Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: Does this happen to anyone else
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 16 (view)

Does this happen to anyone else
Posted: 5/12/2012 8:36:41 AM
If someone tells you their personal stuff, that's a good thing. At the very least you know what's going on and you can deal with this in the manner that you choose.

As for meeting up; If you're interested in someone wouldn't you want to meet them in person to get that out of the way as quickly as possible?

Social media in a way is good because you can look through a catalogue of people to quickly determine who you may be interested in, and then contact them. However, nothing can replace the old fashion way of in person human contact.

Dating sites are just a way of proving another method to meet people you otherwise may not have the opportunity to bump into on the street.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 31 (view)

After all these years, they're not yours!!!
Posted: 12/9/2009 9:23:46 AM
^^^^^^ Omg, Troll... plz.

What the hell does that mean?
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 10/29/2009 9:06:15 PM
DNA testing is something I would definately consider. You never know, until you get the scientific results. This is a very good point I never thought of.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 4 (view)

Revised, revised, revised.... Feeback please.
Posted: 9/20/2009 1:01:47 PM

If you find a lady that has all but one of those characteristics, are you going to kick her to the curb?

No way. But, just like many women won't settle, I don't want to settle either. Keeps, things on a level playing field don't you think? That's why we're all single still. Cause' no one will settle.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 29 (view)

Posted: 9/20/2009 12:53:52 PM
stop having sex with her & get tested for HIV & other STDs, immeadiately!!

Goog point. I never even thought of this.

Suing depends -- was she hiding that they weren't his and led him to believe they were his? If so through proof, then I would sue her, take that money, and use it to spend it on the kids

Yeah. Definately, would be a thought on my mind. In this case, would cost more to hire the lawyer's than the return from the judgement.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 170 (view)

Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!
Posted: 9/5/2009 9:42:04 PM

Is There Any Serious People Out Here Looking To Find Mr./Mrs.Right???...Honestly!!!!!

Of course there are people looking for "perfect" Mr. / Mrs. right.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 24 (view)

Guys- At What Point Do You STOP Searching Online When You've Met Someone???
Posted: 9/5/2009 9:38:32 PM

out of respect, you should take off your profile once the two of you are exclusively dating.

Agreed. If dating "exclusively" hasn't been communicated and mutually agreed don't make assumptions.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 16 (view)

Persistance can wear a girl down til she gives in - Does it work for guys?
Posted: 9/5/2009 9:28:02 PM

You know how sometimes guys are very persistent when they like a particular woman?

There are men that do this sort of thing, however, I'm not one of them. I don't believe in chasing women down, trying to convince them to like me. I think men who do this are suckers who end up getting used in the end. In my view, these woman finally give in because he is the last option she's presented with at the time or she needs or wants something he can provide. Personally, I don't want to be an option, I prefer to be a priority.

I was just wondering if this same "persistant" approach ever works on guys.

No. A lot would have to change to suddenly make me interested. Perhaps, though if I needed something she had I would take the opportunity. However, I'm too independant for that sort of thing, and prefer to find the whole package.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 42 (view)

Cooking classes?
Posted: 9/3/2009 9:23:39 PM
Funny thing I was going to mention in my last thread wine drinking peeps have horrible breadth, however, didn't want to upset anyone. Funny thing is someone else posted that same statement. Rotten grapes surely has that affect, but so does beer too.
I'll stick to my vodka, and I really don't care about brand names, as long as it doesn't have any taste. Didn't you know Vodka's not supposed to have any taste, smell, and colour?
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 27 (view)

Posted: 9/3/2009 9:13:34 PM

Was your friend on Maury?

I guess he could consider turning a negative into a positive situation. Go on Maury and get a free trip, embarass the woman on national television, and maybe even make a few dollars. Maybe that's the advisement he needs to get over.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 104 (view)

Favourites & Last 5 Forum Posts being removed from profiles
Posted: 8/29/2009 1:39:17 PM
Good idea not to show others how many people put you in their favorites, but I'd like to know who added me. I get emails all the time that say somone has added me, but don't know how to check anymore. Before, they removed this feature there was a link at the bottom of the profile. Does anyone know if there is a way to see who put you in their favorites?
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 26 (view)

Posted: 8/26/2009 9:28:32 PM
Using women on the basis of sex alone is sexist....and not to mention shallow...

