Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What are toxic assets?
 samurai41
Msg: 15 (view)

What are toxic assets?
Posted: 3/30/2009 12:04:47 PM
because they bought up the mortages, Einstien.................

And I seem to recall the banks getting a ton of bailout money too........

seriously dude, i can respect being politially active, but you are living in a dream world
 samurai41
Msg: 14 (view)

What are toxic assets?
Posted: 3/30/2009 12:04:32 PM
because they bought up the mortages, Einstien.................

And I seem to recall the banks getting a ton of bailout money too........

seriously dude, i can respect being politially active, but you are living in a dream world
 Samurai41
Msg: 28 (view)

American Arrogance/Ignorance
Posted: 3/25/2009 3:57:19 PM
thats a great analogy.
 Samurai41
Msg: 50 (view)

Republican leader defends AIG bonuses
Posted: 3/24/2009 2:41:30 PM
sigh.........

Sir,
I was raised to be polite to my elders, I will simply ignore the troll bait you posted and instead mearly hope you have a nice day.

Dodd, wrote the add on to the bill that allowed the bonus payments. Obama broke a campaign promise that he would read everything he signed line by line, and didnt read the bill, just signed it.

Tax cheat sec of the treasury knew about it, lied about knowing about it, then got caught lying.

but the brohaha is just a smoke screen.

Just like all the noise about Limbaugh, he doesnt matter, he isnt important, but they have people talking about him instead of talking about what they are doing..

it really isnt deniable.
 Samurai41
Msg: 48 (view)

Republican leader defends AIG bonuses
Posted: 3/24/2009 2:01:51 PM
if it wasa performance bonus, then it shouldnt have been paid, if that division of the company didnt perform

if it was a retention bonus, then it should have been paid.

BUT

Limbaugh is right about one thing, this is just a circus to distract teh people from the fact that the current administration is rapidly taking over private businesses
 Samurai41
Msg: 107 (view)

should the US apologize for slavery
Posted: 3/24/2009 12:42:00 PM
I will be happy to apologize, as soon as someone can prove that i owned a slave............
 Samurai41
Msg: 21 (view)

Posted: 3/24/2009 12:35:26 PM
and I might add, to the very close minded person a couple posts up, if so many people hate it, why does it dominate in the ratings? if, as I am sure you think, most people agree with you, wouldnt NBC, MSNBC and CNN being doing better?

but they are not.

that being the case, there are only a couple of possible explanations why:

1-you are wrong
2-you and those like you are in the vast minority.

which is it?
 Samurai41
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 3/24/2009 12:28:00 PM
if you have never watched it, how do you know what it is or isnt?
 samurai41
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 3/24/2009 9:41:31 AM
oh for craps sake.

ok, again, for the slow, Red Eye comes on at like 3 in the morning, it is a filler program, purely satire, and not a news show.

Fox is just the counterpoint to NBC, MSNBC and CNN, all of whome are so slated left as to be laughable. Obama and Clinton BOTH said that thier interviews with O'Rielly were the most fair they got anywhere.

I know all the liberals love to hate fox, after all, fox proves them WRONG, but that wont change the facts. it isnt a niche market, it isnt a joke, fox's ratings bust everyone else's that means more people watch it.

for a reason.

Look at the others, and look for the balance, there isnt any. Fox has more liberals on the air, by an order of magnatude than the others have conservatives. It actually IS fair, it just doesnt seem that way compared to the rest, which are all VERY slanted left.

now, as far as ignorance or arragance? thats everywhere. I was in the military, and traveled the world, people everywhere think that where ever they are from is the greatest.
 Samurai41
Msg: 4 (view)

why does the profile say long term and thatys not what they are really looking for?
Posted: 3/13/2009 7:52:58 AM
the same reason most men do everything they do

because we think it is the answer women want to hear/see/get
 Samurai41
Msg: 79 (view)

Why are some people against hunting?
Posted: 3/10/2009 3:04:50 PM
you cant fix stupid.....

