Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: hide profile now has to be paid for?
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 37 (view)

hide profile now has to be paid for?
Posted: 10/10/2013 9:40:11 AM
I sometimes used the hide me feature when I wanted to take a break or when I would mostly get emails from men that I had no desire to meet because we really did not match up for reasons such as distance, age, etc. All the other dating sites had that feature whether you were a paid member or not. I am disappointed that this is no longer a free feature. But I do appreciate the advice to change our settings to make us less visible.

Not true.
My fav other dating site only allows paid members to browse invisible if they are paying. Site name rhymes with okay stupid.

Any site related question not answered via the HELP link, then eMail CSR here. Complaints HERE
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 8 (view)

Saying hello, and other things.
Posted: 4/10/2013 4:26:56 PM
You are welcome and Cheers to you too, hedovrheels! Welcome to Florida!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 4 (view)

Posted: 4/10/2013 6:55:29 AM
Florida is a great place to live. Follow the advice I posted above and that will make it easier to meet people.
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 2 (view)

Posted: 4/10/2013 6:37:17 AM
Welcome to Florida! The easiest way to meet people is to attend a local POF party. Some areas of Florida hold parties often. Lakeland, Boca, Tampa. Lauderdale areas seem to have the most. Check out the forums and the Florida events page to see if there are any in your area.
As for contacting women, I believe being yourself is the best way. Speak from your heart, give a compliment, and see what happens. But I have had the best luck meeting people in the real world. Do things that interest you, check out local meet up groups. If you can meet someone that has some common interests, that makes it easier to have something to talk about. Follow your heart and your passions and hopefully that will lead you to love! Good luck!
Peace!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 370 (view)

>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here
Posted: 3/13/2012 8:40:41 AM
Bad decision by pof is right. They will always use advertisers to make money. Now they want to be more greedy and start charging to use features. I liked the who viewed me feature. If I liked someone who viewed me, then I sent them an email. Otherwise, I rarely send random emails. If this becomes a paid site, I will be gone! peace!
 danceintomyheart

pof changes and charges!
Posted: 3/12/2012 5:52:46 PM
A great post from another member in the forums. If you agree with this post, please let POF know how you feel! Thank you!
VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE
Right then, it looks like our fredom on a "free" internet dating site has been further limited by the powers that be and we can no longer view the most recent viewers of our profiles. The excuse being a desire to be ad free. Persoanlly, I'd settle for the add's if it means we have a "free" dating site.

A stand must be made....

Pop this into you browser address bar and send em a message - the more who complain the better our chances!!

http://www.pof.com/suggestions.aspx?from=v2_1

PLEASE SEND THIS MESSAGE TO AT LEAST 3 OTHER POF USERS AND WE MAY BE ABLE TO MAKE A COLLECTIVE DIFFERENCE
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 1 (view)

pof changes and charges! [thread closed - redundant]
Posted: 3/12/2012 3:26:20 PM
I saw today that POF is now pushing for paid members. We can no longer see who has looked at our profiles. To be honest, that was a way for me to check out other members to see if I had an interest! I will say that I will NOT be paying on any dating site to meet someone to get dates. I have done that in the past with no success. I am truly disappointed with the direction of POF! If it becomes a paid site for all, I will no longer be on this site. I look forward to any and all comments. Peace!

Please post all questions/issues/suggestion regarding your subject to the following already in progress discussion:

Viewed Me Now a Paid Feature: Please post comments here

Thread Closed - Redundant - Please Use the Forum Thread Search Tool

danceintomyheart
Msg: 3 (view)

Who Needs a Valentine Valentine's Party!!!
Posted: 1/27/2012 7:44:25 AM
Savannah, You need to put Jacksonville in your title so that people will know what city the party is. Then you will get a lot of people signing up. The other party in Jax has Jacksonville in the title and they have a huge signup. Just saying!
Thanks for doing another party but I might not be able to make it. I already have plans that night. But if they change, I will be there!
 danceintomyheart

Happy Hour Singles Mixer Jacksonville
Posted: 10/31/2011 6:40:52 PM
What is the date for this event? Thanks!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 11 (view)

ALL STARS SPORTS BAR..... COME MEET YOUR YOUR MR./MRS RIGHT October 22, 2011
Posted: 10/22/2011 6:19:15 PM
If you want more people to come, you need to put Jacksonville/Orange Park in your title so that it attracts the people in this area. Not everyone knows where All-stars is. Read all the other Florida party posts and you will notice that they put the city where the party is in the title. Just saying! Savannah put Jacksonville in her party title and she has over 120 people signed up.
 danceintomyheart

