Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Did you expect to be single this late in life?
 nobrumski
Msg: 61 (view)

Did you expect to be single this late in life?
Posted: 6/1/2010 10:05:19 PM
I expected it as best I could.
 nobrumski
Msg: 80 (view)

At what age do you Just Give Up?
Posted: 5/31/2010 10:01:52 PM
28 is the answer or at least for me it was.
 nobrumski
Msg: 15 (view)

Losing your virginity. Good,bad or funny
Posted: 2/14/2009 9:10:23 PM
Hmm I was 16 and a junior in high school which I was attending out of state for the year. It was the week of Thanksgiving. My girlfriend from school who was a senior also from out of state came home with me since she wasn't flying home for Thanksgiving. I was a virgin in pretty much all regards and she was even the first girl I had ever kissed. She was not a virgin.

Needless to say things didn't go great. I was extremely nervous of getting caught and we were in one of the extra bedrooms upstairs across from my sister's room. I think we had sex one time the whole trip and didn't have sex again till we came back to my house for Spring Break with 2 other friends. We did other things of course but we were in a pretty strict religious private school so it was tough to get away with anything.

Sex still isn't a big deal to me, sad to say. I just never got the drive. I enjoy foreplay more so much so it tends to cause problems when I used to date since I rarely if ever want actual sex.
 nobrumski
Msg: 21 (view)

What does your SCREEN NAME say about you?
Posted: 1/26/2009 8:59:06 PM
My screen name says very little about me if anything at all. It is a reference to a podcast I listen to regularly and truth be told I suck at coming up with screen names especially since my nickname is usually taken.
 nobrumski
Msg: 9 (view)

Does anyone forget what it's like?
Posted: 1/24/2009 10:05:51 PM
Definitely agree with the OP here. I can't remember what it is like either and even worse I can't picture it happening again. I guess I am lucky I have never had a strong sex drive or really enjoyed the actual sex as much as I should. Now on the other hand I am all about foreplay and everything else once I am comfortable with someone.

It's funny I was having a conversation with my friend about a similar subject recently. I told him I couldn't see myself ever settling down with anyone as long as I lived in this house. It just doesn't feel like my house and I have lived in it so long single that I can't imagine sharing my room with anyone else. At the same time I could somewhat see myself having a roommate with benefits stay in one of the other bedrooms.
 nobrumski

Your favortie cooking website
Posted: 1/24/2009 9:46:51 PM
Even though I don't cook I love browsing http://www.tastespotting.com/
 nobrumski
Msg: 30 (view)

how did dating change for you when u turned 30
Posted: 1/24/2009 5:20:24 PM
When I turned 30 I stopped dating completely. It felt like I had to take things more seriously and since I don't plan on ever marrying, dating seems pointless. I never enjoyed the dating process anyway.
 nobrumski
Msg: 77 (view)

What's really stopping you from having a successful relationship?
Posted: 1/15/2009 9:18:46 PM
I am stopping me.

I have too many issues and I wouldn't date me. When I used to date, it was only because the girl wanted to go out with me and she was fun and attractive enough. After my last relationship ended, I realized this was what I was doing so I stopped dating.
 nobrumski
Msg: 6 (view)

Calling all natives...Forida natives, that is.
Posted: 1/11/2009 9:11:46 PM
Born and raised in Tampa. I lived for a year in Pennsylvania which was a nice change.

I would love to live somewhere colder but no idea where I would move since I don't know if I would want to deal with the snow.
 nobrumski
Msg: 110 (view)

OMG... Is that your ? NO come on.. I'm over 30... they're my ???
Posted: 1/10/2009 11:05:32 PM
On one of the podcasts I listen to the couple refer to each other as their seriouso, pronounced ser-i-oso.

They came up with the term after dating for several years and never knowing what to call each other since boyfriend doesn't sound right but at the same time they aren't married or engaged. Personally I like it and thinks it fits for serious couples who just haven't gone onto engagement/marriage and might not plan to.
 nobrumski
Msg: 48 (view)

Your first car ever...
Posted: 1/10/2009 10:42:37 PM
My first car as either a 76 or 78 300 SD Turbo Diesel Mercedes in 1992. I think it had a whopping 50 horsepower to power that tank. All I know is I would turn off the AC to merge into traffic for those extra few horsepower.

