Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: 2013 NFL Season Predictions and Weekly Won/Loss Records
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 276 (view)

2013 NFL Season Predictions and Weekly Won/Loss Records
Posted: 2/5/2014 8:01:39 AM
going back and relooking at the highlights of the game one thing really caught my attention and that's the 2nd half kick off, why did they decide to pooch kick it I have no idea esp to a return man that's a wr? the nfl made it harder for kick returners to return a kick off a couple years ago when they moved the kick off to the 35 yardline. So why did the broncos pooch kick it and not kick out of the endzone or had them down it in the endzone? And it wasn't like it was a mistake to kick it that short, that kick was by design. you're down 22 points kicking off the ball and you pooch kick it. ok..... the broncos should right a book after this horrible loss and the book should read 101 ways how to lose a super bowl. not taking anything away from seattle they played great but the way the broncos were playing its as if they were asking to get humiliated. Another thing is I think it's pretty safe to say we can now for certain say that the talk of manning being the greatest qb of nfl history debate has now been put to rest. you can't be the greatest qb in nfl history time when you are 1-2 in superbowls. I'm sorry in order to be crowned the greatest qb in nfl history you have to be great in the regular season and in the post-season, which manning is not. if people want to crown manning for being the greatest regular season qb in history, that's certainly plauseable considering the records he has broken over the years in the regular season, but not the greatest qb in history, that is no longer up for debate.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 271 (view)

2013 NFL Season Predictions and Weekly Won/Loss Records
Posted: 2/4/2014 4:38:52 AM
Some of these calls the broncos where making were mind boggling. like opting to go for it on 4th down and not getting the field goal to put points on the board when it's 22-0 in the first half. I mean there is still an entire half left to play! 22-3 going into half time would have gave them at least something rather then nothing at all. I mean being down by 19 points looks better then being down 22 points with a big fat 0 on the board and nothing to show for it.

Why were they challenging a forward pass that was obv not a foward pass, did no one on the broncos staff up in the booth have a working monitor? that wasn't even close to a challenge.

I really didn't understand why they ran it on 3rd and 10 either, i mean this wasn't like you were playing a bad defense, where you could do something like that. i mean you were playing against the number 1 defense in the league that were putting the boots to you all night!

Punting the ball when they are down 29 points late in the 3rd qt was really stupid. I mean at this point it was go for broke they haven't scored any points on the board, their defense wasn't stopping seattle, so why are you punting the ball on 4th and 11 even if you were backed up on your own 39 yardline, you're down by 29 points late in the 3rd!!!

It was just an overall piss poor coaching job by the broncos coaching staff. either they overlooked seattles team during prep or they were just happy to be there. either way the broncos were outcoached on every level. hell the patriots would have put up a much better fight then the broncos did against seattle.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 1050 (view)

New Orleans Saints
Posted: 12/28/2013 12:35:45 AM
basicly the saints are in control of their own fate. They need to win and they are in against tampa this sunday or a cards loss. if they lose and the cards win against the 49ers, the cards are in and the saints are out. I think the saints will beat the bucs, then again you never know from week to week in the nfl, but it looks like they got the easier game compared to the cards.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 298 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 4/7/2013 3:31:40 PM
what was the steel platted bus around the middle of the bus? the engine block doesn't subside there.

how we were talking leaving the bus out of woodburry. to reduce the potential risk of getting spooted before they went in there that doesn't mean they were able to get everyone out without the gov or his henchmen not noticing.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 296 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 4/7/2013 9:15:57 AM
I was referring to tactical planning. I wasn't comparing the us military to woodburry's army. tactical planning would be to take a part of a group and attack your enemy while a portion of the group stays back and protects the settlement. I can't imagine that the gov would be stupid enough to leave the entire woodburry guarded by only two people that he just met.

ok and therefore it was a visually bad account, because when you say 27 people will die you expect to see that or close to it, because i'm not the first person on here the said noticed something about the numbers being pretty off.

exactly but if it was already in town it would have gotten heard. I mean diesel school buses aren't quiet to say the atleast. So the only conclusion I can come up with is that it had to have been parked somewhere in a distance away from woodburry.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 293 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 4/6/2013 11:28:07 PM
again are you saying no one was left to protect woodburry but only 2 people when he took the army out to the prison and furthermore what was it based on the accounted personal that was going to be deployed to fight the prison. I mean just like when solders go out and fight in wars not every soldier in the arm forces are deployed to go fight it. The accountable troops that left for Iraq and afghan for example weren't the entire arm forces of the U.S. military. So yes it would have been pretty stupid if the gov deployed everyone in his army to attack the prison and only left 2 people behind to protect woodburry, so if you don't think the gov is stupid then wouldn't you think then that he would have left more then 2 people behind to protect his town from an ambush....

it wasn't even close to 27 yeah I would say it was bad. it wasn't like they missed a couple people out of the 27.

like I said you tell me how they didn't. ok so lets play out that example say if there was only 3 left then how could you not cause a distraction with a big diesel bus rolling into the town getting people out and attracting walkers around woodburry in the process trying to get everyone that was left out of woodburry. You couldn't. the gov or his henchmen would have heard it, it's not like woodburry is a big town.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 290 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 4/6/2013 3:18:16 AM
accurate? where does it state that figure you gave was his entire army I never seen or mentioned that was it you are just assuming it was.

