Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: POF: Prohibiting Our Friendships
 raven_sirius
Msg: 5 (view)

POF: Prohibiting Our Friendships
Posted: 1/18/2017 12:00:07 PM
Yep. And the case which has raised my ire has set her mail restrictions, which I fall within, and POF are still blocking it.
 raven_sirius
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 1/18/2017 4:03:31 AM
I understand that point of view. It's unfortunate though, when people think that way, because there are so few opportunities for some people to find the person they are looking for. To be denied access, with so few options for me locally, it becomes prohibitive to have to join every dating site. It was not the case when I first joined POF. I understand not allowing people over a certain age to be able to contact the younger users. But ADULTS contacting other ADULTS is another matter entirely. One size does not fit all!
 raven_sirius
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 1/17/2017 11:27:05 PM
Has anyone run afoul of the message restrictions screen, the off gray screen of doom, that doesn't appear until AFTER you've spent all that time composing a witty, original message? Have you checked to see why only to discover the person you are attempting to contact has NO mail setting restrictions? Or, the worst yet, you fall within the mail setting restrictions allowed by the person!

Well the answer is most likely that you fall outside of the arbitrary 14 year +/- age difference that POF has decided is best for us.

Yes fellow fishers, because POF have some study suggesting "almost all successful relationships occur between users within that age range" you are now no longer allowed to contact people outside that age range. If you do "Anyone who tries to get around this rule will get deleted."

As an upgraded member living in a distant, rural community, I for one find this myopic and puritanical policy to be extremely harsh, limiting and downright inhumane.
 raven_sirius
Msg: 52 (view)

beware the scams
Posted: 1/15/2017 11:31:18 PM
I got to the point of being asked for money once. I said to her (?) I would send money if she sent me a photo of herself with today's newspaper. She got really mad at me! Yelled at me! Then disappeared.

Show ALL Forums