"i have met hunters and they are usually just louts who are drunks and go hunting to get away for their nagging wives mind you if a iwas married to a nag i would probably be a redneck who lies to drink to i have to sympathise with that ...maybe there is a sub conscious connections between shooting a defenceless deer and the nagging wife ....................

its the macho thing for men to hang around with other men sitting around a campfire eating beans and farting in unison goes back to the cowboy days "
 Samurai41
Msg: 3 (view)

Stem cell research ban lifted.
Posted: 3/9/2009 9:19:43 PM
fetal stem cell research has NEVER cured anything

adult stem cells, which are allowed in the US, have been the ONLY stem cells that ever achieved anything.

the entire stem cell controversy is a smokescreen from the pro abortion people.
 samurai41
Msg: 14 (view)

Should John Yoo be disbarred?
Posted: 3/9/2009 1:43:33 PM
hand picked press reps?

Look at our current president! he only takes PRE-VETTED questions that he already knows the answers to! and STILL uses a teleprompter.

I mention this not to defend Bush, but to point out that you are demonizing one person for something they ALL do.

And by the way, if you seriously dont know that Micheal Moore's films are pure fiction, as widely as that has been proven, seriously google "micheal moore film lies" you need to spend more time reading things OTHER than Dailycurse and Moveon......

you are the only one doing any chest thumping my good man.

lets see, you are quoting Micheal Moore's website............................

ok, i will play:
59 seperate lies PROVEN
http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

http://emperors-clothes.com/analysis/moore.htm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jesse-larner/michael-moore-and-nationa_b_59479.html

"I'd been holding off on seeing Michael Moore's new film, Sicko, because I am really more interested in the right-wing reaction to it than I am in the film itself. As the author of a book that harshly criticized Moore -- from a left-liberal point of view -- for his habit of loading up his films with deceptions delivered through half-truths, misleading edits, and broad conspiracy theories, I wasn't expecting that much from his latest. "

http://www.hardylaw.net/Truth_About_Bowling.html

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/
moore is a liar, and if you follow him, you are worse.
 samurai41
Msg: 18 (view)

GM threatens to pull the bankruptcy trigger if it doesn't get more money.
Posted: 3/9/2009 11:39:53 AM
well, the car makers wouldnt be broke at least.

the put out the financials, most of the money the car makers are losing are directly because of union contracts, lifetime health benefits, 100% retirements, etc

it's the facts, unions have outlived thier purpose, for the most part, and the bigger the union, the worse the abuse becomes.

and the UAW is full of abuse.
 samurai41
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 3/9/2009 11:17:38 AM
Bush had NOTHING to do with the dump her career became, the PEOPLE voted with thier wallets. Same thing that happened to Mahr. Words have consequences, and when you are an entertainer, you depend on the PEOPLE to support you. When you offend the people, they have the right to walk away from you.

if you can seriously try to blame the president for that, you need to step back, take a DEEP breath, and re-think

And, also, are you INSANE?? the networks tore Bush a new one all through his term, if anything, he had the most hostile press corps EVER for any president, yet you wanna claim that they couldnt speak thier minds? thats all they did. And it was NEVER in his favor. Dan Rather MADE SH!T UP and that was allowed.

Yeah, because the press LOVED Clinton and never asked him any hard questions.

and please prove that the government did ANYTHING to try and stop a Moore fiction from being shown.

provide a link, a cite, something, because I got a funny feeling you are making that crap up. he won a friggin OSCAR for crying out loud

if that turd was even ON the presidents radar, and the president was the evil overlord you paint him to be, that wouldnt have happened.

Seriously dude, think about some of the stufdf you are saying, because it just isnt possible, I know you would love to claim Bush ate puppies for dessert, but come on....

there is plenty of legit things to bash the guy for, but dont be making crap up, it just makes you look crazy
 samurai41
Msg: 17 (view)

GM threatens to pull the bankruptcy trigger if it doesn't get more money.
Posted: 3/9/2009 10:41:56 AM
let them go bankrupt, then they can get out from under the UAW

really, the car makers are doing the right thing,t he REASON they are losing money is the redicu-stupid concessions they have given the unions over the years.

get rid of the unions and detroit will turn a profit very, very fast
 samurai41
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 3/9/2009 10:34:07 AM
yes, she alienated her audiance and they went and listened to other weepy chick singers.

