Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Dinner dates, cooking and staying in...
 bookie1
Msg: 6 (view)

Dinner dates, cooking and staying in...
Posted: 11/4/2006 8:27:49 AM
Smith fair enough... making any type of dough from scratch can be a challenge... room temperature, yeast freshness etc affect the final outcome...as for being picky when it comes to cooking an old boss told me when I was struggling to get a dish to turn out just right that even the statue of David has a fatal flaw and that it is the imperfections that make it perfect....
 bookie1
Msg: 9 (view)

Cookie Exchange
Posted: 11/4/2006 8:10:50 AM
ZexyGurl~
These are my " goto" standard for a cookie exchange, very easy to make but taste like a dream. I brought a few dozen into the office last year and they were gone in about 20 mins

Title: Orange-Spiced Oatmeal Raisins Cookies

Yield: 3 dozen

3/4 c raisins
3 tb Orange juice or orange
Flavor liqueur
1/2 c Butter or margarine; at room
Temperature (1/2 lb)
3/4 c Sugar
1 lg Egg
2 ts Orange peel; grated
1 c All-purpose flour
1 ts Baking soda
1 1/2 c Rolled oats

Combine orange juice and raisins; let stand overnight. Beat butter and
sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and orange peel. Combine flour and baking
soda; stir into butter mixture. Add raisins, any soaking liquid and oats;
mix well. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets,
spacing 2 inches apart; flatten slightly. Bake at 350~F oven 10-12 minutes.
Cool completely.
 bookie1
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 11/4/2006 7:59:05 AM
Smith ~ Homemade pizza is one of the easiest things to make as long as you are not set on it being round like most pies sold at a pizzeria.... premade dough can be found in the bakery section of your local grocery store... a little sauce, some cheese, a variety of toppings and some cornmeal and bingo bango pizza... it is the go to dinner for my daughter when her friends come over....
 bookie1
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 11/3/2006 5:51:56 PM
what about trying a fondue type meal......loads of veggies and breads cut up...gooey, rich cheese sauce...pretty simple to make but looks like you took all day in the kitchen....
 bookie1
Msg: 124 (view)

Why don't tall men choose to date tall women?
Posted: 5/30/2006 2:02:30 PM
There is this great tale about a taller woman and a shorter man;

Tall woman to shorter man: " What would people say if we started to date?"
Shorter man to taller woman :" They would say lovely to see you Dr. and Mrs. Kissinger."

( he is 5'4 his wife 5 11)
Height is a relative issue, being comfortable and at home in your own skin is what will make you more attractive to everyone. I am 6ft in my bare feet and have dealt with my fair share of people not wanting to date me etc because of my height. I have always found that such an odd reason not to be engaged by someone.

What happens if 10, 20, 30 + years down the line if the person you love or cherish is injured and no longer looks the same do you leave, no you stay because you know it is who they are not what they are that matters in life.

Show ALL Forums