So he killes 8 and yet you say you accounted for 5. ok which goes back to proving my point about bad visual effects then to portray 27 killed yet in the season finale it was way less. and merle killing 8 was 3 less then the actual figure. that's my point.

Go reread the last page you wrote on it and furthermore are you saying that tyrease and his sister were guarding the whole entire town from an ambush that could have taken place and no one else was helping them out? I don't think the gov was that stupid enough to take an entire army and leave woodburry at a risk of an ambush attack from them while the gov was attacking the prison.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 288 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 4/5/2013 8:44:12 PM
not missing anything first you said he killed 8 now it's 5. so like I said merle didn't kill 8.

I did but where did it state that merle killed 8?

I don't know you tell me. I was going by what you said about part of his army being left behind to protect woodburry now you said that it was only tyreease and that woman. first you said it was possible for all of them to get out. then you said part of his army was prob protecting woodburry which is when I implied if that was the case then surely they couldn't get everyone out without someone noticing. Now you say well it was prob only tryease and that woman watching woodburry or how else would have they gotten out with that bus. Seem to be going in circles about this here.

well like I said he could have done something but didn't he could had many reasons to kill the gov and still hasn't. if he was soo mortified by the gov he could have killed him, but didn't. diff is merle lied to the gov about killing michone thinking that the gov would never find out which going behind someone back and lying to them about something important isn't what I would call loyal. Merle has always been in it for himself. he took advantage of woodburry Martinez isn't like that he has always been truthful and loyal to the gov.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 8 (view)

LAPTOP MOTHERBOARD
Posted: 4/5/2013 7:53:38 PM
WHATEVER asus never has crapware on it u got used from someone who had it before u .you get what you pay for.I have and sold ASUS ,many models no crapware .get a life

No I got it new my laptop was 1400 dollars. What models were they and news flash trial ware is crap ware.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 23 (view)

is Evow faking emails to get people to pay the fees?
Posted: 4/5/2013 10:13:35 AM
I've been spam bot bombed on there a couple times. where someone messages you and they look like they are legit people with a couple pictures and a paragraph about themselves etc.. but when you read the message they send to you they ask for you to contact them outside the website via e-mail and if you do then you will get a lot of spam from them in your e-mail inbox that you used to send them a message with. Seems like spam bot profiles are become more and more popular with spam artist on dating sites now.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 5 (view)

LAPTOP MOTHERBOARD
Posted: 4/5/2013 5:47:20 AM
^^^ Hmm that's funny my n61jq series had crapware installed on it when I got it new. So I don't know where you got that info from unless it was a special asus series for offices like a dell vostro or something that has no crap ware on it.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 286 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 4/4/2013 9:31:30 PM
ih8tefrogstoo as I see it he helped provoked it he didn't do anything while it was happening or even after it happened. I think he could have shot him and went back to tell the rest of the people what happened at woodburry and that would have been the end of it, but they couldn't do that, because the gov is a big part of the show now and the writers would have hit a big writers block going into season 4 if the gov was dead.

And I agree I wasn't thrilled with the finale bad writing a lot of hype was built up and to me it didn't live up to all that hype and the ending wasn't something to write home about either it was very somber, unlike the season finale of season 2, that lived up to it's hype and then some.

so now it's 5? yet they never said how many he shot.

like I said Martinez had every chance to shoot the gov he would have, but didn't. you can disagree all you want to but he just didn't. like I said season 4 will shed some light onto why.

well I will agree with that she was taking way too much time to get those pliers and Milton kept telling her to hurry and she kept talking to him.

the way I see it is most of those people getting off the bus were non fighters anyhow I mean if part of his army was there at woodburry he still has an army left how much of an army is yet to be seen. So are they out numbered greatly it's hard to tell based on who is still remaining in woodburry.