Natalie Mains brought that crap on her self.

Bill Mahr was on ABC, and his show wasnt cancelled for MONTHS after he screwed up, and in fact, it wasnt cancelled for what he did, but rather his refusal to follow corporate guidlines and the fact that he lost all his advertisers.

It is thier network, not his, and no one has a "right" to a tv show.

Mahr went on to HBO and is doing just fine.

I just love you guys and your "bush did this, bush did that" BS

you think that Buish did ANYTHING that hasnt happened before? the NSA has been monitoring calls for DECADES.

The only thing that seperates Bush from any other president? he had a hostile press that blew the whistle. Clinton did just as much crap of that type as Bush did. Wartime has different rules. Look at what the government did to the PRESS in WW2.

And Moore never got TOUCHED, despite the FACT that everything he said was a lie.
 Samurai41
Msg: 12 (view)

the rihanna/chris brown incident a bad example for young girls evrywhere???
Posted: 3/8/2009 4:45:08 PM
i have all the sympathy in the world for a woman that gets hit.

the first time

the second time?

i got NO sympathy for her.
 Samurai41
Msg: 11 (view)

What do guys daydream?
Posted: 3/5/2009 4:23:58 PM
bewbs
sometimes food

mostly bewbs
 Samurai41
Msg: 5 (view)

What does he want from me??? Warning: Long post.
Posted: 3/5/2009 2:08:45 PM
geez

say it with me people

NEVER date:
cops
bartenders
guys in bands

duh
 Samurai41
Msg: 64 (view)

Tai Chi, kenpo, shaolin boxing and other martial arts
Posted: 3/4/2009 4:54:26 PM
actually kenpodude, i am all those things, but my comment wasnt meant to be productive, rather to convey sarcasm.

cooldude, wasnt referring to you.
 Samurai41
Msg: 61 (view)

Posted: 3/3/2009 7:15:52 PM
oh jeez, another fan boy.............
 samurai41
Msg: 26 (view)

Labia reduction surgery??
Posted: 3/3/2009 11:33:44 AM
hey, if someone wants to get thier wiz fins shortened, or thier boobs enlarged, or thier tummy tucked

more power to them.

I think it is usually just silly, but somethings I can understand.

a large set of meat flaps can cause pain when sitting, or during intercourse.
 Samurai41
Msg: 4 (view)

Second chance?? Yes or no?
Posted: 3/1/2009 8:33:37 PM
sure, give him another chance, that will really show him you are serious about demanding respect.............

ok that was sarcasm.

no

just no
 Samurai41
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 3/1/2009 12:28:08 PM
dude, let it go.

do what you do, let others do the same. You aint gonna convince me. I know better.
 Samurai41
Msg: 72 (view)

What would you do about the problems in the prison systems?
Posted: 3/1/2009 9:45:38 AM
you are right about sexual predators, they can never be fixed, best to just shoot them.

since you are not american, i will fill you in.

american prisons stopped being about punishment in the 70's

now they are all about rehab, and it doesnt work. they have gyms, and therapy, and high school classes, and it doesnt work, stores, job training, internet access, and it doesnt work.

the prison library? they use it to draft endless appeals, based on nothing. people in prison have sued over not being able to see the superbowl, thats how silly we are about being nice to people in prison here.

and it doesnt work

back when prisons really WERE about punishment, not many people went back

now? the return rate is sky high.

your ideas simply dont work, they are wishful thinking, and more important they are dangerous.

the solution is simple tho. make about two dozen of the most popular crime death penalty crimes, like rape andchild molestation and de-criminalize some others, like pot.
 Samurai41
Msg: 69 (view)

Posted: 2/28/2009 10:56:27 PM
sweetheart, you go on and try to teach those rapist and murderers how the "really have value as people"

we will be sure and send your folks a letter and let them know you meant well.

rehab doesnt work

harsh, extreem punishment works

let me guess, you think that if we just TALKED to the terrorists, they would love us, right?

some people are just bad. it doesnt matter why.
 Samurai41
Msg: 67 (view)

Posted: 2/28/2009 8:01:12 PM
I mean, hammer anyone that grows thier own without a government growers license. maybe beyond a certain number of plants.

the thing is, you cant SELL your own tobacco or beer without the proper licensing. Pot could be treated the same way.

does that make more sense?
 Samurai41
Msg: 51 (view)

Posted: 2/28/2009 7:58:17 PM
lord, fan boys are exhausting.....

