Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles
 Antonesque
Msg: 22 (view)

Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles
Posted: 7/18/2008 6:15:57 PM
They are not sunglasses, they are my normal glasses - with photochromic lenses.
In strong light they darken to protect my eyes.
Would you rather have photos with 'red-eye'?
 Antonesque
Msg: 263 (view)

Why do guys always do this to me? Does anyone else have this problem?...
Posted: 7/13/2008 11:04:29 AM
Yes, its a horrible feeling. There could be many reasons and he's not playing games.

It could be that all of a sudden other things in his life, work, home family, are demanding his attention. Guys, as most women don't seam to realize, don't multi-task well, they can only deal with one thing at a time. For many of us, getting just one thing done a day is an achievement. Why do you think that DayTimers and books like "Getting Things Done" and time organizer software and tools like the Palm Pilot are so popular with guys. Its not 'cos they are all geeks! Why do you think executives have secretaries to arrange their schedules?

The book I'd recommend is actually the "Venus and Mars". It may be trite in many ways but the basics about that women need to talk and men need to retreat into their 'cave' (which these days might be a computer!), has some truths.

The nice thing about e-mail is that its not like the telephone. You don't have to respond "in real time". You can e-mail him a gently, but please NON VERBAL, reminder that you enjoyed his company. As I said, men and women don't communicate in the same way.

However is guys ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS do this to you regardless of what's going on in their lives there may bea reason that has nothing to do with the guys.
 Antonesque
Msg: 3 (view)

Meeting Men Is Hard
Posted: 6/9/2008 6:45:27 PM
You seem earnest and serious.
I think, based on my own experiences, that its hard for men who are earnest as well.
Your experience was with men who obviously weren't serious, "just fishing" (aka "testing the waters") or paying the numbers.
Not all men are like that.

This doesn't mean that if and when you do meet someone serious and earnest you'll 'click'.
But there are such men on POF.
I'm sure ther's at least one :-)

Show ALL Forums