Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: I Feel Bad Now ... (Guys I really need your help on this one!)
 lil red corvette
Msg: 17 (view)

I Feel Bad Now ... (Guys I really need your help on this one!)
Posted: 1/3/2010 10:44:33 AM
Seriously .. what's the problem ?
You told your guy not to spend much...
He did anyway....
His choice ... his decision...why do you feel badly ?

Christmas shouldn't be about how much you spend....
If this is the important enough for you to worry....be thankful that you have a great life !

p.s. $30. is not a cheap gift
 lil red corvette
Msg: 9 (view)

Why would a guy lie?
Posted: 10/11/2009 11:03:35 AM
Hey.. you're in California....
Why not go for it !!

Call him and start seeing him behind your own back !!!!
 lil red corvette
Msg: 7 (view)

Texting/checking phone
Posted: 10/11/2009 10:57:16 AM
I would have suggested you taking out your phone .. dialing his number and sending him a text.... something like .... " a little less attention to your phone and perhaps a wee bit more to the woman accross from you deciding whether or not she is interested "
 lil red corvette
Msg: 10 (view)

what do you think about a girl making the first move?
Posted: 9/16/2009 11:57:32 AM
As long as you -show men that you respect yourself and demand respect from them in return, it matters little who has the cohones to ask first :)
 lil red corvette
Msg: 5 (view)

Bootycalls
Posted: 8/31/2009 4:51:10 PM
It's all a question of respect. A man might pretend to respect you when what he might actually respect is between your legs....
These kinds of guys give the rest of us a bad reputation.
We are definitely not all like that.

Some of us do respect woman .
 lil red corvette
Msg: 14 (view)

Am I too forward??
Posted: 8/29/2009 3:33:46 PM
You did the right thing, if someone is shallow enough to be "bothered" by a wheelchair.. best to let him be a nuisance to someone else altogether .

Keep the faith.. there are some good guys on this site... (granted few and far between).. but keep in mind you need only one gem ......
You will find him.... good luck
 lil red corvette

See other's
Posted: 8/26/2009 5:10:41 AM
Be glad that the coward didn't breakup by email or text !
Too many people I find have no class anymore.
Politeness and respect (as well as self respect ) seem to be going the way of the dodo bird .
 lil red corvette

First date hook-ups
Posted: 8/24/2009 6:10:44 PM
Those of us who feel the same are in a DEFINITE minority ! Any relationship is based on respect formost ! If a man doesn't respect you ... what is there ?

If you want sex and he wants sex... voila .. you have sex.... but don't fool yourself into thinking that you had more .

If a guy pushes you faster or farther than you want .. run for the exit !!!!!
 lil red corvette
Msg: 18 (view)

So confused what should i do.... can any1 help?!
Posted: 8/17/2009 9:35:30 PM
Post on your profile that anyone who is disrespectful in any way will immediately be blocked for good.
The instant a guy makes you feel the least bit uncomfortable, kick them to the curb so fast their heads(both of them) will spin !
If you don't demand respect.. chances are that the average guy on a "dating" sight won't offer you any, sad but unfortunately true.

Take heart .. there are some good guys out there... they are just a bit harder to find.

Don't get discouraged !
 lil red corvette
Msg: 15 (view)

First date
Posted: 8/16/2009 6:08:10 AM
I'm 100% with you, NEVER a first meeting at a guys place.
If a woman does she is begging for trouble not to mention direspectful .
As for a first meeting at a bbq (although one of my fav. things ) expecting a woman
to be comfortable is not reasonable.

Blow off ( certainly no pun intended) any man who wants to meet at their home...suggest a coffee somewhere , if they don't like the idea , move on.
Just the fact that you are having difficulty making some men understand how you feel
makes me certain that you have been speaking with the wrong men.
Good luck
 lil red corvette
Msg: 6 (view)

am i an idiot?
Posted: 8/12/2009 8:56:35 PM
whether or not you are an idi@t or not depends on what you want.
If you want more and say nothing and go on the same way.... well....
sorry t0 say... yes you are
 lil red corvette
Msg: 18 (view)

What do you make of this?
Posted: 8/12/2009 8:03:30 PM
wierd.. but NOT ok.... if a man professes his love after a matter of only a few hours....HE IS PLAYING WITH YOU .... get it ?

