Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Help! My fridge isn't working!
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 20 (view)

Help! My fridge isn't working!
Posted: 2/15/2010 7:34:24 PM
It could be a ice buildup. You could try defrosting it. Also see if the fan is running inside the fridge. The fride door has a switch when depressed allows the internal fan to run and also shuts off the interiour light.
Listen for the fan. There is generally an access door in the rear of the interior fridge to access the fan and or cooling coil. Just becareful in there, use no sharp objects. With a frozen anything, there is a reason for it freezing up which could be for a variety of reasons. Start there.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 26 (view)

Never drank, never smoked, still a virgin...am i missing out on life?
Posted: 2/12/2010 10:38:16 PM
Don't think what other people think, ask yourself what you want for your own life. Sometimes I think we as people judge ourselves by what we see others have in their lifes. I guess the thing is you have take the route that lead to the life you want for yourself what ever that may be. All I know is life is a journey, we work to earn a living to support the remainder of what ever the journey may be.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 13 (view)

canada in shock today - russell williams, death at the olympics
Posted: 2/12/2010 10:23:37 PM
I heard about the athlete from Russia(at least that was the second hand information I was told, will have to read it in the news)loosing control of this sled and crashing into a unpadded portion of the track barriers. This is naturally unpsetting, shocking when someone dies tragically doing something he/she loved. At least it happened at time when they were actually living and doing what they lived to do.
I haven't heard any news regarding the rape, murder. I hear enough about bad things happening on the news, one good reason to turn off that boob tube. The tube feeds us so much junk better off thinking for oneself. Well thats all I have to say about it. Thanks Forrest.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 4 (view)

What if she fell asleep?
Posted: 12/17/2009 10:27:14 PM
I would let her sleep and cover her with a blanket. When she awakes she can deal with her embarrasement and appologies after her nap.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 14 (view)

Need ideas for a different kind of second date....
Posted: 12/16/2009 4:58:16 PM
Ice skating, indoor amusement center, a movie and bit to eat afterwards, a game of bowling, board games like backgammon, ect there use to be a tavern near here that had backgammon boards set up. Lunch at a tavern that has pool tables and other electronic games like darts, shuffle bowling,e ct . Take a drive to somewhere you both have never been, like a artist gallery area, I hear New Hope, Pa is an artsy place. Just use your imagination.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 14 (view)

Goodbye on 1st meet or give you another chance?
Posted: 12/15/2009 9:20:38 PM
I agree, dont look for something that isnt there. Maybe a few dates will see the guy your seeing for who they are and not what you may be expecting or looking for. That way you can see who you are with and see the real person your with.
 Serenity Sam

He says not ready to move on, needs to heal
Posted: 12/15/2009 9:17:38 PM
Go out with other men. Its the best way to keep your head clear. This guy is playing avoidance by making excuses why he cant be with you. Dating someone for a few months and being thier rebound seems to be where you got stuck, he was wounded and you helped him stand up. Let him go if hes intrested let him call but dont wait for it cause it may never arrive.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 12 (view)

How would it make you feel?
Posted: 12/15/2009 7:13:49 PM
Depends whether it was her home or mine. If it was her place she has every right to talk to who ever she wishes while Im asleep or showering. Shes free to talk to who ever she wants to. Being asked to be quiet means she is in a important conversation and needs to hear the person on the phone, she may have a committment to have to speak to others this morning, my being with her may have been unplanned for her and she is taking care of her business.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 19 (view)

What do you do when you stop feeling special to your SO?
Posted: 12/13/2009 7:55:18 PM
If he isnt responding well and you only see one another infrequently maybe your seeing the wrong man. Possibly see someone who has the abilily to communicate better and more available could be a benefit and lead to being a bit happier.
When you stop seeing him and if he wants to know why, you can see if he is willing to talk more openly on the issues you want to bring forth.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 8 (view)