Sex is an activity between two people, why is it that men only use women for sex. Is it not possible that women are using men for sex, and manipulating the situation to make it appear the other way around? Right? Considering, men nor women are inferior to each other, then it would appear to me that women aren't being used at all.

Do what's best for the kids without compromising your own life... and staying together in a loveless relationship (I think having 3 kids while dating someone with another person/s is going to make this loveless real fast) is never what's best for the kids, they know, kids are smart.

Personally, I would hate the womans' guts if this situation happened to me. I wouldn't be able to look at her even just for a moment, I would be sick to my stomach everytime I saw her. Surely, not good for the kids.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 15 (view)

Posted: 8/25/2009 8:59:42 PM

men on the other hand just need the connection...or the opportunity to present itself!!

Well, yeah. It's just like getting a massage, but just down there.
 OneLifeTwoLive

shes busy
Posted: 8/25/2009 8:24:35 PM
Tell me if this makes any sense:

When it comes to a woman you're interested in, and in most cases considering for some type of committed relationship you can be either one of her options or you can be a priority in her life.

It's up to you to decide what you want to be. I chose to be a priority in someone's life someday. So, basically if the women I'm interested in, can't find any time for me, then why should I make it a priority to spend time with her? Everyone is busy these days, the question is how do we prioritize our time? Right? I'm sure she can find time to go shopping, but can't find a few hours to hang with you. Ditch her, now!!! Don't look back. You've been warned.

OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 3 (view)

At what point do you give up
Posted: 8/25/2009 8:18:50 PM

My problem is I seem to email a lot of women and get no response to my mail

Join the club.

Or you can simply lie through your teeth about your millionaire status.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 17 (view)

Is having a car really THAT incredibly important?
Posted: 8/25/2009 8:15:09 PM
Hahahahaha.... yeah. Every woman want's to be picked up by a man on a bicycle to go on a date. Or have her pick him up at a bus stop.

Come on dude. Get with the program. And I'd advise not to purchase a "cheap" vehicle. That's worse.

For me I will no longer date a women that doesn't have a vehicle, for me living in an extremely large country, province, city, my perception is that not having a vehicle is limiting your opportunities to live where you want, travel where you want, visit friends and family, take a ride in the country, location of employer, etc., etc., etc. ie - I drive about 100kms to / from the office everyday. You think I want to take the bus both ways every single day? I wouldn't be able to have the types of opportunities I have if I didn't have a drivers license or vehicle. That's just me, of course your lifestyle may be different. Also, I think a drivers license, and a vehicle show a certain amount of independance. I'm not a chaffeur, and don't want to be in situations where I feel like I must drive someone someplace all the time, simply because that person is my girlfriend. Even my daughter knows how to drive. I drive, I expect the women I'm with to be able to drive. And you're a man you should have a vehicle, plain and simple.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 14 (view)

Posted: 8/25/2009 8:03:11 PM

There was a recent court case where a man found that his kid wasn't his. He filed for divorce. She filed for child support. They got divorced but he has to pay child support.

Yes. I heard about that as well. Can you believe that shiz'nizzy? North American justice I guess. I'm very stubborn, so would have told that judge where he could go with that gabble. And she would have to chase me to the darkest corners of hell to get anything from me. I will not take responsibillity for the actions of other adults. Sorry, but she need to find the real father and have him pay.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 13 (view)

Posted: 8/25/2009 7:19:04 PM
Are you sure this guy is not feeding you a line to get some sympathy sex or someone to back his story?

Huh? Sex? Did you even look at my picture? Dont' get me started.

Either way i'd support his decision, he raised a bunch of kids that weren't his. He has the right to do what is right for him.

Agreed.

By the way....the post doesn't clarify that they were completely monogamous...they weren't married and we don't know the specifics of their relationship or the status...!!

Who cares? Why would any of this matter, married or not, monogamous or not, the children he's cared for and fathered aren't his? I don't think a women can possibly contemplate what that means to someone, it's quite impossible for a man to say to a women "the kids arent't yours".

