Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Deal breaker pets
 thelaidbacktype
Msg: 27 (view)

Deal breaker pets
Posted: 12/16/2009 1:09:29 AM
This is an interesting topic... I like most animals that swim, crawl, fly or walk. I think I'm a bit too fascinated by them in some situations, sometimes.

I was on a date once where guy brought his two pet ball pythons with him. He didn't tell me beforehand and didn't ask what I thought of it, so he was lucky I don't mind them-- seems many people (not just women) aren't big fans. I was so fascinated by them (I got to hold one, a very fun experience) that I ended hanging around longer than I intended to.

A deal breaker for me me that involves pets, however, is seeing someone mistreat a pet. Or possibly someone who owns a pet that sheds so much that they tell you they've given up and just eat the hair.
 thelaidbacktype
Msg: 49 (view)

you're fired!
Posted: 12/1/2009 11:11:30 PM
I was fired from my local public library, back in the day, due to a major personality clash with my boss. She told me I was too uppity for the library, though thats not saying much.
 thelaidbacktype
Msg: 294 (view)

Dating artistic/creative people and relationships
Posted: 1/6/2009 1:10:28 AM
This is a very interesting discussion... As an artistically inclined person myself, this topic caught my eye right away.
I agree that there's much more to things than just 'Hey, I write sonnets and you paint. What time should I pick you up at?'
"Zest for life," as said by Fancynanci, is at the top of my list. An artistic inclination is a plus, but wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.
 owloveyouforever
Msg: 40 (view)

Is any guy NOT into casual sex?
Posted: 5/22/2008 10:28:50 PM
THEMIKE001: I couldn't have said it better myself!

MR INTERNET: Can I quote you on that?

RS SWINDOL: It sounds as though you yourself may have a deep seated sexual/emotional issue.

Ivyowl, I myself have been in a similar situation once upon a time. The thing is, even though you are hurting and justifiably angry, I don't think you believe your own statement about men regarding casual sex. Otherwise, why would you be asking on an online forum?
I agree that it is good to discuss what both you and a potential SO's expectations are before going much further than a couple of dates. But if a man is interesting purely in casual sex, in my experience, he will make it apparent.
I know for a fact that not every man is into casual sex-- I also don't think that they are as hard to find as you may think. It just seems that the squeaky wheel gets the grease, as they say.
I find that it depends partly on where you look, too. Not to be cheesy, but you might try joining a local activities group, a fun cooking class, or try out a club that features salsa and swing dancing nights. There are a lot of ways to meet good guys who aren't looking for casual sexual encounters
 owloveyouforever
Msg: 44 (view)

What is it with women and shoes ?
Posted: 5/19/2008 2:19:50 AM
All this talk of shoes reminds me of a video I've seen floating around the internet...
Instead of buying a pair of a couple hundred dollar shoes, why not put it towards something vastly more rewarding like a vacation?
I can empathize with the desire for quality versus quantity... but a shopping trip that requires a passport is a little much for me
 owloveyouforever
Msg: 22 (view)

Guns, the range, target activities.
Posted: 5/18/2008 2:53:29 AM
I'm a little taken aback by some of the overly enthusiastic responses I see concerning the use of guns.
I do agree that unless you are both serious enthusiasts, don't make it a first date-- maybe ease into it a bit later into the game.
I've been to the range a few times and have friends and family members who own firearms. I personally am not against the idea, but seeing someone trying to impress me with their 'skills' or treating a gun like a toy would end the date so quickly my date wouldn't know what hit him.
 owloveyouforever
Msg: 36 (view)

Approaching a woman at her workplace
Posted: 5/18/2008 1:53:30 AM
I agree with what everyone has advised in this topic. I would like to agree with some posters in that a note is probably not the best approach. I myself have been given such a note in the past and, to the sender's disappointment, was not instantly swept off my feet!

It doesn't sound as though you've seen her more than a few times at the grocery store, and as posters have said before, most employees are encouraged to be very friendly and talkative with customers. I have been a cashier in many of my jobs and have encountered many men, young and old, who mistook my smile and small talk for flirting (I learned to tone it down in a very short time!).

A friendly employee, male or female, isn't necessarily trying to catch your eye-- maybe its payday haha!

So if you are planning to go ahead and ask her out, I agree that asking her out verbally is best-- maybe try to come to the store during less busy time. You have no reason to be embarrassed obviously, but she may feel uncomfortable with customers eavesdropping. She'll appreciate not being put on the spot!

Good luck!

Show ALL Forums