He wants to bring third wheel?
Posted: 12/12/2009 5:49:04 PM
There is no way of knowing what reason for this third wheel friend is. Granted it is kind of out of place for him to bring his friend along on a date with you, I could see it differently if you were setting him up with a girlfriend but you hadnt. Maybe he was showing you off to a friend, maybe he wanted to party with the buddy but he had plans with you and asked if you mind. Maybe you need to put it to a rest and let your boyfriend know in the future you prefer him not bringing a third wheel when he plans on being with you for the evening. Except of course if your going with another couple.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 3 (view)

Approach: Online or IRL?
Posted: 12/12/2009 4:36:19 AM
Talk to him in person, real is better than virtual online POF. Invite him out to do something stimulating activity. Nothing is as fun as an active date.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 5 (view)

whats going on in his mind?
Posted: 12/12/2009 4:32:09 AM
I think he wants to see you again, you both had a good time the time you were together. I have a notion he may be playing some sort of get my phone number game. The fact is you were locating your phone and intension was to exchange phone numbers for calling one another, but I think he may have taken it oddly, as if women want to give him thier phone number, think me may need a reality check cause everyone wants to meet someone special, and no one should be taken for granted.
 Serenity Sam

Are women welcome at Hooters?
Posted: 12/9/2009 5:25:09 PM
Havent been to Hooters, though there is one not far away. I assumed it was a place like you describe. Waitresses wearing skimpy clothing beneficial for tips but also possible abuse from some male patrons. Although such an enviornment is public it may not be considered by the public as a family resturant or couples also. It seems to have a sterotypical male patron comprable to a go-go bar with meals. Therefore, it may be a boys place.
 Serenity Sam

Help please guys?
Posted: 12/9/2009 5:18:22 PM
Too much exchange of information on line will ruin your date, much of the information given may paint a too pretty picture and reality may seem disappointing to what you have built up in your head. So maybe sooner meeting with less texting and internet talking so you can find out each other when actually meeting, and all the good stuff isnt burnt up in online converstaion.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 7 (view)

Just out of curiousity. . .
Posted: 12/8/2009 4:06:12 AM
The worst behavior is attempting to making thier man thier personal fix-him project, trying to change who they are for thier own benefit.

Bad manners, dirty mouth, controling behavior, condesending attatude
 Serenity Sam

Why are some guys so afraid?
Posted: 12/7/2009 8:06:39 PM
If someone is being stubborn it means no. When a women says no it means the same thing. Is it ok for someone to influence them into agreeing after making thier statement. I dont , I think people word or reason needs to be respected and leave them alone. When thier ready they will come around. You have to be independant enough to do what you need to do on your own, its a whole lot easier to do than with someone negative battling you.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 10 (view)

Would this flatter, bother, or interest you?
Posted: 12/7/2009 7:59:40 PM
It sounds like you might want to call the guy, after all you have his phone number with the note. Why not take a chance and see how he is and to tell him of being flattered but leaving the country for school... If you dont call you will always wonder.
 Serenity Sam

co workers
Posted: 12/7/2009 7:52:04 PM
He likes you thats why he is following you. You need to start talking otherwise people will start to notice his behavior.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 9 (view)

3's a crowd
Posted: 12/7/2009 4:38:58 AM
Ya, if this was Baskin Robins, "sportygryl" would be his flavor of the month. He is with someone, your convienent cause your on friend status. Dont become emotionally drained as "the other women". You deserve someone who isnt a player and puts you first.
 Serenity Sam

What do I assume here?
Posted: 12/6/2009 6:37:36 PM
Just take it easy, take it one day at a time. If you havent done anything why would you have messed anything up. See how it progresses, you cant rush life or how others feel.
 Serenity Sam

guys who don't cook: compatible?
Posted: 12/6/2009 5:48:57 PM
I dont blame her for not being able to cook, cause I am good at it. We all have our strong points based upon exposure to them. Its easy enough to pick up the phone and order a pizza or take out chineese when no one wants to cook. I dont expect her to be something she is not.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 11 (view)

Is he a racist or just sarcastic and rude?
Posted: 12/5/2009 9:37:33 PM
I am shocked you are still with him. I dated a women who was also racist, it was a short relationship.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 16 (view)