He played with your head and I am truly sorry for that...

hope you are well
 lil red corvette
Msg: 20 (view)

How 2 attract the right kind
Posted: 8/11/2009 5:37:20 PM
I suggest taking totally different shots , have some fun with taking them and post several of them.
One of your pics is very "Spartan" and has no feeling in it.
The other is of a really big gun.... which can scare off the most manly of us at the best of times !

good luck
 lil red corvette
Msg: 15 (view)

Need a guys opinion
Posted: 8/11/2009 9:58:38 AM
Simply tell him that you would like to see where he lives...
if he refuses .... that should tell you what you want to know.
If you have reservations.. best not to second guess yourself.
If after asking him, there is still no invite ... curb kick !!!
 lil red corvette

HEY GUYS I NEED HELP!!!! NEED REPLIES!!!
Posted: 8/9/2009 8:17:31 PM
Men are intimidated by intelligent women who know what they want in life.
I wouldn't change a thing in your profile.... not a thing.
Keep in mind that you aren't ( I'm assuming) looking for quantity but rather quality... you want someone who isn't looking for a bagger at walmart (not that some baggers aren't wonderful people :)
You need to put out there who you are , what your aspirations are , your hopes... dreams... what is important to you.... I think your profile does a splendid job doing just that.
Change nothing... your pics are super .... if the profile doesn't attract the right person .... be happy that you didn't waste a great deal of time with the wrong people !!

Keep your spirits high .... and have a wonderful summer
D
 lil red corvette
Msg: 16 (view)

Curious about this
Posted: 8/9/2009 1:25:44 PM
The old saying " any club which would have me as a member doesn't interest me " comes to mind .. especially if the initiation is at the same time as the application.

No matter what we say, men (yes all of us ) are intimidated by independant strong women.... the problem is that we are all attracted to them as well.

lil red corvette
Msg: 8 (view)

Would love him to go down on me, how?
Posted: 8/9/2009 1:19:52 PM
ask him if he likes honey... if he does, start pouring :)
To your second question ... the best things in life are multiple lol !
 lil red corvette
Msg: 2 (view)

Lol really why?
Posted: 7/27/2009 4:20:29 AM
This is a fools version of the numbers game.
They know that eventually someone with a very low self esteem will take this sort of language as a compliment.
Personally , I think they should be tied to a tree in the wooods , covered in honey and left for a week or two... or better still.... leave them out there lol !
You are , of course correct , the language is thoroughly innapropriate and they are simply looking for sex. I hope they don't find it :)

A woman needs a man to respect her and no one will respect someone who doesn't respect themselves.
There are decent guys out there.. ignore the pond scum and keep positive !
Good luck
 lil red corvette

i need a man's honest advice.
Posted: 7/13/2009 11:17:56 PM
In a word..... Yup.... you are wrong.
you and he are still not in a serious relationship.

Sorry to say this... but it's just a matter of time before this fellow bolts for the door and keeps on running.
"He was into another girl".... thing is ... she didn't put out.... you did.
He is a "picky" , "detached" , unemotional guy who says he isn't into you.

The lines are clearly in front of you ...... READ BETWEEN THEM .
 lil red corvette

Should I wait??
Posted: 7/13/2009 11:07:12 PM
nothing good will come of your "waiting" for him.
o.k.... I'm a bit of a cynic .... but "I love someone I can't be with" sounds like this might be a setup for a long and hard fall.

Walk away from this one.... find someone with no baggage and save yourself a whole bunch of grief down this particular road.
 lil red corvette
Msg: 297 (view)

Why do men use me??
Posted: 7/11/2009 2:36:16 PM
a combination of 3" thick rose colored glasses , being a hopeless romantic and hoping to see the best in people.
This mix will see this user leave you when you have helped him to feel strong enough to go.
Know that you are empowering him... cut your losses and find someone new.
people will treat you exactly how you allow them to.
 lil red corvette

is pussy better before a girl has kids
Posted: 7/11/2009 12:20:05 PM
The most frightening hing is that you are an "adult" with children asking an adolescent question like this. Do things like this really concern you ?
Again , I weep for our future.
 lil red corvette

Can guys ever really be just friends with a girl?
Posted: 7/10/2009 5:46:00 AM
Three basics. 1. guyz want sex. 2. guyz lie about it . 3. castrated men are safe bets :)
Not all guys are only after sex... present company included ... but it will take some looking .... good luck :)
p.s . you want people who say whay they mean ? sheesh.... i believe thhere is an order of Tibetan monks who do that... no wait... that's a vow of silence..... let me work on it and get back to you lol !
 lil red corvette
Msg: 20 (view)

y push me away?
Posted: 7/8/2009 7:46:40 PM
engaged three years / on a dating site/ young woman with immature boyfriend.... whats wrong with this picture ? EVERYTHING !!!!
p.s. spell check rocks !!!
 lil red corvette
Msg: 12 (view)

What is his motive?
Posted: 7/8/2009 6:51:41 PM
You have encountered the " maleous confusicus" .
He doesn't have any clue what he wants, so he keeps all avenues open.
However , keeping all avenues open causes him incredible cerebral stress, headaches and in fact , even more confusion.