He takes in what he sees, what he did with the kid by killing him seems to follow with the notion of how society has gone. he saw a lot in his young life and sees that if you don't kill your enemy, your enemy will come back and kill you. As he made ref to when his dad was in the meeting with the gov and showed that as an example why he feels that way. which was a good point. if this was a year ago when all of this started to happen and people were joining groups they prob would have picked up that hitchhiker, but now they see everyone outside of their group ad potential threats because of the events that has taken place over the past year. So as we may look at it as wrong what happened to the kid and the hitchhiker in their world the way things are it's a total diff story into why they have become that way which is understandable.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 284 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 4/4/2013 3:32:31 PM
I never said it was impossible I stated that if he cared he could have actually did something and not provoked it ontop of that. So by not doing something that showed he cared? Besides Martinez didn't have to kill them the gov had a machine gun, that was able to kill everyone in seconds.

Milton looked the other way because he didn't want to believe what was going on and finally he came to a realization that he couldn't do that anymore because the gov of who he was became a reality to Milton after that. Martinez is not Milton, he kills people with little regard. Martinez didn't kill the gov when he had the chance. So his loyalty is still with the gov.

the numbers don't matter now yet you were debating me about the numbers when I said there weren't that many people there.

so if the entire army that went with him is dead except for 2 and now you said some of the army was left at woodburry to protect woodburry then that would mean that the entire army isn't dead then.

where was it stated that he killed 8 in the memoriam on the talking dead it showed he only killed 4.

if the entire army died yet you stated that some of the army was left behind to protect woodburry would be a contradiction. so like I said clearly the entire army didn't die. Now if you said the army he had with them were all dead then that's one thing but the entire army if some of them were left to defend woodburry that weren't apart of that raid then didn't die and a part of his army is still left.

well then it's not believeable when 27 people were said to die when there were prob 10 or 12 in that shoot then. So you can't make something believable when the numbers don't add up to make it look that way. like I said there was no mention of how many people were in his raid on that last episode.

well lets see from all the info I gathered fro you is that a part of his army was still in woodburry the gov and his henchmen were there going in that entire town and getting the whole entire town out without them noticing would have been really hard to pull off.

I never said it followed it exactly I stated if it aligns itself in which some of the stories from the comic book have with the series then in season 4 it will show that woodburry isn't abandoned and that the gov tries to portray the rest of the people living there that the ricks group ruthlessly slaughterd their army making them look like the ruthless killers and as for who would stay there after that the others in the town are unaware of what took place still. so there is a logical reason why some people are still there and not because they want to be there but because they simply didn't know or weren't able to get out given the fact that rick and his group couldn't get the entire township out that lived there. season 4 will show that.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 282 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 4/4/2013 1:01:51 AM
becky I wasn't implying she just appeared out of no where I was saying she appeared with them to tell tyreese to tell them that the gov killed his own people.

The 27 people that were suppose to die didn't add up in the season finale rather that was a swerve or a miscalculation I don't know. just like the swerve where many people suspected carl would die because Andrew aka rick in a recent interview said someone very close to him will be killed changing his mindset forever and it ended up being andrea instead. So to many people that was sort of a swerve.

martinez could have killed him on the spot this is what raises questions onto why he didn't do it. he had many reasons to do it but didn't. to me that shows that he is still loyal to the gov and his cause or else he could have offed the gov if he was that mortified about what he was doing and could have saved a lot of people in the group when the gov had his back towards him firing off rounds, but instead he let it continue to happen. Not to mention like I said he helped provoked it by calling them a bunch of wussies for turning back. I mean martinez as far as i'm concerned is as cold hearted as the gov. Milton on the other hand was very close to the gov but he tried to put a stop to the gov once he realized that the gov wasn't the person Milton thought he was . Martinez has known what the gov has been about and doesn't care.

that number changed because some of the towns people were complaining of health issues when they did that count. So the numbers fluxuated from the time that count was in place to the time they went to war with the prison.

like I said I think the woman with the help was tryreese and rick etc.. was able to try to get as much people as she could out but couldn't get all of them out of woodburry. and if the show is aligned with the comic book series, there are still people there in woodburry and the gov is going to lie to them telling them that the prison group slaughterd them and the gov and his henchmen were the only ones to barely make it out alive.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 279 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 4/3/2013 7:43:47 PM
What interview stated that? Ok clearly there isn't 27 people there in the scene where the gov shot everyone. First it was 35 now it's 27? Furthermore no one died in that raid. So whoever was there in that raid when the gov shot all of them was there when they went into the raid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pjHyOml954

Rick darayll and machione all went to woodburry at night when they ran into tyrese at the gate that's when that woman appeard to tell them about the gov and what he did. Now fast forward to the prison bus scene there were clearly not an entire population of woodburry that stepped out of that bus.

Merle didn't kill 8 he killed 4 in Season 3, Episode 15, "This Sorrowful Life."

Again what interview was this.