With those three pieces of data. You can infer the following.
1. It was monogamous (if it wasn't he wouldn't be surprised)
2. She cheated (again, if the top is true, this is true)
3. She misled him as to the origins of these children and the possibility of his fatherhood.

As far as I know all "above" is correct. However, we'll never know all the details in between, and quite frankly I don't think it matters much.

Many to me is like 20. I don't see someone finding out the children are not his out of the blue and asking friends what he should do about it.

Hmmmm..... I guess 10 or 15 are not many years in your mind. Surely, enough time to have 3 kids don't you think?
I guess, instead of finding "out of the blue" she should have gave him hints over the years.
Is there something strange about, friends confiding in each other. I guess you don't have any that trust you enough to speak to you on a certain level.

It probably was intended to make people inflamed at this woman.

Yes. Of course, you're so brilliant. I have nothing better to do but, get my jollies by making up stories, to encourage people to become inflamed at a women they don't know. Perhaps, you spend too much time watching the soaps. We all have one life to live (get it?), so I'm entitled to do what I wish with mine, just as you are. However, if you spend yours trolling television stations for daily soaps that's your problem not mine.

Many men cheat because they can...the opportunity just has to present itself....just for the excitement or something "different"... Women usually cheat because they are lacking something in the relationship...usually attention and not feeling appreciated...!

I don't know where you're getting your facts from. It's much easier for a woman to pick up a man for sex, than it is for a man to pick up a woman for sex. That's why most of the time when men get caught it's all over the press because in order to get opportunistic sex they had to "pay" for it. Additionally, there have been numerous studies and books written by marriage consellors about why men cheat, and the fact of the matter is; in almost all the subjects studied, the reason was not for the sex, but was for someone to give them attention, appreciation, and someone to listen to them. The sex part is just an added benefit. So, cheating by women, and cheating by men is exactly the same. The only difference is that male and female plumbing is quite different (penis gets hard if your eye catches a glimpse of something attractive), and the fact that men don't associate a hard-on with love.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 5 (view)

explain this to me, make me understand
Posted: 8/23/2009 3:50:23 PM
Be, happy. You saved lots of time and money. And for the liars who are telling you they get all those one night stands; Don't worry about it, if their lies are ego boosters, that's their problem.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 5 (view)

Posted: 8/23/2009 3:46:14 PM

It's easy to let anger and hurt lead you on a path that you later regret. It's harder and it takes longer to work through those emotions to find an answer/solution that you can be okay with.

Yeah. I'm with you on that. I would be extremely peeved to the maximum.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 27 (view)

Cooking classes?
Posted: 8/23/2009 2:33:19 PM
I've always been quite a natural when it came to domestic chores. I can cook quite nicely. Really, though I just stick to the basics, and then I experiment when I'm bored.

My advice; if you really want to learn to cook taking classes is cool if you just want to meet women, but any decent cookbook can help, they have very detailed instructions and you can pick the recipes yourself, start with basics, and advance when you're ready. Also, look online for various dishes you may already like.

As for the whole debate about wine; Rotten grape juice with food was never my preferred choice of a beverage to wash down a good meal. I'm quite satisfied with a glass of water or 5-Alive. However, I can understand everyone has their own preferred tastes, and don't mind investing in a few bottles of the stuff to please my guests. When I want to add a few bottles to the collection I just ask a few questions at the LCBO, so far I've never had any complaints about my choices, and quite frankly I've never spent more than $20 on a bottle of vino. Maybe, I'm quite ignorant on the topic or perhaps not classy enough to have the acquired taste, but I would bet most people don't have the tastebuds to differentiate between a $1200, $400 or $10 bottle of wine. A perfect example of this phenomenon is the sudden popularity of Grey Goose vodka. Everyone swears it's the best Vodka on the market, but if you asked them how to really test that statement they don't know how to explain the process. Truly, just a bunch of newbie over educated ex stripper, drug dealing, steroid abusing McDonalds eating snobs recently OREA certified, whom believe they are now part of a new class of human beings, living in moms basement while driving expensive euro trash vehicles until the repo man catches up.

OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 3 (view)

Posted: 8/23/2009 2:12:12 PM

You said they have been together many years and helped raise 5 children. So why suddenly is he asking?

I don't understand the question? Why suddenly is he asking.....?