How do men feel about pity parties?
Posted: 12/5/2009 9:29:38 PM
It maybe self pity, lack of self esteem and the other things you mention. But out of compassion we still try to instill hope to even the down trodden, its what makes us human beings.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 33 (view)

playing hard to get
Posted: 12/5/2009 5:38:29 PM
Problem with playing hard to get is like a self fulfilling action, more often than not, you dont get gotten. Just how many good relationships pass you by due to not being open to others. So the game can be on you when you play games. When you play hard to get your world suddgenly gets smaller due to restrictions you self impose. I also see it as a means of control, rejection and neglectful behavior for your own benefit, selfish.
 Serenity Sam

How soon should I tell him, if at all?
Posted: 12/5/2009 4:49:15 PM
Have you spoken with him about any serious topic and does he respond in a understanding and mature manner. If he is understanding and focused on your happiness, then you will know when its ok to open up to him. Love and trust has to have been established.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 6 (view)

vulnerability
Posted: 12/5/2009 3:50:50 PM
Being unfaithful, hit me like a locomotive train. My first sexual love experience and nine months into it and she becomes unfaithful, thats when it became apparent to me. I was given a warning sign, in a intimate conversation she tol me of a time when she came home from school and found her father in bed with a women(not her mother). When I put this together with her promiscuity I can see she may have exchanged her silencing of her knowledge with the awful compelling feeling of notifying her mother.
Can you forget, no because it was a learning expereince. Can you forgive, yes of course. She wasent responsable for her fathers actions and any "keep quiet and not tell your mother" stratigies he may have induced her with. Needless to say, way back then it caused an emotional stress I wasn't able to handle maturly and I called it quits to the relationship due to her reckless behavior with my feelings. The fact that she was an adult and hadnt resolved and repeated her fathers behavior is a tragedy legacy they leave with thier children. Understanding may make it ok after the fact, even though the initial experience may have been emotionally devistating.
 Serenity Sam

Do I give him benefit of the doubt?
Posted: 12/5/2009 2:31:01 PM
I don't think it was appropriate making statements of bedding someone so early and in open texting converstion with you. There is just something wrong with it since you guys never even met yet. Since you havent talked on the phone or met niether of you have seen thier behavioral characteristics,ect. I personlly wouldnt meet with someone till I spoke with someone and felt comfortable in the conversation with them. And definitly wouldnt sleep with someone for a while even if I was sexually attracted to someone, I think it shows lack of respect for the person your attracted to, she needs to feel the same way, that is intrested in going there also.
 Serenity Sam

What does friends first mean to you guys?
Posted: 12/5/2009 2:13:00 PM
Men who are attracted to you on a physical level will pursue you sexually. Most men will want to establish to be friends regardless of thier sexual intrest. I personlly dont get involved with somone for just pure sexual gratification. I have to like the person which means I have to be friends with her first before we take it to the next level.
 Serenity Sam

Would you tell someone you were a virgin?
Posted: 12/5/2009 2:08:49 PM
I never told my girlfriend, but think she may have known due to my inexperience with it. Since it was a new experience I took it slowly, I remember it being an intimate experience, I was young and nieve but turned out to be a very nice and a personal growth time of learning how to be close to someone on a new level.
 Serenity Sam

Meet someone but running out of things to say.
Posted: 12/5/2009 11:29:50 AM
I agree, next step, put your big boy pants on and ask her for a date and see if you two have chemistry and start enjoying real time not virtual.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 2 (view)

bad sign or all in a girl's mind
Posted: 12/5/2009 10:59:27 AM
It means he isnt very social with his parents. If his parents have no real intrest in his dates why would you find a need to know them at this time. Some people have neglectful parents, show more an intrest in thier own needs and neglect thier childrens. You have to ask him about his parent, what are they like? How he interacted with them. It sounds like they didnt valuate or accept his close friends which could leave him to believing , not wanting to meet his dates. He is going out with you so you must be special to him, he may not want to put you through the neglectful behavior which he suffered with his parents. Just a thought.
 Serenity Sam

