Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: stupid user can't receive messages
 donb01
Msg: 2 (view)

stupid user can't receive messages
Posted: 8/7/2014 7:57:00 PM
If she MESSAGED you first you can message her regardless of her settings. If you are talking about that "1 new user wants to meet you" thing, she didn't really send you a message, she just answered a question yes or no of whether she would like to meet you. That doesn't mean you meet her messaging limits, just that she said yes to a question. :)
 donb01
Msg: 11 (view)

Appleton/Green Bay Co-host needed
Posted: 8/8/2012 7:03:58 PM
You're not allowed to restrict POF events other than state they are for 21+ legal drinking age and the like. Anything else is considered discrimination by the grand poohbah! :o)
 donb01
Msg: 3 (view)

VERONA HOMETOWN DAYS FRIDAY JUNE 11TH
Posted: 7/1/2011 3:04:51 PM
I did one at the Dry Bean probably early in 2006 - that's the last one I've heard of in that neck of the woods for as much attention as I've been paying. I used to travel around and do them, but it's been too hard to get locals interested enough to help plan out the locations and what's going on to theme a party around - everybody says "do one in my town" but when you ask them what good places there are that could support a group of 50 or more people, or to look at the local event calendars and see where the bands are playing, etc, that's about as far as it ever goes.
 donb01
Msg: 30 (view)

A West Bend Meet & Greet POF Bowling Party
Posted: 10/1/2010 8:13:00 PM
I'm sorry - I completely forgot about this. It's been so psycho at work - hence the badly needed vacation! I am pretty (like 90%) sure I can still come on down there and join the fun - I just have to figure out if I promised anything to anybody tomorrow!

Yahhh to dah UP I will go - Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore is my usual hangout. Munising to Grand Marais and sometimes further East if I'm motivated. Ross Lake is the usual haunt for the duration. Looks like this year I will be going with a good friend of mine and my Nephew - the 3 of us had a pretty good time last year.

I'll bowl if you told them a few more people than you had reply - otherwise I'll just hang out and cause trouble!
 donb01

A West Bend Meet & Greet POF Bowling Party
Posted: 9/6/2010 10:05:41 AM
Hmmm.... Another excuse to come to West Bend... Geocaching by day and POF Party by night. I'll have to check my calendar and see if anything is going on. I'm off the whole next week and planning a fall camping trip to the U.P. but I'm not leaving till Wednesday, so the only thing that would goof something up is if something happens at work I have to deal with before I leave.
 donb01
Msg: 68 (view)

Central Wi Meet & Greet Jun 12
Posted: 6/12/2010 10:47:42 PM
Great band and a good time! It was nice meeting some new people and running into a couple of old acquaintances as well :o)

Just goes to show all you people that the people in the great Northwest will show up if someone plans a party!

Thanks Jeana for setting it up - now your cherry is broken so you'll have to do it again
 donb01
Msg: 64 (view)

Posted: 6/12/2010 9:17:01 AM
I can be "behind you" every step of the way :oP TeeHee

I'll bring along a few of my custom designed POF name badges....
 donb01
Msg: 61 (view)

Posted: 6/11/2010 6:26:31 PM
For the most part they kind of run themselves once they get started....

Incidentally, I'm in the Days Inn - doesn't pay to drive through the valley of deer (Hwy 29) that late at night with a few drinks in me :oP
 donb01
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 5/2/2010 9:08:36 PM
Come on Jeanna! You've been to enuf of these things to know you pretty much set up a place so people know where everyone is, have something to use for name tags, and show up - you already have a location and a band, what more do we need? All the other stuff is just fluff and varies by the mood of the person doing the event. I think you should skip the tiara though and dress up in a cheerleader costume

If there are any first timers in the crowd, these things tend to be really laid back - no pressure. You show up at the place and you can walk to the bar and sit staring at us all night - we'll never know unless you say Hi, so if you don't like what you see then just do your own thing. people usually wander around for a while and eventually find people with similar interests and things to talk about - or hit the dance floor, or play pool - whatever floats your boat!!