What's that supposed to mean? The man just found out that the 3 children he thought were his aren't. So, why is he confiding in his friends and family? Why is he distraught? Why is he hurt? Why is he confused? Why is he angry? Why, why, why.....
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 8/23/2009 1:53:38 PM
Is there a reason he is asking you about it now? If he is looking for a reason to dump her

Reason enough. Don't you think?

Why aren't DNA tests routine at the hospital whenever all children are born?

I agree.

They had no more idea than their Dad that their father was not theirs. They love the "father" and to them, he is indeed their Dad. They should not be punished. The "father" should not be punished, either. I am sure he loves those children as his own.

I dont' think the kids know about the situation.

Did the woman know?? If she knew then this would be considered immoral and deceitful...

SoftAndHappy; has a very valid point. Perhaps, the first was just a mistake (fair enough), but the other's I wouldn't be willing to give the benefit of the doubt if I were in his shoes.

after a number of years, 4 - 5 I think, than legally the guy is considered the father and libel for support.

You gotta' love the justice system in North America. Go to jail for crimes you haven't committed and life long financial obligations for children that aren't yours. I agree, it's not easy to just walk away from little ones that you "believed" were yours for so many years, however, the justice system is flawed. Why not go after the biological father to assist with some of the burden.

He should ask her about it. Maybe she realised he was firing blanks and decided to get artificially inseminated without his knowing so that they could have the big family she'd always dreamed of, together, or so that she could give him the kids he wanted... whilst not confirming to him something that men frequently find hard to accept.

Good point. But, this is not the situation in this case. He has child with former wife.

OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 9 (view)

Leg Exercises for Mass
Posted: 8/22/2009 4:12:35 PM
This is my current routine, I adjust accordingly every few months. Sometime, start with squats, sometimes start with leg presses. Depends on what I'm trying to accomplish.

ie - Squats great for glutes, if I wan to increase glute size & strength, heavier squats means starting with squats, finishing with presses.

So, yes your logic makes sense.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 1 (view)

Posted: 8/22/2009 4:00:31 PM
Recently, a friend of mine found out that the 3 children he thought were his offspring are someone elses (another man's) children.

What advice would you give him?
In terms of morality; what should he do?

He's been with this woman for many years, helped raise the 5 children she has, and thought 3 out of the 5 were his children.

Should he dump her, get his own place, and sue her to the maximum forgetting about those kids forever?

or

Should he just stick around and continue getting screwed, for the sake of the little ones? Not to mention the fact that she obviously gave it up to someone else, and may still be doing so.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 38 (view)

After 3 dates he called me beautiful, what do I say back?
Posted: 8/21/2009 10:34:11 AM

he's a keeper :)

Hmmmm..... okay. So, any guy that says you're beautiful is a keeper? Is there a lack of men in the US that know how to say the work "beautiful".
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 37 (view)

After 3 dates he called me beautiful, what do I say back?
Posted: 8/21/2009 10:32:08 AM
When in doubt check the dictionary.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/beautiful
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 8 (view)

Leg Exercises for Mass
Posted: 8/21/2009 9:58:04 AM
Torture, your legs.

Legs are very strong, large muscles, basically you can workout on legs forever, and they'll want more "bad" treatment.

Leg presses, squats, leg extensions, curls, calf raises and then do it all over again.

Use heavy weight, and unlike lot's of people believe try to maintain a weight by which you can do at the very least 10reps. last few are difficult.

ie - my routine this past week as part of a 12-week program to motivate myself.

Leg Press = Set 1 = 360lbs. x 15, Set 2 = 450lbs. x 15, Set 3 = 540lbs. x 15, Set 4 = 630lbs x 12, Set 5 = 630lbs x 12.
Squats = 180 / 10, 180 x 10, 200 / 8, 220 / 5
Leg Extension = 185 / 10, 200 / 10, 205 / 10, 230 / 10
Leg Curl = 120 / 10, 135 / 10, 150 / 10, 165 / 10

You should feel exhastued when you're done, and lightheaded. That way you know you pushed yourself to the max. Sorry, but it's the truth.