Is she stringing me along?
Posted: 12/5/2009 6:27:10 AM
She is a rule maker, the controller. If your ok with playing the game her way then go for it, though somewhere down the road compramise will have to be established. Also see what made her intrested in inviting you out? One good thing the dates on her.
Next see how it moves foward. Caution is advised till you understand her reason for not accepting your initial offer to go out. Also be busy on Wensday and see if she is willing to compramise on one of your free days. You dont have to make your self accessable to her now since she blew you off intially. Now she has to play ball also. Otherwise dont mess with her she will only disappoint.
 Serenity Sam

whats on her mind
Posted: 12/5/2009 6:00:31 AM
She wants you to leave her alone, she wants to feel ok if she ever sees you out in public. Your changing from being ok to wanting to cling onto what you had with her is what your feeling. Your trying to get something from this women who doesnt have it to give to you. Possibly something she needed in a relationship she couldnt get from you. Either way deal with the reason why you are clinging and arent letting go. Find someone else that has an intrest in you and go from there.
 Serenity Sam

I'm a little scared of this guy
Posted: 12/5/2009 5:47:03 AM
Just ask him not to call you anymore because you dont feel comfortable with him. Is there a way to put blocks on calls and messages from originators, I believe there may be such a service with your phone company, call them and find out. On POF you can black emails from other users.

If the guy cant take the time out and be prepared for a date, hes not looking to date or get involved. If he was he would have made it an appropraite first date, a public meeting place. You were just listening to your intuition, you saw signs what were telling you to be "cautious"
 Serenity Sam

Communication Breakdown?
Posted: 12/5/2009 5:31:19 AM
Yes she lost intrest because you didnt answer her calls and cause you didnt call her back. The way to build a relationship is with open communication and since you lacked to provide that she felt rejected to her needs to communicate. Next time put your own stuff to the side and consider what she needs. How would you feel if you needed to talk with her and she avoided you.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 17 (view)

about wearing Grandma's diamond ring
Posted: 12/5/2009 4:49:14 AM
Right men will check face, ass, tit and hands. A diamond engagement ring is the first sight I look for. Most married women wear them. Some seperated women also continue to wear them in the hope of a reunion. Its a symbol in our society that the women is taken and to do otherwise would be going against the will of god. Remember those wedding vows, the rings were symbols of uniting two people in holy matromony, let no man or women take apart what god has united. Those are the reasons why most men wont get involved with a women wearing a diamond engagement ring or wedding band, to do so invites a world of bad stuff in our lives.

This doesnt mean a man will ignore you, he will just keep the converstation appropriate when speaking with someone not single. I would still consider you off limits with those rings on your hands unless you brought it up in conversation of your marital status. I would not attempt to bring it up in conversation because it being displayed on your hand doesent warrant it. A ring of these sorts is respected by most men unfortunetly that means you will get rejected by unknowing men of your actual status. You will ask yourself, that conversation was going so well, why did he walk away? Look at your rings, that is why.
 Serenity Sam

about wearing Grandma's diamond ring
Posted: 12/4/2009 9:07:48 PM
When I see a diamond ring being worn, I always think first that they are married, if I see it off the ring finger then I assume some other reason for it. But I do not pursue women wearing diamond rings cause I think they are married and I dont want to get involved with a married women.

Update: Left hand ring finger(second up next to pinky) for diamond and I believe wedding band is same finger but right hand.
 Serenity Sam

I don't know if he is serious or just bored with what he has now
Posted: 12/4/2009 8:19:39 PM
Sounds kind of wishy washy. I mean he seems to have to many options, not sticking with one thing but having escape routes when things get out of hand. Stay away from the drama.
 Serenity Sam

Something strange is going on
Posted: 12/4/2009 11:25:46 AM
Like they say in NY city, "fagetaboutid". No use pondering the many ways of what happened until you can ask him firsthand, anything else is just speculation.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 2 (view)

Was I used?
Posted: 12/4/2009 6:09:45 AM
Well, he said for you to stop by anytime. So stop by and mention your concern cause you werent able to get through to him. See what he has to say, dont make assumptions, its easier to understand when he tells you himself. We can speculate but that is beating around the bush.
 Serenity Sam

