Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Employed becomes UNemployed. What would you think / do ?
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 12 (view)

Employed becomes UNemployed. What would you think / do ?
Posted: 5/25/2012 9:53:42 AM
Ask it another way? Would you want to date somebody that had a lot of current drama? or date somebody that is fun.

If you can date and keep the conversation away from how hard the job market is and how "unlucky" and "unfair" it is, then go for it. Otherwise, the higher quality ladies will run away from you.
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 15 (view)

girl at work
Posted: 5/24/2012 8:22:16 AM
No where do I see that you describe yourself as an "upgrade" over the boyfriend from HER perspective...No mention of her coming to you to talk and/or flirting like she is interested. Sounds more like a fantasy and will only make your job uncomfortable....

BTW, I don't think dating in the workplace is all that bad, but you just have to be "more sure" of the outcome vs. just asking out somebody that you hardly know....Good luck.
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 7 (view)

What did she call me.... A player.
Posted: 5/17/2012 7:25:44 AM
You have a great set of pictures...but I don't think your profile matches your pictures and they are picking up on it...there is a profile review section that I think you should try.
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 54 (view)

Foods to help lose fat and enhance muscle growth?
Posted: 5/12/2012 11:21:01 AM
These threads usually end up with a lot of posters from various ends...(from bodybuilders to tofu/grass eaters)...

Op said he eats a lot of "junk"...so stop eating junk except for maybe 1 day a week. As far as running, OP....start with the diet first and do some lifting and add the cardio latter when your progress stalls.
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 13 (view)

'nothing serious' and 'no commitment'. Does it even make sense?
Posted: 4/26/2012 9:58:46 AM
The real answer to what people want is based on what you have to offer;)

Nobody wants to go to a first meeting with a crazy person that is 100 lbs heavier and 20 years older than their pictures and hear "but you said you want to get married"!
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Full time worker and part time student a turnoff???
Posted: 4/25/2012 6:07:45 PM
I see a boatload of female profiles indicating the same thing....going back to school in their 30s. Although, a lot of them have kids so I don't know how they have any time for a guy.
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 14 (view)

Is This Considered Shallow?
Posted: 4/25/2012 7:39:44 AM
You realize that a lot of people go to church without a lot of real convictions....She might be going during the week for social activities and volunteering since she is single...I probably wouldn't get so bent out of shape so soon...
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 9 (view)

Is education a bad/boring topic or?
Posted: 4/23/2012 7:03:02 PM
When I was in college, that is one of the first things people talked about when they met....so I don't think it is a big deal...some of it was somewhat of a "status" thing for people with harder majors and potentially better job prospects...

That might be another issue...maybe the person is majoring in basket weaving and doesn't want to talk about it and thinks you are judging them out of the gate....and clams up...try with some more neutral topics and see if you can get closer to actually meeting.
 Willys Wild Wheaties

anyone experienced with hyper-thyroidism?
Posted: 4/19/2012 7:02:00 PM

she said the highest level number should have been 6.5 and mine is 135.6 .

If that is TSH, then you are HYPO and need replacement hormone. OP was Hyper.
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 11 (view)

So I'm 5'3
Posted: 4/18/2012 7:55:37 AM
It's a numbers game...be friendly and outgoing and see what you attract. I have some male friends in the 5-6 range and they didn't have any more problems than my taller friends...
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 16 (view)

Women with Male Gay Best Friends
Posted: 3/11/2012 8:11:28 PM
One of my girlfriends in high school had a gay male friend..they were always friends since they lived next door. It was never an issue since he was a little guy and obvious he was not going to put the moves on....
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 3 (view)

Can excessive pushups be bad
Posted: 3/11/2012 1:45:35 PM
Yeah, you won't get big doing with just body weight....I do weighted pushups...Have a heavy duty back pack that can put weight in and 30 pound chain, also.

Or as the previous poster said....bench press.
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 10 (view)

Nice Guy, Good Guy, Bad Boy ?
Posted: 3/11/2012 9:39:16 AM
This topic is brought up a lot but I think it ultimately comes down to one thing "empathy"...

A normal guy will not be able to give it out to everybody all of the time....

A nice guy will pretend to have empathy and do things mostly because he has less to offer (looks/personality,etc.) because he thinks he will be liked more, but isnt and gets mad. This is often a passive aggressive loop and ultimately is liked less for it...ironic.

A jerk/bad boy has almost no empathy, either. Most likely has an overinflated view of himself. Might use overconfident here.

The Good guy has confidence about where it should and actually might have real modesty... Still probably reserved with his empathy.
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Are you approachable?
Posted: 3/8/2012 9:29:24 AM
Agree that for some that it depends on the right situation (as others said if you are busy)....

And some people are just not open and friendly period. My sister is like that...It would take a lot for her to open up...

I think the vast majority of people after observation are just not open to YOU because they are not excited about your looks, demeanor, body type, etc.
 Willys Wild Wheaties

How much muscle can I put on in about a month?
Posted: 2/16/2012 7:36:16 AM
Why do all of these threads start by asking to do it in 1 month?
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Sending flowers to work?
Posted: 2/2/2012 8:35:26 PM
I think it can make others in the office feel bad....For example, one lady in our office was recently widowed and kinda made upset seeing somebody else get flowers.