I still like the way they look though and always thought if I ever had the money it would be fun to pay someone like Chip Foose to restore and tune one as a sleeper.
 nobrumski

Do our filters trump our potential?
Posted: 12/11/2008 6:37:15 PM

Oh quite the contrary... my latest encounter was w/ a man who wasn't willing to take a chance on something with ME (despite declaring I seemed pretty wonderful otherwise) due to my having young children.. and he's not the first, which I understand as his perogative. But, it just seems with so many filters that some are missing out on something great... like a potentially rewarding relationship w/ a single mom w/ lots to offer! LOL

I am in the situation currently similar to the one you mention, except I am not the single parent. I currently have the option of dating a girl and one of the biggest hangups is she has a child. Her friend is giving me a hard time due to the fact I won't give the girl a chance.

Meanwhile I feel like I am doing the responsible thing by not even entertaining the offer. Yes she is an adult and can make her own choices and I am sure some people will agree with her friend that what I am doing is wrong. The big problem is I don't like children and I don't want children. Everyone assumes I am joking or just like everything else this will change someday. Of course this is always people with children who can't picture someone actually not liking kids.
 nobrumski
Msg: 632 (view)

Why do men stare at womens boobs & think we don't notice ???
Posted: 8/17/2008 12:19:33 AM
I do my best not to look if I am talking to the owner, but glances sometimes can't be helped. You can only resist the pull for so long. At the same time I have been asked for my opinion which gets confusing.

One of the girls I work with one day pulled me aside one time and asked me if her boobs looked bigger that day. I was of course confused and at the same time asking her why she was asking me especially since she was married. Her reply of course was I am a guy and I notice these things. I forget how I answered her.

I guess part of me feels if women put them out there than it is ok to look. At the same time pretty much anything a woman wears is usually putting them out there. I also think that since the pairs I end up catching myself staring at belong to women for the most part who wouldn't give me the time of day I really don't care whether they notice or not.
 nobrumski
Msg: 13 (view)

Guys, what do you do when a girl tells you that she is on the pill?
Posted: 7/11/2008 11:03:21 PM
Always a condom.
 nobrumski
Msg: 47 (view)

Time to come clean: What keeps you from meeting someone?
Posted: 6/28/2008 10:49:25 PM
Hmm I will narrow the long list down to the top three...

Anxiety, the fact I will be letdown since it happens with me for everything, and self-image. I know myself too well to want to date me so why would I expect anyone else to.
 nobrumski
Msg: 22 (view)

would you date a woman with a past trauma?
Posted: 6/7/2008 8:28:46 PM
Unfortunately I tend to be attracted to these type of people so I would have to say no. Though most of the people I have dated never dealt with it. It is reason #2098 why I don't date anymore.
 nobrumski
Msg: 7 (view)

Flowers: Florist or Grocery Store?
Posted: 6/7/2008 8:26:19 PM
For the rare few times I buy flowers, I go wherever is open. Most florists around here close by 5pm which isn't exactly conventient.
 nobrumski
Msg: 28 (view)

What's Your Opinion About A Guy With A Belly Ring??
Posted: 5/25/2008 10:13:24 PM
If there wore other piercings I wouldn't think twice about it, but if he only had a belly ring it would definitely raise a flag. Like the Chris Rock song, if the guy has a pierced tongue you're in the wrong bar.
 nobrumski

When a man cries
Posted: 5/25/2008 10:10:02 PM
Yeah I definitely don't cry in front of women. Then again I think other than recently when I broke down in private I hadn't cried in over 10 years.
 nobrumski

Chores you hate
Posted: 5/25/2008 10:06:07 PM
I hate cleaning in general which is why I pay someone to do it for me. Truth be told she only comes twice a month to do my room and bathroom which are rather large. I don't mind doing the main things but the little stuff I just don't take the time to do. I tend to be cluttered back in my room so it is nice to have someone come in and straighten everything up once and a while till I can't find something I am looking for.

