Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: I really want the ladies to give me their opinion - unfortunately 'ask a girl' is only for men
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 30 (view)

I really want the ladies to give me their opinion - unfortunately 'ask a girl' is only for men
Posted: 1/20/2010 3:25:55 PM
This is something I've been thinking about quite a bit lately. Expectations.

We expect people to behave as we would. They don't. If we could just get to know these people without expecting certain things, would we not all be better off? Get to know the person they are? Expect them to get to know us the way WE are?

For the record, in my eyes he did nothing wrong. I'm sure had I had a good date and then come home and saw him on line appearing to talk to other women, I would have my feelings hurt, but that would be MY hurt feelings. My insecurity. Not that he did anything wrong.

You didn't give him time to get in touch with you again or not. Either would have been his prerogative. And it will be your choice whether or not to see him again if he does contact you again.

I do think you expected too much, and by confronting him about it you do appear too expectant and controlling.

My opinion.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 10 (view)

FACEBOOK friends questions.
Posted: 12/25/2009 5:22:58 PM
There are a lot of games being played on facebook. That's why I have 600+ friends, so I can play mafia wars.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 5 (view)

confucius say
Posted: 12/13/2009 6:42:18 PM
Stupid one but one of my all-time favorites anyway -

Man who eats jellybeans farts in living color.

Addendum - to original post

Years ago as a teenager I decided to try some of the nifty Nair or Neet, don't remember which one. So, you slather it all over your legs wait for it to work and then.......

because you are young and dumb.......

you get into the bathtub to wash it off.

It works. All over.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 9 (view)

Grandmothers as our evolutionary secret weapon
Posted: 11/2/2009 5:55:53 PM
Enrique,

Please allow me to elaborate.

I have eeked out a living since I was 12 years ago, albeit NOT on the W African savannah. Obviously I have fallen short although I have taken care of myself and my children for most of my life. I do not pick berries in the swamps, but I do fight the crowds at Kroger. And my family is not very fond of marrow.

I have wrapped my grandchild up in blanket and cleaned her up after she has vomited in my bed.

I was not around since the beginning of time to provide some evolutionary advantage but I do think I am helping to create a lovely individual who will hopefully effect some change in the years to come.

What have you done in the past 10,000 years that has given you such a sense of superiority to me and my little life?
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 8 (view)

Grandmothers as our evolutionary secret weapon
Posted: 10/31/2009 8:21:25 PM
At the age of 50 I am the grandmother of one grandchild, age 6-1/2, one of the most well-rounded people I've ever met.I am VERY important in her life (and she in mine), and I feel I am doing the important job of "writing on her soul." I refer to it this way quite often.

She is a sponge. She soaks up nuances. She will be carrying some of me with her. I am consciously trying to give her the good stuff to carry on.

Grandmothers' influences are very important. My grandmother (rest her soul) is gone but still guiding me. My mother, greatgrandmother to the aforementioned grandchild of mine, has Sunday breakfast with her every other Sunday morning. They play Bingo, put puzzles together, and play school in which my mother is usually the naughty student. Yes, we are writing on her soul. And proud of our place in the universe.

I am not re-reading this post before I post it. I don't want to be hesitant to post it.

GRANDMAS RULE.

P.S. I haven't even hit menopause yet.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 4 (view)

Chuck Norris
Posted: 10/31/2009 6:39:06 PM
Chuck Norris is not hung like a mule - mules are hung like Chuck Norris.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 16 (view)

11 years without a serious realtionship...............
Posted: 10/31/2009 6:11:32 PM
I've carried on a 15-year love affair with myself. We don't break up often, we seem to always want to do the same things, we share, we talk back but always with respect.

Things could be worse.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 36 (view)

are we all here because we hate the opposite sex???
Posted: 10/29/2009 5:49:53 PM
I'm looking for my next victim.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 11 (view)

If the Bee Gee's can't figure it out, there's no hope!
Posted: 10/22/2009 6:36:40 PM
Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Deep dark depression, excessive misery.
If it weren't for bad love, I'd have no love at all.
Gloom, despair, and agony on me.