This is over a 2-day split, day 1 I do with shoulders, day 2 I do with back, I find the split allows me to focus on power (large muscle workout with smaller muscle workout), and then I'll switch to doing all 4 (leg excercises) in one day simply to shock the legs a bit, then I'll go back to the 2 day split after a few months. I am 205lbs., fit in a size 34 pants (legs are tight), want to go to a 36 size by increasing my leg size.

Eat lots of good food, oats, tuna, meat, beans, nuts and good carbs and good fats too. You'll need the energy. And then when you feel disgusted with yourself (stomach is totally full), throw down a good weight gain shake with 35+ grams of protein and 2 x grams of carbs, and try your best to hold it all down without vomiting.

Hope this helps.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 21 (view)

Reviews, please? All genders/age ranges welcomed and appreciated!
Posted: 8/14/2009 8:23:59 AM

Haven't quite been getting the quantity or quality of responses that I was hoping for....

Neither have I and I've been on here for quite some time now. When you figure it out please, share the secret with me.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 87 (view)

over 40 and never married...is this a RED FLAG!
Posted: 7/28/2009 7:59:33 PM

If you never look at the dusty book at the bottom of the shelf at the library you will never realize the wonderful story inside. Might be this awesome story that you have been dieing to read, well hmm sucks to be you if you never take time to investigate.

Dusty books are great, however when it comes to spending the rest of my life in a story, I'd prefer to write my own and create my own characters rather than continuing someone elses story and caring for the characters they left behind. I tried it once didn't work so well even when I added a character of my own.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 79 (view)

over 40 and never married...is this a RED FLAG!
Posted: 7/25/2009 5:00:45 PM

but some have raised the same concern regarding those people in their 40's who for one reason or another have never been married at all!

Yes. We are the ones who realized, that marriage is a piece of paper, a party that cost's lots of $$$, a huge legal battle to dispute the contract when the terms aren't met and most often only one person pays the consequences.

There it is, people are concerned that the smart ones can't be tricked into a lifetime of misery by signing a rediculous piece of paper.
 OneLifeTwoLive

I feel like the almost perfect guy...
Posted: 7/25/2009 1:44:13 PM
Murderers are almost perfect too, except for the murder part.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 235 (view)

What makes a woman over 40 sexy?
Posted: 7/2/2009 5:23:36 PM

The rest of your response is not worth bothering with. You are just one more fantasy obsessed man in a sea of fantasy obsessed men.

Seems to me your the one fantasizing about "poor mothers" breast feeding with swollen nipples. Have another
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 231 (view)

Posted: 6/28/2009 9:50:33 PM

The only swollen nipples you'll see at the restraunt table are from some poor |Mother who's been breast feeding that day.

Not even worth responding to, but I will anyway. If your not going to say anything with a least bit of intelligence, don't say anything at all, or wait until you sober up from those pints.

Perhaps, you should have someone proof read responses, if I were a woman in the UK I would take that as an insult. Firstly, I guess there aren't any British women with nice breast, and second, are you saying all women with children, especially the ones that breast feed are "poor mothers?"
 OneLifeTwoLive

what does dating mean to you?
Posted: 6/27/2009 7:21:32 PM
I have no idea anymore. Totally confused.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 229 (view)

Posted: 6/27/2009 6:22:31 PM
Aren't we all entitled to our opinion. Geeezzz..... And, can't you poor folks, just read something and have a laugh. Damn. Ya'll take this shit way too seriously. Get a life.
 OneLifeTwoLive

Interesting...Men and Women APPARENTLY are NOT Equal
Posted: 6/27/2009 2:14:43 PM

why do "SOME" women think men should just bow to them for certain reasons?

Because, all men bowing down to women is equality. Come on now, didn't you know that already?
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 228 (view)

Posted: 6/27/2009 1:21:54 PM
Hey idiot,
Intelligence, confidence, experience and independence has a lot to do with "sexy". If a woman feels sexy, she can exude sexy. DUH!

Please, keep in mind I could respond by calling you a few derogatory things as well and believe me I have a few good ones I think you wouldn't appreciate especially in a public forum like this. So, let's keep it clean, agreed?

If you don't agree with my interpretation of the word, that equates to a vision of a sexy mature woman that's fine, however, I believe I am entitled to an opinion aren't I? Just like you are entitled to yours. Right? However, you don't know me on a personal level, so to call me an idiot would not be a fair opinion of me.

