Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Show ALL Forums
Posted In Forum:

Home   login   MyForums  

Author Thread: How to tell a woman to start paying for part of the date
 -Michiel-
Msg: 578 (view)

How to tell a woman to start paying for part of the date
Posted: 12/27/2011 7:14:33 PM
she may be afraid to pay too much or she may have had different intentions...
 -Michiel-
Msg: 68 (view)

does mr.right exist
Posted: 12/27/2011 7:12:32 PM
if you are going to live with him for the sake of not wanting to be alone than you are in love for the wrong reasons..whatever the right ones are i don't know though :P. anyways, don't be too serious at your age, but it doesn't mean you have to get rid of your boyfriend if you feel or think that you two are very serious.

from my experience: when i was 20 i had an amazing relationship with someone from my class in college, and with amazing i mean that the relationship itself was very known and praised by students. however we chose to live together and that was a huge mistake and the whole thing blew up. so i learned that at such a young age you have to figure out things in your life without being tied to responsibilities that require both of your attention, meaning that you need to have space for yourself.

that said, i advice that when you live together with him you both seek your own time where you can simply forget each other and really have your own time. especially for you, because you need to remind to enjoy having time with yourself just as much as you would enjoy having time with your boyfriend.
 -Michiel-
Msg: 27 (view)

Atheism and Dating
Posted: 12/27/2011 6:57:35 PM
you see, the real point is......

you look into her eyes and ask her if she is religious. if she is, you could ask her how she sees you/feels about you/thinks about you/being in love/relationship (with you). would she love you if she was not religious?

so if she answers that her religion is about her and not about you then it's fine. in other words, her beliefs are hers to have and your beliefs are yours to have. actually an atheist is a faithful person by believing god does not exist, so it would be wonderful to talk about beliefs without referring to religion. that said i think a common belief within a relationship is stronger than religious belief because religious belief is external. so, rather find the things you have in common and enjoy harvesting the benefits
 -Michiel-
Msg: 36 (view)

Question about Autism and relationships.
Posted: 10/29/2010 3:25:12 PM
A few weeks ago I had a sort of first date with someone I knew from an online game. We spent half a day at a fair. She only told me at the end of the day that she has a mild form of autism.

What really helped is that I knew her for some time online. We were chatting on webcam and I already told her I liked her. I think that is the key point where she decided to tell me: I liked her and we spent a day together, after we got to know each other more (which was on webcam). Tomorrow is our second date, and I feel I might have been very lucky to have met her.

In my opinion, when you feel comfortable with a person, that you can be yourself, that the point is that she loves being with you, then is the right time to tell her. If you don't feel comfortable after some time, try to find out why by talking with her. If you can spend time with someone and you enjoy spending that time, then there's nothing to lose for you. Just know that you're worth it.

good luck!
 -Michiel-
Msg: 6 (view)

Did she ever truly love me?
Posted: 5/25/2010 8:36:34 AM
How can you even think about a rebound girl, hat is so wrong in every way.
 -Michiel-
Msg: 4 (view)

Did she ever truly love me?
Posted: 5/25/2010 7:28:09 AM
I can say one thing mate, sometimes when you feel like you want to do everything for your girl and you show that to her...then she will start expecting that. When she starts rejecting you you just give her space so she can see the wonderful guy that you are before it gets too late.

Man I've made this mistake so many times because for guys like us, being so intense and passionate about doing everything for your girl, its the hardest thing to give space. but it's the only way to show that you care about her (if i get this situation right of course). Sometimes you gotta care about yourself first...because what can a girl see in you if you only think about her and not yourself?...there you go, nothing!

-Michiel-
Msg: 5 (view)

Chinese girl...
Posted: 11/12/2009 3:19:26 PM
Thank you for all the nice suggestions!!

Well what to say. I called her Monday, she didnt pick up and texted me later she was in a lecture, so she asks whats up. I say nothing just having my dinner...

Then she texts me back later to be sorry to have missed the first dinner with me. I know when a chinese girl says maybe next time or something like that, that its a no. But yeah what to think of this one? So I trusted its true what she said...well, I'm stupid enough to think I need to take initiative all the time...which I found out after three more really nice excuses...even my Chinese friend thought she might still be into me...

And now I should move on to a new thread because theres another Chinese girl (hey its only the second, dont start wondering yet please :P). But yeah complications all the way with that. Sigh. Maybe need some time for myself.
 -Michiel-
Msg: 2 (view)

Chinese girl...
Posted: 11/2/2009 7:57:37 AM
Thank you very much :D
 -Michiel-
Msg: 1 (view)

Chinese girl...
Posted: 11/2/2009 3:48:07 AM
Well I like this Chinese girl (I am European) and want to spend some time with her after we met once when going out with a group of students. We had some really nice talks and eye contact and I think it might be a bit of a "love at first sight thing".