Yes, I took a few liberties with the lyrics.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

stopping contact with a friend who you want more from
Posted: 10/8/2009 4:40:46 PM
I agree wholeheartedly FROM EXPERIENCE.

You have to let go and you can't do it if you "keep picking the scab" by talking with them.

Go out looking for the one who does want to be more than friends.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

Lifes Disasters!
Posted: 9/30/2009 7:19:32 PM
I'm generally considered heartless, but you guys have brought tears to my eyes.

Y0u are in my prayers.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

Have you ever risked it when the pic just didn't do it for you?
Posted: 9/23/2009 7:40:08 PM
Yes, I've met guys whose pictures did not excite me at all, and even in person their looks did not excite me, but their personality and our rapport DID excite me. Both I dated for a while but it didn't go into a long-term relationship.

P.S. I don't want to be judged on MY looks. My personality is SO MUCH better than my looks.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 50 (view)

Let me give you the tour...
Posted: 9/23/2009 6:39:28 PM
My my, I seem perfectly normal now!!!!
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 3 (view)

I'm just really pissed off
Posted: 9/10/2009 7:25:56 PM
It sounds to me like the problem lies with her, not with these other guys and not about you. She is choosing to believe what she wants to believe, and to behave accordingly.

This is one girl who is apparently royally mixed up. That's not how ALL women behave.

Go on and do something nice for some girl that deserves something nice and reciprocates.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 135 (view)

money inside her bra
Posted: 9/10/2009 6:59:30 PM
I once dropped a tri-colored fruit loop down my bra and didn't realize it. It melted and left a very interesting splash of color on me and the bra.

That said - am I the only who realizes that a bra is a woman's toolbelt?
 glindathegoodwitch
Msg: 6 (view)

What does a personal ad photo in the car mean?
Posted: 9/6/2009 8:47:41 PM
We are hoping you will be so busy trying to figure out what type of car it is and how fast it goes that you will not notice that we are fat and ugly.

And old. Don't forget old.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 2 (view)

Something Worth the Words
Posted: 7/24/2009 5:24:25 PM
I like this.

But it is too short to post, so I will say it again; I like it.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 42 (view)

discussing sex in the forums
Posted: 7/8/2009 6:12:51 PM
I'm a middle child. I'm always ignored.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

Top ten reasons to date a fat guy
Posted: 7/3/2009 1:27:47 PM
Fat people are harder to kidnap.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 15 (view)

i have 7 bubbles
Posted: 7/2/2009 7:38:31 PM
I thought I had this all figured out but then...... my bubble was burst.

GlindaTheGoodWitch

New, specific question about squirting
Posted: 6/29/2009 8:09:00 PM
No mess left behind if you use "The Liberator", which I learned about on this very site!

You never know what you might learn in the forums.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 15 (view)

You know you're getting old when ...
Posted: 6/26/2009 1:20:39 PM
I went to the Bob Dylan concert at the river when he was here this past summer. I sat on a blanket on the ground, believe it or not, and was able to hoist myself up when it was all over.

Bob Dylan is OLD. Scratchier voice than ever. But you should have seen the crowd. I refer to them as the geriatric crowd. They were reliving their youth. A lady appearing 80+ years old was swishing her butt right in front of us.

Yep, I'm old, but some are older!
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

Have you ever farted during sex?
Posted: 6/20/2009 4:38:41 PM
Yes, unfortunately I had several rip-roarers forced out of me during a particularly vigorous "session." I was rather embarrassed but I did manage to blame him for the mishap.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 13 (view)

Career Extinction ...
Posted: 5/26/2009 7:59:02 PM
Medical transcription now that they have "voice to text" and electronic medical records.

And I'm GOOD at what I do!
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

A question for head Shavers.......
Posted: 5/3/2009 7:19:53 PM
What would happen if women decided to go bald?
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

A question for head Shavers.......
Posted: 5/2/2009 3:29:57 PM
I do so love the bald heads. Sigh.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

Why are women not interested in sailing?
Posted: 4/24/2009 5:35:54 PM
Maybe you don't float her boat?

