Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Are there any men looking for true love for a lifetime?
 iz706
Msg: 199 (view)

Are there any men looking for true love for a lifetime?
Posted: 5/24/2008 11:15:33 AM
Of course there are men looking for a lifelong relationship. Problem is the guys that do best in dating are the ones that tell women everything they want to hear and not the truth (liars). Women seem to love these types because they seem (perfect) as soon as they finally act like themselves the women call them liars. Look relationships do take work, you can click initially with someone but there has to be core values and beliefs in common (not only looks and hobbies). You also need to slowly get to know each other. No real answer its different for everyone, but all the relationships I know have lasted have all taken work and patience. I guess if u or the other person lack the will or desire for both u will end up dating forever. (NO the grass is not greener).
 iz706
Msg: 18 (view)

How do you get over someone
Posted: 4/9/2008 5:53:25 PM
Wow, lots of good advice that I'm seeing here and I'm going to have to try myself. I just had a breakup with my girlfriend of 5 years and it hurts!!!! I guess the worst thing was that I was trying to work out the logistics to finally ask her to marry me but I was going through so much stress from other things that I shut down. Well she met someone else immediately and its been a nightmare. Ive been trying to hang out with friends but I too am not a drinker and it makes it tough. I guess I just recently joined here to try and meet a friend that could talk from a female perspective. I know its hard, I feel your pain, but if someone really loves you they will be truthful with you, but i also have to be truthful with myself and understand you have to always appreciate the one youre with. A friend of mine told me that you do the things that matter to them right away, tell them theyre beautiful every day, and show them how much they really mean to you. I think that was the lesson that i learned a little too late.
Even though I'm hurt i really still wish her the best, i guess ill always love her.

Show ALL Forums