Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: So you met on the internet and you hit it off, what do you tell people about where you met?
 ElmerFudd2
Msg: 11 (view)

So you met on the internet and you hit it off, what do you tell people about where you met?
Posted: 5/30/2008 10:40:54 AM
Just tell them you met in rehab. or the free clinic. When their eyes return to normal size almost anything else will meet with their approval.

Actually, if a person doesn't want to admit meeting someone on the internet, they might want to rethink their decision to actively search for someone on the internet. It's like hanging around a church and then complaining the people they meet are religious. If someone thinks there's a stigma to people who do this, why do it?

I just realized that if you want the answer to the above question (which I at first thought was rhetorical), please refer to any one of the other threads in which people complain that people type all day and never actually plan to meet.
 ElmerFudd2
Msg: 58 (view)

Guys asking to meet with you immediately
Posted: 5/22/2008 10:28:51 AM
If you're here to meet someone, you should try to meet someone. There are perpetual emailers who want to pretend they're dating. Some people don't even realize that they have let the process become the result.

By arranging a meeting ASAP, it forces the issue of whether you're seriously trying to meet people. It's not like you're setting up a blind date for your senior prom.

The process of meeting saves hours of typing and weeks of waiting to figure out if you have a good candidate. Failure to meet encourages the other person to seek companionship elsewhere.
 ElmerFudd2
Msg: 22 (view)

is sex everything in a relationship?
Posted: 5/20/2008 3:33:48 PM
Sex is like air. If you're not getting any, you realize how important it is.
 ElmerFudd2
Msg: 175 (view)

Call me when you want to get laid!!
Posted: 5/8/2008 7:21:03 AM
Another response might have been, "You're the guy I call when I want dinner. I call much younger guys when I want to get laid."

Actually, he might have just been frustrated by being denied the opportunity to be included in your life. Every now and then it's the woman who has a premature accusation.
 ElmerFudd2
Msg: 88 (view)

Men Who've Passed Their Expiration Date
Posted: 5/7/2008 11:59:37 AM
I'm just as animated as ever!

Show ALL Forums