I agree with above poster - two leave and only one comes back.

And it messes up her hair.
 glindathegoodwitch

It would be funny if it wern't so true.
Posted: 4/23/2009 7:51:40 PM
A guy named Robert asked me, via email, to meet him for lunch at a mexican place. I did not find the email until it would have been impossible to make it there on time, so I called him. I called him about the time I'd have been showing up for the date, to explain why I wasn't there.

Well, right after he had sent me the email, his phone rang, and he glanced at it and saw the name Karen (my name), so he picked up the phone and told his caller that he had just emailed and asked her to go to lunch, not realizing that this was the wrong Karen. He said she seemed surprised but delighted at the invite, and said she would meet him for lunch.

So, he's sitting there outside the restaurant waiting for me, and his friend Karen shows up. What a coincidence. Not until she walked up and expressed her surprise again at being asked to meet for lunch did he realize his mistake.

He was mortified when I then called, and he thought I'd be showing up shortly, too.

And Ms. Thang got to eat my lunch.

Well, I thought it was funny. They were both embarassed. And we did finally meet (he was VERY careful arranging that meeting). Karen
 glindathegoodwitch

a bit confused
Posted: 4/17/2009 8:25:16 PM
I had a guy (49 years) old who set up the next date at the end of the previous date. I definitely knew he was interested.

Very early on in our relationship (lasting about 7 mos), I had told him that we could go out on Saturday night, only to realize later that I had another commitment. I called him to reschedule, which we did and that was never a problem.

This is NOT a guy I was crazy about, either. He asked me out several times before I met him. He was persistent, but not pushy, or needy, or creepy. It ultimately did not work out between us, but I certainly didn't have to wonder if he wanted to see me again.

Food for thought.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 20 (view)

Must not have bed head...
Posted: 4/5/2009 7:01:32 PM
Wow, I'm out with this dude and not just cause I'm fat (hardy har har).

My granddaughter tells me I look like a witch in the morning. Looks like someone has turned the vacuum cleaner on and sucked it straight up.

Such a sad thing. I'm sure he'd have been perfect guy for me if I wasn't so messed up.

Sigh.
 glindathegoodwitch
Msg: 16 (view)

please don't make fun of me
Posted: 3/26/2009 6:53:27 PM
Put an Eclipse breath mint in your mouth and go to town. Think of it as a peppermint lollypop.
 glindathegoodwitch

Sending a second message?
Posted: 3/17/2009 7:38:14 PM
A few years ago I was approached by a guy on another service that I would never have had any interest in. He approached me 2 or 3 times before I agreed to talk and later meet him. He was in no way pushy, but I'd say he showed his interest. I ended up in a 7 month relationship.

It might be different here on POF. Seems people get touchy/angry/unhappy quickly. Unless the guy struck me as a real weirdo, it would not offend me.
 glindathegoodwitch

Differences in what men and women look for....
Posted: 3/14/2009 3:13:37 PM
I found this to be interesting in terms of discussion. I'd like to see more discussion in the forums so we can learn something from them.

And, I would check my trunk for the Cheetos, but AFTER I went to buy more, so I'd have two bags.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

missing...
Posted: 3/6/2009 4:40:30 PM
I always help - since I know where things are located.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 7 (view)

Favourite PoF profile lines
Posted: 3/4/2009 7:39:20 PM
"IF YOU HAVE A SON 20 OR OLDER STILL LIVING WITH MOMMY . DO NOT WRITE TO MEE . YOU HAVE YOUR OWN PROBLEMS"

He later goes into more detail with this theme - roughly half of a LONG profile.

P.S. The misspelling of "me" is his, not mine.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

Bad communication?
Posted: 2/15/2009 6:43:15 PM
I had a "relationship" sort of like that for much longer. Now that is done and over with, I realize that all he ever wanted was a voice on the other end of the phone line.
In other words, NOT the relationship I was looking for.