Thur Oct 6th Dunedin Causeway Island Outpost Sunset Watch & Live Music
Posted: 10/3/2011 4:58:40 PM
Looks like another fun night Doug! I can't make this one but if you have one Nov. 3rd. I might be over that way and be able to make it! Peace!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 8 (view)

New Smyrna Beach, June 25'th 2011, McCharacters Sports Bar & Grill
Posted: 6/22/2011 7:36:26 AM
Thanks, Diesel! It does help!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 7 (view)

New Smyrna Beach, June 25'th 2011, McCharacters Sports Bar & Grill
Posted: 6/18/2011 11:48:59 AM
Your map link takes you to the Palm Coast bar. If anyone out of the area is trying to figure out where this place is, they might go to the wrong one. I am trying to figure out where it is and how far it is from Jacksonville! Thanks and good luck with your party! Looks like it will be a success! Party on, Garth!!!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 6 (view)

Luau at Logan's in Alington
Posted: 5/1/2011 5:43:20 PM
I think it might be too late now. But that is ok. There is a learning curve to being a pof hostess. Next time remember to put Jacksonville and the date in the headline.
Actually it might work out better for you too being your first party and that the place only holds 70. Plus people will come and go so that you will be able to accomodate more than 70 because of that. Several other things is that people bring friends but also not everyone who signs up shows up. However on the flip coin, not everyone who shows up will sign up. I hope I have not scared you! lol!
The important thing is that you are taking the time time to host a party. Thanks for that! And Good luck!
 danceintomyheart

Posted: 5/1/2011 8:50:43 AM
Old Arlington is from University to around the Regency area. There is more crime there now including a few murders every now and then. East Arlington is from Regency to the Intracoastal. Where you lived is right on the border where the newer homes start. You probably would not recognize the place now. It is all built up now. I have been here since 1982 and it has grown a lot. Atlantic and Beach Blvds. are now 3 or 4 lanes. And they finally connected Mayport to East Arlington with Wonderwood Expressway. But if you come up, send me an email. We can meet and see the sights! Do you still have family here?
 danceintomyheart

Posted: 4/30/2011 5:16:11 PM
You really need to put Jacksonville in the title before you officially post this on the party posts if you want a good crowd. Not everyone knows Arlington is in Jacksonville. If you do not make the change soon, that will be your title and it may not attract as big of a crowd as you would if Jacksonville was in the title. You have to remember that the party posts are for all of Florida. Just a suggestion. But thanks for taking the time to have a pof party!
Old Arlington is a little run down but East Arlington is nicer.
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 38 (view)

CHEERS Mandarin-Saturday 23 April 2011
Posted: 4/21/2011 6:47:00 AM
Hey, Savvy! It looks like another fun party! I have to work that day but hope to make it for some fun, laughs, and fishing! lol! And I can Kareoke, but Kareoke roulette? Should I be afraid? lol! Can't wait to see you and all the other fishies! Thanks for setting up the POF parties! You rock!
p.s. Love your profile picture! Stunning!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 66 (view)

5 April 2011 Cheers Orange Park, FL THE DATING GAME!!!
Posted: 4/3/2011 7:01:57 PM
Lost, what a cute idea! Love it! Icebreakers are great for pof parties!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 65 (view)

Posted: 4/3/2011 7:58:02 AM
Hey Savannah! How about a ......drum roll please.....Bunny Hop!!! lol! It is almost Easter! lol!
Sorry, just being a silly rabbit this morning!
Bad news tho is that I probably cannot make it either. But I will definitely make your next one! Thank you for organizing these parties. I know it takes a lot of work and some money of your own to do it! Keep playing Cupid! You Rock!!!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 34 (view)

Posted: 3/26/2011 5:33:24 PM
Hi Diva! Thanks! It should be a fun and interesting party. I am expecting a lot of laughs!! LOL!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 32 (view)

Posted: 3/25/2011 1:20:14 PM
OK, Savannah! I am your 20th so that you can send your email out!
Bad boys, cougar hunters! This could be some party! WooHoo!!!
Let the games begin!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 23 (view)

Posted: 3/22/2011 4:58:07 PM
Let the roaring begin! Cougars will be roaming that night! Hunters beware!Roar.....
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 17 (view)

Posted: 3/22/2011 9:20:05 AM
Savannah! Love the new party idea! The Dating Game...Too funny! You Rock!Tuesdays are a long day for me but I will think about making it. And a Cougar hunter is going too! WooHoo!!!
 danceintomyheart

Jacksonville, FL...DESPERATELY SEEKING...or...I SAW YOU AT THE PARTY &...
Posted: 2/14/2011 7:56:26 AM
Great job on your first party, Savannah! And great idea for this thread too! Hopefully Cupids arrow hit a few people that night! It totally missed me tho! lol!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 12 (view)