Obviously, intelligence, confidence, experienced (at what???), and independence are all great characteristics in a person, however, based on (and please read it first before you go off the deep end again) the dictionary meaning of the word "sexy", when I think sexy, I think synonymous to sex. Get it? sex-eee; Sexing, someones grey matter or someone's pocket book would be very difficult, for me anyway. But, considering you're so brilliant perhaps you could find a way to accomplish something I can't.

Wow so according to YOU I'm not sexy because I don't fit all the criteria......................yes I don't have "long" hair.................yet I think I'm pretty damn sexy....................cheers

That's just an arbitrary list and not to say women that don't have long hair aren't sexy. Please, don't take the list personal and go on the attack, if you don't fit the mold I listed. It was my way of seeing if some folks would respond honestly, visually sexy, based on my interpretation of sex-eee. Halle Berry has short hair and she's damn sexy. There are many thousands of characteristics that could have been used in the list, but seriously to try and create a list with all of them would be pointless, don't you think? So, to all you sex-eee women out there, don't freakout if you don't know how to jiggle the bubble, on your way to the washroom. Okay? :-)

OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 225 (view)

Posted: 6/26/2009 5:31:12 PM
Did anyone ever think to look up the dictionary explanation of the word sexy. It's amazing how many rediculous answers you can get for a question when people don't take up the extra few minutes to understand the questions.

What makes a woman over 40 sexy? Keword: SEXY.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sexy

Funny, how most of the men are posting jokingly (my interpretation anyway, like doesn't have kids, that is funny) and the ladies are serious about what their interpretation of SEXY is. Intelligent, confident, experienced (life), independant, etc..... What the hell does that have to do with SEXY? I have yet so visualize intelligence, if you can see intelligence please let me know what it looks like. Or maybe I should get better glasses or something.

How about something like this ya'll, since I have to come around and keep it real for ya'.

- Someone who dreses well (skirts, dress, high heels, looks good in jeans, etc....)
- Smells good (nice perfume, not overpowering)
- Grooms her hair, nails, smooth skin, no mustache.
- Knows how to be a lady in public, soft spoken, speaks in a nice mellow tone, patient.
- Beautiful face (full lips, nice teeth, clean breath, long hair (clean and shiny), nice eyes, etc...)
- Classy, but not snobbish.
- Walks with good posture, knows how to sway a little (teasing when walks away), knows how and when to bust a pose.
- Physically fit, takes care of ones body, smooth and curvacious body, excercises regularly, has good muscle tone and has a healthy lifestyle, keeps weight within range of height, doesn't over indulge (food or alcohol), nice size breast with large swollen nipples poking out her blouse, great hard, rounded bubbling ass, clean shaven crotch region (smells nice too), smooth core, no large green veins in legs, nice feet (not all crusty, hard corns and shit).
- Feminine, and has emotions expected of a woman, cautiously flirtatious.
- Daring but not risky.

These are the characteristics that I think makes a mature woman really sexy, at this point in a womans life she should have certain life experiences that enables her to be a real woman, not like a teeny-bopper that may have a decent body, but has nothing else to bring to the table, and surely hasn't got a clue about her body. Sexiness is all about physical attraction, and the effort that goes into it. Now if she's sexy, and has other characteristics, well that's just adding to the overall package, but has nothing to do with sex appeal. ie - Independant, confident, decisive, etc...

Now maybe some of ya'll will be honest. Geeeezzzzz...... politically correct even when poeple don't know who you are (and in some cases face hidden), damn, why everyone so damn scared to be honest these days? The truth will set you free, just be yourself dammit.

OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 223 (view)

Posted: 6/24/2009 9:02:49 PM

Pretty much the same things that make women under 40 sexy....just less common.

And she can cook.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 222 (view)

Posted: 6/23/2009 8:21:25 PM
I'm skered to respond, almost everyone who did is hiding their identity. I think I'll pass. But, I'll say this, all I want is a sexy girl to make me a sandwich every now and then. LOL
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 214 (view)

Are men more attracted to women that play hard to get?
Posted: 6/22/2009 9:08:55 PM

Why would a man wait three weeks to call you. Honestly. Is it because they get bored and can't find a date so they call you as the runner up of the night, are they purposely ignoring you to get you interested, which you were or you wouldn't be going out with them, or do they even have a clue??