I have to see how my big work project goes the weekend before and if there's any fallout - otherwise I'll come and shack up for the night - then I can at least have a few drinks and stay out later!
 donb01

Posted: 4/24/2010 12:31:12 PM
I did a will attend as well to help out the cause. I'm really going to try to make it - I'm overdue for some relaxation!
 donb01
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 4/21/2010 10:03:00 PM
Wow.... IttyBitty is throwing a party! I'm going to have to see if I can clear my social calendar It's a Saturday, and I know it's a week after a big phone system upgrade I'm doing, so I just might be able to make it.... It may be fun to meet her on her own turf for once instead of making her drive way over yonder!

As far as Madison goes, yeah, it's just about 3 hours North, but you have to scoot over a bit East to hit Hwy 51 at something like Medford if I remember the name of the town correctly...
 donb01
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 3/2/2010 7:14:49 PM
What comments am I not supposed to make? You pretty much said what you need to say. Maybe I'm just giving up the ghost - running out of smart comments even!
 donb01
Msg: 5 (view)

Singles Event @ Fratellos Restaurant Milwaukee on February 10th
Posted: 1/27/2010 3:28:39 PM
I hate to back her up, Sir Valentine, but I went down to one of her gigs not too long ago and the place was SRO - I'd bet there were more than 200 there - probably closer to 300 throughout the night. Of course that's too claustrophobic for me to move around and mingle much, but I did just fine and had a great time!

I've been to Fratello's - good grub, and I can probably see your point - there will be a different group of folks that can afford the cost of the dinner and drinks, so you will probably see some different faces!

I for one look forward to seeing the "regular" faces up here in dah nort. I consider them my friends, and I know I will be comfortable at any gathering of POFers if some of them are around to spend time with when the fishin' isn't going the way I had planned!
 donb01
Msg: 5 (view)

Drug use
Posted: 1/16/2010 6:33:29 PM
Well, look on the bright side - supposedly very shortly now it will be legal in WI to prescribe it for medical purposes (besides Cancer, like anxiety and other related conditions) - then all you need to do is get a scrip from a Doc and you'll be all legal again....

Then you can argue about what constitutes a "drug" since you have a prescription and all - theoretically then it will be a "medication".... Otherwise 90% of the population would have to answer yes tot he question

Notice how I wrote this without having an opinion one way or the other!
 donb01
Msg: 7 (view)

Posted: 1/16/2010 6:27:52 PM
Sounds like a plan. I'm sure there are a few more ideas out there to be exploited into an M&G - and Valentine's day is coming soon!
 donb01

Posted: 1/2/2010 12:22:18 PM
You must not have messaged me yet from the new profile....

Here's the message...

Kathleen finally got tired of hanging out with the crowd, eh? silly her :o)

Let me know if you want my help with anything - I'll help you out the best I can. I'm no longer with the Civic Centre so my schedule is a lot more flexible now.

Happy New Year!
Don
 donb01

Get Together at Git-R-Done in Randolph WI Sat Dec19 @ 8PM
Posted: 12/11/2009 11:07:22 PM
I'm spending the Christmas week in SC and heading down there Saturday morning :o(
 donb01
Msg: 120 (view)

Dec. 4, 2009 Milwaukee BASH @ YesterYears
Posted: 12/4/2009 10:37:06 PM
Holy claustrophobia batman!! Had fun dancing with the girls from Up Nort and Jen for a bit, but not much mingling going on - there was barely room to fart much less move around and meet people! An impressive crowd though without a doubt - definitely a record for around here :o) Glad you got to plan all that out and not me! I did enjoy myself though, that was the important part - just a long day at work was taking it's toll and I didn't want to fall asleep on the way home.
 donb01
Msg: 110 (view)

Posted: 12/2/2009 6:41:28 PM
Yah really gotta feel sorry for Santa though... Poor guy only comes once a year, and when he does it's down a chimney....
 donb01
Msg: 133 (view)

WHERE are all the WISCONSITES???
Posted: 11/29/2009 3:11:52 PM
Greetings and salutations from the welcome wagon to all the new arrivals. Feel free to swim around awhile and see what's been going on. You'll find these forums are a bit slow compared tot he regular ones, but this is where we plan all our parties and get togethers so you want to keep an eye on the space!! Also be sure to scroll all the way down tot he bottom of your inbox screen on a regular basis - if there are any events going on in the state (and other states, unfortunately) you will find the links posted down there in blue or green.

