Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Confidence.
 The_Song
Msg: 14 (view)

Confidence.
Posted: 8/16/2011 6:36:06 PM
Depends some ppl do it as a joke, I know my cousin always calls himself dumb and stupid even thou he just became a doctor at the age of 24 ( accepted into med school straight from highschool).
 The_Song
Msg: 56 (view)

first dinner date and he's chatting up the pretty server
Posted: 8/16/2011 6:33:46 PM
you gals are wrong on this, 4 minutes that's it? Are you freaking serious, plus the fact that he was most probably a lot older then the waitress, that maniac level jealousy right there. Good thing for the guy you left, cause it would have been a lot worst for him, what's gonna happen to a guy if they actually get in a relationship with you? Not allowed to talk to any female that attractive? Ya ok sure... because guys don't have friends that happen to be girls and happen to be attractive right, the only one there allowed is the ugly ones now right?
 The_Song
Msg: 3 (view)

Taking advice: Please review..
Posted: 8/15/2011 3:22:17 AM
idk both your pics look like your clencing your teeth and sealing your mouth shut for some reason, like you where pissed at something or someone, try to have a good smile in your picture
 The_Song
Msg: 8 (view)

100 people 0 responses!
Posted: 8/15/2011 3:17:17 AM
personally i found it was much easier to get a response and meet on the internet 5-6 years ago compared to now. Back then i used to get a average of 50% response instead of 5% now, at first i thought maybe my profile sucked but no, seems like most guys are having that problem too right now, could depend on the area you live in and the % ratio male/female too
 The_Song
Msg: 29 (view)

first dinner date and he's chatting up the pretty server
Posted: 8/15/2011 2:35:04 AM
that's over reacting and send a bad message out there that your the extremely jealous type. If you think about most guys have pretty "girl" friends, how will you react when they hang out or talk with them?
 The_Song
Msg: 2 (view)

how to get to LTR from dating? 1st timer...help!
Posted: 8/15/2011 2:28:01 AM
Its kinda hard to tell with just description but i'd say she isn't all that much into you yet, the maybe and the general response time of her messages kinda point to it. The Napa part is kinda a good sign thou, but then again woman tend to get jealous easily. If i where you I'd just not initiate the contacts to much and see if she will instead, sometimes woman ( and people and general) tend not care as much about another person if they know they got them by the balls ( meaning you like them more then they like you). That's all the advice i've got for now.
 The_Song
Msg: 5 (view)

100 people 0 responses!
Posted: 8/15/2011 2:10:54 AM
shouldn't just rely on online for dating lol, its a lot easier the traditional way by meeting ppl, going out, just use online dating to cast your net wider
 The_Song

100 people 0 responses!
Posted: 8/15/2011 12:16:31 AM
so its 100 messages, 5 replies, think thats pretty average
 The_Song
Msg: 17 (view)

dating hope for bipolar people?
Posted: 8/13/2011 11:03:15 PM
I've dated a girl that i'm pretty sure was bipolar, its fine as long as you know when to give them there space and ignore there mood swings. Sometimes its pretty weird thou, I remember when we where living together and she ask me during one of her mood swings why I was there at my own home... its like ok... i'm here because its my house.

In the end it really depends on how much you like the person and if the highs outweight the lows in the relationship
 The_Song
Msg: 41 (view)

Texting Not Calling
Posted: 8/11/2011 11:37:18 PM
texting is fine, because most of us are busy at work/school or with something else, I don't have the time to be on the phone all the time, plus a lot of the time i can't answer the phone or even hear it. Sure for long discussions the phone is much better, but texting is much better for short convos, memos and reminders. Heck i even get texts from ppl right next to me because they don't want anyone else to know what she wants to say lol. Makes for really funny moment where your both laughing and everyone else around is wondering wtf is happening. Also texting is much better for when your getting a number or asking what they want such as list of items, that way you can always refer back to the text if you forget instead of looking like a idiot and calling them back 5 minutes later asking them what they wanted again because you forgot what it exactly was.
 The_Song
Msg: 29 (view)

Why are relationships such a big deal?
Posted: 8/8/2011 12:11:46 AM
because love, even thou it might hurt a lot a some point, is such a wonderful feeling that despite all the negatives and time consumed and broken hearts, that it makes it worth taking those risks and putting in that time and effort in it. Sure been single is fun and all but after a while it gets boring.