Well, there could be any number of reasons I'm sure. I've been in that situation too. So, I can say from my own experience. I dated someone and they said to me I wasn't what they expected, but yet they still called me a few times, so to be polite I kept speaking with them. But, surely I wasn't going to chase them down. But, I would surely call every now and then to say hello or hang out.

But, in a case where I make it clear that I'm interested (which I've done before) the other person can do any number of things. My expectation is that they either reciprocate or they don't, if they don't, I have my answer(s) either they're on some high horse and jerking me around, or they aren't really that interested. In either case like I said before, you don't have to make me the #1 priority in your life, but I don't want to hear bullshit either every Saturday, at 8:00 PM, how friggin' busy your week was. I don't give a shit. F-off and don't call me anymore. It's that simple.

Just be honest, and don't jerk me around, that's all I ask. I think people should be respectful of others, and be straight up. If you want to take things slow or whatever cool, but, I want to know the deal so I can decide what I'm going to do about it. If you don't call me for 1 week, I've already made up my mind at that point. Ciao baby!!!! Asta, la vista. You know what I'm sayin'?
 OneLifeTwoLive

TGIF!! (Toga?) Party ETON HOUSE TAVERN, July 10th, 8pm TORONTO
Posted: 6/22/2009 7:53:42 PM
I don't think dudes should show up commando either.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 212 (view)

Posted: 6/22/2009 4:07:56 PM
I'm not a convienence. "fit me in when you can>>>" I think she's actually a lot nicer about it than i would be after a 3 week brush off. I would have to realllllly like you ... alot!

Nothing in life is convenient, so to think otherwise would be foolish. There is a difference between convenience, an option, and a priority. If I only have 1 day a week free and I chose to spend it with someone I like, regardless of me having to fit them into my busy schedule, I'm prioritizing that person in my life. Also, if I'm making attempts to contact that person during the week to say sweet nothings or schedule some time to hang out with them, I would say I'm prioritizing them in my life.

However, if that person, isn't reciprocating by responding to email, text messages, or picking up the phone, to make arrangesments on that 1 available day, or to say a few words to me I would have to think I was not a priority in thier lives "at all". And to be quite honest, I've given up on that person after a few days.

I'm career professional, a father, brother, uncle, friend and a whole bunch of things to various people in my life. So, I can understand being spread really thin.

It's not rocket science; if you meet someone for the first time after you've spoken a few times, and that person hasn't called you back to simply say "hey, the time we spent together was great, let's do it again sometime", or "Hi, I want to link up with you Saturday evening." guess what. Forget about it!!!!! That person is way too self centered, to give a shit about you.

Whether they like you or not, they're playing sick little control games, take my advice, only play cards or board games, mental games are way too risky. LOL

And you know what? What't wrong with that person saying "let's be friends, I'm not interested in you that way." I keep in contact with folks I've dated once, simply to say hello, and check in to see how they're doing. What's wrong with being humane to people? Is it that hard to send a text message in the 21st. century?

I've always wondered, how the hell folks can talk to each other for weeks, meet and hang out, and then just not call at least once in a blue moon to say hello. I believe people have become monsters.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 209 (view)

Posted: 6/22/2009 1:35:50 PM

my opinion is it doesn't matter if you play hard to get or not. The guy is only going to show you attention if HE'S INTO you.

Absolutely. But, if he only hears from you when you decide you want to string him along a bit more, most of the time it won't matter how much into you he is, he'll get outa you really quick.

I've experienced this personally, so if you read my previous thread you'll understand. My perspective is simple, if I'm into you and I let you know up front, and you're jerking me around 1 phone call a week on the weekend, when all my plans are already set / done I'm going to start having weird thoughts, and will get quite frustrated after a while when all I'm hearing is the "how busy my week was, bullshit". So, what? My week is busy too, and I can find a few moments to make a quick phone call.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 205 (view)

Posted: 6/21/2009 1:36:53 PM
The one's I like and try to be with by being available when they call or email, tend to run.