Again welcome, and happy fishing!
 donb01
Msg: 53 (view)

Appleton singles Bowling meet n Greet Nov21st
Posted: 11/21/2009 11:57:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your car trouble. We of course missed having you - it was a good time, and a little different than the run of the mill POF event. Maybe Colleen got some good pictures to post this time. The last one I was at with her I don't think any of the pictures are below a PG-13 rating!

Hope to see you Soon!

It was nice meeting the new folks I met this evening and I hope to see them around at another one too. I even had the privilege of having 2 dances with Grandma :o)
 donb01
Msg: 40 (view)

Posted: 11/16/2009 10:53:18 AM
Is there anything exciting that goes on around Chippewa Falls besides the Leinie's Tour that would attract people, and are there a fair number of fishies in your area? I know we've talked before but you must not have ever messaged me because I can't E-mail you (long story, it's in the Milwaukee event thread).

I wouldn't object to coming over that way and hosting one but I would need help from the locals to choose a suitable place that has some kind of decent entertainment, find a date, etc... Usually my spirit is willing but the locals aren't :oP
 donb01
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 11/15/2009 9:38:51 PM
Hmmmm.... This is a Friday night.... I wonder if I can pull it off - probably. I have to work the following week for a play, but Friday should be good..... I'm going to try, but I won't sign up till I know for sure.

OK, here is a story for you.... I've been with POF since August of 2005. While I used the forums often, it took me a good long while to discover there were individual forums for each state. WI had one, and, just like now, there wasn't all that much activity. Those of us who chatted semi regularity occasionally made comments like "we should get some people together", etc but no one got off their butts and did anything. Finally a smart-a$$ comment was made - I don't remember who made it, but someone said for one person to pick a date, someone else to pick a place, etc. Someone picked a date in January of 2006, I picked the Mineshaft in Hartford because it's a great place, and a plan was born. I took charge of all the plans and made it happen. Back in the cave-man days there were no ways to mass-email people, and I don't think there were green links in the inbox - you just had to know the event was there. We created an event thread and contacted the Mods to approve it, and off we went. Since there was no way to mass-email people there were a group of us that took it upon ourselves to personally invite anyone we could reach within a 100 mile radius of the event. The guys invited the girls and the girls invited the guys - because of homophobia back then most people had their profiles restricted so only 'male' or 'female' could contact them so there was no way for guys to message other guys. Back then there also was not a "Block users who have messaged other users for intimate encounters or sex" feature either, so having no clue, we just messaged everyone regardless of what kind of relationship they were looking for - we felt no need to exclude anyone. Later we found out the hard way when Markus initiated the "block users who have...." function on this site and we found out we were blocked (and still are) from messaging many users on this site because of our efforts to spread the word back then. I could delete my profile and make a new one, but I would give up all of the special permissions I have on the site due to my longevity and event hosting and I don't want to. The really sad thing is that Markus won't change the working of that statement - it really means "Block messages from users who have contacted others WHO ARE looking for intimate encounters or sex". It does not mean YOU did it, it means you messaged someone (first... if they message YOU first it doesn't matter) who had that as their relationship type. There is a 3 strike rule, and once you pass the limit it will never be reset and you are blocked from contacting anyone who has that in their profile.

So anyway... That first party in Hartford had maybe 20 people signed up. 7 of them showed, and we had an awesome time. We were so close by the time the night ended that we pledged to try to do one a month and picked Madison as our next location. I learned a lot that night - we had trouble finding each other, had no idea who was who, etc... There may have been more people that showed but we had no way to know. I don't think I can take credit for having the first party in Wi because I think there may have been 1 or 2 old ones on the roadmap when ours went up, but I/we were among the first.