I don't care about doing laundry which I do once a week on Sunday or occasionally midweek. I do the dishes either nightly or every other night but for the most part they are always put in the dishwasher. I take out the trash and recycling. The rest of the house stays pretty clean since I hang out back in my bedroom more often than not.
 nobrumski

What does hang out mean?
Posted: 5/25/2008 9:47:29 PM
I think I have hang out on mine.

For me, I am definitely just looking for possible new people to hang out with and go out and do things. My friends are all married now or moved out of state so I figured I would try here since it is free.

Oops I have friends not hang out on mine.
 nobrumski
Msg: 186 (view)

The Kinky Test
Posted: 5/18/2008 5:30:20 PM
353 lol. I need to get out more.
 nobrumski
Msg: 15 (view)

Would you not be interested in a man because he posts?
Posted: 5/11/2008 11:48:07 AM
I would say for me it probably does, but then again I don't know how many people from my area post. You would think they would have location listed by the view profile on the message boards.

I tend to reply on message boards the way I would talk with friends who already know me which isn't the way I interact with people when I first meet them. As a result I don't do so well on any message boards. I am never hated just not well liked usually.
 nobrumski
Msg: 50 (view)

Ph.d boasting
Posted: 5/11/2008 11:40:31 AM
While there are those who don't brag about it, you will find your choices limited by not going through college. I still hear to this day from friends and people I work with how they refuse to date much less marry anyone who didn't go to college. As college education becomes more the norm and less about a choice financial or otherwise, it will only become more of a limiting factor.

Now of course there will be exceptions such as if you are successful and/or running your own company. If you are only getting by day to day though, expect it to be an uphill battle. At least that is my experience.

One note of interest is several of my friends are MDs and they never insist on people calling them Dr. At the same time the people they see who insist on being called DR, whether MD or otherwise, are usually the worst to deal with.
 nobrumski
Msg: 57 (view)

has anyone tried the other online dating sites?
Posted: 5/10/2008 11:33:45 PM
I have tried just about every site mentioned in this thread though I must admit my attempts are extremely half-hearted and more window shopping. I tend to currently browse here and ok cupid since they are both free. Ok cupid can be fun for the quizzes.
 nobrumski
Msg: 19 (view)

Would it be a turn off?
Posted: 5/10/2008 10:23:33 PM
Wouldn't be a turn-off, but not necessarily a turn-on. It would be somewhat of a weight off my shoulders since I would be in the same boat though.
 nobrumski
Msg: 4 (view)

Is there such a thing as a confirmed bachelor???
Posted: 5/10/2008 10:12:09 PM
Count me in as another confirmed bachelor. My friends try to tell me it is because I haven't met the right person, but of course I disagree. I don't see myself ever getting married. I have such strict requirements for what I would find an acceptable time to get married that it will never happen. Hell at this point I have pretty much sworn off dating.
 nobrumski
Msg: 140 (view)

A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/10/2008 10:05:19 PM
I accepted my grey a long time ago. I started getting grey hair at 18 or so. It seemed to explode around 26 but it blends in fairly well. The only time people notice it is when I shave my hair short since it stands out more. In the last two years it has really started to show up in my goatee though.
 nobrumski
Msg: 42 (view)

Can men and women be friends?
Posted: 5/10/2008 9:03:10 AM
For the most part no, they can't be. Any women I am friends with most of the time it is because I find them attractive and easy to be around. Would I necessarily want to date them all? No, but I would definitely have a desire to hook up with them.

The only time I find it otherwise is if I make friends with someone at work or something similar. I am spending 40 hours a week with them and there is a good chance someone there I will enjoy interacting with regardless of how I view their looks. It doesn't always translate well into friendship outside of work though.
 nobrumski
Msg: 4 (view)

Friendship
Posted: 5/10/2008 8:38:07 AM
Real friendship is someone I can call at anytime who would do anything in their power to help me without keeping a running total. They are also someone who you can go years without seeing and when you do see each other again it is like no time has past.