Simply, see if you can find someone who is balanced in their approach. If someone is truly interested, they will surely make time to contact you a few times a week to chat, and they will definately make some time to fit you into their busy lifestyle. When I like someone and want to get to know them, I'm already aware of my daily routine, and know exactly where and how I can fit them in. And, would surely opt to cancel that so important workout session during the week to take in a movie or cuddle for a few hours. Regardless, of whether I'm at work, taking care of my body at the gym, housework, or running around doing chores, I can always find a moment or two to make a quick call. Believe, me no-one is so important they can't take a few seconds to leave a message. A matter of fact, with current technology they could send a text message to your mobile, or an email, or even use POF, there aren't any excuses for anyone to say they don't have time to show their interest.

Remember, it might be un-realistic to ask to be at the top of someone's list especially at the beginning, but, you don't want to be at the bottom of the list either. Right? Like, I always say, you can be an "option", or you can be a "priority" in someones life. Which do you prefer? For me I'm very reciprocal, so if you make time for me I'll do the same, if you don't well neither will I, if you make me a priority I will too, if I feel love I will love back. When I put my cards on the table, I expect the same, otherwise I'll lose interest very quickly. I think this is a fair approach when dealing with people, otherwise, you'll just end up getting hurt all the time.

People are very complicated, especially in today's World, therefore, getting to know someone takes a lot of time, sometimes even years, if those people aren't making the necessary time to be with you, then, either they are hiding something (playing the field), they aren't that interested, it's some kind of controlling game they like to play, and that behaviour is definately a clear indication of what it will be like being involved with them.

So, my advice to you is; Although, dating nowadays can be very frustrating, don't take it to heart, if those people aren't interested simply move on. And in regards to the ones that won't leave you alone even after you clearly let them know there is a lack of interest, that's just the way the cookie crumbles. Don't sweat it.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 292 (view)

What do you girls think about guys with guns?
Posted: 6/7/2009 4:48:50 PM
I know when they pose with expensive sportscars they they lack in the
man stick area.....

So maybe we should just exit vehicles with dongs hanging out, just to prove you wrong. According, to you I guess this would also mean women with sports cars are lacking in the woman hole area. What does that mean about women with guns? Yes. Women own, and pose with guns on POF too.
 OneLifeTwoLive
Msg: 54 (view)

Men who wear sunglasses in their profiles
Posted: 6/7/2009 4:43:02 PM

Obviously it can't be because they are outside on a sunny day or anything even remotely similar, that's just not logical. Just looks like some lying, deceiving, shifty behavior to me. I am surprised NOW hasn't organized some protests against this form of bad male role model bahavior.

whothehellknows;

I hear ya'. I can't believe the stupid thoughts going through peoples brains. I think the OP is a moron, and anyone that thinks this way has some serious issues to deal with, all of you should get some serious help. Sunglasses are designed to protect your eyes, and allow you to see more clearly, the design is just representative of individual style. If anyone with half a brain wanted to hide their face, I'm sure they would know a pair of sunglasses surely won't do the job. I'm wearing prescription sunglasses, on my way out on a nice sunny day, and the shot was taken by my little girl (daughter), according to the OP I guess I was trying to hide something when that shot was taken. Right? Hey, maybe I'm trying to hide the fact that I have brown eyes. If someone doesn't want to talk to me because I'm wearing glasses, then so be it. I don't want to talk to them either, because it would be a clear indication that those individuals are idiots.
 OneLifeTwoLive

Do men have dating patters?
Posted: 6/4/2009 7:56:09 PM

really thought it referred to dating 'patters', where someone has a 'sales pitch', using the same routine on each date.

Patter
: to say or speak in a rapid or mechanical manner
intransitive verb
1 : to recite prayers (as paternosters) rapidly or mechanically
2 : to talk glibly and volubly
3 : to speak or sing rapid-fire words in a theatrical performance

Okay, I thought it was a spelling mistake, but since it's not. Well I don't do #1, #2 I guess sometimes, and #3, well I was never in the theatre so I guess not.
 OneLifeTwoLive

Do men have dating patters?
Posted: 6/1/2009 7:59:17 PM

I want to know if men have them, and if so what are they?

Yeah. I just realized I spend way too much on the first date. That's going to stop. Perhaps, the whole concept of meeting over a coffee doesn't seem so bad afterall.

Show ALL Forums