I stand corrected but with that said there was not 60 people getting off that bus. i'm sorry I watched the episode a couple hours ago and there wasn't even close to 60 on that bus. So what you are saying is you can make up a number without acutally showing the accuracy of the number in which was represent? Like I said this is obv your assumption seeing as there were no count of people that were actually fighting on that episode that raided the prison. but based on visual evidence there wasn't that many people on the raid or who stepped out of the bus.

Martinez had a choice or not to he just wanted to be on the gov side he called the people that ran a bunch of wussies and provoked the gov even more to do what he did. So clearly he is on the gov side. like I said if he wanted to off the gov he would have and could have but didn't after the gov slaughterd his own people he just went with it. if they were still being human then they would have killed the gov when he started doing that but not only provoked it but allowed it to happen.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 275 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 4/3/2013 2:38:17 PM
35? if you can actually cite a source I would like to see it, because there was no actual count of how many were going to the prison to fight.

knowing that the gov and his henchmen were there they couldn't just go door to door knocking on peoples houses and tell them all to get out.

There weren't 75 or 100 people on that bus when those people got out go rewatch the last episode. besides the avg people that can fit into a bus is 50 to 55 people. two adults per seat unless they were all kids getting on the bus where they can fit 3 people per seat then you can get 75 people on that bus. Not to mention that bus wasn't a standard size school bus it was a prison bus which was shorter.

Ok well then regardless of what war it was or where ti took place that proved my point about how enemies can set their diff aside for a short time being and go out and kill each other once the fighting resumes.

Martinez is second in line to take over woodburry he could have killed the gov right then and there and didn't when he saw his own people getting killed by the gov so if there is anyone that had a number of reasons to kill the gov it was Martinez, but he didn't, because he is as ruthless as the gov is. like I said he could have killed him for a number of reasons but didn't. at the end of that killing scene it was him the gov and Schubert they could have easily killed the gov but both mean didn't so when he was left in that position he could have taken him out because the gov was vunerable. So he is def still on the side of the gov.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 273 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 4/3/2013 12:36:47 AM
There were 35 people he deemed as fit for combat when he enlisted his army. The people left behind aside from Tyrese and his sister were the children, the elderly, and the (probably) invalids. He killed his army, if any of the rest decided to stay, they would be nuts because they are of NO use to him. They took everyone, I guarantee this happened. What it appears has no bearing on what happened. You also have to keep in mind that at one point EVERYONE wanted to leave after the first time the prison group attacked them. One of their own coming back to inform them that their fearless leader executed their, parents, or children, or friends. I'd stick around to find out why.

There was never an actual count of how many people were deemed fit to fight.

Thing is the people left behind may not even know the events that took place seeing as it doesn't appear that they were able to get everyone out of woodburry.

Well you are making the same assumption then saying that everyone left woodburry as in what you think appreared to happen.

Some people want to leave when that happened not all.

Martinez if you remember was also disconcerted with the meeting between Rick and the Gov. Look back on his conversation with Darryl. He said it was all a joke. I'm sure that once him and the other guy process all of this, they won't stick around either. They had it good in Woodbury, that is all gone now. Martinez isn't nuts, he obviously showed a conciense when he spoke with Darryl. his relationship with the Governor is nothing more than going along to get along now. Which it probably was all along. He killed way more than 12 people as well, they only showed that many bodies, watch when they are storming the prison, way more than 12 people are there. TV illusion.

yeah as in this isn't going to get settled this way. They had many chances to kill the gov or leave but didn't. like I said they did the gov dirty work killing innocent people with no baring on their guilt. This was the same thing they could have killed the gov right there but didn't and stuck by him. They aren't going to all of a sudden get this aw inspired moment where they just now come to realize the gov is nuts. They have shown to be as ruthless and heartless as him. Well so did the Nazi's and English troops in Africa. I mean when both sides were at a temporary halt for the time being a lot of the troops on either side played soccer with each other until they started to fight one another again. So yu can take the Darryl and martinez temporary at ease moment for whatever it is worth. Way more then 12? So if tv is an illusion like you said then how do you know how many he actually killed then.............
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 272 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 4/3/2013 12:35:51 AM

There were 35 people he deemed as fit for combat when he enlisted his army. The people left behind aside from Tyrese and his sister were the children, the elderly, and the (probably) invalids. He killed his army, if any of the rest decided to stay, they would be nuts because they are of NO use to him. They took everyone, I guarantee this happened. What it appears has no bearing on what happened. You also have to keep in mind that at one point EVERYONE wanted to leave after the first time the prison group attacked them. One of their own coming back to inform them that their fearless leader executed their, parents, or children, or friends. I'd stick around to find out why.