I am somewhat like the OP. I have a few really good friends who fit the above but only one who still lives local. Unfortunately I invested time with several groups of friends who turned out not to be the best of friends and as a result the number of friends has dwindled down to single digits. This is one of the reasons I started visitng POF.
 nobrumski
Msg: 71 (view)

men..would you date a woman with little or no sex drive?
Posted: 5/9/2008 10:49:23 PM
No sex drive would be ok as long as that didn't limit things too much. If she was still willing preferably enjoyed everything else but actual intercourse, I could handle it assuming she was still comfortable helping me with my needs/desires.

Now if the interest was such she didn't even like to be touched or just sat there then no I couldn't do it.
 nobrumski
Msg: 46 (view)

Watching Men Pee
Posted: 5/9/2008 10:35:46 PM
Nope sorry I don't need someone watching me pee and have no interest in watching either. I dated a girl who didn't have a problem with it and I just had to walk away from that one. Hell if I ever get married my house will have a his and her bathroom :).
 nobrumski
Msg: 22 (view)

OK what is a reach around?
Posted: 5/9/2008 10:33:20 PM
Pretty much everything that has been said here. I always here it in the context where someone knows they are getting screwed by someone else and it is just a way of asking the other person to be nice about it. As in if you are going to try to screw me like that, at least give me the courtesy of a reach around. You can also substitute at least give me a courtesy tap. Same idea lol.

Of course this all stems from the belief the pitcher has all the fun while the catcher doesn't.

Drunk posting isn't always a smart idea.
 nobrumski
Msg: 32 (view)

Whatever happened to making out?
Posted: 5/9/2008 10:22:59 PM
I am definitely in favor of the make-out.

I remember one time a girl and I had broken things off for a month or so. We decided to try things again and that first time going out was incredibly intense. We ended up just making out at the end of the night both knowing things weren't going to go further that night but still being tempted. It felt like high-school all over again.
 nobrumski
Msg: 26 (view)

Hung like a gerbil?
Posted: 5/9/2008 10:16:15 PM
Reminds me of the old joke...
A man meets this woman who is incredibly attractive and has very large boobs. The man himself is attractive as well. Well they start dating, fall in love and decide to get married. But before the marriage the girl admits to her man that she doesn't really have big boobs but is flat as a board. The man says that's okay and admits to her that he is hung like a baby. Well wedding day comes and they are in the hotel that evening. They had waited until their wedding day to do the nasty so it was the first time they had seen each other in the buff. The girl steps out of the shower to be seen by her new husband, to which he replies, "wow, you were right. You're flat as a board". The husband then dis- robes to which the wife says, "wow, you said you were hung like a baby but your really not!!". "That's right dear, I am hung like a baby, 9 pounds 10 ounces and 20 inches long"!

As far as the rest of the conversation I think I will bow out of this one lol.
 nobrumski
Msg: 99 (view)

Would you date someone on antidepressants?
Posted: 5/9/2008 9:45:34 PM
Going back to the op's question, my answer would be I would considerate it but lean towards no.
 nobrumski
Msg: 39 (view)

Do you wish the worst for your ex?
Posted: 5/9/2008 9:34:04 PM
Nah I don't wish the worst for my exes. Truth be told most if not all have moved on to bigger and better things than I could ever offer them.
 nobrumski
Msg: 10 (view)

What song would you dedicate to your Ex???????
Posted: 5/9/2008 8:55:18 PM
I would have to say Crossfade's Cold comes to mind first.

Looking back at me I see
That I never really got it right
I never stopped to think of you
I'm always wrapped up in
Things I cannnot win
You are the antidote that gets me by
Something strong
Like a drug that gets me high

What I really meant to say
Is I'm sorry for the way I am
I never meant to be so cold to you

And I'm sorry about all the lies
Maybe in a different light
You could see me stand on my own again
Cause now i can see
You were the antidote that got me by
Something strong like a drug that got me high
I never meant to be so cold

I never really wanted you to see
The screwed up side of me that I keep
Locked inside of me so deep
It always seems to get to me
I never really wanted you to go
So many things you should have known
I guess for me theres just no hope
I never meant to be so cold
 nobrumski
Msg: 5 (view)

