Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: In case Veedub's critique is unclear, I'll help! I'll review 'em all...I got the time.
 tom_canadian
Msg: 86 (view)

In case Veedub's critique is unclear, I'll help! I'll review 'em all...I got the time.
Posted: 12/18/2005 1:24:02 PM
Thanx man.

I'll work it and see what happens.

Pull no punches, and keep em coming.
 tom_canadian
Msg: 71 (view)

In case Veedub's critique is unclear, I'll help! I'll review 'em all...I got the time.
Posted: 12/16/2005 6:18:54 PM
What the hell? Let's give this a go.

Both barrels please. No kid gloves. Brutal honesty. Whatever works, I think you get the message.
 tom_canadian
Msg: 42 (view)

Are people always on the lookout for the bigger better deal?
Posted: 12/11/2005 10:21:57 AM
See, the problem is, it's all a state of mind. Your mind starts to play those tricks on you, and you start to think about what might be out there. It happens to everyone. What separates people is what they do with that.

Everyone has the thought, but not everyone acts on it. Why? Because you're happy with the person you're with. There's ALWAYS something or someone better out there. But if you're happy, you're less likely to act on any change.

T
 tom_canadian
Msg: 38 (view)

Are people always on the lookout for the bigger better deal?
Posted: 12/7/2005 9:50:31 PM
I don't know if looking for a better deal is the best way to put it. I think when you're in a relationship, if everything is going fine, then no one is "looking".

It's when the bumps come up that the looking over the fence starts.

Then there are the times when something just happens. You can't always choose who you fall for. Your mind messes with you.

Stupid brain. Dumb heart. If I could cut you out and live, I would!!!!!

T
 tom_canadian
Msg: 8 (view)

how to get divorced?
Posted: 12/7/2005 9:39:13 PM
Can take up to a year. Or more or less. Depends

But there is no time limit on separating. If he wanted to leave his wife and be with you, he'd do it. Sorry to be harsh, but that's the reality. If a man wants to be with you, he will end the relationship he's in if he's in one, to be with you.

I know too many girls who are either going through this or have gone through it. It's a hard lesson, and no matter what anyone says, you're going to wait.

Best of luck

T
 tom_canadian
Msg: 12 (view)

FAVORITE CHRISTMAS CARTOON
Posted: 12/7/2005 8:59:54 PM
Burgermeister Meisterburger!!!!! Santa claus is coming to town.

But A christmas story is the best Christmas movie ever.

"oh Ralphie, you'll shoot your eye out!"

T
 tom_canadian
Msg: 20 (view)

Right person, wrong time
Posted: 11/8/2005 8:41:36 PM
No such thing as fate, or meant to be or any of that. Is there a right person for everyone? Of course there is. But your right person might have a different right person. (If that made any sense at all)

I think too much effort and time is wasting on trying to find "the one". We try to find the exact person we picture or imagine ourselves with and we tend to bypass other potential great relationships because someone doesn't have the same job or something as we want our partner to have.

No one should settle for less than what they deserve, but I think we all put our expectations too high. But back to the topic, is there such a thing as right person at the wrong time? I think only if you're married or in a committed relationship, but there will be more than one right person for everyone, and maybe you're already with the right person. If not, it's not an issue. STill have to do what's best for you.
 tom_canadian
Msg: 158 (view)

Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 11/7/2005 6:47:55 PM
I think there's a touch of truth in what he (Deangelo) says. Haven't read alot of his stuff, but have seen some, and pretty much get the idea.

To have a chance at getting the attention of someone, you have to do something different. Stand out a little. Can't just crawl up and beg for a phone number.

One of the things almost every woman says they want in a guy is a sense of humour, so his thing about cocky and funny has a touch of truth to it too.

I don't think all women like bad boys, but I'm pretty sure that nice guys do sleep alone most of the time.

Probably get better results if you went for hypnosis for confidence or something. Bottom line is that approaching you gals isn't easy for most guys, and if Deangelo or anyone else can help with a guys confidence, then it's no half bad. To hell with the actual words or lines he feeds. It's the underlying message. Be confident, and be more successful with most things in life. Women, business, whatever.

That's pretty much the way I see it.
 tom_canadian
Msg: 103 (view)

Marriage - What's in it for the man?
Posted: 10/27/2005 10:44:43 AM
I think the real question is what's in it for anyone?

Does marriage indicate how much you love someone? No. Of course not. I've seen married couples who hate each other but stayed married because it's easier and convenient. The opposite side, I have seen people head over heels in love, and refuse to even live together and ruin what they have.

Also, divorce doesn't mean you don't love the other person. Could just mean that the time has come for both of you to have a change.

The problem is that marriage changes something that was obviously working before. You're dating, you're in a long term committed relationship, so why make such a drastic change? Why change something that is working so well? There is no logical reason.

Marriage is not for everybody, and not just "guys" who play the field, or want to fool around.

Think of marriage as a drug. Just say "NO!"
 tom_canadian
Msg: 1 (view)

Why marriage?
Posted: 10/26/2005 9:55:23 PM
Why is marriage still the goal for a lot of people?

What is the driving force? Is it something you really want to do, or is it something that society and the church said is the right thing, and we all fall in line and follow?