There was never an actual count of how many people were deemed fit to fight.

Thing is the people left behind may not even know the events that took place seeing as it doesn't appear that they were able to get everyone out of woodburry.

Well you are making the same assumption then saying that everyone left woodburry as in what you think appreared to happen, which is a bit contradicting considering no one knows exactly.

Some people want to leave when that happened not all.

Martinez if you remember was also disconcerted with the meeting between Rick and the Gov. Look back on his conversation with Darryl. He said it was all a joke. I'm sure that once him and the other guy process all of this, they won't stick around either. They had it good in Woodbury, that is all gone now. Martinez isn't nuts, he obviously showed a conciense when he spoke with Darryl. his relationship with the Governor is nothing more than going along to get along now. Which it probably was all along. He killed way more than 12 people as well, they only showed that many bodies, watch when they are storming the prison, way more than 12 people are there. TV illusion.

yeah as in this isn't going to get settled this way. They had many chances to kill the gov or leave but didn't. like I said they did the gov dirty work killing innocent people with no baring on their guilt. This was the same thing they could have killed the gov right there but didn't and stuck by him. They aren't going to all of a sudden get this aw inspired moment where they just know come to realize the gov is nuts. Well so did the Nazi's and English troops in Africa. I mean when both sides were at a temporary halt for the time being a lot of the troops on either side played soccer with each other until they started to fight one another again. So yu can take the Darryl and martinez temporary at ease moment for whatever it is worth. Way more then 12? So if tv is an illusion then how do you know then how many he actually killed...
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 267 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 4/2/2013 3:03:38 AM
I'm pretty certain that when Karen went back and told the town what the governor had done, NO ONE stayed. There was an entire bus full of people, slightly more than a handful. The look on the governors henchmens faces when he capped everyone for not wanting to fight was very clear, they now believe he's nuts. At this point having just witnessed what he did, are you going to question him. The governor will be the only one willing to fight still, I don't see the henchmen sticking around.

The town has around 75 to 80 people In it less now that the gov killed 12 or so of his own people and the bus looked like it only maybe had 15 to 20 people come out of it. So it's doubtful that everyone in the town left for reasons due to the fact that they couldn't get to all of them or some just decided to stay etc..

His henchmen had a chance to kill him after he did that but didn't, so they seem to still be on his side. Remember his henchmen are the ones that went out and did the dirty work for the gov many times killing innocent people. So they are just as nuts as him.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 265 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 4/1/2013 6:24:08 PM
I see you watch the Talking Dead too

Actually no I just saw that her toes were well pedicured and I was like damn she must have been treated like royalty there all that time she was sleeping with the gov. lol

I thought he did that when he killed all but two of his people and the rest went back to the prison with Rick and Tyreese

they were only able to convince a handful of people to get out of woodburry and put them on the bus. So he hasn't totally alienated himself just yet. Season 4 should shed a lot more light on where the factions lay.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 260 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 4/1/2013 12:21:24 PM
Andrea seemed like she had it real good in woodburry, anyone see her pedicure toes when she was trying to get the pliers with her feet? I guess you get all the perks when you sleep with the gov huh. lol

I was expecting it to be the final chapter in the conflict between woodburry and the prison in an all out war, but it didn't turn out that way. I think what will end up happening is the gov will end up going so mad with power that he ends up alienating everyone even his most loyalist people at some point.

And carl had a great point for killing that kid, if you don't kill your enemy, your enemy will end up killing you. He brought up great points about his dad had a chance to kill the gov but didn't which led to merles death, Andrea's, death and a number of the gov own peoples death. and when he dropped that badge at the end it symbolized that what the law represented in the past with just reasoning and cause based on morals doesn't apply now, it's a kill or be killed, survival of the fittest type of world they are living in now.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 257 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/31/2013 9:28:31 AM
and he knew it was a suicide mission, so he acted quickly, getting himself in position at the first direct window he found.

Actually no he didn't. if you watch the talking dead last week when they had the actor that plays merle on the show when asked that question in regards to it being a suicide mission, he said no that wasn't the plan. The plan was to use the walkers as a decoy to distract the militants and kill as many as them as possible while they were being too distracted by the walkers to notice him and get out.

It was a brilliant plan, but a walker somehow managed to get in the shed and distracted merle long enough for the gov to find merle and kill him.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 255 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/28/2013 11:55:42 PM

A week before the finale, Andrew Lincoln (Rick) told E! News of Episode 16,

"That episode doesn't pull any punches. It's pretty much what everyone has grown accustomed to in our season finale. It's carnage, and there is death. Something happens that I find incredibly shocking that relates directly to my character and the prison family. It really came out of left field for me and I never expected it. When I read the script, I was really shocked."

