 4/7/2012 3:20:35 PM

And then to go on and imply a "superior up place" which can only mean others who do not aspire to this degrading level of measuring a love relationship....are somehow down or less than or have sour grapes.

Is the same as what they used to call the missionary position?

Show ALL Forums