Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What simple joys of life would you like to share with a significant other.
 rose//42
Msg: 57 (view)

What simple joys of life would you like to share with a significant other.
Posted: 1/24/2019 7:26:10 PM
Good communication, trust , love and gsh
 rose//42
Msg: 96 (view)

I don't want a relationship between equals. There, I said it.
Posted: 10/15/2011 4:04:19 PM
I agree with what you say commonsense,and I would also like to add that mutual respect and the willingness to listen to what each other has to say ,even when you disagree is part of the eqaulity for me.
Rose
 rose//42
Msg: 4 (view)

ladies help me out please
Posted: 10/14/2011 5:17:57 PM
Smile , a smile changes the whole face.?? Guys with a nice smile can be more attractive than a Brad Pitt look alike who isnt smiling . Oh and the best of luck its nice that you care enough to ask ,
Kindest regards Rose
 rose//42
Msg: 39 (view)

So is it normal for a guy to hook up with someone right after breaking up
Posted: 8/23/2010 5:10:48 PM
Hi tall iq2, had to write and thank you for the beautiful poem,It was a lovely gentle reminder for me that love alights on us often when we are least expecting it to.
After suffering the disappiontment of arranged dates with guys who initially came on strong ,but vanished before we have finalised things , to ,first of all wonder why they do this?,any suggestions please?,and secondly,Im begining to think I may come of the site and give that butterfly a chance to land on my petals .
Ive copied your poem and shall send it to a few chosen freinds ,thanks again tall iq2,
Rose//42
 rose//42
Msg: 68 (view)

Impatient in meeting
Posted: 11/7/2009 5:02:39 PM
Hi Marcia ,I have exactly the same problem,I wonder if some of the guys on here, look through the many lovely women and choose the one who will meet them the soonest ,I maybe wrong but it sure is odd if you have chosen someone to ask out.
Kindest regards Rose
 rose//42
Msg: 67 (view)

Impatient in meeting
Posted: 11/7/2009 4:57:01 PM
Hi Marcalyn,just a few lines to say that Ive been onthe site for 18 months and have had and still do have exactly the same problem,I ask will next week be ok and they vanish,I wonder if its because there are so many lovely ladies on the site and some guys just look around for someone who will meet up straight away.However if thats the case then I guess we werent meant for each other any way.
Kindest regards Rose
 rose//42
Msg: 5 (view)

He loves me but wants to be single?
Posted: 7/21/2009 4:38:26 AM
Hi Heather,Im just about ready to go on a date with someone from POF.,Ihad a few minutes to spare,so I decided to email you.
Well a good few years ago I had a ten year relationship, with a guy,who I believed at the time was the love of my life.The behaviour you mentioned
was very familiar to me,although I dont wish to go into too much detail on here.Suffice to say his ,I love you ,I love you not behaviour drove me mad.
How odd , but the song that reminds me of him most, has just come on the radio,can you believe that?
He was a great guy in many ways,and we had some good times together,and now I have understood better,I find it sad that it had to be the way that it was ,Im now able to move on,although it took some time,as ten years Is a long time to be with someone.
A little book called Men who cant love, has helped me understand what was going on.,
If you would care to chat with me some more I would be very pleased to hear from you. Kind thoughts Rose//42
 rose//42
Msg: 14 (view)

Any recovering Roman Catholics have issues with false guilt?
Posted: 6/3/2009 5:14:10 PM
Hi Neil you dont have to justify your good lifestyle just enjoy,and practice gratitude,you sound a very caring person.
I gave up my catholic religion when I was 45.Dont worry Ive never yet met a catholic who wasnt born with guilt stamped on their forehead.It took me a good few years of talking to people,reading ,examining information for myself ,before I began to see my life as it was meant to be lived.Decent therapy took care of the misplaced guilt.
I pray ,I meditate ,but I do It now because I want to and not because I feel guilty I f I dont,there is a big difference ,Its very freeing.
I wish you all the very best on your spiritual journey,you are doing just fine.
Rose//42

rose//42
Msg: 7 (view)

In the pursuit of happiness...
Posted: 3/28/2009 1:26:03 PM
I agree absolutly,we are pack animals,we need personal space ,and the opportunity to love and be loved.I dont just mean romantic love,we need friends, family love.
Ive been alone for the past 11 years,and to be honest I realize now that was time I realy needed to myself.It doesnt mean I havent felt love from others and given it,just that romantic love, hasnt yet come my way,but how great that would be if it it did arrive .Rose//42
 rose//42
Msg: 13 (view)

Not sure about Plenty of Fish as a way of dating.
Posted: 3/11/2009 10:20:46 AM
Hi Cosmicsnev ,I can only speak for myself ofcourse but I add people, to my favourites list,for a couple of reasons,one incase someone asks me to IM them at a future date,I can find them quikly this way ,and secondly because I have genuinly enjoyed corresponding with them.
I will however have a look at my list and delete a few,so point taken, however you seem a nice guy so I hope the favourites list will not stop you contacting the people you wish to.
Coudnt resist this,and I know that women get contacted a lot more than men, but Cosmicnev,faint heart never won fair lady.
With kindness and understanding Rose//42

Show ALL Forums