But I agree with you on one point a bad relationship without any love sucks and is worthless, better been single then in a bad relationship.
 The_Song
Msg: 25 (view)

How quickly could you enter into a committed relationship.....??
Posted: 8/8/2011 12:08:32 AM
its exclusive the moment she becomes my gf, doesn't mean i will marry them, what it means is that i like them a lot and want to see where this leads, also means i wont be fooling around with other girls too.
 The_Song
Msg: 12 (view)

Why the judgement on single mom's?
Posted: 8/6/2011 12:18:15 AM
its not judgement in the end kids are extra baggage, doesn't mean people won't date you because for it but it does mean that it is pretty much a disadvantage.

As for the second part your just whining, people have preferences just because you don't match them doesn't make them wrong, nor do you need to call all of them college sluts because of your jealousy. You pretty much have 2 choices:

A) ether go with the guys that like full figured girls or
B) do something about it and change your figure
 The_Song
Msg: 22 (view)

Would you date a man/woman who doesnt have money?
Posted: 8/5/2011 7:24:49 PM
Money has never been a issue for me when it comes to dating, I couldn't care less if they person has money or not. As long as there not on welfare because there lazy i'm fine with whatever.
 The_Song
Msg: 327 (view)

Act like a Lady and Think like a man
Posted: 8/5/2011 1:30:54 AM
LOL, typical case of wanting all the advantages and none of the responsibilities. When your married its guess what half the house belongs to you, so why the hell wouldn't you pay for half of the mortgage and want to man to pay all of it for only half ownership?

Tbh I don't care if i have to pay for all of it, but thats only if all the earnings belong to both man and woman, meaning that everything we earn is combined and we share the same checkbook. If you want the guy to pay for everything but still keep your own checkbook your seriously deluded, its ether you pay your part and he pays his or everyone shares everything. Fair is fair
 The_Song
Msg: 106 (view)

Weight. When am I being too shallow?
Posted: 8/5/2011 12:37:13 AM
weight in the end doesn't give the whole picture, have to look at body and shape too lol. But no its not really been shallow, you just know what you want. BMI scale doesn't tell everything too, when i was in tip top shape at 5'6 and 180 pounds i was considered overweight and very close to obese. It was junk since i didn't have a belly at all, just a massive chest, dense bones and big arms. A lot of people who did muscle training would be considered obese by the BMI scale but aren't because of muscle and bone density.

As for your bf gaining weight a good way to get them to lose it is to go exercise with them, that's what my ex did with me when i started gaining weight and it worked pretty well.
 The_Song
Msg: 10 (view)

heart vs mind
Posted: 8/4/2011 11:52:18 PM
Never date a girl your friend dated before , it makes for a messed up situation, especially your best friend, its just a no no. I had was in a kinda similar situation where I ended up dating the ex of a friend. Difference was I meet the girl before i even knew the guy, we clicked pretty well and then i found out she already had a bf and meet the guy. The guy was pretty cool so i became friends with him too, i kinda unintentionally broke them up when i even her bf to go play pool with me on one nite, didn't know she was with him, he wanted to go and she didn't want to go apparently and they got in a big fight somehow over it.

I'm still at the pool hall wondering whats happening when i get a call from him saying sorry he can't make it since he had family problems. I head home after that and 30 min later she shows up at my house crying and telling me they just had a big fight and broke up. I'm like oh shit i caused this somehow . Ether ways after that she'd come over to my place all the time n we ended up dating.

Now the problem was that it was really awkward, we all chilled at the same place and went to the same school and had the same friends, and since they wanted to ovoid each other, most of the time I'd be the one caught in the cross fire. They each be talking bad about each other and since i knew both of them well you can tell the rest. Girlfriend would keep telling me to stop hanging out with the guy and stuff while I really had no reason to do so, the dude was chill and helped me out when i needed it. Anyways it was extremely awkward and i felt pretty guilty about it in the end. Lesson is, don't date the ex of a friend.
 The_Song
Msg: 34 (view)

Interesting 'Good Guys Finish Last' Theory
Posted: 7/24/2011 1:48:45 AM
Love isn't logical to start with. If u stop and think about it who in there right mind would want to marry someone with all the divorce lawyers out there unless you where marrying for money. But personally i'd rather keep love that way, don't want it rationalized or put in a logical manner, because if you do it ends up been I want to be with such and such because they give me these benefits ( input list here). Some people have it that way but personally to me that would be horrifying and a world where i would not want to live in.
 The_Song
Msg: 35 (view)

getting like zero responses!
Posted: 7/21/2011 11:25:23 PM
Pretty good profile, simple and short. Don't really see anything wrong with it. Have to agree with you and intelligent on the dating sites not been worth it thou. Dating online is a lot more harsh then irl, not much success currently. Even with girls you would never consider dating. Guess its because the ratio is terrible here.