Can you fall in love over one cup of coffee?
Posted: 12/4/2009 5:21:32 AM
It sounds like he met someone he likes. Its not uncommon for someone to put on hold others if they found someone intresting and want more of that for the time. Dont think its odd cause he hasent called you. Think about yourself, if you met someone you wanted to see, many may react the same way. Plus he may have gotten positive feedback on his kids from this person and it seems a priority for him.
 Serenity Sam

What about friendship on POF?
Posted: 12/4/2009 4:58:00 AM
Try meetup.com for others intrested in similar intrests in your area.
 Serenity Sam

I would like the male perspective
Posted: 12/3/2009 9:59:03 AM
Review the emails you have recieved that you gave a second look, and what was it about the email that attracted you. Use that concept along with a basic introduction.
 Serenity Sam

Problems with EX BF and Hook-Up Buddys
Posted: 12/3/2009 4:39:38 AM
If she said yes(about deleting phone numbers) but didnt, then she lied and it is cause to be concerned.

If your feeling insecure cause she calls others, then there are some trust issues and you are misplacing them on to your SO. It sounds like this might be the case. Limiting ones conversations is a bit extreme and anyone may interpret that as needy, clingy and insecure.

You need to be on the same page as your girlfriend. Why would you stop corresponding with your friends because you have a girlfriend? She appears to be someone who values having friends along with a boyfriend. Whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

UPDATE: New material always seems to pop up after reading the intro to the forum, since she cheated on you in the past, why are you emotionally allowing yourself to be tormented in a relationship with this sort of women. A cheater is someone that doesnt take relationships seriously nor the other person. Find someone who has similar values as your own.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 135 (view)

ED over 45
Posted: 12/2/2009 7:58:39 PM
I dont know the ED statistics of men ages 40 and up, but with all the advertizements for ED drugs I imagine it must be significant. Any couple above 40 who are emotionally connected and having hope and a good relationship may have a good shot at happiness.
 Serenity Sam

Has being here or on other dating sites affected how you think or feel about yourself?
Posted: 12/2/2009 5:32:37 PM
Has being here on this dating site, POF affected how I think or feel about myself?
I think its an alternative or option added to where you meet others. It can be more informative due to the many topics of forums and the ability to meet others you wouldnt have the opportunity to in day to day walk of life.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 35 (view)

Harmless flirting?
Posted: 12/2/2009 7:43:59 AM
Hum, suggestive sexual inuendos. When someone sends suggestive messages it is recieved likewise. It was wrong for her to do this while in a relationship. She is sending your intution a message, shes a cheat, a tramp cause she is blatently advertizing to this guy she is open for extra caricular sex. Shes is being disrespectful and inconsiderate of your feelings and she is acting very selfish. Time to sit down and give her an alternative to clean up her act otherwise time to dump this tramp.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 54 (view)

Gamers aged 45+?
Posted: 12/2/2009 5:34:04 AM
Anyone who is looking for someone while still with someone tells me they are insecure about being alone and standing on thier own two feet. Relationship jumping will cause a "game player" outlook on others even though you yourself may be doing the same thing.
Regarding your question, men in this age group are prone to the same thing, age I dont think matters. What matters is resolving the underlying issue.
 Serenity Sam
Msg: 83 (view)

Sex is sex and we no longer need to give or receive affection? What has happened to our age group?
Posted: 12/2/2009 5:25:08 AM
I would say its because he didnt have affectionate parent(s), maybe emotionally neglectful ones. Children learn stuff like this from parents. Just cold parents who dont communicate on a verbal level regarding emotions and affection is most likely that keeps him in a emotional cage. It is understandable you want affection in your life, you are giving it to him but getting nothing in return. You need to find someone that can provide that for you, this guy will have to work for someone like you or settle for someone like himself. It would take a long time and therapy just for him to realize the core of his non affectione being, do you really have all the time to wait for this guy, it may sound harsh but your chances for happiness will increase with a different personality type.
 Serenity Sam

I just can't read this girl I work with...
Posted: 12/2/2009 5:06:15 AM
I agree, she is there to make a living, not jepordize her job. Leave the girl alone and stop fratenizing on the job unless your willing to terminate your positon of employment to see her. It obvious she saw you trying to hit on her while working together, and she isnt there to socialize but just be friendly with co workers.

Show ALL Forums