If you encounter one of this breed.. the best course of action is to stare them down, showing no fear or confusion ( as this can result in further complications) ask key questions , such as " where is this relationship going? "

This exact phrase is genetically engineered to strike fear into the heart of the "confusicus" and will allow you ( for a time ) to see his motivation more clearly... providing of course that he doesn't faint .
 lil red corvette
Msg: 11 (view)

clueless
Posted: 7/6/2009 5:16:29 PM
Other than your atrocious typing, the question is when did you have sex with him?
My guess also is second or third date.
You don't respect yourself and don't be surprised to become a booty call.

I apologise for the tone .. but next time keep the pants on until you see whether the guy is a dog or not.
 lil red corvette

Friends or more????????
Posted: 7/4/2009 3:11:14 PM
Sorry to say this ..but it sounds like i'm reading a post from a teenager.
The gene pool is getting shallower all the time.

good luck.
 lil red corvette

Why do guys do this?
Posted: 7/4/2009 3:07:11 PM
You should bring it up.. they do it because they can.
The first time this happens..you should walk away from the table , shake your head and tell them that you are really disapointed with their behavior.

It probably won't happen again.... if it does... the fellow is a dog and doesn't deserve your time.
 lil red corvette

how to attract a man???
Posted: 6/29/2009 5:12:07 PM
My best advice to you is to head to the nearest string of grocery stores... look for guys that you find attractive and ask them to help you reach something on a high shelf.

If they are available and have a pulse ... they will strike up a convo and you can take it from there.

good luck... money back if this doesn't work lol !!!!
 lil red corvette

Are guys here just looking for sex?
Posted: 6/29/2009 1:57:52 PM
I suppose that now you need to be warned about the guys who warn you about OTHER guys....often more dastardly and potentially dangerous than the "quick gimme gimmee" variety.... more subtle .. harder to spot.... but often with the same goal in mind.

The thick plottens lol !
 lil red corvette

Yet another question...
Posted: 6/28/2009 10:13:23 PM
someone elses money shouldn't come into question at all.
If it does.. you're already off on the wrong footing.

I couldn't believe some of the earlier comments and how callously financial they were.
I wish everyone good luck... but if you need to be thinking about a pre nup before even getting to know someone ... or have to bring your lawyer along on the first date..... save everyone a lot of hassle and don't go out at all.... rent a movie and buy some popcorn !!!!
 lil red corvette

What would you prefer?
Posted: 6/28/2009 10:04:55 PM
door number one without question
 lil red corvette
Msg: 7 (view)

What's the pedalpumping obsession all about?
Posted: 6/24/2009 12:23:50 PM
All I can say ... (besides of course..."wtf" ) is that I find myself constantly surprised in this life.... I suppose if a guy who feels this way has what he considers to be attractive feet.... could he "auto-pedal pump" ? :)

I suppose that I would suggest digging deeper into these peoples psyches before investing much time on them ... who knows... they may have erotic obsessions with power tools and small animals lol !
 lil red corvette

call me any time
Posted: 5/26/2009 2:09:38 PM
Tell him just that. If He still doesn't call, find someone with manners.
 lil red corvette
Msg: 63 (view)

How do you tell a someon you don't find them attractive?
Posted: 5/23/2009 3:23:39 PM
Simply write back.... thanks but no thanks... and hope like heck that they aren't pathlogical !!
 lil red corvette
Msg: 30 (view)

Whats the best way to approach a woman anywhere.
Posted: 5/23/2009 3:20:48 PM
Go to a mens only bath house..... you won't have to worry about saying anything at all.

Life is risk... If you think you are bothering them .. you probably are.. if you think you are a creep with cheesy pickup lines.......
 lil red corvette
Msg: 21 (view)

Guys And Ball Hats...???
Posted: 5/23/2009 2:58:18 PM
I can't help out there.. I've never understood the whole ballcap thing.
Someone should tell them that it increases the likelihood of balding.... lets see how many ballcaps survive ! lol !
 lil red corvette
Msg: 19 (view)

AH Pregnancy scare, he won't talk to me. PLS help me save this!
Posted: 5/23/2009 2:56:00 PM
I wsould say that he is not the only immature one !
Good luck on the growing up thing....