Name tags, party plans & forum threads...
Posted: 2/14/2011 7:52:34 AM
For your first pof party, you did a great job, Savannah! Kudos to you and your help. Yes, it was a little crowded but that is what parties are all about! To have an after party thread, you need to have someone take pictures. That will create the after party thread when you download the pictures! Actually, you can just start a new thread regarding the event for feedback! Great meeting you!
 danceintomyheart

Nuts & Bolts Valentine Single's Party
Posted: 2/9/2011 6:23:15 PM
Because he is stealing the idea from the other Jax party on the 12th that is the real nuts and bolts party! So uncreative!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 41 (view)

MONKEY´S UNCLE-Jacksonville, Mandarin San Jose Blvd...Nuts & Bolts Party!!!
Posted: 2/4/2011 12:22:02 PM
Yes, Dolly, there will be several of us that you can hang with. Just come and have a good time. I have made women and men friends at the pof parties! It is all about having fun and meeting new friends! Party on!!
!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 30 (view)

Posted: 2/2/2011 8:22:10 AM
Great job, Savannah! Spanky is a good band too! If you need any more help. let me know! Party on!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 25 (view)

Posted: 2/1/2011 11:09:08 AM
Savannah, most of the hosts take off all the limitations of who can email you so that anyone can ask you questions. That includes age and sex of who can contact you. Not all people like to post for all the world to see. Just something to think about!
As for Eric, Monkees sometimes has a younger crowd later which might help him meet someone more in tune to him. Like others have said, just go andhave fun! You will not meet anyone staying at home!
Peace!
 danceintomyheart

Valentine's Day Singles~ Art~ Wine ~New Friends
Posted: 1/18/2011 2:37:07 PM
Thanks for setting this up. But you should add Jacksonville to the title so that the locals know about it. Good luck!
 danceintomyheart

jacksonville and areas close by
Posted: 1/8/2011 7:24:11 PM
Hey, Nancy! Well, I am doing better and am so happy to see 2011 fi nally get here. Hope you are doing well too!
Thanks for posting the rules for Jax. I did not knew where to find them since I have never been in charge of a party. But I know you have thrown some good ones. Hopefgully we can get a few parties up here in Jax! Take care!
 danceintomyheart

jacksonville and areas close by
Posted: 1/8/2011 9:58:59 AM
Hi Jaxflorida! It would be great if you want to organize an event. I have never put one one but I have gone to a few. I heard the first thing to do is to read the event rules. POF is pretty strict on the right procedures in posting something. I am not into horse riding but I am sure you could get some to want to do that. Other parts of Florida have had picnics, the zoo, and of course dancing at local clubs. One area is doing a sunset boat trip. Email me if you want to exchange ideas or post on here. I might be able to help you plus I know a couple people that have had events.
Happy fishing!
 danceintomyheart

Country Hoe Down in Jacksonville
Posted: 12/29/2010 2:34:28 PM
Thanks for taking the time to set this up! I will try and stop by and say hello! Yehaw!!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 47 (view)

~CoMe CaTcH yOuRsElF a BiRd~ Hosted By: PYTACORA - Jacksonville Middleburg Dr. Inlet Orange Park
Posted: 11/27/2010 7:21:29 PM
I was thinking about you when this party post came up and wondered if you had got married! I am so happy for you girlfriend. I hope I eventually find the last love of my life! You give me hope! Hugs!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 40 (view)

~CoMe CaTcH yOuRsElF a BiRd~ Hosted By: PYTACORA - Jacksonville Middleburg Dr. Inlet Orange Park
Posted: 11/27/2010 10:06:40 AM
Congrats, Tigger! Great picture of you and Chuck at your wedding! So happy that you found love on POF! It gives us all hope, girlfriend! Peace!
 danceintomyheart

Posted: 11/12/2010 7:30:58 AM
Happy Birthday, Goldberg! Have a rocking one!
 danceintomyheart

Posted: 11/11/2010 7:49:38 PM
They say its my birthday..... lol! I will support your party. If you and the manager want to do something that is ok but just don't embarrass me! Please! lol!
 danceintomyheart

Posted: 11/11/2010 4:57:08 PM
Sounds like fun but what is the exact date for your soiree? Is it the 27th? Thanks!
p.s. My birthday is Nov. 30th!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 265 (view)

What was the most favorite thing that happened to you this week?
Posted: 8/19/2010 7:30:40 PM
JMO, Nurse but I prefer to squeeze my lemons, not crush them! I believe it makes my lemonade just a little bit sweeter!
 danceintomyheart