The next one was a month later at the Dry Bean in Madison. A lot more people showed up for that one but there was a wedding going on at the same time and again, over half the people that showed never found the main group (and we knew because they said so in the thread). So at this point I started making name tags, and decided to designate a meeting place at the event so people could find us.

I don't remember the exact timing of the rest, but the next one was at Sluggers or something along those lines in Appleton and had maybe 30 folks show up at some point during the night. Because I had a good thing going in the state I had some conversations with the site management are arranged to receive a box of POF T-Shirts that I could give away at the event. Some people took them but most weren't interested. I met someone at the Appleton event and we started along a path of forming a relationship.

The last one I hosted was at YesterYesars. I don't know exactly when but it was either late April or early May. There was a band that night, and we met in an adjacent area that was kind of in the back of the bar where the band was. We had another small group, but we had a really good time, and the food was great! I tried handing out T-shirts that night too but no too many folks were interested. I think this event planted some seeds for others, which was what I was trying to do in the first place because not too long after Jimmer42 (sp?) started hosting events down in SE Wisconsin and it started growing from there. His events drew more people as the POF site was becoming a bit more well known than it was in 2005 - back then it was almost impossible to stumble upon it by accident.

At that time I decided it would be best to take the summer off, because it was a real chore to pick locations for the events, and to get people to show up with the tools I had available back then. Plus things got more serious with the person I met in Appleton and I kind of disappeared of the POF scene for over a year - maybe longer, but left my profile on the system.

When I came back Jimmer was going strong down South and Kathy and Cathleen were going strong in the Appleton area. I attended my first one as a guest in March of 2008 I think, and got rid of the restof my T-Shirts at that one. Then I pretty much figured as long as someone else was doing it I saw no need to jump back in - after all, it had never been about me it had all been about spreading the word about POF in WI. Since then I have attended several events and quite a few new hosts have showed up on the scene.

I am still willing to travel to remote areas to set up POF events and get them together in those areas, and many have asked me, but no one out there is willing to help my pick a venue or find entertainment, etc, and since I don't live in those areas I can't do it all myself....

So here we are at today - with all the modern sign up tools, bulk E-mailing and communication tools - the events are going great and hundreds of people have been touched in one way or another by POF. And the hosts - I am willing to bet that everyone who has stepped up to the plate has done so for the same reasons as me - because they want to do it for other people (and hopefully along the way they will stumble upon someone for themselves, but that's not the plan). Hosting can be a bit of work, but it is a very rewarding experience when you get to see all the people you have brought together enjoying themselves and making new friends...

So there's a story for yah!!
 donb01
Msg: 38 (view)

Posted: 11/13/2009 3:21:49 PM
Sonic Circus Rocks!! They were at the M&G I did in Appleton at Sluggers or whatever the bowling alley/bar is called out by Hwy 41 on OO in Appleton...
 donb01
Msg: 9 (view)

Posted: 11/12/2009 3:30:48 PM
Funny.... The last event I formally hosted was at Yester Years - It was a good time. I think there were 15 - 20 of us there but I can't remember - I know SuziQ was there, and I think Jimmer... I remember it being a nice place with good food. I stayed at the Best Western not too far away to the West and they gave me a pretty good deal.
 donb01

WHATS WITH THE DECEPTION?
Posted: 11/9/2009 4:01:53 PM
You guys were probably responding to the first post, but what I typed above was intended to be non gender-specific, so if I somehow implied one way or the other.... Oops
 donb01

WHATS WITH THE DECEPTION?
Posted: 11/8/2009 8:52:07 PM
Welcome to internet dating! You ARE right - if someone is misrepresenting themselves and you begin having a conversation and things go well and progress normally you're eventually going to meet. So if you start the whole thing off with deception you are going to be stressed even more than usual about meeting because the truth will be revealed, and you might also get your feelings hurt - not just because you might get rejected, but even if the person you meet may have accepted you just as you are but you have been "lying" to them about who you really are. It's one of those matters of 'if you're lying to me before we ever meet then how can I trust that you won't lie to me about other things'.