What if it's his son. Now that would be a major shock to rick.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 22 (view)

Regrowing teeth may soon become a reality.
Posted: 3/28/2013 11:47:39 PM
Based on what information?

Based on the video that they reported it on.

SteelCity1981
Msg: 20 (view)

Posted: 3/28/2013 3:36:27 PM
They say how? What's there to grow into a new tooth?

The nerves and blood vessels in the jaw bone form a root apex which then the root apex forms the pulp of the tooth. From the pulp of the tooth it forms the soft layer inside the tooth which is called dentine. Then the dentine part of the tooth forms the final part of the tooth which is the hard layer of the tooth called the enamel.

So by stimulating the nerves in the jaw bone with ultrasound the root apex will begin to grow a tooth.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 18 (view)

Posted: 3/28/2013 3:32:14 AM

According to the video, they're only talking about being able to put a broken tooth back in the mouth and it re-bonding. Not new teeth.

@ 1:02 in the video stated new teeth started to grow not existing teeth that were partly broken.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 3/27/2013 8:14:13 PM
I would imagine it would be pretty safe considering they are using ultrasound technology, the same type of ultrasound technology they use for women who are pregnant and to spot tumors in a persons body etc.. but with that said I can imagine you would deal with the typical pains of growing teeth all over again.

I wonder if the same technology can be applied to stimulate hair growth in balding men. now that would be interesting....

You may think something like this would put a lot of dentist out of work but I bet when this technology does get approved that the dentist will be the only ones that are licensed to perform this.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 3/26/2013 9:24:22 PM
This is a pretty amazing video about how ultrasound devices can help regrow teeth. Just think about not ever having to worry about losing dentures or if your tooth somehow gets knocked out or is too decade to where the tooth has to be pulled you will be able to just regrow that tooth. Right now it's about a year or so away from possible hitting the market.

Video Link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAwvDv4nnWQ
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 245 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/25/2013 6:00:41 PM
well when you are as powerful as the gov is, no new comer is going to be a threat when you have the amount of peole inside woodburry keeping tabs on you. Milton is or was the gov's eyes in the sky so to speak he kept tabs on every new comer coming into woodburry. Rick doesn't have that luxury that the gov has. So the gov is a lot less threaten by new people then Rick.

If you remember herchel was in charge of the group at his farm. Herchel didn't want the kid to be there the deal was to fix the kid up and send him off. they had a small amount of sympathy for him because he was just a kid, if he was an adult they would have left him where he fell and let the walkers eat him.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 3 (view)

Evow question
Posted: 3/25/2013 7:46:14 AM
yeah i know, but since pof owns evow and since no one contacted me back in the contact us section about this on evow and nor do they have a message board to post this question in; i figured i'd ask here and see if any of you mods may know instead.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 1 (view)

Evow question
Posted: 3/25/2013 7:39:22 AM
how do you change the time stamp on evow? I have looked everywhere and couldn't find it. it keeps showing message I receive or send instantly 3 hours back from my actual time zone.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 243 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/25/2013 2:52:20 AM
Actually the reason why they didn't pick up the hitchhiker is because they live in a type of society now that no one outside of your group can be trusted. At first when the zombie invasion began people were grouping together and if that would have happened a year ago when everything started to be overran by zombies then they would have most likely stopped and picked him up and put him in their group. But now that isn't the case. The way they look at things now is a result to what not only took place back in season 2, but the problems they have had with the gov in season 3 . If you recall back in season 2 they ran into a group of men from another group at the bar and it turned out to be a deadly encounter and what the gov has done to ricks group so far in season 3 when Glenn and Maggie were minding their own business getting supplies for the baby and got ambushed by Merle when he was apart of the gov group and got tortured by the gov. So ever since then their whole mindset has changed completely about strangers and how they look at them as threats now which is why they ignored the hitchhiker and kept driving. So I can understand why they didn't pick him up after the stuff they have gone through.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 241 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/23/2013 8:33:56 PM
The gov was a selfish and bitter person even before the zombie apocalypse. Remember when he was talking to Rick during the negotiations about his life and what he used to do for a living? When that came up he ranted in a selfish and bitter fashion about his boss being younger then him and became really jealous about that. So that should give you a clue about what his personality was like before the zombie apocalypse and how that plays into him having this dictator type of personality we seen now with him being the gov.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 237 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/23/2013 12:28:51 AM
she is portrayed as a natural blond in the series but even if she wasn't Woodbury prob has a nice sum of bleach. Remember they get a lot of their supplies from going to towns and taking supplies from abandon stores or people aka when they shot all of those military men and took all of their guns and utility trucks.

they fast forward months like sometimes you will see 2 months later on a episode etc...