Reason I'm on here still is mainly because, I like the forums here and because that's all i got for now till my time frees up in the next couple months ( almost done with school, about to acquire a new business and have to deal getting the bank loans and all >.> ) . Till then PoF is pretty much the only socializing I have time for.

and cheer, i know what you mean, years ago i had a profile on here and it was fine, i got pretty good ammount messages and views, and now all the sudden when i come back poof, nothing nada, not even replies from girls that i would never be interested in... and your left with wondering wtf is wrong with you now, even thou your pretty much the same guy as you where before.
 The_Song

Profile review please, what am i doing wrong? Don't seem to be getting any replies.
Posted: 7/21/2011 7:48:38 PM
Ouch... that one hurt a lil, I'd rather liked that a look ( hair was extremely annoying to take care of thou), but i'll have that removed, thanks
 The_Song
Msg: 4 (view)

Profile review please, what am i doing wrong? Don't seem to be getting any replies.
Posted: 7/21/2011 7:24:14 PM
no this is perfect, not giving the wrong vibe or anything, where here to correct the profile to start with, just wanted to see how other people viewed my profile. By race I mean humankind =p, but this is good, it points out on how people can misinterpret what i'm saying, so its a good way to correct it to avoid any confusion . Thanks
 The_Song

Posted: 7/21/2011 7:18:58 PM
Difference from last time is that I am barely getting any replies now compared to back then and I pretty much wanted to figure out why.
 The_Song

Posted: 7/21/2011 7:16:54 PM
Japan is superior attitude? I'm Chinese lol, I was just stating that Japanese manga is superior to comics here, guess I'll remove that part as to avoid confusion. You go a point on the 27 and profession been a student, never really thought that girls still thought that all students must be broke as a joke and not have a real job too ( that's never been a issue for me). I guess I can remove that and change it to management instead.

Thanks for the review
 The_Song
Msg: 32 (view)

Would you date someone that doesn't love themselves due to lack of confidence, self-esteem etc?
Posted: 7/21/2011 6:54:11 PM
Most people aren't attracted to people with low self esteem. Personally I find people with low self esteem very very unattractive, but i guess there could be some people out there that like people with low self esteem so they can push them around and things like that. Or because they love to have a puppy they can take care off or heal, idk really, just guessing here.

BTW baldness isn't a big deal unless you make it a big deal yourself
 The_Song
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 7/21/2011 6:47:51 PM
Need a profile review please, not to sure what I am doing wrong here, not getting any replies from e-mails I've send, I'm not sending a lot of them them out but when i do, i don't send generic boring emails. It seems a lot different then the last time i was here a couple years back, not getting any replies back is a pretty big shocker to me and I'd like to get some reviews to help me find out why.

Well thanks in advance for taking the time to review my profile.
 The_Song
Msg: 230 (view)

small breast appreciation
Posted: 7/20/2011 4:13:24 PM
Idk about anyone else but fake boobs is the biggest turn off to me, generally i dont really care what size there boobs are as long as they aren't fake.
 The_Song

Moving to a new town which you know no one...
Posted: 7/20/2011 4:08:39 PM
FYI Vancouver isn't a small town, idk how that is revelant on how you can "truly" relate to that.
 The_Song

Feedbacks Welcome
Posted: 7/20/2011 3:43:50 PM
Your profile isnt terrible , the problem is that i find it incredibly boring, lets have a look at some of the lines here shall we:

"I am competitive and play about every sport. My hobbies are mainly traveling the world and working on my charity projects. My life is pretty busy and I am tired of the dating scene. I am trying out POF and hoping to meet some one of substance."

If you look at it, the line describing yourself are a bit to generic and simple. Try to make it less generic by instead of saying your competitive and things like that and giving us some examples or saying how, a little more descriptive or humor in it would help.
 The_Song
Msg: 10 (view)

stupid question
Posted: 7/20/2011 3:29:49 PM
how the hell are we supposed to know that without knowing how you look like to start with
 The_Song
Msg: 6 (view)

What am I doing right or wrong with my profile?
Posted: 7/20/2011 1:53:14 PM
idk man, the profile came off as you where someone that was quite a tool and as someone that gets peer pressured into doing what they wanted. Also i'd drop that I think i'm good looking thing, people can make there own opinions based on your pictures, it just reeks insecurity, same thing about been pressure off been a cop from you parents, your 25 make your own decisions, again that comes off as someone lacking confidence and easy to be pressured into doing things other ppl want.