She grew up in China and is in Europe only since a few months so...any advice?
 -Michiel-
Msg: 12 (view)

Does he like me or just as a friend?
Posted: 11/2/2009 3:24:16 AM
seems he is afraid to talk to you. he (only?) texts you and invites you (and himself) only to be with friends. as he said he just got out of a relationship and is not looking for a new one he might mean with that that it didn't end so well and has a problem to put trust in a relationship. anyhow i think something is going on...

if he is shy he might text you just because he is shy. if not he might text you because he is unsure about a new relationship. (if i like a girl i will call her not text her). i think you two need to spend some time together and see what you are up to :). If he doesn't want to spend time with you he might just be looking for a one night stand (you deserve better then that!!). if he does want to meet you can get to know each other better which will definitely make things more clear for you.

and ur friends know u better then some random people on plentyoffish!! take their opinions and advice more seriously :)
 -Michiel-
Msg: 8 (view)

Non-Smoker, But No Must Not Smoke
Posted: 11/2/2009 3:08:50 AM
It's a shame the option is there. It should be left blank and free to choose when meeting. If you really love a woman you will not worry about her smoking or not. You will deal with it.
 -Michiel-
Msg: 4 (view)

Honesty or Avoidance--which would be wiser?
Posted: 7/13/2008 12:55:16 PM
Agreed, although being honest is actually difficult, it always gives the best outcome. Always.
 -Michiel-
Msg: 10 (view)

22 and still single. Bad?
Posted: 7/13/2008 12:42:08 PM
I've had 1 relationship that lasted 2 years, and I am 26 now. All I can say is that, if you are respectful enough, loving, caring, and a few more things, to a certain extend, then you can expect to be a good part of any relationship. I was very insecure about myself, but now that I got to know myself better I see its becoming easier to have better understanding and communication. It's just my case though. But I advice not to be insecure. It doesn't bring any benefit ;).
 -Michiel-
Msg: 20 (view)

Moved to fast
Posted: 6/25/2008 4:38:29 PM

The OP ISNT in denial...geez...dont people READ the posts? cos clearly few people actually follow the entire thread?

I was not referring to him being in denial, and in fact you are right that he wasn't in denial. I couldn't agree more with you kyn :). More clearly about what I said: I meant that having no secrets is the best way to improved and quality relationships. Thanks for answering
 -Michiel-
Msg: 11 (view)

Moved to fast
Posted: 6/24/2008 4:01:02 PM

how would I be expected to recognise it unless I saw it with my own two eyes?

You can see more with your eyes, and hear more with your ears then you think darling :). However, I think that love is one of the most important yet maybe the most misunderstood part of life. Couples should be aware, listen and create instead of keep going at the same rate for too long. An alcohol addict will not be easily able to fake then, even when you don't see eachother that much. Most important is that you ask for honesty and integrity from the start. Being an alcohol addict doesn't mean you can't tell about it, you just need the right situation, the right time, the right person etc. No matter what someone's actions are, they can always talk about it. If you ask for honesty and integrity in a deep conversation, then the drunk will realize at some point pretty soon the uselesness of lying and the usefulness of telling the truth: "do not judge, yet let somebody judge him/herself". Personally I deeply hate from the bottom of my heart "blind faith" in relationships. You NEED communication, or you will get misunderstandings. Let the truth prevail and guide you in your love life :).
 -Michiel-
Msg: 11 (view)

When you like someone, what's the best way to get over nerves?
Posted: 6/16/2008 4:02:19 PM
I think nervosity is one of the most honest feelings, and definitely tells you like the guy. I have the same problem, when I like a girl and I see that the girl might like me when we make conversation I just go "poof!! blackout" and I get all nervous and manage to say things which I wish I didn't when thinking about it afterwards . So I started to focus on "keeping things cool", and listening rather then trying to "talk things right" all the time. I still make the same mistake, but I can see changes now. It worked for me, maybe for you?
 -Michiel-
Msg: 20 (view)

Freedom to fascism Have you seen it ? what did you think ?
Posted: 6/9/2008 2:25:42 PM

power corrupts as they say so I am not sure why its such a big surprise, but it doesn't mean that there is a huge conspiracy

I did not know nor would believe any details as described by "Zeitgeist" and "Freedom to Fascism", before I saw those movies. And of course I was shocked and surprised bigger then ever. I am a Dutchman and I am TERRIFIED by the thought that this EU constitution will come even though the Dutch and French voted against it! Realize what your rights are as a human being and how the truth will set you free, and you will be surprised like me. Honestly, really, truthfully.
 -Michiel-
Msg: 87 (view)

Zeitgeist: The Movie
Posted: 6/9/2008 1:53:36 PM
It is fine to question the authenticity of Zeitgeist, however it is not necessary:

- This movie was conducted from the idea that we are all humans and all the same, which means that his/her point of view can only be sincere and apply to all of us.

- If you look at the details, you won't see the big picture. Look at the big picture, and you will see that even if half of the movie is true the big picture still stands. I don't know if you can, but I can see all kinds of links with history and present now through this movie. And I accept and agree with the explanation of these links, and with he solution as being given in the beginning of the movie. The matter is "now". Not so much the authenticity of things, but what is really happening.

- Conspiracy theories explain AT LEAST that there is some sort of problem which the "conspiracy writer" has taken time for to write about, either correctly described or only partial. Critics often say things such as "this and this and this is wrong and this guy is a retard". EXACTLY these things are fears that result in no solutions and an on-going problem full of lies.

You see 2 kids fighting for a stupid reason, so you take one apart and tell him not to do it again and the other one you reward with a lollypop? Oh come on! You know why those wars are there. You have the truth in you. And it will set you free once you know it.
 -Michiel-
Msg: 434 (view)

Ever Wonder Why Single Men Do Not like Single mothers?
Posted: 6/6/2008 1:00:57 PM

Its not my daughter's fault how she got here or who her sperm donor so to speak is

It ain't your fault either. Love does not exclude children, but I think men tend to be a bit scared when they hear about it. Sometimes they really don't want to be tied (yet), and others might not have thought about it. I think the best way is to try find the right moment and give him time to think about it after you told him. Then you will most likely get an honest answer. Some other ideas could be to bring forward the positive aspects of having a kid, to re-evaluate where you are meeting your dates (e.g. a normal bar would give you fewer chance of success I think). Good luck

Show ALL Forums