Come to think of it....anybody single and feeling sorry for themselves around V-tines day.

Willys Wild Wheaties

I want to take it slow written in profiles. What are hidden meanings?
Posted: 2/2/2012 3:22:46 PM
Same reason that so many put some gibber jabber about being "friends first" or the like...The truth is there are different rules for different potential mates...."Take it slow" is for the "iffy" out there....If you were higher in market value to her, she would lose you and would be smart to know it.
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Advise for a guy who is starting over.
Posted: 12/31/2011 7:41:18 PM
If your confidence is shaky, be careful not to pile the rejection you suffer here on top of how you're already feeling.

Remember that rejection has more to do with "them" than you. ESP. ONLINE. You have know idea of the B.S. on the other side of the computer.

Also, your thread is not unique....seems to be a common "feeling" that people get that you are set apart from others...just remember that when you talk to others and maybe try to help them feel more comfortable. If there is one thing that I have learned is that there are a lot of people sitting on their hands hoping that somebody else will do everything.
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 9 (view)

Old pic. Is it really you?
Posted: 12/21/2011 5:39:06 PM
Next time meet in the parking lot with the car running
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Is it wrong to be excessively picky ?
Posted: 11/19/2011 3:21:34 PM
It really isn't going to matter esp. online....There was a really heavy gal that complained here about guys having a low level jobs/unemployed. You are a security guard...Other words, you can hang your hat on one criteria, but you will fall short in another.
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 2 (view)

Perv or interested?
Posted: 11/12/2011 6:46:26 AM
How long have you been emailing this guy? Why don't you ask to meet to find out what he is really like?
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 20 (view)

need motivation...
Posted: 11/12/2011 6:10:17 AM
The best thing that I have read about why people don't change....you have a war going on behind the logical and emotional arguments...the emotional is more powerful and usually wins.

I think you have to get to a point of tipping the emotional side...hate being fat, hate how people treat you, be uncomfortable, have health go down hill, etc.
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 18 (view)

anyone doing intermittent fasting?
Posted: 11/6/2011 2:15:34 AM
All of the ignorant replies from the fat guys and the people just posting to say that they have never done IF aside, probably why I never started a thread like this here...check out one of the body building sites for lots of information and forget POF forums.
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Your Intelligence is Intimidating?
Posted: 11/4/2011 7:54:46 PM
I was expecting to see you having a PHD or something but you are a Paralegal
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 8 (view)

WTF is a good hearted man
Posted: 11/4/2011 12:46:37 PM

WTF is a good hearted man

Somebody that can ask a question without profanity
 Willys Wild Wheaties

anyone doing intermittent fasting?
Posted: 11/3/2011 7:06:47 AM
Yes, I have done it since earlier this year and maybe do it 5-6 days a month now and still am seeing results. I seem to lose more fat with it than I was with a keto diet and not seeing any loss in my lifting or upper body size. I think most people will argue with you on it, but like everything else...it is a tool.
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Youngest girl a 29 year old guy looking for an LTR should date?
Posted: 11/2/2011 3:04:55 PM

My reasoning is that at 24 and younger people are still very much trying to explore and experience the world, finish their degrees, figure out who they are and what they want to do. Whereas at 29 most people already begin to settle into who they are.

What do you think?

I have met several in their 30s and 40s that still havent figured it out...I like Igor's explanation....you should just try to meet somebody regardless of age....
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 14 (view)

Is looking young a deal breaker?
Posted: 10/29/2011 10:24:08 AM
You look younger because you are not very muscular....eat more and hit the gym...
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 19 (view)

Would You Help Her Get Into Shape?????
Posted: 10/28/2011 12:36:17 PM
Trying to help somebody with no self control? No thanks. They will just turn it around somehow to manipulate you and make excuses
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Guys Asking for Exessive Photos?
Posted: 10/25/2011 2:13:47 PM
The "only one picture" profile is a huge red flag if not at least dated and shows enough....I surprised why cant figure this one out
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Women and their preferences
Posted: 10/23/2011 6:46:58 PM
I think the discussion of "preferences" is usually taken too far for people to justify outrageous requirements that they dont themselves meet....
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 17 (view)

Why the pics with the kids?
Posted: 10/23/2011 7:48:57 AM
a profile that says "My kids are my world" are a complete turn off to me, and to most women...

I know....I only respond to profiles that indicate that they will have a total disregard for their kids and I will be their world...
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Girl rests her elbow on my shoulder?
Posted: 10/23/2011 7:16:51 AM
Interesting that you brought up the "Christian" part since you think it offers value as a dating match and she apparently does not agree....I think you should find somebody outside of your church circle that isnt going to treat you like the gay friend.
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 6 (view)

What Would be Tactful to say if a guy looks nothing like his photo
Posted: 10/22/2011 1:03:13 PM
Easy...if it is just a meeting in a public place like for coffee...say you have to go to the bathroom and just leave
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Do Men have a different Defn of Hangout than Women?
Posted: 10/20/2011 6:21:05 PM
No, I have the same definition of "hangout"....we all meet at the clubhouse...
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 17 (view)

Having Strangers Approach in Public...
Posted: 10/15/2011 7:11:37 PM

My whole premise for asking, was trying to find out if there are some places where you WOULD talk to the person, and others where you would blow them off. From what I've noticed, most people in grocery stores have their lists and cell phones and are very intent on getting in and out fast and really don't seem interested in a casual conversation, but clothing stores people tend to wander and browse a lot more.