I've been doing internet dating for a long time, with some modicum of success, but even though I've gotten really close to Ms. Right I haven't made it yet. I have learned a lot of things over the years:

ALWAYS post an accurate picture (or have an accurate one available for those who fear exes knowing who they are by pictures or co-workers, students, etc). After you hit it off with someone and spend a month building a friendship only to find out when you finally break down and send them a picture (or meet them) that they don't like you and immediately disappear never to be seen or heard from again - IT HURTS like a mother. Put up that picture - and if they don't like what they see they will never message you, and you will never know they exist, and you won't get hurt from being rejected after making a new friend just because they didn't like that big hairy mole on the side of your nose.

Don't make stuff up about yourself. Just tell the truth about who you are and what you are all about. If they don't like it they will move on. If you make up 20 different stories about stuff you are eventually going to either forget who you told what, or forget which version of the story you handed out, and then you will be confronted with the "I thought you told me you drove a red sports car - this is a 1979 yellow opal with black racing stripes" kind of things, which then make you lie more because you have to quick whip up a response to being busted - which you won't have time to think through so you will make even more mistakes and dig yourself in deeper - JUST BE HONEST!

IT IS EASY TO BE RUDE ON THE INTERNET - deal with it or don't do online dating. Face it - there is a big difference between sitting across a table from someone and having a conversation where the person either tells you flat out they are not interested, or just gets up to go to the can and never comes back. In those situations you are a real human and they will see and experience your reaction and possibly emotions related to what they just said or did - that doesn't usually make people feel good - even bailing in the middle of a date doesn't leave people feeling good. However, on the internet you can insult somebody, be rude to them, blow them off or any of a number of other indiscretions you would never do in a face to face situation. There are no feelings (most of the time) - you don't see or experience the other person's reaction because in a way they are not a real person to you - they are just words on a computer screen. Those words may not have your phone number or know where you live or work so you will never see them and you will never have to be confronted about what you did to them - unless of course you run into them at a Meet & Greet. So who cares if you hurt their feelings, insult them, belittle them or any number of other rude behaviors - they're just some name on the computer, right?

So knowing that all happens, I still enjoy meeting new people online and making new friendships whether it is for dating or just to talk, have coffee or dinner, movie buddies or whatever - I just keep in mind that the name on the screen is a real person that has feelings too, and I keep it in the back of my mind that some people online can be really rude - and if they are, then I just take what I just said and say to myself "So what - they're just some name on a computer screen anyway - who cares" and go on with my life. It is a lot easier to deal with the computer stuff than to be rejected in person or ask someone out and be told be told to get real - which, among other things like not liking bars, etc, is one of the big reasons computer dating has become so popular. People don't need to do the work to find a person, introduce themselves and build a friendship or relationship in person - they can just 'go shopping' on a computer screen, and just keep catching fish and throwing back the ones they don't want without having to feel any remorse about it whatsoever.

Please don't read this as bitterness because it's not. It's the reality of computer dating, and your emothions will take far less of a beating as you move forward if you keep all these things in the back of your mind.
 donb01
Msg: 28 (view)

Posted: 11/8/2009 8:22:51 PM
We would most definitely like to see you there - it will definitely add more life to the party!
 donb01
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 10/31/2009 8:05:53 PM
Aaaahhhhhmmmm Thinkin' about it. Trying to figure out if I have any other responsibilities on that day/night. I know I'm going to a friend's party the following afternoon, but I think Saturday is clear.

