Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: What's Up With NO PHOTOS?
 luvneboni
Msg: 50 (view)

What's Up With NO PHOTOS?
Posted: 3/24/2006 4:34:05 AM
"WoW" arealangel,

so sorry to hear such. I took mine down after an episode from a "CREEP"..went awhile without a photo up until things got better and he was band from the site...I wish you well, and hope you encounter nothing but happiness from this moment on......
 luvneboni
Msg: 47 (view)

Posted: 3/23/2006 10:12:29 PM
Cajunblast,

Do you really think that women make a big deal on photos? I too went without photos for awhile for personal reasons and when I'd communicate with others the first thing out of their mouths were send me a picture, you got a picture, wheres your picture, what do you look like, I don't talk to people without a picture, put your picture up etc etc.......
I think men are more visual then women. just my opinion though...................
 luvneboni
Msg: 46 (view)

Posted: 3/23/2006 9:34:07 PM
lil moments,

we don't do we.....just one of those things that comes with surfing the net and the many different sites, we would like to believe "TRUST ME" but it's the chance we take in hopes that the profile is as real as the person who wrote it, or is the picture really theirs.

Have fun and try not to put a lot of weight on pictures, they are definitely nice to have in my opinion, but there are lots of good people I'm sure without their Mug shot in that little square box..smile

I've seen some terrific pictures, from all over the world, art work, scenery, the beach, peoples backyards, horses in a pasture, all types of cool animals, boats, oceans, clubs, you name it. Quite interesting to say the least and some very beautiful, and those types of pictures don't lie.....smile....(or do they)
 luvneboni
Msg: 45 (view)

NO PHOTOS? and USELESS PHOTOS?
Posted: 3/23/2006 9:11:45 PM
Dealwithit

to to funny..
 luvneboni
Msg: 43 (view)

NO PHOTOS? and USELESS PHOTOS?
Posted: 3/23/2006 4:57:06 PM
waterbabe,
I see clearly where your coming from, and you've made some good points thanks for sharing. I've been on both sides of the fence, no photo, to photos, I have had that bad experience you speak of with both, a picture and without a picture. It still boils down to preference, and I still perfer a profile with a picture perferably their OWN, smile, but I make it a point to answer the ones without pictures as well. I don't persue profiles without pictures, not usually, but have.
I enjoy reading so with or without a photo I do respond.
OMG, I'm thinking about what you said about mother finding out, can you imagine at dinner, hi honey, so ummm, I saw you on the internet, pass the potatoes and tell me why....lololololol
 luvneboni
Msg: 42 (view)

Posted: 3/23/2006 2:35:01 PM
evil,
well put.... but I don't think theres an arguement going on, just different views being shared. But to have no picture then ask a person with pictures for more pictures, is insane....well, maybe not that bad, but come on....where does one draw the line.....smile
 luvneboni
Msg: 40 (view)

Posted: 3/23/2006 2:11:36 PM
herewego,
good point, but it would be a boring affair, I don't know many men/women who love to type without something visual or stimulating that gives him/her reason, in my opinion. some suspense is good though don't ya think...
 luvneboni
Msg: 39 (view)

Second Best Dad Oh Yeah MEOW!!!
Posted: 3/23/2006 2:01:27 PM
Bluelakemermaid,

I think understand what your saying, But YES, "Hell Yes", I'd strike up a conversation with someone wearing a mask, but that's just me. I'd want to know the reason, his plans, am I in danger, do I need to call for help, his thoughts, is he mentally stable, etc..these would be things going through my mind, so to soothe my mind I'd definitely say how's it going or something to that effect jsut to get a feel of the situation.
Don't you say hello when you enter a room of people, or just in passing? or on an elevator, at a nightclub, how about on Halloween, many walk around in Mask, we have no clue who these people are"most", but we laugh with them, admire them, party with them etc...
 luvneboni
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 3/23/2006 12:44:19 PM
I prefer pictures, yet I try very hard to answer everyone who took that second or two to stop by. If there is no attraction I usually say thank you for taking the time to stop by, and I wish you well in your quest.

Acknowledging one is important to me. I know I don't like it when I write someone and I don't get a response. After all, picture or no picture they took the time to stop by and I appreciate such kindness, and try hard to return it.

Again I do prefer pictures as I have had the "I'll tell ya what I look like story", and the "You won't be Disappointed lines", and in reality it was "OMG" for lack of a better word or letters,,,,smile.........deceit is what I found. At least a picture plus a profile does aid in my decision of possibly meeting and sharing all we have in common.

Nothing like good eye contact, it alone can tell you little secrets....smile
 luvneboni
Msg: 4 (view)

POF liar or not?
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:41:30 AM
Hello,
I feel that if he's a one womans man he'd have no need to have his profile up anywhere on the internet.
If things don't work out between you two, it's not like the dating sites will be gone should you both go separate ways.
How can one concentrate and give 100% to someone they claim they want to be with when there constantly giving attention to other websites, and giving woman the green light as if you don't exsist.
I'm quite sure when he gets a response he's not saying ummm, I have a girlfriend, or I'm interested in this girl.
Doesn't sound like he's ready for a serious relationship.
wishing you well in whatever decision you make.....

Show ALL Forums