Why do you want to get married?
 tom_canadian
Msg: 117 (view)

Stop being a NICE guy
Posted: 10/26/2005 9:46:14 PM
Nice guys sleep alone

Need I say more?
 tom_canadian
Msg: 5 (view)

What should be in a relationship to make it work?
Posted: 10/26/2005 9:30:31 PM
I don't think there's anything that has to be in a relationship to make it work. A relationship is work, lots of work, but nothing specific. Had a 15 year marriage, amde it work for a long time, but just stopped being worth it. I worked my a$$ off for 15 years, and still walked away from a marriage.

Not all men are scared of marriage. Some just don't want to get married, some think it's a waste of time, some think that it's a relationship killer, and some will want to get married.

Why does everyone think there is one person for them? Why limit it that way? Everybody is vastly different, so it doesn't make any sense that one person will fit their bill. you might be able to find someone who's good for you nonw, but in a year, two years, 10 or 15, it's no longer the case.

I guess, if I had to say what a relationship needed to make it last, I'd have to say a miracle.
 tom_canadian
Msg: 34 (view)

Expectations after sex
Posted: 10/25/2005 7:04:16 PM
It should be pretty much known what to expect before getting down and nasty. There shouldn't be any awkwardness, or "well, I gotta get up early. Can I drive you home?" or anything like that.

Set the rules early, and no one is surprised and no one should be hurt.
 tom_canadian
Msg: 11 (view)

What is an acceptable amount of years above and below your age to date?
Posted: 10/25/2005 6:57:28 PM
I guess depending on what you mean by date.

Anything long term, the divide by 2, add 7 rule is good.

For short term or one nighters, whatever you can take home that's legal in your area is ok too.
 tom_canadian
Msg: 68 (view)

Taking back a cheater...WHY?
Posted: 10/19/2005 9:32:55 PM
People want to believe that the other has changed. And for awhile, everyone does, but, in the back of your mind, you were let off the hook, so hey, you'll be let off the hook again. SO why not do it again? People are like that.

It makes perfect sense that he's mad at you. Your makkin on his girlfriend. Doesn't matter how big you are, alot of small guys beat big guys, but what matters is, you were makkin on hi gf! Whether you knew she had a bf or not, not the point.

In most cases, the person your partner is cheating with knows about the other person anyway. That's why people hold a grudge.

T
 tom_canadian
Msg: 57 (view)

i hate it when women say looks dont matter
Posted: 10/19/2005 9:16:09 PM
We all know that looks mattter. Everyone says that it doesn't, or it's not the most important, but it's the first thing everyone notices. But I've found that meeting people in person, rather than on here, you have the chance to interact and level the playing field and have your personality win someone over, rather than purely based on looks.

Looks do matter, but take a look around. How many times do you see an ugly or average guy with a gorgeous woman? Or an average woman with Brad Pitt or something? Obviously, the person has something to do with it, but on here, nope. You are what your picture is. If you're average, you get responses based on that.

Sorry, but it's true. Shouldn't matter, and to me, it doesn't.

T
 tom_canadian
Msg: 218 (view)

kissing after oral sex
Posted: 10/19/2005 9:09:40 PM
As long as I'm not snowballed, I'm ok. No issues.

T
 tom_canadian
Msg: 57 (view)

what is your fave commecial?
Posted: 10/18/2005 10:31:18 PM
The Leprachaun one is good. I also loike the new EA Sports one witrh Tiger and the guy whos putting, and starts to shake when he stands over to putt.
 tom_canadian
Msg: 1 (view)

What's the difference between cocky and ballsy?
Posted: 10/18/2005 10:23:51 PM
Cocky is when you come home smellin of booze and perfume.

Ballsy is when you come home smellin of booze and perfume and slap your wife on the a$$ and say "Your next"
 tom_canadian
Msg: 13 (view)

Is there a message in the songs when an X- boyfriend makes you a CD
Posted: 10/16/2005 7:30:05 PM
Uhm, yes. Plain and simple, you bet your life.

T
 tom_canadian
Msg: 16 (view)

Why do men think that after only 2 dates.....
Posted: 10/6/2005 3:26:23 PM
It's not a 3 date rule, it's a 3 date rule of thumb. If things go well, then it could happen on a second date, or heaven forbid, the first date. But by the third date, you know each other better, and are more comfortable around each other. By that time, you've both ate around each other, burped or farted, had some sort of embarrassing moment (the burp or fart qualifies in that respect) or two happen, talked for hours, shared some secrets, blah blah blah.

It's not a time limit like that. It's not like guys say "ok, if I'm not getting any action by the third date, I'm movin on to the next one!" We give you 4.

It's a little honesty on both sides. If you never have any intention of being intimate, then let thr guy know. It's only fair. I know there has to be some sort of "connection" or "feeling" there, and let's face it, you girls know the minute you see meet someone if they have a chance with you. Tell the poor **stard before he wastes another lobster dinner on you thinking he's gettng close.

I will say that if by the fifth date, if there has been no progress in the intimate part of a relationship, time to move on because there's obviously no chance of it happening. At that point, it's a girl friend and not a girlfriend. Big difference.

That's about it.

T
 tom_canadian
Msg: 13 (view)

The good, the bad and the Ugly
Posted: 10/6/2005 2:41:14 PM
Hard to tell now a days, that's for sure. I don't think there is any formula. Looking up when you lie? Bah!! Everybody has different poker faces. If someone is a player, or just a bad or ugly, they've had plenty of experience lying, and can look right in your eyes and lie. Plus, it's not a lie if you've made yourself believe it.

The only way to tell is time. Might take one date, might take two, might take ten or more. But the liars always screw up and get caught. Always.No exceptions

T

Show ALL Forums