I did manage to put on a mile or so dancing in Green Bay, but it really took a while to get the crowd moving there. I haven't bowled in a while so maybe my arm is rested up enough to give it a shot!
 donb01
Msg: 10 (view)

Posted: 10/30/2009 8:58:32 PM
If you remind me and ask really nice maybe I'll bring my camera along if I come over that way and do something nice for you......
 donb01
Msg: 14 (view)

meet and greet party in green bay wis oct 24th
Posted: 10/23/2009 4:05:11 PM
Just walk in the door and look around - usually there are nametags, sometimes there are tiaras, sometimes signs, sometimes balloons, sometime it's obvious and sometimes not!

It's usually pretty easy to tell unless the place is huge and there are a ton of people.
 donb01

Posted: 10/20/2009 3:18:00 PM
If you're coming via I-43 to Hwy 172 then take the Ashland Avenue exit as soon as you cross the big bridge going westbound. Then take a left and go to the 2nd stop light. The fist is Holmgren at the corner of the mall parking lot and the second is Oneida up by Best Buy. Take a left on Oneida and proceed in that direction to Hansen Road - the car dealer may be either Toyota or Saturn - I can't remember. I don't remember if it is left or right on Hansen Road from there but you can only go 2 ways and if you pick the wrong one first turn around and go the other way I am planning to go right toward the car dealer first....
 donb01
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 10/11/2009 9:01:54 PM
As far as I know I have nothing going on so I'll probably be scooting over that way to show my face and brighten the room. Hopefully my dancin' shoes will get some decent wear on them this time!
 donb01
Msg: 71 (view)

Meet & Greet - Sat., Sept. 26, 2009 - Neenah, WI
Posted: 9/22/2009 9:35:21 PM
Nothing to be worried about - everybody is really cool and laid back. As Tom Cruise said it best in Risky Business, "Sometimes yah just gotta say .... "

I officially have all my junk moved into my house and am reasonably able to move around, so I see no reason why I shouldn't be there - especially since some of my favorite POF'ers are on the list to show up!
 donb01
Msg: 62 (view)

Posted: 9/8/2009 3:41:09 PM
Thousand Island or Peppercorn Ranch usually work for me for dressing

Don't worry - it's really laid back, and the nice thing is you can stroll in, mosey up to the bar for a beverage and check us out, and then decide to jump in when the moment is right! Nobody will be the wiser unless you want them to :o)
 donb01
Msg: 54 (view)

Posted: 9/6/2009 4:48:23 PM
Well, the boss speaks... Now the party is a quorum!! Only about two weeks until the best September POF event begins
 donb01
Msg: 51 (view)

I'm alive!
Posted: 9/4/2009 11:18:09 PM

Don, just because I have it plastered all over my facebook page, doesn't mean you have to be a blabber-mouth on here.

Do you really? I guess I should go there and check it out more often if I'm missing the juicy stuff like that! I forget how I found out - I thought it was the other night when you sent me that kinky text message...

And I'm not a blabber mouth.... (unless it's really juicy!)
 donb01
Msg: 49 (view)

I'm alive!
Posted: 9/3/2009 10:22:42 PM
I've suspected for some time now, but Julie let the cat out of the bag the other day when it was meowing so much and she felt sorry for it
 donb01
Msg: 47 (view)

I'm alive!
Posted: 9/2/2009 3:19:28 PM
You do realize that IMMEDIATELY after you hit post if you review what you typed there will be an edit link on the left side?.... At least for me there is... But once you leave and come back or someone else posts it is permanent! :o)

This educational moment has been brought to you by Don...

We now return you to your normal ration of flirting between Jeana, Don, Bengi and Julie
 donb01

Fox Valley, Appleton, GB - Areas
Posted: 8/27/2009 9:57:48 PM
Ohh I can just imagine a group of us at the comedy club - if the joker found out about that he'd have a field day :o) That doesn't mean it would be a bad thing - it could just be really off the wall!

Comedy clubs generally aren't loud... There is usually someone up on stage hoping to make you laugh - it can be really fun. I'm not sure how much opportunity to mingle and socialize there would be though except before or after the act....