What did I learn? This is about my life. I'm looking for what I want. We spend too much time trying to figure out what he/she wants, we forget to be looking for what we want.

Sounds kinda selfish to me, but I think that's what we are supposed to be doing. Living our own lives.

I think the OP was very straightforward and I think he was happy to "vacate" because that's not where he wanted to be.

Now she can go on and live HER life.

Kudos.

Edit - just realized this was in "Ask a Guy." I'm not a guy. I apologize.

I apologize for posting wrong, not for not being a guy.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

Mirage?
Posted: 2/11/2009 7:07:19 PM
I Corney,

Love it, you got a big laugh out of me!!!
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 13 (view)

Humane way to get rid of the mole
Posted: 2/9/2009 7:44:24 PM
I was thinking cryotherapy.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 35 (view)

Beards
Posted: 2/7/2009 1:48:40 PM
Cause they're sexy.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

Are people TRULY this HEARTLESS?
Posted: 2/7/2009 12:51:33 PM
I believe nothing will change with these women until they find out they need to love themselves more. They don't think they deserve better. We do not accept that type of treatment unless deep down we believe we deserve it.

We women need to start dwelling on what is right with us instead of what is wrong with us, and learn to care about ourselves. Only then will we be able to find someone who truly cares about us and treats us right.

I feel like I got up in the middle of a roomful of people and spoke out loud. I'm going back to my observation corner now.
 glindathegoodwitch
Msg: 124 (view)

Have you found and then lost your soulmate?
Posted: 2/1/2009 9:52:22 AM
Yes, almost 30 years ago - his sister called us "opposite sides of the same coin."

But, we are still friends.

P.S. Might I add, I believe "soulmate" is "extreme compatability", and I personally think we don't have only one out in the world. So, I hope to run into another some day.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 4 (view)

Not different planets, just different neighborhoods
Posted: 1/24/2009 2:42:04 PM
Oh, my, THAT's what I'm looking for (as stated in the last 2 posts).
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

A women's taste in movies.
Posted: 1/21/2009 7:26:25 PM
Ditto!

and ditto again.
 glindathegoodwitch
Msg: 163 (view)

Does anyone else here pay attention to the backgrounds of the profile pics?
Posted: 1/16/2009 7:52:08 PM
This was on another site and a couple of years ago. A guy from another area buzzed me and wanted to chat. He had about 5 or 6 pics posted, all very nice. One was even a nice picture of him in gray knit boxer briefs.

The problem was, the boxer briefs had a wet spot on the front. I pointed it out to him. He claimed not to have noticed. I'm wondering how he didn't notice that. I certainly didn't have a problem zeroing in on that.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 27 (view)

**Poof** They're Gone
Posted: 1/15/2009 6:09:41 PM
Ms. Flis -

When Glinda the Good Witch does that, it is referred to as "twinkles."

(Fluttering eyelashes).
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 26 (view)

**Poof** They're Gone
Posted: 1/15/2009 5:17:50 PM
I poof occasionally myself, but usually in the privacy of my own home. Usually, though not always.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

have you lived?.are you sure?
Posted: 1/5/2009 7:38:49 PM
Today is my 50th birthday and yes, I do remember a lot of that.

Is this a trick to flush out the old folks?
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

Curious to know what are you thinking ....
Posted: 1/4/2009 5:24:40 PM
He had a really white T-shirt on under his other shirt and I thought that was SO sexy.

I'm easy to please.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch
Msg: 39 (view)

what do you guys think about this?
Posted: 12/28/2008 3:26:29 PM
My 5-year-old granddaughter told me to get a boyfriend I must be:

Very girly and very hot.

Sounds simple.
 GlindaTheGoodWitch

A theory about Stephen King, Richard Bachman, and others...
Posted: 12/11/2008 6:53:33 PM
This is very interesting. I think writing under other names is VERY possible. I will have to check out some of these other authors.

Just picked up the new SKing book today - my son will read it first (he's already started) and I'll get it next.

I'm a fan, too.

Show ALL Forums