Carol prob is cutting his hair with scissors...

well I don't know about the prison, it doesn't look like they have shaved in a long while but in the Woodbury they have decent amount of supplies. So I'm sure they have razors.

Andrea was pretty sick before she came to Woodbury and they have plenty of food since they grow their own veggies etc.. So Andrea got a lot better which is why she doesn't look starving.

well many of these women wear paints or long dresses so we don't actually see their legs, which would explain the women in ricks camp.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 233 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/18/2013 1:47:42 AM
well when you are doing 16 episodes now per season it's going to take a while to produce and broadcast. To help reduce the amount of time between seasons they split one season into two parts so that they can start filming the next season. So when the final part of the last season airs the wait isn't as long as just airing the season all at once just to have a longer wait between seasons.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 227 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/16/2013 7:05:41 PM
I think the gov's aide is going to be the one to cap him.

Now that would be a twist in the final episode. Expect the unexpected like with Sophia and coming out of the barn. I like season 3 though a lot better then season 2, due to the fact that season 2 turned more into a barn yard soap opera more then an action thriller. I'm just glad the producers heard the complaints from fans about season 2 and went back to a season 1 style formant with season 3.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 223 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/13/2013 9:22:15 PM
last week shows is what were a lot of people have been waiting for. rick and the gov. so it seems like with 3 shows left we are going to see a war between the two in a winner takes all. what's interesting is how andrea is convincing others that the gov isn't who he thought he is and it almost setting up a double agent style of ploy from within mayberry against the gov.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 222 (view)

The Walking Dead
Posted: 3/8/2013 9:14:19 PM
I'm liking the second half of the 3rd season a lot. Rick seem to have gotten a wake up call about his mental state when he reunited with morgan in his home town last week that if he kept going on the same mental path he was going on he would end up alone and crazy like morgan. And I notice they didn't pick up that guy like they might have when society first started crumbling. it's funny because when society first started to crumble people grouped together and that guy would have prob ended up joining rick's group in the beginning. Now they have the mind set that you can't trust any living person that you really don't know, like you can't trust a zombie not eating your brains out. When I saw him get passed by at first I was like man that was harsh but considering what they went through you have to think their mentality after living for a year in a post apocalyptic world where anyone can be a threat and because of that, you can't trust anyone outside your small group.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 14 (view)

Nintendo?
Posted: 3/3/2013 11:03:53 PM
I loved the NES. The NES and the N64 to me were one of the best Nintendo consoles to ever come out for Nintendo. SNES was ok, but nothing special. When the N64 came out it was like Nintendo pulled another rabbit out of the hat. The graphics were great the gaming titles for it were great, just an all around great console. Then the Gamecube came out and it diff wasn't no N64 or NES. The console was quirky, the mini disc format was a flop in the U.S. and in a lot of other countries seeing as you couldn't play regular sized DVD's on it and the game play was mediocre at best. I felt this is where Nintendo started to go backwards at this point. Then the Wii came out and it was ok other then the wii remote which made it highly popular and the low price it was nothing to brag about, but it was deff a lot better then the Gamecube. Then we come to the Wii U and well I got to say from my exp with it it's pretty bad. No real innovation here to stand this new console out that will help bail it out from gaminging developers flocking over to other devices . Hardware is slow and clunky at times and barely better then the 7 year old xbox 360. For a company that wanted to step it up in graphical game play they have sure done a bad job. Nintendo needs to go back to their roots back to the days where they were innovative and lead the gaming world with performance at a competitive price like with the NES and N64 days.
 SteelCity1981

So You Thought Your Relationship Was Like This.......
Posted: 2/17/2013 4:23:17 AM
life happens. Relationships can be soo unpredictable. People can change just like that even when you think things maybe going well. If we all knew what the outcome was to the people we meet before we begain a relationship with them then we would be able to determine if that person was worth persuing or not before hand which could save yourself a lot of heartache, but we can't so the next best thing is to learn from your past and become more stronger and more wiser for it.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 56 (view)

Superbowl?
Posted: 2/7/2013 9:59:26 PM

Not quite accurate. There are 0 parts of the Electrical Grid in any stadium, regardless of age. I think what you're wanting to say is that main incoming power lines were replaced after Katrina.

there are in internal regulators grids that regulate power areas of the staduim via adjusment of the voltage levels through passing circuits.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 55 (view)

Superbowl?
Posted: 2/7/2013 2:32:45 AM
actually the half time show didn't cause the blackout because the half time show was running on its own generators.

http://articles.courant.com/2013-02-04/sports/hc-super-bowl-power-outage-20130204_1_power-grid-outage-halftime-show