How Far Is Too Far in South Florida ?
Posted: 5/9/2008 8:52:10 PM
Honestly I would be hard pressed to drive to St Pete or Clearwater living in Tampa. I just don't see the point.
 nobrumski
Msg: 101 (view)

Why don't you like to provide oral sex?
Posted: 5/8/2008 7:18:10 PM
I definitely could never date a woman who didn't love giving head. I have tried in the past and things ended really quickly. For me even bad oral is better than sex. I have no problem returning the favor either and actually enjoy doing so.
 nobrumski
Msg: 108 (view)

Should marijuana use be a deal breaker?
Posted: 5/8/2008 6:59:43 PM
Not a deal breaker but I don't partake in it.

I have dated heavy users in the past and probably wouldn't do so again only because I don't smoke myself. I could handle someone who does it occasionally but I doubt I would let people do it in my house only due to the law whether it is right or wrong.
 nobrumski
Msg: 23 (view)

First Meeting Coffee or??????
Posted: 5/7/2008 6:01:15 PM
Hmm whenever I go out on a first date I always went with a casual dinner something cheesy like Chili's. Then again I don't drink coffee.
 nobrumski
Msg: 88 (view)

What made you smile today?
Posted: 5/7/2008 5:54:17 PM

I was on my everyday walk during my break at work and a little kitty aproached me... so tender and sweet... but can't take any more ... already have three!

Three...hah...I feed three outdoor TNR'd strays and that doesn't include my indoor kitties. I should probably post that as a question on here. How many pets does it take to raise a red flag lol.
 nobrumski
Msg: 27 (view)

Your first car ever...
Posted: 5/6/2008 9:23:25 PM
My first car was Brutus, which to this day I still have some friends call me. It was a 1976 Red Diesel Mercedes 300 SD with the vanity plate Brutus. It was my parents old car which they gave me and the thing was a tank. Yeah the passenger window no longer rolled down, the passenger footwell flooded, and you had to turn off the air to merge on the interstate but it was a cool car.

If I had crazy money, I would buy one and have someone like Chip Foose fix it up.
 nobrumski
Msg: 85 (view)

What made you smile today?
Posted: 5/6/2008 9:08:39 PM
Finding and being able to catch one of my cats that one of my roommates let get out on Sunday.
 nobrumski
Msg: 94 (view)

A very long time
Posted: 5/5/2008 8:39:00 PM
Hmm is it bad when you have lost count how long it has been? Apparently I can go a long time without.

I compare it to getting hungry. Sometimes you get hungry. You aren't able to eat right away and then it goes away. Eventually it comes back stronger and repeats until you either solve the problem or live with it.

It comes and it goes, but I deal with it. My friends don't understand it at all.
 nobrumski
Msg: 8 (view)

Men-what do your friends ask you about your new girlfriend?
Posted: 5/5/2008 8:19:58 PM
Hmm the conversation would probably go like this...

1. Really?
2. No seriously?
3. Where did my friend go and what did you do to him?
4. Fine we'll play along, who is she?
5. Pictures or it never happened.
 nobrumski
Msg: 34 (view)

why won't my guy walk side by side with me??
Posted: 5/5/2008 8:16:21 PM
I know I have a bad habit of doing this myself. One reason is I walk really fast and have to force myself to slow down. I can only go so slow though before I get annoyed.

At the same time I somewhat equate it to when you are driving somewhere and someone is following you. It is up to you as the leader to keep a safe and easy pace that they can follow. At the same time it is up to the other person to make a reasonable attempt to keep up. I have had some people follow me that make no attempt to keep up even when I am doing 5 mph under with no traffic around. There is only so much you can do if the other person won't even attempt to keep up since you can only go slow.
 nobrumski
Msg: 178 (view)

Can YOU cook?
Posted: 5/5/2008 8:05:37 PM
Nope can't cook at all. At the same time I am such a picky eater, I don't know where I would begin.
 nobrumski

Bad Breath
Posted: 5/4/2008 7:13:26 PM
I would definitely appreciate knowing. I am extremely self-conscious about it and I am always sucking on a mint or chewing gum.

Show ALL Forums