If it get's set up I would probably attend barring any work conflicts - if nothing else just because I haven't been there in a long time....
 donb01
Msg: 39 (view)

Those attending for the first time
Posted: 8/23/2009 9:28:21 PM
Hmmm... I guess I've been a bit short for words lately... I'll try to increase my stature in the future and try not to truncate my comments. :o)
 donb01
Msg: 37 (view)

Posted: 8/23/2009 9:09:54 AM
OK, that whole sandwich thing is a bit much for me... well... maybe with a little red wine vinegar, some mayo, a few pickles, some ripe... olives..., and well toasted....

Julie beat me to that scared of heights comment - I guess I'll have to check the forums more often!!
 donb01
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 8/19/2009 4:51:59 PM
Hmmmm.... that could definitely increase the entertainment value that's for sure!

I'm sure there will be at least a little mischief going on - probably most of it will be caused by ittybitty, but yah never know - if Benji shows up all the odds are out the door

I, on the other hand, am always the picture of innocence and angelicism, so if you need a role model for that posture feel free to enquire about how you can join that elite group
 donb01
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 8/17/2009 4:42:37 PM
Basically they usually camp out near the door in their sexy tiaras and greet you as you walk in. Then you fix yourself up with a nametag and look around for people you might know, put faces with the names, and start saying Hi to people... Later people start to dance, mingle, have conversations - you know - the usual stuff... Sometimes if you're lucky people have enough to drink and start singing, but I can't mention any names 'cause what goes on at the meet & greet stays at the meet & greet :oP The whole thing is pretty relaxed and informal, and there is no pressure to do anything or be anyone or any of that - you just hang out.

donb01
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 8/12/2009 7:51:14 PM
Oohhhh, oohhhkayy... I'll sign up early - but I can't promise anything. i just bought a new house that I'm getting the keys for next Friday and then I'll get to start moving a 13-year stockpile of crap - minus all the stuff going into the dumpster...

I'm hoping to be done by then, so it should all be good.... :o)

There are a few people I would like to see again that have been hiding for a while!
 donb01
Msg: 12 (view)

Posted: 8/10/2009 7:05:01 PM
Oh My God! She's alive!!!!
Dang... I thought you ran off on us and met someone :oP
Nobody has been here to keep Benji in line....
 donb01

Appleton M&G with Kathy and Cathleen is back!!!
Posted: 7/30/2009 4:01:16 PM
Hey! I'm up for it. I don't tend to hold preferences for any location or group, but find that I enjoy visiting most of the different options because each one tends to bring out a different group of people that find it easier to travel to that location, like the activity, etc. I've always had a great time at the Appleton gatherings - dancing, people watching, signing assorted items from various bachelorette parties and etc...

Would look forward to another one in the fall, and will probably need a break from moving into my new house around that time!
 donb01
Msg: 64 (view)

Green Bay Hosts' birthday meet n greet. July 18th 2009
Posted: 7/17/2009 5:46:59 AM
I'm not judging you at all.... Just taking the opportunity to give you some crap for missing out on the spankings, possible birthday kisses, getting her trashed so we can take blackmail photos, and having your hearing damaged by wayward karaoke singing and stuff like that

We'll all cross our fingers for you - maybe at the last minute a solution will present itself!

If everyone backs out Colleen's gonna go through present deprivation!
 donb01
Msg: 61 (view)

Green Bay Hosts' birthday meet n greet. JUly 18th 2009
Posted: 7/16/2009 10:32:59 PM
It's only Friday - you have 2 days to find a babysitter!!!

Some people's kids.... (and parents)... I tell yah

We're gonna miss you, and yer gonna miss ALL the fun!!!
 donb01
Msg: 49 (view)

Green Bay Hosts' birthday meet n greet. July 18th 2009
Posted: 7/13/2009 7:24:11 PM
Welll.... if you get it warm and moist it will probably rise (from the yeast you pervs!).

At least it will be frosted and not glazed....

will it be cream filled?

will we have to eat it with a spork?

Will it melt in your mouth, not in your hands? (the frosting I mean)

Show ALL Forums