So far they think the sub station outside of the superdome had an electrical serge causing one of the main circut breakers inside the superdome to trip which cause half the lighting to go out in the superdome. Many parts of the the electrical grid in the superdome was replaced after katrina, so it wasn't due to old wireing, but with that said it's still based on the same old electrical grid design from the early 70's when the superdome was being built. Modern staduims electrical grids have an more modern electrical grid design. If this would have happened in any other staduim built within the last 20 years it wouldn't have caused half the lights to go out like it did with the superdome, because the electrical grids in those staduims are better equipt to handle such issues due to their more modren electrical grid.
 SteelCity1981

Plenty of fish won't send my messages!
Posted: 1/28/2013 7:57:56 AM
yeah it's called don't send a lot of email messages to women each day. pick and choose your women to send messages to. i take it you are prob doing some copy and paste "hi how are you?" type of message to 50 women or more each day, because thats how you hit the limit of sending messages. There shouldn't be a reason that a person hits their message daily limit on here unless they are sending spam messages.
 SteelCity1981

We owe Marcus a vote of thanks...
Posted: 1/27/2013 4:10:50 PM
Gee this couldn't be anymore of an ass kissing thread. Like cowboy said marcus is in the business off making money not charity. The more people that visit this site the more advertisements and the more hits these advertisements get the more money they pay to marcus. So we are the sole reason why this site has been so sucessful. So if anyone owes anyone thank you it's marcus to us, because with out us he wouldn't have made any money off of this site. Which is why you never bite the hand that feeds you and we are that hand.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 11 (view)

Satellite service
Posted: 1/27/2013 2:14:08 PM
well what kind of dish is it directv dishnetwork etc...?

With directv and dishnetwork you shouldn't need any type of spilter if you are only going to install it in another room. all you need to do is route the cable line from the other room to the dish. now if you are installing 3 or more recivers into a house then you need a switch.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 29 (view)

what is best anti-virus program. Kaspersky? Norton?? McAfee???
Posted: 1/20/2013 1:40:15 PM
microsoft security essentials isn't good. in real world protection test it did bad and failed AV-TEST-Certification again.

Microsoft Security Essentials Fails Certification Again

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/AV-TEST-Certification-Security-Essentials-Double-Failure-0-Day,20524.html
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 18 (view)

rejection does it get easier
Posted: 1/14/2013 7:39:17 PM
everyone has been rejected at one time or another, that's life you take the good with the bad, but if you give up then you never know what could have been if you just continued to stay the course. Iv'e been rejected on here and i've rejected others on here as well, but thats the whole process of finding someone to suit your needs in which you have the most common with and who knows how long it takes to find that special person but when you do find that special person you would look back and say it was well worth the wait.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 9 (view)

Fake account
Posted: 1/12/2013 8:58:55 PM
i notice that spam profiles are becoming more common, where some spammer puts up a random profile and sends the same message out to people and gives you their phone number or e-mail. So when you text them or message them they ask you questions and when you reply to them they don't even respond to the same question and go to another random question as if they are phishing for your personal infomation and at the same time you start getting spammed with texts or e-mails.
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 21 (view)

What's the best video game out
Posted: 1/10/2013 7:37:05 AM
Mine too, but I am not a regular gamer ---
my 15yo son made me play it after I saw a video games awards thing, that had a cool trailer with a cute little girl playing with lady bugs...
I became emotionally attached to Clemintine--
(those who have played will understand)

I loved that game it's a combination between a roll playing game and a first person shooter type of game and every action you make determines the outcome of the game itself. I played it twice one being Mr nice guy and one being Mr ahole lol.

Wait until The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct comes out this year that's going to be a thriller of a game.

trailer link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=B2KdJ--kRVo
 SteelCity1981
Msg: 40 (view)

windows 8
Posted: 1/7/2013 6:21:53 PM
you are too fun. you come on here disputing people even the sources yet you have yet to cite any claims yourself. Do you not understand that you can't proclaim something if you don't have sources to cite to back your claim up.

this is funny your are making claims that those aren't the reasons yet you have no source again to cite anything.

proper infomation based on low sales figures. and what might that be. it was already cited that a lack of upgrading and slow pc slaws are a contributing towards sales.

yes and you do yet i see no source to back anything you say up. lol

lol this is the biggest hypocritical statement yet i should read what i write BUHAAAAA you come on here writing BS you can't even backup with anything. Endlessly contrdict yourself. i mean how many more people do you need to tell you that you lost this debate. Seriously i know it's extremely hard for you to realize that because you can't handle losing, must be an insecurity issue or something.

asking the impossible, so citing anything you claim is impossible? i guess when you can't cite anything it is. lol

Show ALL Forums