I am quite sure you dont understand, common sense and reality often confuse gracie fan boys....

BTW it isnt about how LONG one has trained, it is about how SMART they have trained.

putting all your eggs in the grappling basket? sorry, but you are a moron. while you are man humping someone, please enjoy his buddy kicking a hole in the side of your head......

enjoy your sport. I will practice my self defense oriented MARTIAL art.

sport does not equal reality
 Samurai41
Msg: 65 (view)

Posted: 2/28/2009 4:03:08 PM
i would make pot legal.

we have farmers that are getting paid to NOT grow crops.

so let them grow pot. From government seeds.

tax the crap out of it, and hammer, and i mean HAMMER anyone growing thier own without the government license. (sorry stoners)

increase the tax base? check
remove criminal element? check
increase personal freedoms? check

sounds like a win win
 Samurai41
Msg: 136 (view)

why do people commit suicide in general?
Posted: 2/28/2009 12:24:02 PM
uh, cuz they are sad?

I tend to take a very oriental look at suicide. If you dont like the ride, get off the train.

I was close once, but a friend talked me out of it.
 Samurai41
Msg: 49 (view)

Posted: 2/28/2009 12:18:01 PM
Kenpokid,
1-everything i said is factual. I know that certain chokes can put someone out in seconds, but street fighters dont know those techniques. You train for the most likely scenario, and a trained grappler is not the most likely threat.

2- try to put me down, I will still get back up. you see, the SPORT has rules, the street doesnt. A person on the street can do things that martial sport types cant do.

3-stop being a fan wank. Sure, it is an awesome SPORT, it is nearly useless for self defense. Just admit it and move on.

GOR,
you are not smart enough to read my mind son. I am out of your league.

There was absolutely no "anger" in my response to Kenpokiddo

I was detailed, analytical, and precise. No bullying, no sarcasm, no attitude.

you should try it sometime. When you grow up.

See, THAT was sarcastic attitude. i didnt use it with Kenpokid as he didnt merit it. Tho, in fairness, you are right, a nice 12 gauge is a great self defense tool, prob the best home defense gun there is. The only problem is, you dont always have it with you. I always have my hands and feet. And self defense rarely happens from 30 feet. More like 3 feet.

Now stop making stuff up about the adults and go back to trying to impress the kids with your garage band. k?

In all seriousness God of garage bands, I am so glad I found you, the forums were not near as funny for me before i started reading your posts. Thanks
 Samurai41
Msg: 44 (view)

Posted: 2/28/2009 7:24:43 AM
dude, i just said, dont be a fan wank.

BJJ is a great sport but that is all it is.

Here are the rules for effective Self Defense in my school

1-avoid what you can avoid
2-when you cant avoid, take action with no hesitation
3-stay on your feet when you can, if you cant, do ANYTHING to get them to let go, and get back on your feet
4-dont stop till they drop
5-ALWAYS assume they have a friend behind you

now, those rules are broad and loose for a reason, real life has no rules, and adaptation is essential.

anything that violates these rules is outside the realm of "effective self defense"

now, i dont teach many joint locks. Why? Because i dont feel you can rely on them. joint locks work because of pain compliance. However, different people can handle different levels of pain. Therefore, relying on pain compliance is dangerous.

I dont rely on chokes either. Why? they take both hands, they take too long, and while I am trying to choke them they are free to beat me about the head and shoulders.

I dont go to the ground. Why? Multiple bad guys. Concrete equals road rash, broken bones and head stomps.

joint locks bad
chokes bad
ground bad

ok, now what are the main elements of BJJ? thats right: joint locks, chokes, and ground work.

so, the vast majority of the BJJ techniques fall outside the realm of what I consider effective self defense.

same with judo

Now that being said, elements from grappling styles can be used effectivly.