Ahhh to be young and blindly unaware again !!! lol !
 lil red corvette

Whats Going On?
Posted: 5/22/2009 4:52:45 PM
Test him... say you will drop the dating sites for the summer.
If the situation with him doesn't improve in a little while , kick him so hard to the curb his teeth will hurt for a month.... and jump back in the pond :) Good luck !
 lil red corvette
Msg: 13 (view)

Workaholic or something more?
Posted: 5/22/2009 4:48:48 PM
I am sorry to say that he is on his way out the door....
 lil red corvette

Screaming Booty Call , Yet Denying It -
Posted: 5/17/2009 5:11:03 PM
Go to his house... watch what you drink and bring a baseball bat ! (just in case)
p.s. either go with a girlfriend .. or give the phone number and address to a friend to call you within an hour.... (but don't forget the bat! )
 lil red corvette

Guys: We KNOW you Like SEX ...
Posted: 5/17/2009 5:08:20 PM
And well you said " not all" .. my only comment is that you have been hanging out with the wrong guys.... again I mention the "minimum three month rule" it will keep convos extremely short with some men lol !
 lil red corvette
Msg: 16 (view)

Why do men ask your bra size and virginity?
Posted: 5/9/2009 9:39:41 AM
I agree with blueskies... they are helping you to weed out the morons !
Anyone who asks you this early on is a dog... seeing if you are also a dog... at the point of the question , tell these fools that you think that they just blew it !

How would the average guy feel if a girl asked the size of his "attachment" and whether he is any good in bed ?

Best to be rid of idiots as fast as aou can !

Good luck... we aren't all morons.. well.... not all the time anyway :)
 lil red corvette
Msg: 13 (view)

complete turnaround in a guy ending it suddenly...why?
Posted: 5/5/2009 8:24:51 PM
You are a very attractive girl.. but just that... a girl .
You are twenty four and struggling with the meaning of why some people do the things they do.
Truth is.. (and you may take another twenty four years to realize) ..they do it because they can.
To look for deeper understanding or ideally closure when someone hurts us , invites confusion, depression, solitary tearful evenings of one way conversations and possibly therapy !

Don't try to understand.. just move on ... the hurt wont stop till the healing begins... and the healing doesn't begin until you want it to.

Deep breath... call the girlfriends... tell them how awful you feel (over a pitcher of margaritas) and climb out of that pit.... nothing good will come of lingering over what might have been.

You have (believe me on this one..) many adventures ahead... and more than one great love in the wings... but you won't fnd him dwelling on the past.... go out and find him !
Good luck
David
 lil red corvette

Favorites list, you add them but then don't talk to them
Posted: 5/5/2009 4:06:32 AM
Check if you have restrictions to contact you , if have an age or distance limit on your profile guys who are a couple of miles past that or a year or two younger/older might think this is the only way to say "hello" .
or
Some men are just chicken and hope that you will notice and contact them first :)
 lil red corvette

First date-- Cinco de Mayo?
Posted: 5/5/2009 3:58:00 AM
Your choice , Tequila ( "makes me crazy") wild party first date... possible "wtf" did I do last night .... or pass on 5th of may thing and get to know the person a weee bit longer ..... My vote is for the latter...
 lil red corvette
Msg: 11 (view)

ex booty call?
Posted: 5/3/2009 1:12:48 PM
If you aren't sure.. let it rest... see how you/he feel in a few months... and keep his pants on and zipped up !!
 lil red corvette

Mixed Messages
Posted: 5/1/2009 7:07:05 PM
Don't play his game. Don't call him. Don't waste your time . (Rule 103) If he doesn't ask you out again... there is a reason, keep your self respect and see if he does ask you ... if not , his loss.....
 lil red corvette
Msg: 2 (view)

How do you see this going?
Posted: 5/1/2009 6:58:36 PM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news..... but.......
Unless he is 15 years old.... if he were interested romantically.... he would have done/said something.
You say that your feeling is "he seems nice, sane and interesting" .... perhaps he feels the same way.... just no "rip off the clothes and fog up the windows"....

Chalk it up to having a friend. Get some sleep. Stop dwelling on him. Breathe. Move on.
 lil red corvette

What do you mean!!
Posted: 4/17/2009 3:08:18 PM
My b.s. meter is flashing .... best to move on... no good will come of this for you.
Let him go find another girl he "doesn't want to be just a fling " and get yourself a guy who isn't playing.

Show ALL Forums