Have you seen the new Backtacular Gluteal ?
Posted: 5/5/2010 5:47:49 PM
They showed them on our local tv here in Jax recently and it just cracked me up! OMG! Just wear pants that fit right or a longer shirt. I do not care what age you are but it is not attractive! If I do not want to see the plumber's butt crack, I don't want to see yours either! LOL! And they complained about our generation!
p.s. Thanks for the laugh, Nancy! : )
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 106 (view)

Possibility Thinking
Posted: 5/2/2010 6:27:07 AM
Yes, Tigger, you can get a witness! Amen, girlfriend! You attract what you put out there. A positive attitude towards life and living atracts positive and happy vibes. And of course, negativity attracts and breeds more negativity.
No wonder the nurse has to do so much training! With her attitude towards insults and negative comments, what else would she attract?
Me, I will keep my positive attitude and keep on trucking! Peace!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 104 (view)

Possibility Thinking
Posted: 4/25/2010 7:09:34 PM
Thanks, Nancy! I have been thinking of how to respond to the nurse. But I totally agree with you. Change can be good and sometimes necessary but it must come from within ourselves. And it must come when we are ready and willing to make those changes. But some people are happy with themselves as they are and I say... Live and let live! Who am I to judge anyone or even tell them what to do? She who throws the first stone.....
There is NO excuse to be mean! I have no respect when someone goes out of their way to be unkind for no good reason. We are all people and part of humanity. We all have red blood! And the last I checked, NO ONE is perfect!
Nurse.....Oh, never mind. If you can't say anything nice about someone, it is best to say nothing at all!
Good night! and Peace!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 97 (view)

Possibility Thinking
Posted: 4/18/2010 7:18:04 AM
Thanks, Nancy, duct tape removed! lol! I just thought it was best that another man responded to all that negativity. The poster already had a bad attitude towards women. So sad!
And Nurse, leave Roxanne alone! She accepts who she is and she does not need you to give her any unasked for advice. Be nice on the forums, please!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 91 (view)

Hateful Emails from Rejects
Posted: 4/15/2010 7:23:21 PM
My thoughts exactly, Nancy! I thought it was best to leave that one alone. And I only thought women were scorned! lol! Double up on the duct tape!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 73 (view)

April 17th CRAZY 80's DINNER & DANCE PARTY!!! Jacksonville/Orange Park
Posted: 4/15/2010 2:47:09 PM
Hey, Jack, I am just a freestyle dancer who loves to dance. Never had a lesson and not sure who to recommend. My name was created to hopefully find someone to dance with me the rest of my life. In real life, I am a real estate agent. I can help you buy or sell a home! Maybe you can post something in the forums to see if there is anyone on here in the Jacksonville area who might help you for free. I think it is a great idea! If I hear of anything, I will let you know. But I will think about it! Anyone out there know someone who can help Jack? It would make for an awesome party! Party on!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 67 (view)

Posted: 4/15/2010 6:39:59 AM
OMG!!! Tigger, I am so happy for you! Congrats my dear friend! Love is a splendid thing! You really do give me and all the other people on here hope! Love rocks!
 danceintomyheart
Msg: 64 (view)

Posted: 4/14/2010 1:29:32 PM
Now Tigger, who you calling old? lol! Tigger, you are a one woman party, girlfriend! And as Rirene says, no alcohol needed! You are also the dancing queen. Wish I could make your party but I already have plans! But I know with you in charge, everyone will have a great time! Glad to hear that you actually found love on here. It gives us all hope, my friend! Peace and hugs!
 danceintomyheart

When is TRUST given to another too much trust?
Posted: 3/29/2010 5:49:54 PM
I am so sorry for you too. But even tho you may not want to hear this, you are much better off without her if she was so deceptive. Love should be honest, giving, caring, and sharing. Love is not being able to live without the other person. But it also must be a mutual feeling and attraction. But let it be a lesson learned. Your heart will heal. You will also learn to trust again and share your heart with someone who really deserves it. But always remember that it is always better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all! And that love is a splendid thing! Peace!
 danceintomyheart

Chemistry
Posted: 3/19/2010 4:14:54 PM
I never look at the numbers and I have never taken the test. I trust my judgement by reading the profiles and what and how they say things. If they do not have much to say, have bad grammar, or poor spelling, I usually move on.
 danceintomyheart

Jacksonville POF get togethers?
Posted: 3/19/2010 7:38:08 AM
There is one tomorrow and one April 17th. Look on the bottom of your message section. The one tomorrow says something about the Island so it was hard to tell that it was Fleming Island. Not much response tho since the title was so vague. The other one is also Orange Park but has more people signed up.

Show ALL Forums