Wanna slam someone to the ground? judo throws work really well for that. Just modify them so you dont go down too

Find yourself on ground? BJJ can help you escape to get back up.

So can jamming your finger in thier eye socket.

I havnt tried cocain, but do i have to to know it isnt for me? no not really. I just have to do the research to know it isnt a good idea.

Do yourself a favor Kenpokid, dont be a fan wank for the gracies.
 Samurai41
Msg: 41 (view)

Tai Chi, kenpo, shaolion boxing and other martial arts
Posted: 2/27/2009 6:16:42 PM
Kenpoboy,
dont be a Gracie fan wank. just dont.
 samurai41
Msg: 39 (view)

Posted: 2/27/2009 1:04:04 PM
Edsa,
if kenpo is taught right, there is a LOT of contact.

It does seem complicated, till you get into it, then it starts making sense.

we didnt get the groin kicks, in my school, when I got BB, I got the get in a horsestance and they all took turns punching me in the sternum...
 samurai41
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 2/27/2009 11:38:21 AM
very true edsta

most TKD schools are rightly tought ill of, the training isnt reality based.

Mine is.

I used TKD for building strength, but I use Kenpo for the self defense.

Oddly though, my experience has been the opposite, the MMA guys here are the loudmouths. The classicly trained guys are pretty humble.

I was a bouncer, i worked there, so I had to deal with the bar scene idiots.

oh, there is one exception to the t-shirt or jacket thing, if someone is a school owner, they might do it for the business, but otherwise? i tell my students to never let go of the element of surprise.
 samurai41
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 2/27/2009 10:44:46 AM
GOR
most martial artist I know, and I have been doing this for 25 YEARS, will bend over backwards to avoid a fight.

lots of reasons.

We get hit, a lot, reguarly. We know how much it hurts and generally? try to avoid it.

Also, as a martial artist, you are twice as responsible, legally, should someone get hurt. I had a good friend go to prison because of this. He got jumped, by 4 people. Killed one of them, put 3 in the hospital.

4 vs him

you would think self defense, right?

nope

the judge told him "you should have been able to incapacitate them without deadly force."

which is BS

4 vs 1 you can bet I will be using deadly force. Plus, martial arts training tends to beat the ego out of you. Your experience may be different, but thats mine.

as to multiple vs ground, I worked bars for 10 years.

went to the ground twice.

had to deal with multiples more than I can remember. So my experience is, worry about that more than grappling.
 Samurai41
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 2/26/2009 5:43:10 PM
*sigh*

I teach martial arts.

I also get sick to my stomach listing to UFC/BJJ fan boys ......

UFC is a sport BJJ is a sport and has as much to do with REAL fighting as a hot dog has to do with a warm puppy.

they sound sort of alike, but in reality? nothing in common.

you DONT want to go to the ground, it is hard and it hurts, no one needs any more ground training to to be able to NOT freek out if they do end up there. stick something into thier eye socket, they let go, and you get back to your feet.

and BJJ is worthless vs multiple attackers, and you ALWAYS assume they have a friend behind you on the street.
 Samurai41
Msg: 161 (view)

My boyfriend is addicted to strip clubs
Posted: 2/26/2009 4:24:58 PM
havnt read the whole thread, but anyone else notice the OP's profile has a picture of her WITH MALE STRIPPERS??

complaining about a SO (while on a dating site forum) going to a strip club with displaying pics of yourself with strippers?

epic fail
 Samurai41
Msg: 160 (view)

My boyfriend is addicted to strip clubs
Posted: 2/26/2009 4:18:55 PM
ladies be GLAD if you man goes to a strip club. trust me, no stripper looks at acustomer and sees a potential boyfriend, all she sees is a wallet with feet.

no stripper will take your man, his money maybe, but not him

but if he goes to the local sports bar, he just might meet someone that will think he looks like a good idea.

trust me, the safest place to leave your man in in a topless club.
 samurai41
Msg: 30 (view)

Why are there so many young single mothers aged 18-22?
Posted: 2/24/2009 10:24:27 AM
because birth control is difficult to use?

no??

uh, because young people are irresponsible?

yep, thats it
 samurai41
Msg: 17 (view)

Why are guys so confusing?
Posted: 2/24/2009 9:43:11 AM
men are only confusing if you insist on looking at us through a woman's eyes.

what i mean is that we are not women, if you look at us the way you would look at a woman, it will never make sense.

you have to accept the fundamental truths about MEN for men to make sense.