How are you going to start up a conversation in a clothing store? Unless you are standing around in the the female underwear section and if she is shopping in the men's section, more likely it is for her boyfriend/husband

Much easier to talk to her in line most places because at least you are not surprised by her fat and somewhat angry man coming around the corner...
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Having Strangers Approach in Public...
Posted: 10/15/2011 5:41:47 PM
Being approachable and confident is really the biggest thing...Most people sit on their hands so being more proactive should help....Hilarious that so many people think that being sociable is going to be creepy
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Women turned off because I take care of mom
Posted: 10/14/2011 7:05:24 AM

.I think people's response has to do with THEM not wanting to ever do it for THEIR parent..

That's a bit narrow, don't you think?

Probably not...I know lots of people that cant even spend a few hours around the holidays with their family let alone do what the OP is doing...People generally push forward their own feelings/expectations of a situation rather than judging it on its own merits...
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 4 (view)

Women turned off because I take care of mom
Posted: 10/14/2011 2:25:13 AM
I would question why you dont put her in a nursing home or why you dont get some in home care for her if she just needs a little help...

Other words, your explanation should match why you are really doing this...

Funny thing is that I know tons of single people of both genders and ages living with a parent for various reasons (financial, sick, or just dont want to live alone)...I think people's response has to do with THEM not wanting to ever do it for THEIR parent...
 Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 16 (view)

The truth would be more hurtful than helpful ..
Posted: 10/13/2011 7:29:19 AM

Hes been told all his life by (ugly) women that physical attraction shouldn't be the most important thing.

Willys Wild Wheaties

Younger guy who has luck only with older women?
Posted: 10/11/2011 7:45:24 PM

girls my age who don't give me the time or day

Because the ones in their 20s are the most chased after not only by your age group but even the really old farts...I know a guy in his mid 50s that the younger, the better and pretty much ignores the 40 somethings...so yeah, you are both getting ignored a bit by your age group
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Email replies but No Dates?
Posted: 10/11/2011 4:33:15 PM
So why are girls back/forth emailing me but won't meet me out in public?

Because

1) They are 50-100 pounds heavier than their pictures and would rather knock you into submission with weeks/months of emails before you meet if ever....

2) Recently divorced and/or not over their last relationship and are wishy washy over what they want to do next.

3) Have so many things going on that you are down the list of priorities past picking up their dry cleaning.
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Is it worth trying again?
Posted: 10/9/2011 7:25:18 PM
I would say no unless you have at least a few other ways/plans in the works to meet new people in the real world....
 Willys Wild Wheaties

What do you mean by your out of my league?
Posted: 10/8/2011 8:22:15 PM
Interesting that more than 1 guy is using this....maybe it is some kind of reverse psychology that they are using today...kinda like fishing for a compliment or getting a response from you to see where he stands.... opps...Happy beat me to it...
 Willys Wild Wheaties

WHY on someones Favorite List but NO MSG??
Posted: 10/8/2011 5:13:27 PM
Your email restrictions are 36 to 46 and you are 42....How else is a 47 or 48 year old guy to get your attention?
 Willys Wild Wheaties

What ever happened to small talk?
Posted: 10/8/2011 10:06:10 AM

The conversations have not been horrible, but I am wondering WHY these men immediately (during the first conversation) expect me to talk about personal details of my life, my past relationships, what I want for the future, how I feel about marriage... Are you KIDDING me?

Wow....most ladies get on here and complain about guys going straight to the sex talk....and you are complaining that they want to actually know more about YOU.
 Willys Wild Wheaties

why do men over 40 ?
Posted: 10/8/2011 8:06:29 AM
One is only "aiming too high" if their success rate is 0.00%

One of the best statements that I have seen in awhile

BTW, OP....this thread topic has been done to death....funny thing gals bring up "Barbie doll" and guys bring up George Clooney and Brad Pitt.

Willys Wild Wheaties

Can a man be drawn in by her eyes first?
Posted: 10/8/2011 7:48:57 AM
Considering that you have no body shots....Yes, it is important for guys to see the entire package and will not be happy with just your eyes...
 Willys Wild Wheaties

Please explain the d-bags
Posted: 10/8/2011 6:34:21 AM

what were you expecting to find on the internet, exactly... men in top hats quoting Jane Austen?

Willys Wild Wheaties
Msg: 18 (view)

Being stubborn vs Standing up for yourself
Posted: 10/7/2011 4:40:21 AM
It depends on what you look like....Why else is there so many "nice guy" threads!

Show ALL Forums