What you need to do is put in some humor, say what your looking for, and describe yourself in a non generic way i think, also the section about " input your username". should just be About me instead, the username there is weird, at least to me
 The_Song

Shirt on or Shirt off?
Posted: 7/20/2011 1:45:44 PM
depends on the person, if u got abs of steel and look good shirtless go with it, if your out of shape and don't look to good without a shirt on don't go shirtless, nohomo but you looked way better and cooler on your shirtless pic then with them in my opinion. Shirtless pic gave the impression of cool skater look, while both of the shirts on pic gave the impression of middle age office worker impression.
 The_Song
Msg: 47 (view)

Should I pay?
Posted: 7/20/2011 11:58:07 AM
Lol at small claims court, the judge will just laugh at her and tell her what a terrible person she is.
 The_Song
Msg: 77 (view)

Can you actually find TRUE love on dating sites?
Posted: 7/18/2011 11:42:31 PM
You can find " TRUE love" anywhere lol, that's a simple as a answer as you will get.
 The_Song
Msg: 32 (view)

How to play a player?
Posted: 7/18/2011 7:59:20 PM
All the players out there that i've know ended up getting played by some girl in the end. Think the way to do it is just to get them to care about you more then you care about them.

Aobut letting them know, probably should let him know, i dont really see the harm in it
 The_song
Msg: 28 (view)

your gut and how smart it is
Posted: 7/18/2011 10:30:56 AM
i trust my gut feelings alot, even thou i am willing to give people the benifit of the doupt. It has steer me clear of many situations and proven itself right numerous times.
A few times i clearly remember, a night out with my friends we decide to go out to a afterhours, some people suggest we go to this one called Red Lights, usually i like that place and would go, but that day something did not feel right and I was pretty much oppossed to it to the point that i argued with my friends about no going there and going somewhere else. In the end i pretty much told them that they can go if they want but that i was going to another instead. Next day i hear there was a shooting at Red Lights and 8-9 people got shot.

Same thing goes for people, sometimes u just get this bad vibe from people, you warn your friends about them, sometimes they dont listen and your proven right later on.
 The_Song
Msg: 25 (view)

Rap Music
Posted: 7/18/2011 9:36:49 AM
That entirely depends on the guys preference in music in the end. If the guy likes hard-core rap music, i dont think they would mind it. But if they had rap music then you might have some problems
 The_Song

any guys do sarging or pua tactics
Posted: 7/18/2011 9:34:45 AM
like everyone says here, they work, the problem is that building a relationship based on lies and deception is like building a castle on sand, the foundation isn't stable and it will crumble. For short relationships and flings its fine and works perfectly. One suggestion i have for it is just use the approach part to get the woman attention, and then just be yourself. That way its pretty useful to get the woman attention and the rest is up to you. Then again it could be different from people to people.
 The_Song
Msg: 8 (view)

Could i get some opinions about my profile please?
Posted: 7/17/2011 9:53:21 PM
wow, if it was u, u definitely should keep it. It's a good picture, it threw me off because

A) it looked like michael phelps

b) it didnt look anything like you in the other pics at all

is it an old pic or a recent one? in my opinion you should definitely look more like that, and u keep that pic make sure you put in the caption that it is indeed you in that pic, that's all.
 The_Song
Msg: 74 (view)

Why must the guy do it all?
Posted: 7/17/2011 10:32:25 AM
To op, i used to be like that too, i'd wait for the girl to initiate it when they show interest. I guess i was a bit shy and didn't really want to make the first move. Sometimes it works bu in the end its much better if you initiate if your interested in them, that way there is no lost opportunities or regrets the next day. This way you won't be like damn, i know that girl was interested in me, why didn't i do something. Plus as a added bonus u get over your shyness pretty quick if you keep trying.
 The_Song
Msg: 434 (view)

Sex on a First Date - Does it Kill a Potential Relationship?
Posted: 7/17/2011 10:23:27 AM
sex on a first date usually means we don't really want a real relationship with the girl and just want to have sex or a sex friend.
 The_Song
Msg: 15 (view)