Once you do that we are amazingly easy to figure out.
 samurai41
Msg: 9 (view)

when a guy calls/texts late ...
Posted: 2/24/2009 9:35:43 AM
anything after 10 PM?

booty call
 samurai41
Msg: 59 (view)

Posted: 2/24/2009 9:22:01 AM
I have had THREE close relatives do federal time.

have you?

Every single one of them said it was easy

not fun, but easy, and every one of them said they would go back in, and not worry about it.

Two of them did mulitple terms.

Prisons are a joke compared to what they used to be. and guess what, people did less crime, and less people went to prison when it was a BAD place.

it used to be, every Texas prison was a farm, they all made a profit, the inmates were simply too TIRED to cause much trouble, and people rarely re-offended.

now? it is the exact opposite.

rehab, therapy, job skills what a load of garbage. the rate of people going BACK to prison has sky rocketed since those stupid programs were put in place.

All that touchy feely hippie liberal crap is a fantasy, it doesnt work, and pretending that the criminal is a noble being, simply denied access to the good things in life is wishfull thinking at it's worst..

Criminals are BAD PEOPLE and they choose to do BAD THINGS, in part because they do not fear the consequences of thier actions.

it doesnt matter wether drugs should be illegal, they ARE. Choose to break the law, you take your chances.
 samurai41
Msg: 30 (view)

Friend zone
Posted: 2/24/2009 8:55:52 AM
you cant even get a presidential pardon out of the friend zone.....

The trick is to NOT let yourself get put there in the first place.

Be a jerk, at least a little bit. The sad fact is, women love jerks. It isnt fair, it isnt right, but damned if it isnt also true.
 samurai41
Msg: 46 (view)

Why are some people against hunting?
Posted: 2/23/2009 11:39:07 AM
I dont hunt.

I was in the miltary , and after hunting people, deer just dont compare.

I dislike trophey hunters. But even trophey hunters donate the meat. Pretty much every animal that gets killed by a hunter gets eaten by someone or something.

The thing to remember is, we killed off the predators. The wolves and bears and cougers that used to keep the populations in check? they are gone. Without the predators, millions of animals starve due to over population.

that is a fact, no one can dispute it.
 samurai41
Msg: 192 (view)

World of Warcraft
Posted: 2/23/2009 11:27:31 AM
I am in a raiding guild. We are tied for first on our server (Whisperwind), I have been playing since Mar 05.

And I am ok with it.
 samurai41
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 2/23/2009 11:23:58 AM
make more crimes punishable by death

bring back prison FARMS

get rid of conjugal visits, cable tv and gyms

make prison a BAD place and people wont want to go there.
 samurai41
Msg: 48 (view)

The most imprisoned nation on earth
Posted: 2/23/2009 11:22:31 AM
why are so many americans in proison?

because so many break the law.

that is the only answer to that question.

yes you can go neck deep into WHY so many break the law, but the simple fact is they do.

And the funny thing is, in this country, we go out of our way NOT to send people to prison. For pretty much everything, for the first offense, they dont get time, they get probation.

so all those people in prison, the majority are in there for the 2nd,3rd, or 33rd thing they did.

the only real problem is figuring out WHY so many people break the law.

and it doesnt matter if you think the law is un-fair, it is the law, and breaking it is a decision they made, KNOWING the consequences.
 Samurai41
Msg: 547 (view)

Would you seriously date a woman or a man if they told you that they did not give oral sex
Posted: 2/22/2009 7:52:58 PM
i would not

no

no way no how

not cuz i cant live without oral, but i think a person that cant enjoy giving oral prob has other sexual hangups that i dont need to deal with.

plus, it reeks of selfishness

Show ALL Forums