Should I pay?
Posted: 7/17/2011 10:20:14 AM
dude is this a serious question, just laugh in her face n tell her to gtfo. Aren't you glad to find out what a b*tch she is after she broke up with you. Just be happy she's gone because you would have been miserable if she stayed with you and you found out later instead of now. I mean who the hell asks money from there ex to pay for there cosmetic surgery ... wtf
 The_Song

Delete or Keep Trying?
Posted: 7/16/2011 6:41:40 PM
Dude this is a online dating site, pictures are pretty much the most important part, its the same way you look your browsing here, you look at the pictures, and if u find them interesting u click on the profile and look more into it.
 The_Song

Could i get some opinions about my profile please?
Posted: 7/16/2011 6:39:33 PM
well i'll start off with picture number 3, not only does it not look like you, but it looks like a picture of Michael Phelps when he was younger. tell me if I'm wrong but I don't think that's you.
 The_Song

Need advice on keeping my ego in check
Posted: 7/16/2011 6:30:10 PM
You obviously care, else you wouldn't be talking about it. But ya you shouldn't be feeling bad about it, its doesn't really matter that much since u didn't like her all that much, plus in the end there nothing you can do about it and you guys weren't at that in a relationship yet.
 The_song
Msg: 77 (view)

Going dutch on the first date...
Posted: 7/16/2011 11:08:16 AM
Don't really care if they girl wants to go dutch or not, usually if i offer to pay, but if they want to go dutch or pay the bill, doesn't really matter to me, but then again the money is never really a issue to start with.

But one thing Laurie, don't even start thinking us men don't spend any less that what you do looking nice, actually usually it cost the guy alot more to look nice then the girls.Go check out the prices for guy and then go check the prices for girls. Our items usually end up been 2x or 3x more expensive then the girl ones. ( yes i figured that out when i went shopping with my ex, i was shocked at the difference in prices)
 The_song
Msg: 464 (view)

Women with multiple cats - sign of mental illness?
Posted: 7/16/2011 11:00:15 AM
depends on the cats and how they talk about them, if the conv ends up been all about there cats, i would definitely steer clear of that, same if she has quite alot of cats 5-6+

and yes a man would be considered crazy if he had tons of cats, that is unless the cats happen to be lions or tigers, then he just be really cool.
 The_song
Msg: 233 (view)

Can women REALLY get laid whenever they want?
Posted: 7/16/2011 10:53:08 AM
Lol its not just woman, anyone can get laid whenever they want if they drop there standards and aren't picky. In this day and age its not very hard to find someone that's willing to have sex as long as they don't have to be your type.

You can pretty much go tell your friend that if he "stop being picky" he can pretty much have sex whenever he wants too

"4. Learn how to dance(I have never seen a man that was a good dancer go home solo
unless he wanted to), or tell a funny, non-insulting joke or have an interesting
conversation about something other than sports, your ex, your glory days, etc
(that all has a time and a place but not all the time)"

- number 4 works in my experience despite what they movies would otherwise tell you, plus its fun as hell too
 The_song
Msg: 119 (view)

Who You Attract vs Who You're Attracted To
Posted: 7/16/2011 10:47:53 AM
Happens to everyone I think, i'm Asian and right now i'm attracted to asians, and when I go out, for some reason I cannot attract any asians, but I attract white, hispanic, black girls easily, especially girls with hispanic/latin blood for some reason. I think there was only once i had a asian girl hit on me at a club, and i was so suprised that time i actually ended up snobbing her =x. I think its probably because I'm a banana ( yellow outside, white inside). Oh well thats how life is i guess.
 The_Song
Msg: 38 (view)

Question for guys
Posted: 7/16/2011 7:16:24 AM
depends on ppl, some ppl do some people don't. Personally I don't really mind dating a girl taller then me unless she was way taller then me, to the point that it would just be very very ackward
 The_Song
Msg: 16 (view)

attractive scale?
Posted: 7/16/2011 7:12:38 AM
To put it bluntly your friend is a idiot, just because someone you rate as ugly thinks your attractive it makes you less attractive? Are you serious? That pretty much makes no sense at all.

As for the "scale thing" it does exist for some people, sometimes people get bored and start rating people, I'm guilty of doing it sometimes when I'm bored and hanging out with my friends. Sometimes the scales agree with each other sometimes not, all it means in the end is that beauty is relative. People have different opinions and see things differently that's all.

Show ALL Forums